NATION

PASSWORD

Langston: A New Era

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Ulie Lile Islands
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Langston: A New Era

Postby Ulie Lile Islands » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:11 pm

Langston

Langston is an emerging, newly-founded region hoping to promote democratic ideals on the world stage. Founded by Maluhia (Lile Ulie Islands) in 2022, the region is vying to set its mark in the NationStates metaverse.

While Langston may be in the early, development stages of regionbuilding*, there are vast aspirations for the future. We hope to establish an active political atmosphere with a defense force and other engaging political discourse in the Legislature, our regional legislative authority. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs runs this thread so please contact the current Minister for any questions.

If you wish to establish a formal embassy or consulate with Langston, please head over to our forums and apply for one in the Embassies and Consulates category.

More to come in the future for below but as of right now, hi! :)

*: still working on some important founding documents and the forums as of right now
Last edited by Ulie Lile Islands on Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ulie Lile Islands
Founder of Langston

join langston :)

Puppet account of Lile Ulie Islands.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:10 am

I quite honestly thought your main nation founded Langstan!

...is that actually the regional flag or just a placeholder headline image?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Serdequre
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Serdequre » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:21 am

Good luck building your region!

Ulie Lile Islands
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulie Lile Islands » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:26 am

Tinhampton wrote:I quite honestly thought your main nation founded Langstan!

...is that actually the regional flag or just a placeholder headline image?

I know, it's honestly quite confusing! I made this account back in August for a cultural project for the South Pacific but it is no longer active so I use this for a bevy of different purposes.

Regarding the flag, it's simply a placeholder image for now until we formally develop an official flag or seal.

Serdequre wrote:Good luck building your region!

Thanks!
Last edited by Ulie Lile Islands on Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ulie Lile Islands
Founder of Langston

The Hurricane
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 02, 2022
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Hurricane » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:10 pm

Pretty cool region.

Ulie Lile Islands
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulie Lile Islands » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:57 am

The Hurricane wrote:Pretty cool region.

Thanks!
Ulie Lile Islands
Founder of Langston

Camp Hebron
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Camp Hebron » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:29 am

Good luck with this! May look into opening relations later on between our regions (depending on how things go with our elections and later the agendas).
Professional goober.

Proprietor of nuclear fusion technology,
Expeditionary Governor and Hand of Dodson.
Rightful governor of all lands snowy.

Ulie Lile Islands
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulie Lile Islands » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:07 pm

Camp Hebron wrote:Good luck with this! May look into opening relations later on between our regions (depending on how things go with our elections and later the agendas).

Sounds cool! I look forward to extending relations between Langston and Kantrias in the near future.
Ulie Lile Islands
Founder of Langston

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:18 pm

Good luck!
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Ulie Lile Islands
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulie Lile Islands » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:19 pm

Thanks to all who have wished good luck!

Also, the Treaty of Friendship was just ratified by the Legislature officially putting into law. We are excited to become allies of The Great Storm, hoping to push democratic ideals out into the metaverse through defense and liberating operations and an official embassy.
Ulie Lile Islands
Founder of Langston

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:32 pm

Why would TGS jump into a treatied relationship with a new region that - as of time of ratification - has little other than LUI's puppet going for it?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Improper Classifications
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Improper Classifications » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:34 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Why would TGS jump into a treatied relationship with a new region that - as of time of ratification - has little other than LUI's puppet going for it?

The Hurricane jumps on new regions faster than you jumping on a WA proposal idea.
Former Acolyte of Malice
Founder and Champion of Voidcall, Conqueror of Majesty and Pentarchs.
Legally proscribed in The South Pacific under On Concord.
The Imperial Federation of Improper Classifications

Lile Ulie Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Lile Ulie Islands » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:39 am

Tinhampton wrote:Why would TGS jump into a treatied relationship with a new region that - as of time of ratification - has little other than LUI's puppet going for it?

Logged into the wrong account but I’ll answer your question.

TGS and Langston are eager to work together. Langston is forming a defense force (that, for the record, I will have no association with the army). TGS and Langston want to work on a few liberating and defense missions in the new year and a treaty is the perfect way for us to get started.

Astrobolt
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Astrobolt » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:45 pm

Lile Ulie Islands wrote:

Logged into the wrong account but I’ll answer your question.

TGS and Langston are eager to work together. Langston is forming a defense force (that, for the record, I will have no association with the army). TGS and Langston want to work on a few liberating and defense missions in the new year and a treaty is the perfect way for us to get started.

I’m glad TGS is seeming to move to defending now, given that one of their most prominent members is a very prolific refounder.
Last edited by Astrobolt on Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
Ambassador to the WA: Mr. Reede Tappe

TITO Tactical Officer

For a detailed list of positions, and other things of note, click here.

Ulie Lile Islands
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulie Lile Islands » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:09 pm

The Treaty of Friendship is in the midst of being repealed by the Legislature of Langston.
Ulie Lile Islands
Founder of Langston

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:14 pm

Ulie Lile Islands wrote:The Treaty of Friendship is in the midst of being repealed by the Legislature of Langston.

I've asked why you agreed it and now I'm gonna ask why you're unagreeing it :P

Ulie Lile Islands
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulie Lile Islands » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:17 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Ulie Lile Islands wrote:The Treaty of Friendship is in the midst of being repealed by the Legislature of Langston.

I've asked why you agreed it and now I'm gonna ask why you're unagreeing it :P

Well now it has just been repealed :p

Some "internal" reasons prompted the repeal.
Ulie Lile Islands
Founder of Langston

Improper-Ostavian Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 30, 2022
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Improper-Ostavian Republic » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:20 pm

Ulie Lile Islands wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:I've asked why you agreed it and now I'm gonna ask why you're unagreeing it :P

Well now it has just been repealed :p

-clears throat-
As TGS Minister of Foreign Affairs I must ask in more detail why the Treaty, signed less than three days ago, is suddenly now being repealed.

Ulie Lile Islands
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulie Lile Islands » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:23 pm

Improper-Ostavian Republic wrote:
Ulie Lile Islands wrote:Well now it has just been repealed :p

-clears throat-
As TGS Minister of Foreign Affairs I must ask in more detail why the Treaty, signed less than three days ago, is suddenly now being repealed.

As I said, internal reasons prompted the repeal. We aren't too satisfied with some of the actions of The Great Storm and The Hurricane in other regions. The repeal doesn't mean that relations are over -- it just means that there won't be an embassy.
Ulie Lile Islands
Founder of Langston

Improper-Ostavian Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 30, 2022
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Improper-Ostavian Republic » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:30 pm

Ulie Lile Islands wrote:
Improper-Ostavian Republic wrote:-clears throat-

As I said, internal reasons prompted the repeal. We aren't too satisfied with some of the actions of The Great Storm and The Hurricane in other regions. The repeal doesn't mean that relations are over -- it just means that there won't be an embassy.

I assume you're referring to the operations in Philippines and Warzone Airspace?

The Hurricane
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Hurricane » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:33 pm

The reason is:

The founder used to be a member of Port Elizabeth, Amethyst at the time burned it 2 times over 100 days ago, and now the founders angry at me and now i'm sad. :(
Last edited by The Hurricane on Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lile Ulie Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Lile Ulie Islands » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:38 pm

The Hurricane wrote:The reason is:

The founder used to be a member of Port Elizabeth, Amethyst at the time burned it 2 times over 100 days ago, and now the founders angry at me and now i'm sad. :(

I can confirm that this is not the reason.

The Hurricane
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Hurricane » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:42 pm

Lile Ulie Islands wrote:

You TG'd me saying "Do you know about Port Elizabeth?".

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:13 pm

Lile Ulie Islands wrote:

*pokes head in*

What is the reason?
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Free Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Algerstonia » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:15 pm

i am so sorry this happened to you
Z

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay