NATION

PASSWORD

How is market value calculated

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Puldania
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

How is market value calculated

Postby Puldania » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:54 am

I'd like to know how it's calculated. Is the algorithm publicly available?
Learn Puldanian: https://www.memrise.com/course/1603336/puldanian/
Instrumental Art Rock Album: https://soundcloud.com/enrique-poveda-8 ... l-releases
Join the International Northwestern Union, the largest Sh!tpost based economy on NS.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:23 am

As I understand it, it's a simple rolling average of the last 10 sales. It specifically excludes gifts and sales to yourself. There's also some sort of rounding algorithm involved, as all the top cards over 5.00 have values in 0.50 increments.

Of A Person
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Of A Person » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:48 pm

I also think it doesn't count any sales that were less than its junk value.
If you want to join nations that have been neglected in their region and who don't seem to have a voice, come here... to the underground!

Of The Underground

The 2nd Facepunch Republic
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 24, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby The 2nd Facepunch Republic » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:22 pm

There's a new system of calculating market value so does anyone know how it works?
Last edited by The 2nd Facepunch Republic on Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why am I even here?

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Riemstagrad » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:06 pm

Nobody knows it yet but there are some theories out in the wild:

- Market value calculation starts from 12 trades (5 before)
- Market value is calculated from an unknown total number of previous trades (10 before)
- There is a theory that MV is a median (avarage before)
- There is a theory that unique different buyers are weighted different
- there really are a lot more ideas and possible unknown factors out there.

Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby The 2nd Facepunch Republic » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:59 pm

You can remove the median theory because my card has been sold many times over it's junk price and it's market value is still 0.05. (My card is uncommon.)
Why am I even here?

Il Sonno della Ragione Genera Mostri
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Il Sonno della Ragione Genera Mostri » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:02 pm

The 2nd Facepunch Republic wrote:You can remove the median theory because my card has been sold many times over it's junk price and it's market value is still 0.05. (My card is uncommon.)

Four times are not many times: even before the update, the card value started to change after the 5th trade. And it stabilized after 10 trades (with a price).
I think after another trade of 0.90 the value could raise to 0.60 - 0.70. At least it worket in this way before the update. Maybe now it requires even more trades.
Last edited by Il Sonno della Ragione Genera Mostri on Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby The 2nd Facepunch Republic » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:06 pm

Il Sonno della Ragione Genera Mostri wrote:
The 2nd Facepunch Republic wrote:You can remove the median theory because my card has been sold many times over it's junk price and it's market value is still 0.05. (My card is uncommon.)

Four times are not many times: even before the update, the card value started to change after the 5th trade. And it stabilized after 10 trades (with a price).
I think after another trade of 0.90 the value could raise to 0.60 - 0.70. At least it worket in this way before the update. Maybe now it requires even more trades.

Maybe I should inflate my card by trading it with my puppets.
Why am I even here?

Maogs
Attaché

Founded: Nov 22, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Maogs » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:16 am

Why is this on the front page
certified GEMERALD card collecting all day!!!!!!!

Sweden 2022 RP
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 17, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Sweden 2022 RP » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:17 am

Don’t gravedig, guys
Puppet of Astarter

Shogunate Tamriel
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogunate Tamriel » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:47 am

Well, I was able to rise the MV from .05 to 1,50 of my card via some trades with 1,50 Bank and 3x 8,50. Now I'm trying with 5x 5,00 over a certain time to inflate the MV of my S3 card to hopefully 3,00 or better, 5,00.

The gamechangers was probably the 2nd or 3rd 8,50 Bank buy from me for my own S3 card.

E: Since the 3nd or 3rd 8,50 Bank buy from me also maked the 10th buy in general, I think the most used Bank value price for buying determiners how valuable a card as Estimated MV is. So... 10x a card for 10000 would technically rise the MV to something in direction of over 1000 for sure. So the 2nd post in this topic is atleast for S3 cards still valid.
Last edited by Shogunate Tamriel on Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightmare: 「Du wolltest doch eine Signatur, oder? Hier ist sie, auch wenn ich selbst nicht wirklich glücklich bin, ausgewählt worden zu sein. Lieber will ich Soul Edge mit Seelen füttern, als hier mein Dasein zu fristen, Liu-Lia...」

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards