NATION

PASSWORD

Sun, 26 Jul 2009: Progress is Good

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Indoslavokia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Ex-Nation

Sun, 26 Jul 2009: Progress is Good

Postby Indoslavokia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:20 pm

New custom fields! Reaching certain population levels now unlocks additional custom fields, allowing you to name your Capital City, National Leader, and National Religion.

What population levels do these require? I have 5 billion people and see nothing new.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Left-Leaning College State

Re: Sun, 26 Jul 2009: Progress is Good

Postby Todd McCloud » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 pm

None whatsoever at the 5 billion mark. They appear randomly for you. Just keep answering issues!
Last edited by Todd McCloud on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Indoslavokia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Indoslavokia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:None whatsoever at the 5 billion mark. They appear randomly for you. Just keep answering issues!

It says it requires population levels though. What are the population levels? And why do I need to answer issues? :eyebrow:

Todd McCloud
Senator

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:31 pm

Dunno exactly what the levels are - I'm not privileged to know. As for the answering issues, the more you answer (or dismiss), the more issues will have room to show up, as you can only have five unaddressed issues at one time.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Indoslavokia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Indoslavokia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:34 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:Dunno exactly what the levels are - I'm not privileged to know. As for the answering issues, the more you answer (or dismiss), the more issues will have room to show up, as you can only have five unaddressed issues at one time.

I know that, I am not new to the game. ( Hopefully that is obvious. :P ) I just don't understand what it has to do with anything.

Still waiting for an answer on the levels. :meh:

Wutaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Wutaco » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:36 pm

I think its 500 million.
You keep sending them, I'll keep knocking them down!

In response to a thread involing bringing back a Neandrathal:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:We should make one, then fuck it to see if we can interbreed.

More Quotes:
SexocraticLands wrote:I hope the fan kills the cat. And then the fan should kill Miley Cyrus.

Perhaps the fan could rig her jet so it crashes into the Jonas Brother's tour bus?

JuNii wrote:
The Norse Hordes wrote:Fuck PETA. Fuck Glenn Beck.

Ewww... do I reallly have to?

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm not sure myself, I'm at 7.76 b.

I still have none of those options, and, comically, checked about 2 minutes before I saw this thread because I, too, am impatient.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Wutaco wrote:I think its 500 million.

You didn't read what he said his pop. is, did you?

500 m is when you can customize your national description-thingy. (The official title, that's it!)
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Indoslavokia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Indoslavokia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Obviously not, since I am at over 500 million citizens on all my nations..

Der Teutoniker wrote:I'm not sure myself, I'm at 7.76 b.

I still have none of those options, and, comically, checked about 2 minutes before I saw this thread because I, too, am impatient.

Lol it figures. Maybe I will send in a query about it.

Wutaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Wutaco » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:41 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:

500 m is when you can customize your national description-thingy. (The official title, that's it!)

Oh, that was what I tough hes asking. I have no clue. Maybe 10 bil?
You keep sending them, I'll keep knocking them down!

In response to a thread involing bringing back a Neandrathal:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:We should make one, then fuck it to see if we can interbreed.

More Quotes:
SexocraticLands wrote:I hope the fan kills the cat. And then the fan should kill Miley Cyrus.

Perhaps the fan could rig her jet so it crashes into the Jonas Brother's tour bus?

JuNii wrote:
The Norse Hordes wrote:Fuck PETA. Fuck Glenn Beck.

Ewww... do I reallly have to?

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Wutaco wrote:Oh, that was what I tough hes asking. I have no clue. Maybe 10 bil?

Thats what she said! Whoa!

8)

Indoslavokia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Indoslavokia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Wutaco wrote:
Der Teutoniker wrote:

Oh, that was what I tough hes asking. I have no clue. Maybe 10 bil?

Let's ask Max!

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Indoslavokia wrote:Let's ask Max!

Well, what are you waiting for? :p

Indoslavokia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Indoslavokia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:56 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Indoslavokia wrote:Let's ask Max!

Well, what are you waiting for? :p

A way to do it, silly. I wonder if Max would answer in his e-mail?

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Indoslavokia wrote:A way to do it, silly. I wonder if Max would answer in his e-mail?

