NATION

PASSWORD

Harry and Meghan Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Harry and Meghan Discussion Thread

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:13 am

So we're about 1/5 of the way through the decade, and so far, the biggest stories of the period have been, a massive, fricken global pandemic, the war in Ukraine, tensions between China and Taiwan, the recession and economic crisis caused partially by the two former events, massive natural disasters and amongst all that, two incredibly wealthy people who are part of a family that reigns over a significant proportion of the world attracting as much attention as possible to complain about oppressed they are and how much they hate public attention.

In case you haven't realised, I am talking about (former) Prince Harry (UK) and Meghan Markle.

If you ask me, the whole thing is getting ridiculous. From ludicrous assertions that the term "Megxit" is sexist to sitting and whinging about how oppressed they are is getting ridiculous. Didn't they claim to have left the royal family to avoid having a public life? And now, they won't stay out of the bloody spotlight, no matter how much we want them too. On the other hand, I also do feel sorry for Harry. I feel that he's really under the thumb and he's too afraid to stand up to Meghan.

Then you have the dumbest take of them all, the Netflix show, "The Prince" which shows Harry as so out of touch with reality that he doesn't even know what a refrigerator is. I mean, for goodness sake, the guy fought as a soldier on the front lines in Afghanistan, that's more in touch with reality than the idiots sitting in a board room writing this crap.

Anyways, I don't really know what else to say about Harry and Meghan. So, let's discuss them
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Hyperborean Louis Bloom
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperborean Louis Bloom » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:16 am

The part where they tried to paint Brexit voters as racist rubbed me the wrong way.
"Have you ever had a moment online, when your intense need to explode with rage at someone has outweighed your terrible fear of being banned?"

Yuvaslavia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 26, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yuvaslavia » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:18 am

I think that if they really wanted to , in a way , cut ties with Buckingham Palace , they should actually stop bringing press and public pressure on the royal family.Seriously every week there is something new said by them either or camera or somewhere else about the royal family which most of the time paints them in a bad light.
Last edited by Yuvaslavia on Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
A transcontinental country spanning from the Adriatic sea to the Caspian Sea and the Sudan border.A Christian Republic with its capital , Konstantinopal and its most iconic church , the Hagia Sofia.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:39 am

I think she is a stuck up useless idiot. She should change her name to Karen.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:13 am

Hyperborean Louis Bloom wrote:The part where they tried to paint Brexit voters as racist rubbed me the wrong way.

Already grounds to not take her seriously

Yuvaslavia wrote:I think that if they really wanted to , in a way , cut ties with Buckingham Palace , they should actually stop bringing press and public pressure on the royal family.Seriously every week there is something new said by them either or camera or somewhere else about the royal family which most of the time paints them in a bad light.

I agree. I mean, the reason why she claims to have left the royal family was because of how difficult it is being in it, so given that, why would she actively go out of her way to make it even more difficult for them? Especially now, considering that they have to deal with Charles being the first new monarch in decades, AND the whole ongoing Prince Andrew saga. She said she wanted to fuck off out of that life, so good, fuck off out of that life and leave them alone. I'm pretty sure that Harry is too afraid to say anything to her, and I honestly don't know why

Ethel mermania wrote:I think she is a stuck up useless idiot. She should change her name to Karen.

I think she might have a mental illness of some sorts. I mean, surely it's not all motivated by money. Is it?
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:16 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Hyperborean Louis Bloom wrote:The part where they tried to paint Brexit voters as racist rubbed me the wrong way.

Already grounds to not take her seriously

Yuvaslavia wrote:I think that if they really wanted to , in a way , cut ties with Buckingham Palace , they should actually stop bringing press and public pressure on the royal family.Seriously every week there is something new said by them either or camera or somewhere else about the royal family which most of the time paints them in a bad light.

I agree. I mean, the reason why she claims to have left the royal family was because of how difficult it is being in it, so given that, why would she actively go out of her way to make it even more difficult for them? Especially now, considering that they have to deal with Charles being the first new monarch in decades, AND the whole ongoing Prince Andrew saga. She said she wanted to fuck off out of that life, so good, fuck off out of that life and leave them alone. I'm pretty sure that Harry is too afraid to say anything to her, and I honestly don't know why

Ethel mermania wrote:I think she is a stuck up useless idiot. She should change her name to Karen.

I think she might have a mental illness of some sorts. I mean, surely it's not all motivated by money. Is it?

Stupidity and an over extended sense of self importance.

. Wondering about their kids skin color isn't racism. Treating the kid differently for being a different color is. A distinction ms Markle is incapable of making

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:21 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Already grounds to not take her seriously

Stupidity and an over extended sense of self importance.

Well in that case, "Ginger and Whinger" is an apt nickname

. Wondering about their kids skin color isn't racism. Treating the kid differently for being a different color is. A distinction ms Markle is incapable of making

At this point, she would probably think it's racist to choose a vanilla donut over chocolate

Yuvaslavia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 26, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yuvaslavia » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:01 am

I don't know much about the British monarchy but does their children qualify as prince and princesses since they have decided to cut ties with the Windsor family.
A transcontinental country spanning from the Adriatic sea to the Caspian Sea and the Sudan border.A Christian Republic with its capital , Konstantinopal and its most iconic church , the Hagia Sofia.

Denoidumbutoniurucwivobrs
Envoy

Founded: Mar 29, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Denoidumbutoniurucwivobrs » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:30 am

Why do people even care about Harry and Meghan? Just let them be. I hate that tabloids won't leave them alone.
I dont really post, im mostly just watching threads.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:33 am

And why is it so important that the royal family only be portrayed in a positive light?

Remember that the UK doesn’t have a Lèse-majesté law on the books.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

El Lazaro
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 19, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby El Lazaro » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:21 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Ludacris assertions that the term "Megxit" is sexist

I try not to read British tabloids and am not up to date on any of this, but what does Ludacris have to do with them?

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:00 am

"they won't stay out of the public spotlight"
literally the only time i hear about them is when someone that cares way too much about the royal family is complaining about them
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Oateria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2021

Postby Oateria » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:02 am

El Lazaro wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Ludacris assertions that the term "Megxit" is sexist

I try not to read British tabloids and am not up to date on any of this, but what does Ludacris have to do with them?

He's coming for that number one spot.
18 y/o Christian Liberal yinzer who likes video games, writing, and baseball.

Senatorial Badger Republic of Oateria
Proud liberal democratic republic, loves badgers, baseball, burgers, freedom. Very famous for its cultural and computer hardware/software exports.

Hyperborean Louis Bloom
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperborean Louis Bloom » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:08 am

Necroghastia wrote:"they won't stay out of the public spotlight"
literally the only time i hear about them is when someone that cares way too much about the royal family is complaining about them

They just released a "tell-all" documentary on Netflix.
"Have you ever had a moment online, when your intense need to explode with rage at someone has outweighed your terrible fear of being banned?"

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:09 am

And wasn’t Harry’s big first complaint that the press were hounding Meghan the same way they did with Diana?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:28 am

Maybe. Still after that racist Lady was outed. There are still others.

Though for all the “we are done with the Royalty and want to be left alone talk”. Here they are…..
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:34 am

The Black Forrest wrote:

Maybe. Still after that racist Lady was outed. There are still others.

Though for all the “we are done with the Royalty and want to be left alone talk”. Here they are…..

That wasn't directed at Megan. She was long gone when lady whoever talked down to ngozi fulani. She was very quickly let go.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Platoon of Peace
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Platoon of Peace » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:36 am

This is just an immensely stupid situation. They royals are acting out of line at times, but if Meghan and Harry really wanted to leave this all behind, then why do they keep doing interviews and shows and whatnot?
Daily smartman things occasionally.

So like you know when you walk into an debate thinking you're gonna beat this guys ass verbally and then walk out realising you're an idiot? Yeah that'd never be me.
human of the american male variety
Would be a republican if trump didn't feel like existing and being himself, now tends to be more of a democrat-centrist dude
maaaybe bi? IDK I'll figure it out at some point.
catholic. god imagine being catholic it would suck so much
pro: actual news, lgbtq rights, catholic church

THANKS TO YOUR [Total Jackass stunts] I HAVE [Becomed] [insert mood here].

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:57 am

Denoidumbutoniurucwivobrs wrote:Why do people even care about Harry and Meghan? Just let them be. I hate that tabloids won't leave them alone.

Literally the only time anyone talks about them is when they actively thrust themselves into the spotlight (or at least that's what I've seen. Correct me if I'm wrong)

Vassenor wrote:

And why is it so important that the royal family only be portrayed in a positive light?

Remember that the UK doesn’t have a Lèse-majesté law on the books.

They royal family are absolutely subject to criticism. However, this is a very different situation. First of all, it's not outsiders criticising them, it's insiders airing their dirty laundry, which would be a different situation all together if were palace staff. I mean, imagine if Joe Biden's own daughter started airing his dirty laundry. Secondly, they specifically said they wanted nothing to do with the royals, so why are they then spending much time airing their dirty laundry? I mean, I could go around criticising Australian prime minister Anthony Albenese all I like, however, that's a very different situation to if he had a daughter (and I chose daughter, because as far as I know, he doesn't have one), however, that's a very different situation to if his daughter, who claimed she wants nothing to do with him, then coming out and releasing a book about how often he uses the toilet. I know staunch, staunch republicans who think that Meghan is taking things too far

Few people if any were talking about them over the past few months, until they decided to release their tell all series on Netflix. They went out of their way to grab attention for themselves. Now they have that attention. You can't then ask why everyone is giving them so much attention.
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:03 pm

Platoon of Peace wrote:This is just an immensely stupid situation. They royals are acting out of line at times, but if Meghan and Harry really wanted to leave this all behind, then why do they keep doing interviews and shows and whatnot?

It pays well.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:11 pm

Vassenor wrote:

And wasn’t Harry’s big first complaint that the press were hounding Meghan the same way they did with Diana?

Back when she was in the royal family, the way the press treated her was absolutely disgusting and inexcusable. But that's hardly the fault of the royal family

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:22 pm

My aunt sent me pears from them. Pretty great
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:30 pm

You don't want to hear about them, don't make a thread about them. You're the one "thrusting them into the spotlight" here.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:41 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Back when she was in the royal family, the way the press treated her was absolutely disgusting and inexcusable. But that's hardly the fault of the royal family

OK, so why should they be prevented from talking about her treatment by the family and household?

Reminder that this is an establishment that was recently in hot water because of a notable person within it who refused to believe a black woman could be British and repeatedly pressed her to admit where she “really came from”.
Last edited by Vassenor on Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:44 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Back when she was in the royal family, the way the press treated her was absolutely disgusting and inexcusable. But that's hardly the fault of the royal family

OK, so why should they be prevented from talking about her treatment by the family and household?

Reminder that this is an establishment that was recently in hot water because of a notable person within it who refused to believe a black woman could be British and repeatedly pressed her to admit where she “really came from”.

When did that happen?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General