NATION

PASSWORD

Imperium: The Age of Empires (IC; OPEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Imperium: The Age of Empires (IC; OPEN)

Postby Northern Seleucia » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:21 pm

Imperium: The Age of Empires

“Veni, vidi, vici.”
― Julius Caesar

It is AD 1876. The world is a vastly different place from our modern era. Empires ruled the world, conquering other, weaker nations with iron fists soaked in blood. New nations rose from the past, and the world order was shaken. During this period, between the 1815 Congress of Vienna after the defeat of Napoleonic France and Imperial Germany's victory in the Franco-Prussian War in 1871, Great Britain reaped the benefits of being Europe's dominant military and economic power. As the "workshop of the world", Britain could produce finished goods so efficiently that they could usually undersell comparable, locally manufactured goods in foreign markets, supplying a large share of the manufactured goods consumed by such nations as the German states, France, Belgium, and the United States.

The erosion of British hegemony after the Franco-Prussian War, in which a coalition of German states led by Prussia soundly defeated the Second French Empire, was occasioned by changes in the European and world economies and in the continental balance of power following the breakdown of the Concert of Europe, established by the Congress of Vienna. The establishment of nation-states in Germany and Italy resolved territorial issues that had kept potential rivals embroiled in internal affairs at the heart of Europe to Britain's advantage. The years from 1871 to 1914 would be marked by an extremely unstable peace. France's determination to recover Alsace-Lorraine, annexed by Germany as a result of the Franco-Prussian War, and Germany's mounting imperialist ambitions would keep the two nations constantly poised for conflict.

The Berlin Conference of 1884–1885 sought to destroy the competition between the powers by defining "effective occupation" as the criterion for international recognition of a territory claim, specifically in Africa. The imposition of direct rule in terms of "effective occupation" necessitated routine recourse to armed force against indigenous states and peoples. Uprisings against imperial rule were put down ruthlessly, most brutally in the Herero Wars in German South-West Africa from 1904 to 1907 and the Maji Maji Rebellion in German East Africa from 1905 to 1907. One of the goals of the conference was to reach agreements over trade, navigation, and boundaries of Central Africa. However, of all of the 15 nations in attendance of the Berlin Conference, none of the countries represented were African.

The main dominating powers of the conference were France, Germany, Great Britain and Portugal. They remapped Africa without considering the cultural and linguistic borders that were already established. At the end of the conference, Africa was divided into 50 different colonies. The attendants established who was in control of each of these newly divided colonies. They also planned, noncommittally, to end the slave trade in Africa.

But in this alternate history, things have gone a little differently.

Nations in this timeline are much more ambitious, and things aren't limited to Europe. New weapons like the Gatling Gun and Maxim Gun are also changing the course of the battlefield. Social and economic movements are promising to overthrow the longstanding order of society.

And you must keep it in line.

This roleplay is open! If you wish to join, telegram Northern Seleucia with a request, and he'll be happy to respond.

Last edited by Northern Seleucia on Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:49 am, edited 8 times in total.
The United States of America
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
American Imperialist - Evangelical Christian
Слава Україні! - Stand with Israel
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Reconstruction Era: A New and Resurgent America

Postby Northern Seleucia » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:47 pm

A terrible sight to behold, but a blank canvas for a new future.

The terrible civil war in the United States had ended twelve years earlier. Reconstruction had gone into full swing, and the industrial might of the nation turned south to rebuild the destroyed nation. The nation was entering a new age - a new age beyond slavery and the divisions of the past, and moving to a new era. A gilded era. An era with economic prowess, religious revivals, and an expanding, resurgent America on the world stage. In the west, the American Indian Wars still raged, with American cavalry dominating the landscape against the Indian tribes.

In Europe and Asia, colonial empires were feeling ambitious. Nations, unable to colonize the Americas, were looking towards Africa and Southeast Asia for colonization. Lucrative trade routes fueled a new desire for more power, more land, and more money. Religious revivals worldwide fueled the desire to Christianize the natives, and vast resource deposits in central Africa led to leaders like Leopold II controlling the Congo.

