NATION

PASSWORD

Ocean Defence Pact (IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
New Georgia and the North Pacific
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 30, 2022
Ex-Nation

Ocean Defence Pact (IC)

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:13 pm

The Ocean Defence Pact is an alliance dedicated for military defense of its member states. It is a collective group of nations for prosperity and peace. It also has an arm for economics.

Requirements: Must not be a full member of any military/political organization. This is an issue regarding loyalty and your set of duty. Being a full member of another organization means you also have other obligations that are not within this alliance. This would create a conflict of interest, and functions within the charter cannot be followed. Putting other obligations of other alliances stand in direct contrast to our mission statement. If you cannot adhere to this guideline, consider your nation to be kicked out of the Pact, or get your admission denied. All nations allowed except Gonswanza and South Ameriwhatshisname.

Treaties involved: International Defense Shield Force
United Alliance of Nations
Earth Alliance Organization
Defense Enforcement Alliance
Coalition of Trade, Diplomacy and Democracy
International Treaty Organization of Free Nations
International Alliance For Democracy
Angelical Cross Organization

Liberty and Democracy Branch:

Unified Defense Alliance
International Consortium of Democratic Nations
Global Alliance of Democratic Nations
Global Treaty Alliance (North Atlantic Treaty Organization Spin-off)

Military Affairs Branch:

International Defense Shield Force
Collective Pact
Unified Defense Alliance
League of Sovereign States (League of Independent States)

Unity and Stability Branch:

Foreign Affairs Branch:

Joint Colonial Affairs Branch:

Colonial Unity Alliance (Colonial Union for Security and Preservation Spin-off)
Unified Defense Alliance
Anti-Communist International

Executive Council, with Veto that can be overrided by a two-thirds Majority of lower members:
New Georgia and the North Pacific (Chief Foreign Lead)
Southeast Marajarbia
Ozeanreisende
Imperial Fiji

Members:
Furilisca

General Assembly:
Rio Grande River Basin
Confederation of 10000 islands
The Guangzhou Federation
Greater Taipei Conglomerate

(OOC) they used to be my puppets, then expired.

Constitution

Alliance Governance (Articles 1-4):

I) The ODP shall be governed through two chambers, the Central Assembly and the Executive Committee.

II) The Central Assembly goals are to draft, debate, and vote on laws, resolutions, and other bills. It is highly encouraged that the representatives within the Legislative Assembly at least make their proposals reach the second draft before it goes to vote. A 50% Majority is required to pass legislation. If the Executive Committee sends it back, a 66% majority can override a veto

III) The Executive Committee shall be a body of founding nations, and randomly selected smaller nations. A majority is required to pass legislation, although each founding nation has a veto.

IV) A group of bureaucrats, led by the Secretary General and the Council of Deputies will run basic operations.

Expansion (Articles 5-8):

V) Alliances that wish to join the ODP will be determined by a worth-based system, in which a thorough analysis of certain alliances will have to be made to determine whether or not it can join the ODP. The alliances which are accepted will be merged into the ODP into one of the determined branches.

VI) An Alliance Acquisition Manager will be appointed by the Council of Deputies. The job of the AAM is to seek out alliances large or small, determine if the alliance is worthy of joining the ODP.

VII) Alliances that submit applications to the ODP, regardless of size, popularity, or history, will be reviewed by the AAM, who will report back to the Executive Committee, which will vote on allowing aforementioned alliance into the ODP.

VIII) For certain, more specific alliances, the ODP will likely ally with them through diplomatic relations and mutual ambassadorship programs. A merger might be pushed if the alliance dies out due to either founder/leadership inactivity, too much infighting, or in the case of a collapse through bureaucracy. This will be done solely to prevent a friendly alliance from dying out in the long term, depending on how the alliance has done by the ODP or the members of the Executive Committee.

Economics ( Articles 9-11):

IX) The ODP shall have a mutual free trade policy as a benefit of signing up. This free trade policy will not only encourage economic growth, but will also assist in establishing new trade routes with members large and small.

X) The Council of Deputies shall appoint a leader for the Department of Labor, which will be in charge of providing a variety of jobs to the people of member states, while also fighting against the evils of slavery, protecting trade routes, and ensuring economic prosperity.

XI) The ODP shall have an alliance currency. This program is optional, but official alliance colonies, overseas territories, and those deemed protectorates will be required to use it as the official currency. This currency will be the “Oceanic Common Dollar” also known as OceanCoin.

Army (Articles 12-13):

XII) The Army of the ODP will be made primarily of donated troops, with the minimum of troops required being 7,000. The maximum is unlimited, but there will be exceptions for small countries that join. If any member is attacked, all members and the army of the ODP are obliged to assist.

XIII) A peacekeeping force will also exist, primarily to provide humanitarian aid. A minimum of 3,000 troops per member state are required to be donated to the peacekeeping force. The peacekeeping force will only be there to protect refugees, and are free to act in self defense during wars.

Rivalries and Hostile Parties (Articles 14-17):

XIV) Any hostile parties within the ODP are subject to punishments under international laws depending on the hostile acts committed. If a party attempts to destroy the ODP by power grabbing, they can be subject to expulsion and/or heavy sanctioning efforts.

XV) Should any hostile party leave the ODP and form an alliance that is hostile to the ODP in any way, shape, or form, it will be left up to the Executive Committee to decide on whether or not the hostile party should be recognized as a hostile party. Depending on the council’s decision, which will be determined via majority vote, actions against outside hostile parties may be taken.

XVI) Major rivals that the ODP recognizes will be the leaders of hostile outside parties which try to commit to harming the ODP and its lifespan. Examples of major nations include leaders and large contributors to hostile parties, such as the Mereticans during the UDAF and UCA eras.

XVII) Minor rivals are usually the members of hostile outside parties, which excludes the founding nations, large contributors, and/or current leadership of any party hostile to the ODP. This can also include alliances in general which act against ODP, instead of a leading nation of a hostile party. An example could be the decisions made unanimously by the membership of an alliance, such as what was once CUSP, instead of decisions made directly by a leading nation, such as how the Janpians have done in the past with the KTO.

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=526768
Last edited by New Georgia and the North Pacific on Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:03 am, edited 14 times in total.
Your local up and coming technological menace.

According to viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018 somewhere around 5-7, because civilian tech is hyper-advanced, military, not so much. About 4.8 if we include project Hercules, which created superhumans.

Population: 35 billion (cuz moon colony cool)

Founder of the ODP, and Foreign Lead.

FT: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=new ... id=1816164

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=new ... id=1816323

F7 is where I use FT Canon

9axes: https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a= ... &h=100&i=0

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:14 pm

The Marajarbian representative known as Carl Edwards arrives at the ODP headquarters, takes his seat, and drinks from a glass of water.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:25 pm

The New Georgian representative, Sameer Hanson walked in. The Chairwoman would be making a commencement address. Admittedly, the building was… smaller than before, as the old on had been in the NAC.

“Hello Mr Edwards. I am aware of… tensions, but we will work to keep this civil, both being members of the Executive Committee.”

According to viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018 somewhere around 5-7, because civilian tech is hyper-advanced, military, not so much. About 4.8 if we include project Hercules, which created superhumans.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:34 pm

New Georgia and the North Pacific wrote:The New Georgian representative, Sameer Hanson walked in. The Chairwoman would be making a commencement address. Admittedly, the building was… smaller than before, as the old on had been in the NAC.

“Hello Mr Edwards. I am aware of… tensions, but we will work to keep this civil, both being members of the Executive Committee.”

"No problem. It's good to be part of alliances again according to Andreusville. The only thing which Marajarbia would like to avoid is another KTO, as that now collapsed alliance could not stop committing to its many atrocities."
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:36 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
New Georgia and the North Pacific wrote:The New Georgian representative, Sameer Hanson walked in. The Chairwoman would be making a commencement address. Admittedly, the building was… smaller than before, as the old on had been in the NAC.

"No problem. It's good to be part of alliances again according to Andreusville. The only thing which Marajarbia would like to avoid is another KTO, as that now collapsed alliance could not stop committing to its many atrocities."

“Oh, believe me. We share a hatred of them. May I interest you in this delightful Cognac? 2137, one of the best vintages in New Lyon.”

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:37 pm

New Georgia and the North Pacific wrote:
Southeast Marajarbia wrote:

“Oh, believe me. We share a hatred of them. May I interest you in this delightful Cognac? 2137, one of the best vintages in New Lyon.”

"Why, sure."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:38 pm

He poured both of them a glass from the dark bottle, almost caked in dust.

“Crystal glasses. Courtesy of Councillor Dubois.”

A smell of strong leather and dried fruit wafted over.
Last edited by New Georgia and the North Pacific on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:48 pm

New Georgia and the North Pacific wrote:He poured both of them a glass from the dark bottle, almost caked in dust.

“Crystal glasses. Courtesy of Councillor Dubois.”

A smell of strong leather and dried fruit wafted over.

"The ODP has a job to do" said George as he took a sip

"This job is exceptionally large. Because of the KTO and especially because of the recent hostilities, the world is no longer stable or at peace. The world is in utter chaos, with wars popping up at every single corner. It's up to the ODP to gain a very strong foothold and prepare for what is coming, which is likely to be a grim future, filled with war criminals and fearmongers who do not wish for true law and order, but rather for their own corrupted agendas to be prioritized over the will of humanity."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:50 pm

Mr Hanson nodded in agreement.

“I agree fully. The area is filled with such deplorables, dictators, madmen and so on. The world is collapsing, and we need to hold it together, to defeat said fearmongers. We are the hope of humanity, no longer just two nations.”

He sipped on his cognac.

“So, shall we talk trade?”
Last edited by New Georgia and the North Pacific on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:52 pm

New Georgia and the North Pacific wrote:Mr Hanson nodded in agreement.

“I agree fully. The area is filled with such deplorables, dictators, madmen and so on. The world is collapsing, and we need to hold it together, to defeat said fearmongers. We are the hope of humanity, no longer just two nations.”

"Not only do we need to be that, we need to be great, we need the world to know who we are, and we need a purpose. We should be guardians, not just of humanity, but of democracy, for it is none other than the will of the people which allows the people to protect themselves. The world needs more democracy, and while it should not be our job to spread it, it should be our job to protect it."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:55 pm

“Indeed. We must, and I restate must, protect democracy, freedom, and people. Fundamentally we must defend our children, our families, and the family of humanity. We are the pillars of peace, and as the Executive Committee, we must take responsibility.”

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:07 pm

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=526755

“So, this is my proposal.”

He bought out a piece of paper.

The Ocean Defence Pact officially CONDEMNS the unlawful seizure of power from President Michael Morgan and the Ardonian National Assembly, and will summarily refuse to acknowledge the dictatorship that has supplanted it as the government of Ardonia.

Whilst we are unaware as to the majority of the operations of the government, and therefore cannot confirm nor deny that claims that it was in fact a "clique of corrupt bureuacrats" we do not believe that issues can be or should be fixed by force of arms as this does not represent the will of the people. Therefore, we officially issue an ultimatum to the unlawful rebel government.

Give back power to the Ardonian National Assembly, and allow independent officials to investigate possible claims of corruption in the Ardonian government or face a total blockade of all Ardonian ports and airspace by the combined forces of the ODP. The powers behind this coup d'état have three days to respond, or the ODP will, like Countesia, consider its demands refused.

New Georgia will begin issuing citizenship to any and all Ardonians who are able to reach New Georgia, where we will provide safe refuge with zero possibility of repatriation. New Georgian intelligence will also take an active role in getting immigrants to safety.
Last edited by New Georgia and the North Pacific on Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:09 pm

New Georgia and the North Pacific wrote:OOC: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=526755

“So, this is my proposal.”

He bought out a piece of paper.

The Ocean Defence Pact officially CONDEMNS the unlawful seizure of power from President Michael Morgan and the Ardonian National Assembly, and will summarily refuse to acknowledge the dictatorship that has supplanted it as the government of Ardonia.

Whilst we are unaware as to the majority of the operations of the government, and therefore cannot confirm nor deny that claims that it was in fact a "clique of corrupt bureuacrats" we do not believe that issues can be or should be fixed by force of arms as this does not represent the will of the people. Therefore, we officially issue an ultimatum to the unlawful rebel government.

Give back power to the Ardonian National Assembly, and allow independent officials to investigate possible claims of corruption in the Ardonian government or face a total blockade of all Ardonian ports and airspace by the combined forces of the ODP. The powers behind this coup d'état have three days to respond, or the ODP will, like Countesia, consider its demands refused.

New Georgia will begin issuing citizenship to any and all Ardonians who are able to reach New Georgia, where we will provide safe refuge with zero possibility of repatriation. New Georgian intelligence will also take an active role in getting immigrants to safety.

“It works. The Ardonians, being one of the first anti-democratic nations we’ve spotted, would be an excellent target to start helping the ODP develop and gain some more members.”

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:10 pm

“Let’s get to it!”
Last edited by New Georgia and the North Pacific on Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:41 pm

“There’s also the current matter of the 16 alliances, one of Marajarbia’s greatest projects. The 16 alliances are every single alliance which Marajarbia has either founded or acquired over the past two Civil War Seasons, and currently they aren’t a part of anything. I thereby propose merging the 16 alliances into the ODP for the time being in order to strengthen this alliance.”

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:42 pm

“I do not know my superior’s responses, but I’m all for it.”

He poured himself another glass.

“Let’s do it.”

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:53 pm

The Main hall still remained empty. The lesser members filed in, whilst a screen with the Chairwoman flashed on.

“Today, I proclaim a new age. An era of peace, and justice. But first, we must begin with the administration side of things. Tonight, all of these organisations shall be folded into the ODP, along with any assets in their treaties.

For the Human Rights Branch:

International Treaty Organization of Free Nations
International Alliance For Democracy
Angelical Cross Organization

Liberty and Democracy Branch:

Unified Defense Alliance
International Consortium of Democratic Nations
Global Alliance of Democratic Nations
Global Treaty Alliance (North Atlantic Treaty Organization Spin-off)

Military Affairs Branch:

Collective Pact
Anti-Communist International
Unified Defense Alliance
League of Sovereign States (League of Independent States)

Unity and Stability Branch:

Foreign Affairs Branch:

Joint Colonial Affairs Branch:

Colonial Unity Alliance (Colonial Union for Security and Preservation Spin-off)
Unified Defense Alliance
Anti-Communist International”
Last edited by New Georgia and the North Pacific on Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:53 pm

New Georgia and the North Pacific wrote:“I do not know my superior’s responses, but I’m all for it.”

He poured himself another glass.

“Let’s do it.”

"With this, there will be 17 total alliances. More are likely to join, but this is a move which will strengthen our influence, and ensure peace and prosperity all over the globe."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:55 pm

“I agree. I will try and convince my superiors to get our allies on board. I’d assume that Csenebilest, Floridalandia and Negaru Melayu Raya can be convinced to join. The lesser members of the ODP can also be consolidated.”

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:57 pm

New Georgia and the North Pacific wrote:“I agree. I will try and convince my superiors to get our allies on board. I’d assume that Csenebilest, Floridalandia and Negaru Melayu Raya can be convinced to join. The lesser members of the ODP can also be consolidated.”

"Andreusville shall contact some of Marajarbia's allies as well."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Georgia and the North Pacific » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:59 pm

“I must admit, it’s been a pleasure working with you.”

He handed over a small bag with another bottle of cognac.

“Let’s just say, an offering for a detente.”

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:03 pm

New Georgia and the North Pacific wrote:“I must admit, it’s been a pleasure working with you.”

He handed over a small bag with another bottle of cognac.

“Let’s just say, an offering for a detente.”

"Consider the offer accepted. Now, it is time to get to work."

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:11 am

OOC: viewtopic.php?p=40140237#p40140237

IC: “It appears as if the Janpians are yet again disregarding democracy. It is very fortunate that a lot of the nations which have sent condemnations are present in case the Janpians try to spread their corrupt influence.”

Imperial Fiji
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Fiji » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:40 am

The Representative of Imperial Fiji, Ms. Maria Delai, Would walk into the boardroom, she would stop for a second, surprised at there only being two other people at the boardroom table, having been changed from representative to the UN to the much Smaller ODP was something she would need to get used to, nonetheless she started walking to the table again, before finding a seat before sitting down.

“Bula*, I am Maria Delai, but you can call me Maria or Delai, whichever you prefer, I’m excited that Your Organization has let my country join, and we look forward to cooperation with all organization members, now, what is the matter we are currently discussing?”

*Traditional Fijin Greeting, Means Hello
The Empire of Imperial Fiji
Praise the Flower Banner!
We Shall Never be Divided Again
Salute the Ancestors who got you Here
The 5 Islands United Again, Everlasting

After WW2 and the Fall of Japan, The Republic Of Fiji is given independence and is given some of the neighboring islands around it, few years later the Imperial Empire of Fiji is Formed, The Empire has 3.7 Million Citizens, with Capital City being Suva. The Empire remains a Relatively Strong Nation among Neighbors

The Suva Daily Times - The Queen has been Announced Pregnant! - Tensions continue to rise with Australia over control of the Great Barrier Reef - Small Floods have taken Place in the province of Tonga, about 1,000 Citizens currently Affected

NS Stats Aint Canon

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:45 am

Imperial Fiji wrote:The Representative of Imperial Fiji, Ms. Maria Delai, Would walk into the boardroom, she would stop for a second, surprised at there only being two other people at the boardroom table, having been changed from representative to the UN to the much Smaller ODP was something she would need to get used to, nonetheless she started walking to the table again, before finding a seat before sitting down.

“Bula*, I am Maria Delai, but you can call me Maria or Delai, whichever you prefer, I’m excited that Your Organization has let my country join, and we look forward to cooperation with all organization members, now, what is the matter we are currently discussing?”

*Traditional Fijin Greeting, Means Hello

“We are currently discussing the Janpians, who have made a statement in support of a military junta in Ardonia.”

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents