NATION

PASSWORD

Q&A with the Supreme Leader [MT, OPEN]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Sagrea
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 28, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Q&A with the Supreme Leader [MT, OPEN]

Postby Sagrea » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:49 pm

Q&A with Supreme Leader Brak Ilstva

The Department of Foreign Affairs has organized this time with the Supreme Leader of Sagrea to address the inquiries of international discussion. Please be aware that all conversation will be recorded by officials for information purposes. Other nations are permitted to do the same.

Brak Zdech Ilstva
Supreme Leader of the National State of Sagrea

OOC:
Please try and keep the questions IC. If you have a burning OOC question, you can TG me.

This post was inspired by the one Tangatarehua did a while ago, which is still open for those of you who are interested
(it's a really cool nation, I suggest you check them out if you haven't yet)
Last edited by Sagrea on Wed May 03, 2023 5:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
This post has been approved by the National Information Department
Overview | Our Great Leader | Ideology | Q&A
ONE NATION, ONE LEADER, ONE PEOPLE
Most of my factbooks are listed under "Dispatches" if you are unable to find them via link.

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:24 pm

welp, it's bumpin time
Most of my factbooks are listed under "Dispatches" if you are unable to find them via link.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:33 pm

What do you consider is the most important policy of your reign?
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:41 pm

Rhodevus wrote:What do you consider is the most important policy of your reign?

"The most important policy that I have followed is one of international relations. While I understand the reasons for my predecessors' isolation, Sagrea must involve itself in the national stage if it is to survive. We cannot ignore the world around us, or it will leave us behind, without our consideration. I have made several efforts to increase Sagrean relations with the international community, such as the creation of the National Media Department, and this time of discussion. I can only hope that Sagrea's relations continue to improve among other nations."
Last edited by Sagrea on Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Treyland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Treyland » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:45 pm

Has there ever been any attempts to overthrow you? If so, than is there any advice for non-dictatorial leaders on how not to get overthrown?

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:28 pm

New Treyland wrote:Has there ever been any attempts to overthrow you? If so, than is there any advice for non-dictatorial leaders on how not to get overthrown?

"Thankfully there has not been any levels of unrest from my administration. From what officials have observed, the Sagrean populous has a generally positive opinion of myself and my policies. As for advice to other leaders when dealing with possible unrest, this is heavily dependent on the extent of their governmental powers and the resources available to them, as well as the reason their opposition is willing to forcibly remove them. If the opposition is the populous, their unrest is likely due to a neglected ailment which you must not only address, but announce that you will address. It is just as important to convince the populous of your abilities as it is to utilize them. If the opposition is from an opposing political force, whether from inside or outside of the nation, this will likely have to be put down forcibly. In general, I recommend having a prosecutorial body to regulate officials and minimize corruption as a prevention method for these forms of government instability."

Washington-Columbia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Washington-Columbia » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:37 pm

Would you rather take your own life or embrace ethnic Diversity in Sagrea?

-Columbia Daily Journalist
CASCADIAN UNION
Merica and Canadeh's Social Democratic brother
Home to Deadpool, Batman and Jesse Pinkman
NS stats have been sleeping since smoking too much grass

CBC N5 Weekly News: Car chase involving terrorists after lawyer Julian Francisco in Apollo, all terrorists dead - Man kills Vegeta 3rd time this week - Worker strike in Dubai begins - Chinese Military Base in Sichuan raided, no casualty or changes reported
SHUT UP [names of neo-nazis], YOURE NOT AN SS OFFICER SENT TO DESTROY WOKE HEGIMONY, YOURE AN EDGY 14-YEAR-OLD WHO LIVES IN CHICAGO, IL
Barbie is an Allegory for Animal Farm. Kens (Animals) seize control over the Barbies (Humans) and Ryan Gosling seizes power himself (Napoleon the Pig) and keeps much of the status quo.
STRAIGHT CIS ALLY

Plewnidminster
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 17, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Plewnidminster » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:51 am

“How does your nation punish random attacks on women such as violent Incels or heterosexual rapists?”
- the Rt.Hon Paul C.O.Cuthbertson BSc RCM* MP

*Royal Constabulary Medal.
IC name: Lonidminster
Does not always represent my views
News:
- War hero and wife, the latter a Foot Guards officer’s daughter, murdered in their own home.
- Fenwicks conquer Munkchester.
- High numbers of terrorist attacks, increased murder and rape rates, lead to 60% support for death penalty.

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:39 am

Plewnidminster wrote:“How does your nation punish random attacks on women such as violent Incels or heterosexual rapists?”
- the Rt.Hon Paul C.O.Cuthbertson BSc RCM* MP

*Royal Constabulary Medal.