It was only a matter of time before interests clashed.
Last edited by Northern Seleucia on Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

Port Caverton
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Caverton » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:13 am

it was a calm day in Belgium
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:23 am

Port Caverton wrote:it was a calm day in Belgium

The Belgians displayed pride in their king, King Leopold II. He was propelling the country to a new future. Though there were some reservations. The people weren't too excited about colonization. But the Congo Free State, Leopold's property, was the gem in his crown.

Port Caverton
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Port Caverton » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:25 am

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Port Caverton wrote:it was a calm day in Belgium

The Belgians displayed pride in their king, King Leopold II. He was propelling the country to a new future. Though there were some reservations. The people weren't too excited about colonization. But the Congo Free State, Leopold's property, was the gem in his crown.

The king was ready to turn the CFS into a profitable land
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Keltrkle
Attaché

Founded: Dec 06, 2022
Ex-Nation

Mexico begins to industrialize…

Postby Keltrkle » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:36 am

The Mexican government begins to employ Miners to begin mining for sliver and gold in the northern regions of the country and begins selling to the South American market. Part of the resources are also being invested in further infrastructure development in urban areas help strengthen local economic development.
As well as industrialization to begin in the southern regions as well near the Yucatán peninsula.

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

The United States Looks Onward

Postby Northern Seleucia » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:40 am

As the United States Army engaged the Indians in the West, the United States Navy looked towards the Caribbean. Eyeing the prized Cuban and Puerto Rican colonies of Spain, the nation began to sow the seeds of rebellion, hoping that an independence movement arose. A modernization program beginning in 1870 took off when the first steel-hulled warships stimulated the American steel industry, and "the new steel navy" was born. The ironclads created during the Civil War were the first in the world to see action, and the Americans raced to have the world's first steel navy. The booming steel industry, led by Andrew Carnegie, an early monopolist, was quick to fulfill the needs of the nation's navy.

In Central America, American businesses influenced the locals. The possibility of a new canal stretching across Panama, or even Nicaragua, were high, and the nation was interesting.

Ayshire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

The British Empire turns it's attention towards the US

Postby Ayshire » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:00 am

Her Majesty's Empire had never been better. With unprecedented growth and dominance of the seas who could stop them, the Germans while presenting a possible threat would be taken care of when the time comes and the French had been soundly humbled. The Americans though were recently showing off something which made Parliament nervous. For the time since the Revolutionary War they had kept mostly to themselves evening having a civil war but there were reports of them trying to incite rebellion in the Spanish Caribbean, possibly they might turn their attention to Jamaica or the Leeward Islands and threaten Her Majesty's hold on the Caribbean. It also didn't help that they were attempting to make ironclads. For now they would keep a close eye on the US while reinforcing their hold on Africa.
Last edited by Ayshire on Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud memeber of InterCOM, and ASP
A conservative northern european nation
MT/PT Nation
NS stats are not canon
Gotta love having a deep fried mars bar
Officially the Ayshirean Republic

-Pashtunistan
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby -Pashtunistan » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:02 am

Meanwhile The German Imperial Government has founded the Reichsbank following the banking law issued by the Reichstag.
Last thing young tajik children see before being executed by Pashtun police officers.
I am an ex-Muslim who converted to Christianity. I am extremely racist(Indo-Europeans forever baby, except for the North Indians, I don't like them.) also but I can still have civil conversations, and ask that you do the same. I accept homosexuals(Bisexual myself, heh), but I don't believe a guy can change genders...
Homosexual rights are human rights. Bisexual Rights are human rights. Trans rights are satanic.