You haven't tried telepathy or prayer yet? :eyebrow:

Those are clearly the best ways to reach him... duh! 8)

Indoslavokia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Indoslavokia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:15 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Indoslavokia wrote:A way to do it, silly. I wonder if Max would answer in his e-mail?

You haven't tried telepathy or prayer yet? :eyebrow:

Those are clearly the best ways to reach him... duh! 8)

I only pray to myself and telepathy? I wish I just had a few million dollars so I could show up at his house and ask him directly. I bet that would sure surprise him. :rofl:

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Indoslavokia wrote:I bet that would sure surprise him. :rofl:

I bet it would.

Do you think he'd have the police called? ;)

Indoslavokia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Indoslavokia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Indoslavokia wrote:I bet that would sure surprise him. :rofl:

I bet it would.

Do you think he'd have the police called? ;)

Maybe, because I would invite everyone on NationStates to come with me - all expense paid. :lol:

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Indoslavokia wrote:Maybe, because I would invite everyone on NationStates to come with me - all expense paid. :lol:

Yeah, seems to increase the odds of him calling the police.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:48 am

Indoslavokia wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:Dunno exactly what the levels are - I'm not privileged to know. As for the answering issues, the more you answer (or dismiss), the more issues will have room to show up, as you can only have five unaddressed issues at one time.

I know that, I am not new to the game. ( Hopefully that is obvious. :P ) I just don't understand what it has to do with anything.

You only get each of those three customisation abilities when you get the relevant issues on those topics that Sirocco has recently written...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Spartzerina
Envoy

Founded: May 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Spartzerina » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:29 am

We know that a nation with 2.5 billion at least can get all three of the new fields (Capital, Leader, Religion); look at my nation to see.

There's also another nation in my region who has all three, and is just over 2 billion.

There's also another at 1.266 billion who has all three.

There's another in my region with only the capital city, at 1.265 billion

Then there's another with only a leader, with a population of 895 million.

There's another with only the capital city, at 668 million.

In conclusion, join my region. :p

Enough joking; looks like you can be a nation barely over 1 billion and still get all three; you either will receive the issues shortly, or have already gotten some and picked the wrong options.
The Council of Narnia - Our Forums
CoN Vice Chancellor
FRA Vice Chancellor
A male of the species Homo sapiens

Ledarre
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ledarre » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:22 am

I don't think population matters much. I had the capital city issue when my population reached about 250 million, so presumably the population limit is quite low for the issues.
The Murtunian Tribes wrote:
Ledarre wrote:I'm struggling to see the problem here. Just look at my nation, looks like a politically free nation, right? WRONG! The democratically elected parliament requires a unanimous vote to actually pass legalisation and with proportional representation and the number of extremists in parliament this is near impossible.

So the monarchy effectively rules by decree. I have achieved this through answering issues in a certain way... Unfortunately I can’t remember what those issues were. That plus a little bit of RP. Anyway my point is it’s easy to have moderate to high political freedoms and still have absolute power, you just have to be creative.

Huh. That's a rather unique and, I must say, deliciously evil approach. *golfclap*

Weylara
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Weylara » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:22 am

I may have a vague answer, but I've only had one of the issues. However, I have seen cases with other nation(s) about the leader issue, so..

These are two of the three levels that I think the possibility of getting the issue is unlocked. I don't actually think it gives you the issue the moment you reach the pop., just that it's added to the list of random issues....

Capital City: 400-500 million
Leader: 800+ million

Not sure on the religion one. Note: I could be wrong on this, so sorry if I am.

The chrisman union
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The chrisman union » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:57 pm

I should imagine they'd all be 500 million. That's when the custom title and issue submission unlocks.
Embassy
The Allied Nations of the Chrisman Union (ANCU)
Leader: President Christian Veldt
Armed forces: 900,000
Population: 340,000,000
Government type: Liberal Social Democracy
Shebu wrote: 9 out of 10 times when you have a Ak47 pointed at you, you pay attention.

North Defese wrote:If I had a nickle and the head of everyone who called me [Defense], I'd be rich, and thrown in prison for all the mutliated corpses strewn about my house.

Tunizcha wrote:Never get in a staring contest with a cat. Even if you win, you still lose, because you just spent 5 minutes staring at a cat.

Canadai wrote:In Canadai, the vertically impaired are treated as equal citizens, and given ladders by the government.

Niur wrote:Lets all just get brain transplants to shark bodies.
Defcon: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?