"Sagrea has several laws instated against physical and sexual harassment and abuse. These offenses are taken very seriously in Sagrean law, and we do have a sex offender registry to continuously monitor offenders. Those convicted will spend several years in a correctional facility, in which we have a variety of state-mandated programs to correct the convict's behavior and shape a more constructive mindset. While attacks on women from men are statistically more common, the crime and sentencing are the same regardless of the gender or sexuality of both the victim and convict. From what is understood of the nature of these attacks, it is less about the act itself and more about the abuse of power over another person. Sagrean enforcement and justice hope to correct as many cases as possible."

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:49 am

Washington-Columbia wrote:Would you rather take your own life or embrace ethnic Diversity in Sagrea?

-Columbia Daily Journalist

"I can assure you I do not have any issue with ethnic diversity. Anyone has the capacity to be Sagrean regardless of physical appearance or past origin. Sagrea in the past saw much immigration due to neighboring war, and have since assimilated into proud Sagrean families. Many of my neighbors were descended from immigrants. Anyone who is willing to give themselves fully for the betterment of the nation can be Sagrean."

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:50 am

"How does Sagrea, and Supreme Leader to be specific, see the Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth?"
-Josie "JoZy" Zyrus, Palmyrian Call of Duty esports player
Last edited by Palmyrion on Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:52 am

How is your government structured?
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:00 am

Palmyrion wrote:"How does Sagrea, and Supreme Leader to be specific, see the Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth?"
-Josie "JoZy" Zyrus, Palmyrian Call of Duty esports player

"The Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth seems to be doing quite well for itself as a prosperous nation. The current government seems to prioritize the wellbeing of its people through some government programs. I commend its staunch opposition to slavery, an issue which only seems to become more difficult to deal with, especially on an international scale. I find Palmyrian efforts to form collaborationist governments with struggling nations heartening, just as Sagrea does with our brother-country Yueqiu. While I can understand the caution given to systems with a more pronounced government role in economics, as any system has its risk of abuse, I would hope they come to a better understanding of its proper usage and benefits, especially considering the circumstances of their 'Dozen Giants'. Overall, I believe that the Palmyrian government is good-intentioned and competently run. I hope our nations can reach amicable relations in the future."

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:20 am

Rhodevus wrote:How is your government structured?

OOC: we have a factbook for this, should you wish for more information, but I will give you a small summary here. I also have a forum post I made going into depth about the government, if listening to more of my rambling is something you are up for.

"Sagrea is a unitary one-party state. We believe it is best to consolidate power into the hands of those most competent in running state functions to allow for quick and effective decisions. The Supreme Leader, currently myself, is to be the head of both state and government, while also the leader of the National Sagrean Party. My position is elected by the National Convocation, our legislative power. While this position can be filled by anyone who fits the criteria for Supreme Leader, the candidates are generally selected from high government positions, as they are most likely to have the capabilities to run the country. Going back to the National Convocation, this state organ is what passes legislation and interprets our constitution. Bills may be created by either them or the Executive Power, but only the Convocation can pass bills into law, ignoring the ability of executive decrees. We do have a State Court, but it is mostly to deal with the general conduct and precedent of legal cases, both criminal and civil. Under these exists a large array of ministries, departments, committees and other organizations under the government for the various functions of government services and security."

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:45 pm

once again, it's bumpin' time

Greater Marine
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Greater Marine » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:40 pm

"What is your country's worldview, by which I mean how does it view its role in the world, and how does it interact with other countries? And, if it's not too much of a bother, how does it view Greater Marine, and how does it wish to interact with it?" - Pete Samson, Eldorado Times journalist

By the way, really interesting factbooks.
Last edited by Greater Marine on Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Republic of Greater Marine
La Republique Marinienne|La Gran Republica Marina
United we stand, United we conquer
Radio Eldorado 1:
MNS Constitution to do combat patrols in Red Sea following Houthi Attacks| Greater Marine sends first F-16s to Ukraine |White Christmas in Greater Marine as snow falls in Eldorado |Jameson reiterates call for ceasefire in Gaza war, says “this is no time for war. It is a time for diplomacy.” |BREAKING: Astronaut Jessica Alvarado becomes first Marinian on lunar surface| Greater Marine and ISO launch manned moon landing| ISO founded by Greater Marine and CSL| Greater Marine evacuating citizens of Shieldstan due to nuclear launch fear| President puts nuclear forces on standby|
Factbooks |Embassies |International Declaration on Human Rights

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:21 pm

Greater Marine wrote:"What is your country's worldview, by which I mean how does it view its role in the world, and how does it interact with other countries? And, if it's not too much of a bother, how does it view Greater Marine, and how does it wish to interact with it?" - Pete Samson, Eldorado Times journalist

"For much of Sagrea's history, it thrived from it's own policies and customs. After facing a period of annexation, it solidified our stance of self-determination for nations around the world. Our rebirth as a nation was to fight for our right to live as we wish. In this sense, Sagrea has traditionally followed great isolationist policies, and has not taken great focus on its international role. However, we now understand that times have changed, and in a world so interconnected, now than ever before, we have to be more involved in the international stage, lest we be forgotten and left behind. If I were to classify Sagrea in its current state, I would say it is an emerging state, growing from a regional power to a notable world force. Sagrean foreign policy usually lies in growing reputable allies and partners, which have proven stable and strong.

As for Greater Marine, Sagrean foreign policy would probably conduct business as it generally would with democracies, which tend to ere on the side of caution when interacting with us. While I see no malice or ill-intent from those on office, I do believe they can do much more if the government is more active in ensuring proper access to necessities for its citizens, especially since the current government has made some smaller steps in this direction. I wish for good relations between the Marinians and our people."

OOC: I'm glad you like my factbooks! I still have a lot to finish writing, but I'm quite happy with what I have so far.

Alternate Garza
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Alternate Garza » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:31 pm

Question: What is your favorite sport and what is your opinion of bullfighting?
There need to be more choices than "I'm a Republican out to utterly ruin the working class" and "I'm a Democrat, also out to ruin the working class, but in rainbow font." - me
The Lincoln War Department used to prosecute war profiteers. Now they make public policy through their elected lackeys in Congress and the White House.

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:01 pm

Alternate Garza wrote:Question: What is your favorite sport and what is your opinion of bullfighting?

"Well, growing up, I practiced gesabo, which is traditional Sagrean martial arts. I even practice it a bit today, it helps keep me physically fit in my growing age. Football is also quite entertaining. Our national team had recently competed a while ago. As for bullfighting, it's certainly a practice that would only be done by those extremely skilled, who are fully aware of the risks and have properly prepared for injury or miscalculation. Many sports have inherent risk when you have to physically strain yourself, but involving an entire other animal changes the situation and greatly increases its unpredictability. Definitely not a sport to take lightly for the safety of both the bullfighters and the bulls."

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:01 pm

How does your government prevent corruption within its ranks? Is corruption a current problem in Sagrea?
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:29 am

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:How does your government prevent corruption within its ranks? Is corruption a current problem in Sagrea?

"Sagrea has a National Supervisory Commission, a legal organ specifically for anti-corruption purposes in government. It was founded by our second Supreme Leader, Kresl Praltuk, back in 1948. The Commission is given more liberties for this, but it is a precarious balance to correctly level its autonomy. Despite criticism from more 'liberal' nations and media, due to our established authoritarian government, corruption is not taken lightly here. The State takes great priority in ensuring that those with any level of authority use it solely for the benefit of the State, just as everyone else is expected to do. Self-serving agendas are not tolerated in Sagrea."

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:43 am

Who is the racial majority/minorities in Sagrea? Is there a history of ethnic/racial tension in Sagrea?
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:17 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:Who is the racial majority/minorities in Sagrea? Is there a history of ethnic/racial tension in Sagrea?

"Sagrea is largely a homogenous population of ethnic Sagrean people, due to its largely isolationist history and our regulated borders. However, there are a few notable minorities that exist within our nation. The largest group is the Yueqiuan people, who have only arrived quite recently after we had sent aid to Yueqiu and began collaborative efforts between our governments. Many have been permitted temporary stay due to agreements for rebuilding Yueqiu, including allowing foreign students to increase the fully educated population and share our knowledge with them. There are other groups, but much much smaller, only collectively making just under 1% of the population.

While racial tensions aren't an issue, many immigrants, tourists, and even foreign diplomatic officials have lamented on having difficulty adjusting to Sagrean culture and way of life, likely a stark contrast from their own culture. This is why part of Sagrean immigration processing involves acclimation programs to aid in adjustment to Sagrean living. Tourism is more precarious, but we state direct policies and consequences to ensure a better experience for tourists and locals."

The Qu Empire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 03, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby The Qu Empire » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:19 pm

How did you become leader?
If you’ve read all tomorrows you already know what this nation is.

Giant Galactic Alien Empire that wants to take over the universe and will use any means necessary to do so.

IC Flag
Qu News - Rumors of small groups of Aestermorphs still left in asteroids surface around, military goes on quest to make sure these rumors are not true - Assasin try’s to kill emperor Kvrtzibg the 17th, is sent to become a Colonial

Sagrea
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sagrea » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:35 pm

The Qu Empire wrote:How did you become leader?

"I was appointed Supreme Leader in 2010 by majority vote of the National Convocation. Prior to that, I was actually a respected administrator for organizing the construction of public works, since my original profession was civil engineering. However, my superiors found my administration capabilities better used elsewhere, and I became governor of the Kratr district for a time to show my adequacy in political management. For an even briefer period following, I was assigned to the National Supervisory Commission, and from there I was made a considerable candidate for Supreme Leader. I am honored and privileged that I am able to serve Sagrea at the heart of its function, and I will continue to ensure that I am still worthy to do so."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information