The Astral Mandate
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

The Fire of Rebellion

Postby The Astral Mandate » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:07 am

Aland, Russian Empire:
"The Alanders! They've taken Önningby, and they're starting to reach the outskirts of Mariehamn!"
"Where are they advancing?"
"Kalmsta! They're trying to take the pier!"
Alright, here's some backstory:

A rebellion against Russia had started in Aland, near Godby in the north.
Their goal was to reunite with Sweden, whose rule they missed dearly.
If they could only take Mariehamn...
MT, borderline PMT (Year: 2023)
Founder of the Rigel Pact, an organization dedicated to, basically, spreading peace and preventing the apocalypse.
Co- Founder of the Agricultural Research Organization, dedicated to producing the best fruit varieties in the world.
Left/Right: -7.25
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74
"Aggression benefits the despot: therefore, work for freedom is work for peace." -Me

-Pashtunistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Pashtunistan » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:08 am

The Astral Mandate wrote:Aland, Russian Empire:
"The Alanders! They've taken Önningby, and they're starting to reach the outskirts of Mariehamn!"

The German Empire would be very keen to put any past rivalry aside and is willing to support the Russian empire in suppressing Aland.
Last thing young tajik children see before being executed by Pashtun police officers.
I am an ex-Muslim who converted to Christianity. I am extremely racist(Indo-Europeans forever baby, except for the North Indians, I don't like them.) also but I can still have civil conversations, and ask that you do the same. I accept homosexuals(Bisexual myself, heh), but I don't believe a guy can change genders...
Homosexual rights are human rights. Bisexual Rights are human rights. Trans rights are satanic.

Port Caverton
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Port Caverton » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:10 am

-Pashtunistan wrote:

The German Empire would be very keen to put any past rivalry aside and is willing to support the Russian empire in suppressing Aland.

Belgium is required to remain neutral.

The Astral Mandate
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

The Wrath of the Swedes

Postby The Astral Mandate » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:11 am

-Pashtunistan wrote:

Sweden has announced its support for the Alanders, and is sending a significant naval force into Mariehamn to help capture the city.
The Alanders call on the British Empire to rescue them, despite having failed before during what became known as the Crimean War.
Last edited by The Astral Mandate on Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of the Rigel Pact, an organization dedicated to, basically, spreading peace and preventing the apocalypse.
Co- Founder of the Agricultural Research Organization, dedicated to producing the best fruit varieties in the world.
"Aggression benefits the despot: therefore, work for freedom is work for peace." -Me

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:57 am

Ayshire wrote:Her Majesty's Empire had never been better. With unprecedented growth and dominance of the seas who could stop them, the Germans while presenting a possible threat would be taken care of when the time comes and the French had been soundly humbled. The Americans though were recently showing off something which made Parliament nervous. For the time since the Revolutionary War they had kept mostly to themselves evening having a civil war but there were reports of them trying to incite rebellion in the Spanish Caribbean, possibly they might turn their attention to Jamaica or the Leeward Islands and threaten Her Majesty's hold on the Caribbean. It also didn't help that they were attempting to make ironclads. For now they would keep a close eye on the US while reinforcing their hold on Africa.

Ironically, at this time the United States was looking forward to working with the British Empire. A diplomatic telegram arrived on July 1st, 1876, three days before the nation's centennial celebration.

The United States of America to Her Majesty Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

We wish long health and many years to Her Majesty the Queen and her gracious and merciful rule of the mighty British Empire.
The United States, in honor of the one years of independence between our nation and yours, would like to honor the ties between our people and our nations. In a first, due to our usual policy of isolationism, we would like to extend an invitation to a strategic partnership, by allowing Britain more favorable trade policies regarding American steel in exchange for the use of coaling stations in the Caribbean for the American fleet. We would also like to extend an invitation for the British Ambassador in Washington to attend the Centennial Celebration. We hope that this could be the beginning of something greater.

Sincerely,
Ulysses S. Grant
President of the United States of America
Last edited by Northern Seleucia on Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ayshire
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

A return to the Crimea

Postby Ayshire » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:05 am

With this call for help from the Alanders Parliament has approved the deployment of a naval task force along with a regiment. The ship in question HMS Champion currently on a deployment in the Mediterranean shall make a quick stop at Cyprus picking up the newly formed Cyrpus Regiment and then will make it's way to the Black Sea.
If any neutral countries attempt to help the Russian Empire and get in the way of their mission this will be seen as a act of war and the Champion will fire upon without hesitation.

Also on other note HMS Black Prince the second ironclad in Her Majesty's service has been deployed to the Crown Colony of Jamaica as a show of force incase the US gets any ideas. The ship and crew are expected to arrive in 3-4 days and will resupply in the Leeward Islands before completing her journey. There also been talk about a possible invasion of Cuba for security reasons.

Glory to Her Majesty Victoria and the Empire!

HMS Champion earlier this year
MT/PT Nation
NS stats are not canon

Horvland
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 27, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Horvland » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:10 am

Lisboa, Republic of Portugal, Senate Palace

president Camara was in his office, portugal was in an emerging situation, something had to be done or portugal would have become an irrelevant nation, on paper the "juiciest" nation in Africa was Morocco, it could be easy to influence it, but also the other nations such as Germany, France and Spain sought to influence him into their sphere of influence. So he decided to send ambassadors to the Sultan of Morocco to bring the two countries closer diplomatically, escorted by 1000 soldiers and a flotilla of 9 ships

Santoak
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Santoak » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:11 am

Le Temps Paper

Coup in France!

Today was the scene of much tumult and chaos in Paris as sudden street fighting broke out during dawn. Police Officers were suddenly given orders from the army in the morning of a sudden change of patrol duties, being replaced by Army soldiers instead. Slowly multiple divisions from the army and marines slipped into Paris in greater and greater numbers by the time noon came around where all strategic locations came under their control bloodlessly.

At around that time, a regularly scheduled meeting of the Parliament at Château de Versailles took place. Militia of unknown origin dressed in black garb suddenly sealed off all roads leading to the building and telegraph lines to the outside were severed before the army arrived to surround the building with cannon shot. A demand to surrender the French representatives was made however the Republican Guard refused. A three hour standoff occurred with sporadic shots being exchanged. An attempted breakout by a group of Guard horsemen to send for reinforcements was decimated by army cannon.

The standoff ended when a mob numbering in the thousands appearing from Paris armed with old muskets and assorted makeshift weapons was allowed to storm Versailles. The Republican Guard made a heroic last stand in the name of democracy but they were too greatly outnumbered and after several more hours of savage room to room fighting, they ran out of ammo and were forced to surrender. Surprisingly given the angry and disorganized nature of the mob, no senators parliament members were killed even if some were badly beaten and spat on.

By dawn the true nature of the attacks became clear, an extremely well-orchestrated coup perpetrated by extreme nationalists of France with significant military support under the leadership of Maurice Barrès, an influential writer and activist. Harvesting the anger of the French population at the defeat of the Franco-Prussian war not too long ago he has large-scale popular support amongst the people who had seen the Third Republic as another in a long line of weak-willed failures. It is fitting then that he has announced the dissolution of all elements of the Third Republic and the formation of the French State with him serving as Dictator of the French People for so long as the unstable emergency continues. It is not entirely clear what the policy of this French state will be but judging from previous writings and speeches the new Dictator has given it is likely that this new government will pursue a strong ethnic Ultranationalists with heavy opposition against the new German Empire.

In order to achieve his goal of a strong France he has effectively removed democracy as of his accession as its leader this morning. The French Catholic Church is being given an option to fall under direct control of the French Government or face severe censure. Martial law has been declared over the country for an undisclosed amount of time. All public criticism has been banned and mass arrests of political opposition figures are occurring as of this writing. There are even unconfirmed rumours of mass executions taking place in Oradour-sur-Glane where a Socialist Group was based.

All public publications are to also fall under Government control.

This will be the final and lass publication of Le Temps as the new National Government will soon force us to cease operations.

God save France.
Yes I'm an Evangelion fan, how could you tell?

We're an abomination of a nation with New Zealand and Japan fused together where Japan is.

Also we have to deal with Kaiju. So there's that.

AVALON TEAM

Ayshire
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ayshire » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:13 am

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Ayshire wrote:Her Majesty's Empire had never been better. With unprecedented growth and dominance of the seas who could stop them, the Germans while presenting a possible threat would be taken care of when the time comes and the French had been soundly humbled. The Americans though were recently showing off something which made Parliament nervous. For the time since the Revolutionary War they had kept mostly to themselves evening having a civil war but there were reports of them trying to incite rebellion in the Spanish Caribbean, possibly they might turn their attention to Jamaica or the Leeward Islands and threaten Her Majesty's hold on the Caribbean. It also didn't help that they were attempting to make ironclads. For now they would keep a close eye on the US while reinforcing their hold on Africa.

Ironically, at this time the United States was looking forward to working with the British Empire. A diplomatic telegram arrived on July 1st, 1876, three days before the nation's centennial celebration.

The United States of America to Her Majesty Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

We wish long health and many years to Her Majesty the Queen and her gracious and merciful rule of the mighty British Empire.
The United States, in honor of the one years of independence between our nation and yours, would like to honor the ties between our people and our nations. In a first, due to our usual policy of isolationism, we would like to extend an invitation to a strategic partnership, by allowing Britain more favorable trade policies regarding American steel in exchange for the use of coaling stations in the Caribbean for the American fleet. We would also like to extend an invitation for the British Ambassador in Washington to attend the Centennial Celebration. We hope that this could be the beginning of something greater.

Sincerely,
Ulysses S. Grant
President of the United States of America

With this call for help from the Alanders Parliament has approved the deployment of a naval task force along with a regiment. The ship in question HMS Champion currently on a deployment in the Mediterranean shall make a quick stop at Cyprus picking up the newly formed Cyrpus Regiment and then will make it's way to the Black Sea.
If any neutral countries attempt to help the Russian Empire and get in the way of their mission this will be seen as a act of war and the Champion will fire upon without hesitation.

Also on other note HMS Black Prince the second ironclad in Her Majesty's service has been deployed to the Crown Colony of Jamaica as a show of force incase Spain or the US get any ideas. The ship and crew are expected to arrive in 3-4 days and will resupply in the Leeward Islands before completing her journey. There also been talk about a possible invasion of Cuba for security reasons. As for the invitation Her Majesty Victoria was delighted at receiving a letter from the President and a few members of Parliament were scolded for their paranoia. As such she herself had Parliament accept the strategic partnership between the two and working towards favorable trade policies with the US and has given her ambassador the choice of either attending the Centennial Celebration or having a early retirement. He chose the obvious choice.

Last edited by Ayshire on Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
MT/PT Nation
NS stats are not canon

-Pashtunistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Pashtunistan » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:17 am

Ayshire wrote:With this call for help from the Alanders Parliament has approved the deployment of a naval task force along with a regiment. The ship in question HMS Champion currently on a deployment in the Mediterranean shall make a quick stop at Cyprus picking up the newly formed Cyprus Regiment and then will make it's way to the Black Sea.

Also on other note HMS Black Prince the second ironclad in Her Majesty's service has been deployed to the Crown Colony of Jamaica as a show of force incase the US gets any ideas. The ship and crew are expected to arrive in 3-4 days and will resupply in the Leeward Islands before completing her journey. There also been talk about a possible invasion of Cuba for security reasons.

OOC: Damn it I need some friend against France.

IC: The Reichstag also sends a ship along to help the Aland revolters, The SMS Deutschland was sent along with the First Nassau Regiment. Although The German Empire initially seemed poised to help the Russians, It was felt Britain would be of greater help against a possible French invasion. Iron from Norway would also be helpful, which the mercantilist swedes would be happy to provide, If Germany helped them that is.
Last edited by -Pashtunistan on Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:21 am

Ayshire wrote:-snip-

OOC: I wrote "one" but meant "one hundred"

-Pashtunistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Pashtunistan » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:22 am

Santoak wrote:-snip-
The Imperial German Army is immediately mobilized and placed on stand-by, Nearly a quarter have been stationed in the Rhineland and Alsace-Lorraine
Last edited by -Pashtunistan on Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ayshire
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ayshire » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:26 am

OOC: Alright then
MT/PT Nation
NS stats are not canon

Ayshire
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ayshire » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:27 am

OOC: pash i'll write a post soon
MT/PT Nation
NS stats are not canon

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:33 am

Northern Seleucia wrote:
(Image)
A terrible sight to behold, but a blank canvas for a new future.

The terrible civil war in the United States had ended twelve years earlier. Reconstruction had gone into full swing, and the industrial might of the nation turned south to rebuild the destroyed nation. The nation was entering a new age - a new age beyond slavery and the divisions of the past, and moving to a new era. A gilded era. An era with economic prowess, religious revivals, and an expanding, resurgent America on the world stage. In the west, the American Indian Wars still raged, with American cavalry dominating the landscape against the Indian tribes.

In Europe and Asia, colonial empires were feeling ambitious. Nations, unable to colonize the Americas, were looking towards Africa and Southeast Asia for colonization. Lucrative trade routes fueled a new desire for more power, more land, and more money. Religious revivals worldwide fueled the desire to Christianize the natives, and vast resource deposits in central Africa led to leaders like Leopold II controlling the Congo.

It was only a matter of time before interests clashed.

In South Carolina Lawson Vincent James or as he preferred to call himself Vincent was sitting at his desk in the study of his old house. James was now 47 years old. James was in some ways a fish out of water in Southern society before and after the war. In 1856 he became heir to the James fortune. That year resulted in James doing the unthinkable, he had the slaves the James family owned, freed from bondage. Such a thing caused great controversy in pre war Southern society. However James had spent time in the North and joined abolitionist circles. He was blacklisted in society. In 1860 he wrote in Abraham Lincoln since Lincoln was not on the ballot and tried to do everything possible to prevent secession. In 1863 after years of harassment and an assassination attempt James defected to the North and published his pamphlet The Jamesianist Manifesto an outline of his beliefs and solutions to problems. After the war he returned home. And began advocating for civil rights and Reconstruction along the lines of Radical Republicanism. On this day in 1876 James was beginning to write about his views on the election of 1876.

An excerpt from his article:
The Founding Fathers smile over the United States on the centennial of the Revolution of 1776. Not only is this year the 100th anniversary of their valiant action of declaring us free from the scourge of colonialism but it is also an election year. The progress made in the South as we rise from the ruins of slavery must continue. Not only do we need to make sure our citizens are free but they must be equal. The Grant Administration despite it’s issues has helped the South rebuild and make sure it’s citizens are protected. However there is more that needs to be done for the South. We have to move on into the 19th century. The North has become industrialized and we need to follow their path. A new industrialized economy along with civil rights for all citizens will see a new south, truly free. We must elect someone who will see this vision become reality.
Last edited by The Jamesian Republic on Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Become an Independent. You’ll see how liberating it is.
My Political Beliefs: The Jamesianist Manifesto
General Theme
Special Theme

The Astral Mandate
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Astral Mandate » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:27 am

Ayshire wrote:With this call for help from the Alanders Parliament has approved the deployment of a naval task force along with a regiment. The ship in question HMS Champion currently on a deployment in the Mediterranean shall make a quick stop at Cyprus picking up the newly formed Cyrpus Regiment and then will make it's way to the Black Sea.

([url=https://i.ibb.co/wd2f533/image.png]Image)[/url]

The Great Aland War has begun.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents