NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision Song Contest 103|IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Worldvision Song Contest 103|IC Thread

Postby StrayaRoos » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:52 pm

OOC Thread | [url]Host Bid[/url] | YouTube Playlist (Spotify)

00:00:The black screen dissolves into a vibrant picture of Richmond's skyline at night,then focusing on the Richmond Pavillion,before the stage is shown,and the Opening act is about to start
Opening Act
Lucky x Αλρηα-Space

Ed Sheeran-Celestial

The camera rolls forward into the stage,and the LED screen shows the night sky,moving through the stage
Verse 1:Lucky
Look up at the sky and see the stars
Feelings hanging on the edge of the ceiling
We are made to Love and hate
And to repeat it all again
I get lost when you’re not around
And things aren’t getting better when everybody’s around

Bridge:Αλρηα
Βλέπω αυτά τα χέρια να απλώνονται
Από τα αστέρια

I see your hands stretching out
From the stars

for the bridge and chorus,the lyrics appear on the screen in a font styled like a typewriter's
Chorus:Both
You make me think
Like you’re heart’s a million miles away
You make me think
That we’re not anything more
Space
Space

several small shots of pyro give the audience a picture of Stars blowing up in the sky
Verse 2:Αλρηα
Βλέπω το πρόσωπό σου στα αστέρια
Τα μόνα φώτα σε μια σκοτεινή νύχτα
Τα μάτια σου μου δείχνουν το δρόμο

Βλέπω αυτά τα χέρια να απλώνονται
Από τα αστέρια

I see your face in the stars
The only lights on a dark night
Your eyes show me the way

I see your hands stretching out
From the stars

Chorus:Both
You make me think
Like your heart’s a million miles away
You make me think
That we’re not anything more
Space
Space

Verse 3:Lucky
We weren’t made to be
More than this
Finding secrets in our hearts
The way we feel,that’s what we don’t know
Let’s make it go on and on

Outro:Both
You make me think
(We weren’t made to be More than this)
You make me think
(We weren’t made to be More than this)

03:14 as the opening act ends,the camera moves away from the stage towards the hosts,who are standing in the green room
Sajuna: "Good Evening,Multiverse!, Welcome to the 103rd Worldvision Song Contest here in Richmond. We are so stoked to have you here and what a treat we have in store for you tonight XX countries will be competing to win the 103rd Worldvision Song Contest! Who will be taking that shiny gorgeous trophy home with them?!"
Mat Jak: Tonight we will be seeing acts from all nations across the multiverse,however only one of them can win,so with out further ado,let's welcome our acts to the stage!
Last edited by StrayaRoos on Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:02 am, edited 7 times in total.
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Parade of Nations

Postby StrayaRoos » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:53 pm

Background music
01 | Vartugia
02 | Carrelie
03 | Northern Beepee
04 | South Batoko
05 | Crustyland
06 | Illdonya
07 | Feudal Italia
08 | Terra Zealandia
09 | Pemecutan
10 | Fatimanian Federation
11 | Aenglide
12 | Robloxian Robloxia
13 | Tummylandia and Susistan
14 | Waisnor
15 | StrayaRoos
16 | Malta Comino Gozo
17 | Alezian Union
18 | Adab
WITHDRAWN
19 | Placely Placington
20 | Spiritual Republic of Caryton
21 | Jencilland
22 | Flusia
23 | Britonisea
24 | Antahbrantastan
25 | Achaean Republic
26 | Axuva
27 | Norrp
28 | Nativist Australia
29 | Beepee
30 | Spring Ukraine
31 | Plangainer
32 | Mister X
33 | Kalosia

Sajuna: Now, let's see who'll Light Up The Night!
Both:
LET THE 103RD WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST BEGIN!
Last edited by StrayaRoos on Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:57 pm

01. Vartugia

I forgot to name this one lol- So I can have a title that is in fact longer than the current entry and no one is stopping us for doing the exact thing that we are doing by having a long title that no one asked for and its just normal for a joke-nation to do so with a long title that just wastes time?

Vartugia managed to get themself to perform 1st again, making everyone question why. And while it's clear how Vartugia managed to get that place, the main focus is their entr....

Fuck! We're not gonna win. Despite Vartugia somehow managing to lead the last worldvision at some point, someone was panicking that Vartugia might end up winning in the end. Luckily they don't need to spend their NS$0.99 WSC budget on hosting.

Everyone is silenced when Vartugia and their singer are set to perform. Their singer's mouth is touching the microphone with their lips like they are about to eat it. This is becoming strange.

No

The singer stands there staring deep into your soul. More out-of-place singing ensures.

No

The singer suddenly begins to eat the microphone. The roleplay begins to b very cursed and confusing. More silence by everyone as this entry is becoming very strange. Several "no"es is said

No
No
No

There is a lot of awkward silence over this as it's becoming clear that it's just someone saying the word "No" many times. And now the singer got's themselves a new microphone but they places it up in some place not supposed. More one-liners in rapid time.

No
No
No
No

No one seems to like this and people begin to leave the venue over how awful this entry is. Loud booing is heard. We even see all 5 members of the official WorldVision Committee discussing with each other if letting Vartugia in WSC was a mistake. More one-liners.

No
No
No
No

The singer's new microphone is now destroyed and the venue is all messy. Most people have left the venue and have asked for refunds.

No
No
No
No
No

Crimes against ears are happening as the sounds are getting even bader.

No
No
No

More unfunny things happen.

No
No
No

The entry ended and there were no reactions and this entry was swiftly forgotten.
Last edited by Vartugia on Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Carrelie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Carrelie » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:37 am

2. CONFÉDÉRATION CARRELIENNE
Élodie - "End of Our Strife"

Tune: Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time (feat. Rufus Wainwright)

Meanwhlie, at the STC...

..nothing is going to plan. From the ivory shores of Port Anilis to the golden towers of Kalimantan, the public broadcaster is falling on hard times. A recent scandal diminished the public's trust in the broadcaster's output, leading them to withdraw from the 102nd contest held in Mister X. Naturally, since the STC is currently one of the Worldvision Committee's presiding broadcasters, this caused yet more scandal. Just when the STC thought it couldn't get any worse, they had to report on the Dentrician elections and the subsequent defeat of the All Dentricia Party (in power since 1982). Now, stuck with a public that is falling out of love with its national broadcaster and which is increasingly met with the threat of privatisation in an effort to save costs (see the barely-mentioned Canal 5 for how well that went the last time), the STC has come up with an idea — just keep entering in Worldvision and everything should be okay.

It began with a selection. A number of artists which had competed in Carrelian national finals before (Worldsong, Melodifestival, and HitFest, for those who haven't been paying attention) were invited to the STC's headquarters in Mont-Sanguine to audition for a chance of being selection. Even the likes of Celestyna Czajkowska, Séverine Feldt and Gan Y Piano were invited! Only one could triumph, though, and that's how we get to...

Élodie

You may remember Élodie from when she and her Dentrician team represented Luxemberg at Melodifestival 97 with the song "Starstruck". The results of the selection were never revealed, except for the winner, but a source did report that Élodie came 8th place with only 7 points. Élodie's varied style has made her the centre of attention numerous times, and even the fact she didn't win was a shock to many Carrelians.

Since then, Élodie's discography has only gotten more varied. From instrospective ballads to rock to dance-pop, she's really done it all. Her newest album, Where Do I Begin?, is one of hit after hit, and it's where her entry comes from!

Performance

Carrelie was drawn to perform second - the death spot. Élodie hoped to defy death itself and deliver Carrelie to one of its best results ever. Will her confidence be enough?
Élodie begins alone on the raised platform at the end of the catwalk. She's dressed in a white lace dress, which stretches down to just above her knees. Massive stars on sticks protrude from the floor, and stood behind Élodie is a single man, dressed in painted cardboard to look like a non-descript man. As the music begins, Élodie turns to face the audience, microphone in hand...

With each day passing, I know
There’s a place where my mind goes
Somewhere where I used to call home
But by now it’s feeling so alone
I shattered a small mirror
But I don’t feel any great fear
I never thought I could make it through
But I’m here, this’ll be my breakthrough

Still singing, Élodie is picked up by the cardboard man bridal-style and transported over to the main stage, with the LED screen revealing a cityscape by day. Once she's set down (at 'We won't be lonely tonight'), she stretches out her left hand to the sky, trailing it down with her finger like a paintbrush making a white mark like a shooting star on the LED screen behind her. The stage turns a cool purple as the sun sets in the scene behind her for the final 2 lines as she's led into the post-chorus.

Give me a second or two
To fix things up, we can’t be blue
Living la vie Carrélienne
We’re making things brighter again
We won’t be lonely tonight
I could be yours, you could be mine
We’ve made it through, alright
And this is the end of our strife

The stars on stage begin to spin around slowly during the post-chorus. Fireworks are shown setting off against the cityscape (a rather clever use of the contest's theming) and creating a dazzling spectacle of yellows and oranges to contrast the cool purple.

(Yeah, we’re at the end now)
(Yeah, we’ve reached end now)
(Come on, leave your beacon shining)

The second verse is also sung by Élodie. During it, she's presented with a cardboard car front hiding everything but her head, which faces the audience as she travels to the front of the stage. The camera focuses in on this front as it moves forward, as 4 other men in cardboard come out to spray yellow paint on it. Halfway through, she shakes her head in resignation and leaves the 'car', revealing a fast costume change into a similar orange gown, mimicking a sunset. By the end of the verse, she's approaching the catwalk.

Traffic’s not going - roadblocks
Block my way into your heart
I would walk another thousand miles
If it meant that I could see you smile
Whisper sweet nothings to me
Make me sure that everything is okay
I never thought we could make it through
But we’re here, this’ll be our breakthrough

The second chorus progresses mostly the same, with Élodie drawing a line across the screen like a shooting star, though at the end of its trail it shoots into a firework. This spawns a multitude of other fireworks which illuminate the city once again. Once she reaches the end of the catwalk she turns away from the audience for the prechorus.

Give me a second or two
To fix things up, we can’t be blue
Living la vie Carrélienne
We’re making things brighter again
We won’t be lonely tonight
I could be yours, you could be mine
We’ve made it through, alright
And this is the end of our strife

(Come on, leave your beacon shining)
Caring for eachother
Loving one another tonight

The light suddenly cuts from the stage, leaving just one on Élodie, at the front of the catwalk in her orange gown. This goes on for only the first line, before the back of the stage lights up to reveal a small crowd of cardboard men dancing to the music and she spins around to face the audience once more. At the last line, she throws both her hands up towards the audience as her orange gown falls off, revealing a dazzling purple dress. The screens behind quickly pan up to reveal stars like a series of dots strew on an artist's purple canvas.

Though we were done, but not quite yet
Give me your hand, I’ll give a night you won’t forget
‘Cause we’re here now
We're stood right next to eachother
It's us together now!

What follows is a short dance break accompanied by majestic violins. After this, Élodie begins to sing the outro. Her hand is stretched out towards the audience as a camera pans out from her face and her dress reflects the light hitting it. The screen behind fades to black for the last refrain as most of the instrumentation is cut back and stage behind Élodie is almost entirely darkened.

I look in your eyes
The sun’s reflection
I see your love now
I look in your eyes
The sun’s reflection
I see your love now

I look in your eyes
The sun’s reflection
I see your love now

And that's it. The audience gives a rousing applause as Élodie bows to the audience. The backing dancers run up to the catwalk, almost tripping Élodie over as she gives a loud "Thank you Richmond!".

They all then vacate the stage as the crew makes it ready for the next act - the Alpine Group from Northern Beepee!
Last edited by Carrelie on Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
✿ Carrelian Confederation ✿
NS Stats not canon

Member of WMCA
WaisnorMalta Comino GozoCarrelieAlezian UnionAchaean RepublicUthossia
Caribou Island (Moorland) & Aenglide are also there.
Ignore literally every vaguely political post I made pre-2022 my views and understandings have changed significantly :)

Northern Beepee
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Northern Beepee » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:03 am

3. NORTHERN BEEPEE  

"Like A Volcano"
Performed by
Alpine Group

Tune:
"Ich Mag Dich" - Mountain Crew

Northern Beepee is back and bringing you something a bit different. Usually reserved and demure, this time Northern Beepee has gone to give the WorldVision viewer exactly what it wants... pure filth!

Alpine Group, are a set of singing hunks who's sole purpose in life is to sing and play music topless whilst wearing lederhosen.

PERFORMANCE

The audience in the sparkly new Richmond Pavillion are still buzzing from the Carellian performance. It will be a big ask for these plucky boys to follow on from such an astounding performance. Élodie acknowledges the boys as she makes her way off stage.

Fitz Leichahandschuh, lead singer of the Alpine Group, does his vocal warm up exercises as he walks onto stage. Before the performance begins the group does a little schuchplattler to build their energy.

Alpine Group have rubbed themselves up with hawaiian tropic and their bodies are glistening under the stage lights. Luckily it's nice and warm in StrayaRoos at this time of year as its coming into summer so the boys are comfortable in their lederhosen.

The Northern Beepee staging team have worked miracles for the innovative styling of the staging for the boys. Whilst the rest of the group stand on stage with their instruments dangling before them, Fitz will stand atop a giant Papier mache mountain (much akin to Yulia Samoylova's staging at Eurovision 2018, which you can view here if you've forgotten about this infamous stage set) with his guitar.

Enigmatic performer Fitz lifts his acoustic guitar and starts a strumming setting the band off.

Oh oh oh
woah oh oh
Oh oh oh
Woah oh oh

With that Fitz flicks his floppy brown hair, slings his guitar over his shoulder and slides down the front of the mountain. Whilst sliding his legs go akimbo, but he still manages to, somehow end up on his feet as the song continues.

You're so fine yeah, n' you're all mine yeah
I wouldn't say the word love.
We met on grindr, we fit together
It's like a hand in a glove.

Fitz makes his way to the front of the stage where a young StrayaRoosian, clearly believing they are in the Gold Coast and not the more refined setting of Richmond, make a grab for the lead singers chest. Luckily rhe mixture of tanning lotion and baby oil means the grasping hand slides easily off.

You must believe, when you're with me,
There's no-one else, I'm thinking of
And when you lose all 'f your clothes...

Come f*ck me!
I love d*ck!
I shove d*ck,
Everywhere !
In each hole,
Watch you blow,
Go loco,
Like a volcano...

Whilst the more conservative nations of the IBA may be (rightfully) disgusted at the nature of the lyrics, Fitz and his band is clever enough to not sing the words directly rather the audience in the Richmond Centre clealry enjoying the risqué nature of the performance are in fine fettle and singing loudly enough to be picked up on the mics as Fitz encourages them [clearly utilising the citi zēni bypass for censorship].

And when it's over, I show you the door
Maybe we can hook up next week?
But on Tuesday, I want your booty,
I dial your number, Won't you pick up my call?

Fitz is clearly enjoying himself, smiling away as he sings. His buff arms, bulging as he continues. He also clearly enjoys the feel of his own torso, as he continues.

You must believe, when you're with me,
There's no-one else, I'm thinking of
So take off all your clothes...

Come f*ck me!
I love d*ck!
I shove d*ck,
Everywhere !
In each hole,
Watch you blow,
Go loco
Like a volcano...

Fitz clearly knows he's sending the young men in the audience wild. Whether it's his foppish good looks, his glistening six pack or his lederhosen, noone really can quite put a finger on the inexplicable 'x' factor he holds.

You must believe, before you leave,
I won't ghost you when you're gone.
I'll call you up, each time I want,
Your jockstrap on the floor.

The music quietens and Fitz voice takes centre stage. His stirring good looks, fashionable facial hair and wide smile make him practically irresistible, despite the smuttiness of the lyrics. The camera lives him, and the audience is certainly having similar feels.

Come f*ck me
I love d*ck
I shove d*ck
Everywhere
In each hole
Watch you blow
Go loco
Like a volcano...

As the drums, bass and accordion kick back in, the song is closing in on the end. Fitz gives a sultry smouldering look down the camera as he continues.

Come f*ck me
I love d*ck
I shove d*ck
Everywhere
In each hole
Watch you blow
Go loco
Like a volcano...

The Alpine Group are giving their every effort to make this a memorable and enjoyable performance. Like any bands first time at WorldVision performance anxiety can set in, but for the most part Alpine Group have kept their rhythm and now they're ready to reach the climax of the show.

Oh oh oh
woah oh oh
Oh oh oh
Woah oh oh

Come f*ck me
I love d*ck
I shove d*ck
Everywhere
In each hole
Watch you blow
Go loco
Like a volcano.

As the performance ends there's a large explosion from the Papier mache mountain, which implodes in a shower of white confetti which flutters down over the audience in a visual feast for the eyes.

Alpine Group wave and bow thanking the audience for their generous applause, and make their way off stage. Making way for the South Batoko entrant.
Last edited by Northern Beepee on Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

South Batoko
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018

Postby South Batoko » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:04 am

4. SOUTH BATOKO
elly - true
Tune: Clairo - 4EVER

Ella Varijan-Bryce is a 20-year-old South Batoki musician from Aftwick. She is currently studying at the Buaka Institute for the Musical Arts, with a major in contemporary song-writing.
The song tells the story of how her best friend became her current boyfriend. In an interview, she said: "When he asked for a relationship, I at first genuinely thought he was joking, like, it came out of nowhere. But, once I realised he was serious, I said yes, and look where we are now."

A white park bench is stood in the middle of the stage, facing the audience. The LED screens show a green park under a bright, sunny sky.
The camera is positioned in front of the bench. Elly and her boyfriend are seated on the bench, Elly on the left, him on the right, slightly swaying. On the fourth line, he leans in towards her, whispering in her ear.
One, two, three, I can't keep count
I'm stuck in the bush you're beating around
But you're getting closer now
So you whisper it in my ear

Elly turns her head to the left for the first line, then upwards for the second. The camera moves accordingly.
Wait, are you for real right now?
You're telling a joke right now, or are ya?
'Cuz I don't believe you would ever go that far (yuh)
Wait, are you for real right now?
You're telling a joke right now, or are ya?
'Cuz I never thought you'd ever ask, so is it, is it

Both start doing a little dance; moving their shoulders left-right-left on the first three beats, then slightly lifting up their shoulders on the fourth. With each repetition, the direction of the shoulder movement changes. The sky in the background turns to night by the end of the chorus.
True-ue-ue, ah-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Elly's boyfriend puts his hand behind her head, holding it close to his face. On the third line, she runs her fingers through his hair.
We kissed under the soft moonlight
No inhibitions and no reason to fight
Run my fingers through your fluffy hair
If someone saw us, I just wouldn't care

She looks at the camera, slightly leaning back. In response, he leans forward. On the second line, she caresses his cheek.
Let us start, nothing thwarts love with all my heart
I always get goosebumps every single time you talk
In your arms, journeys start, on which we'll embark
Need you by my side 'cuz you're my light in the dark, oh

They let each other go. The camera gets closer to Elly. On the last line, they both get up from the bench.
So you were for real back then
Not telling a joke back then, you weren't
How did I not believe you'd ever go that far
Yeah, you were for real back then
Not telling a joke back then, you weren't
Yeah, I never thought you'd ever ask, but it was, it was

They do the dance from before, but now with their whole bodies. Some members of the audience dance along (probably some South Batokis, as the dance became a pretty popular TikTok trend in the country). The camera moves around them. At the end, they hug each other.

They look at the camera, now right before them. Elly shouts "THANK YOU, RICHMOND!". After a few seconds, they quickly rush off stage, so the next entry can prepare...
Last edited by South Batoko on Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko is a country in Novapax, that competes in WV.
A 19.2 civilization, according to this index.

Weather station in Baxtaqaś (Dürlüśćüm) collapses, outages at weather services reported

Crustyland
Attaché

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Crustyland » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:13 am

Garret Kato - With You

The Crustyland-born, Rannk local singer-songwriter & producer Kaleb Johannessen creates out of his personal studio and utilizes it as an ever-evolving canvas. The 25-year-old singer who has shot to the top of the charts in several countries was chosen internally to sing.

Johannessen quietly went from busking and living out of a backpack to tallying over 33 million worldwide streams and performing sold-out shows. His first single “Take It Slowly” surpassed 12.4 million Spotify streams. His 2019 EP, Distant Land, earned the endorsement of CRANK records. Now he has been picked as the present for Crustyland in Richmond WV 103 with his self-written song (You) Remind Me.

“I most definitely look at these songs as paintings,” he affirms. “It’s totally a mad scientist situation. I blend sounds together in order to aesthetically serve the song. The writing, engineering, and producing are all married. I’ll tinker with a track for two months. I look at it, walk away, and come back as if I were leaving a painting on a canvas. The chords, melodies, and moods are like images to me. I don’t use instruments for the genre, but rather for frequencies, tones, and rhythms. Getting the chance to see different parts of the world and hear so many stories inspired some of the insights and colours I wanted to use.”

Having found some money for the budget through increased tourism Crustyland was definitely showing the world they could be taken seriously, sometimes. With this beautifully sad song, they were hoping to do rather well.

The crowd cheers and the camera gently makes its way towards the stage from the back of the arena across the audience who are unlit. The stage is dark. The LEDs show a blue sky with some scattered white clouds. Kaleb is sitting on a wooden chair centre stage with his acoustic guitar in hand. He is wearing a beige t-shirt and chinos and a beige leather jacket. He has a pair of fine brown boots that perch on the wooden support under the chair. A cold white spotlight illuminates Kaleb as he begins to play the acoustic guitar. A fine mist floats around the stage. The camera stays on Kaleb for the entire voice. The stage is awash with a fog that drifts across the floor.

How many times I have been disappointed
The many times I've endured the pain
I never thought I'd find anyone
I thought it would always be the same
Every time it would end
One disappointment after another
I was sure there was nothing else

A warm Sun begins to rise on the centre LED screen as the camera gently pulls away from Kaleb backwards and upwards out across the audience catching a lens flare as it does. The audience with their glowsticks can be seen swaying. The camera fades back to Kaleb as he sings "Whenever I'm not funny" the camera panning left to right below him before cutting to a facial shot of him. His beautiful husky voice echoes through the pavilion. He smiles lightly before looking down quickly at his guitar.

But whenever I stumble
You're there to catch me
And help me recover!
Whenever I'm not funny
You still, laugh with me
I am your best friend
Even when I mess up
You're here to remind me
Time can heal and that love is real

The beat fades and so does the LED sun. He shuts his eyes briefly. The audience cheers loudly.

This love is real, love is real.

The LED sun fades back to a more cloudy sky with some scattered blue. The camera cuts a facial shot that pans right until he disappears off to the left of our screens before it cuts back to the same shot but panning left. Kaleb sits there consolidating not looking down at his guitar strings but emotionally out towards the crowds. The lights sparkle ever so slightly. For the last line, we have a facial shot of Kaleb, a massive, lovely smile broadens across his face.

Girl, you've been forgetting
Just how special you really are
And I try to remind you
Sometimes I can't find you
But the truth is in your heart
When I'm lost you find me

The camera pulls outwards from him. The stage envelops into white as the clouds clear and the LD sun begins to shine a warm white light across the stage. There was a slight pang to his voice, the lyrics coming from deep inside. Strumming away often looking down at his guitar and back up to the camera. A brief smile lit up his masculine face halfway through. He continues to strum the guitar. The camera floats above the stage inwards before we see the stage head on.

But whenever I stumble
You're there to catch me
And help me recover
Whenever I am not funny
You still laugh with me
I am your best friend
Even when I mess up
You're here to remind me
Time can heal and that love is real

An echo of "Oohs" from his two backing singers off stage fills the hall as he plays into the chorus. Kaleb's vocals accompany them as the camera floats from the back of the hall inward.

Many times I have been disappointed
You remind me this loves real

Following the same simple vibe, the camera pulls out from Kaleb, back towards the back of the arena showing us a huge array of swaying mobile torches. The beat picks up. The background is still a blue sky with some fluffy clouds draped across it. The verse ends with the camera panning out and the piano playing as the spotlights fade on him.

But whenever I stumble
You're there to catch me
And help me recover
Whenever I am not funny
You still laugh with me
I am your best friend
Even when I mess up
You're here to remind me
The time can heal and that love is real

A deafening applause erupts for the Crusyland entry. Wow, that was something! Could they be heading for their best result? "Thank you." He smiles his guitar by his side as he stands there. He was thrilled. He left the stage ready for the next entry.
Last edited by Crustyland on Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:39 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Illdonya
Envoy

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Illdonya » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:34 am

6. Illdonya #ILD

Lizzo - 2 Be Loved

Queen Izzo and Dara Seop
"Double O"

Igba was extremely happy when Illdonya got its best score–5th. That high scoring entry was decided by Illdonya’s national final, Illdonyafest. Igba decided to turn up the heat and prepared for another Illdonyafest, one bigger and larger than before. The Illdonyafest team was even preparing to have national finals. Despite the high hopes, the Illdonyafest team couldn’t execute the plan in time. Igba was still facing worker shortages, the same shortage that caused the withdrawal of edition 100 and the non-return in 101. Igba promised themselves that they would still participate in this edition–and so, decided to save the large Illdonyafest idea for the next edition. Igba decided to internally select an entrant, and decided to choose Queen Izzo and Dara Seop. This decision was mainly because Dara Seop has participated in Illdonyafest the most without a win. Igba decided to give the pop star a chance in representing Illdonya.

When Queen Izzo and Dara Seop were notified that they were chosen to represent the country, Dara Seop had a meltdown. She said quote “This just made my day. I have fulfilled my dream of becoming a world known pop star”. Queen Izzo as well was excited. She said “I am very grateful that I can represent Illdonya in the upcoming WorldVision song contest.

[

Hey, you gotta see this right now
Out of the blue, can it be blue, uh, uh
You gotta see, what people see, uh, uh
Go and help them right now, you are so helpful yeah.
You train all too hard, you are good enough, yeah
You’re all too fun, But you’re too serious for me
Can do noth’, But I am cool, uh, uh
But you’re so sexy, you work out like this
I feel so jittery! Oh Oh OH!

Can you do it? (You have the best eyes)
Can you do it? (I think it’s a guy)
Can you do it? (It’s ok just don’t die)
Double O, Double O (Double O)
Can you do it? (You’re protecting me)
‘Cause you’re perfect (You are so perfect to me)
Can you do it? (I’ll be waiting for you)
Double O, Double O

What am I supposed to do in the time
When you don’t show up like ahhh
I don’t know what happ’n ahhh
It will take a long time to–ahh
You’re so silly, You’re kinda hilly
You’re so cute I don’t know why though
Hey, I want you soon (want you soon)
Hey, I want you back so really soooon!

Double O, Double O

I need help, you’re my only, please come save me
What’s the price-oh oooh, I want your help, who?
Hey I want you, Hey I want you
You gotta do it now, get it now
I need help, you’re my only, please come save me
What’s the price-oh oooh, I want your help, who?
Hey I want you, Hey I want you
You gotta do it now, get it now

Double O, Double O

You can see why I need help right now
So you come to help
You come to help (Double O) You come to help (Double O)
(Can you do it?)
You can see why I need help right now
So you come to help
You come to help (Double O) You come to help (Double O)
Last edited by Illdonya on Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Worldvision 97, 20th place
Worldvision 98, 19th place
Worldvision 99, 32nd place
Worldvision 102, 5th place
Worldvision 103, 19th place
Worldvision 104, 8th place
Worldvision 105, 26th place
Worldvision 106, 12th place

Kuhling (Feker Libi) International Airport

Feudal Italia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Feudal Italia » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:46 am

7. Italia

The Empire of Italia is represented by the Sicilian artist known as Chiano. He was born and raised in the Kingdom of Sicily, which is a vassal of the Byzantine Empire. As an Italian in an empire dominated by Greeks, Chiano experienced his fair share of discrimination. After he managed to escape from the Byzantine Empire to Italia, he wrote a song about the oppression the entire Kingdom of Sicily lives under.

Tune: This is America

This is Byzantium
This is Byzantium
Don’t wanna carry ‘em
Don’t wanna carry ‘em
Can’t speak Italian

This is Byzantium
Don’t wanna carry ‘em
Don’t wanna marry ‘em
Can’t speak Italian

This is Byzantium
We can’t cross the border
Italia is next door
But we have to follow Greek orders

This is Byzantium
We wanna go home
Not Constantinople
But back in Rome

This is Byzantium
Never ending oppression
An Italian king in the Byzantine council
Is out of the question.

The King of Sicily pays millions and millions
In taxes and levies
The Greek despots pay next to none
The difference is heavy

This is Byzantium
Struggle to keep hope
They say they are Christians
But Byzantine Greeks do not follow the pope

Miaphysites in the east and Catholics in the west
Orthodox Byzantines put religious unity to the test

This is Byzantium
We can’t live easily
Cataphracts commit genocide
From Georgia to Sicily

This is Byzantium
Guards in my area
They got new help
Slaves from Bulgaria

We’re missing out on all that Italian trade
The cities of Genoa and Venice is where money is made

This is Byzantium
Look at this empire
The Basileus has lit his own damned realm
On fire

This is Byzantium
Don’t know what to do
The Italo-Byzantine border
Divides Italians in two

This is Byzantium
Don’t wanna carry ‘em
Don’t wanna carry ‘em
Can’t speak Italian

Terra-Zealandia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 17, 2022
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Terra-Zealandia » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:23 pm

Country Name: Terra Zealandia
Artist Name: Lily Marsden
Song Title: Shine
Languages: English

Music: Lily Marsden
Lyrics: Lily Marsden

Tune: BENEE - Glitter

Introduction

Terra Zealandia properly debuted in the previous edition of Worldvision which was the 102nd Worldvision Song Contest in Thatcher City, Mister X. The country sent the Bicester reggae/rock band Ember Reflections and their song “That Summer Evening”, which placed at 21st out of 30 entries, with a final total of 85 points, which is not a bad result for their debut entry. Since it was the debut entry for Terra Zealandia, there isn’t much to compare it to or to comment on further, so after confirming their participation for the 103rd edition of Worldvision, what was next for Terra Zealandia?

It was a very quick search for the next act before the Terra Zealandian Broadcasting Association (TZBA) selected Lily Marsden and her song “Shine” to be the Terra Zealandian entry for Worldvision 103 in Richmond, StrayaRoos.

Artist

Lily Marsden in 2022

Lily Marsden is a pop singer/songwriter originating from the inner city suburb of Wilmford in Barington, the capital and largest city of Terra Zealandia. Growing up in a musical family and surrounded by the art of music, she began to play the guitar in primary school at a young age and began to write and sing songs by the time she was at high school. After leaving school, she was enrolled at the Whare o Whakaari Waiata or the Barington School of Musical Performance.

After graduating the music school, she went on to release her first album tilted “Lilybourne”, named after a town in the Greater Barington area where she is from which sounds like the first part of her name. It topped the Terra Zealandian music charts in a matter of a few days.

Song

Single cover for Shine

Shine is the 2022 single by Lily Marsden that was selected to be the entry for Terra Zealandia for Worldvision 103. The song is fresh and already very popular in the home country of Terra Zealandia, and Lily Marsden has said that she hopes that this song manages to have a good impact around the world. Because of this, she was excited that this song was selected to be sent to Worldvision.

Lyrically, the song is about a crazy imagination, and living in a fantasy world where magic comes to life. The song has a lovely message and has received positive feedback about being selected to go to the 103rd Worldvision Song Contest to be performed. One user has said on Terra Zealandian media; “If the song’s popular here, the song should be popular all around the world as well.” It’s a pop song that TZBA strongly believes will be a hit at pop-friendly Worldvision.

Performance

Before Worldvision, it was revealed that Lily Marsden was performing and representing Terra Zealandia in the eighth spot, in between Feudal Italia and Pemecutan. The Italian entry was coming to a conclusion and Lily Marsden was preparing to take the stage to perform her entry. As soon as the previous entry was over, the lights in the Richmond Pavilion were turned off to complete darkness, and Chiano from Feudal Italia exited the stage. The stage technicians from StrayaRoos cleared the stage, before letting Lily on the stage.

Lily and her microphone were set on the stage, and Lily was ready to perform. As soon as the Terra Zealandian postcard was finished showing on the big screen, the lights in the arena were turned on brightly to reveal Lily on the stage, showing Lily wearing a sweater, to fit the cosy feeling of the song. As the music began with a simple beat, cameras and lights were pointed closely at Lily, who was standing on the centre of the stage. As soon as the backing drum beat drops in the middle of the first verse, Lily begins to lightly walk to the right of the stage, and cameras follow her.

After parts of the first verse are sung, the LED screen behind Lily begins to show animated pictures of cartoon-like rainbows, unicorns, ice cream, and other stereotypical child-fantasy things in cartoon form. For an ideal picture, just imagine the background looking like the single cover for Shine above.

In a land of flowers
And magical rainbow showers
Inside a fairytale fantasy world
Castles made of pearls
Dancing ‘round a snowflake
Going down candy cane lane
Letting imagination unfurl
Candyland’s full of sprinkles
It’s like glittery rain
In the fluffy clouds we’ll just lay
While we take in the days, yeah

Towards the end of the first verse, there were a couple of occasional shots that showed the audience watching Lily’s performance, holding up many colours and many flags. The song goes into the first chorus, and Lily begins to skip around the stage, with the cameras following her around.

Sparkles shine all around me
The vibrant colours make me happy
Everybody around us is smiling
Just shine like the light that’s in your eyes

For the second verse, Lily begins to stand still on stage for a bit, gaining camera shots of both her and the whole stage. Then, she begins to walk lightly across the stage, while still facing the audience, with the camera following her. There are also frequent audience and arena-wide shots throughout this verse mixed in.

Pretty vivid hues of light
Candy floss, flying kites
Living in a dream, living in a dream
Unicorns flying
Such a beautiful scene
Cherries on top of ice cream
Candyland’s full of sprinkles
It’s like glittery rain
In the fluffy clouds we’ll just lay
While we take in the days, yeah

The song gets back to the chorus, which is sung twice, because it's at the end of the song. This also means that the lights became the brightest they were during her entire performance, the colours became very vibrant across the arena, the cartoon pictures of rainbows, candy floss etc. scintillated on the screen and the audience could be heard cheering in the hyped excitement of Lily’s performance.

To close her song, she sings these four last lines calmly, and not as powerful as the previous chorus. The lights begin to dim for this ending.

In a land of flowers
And magical rainbow showers
Castles made of pearls

After singing the line “Castles made of pearls”, the music ends and she finished her performance by thanking StrayaRoos and the world for her performance. After that, the lights in the arena begin to close down, and Lily is taken off stage in preparation for the Pemecutan entry which was coming just after Terra Zealandia.
Last edited by Terra-Zealandia on Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
TERRA ZEALANDIA • AOTEAMOEMOEĀ
One of Aenglide's many puppets.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014

Postby Pemecutan » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:47 pm

9/#PCU

PEMECUTAN || ᬧᭂᬫᭂᬘᬸᬢᬦ᭄᭟

Gus Pandu & Diana Eka-"Jangan Sesali"

Title Translation: Don't Regret It
Language: Pemecutan Malay

Music: Evan Darmawan, Ketut Dian Abijana
Lyric: Gus Pandu, Satya Werdana
Tune: Sam Fischer & Demi Lovato - What Other People Say

Pemecutan have been in a steady position in the past few editions of WorldVision. The country managed to place in the top half and with another top 10 finished last edition. This marked the fifth times they managed to placed in the top 10. However, it is still a rare ocassion to see the country in the top 5. Despite the random results, GBC as the official broadcaster for WVSC keep sending delegation after delegation in the hope that Pemecutan someday able to reach the top. Although it can be seen that the race is getting tighter each edition.

For the 103rd edition, GBC select a modest mid tempo song. It is still in pop line. "We are keen to send our signature song. (read Pop Karawitan) But I think pop ballad is not suitable for high tempo WVSC. We rarely seen such genre. And seeing the result in our last attempt, maybe it needs more time before it can be accepted," say GBC spokesperson. The broadcaster is willing to support local song genre but as the spokesperson said, it needs more time. So the broadcaster choose a rather safe song.

The song "Jangan Sesali" was released early this year as a signature song for Diana Eka's new album. She is not a new singer in a singing competition. Gained popularity from a singing competition herself, Diana Eka became noticeable after she represented Pemecutan at the 8th edition of Junior World Hit Festival. Despite the poor turnout, she became famous back home. The song went on to received 2 awards in the 36th Chakra Music Awards as Best Children Song and Best Children Singer. But then, she went into a hiatus. Cited that she concentrate to her study as the reason. But she is still accepting off air performance here and there.

Diana Eka

And this year, as she turned 19, Diana Eka announce the release of her first adult album. This album will be her first transition from child singer into an adult singer. In one interview she stated her fear that the album and her transformation as an adult will received many critics. But she assure herself that it is part of how she become a grown up person. To promote the album, she release the first single from the album. Jangan Sesali. In the song, she is paired with Gus Pandu, a veteran Pemecutan singer.

Gus Pandu or Nyoman Bagus Pandu Satwika, born in Padangsumbu, a small town in Padangsambian. He started his singing career from the background. He is known as a songwriter. Pop Karawitan is his main genre. Although he is also write song for others too. Some of his works was recognized by Chakra Music Awards. He was also sing some of his works and released 3 albums in his 20 years career. After married with a fellow musician, Komala Ayu, he is focusing himself in songwriting. Most of his works are used by his wife. The latest one is Satya Kapegatin which received a nomination in Chakra Music Awards. Now at the age of 46 years, he dedicate himself just to write and produce a song. Until Diana Eka came to him.

Gus Pandu

Diana's manager approached him to write a song for her. Gus Pandu at first reluctant to accept it because of the genre. He is more attracted to write in Hanacaraka. But after Diana asked him in person and his wife's persuasion, he then agree. Jangan Sesali comes to mind as Gus Pandu see how youngsters nowadays struggling to decided how their future will be. With the globalization and competitive world, they needs to be unique in their own way to be noticed. He see this phenomenon as a double edge swords. In one side, it is good to know your unique self. While on the other side, it seems like they expose themselves to many other things just to find themselves. This song try to remind them that you can dream but it is okay if it is not come true because there's still other path that will be destined for you. Gus Pandu feels that this is a good message for youngsters so they don't overdue themselves to reached a dream that is out of their league. And remind them that there are many roads to be choose. There is not only one dream. If one door is closed, there is another door to open.

Because of his Hanacaraka nature, Gus Pandu is helped by Satya Werdana to choose a correct words in Pemecutan Malay. Werdana was chosen directly by Diana because she like his works for Arisatya. His work, Dimana itu Cinta? success to win 2 Chakra Music Awards and also placed 3rd in 61st World Hit Festival. For the music arrangements, the producer choose Evan Darmawan and Ketut Dian Abijana. Darmawan is a versatile composer. He had composed songs in many genre including pop, rock, RnB and even ethnic fusion. While Abijana is known for his ballad composition. He used to work with Komang Suarbawa. The sudden change happened when the song turned from a solo into a duet. The producer after hearing the song feels that it is more of a duet song. He see it from the lyrics. And the producer himself who asked Gus Pandu to become a duet partner. He reluctant at first. Citing that his voice is not like it use to be because of lacking of practice. It's been a while since he last singing in a record. However, once again his wife, Komala Ayu persuade him to take the chance. And because of his wife, he agree to do it.

As the host announced Pemecutan as the next performer, the clapping sound can be heard from the audience. The camera also viewed the big screen where the country's postcard is shown. Slowly the intro of the song can be heard in the background as the lights on the main stage is dimmed until it's all goes out. On the other hand, the lights on the island stage are lighten up. The camera fastly switch to the island stage. There, Diana Eka is standing with a microphone on her hand. The camera zoom in a close up of her face. She look down as she begin to sing the first verse of the song while the lights glow dimly from beneath her. The lights however surround her in what is like a rain of lights. At this time the camera has slowly walk back to give a full body view of her. Her outfit can be seen clearly. The jacket, the pants and the boots looks casual but yet still elegant. The outfit however matched with the song's composition. Something like street wear. Turn into the pre-chorus, she lift up her face and look at the audience. She sing confidently while maintaining her voice before entering.

Saat ku kecil, aku bermimpi
Kan jadi apa ku besar nanti
Banyak pilihan yang ku temui
Hingga akhirnya ku pasrah diri

Biarkan saja jalan hidup yang
Mengantarkan ku ke tujuan yang sebenar
Ku hanya bisa terus melangkah
Berharap jalan yang ku lalui t'lah tepat
When I was little, I had a dream
What will I grow up to be
I have found many choices
Until finally I gave up

Just let the way of life that
Take me to the real destination
I can only keep going
Hope the path I'm going through is right

Starting the chorus, the lights becomes brighter as the music getting more vibrant with the sound of the drum. However, Diana's voice is clearly highlighted as the beat and the power of the music is placed lower than her voice. Diana's strong and firm voice can be heard clearly without the bias from the music. But in the end of the chorus, the lights on the island stage are turned off.

Gantungkan cita-citamu tinggi
Tapi haruslah bisa diraih
Jika citamu terlalu tinggi
Jangan sampai engkau nanti menyesali

Janganlah menyalahkan nasib
Jika citamu sulit diraih
Bertahanlah pada yang pasti
Pasrahkan semua janganlah sesali

Yeah...yeah...yeah...
Yeah...yeah...yeah...
Yeah...yeah...yeah...

Pasrahkan semua, janganlah sesali
Hang your goals high
But it must be achievable
If your goals are too high
Don't let you regret it later

Don't blame fate
If your goal is difficult to achieve
Hold on to what's certain
Give up everything, don't regret it

Yeah...yeah...yeah...
Yeah...yeah...yeah...
Yeah...yeah...yeah...

Give it all, don't regret it

The camera quickly turn the view to the main stage. A downlight is lighten and shine Gus Pandu who is standing there with a leather jacket and blue jeans. The hairdo makes him looks younger. As he sing the second verse, the camera turn the view to audience. The attention goes to Gus Pandu's wife, Komala Ayu who is there watching his performance together with audience from Pemecutan. Komala's surprise face when looking at her husband looks can be seen as the camera is focused on her. The camera then change the view back to the stage. Gus Pandu is walking from the main stage to the island as he continue to sing. It's the end of the verse and he precisely arrived at the island stage. The lights follow his movement until the lights at the island stage are light up again when he arrives there. Diana is smiling lightly as her duets arrived. Both harmonizing their voice as they are singing the pre-chorus.

Saat ku kecil, ku telah pasti
Kan jadi apa ku besar nanti
T'lah kusiapkan sejaklah dini
Agar berguna dihari nanti

Tapi nyatanya jalan hidup yang
Mengantarkan ku ke tujuan yang berbeda
When I was little, I was sure
What will I grow up to be
I have prepared since early
To be useful in the future

But in fact the way of life is
Take me to a different destination

Both are looking face to face as they sing the chorus. Diana lift her hand high when she sing ... cita-citamu tinggi. While the camera took a 360° view as they continue to sing the second verse of the chorus flawlessly.

Gantungkan cita-citamu tinggi
Jika citamu terlalu tinggi
Jangan sampai engkau nanti menyesali

Jika citamu sulit diraih

Yeah...yeah...yeah...

Hang your goals high
But it must be achievable
If your goals are too high
Don't let you regret it later

Don't blame fate
If your goal is difficult to achieve

Yeah...yeah...yeah...
Yeah...yeah...yeah...
Yeah...yeah...yeah...

The music stop at a moment as Gus Pandu sing a short bridge. At this time, the camera view his close up face. Then the music suddenly goes up and the camera turn to Diana who belted her voice as they continue with the chorus. Once a while, the camera give a view of the band and the backing singer who sing as energized as the duo. Diana placed a great moment for her to perform her steady high note. On the other hand, Gus Pandu show his softer voice here and there. The combination of Diana's strong voice and Gus Pandu's soft voice makes the end chorus becomes a battle of them. And it is also a field for them to show both singers singing power.

Jangan menyerah, teruslah kejar
Hingga citamu kan kau genggam
Don't give up, keep going
Until your dream is held by you

(Oh....) Gantungkan cita-citamu tinggi
(Diraih)
Jika citamu terlalu tinggi (Terlalu tinggi)
Jangan sampai engkau nanti menyesali (Nanti menyesali)

Jika citamu sulit diraih
(Sulit diraih)

Yeah...yeah...yeah...
Yeah...yeah...yeah...
Yeah...yeah...yeah...

(Oh.....) Hang your goals high
But it must be achievable (Achievable)
If your goals are too high (Too high)
Don't let you regret it later (Regret it later)

Don't blame fate
If your goal is difficult to achieve (Difficult to achieve)

Yeah...yeah...yeah...
Yeah...yeah...yeah...
Yeah...yeah...yeah...

The camera slowly zooming in until the face of both singers can be seen in a single frame. Both repeat the last verse of the second chorus before the song is ended. They sing it clearly as the music have ended before that. A round of applause can be heard from the audience. The lights on the stage are lighten up. But the camera is still focusing on the two performers. Although it also viewing the audience reaction once a while. Both are waving their hand high. Gus Pandu is caught to give a kiss to the audience or maybe to his wife. Diana then shouts, "Thank you, Richmond!". "Suksma!" Gus Pandu's cut.
Last edited by Pemecutan on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Indo States
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:09 am

10. Fatimanian Federation
Sofia Lészydécsillág - Élrá! (Forward!)

Information about the Song

The Song has been Composed by 20-Year Old Sofia Lészydécsillág herself, in which, the song was totally based off on her Obsession with Romance Novels and also with Western Pop and K-Pop, which makes herself inspired on composing this song, alongside with her Friends who has expertise on music, and Song Editing.

Main Vocalist(s): Sofia Lészydécsillág
Background Vocalists: Sofia Lészydécsillág, Eriká Ardás, Erzsébet Koszue (Elisabeth Cosue)
Lyricists: Sofia Lészydécsillág
Composers: Sofia Lészydécsillág, Rozália Szérdéndánt
Props Manager: Mihály Nándor Szálszedő (Michael Ferdinand Salcedo)
Sound: Zoltán Résád Kálmánkő (Sultan Rishad Calmanco)
Video: Éva Paula Cseglédí

Original Tune: Ziruza - S.O.S

The Actual Performance

On the Beginning of the Song, the Stage has been Covered with Artificial Fog from the Stage Props, in which, it was dark on the Beginning of the Song except with the Red Neon Animation in the LED Screen moving, until Sofia has Arrived on the Stage and began singing.

Ősgén arad kés úszan csőrkét, Arlécs prász énéden jőrkö szalveb sagád, aldán Kaszülédég
Kéréd dalván, szaly siőnők, Csélécs pardél lé Keszylnők, Kündág-Kündág, aréd altép szérdalynék
Kéz Ojdolűk Csárné Frődács, ar fölnők szólnúk, ész Késtéd Ujűdúk rasz nyűréd Elbén, és Parnők Csáljábány,
Késtéd Hőrőd Szansú Krésy-dál, Sánkés érdén Krésy-dál, já Böjnők Csűjdák-dál, la-la-la-la-la
Késtém Élrá!
Élrá!
Élrá!
Őrdők, Őrdők!
Hey, Élrá!

On the Second Part, 6 Dancers in Black Bodysuits and Rib Knits (without eye, mouth and nose holes), Started dancing on the Left and Right Sides, while Sofia walks towards near the edge of the stage (450 M from the Edge) and Singing the Second Part of the Song.

Ár lá, aldár széndent, résé szőlők súrat csáslőkä, ísvál széljedráncs, és ték lárád fándes kárászédí
Kéréd dővnők, kárvály sársándy csadinák, lás práden érdén csőlénd, Kéndén-Kéndén, áldármiről csadszérdén, lárcsács,
Lárcsács kénécs árád véléd sáród, árás sálván kárád csőnek árás szőrák, rás szérdénők, arsadlo marak vany,
Késtéd Hőrőd Szansú Krésy-dál, Sánkés érdén Krésy-dál, já Böjnők Csűjdák-dál, la-la-la-la-la
Késtém Élrá!
Élrá!
Élrá!
Őrdők, Őrdők!
Hey, Élrá!

On the Last Part, the 6 Dancers had Laying down on the Floor, being hidden by the Fog on the Stage, while Sofia Squats and singing the last Part of the song.

Kőrdán ná, Kőrdán ná
Kőrdán ná, Kőrdán ná
Késtém Élrá!

At the End of the Song, Sofia stood up and Said "Köszőnők! (Thank You! in Lusarian)", and the 6 Dancers left the Stage, as well for Sofia, as Aenglide is Prepared to Perform as next.

There's a New Guy in the town, he's feels to very nice, he's totally handsome to girls, and i really wanted him,
I am thinking twice what should i do, my mind is already circling, and i don't know what actually i had to do, Twerking it, i can do it,
You Twisted me Twice, it doesn't make me confused, and it doesn't make me sick, but it feels weird for me to do that,
I told you not to do on what you did to me, it is repetitive to me, and i know that you love me, la-la-la-la-la
Move Forward! Forward! Forward! Hey, Forward!

A Month with him, i felt good with him, always sleeping with him without any problems, any problems would be solved by me, faster,
But my mind is always blowing up with his Advances towards, Dancing, i know what it would be for me, it would be love,
But you'll know that this would be messed up, because you had no better plans in order to fix his problems, when you had no problems, and it would totally fail for him,
I told you not to do on what you did to me, it is repetitive to me, and i know that you love me, la-la-la-la-la
Move Forward! Forward! Forward! Hey, Forward!

Time is up, Time is up!
Time is up, Time is up!
Move Forward!
Last edited by Indo States on Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fédération Fatimanienné - Fatiman Federation
Country of Freedom and Education

I DO NOT USE NATIONSTATES STATS

Aenglide
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Aenglide » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:17 pm

Country Name: Aenglide
Artist Name: Mia Knarvik
Song Title: Deep Inside
Languages: English

Music: Mia Rodri Knarvik
Lyrics: Jon Aike

Tune: StoneBridge - Close To Heaven

The 102nd Worldvision Song Contest took place in Thatcher City, Mister X and was an edition that saw the De Kapvord alternative rock band Den Vókteren perform their song “Harrowing Streets”, which resulted in Aenglide ending up at twelfth place out of the total thirty entries, with a total score of 121 points. It was a particularly middle-range result for Aenglide. The country ended up in 12th place which is the same placing that Aenglide saw with Marja Bjárnidoter who sung the first Aenglic entry back in the 99th Worldvision Song Contest back in Densmouth, Carrelie. However, it was a bit of a drop-down, especially since that two editions before at the 101st Worldvision Song Contest in Lipa, Besen, saw an awesome fifth place from VALKÆRJA and her song “Come And Take Me”, which as of now, is the third-best placing for Aenglide in Worldvision.

However, people predicted this would happen. Den Vókteren is not a very large name in music, even for the general music-listening population of Aenglide. The band’s real prime time was in the 1990s, and even then they weren’t that large, considering the scale of music in Aenglide isn’t too big compared to other countries, and also considering they also managed to top the charts back then. To add onto this, the band just wasn’t popularised as being Aenglide’s entry for the 102nd Worldvision Song Contest, as the highest place that their Worldvision song peaked to on the Aenglish Weekly Music Charts was only on the lower end on the charts, looking no different to the other songs that it was placed between.

ÆTV, the national broadcaster for Aenglide, knew that they had to do something about this bad result and return to more of a new and fresh entry with a young pop musician, instead of an unknown old rock band who are extremely past their time. Den Vókteren performed well, but were very unpopular and did not get many points. The band came out publicly to say that they “completely understand ÆTV’s choice, and we were there to enjoy the moment and make the country proud”. Moving forward from Worldvision 102 to Worldvision 103, ÆTV, along with the Aenglish music industry partner æmusic, began the internal selection to find the next performer or performers for Aenglide for the 103rd Worldvision Song Contest. It was not long until Mia Knarvik was found and ÆTV made the announcement that she would be performing for Aenglide at Worldvision 103.

Mia Knarvik at a promotional photo shoot

Mia Rodri Knarvik, known by her stage name as just Mia Knarvik, is a singer-songwriter and pop-musician originating from Brjdstad, a seaside city in the Fersor province in the south of Aenglide, which is the same city that the Aenglish act at Worldvision 101, VALKÆRJA, is from. She was born and grew up in Brjdstad, but moved further south to Keterig, the capital of Aenglide to study at Keterig University, where she spent a year studying, before pursuing a career in music. She currently still resides in Keterig. Growing up, Mia never had deep roots or connections at all to music, and she claims that unlike many local Aenglish artists, she never grew up surrounded by music where it was a “natural passion that found [her] inner peace”.

After dropping out of KetU, or Keterig University, she began to write and sing songs by herself. She began to post videos of herself singing her original songs on the internet, but never gained major attraction. However, she was picked up by a manager in Aenglide that would help her get her career known to more people. Since then, Mia has been able to hit the top of the Aenglish Weekly Music Charts a handful of times and is fairly known across the country, and is how she has become today, being selected as Aenglide’s performer for the 103rd Worldvision Song Contest.

Single cover for Deep Inside

The song Deep Inside is a 2022 single from Mia Knarvik, who provides the song’s vocals. The song is produced by Aenglish producer Jon Aike, who has been known to produce some popular songs in Aenglide. Jon Aike is featured in the music production of the song, but remains uncredited in the song’s act, and Mia is credited in the lyrics as the songwriter. Mia Knarvik, who wrote the song, describes her song Deep Inside about her struggles with different emotions and anxiety growing up, and how she tried to control it. Deep Inside is a pop song like the majority of Mia Knarvik’s music, and contains lots of lengthy instrumental parts with the produced backing track, making for an interesting contrast between the song’s lyrics and the song’s music track.

Deep Inside, so far, has received good criticism from Aenglish Worldvision fans. They’re excited to see a pop song return after the mediocre result of 12th place for Aenglide from the previous edition of Worldvision in Mister X. Critics believe that this song will give Aenglide a good result, and since it was announced as Aenglide’s entry for the 103rd Worldvision Song Contest, it has made its way on the top of the Aenglish Weekly Music Charts to first place. Even though it has started to become a recurring theme that Aenglide’s Worldvision entries automatically place themselves on the music charts as soon as they become officially announced as Aenglide’s entry (and usually very highly on the charts as well), people still had hope in Mia Knarvik’s song, believing that she would perform well.

It was the grand night of Worldvision inside the Richmond Pavilion, the grand venue of StrayaRoos’ first Worldvision hosting, and the tenth entry from the Fatimanian Federation was still on stage performing. Before Worldvision, it was announced that Mia would be performing in the eleventh spot in the running order of the live show, between the very expected Fatimanian entry in tenth, and whatever the hell Robloxian Robloxia’s entry is in twelfth spot. Mia began to get ready in the backstage rooms as she was about to perform next. Even though Mia is an established artist back home in Aenglide, she had never performed live on a stage this large. Even then, The stages and the audiences that she was comfortable with back home in Aenglide were relatively small, so from that to coming to the Worldvision stage is one massive leap for Mia. A lot of emotions were running through Mia’s head. Like many Worldvision performers that Aenglide has sent in the past, she felt very ready for her performance, because of the numerous dress rehearsals in preparation for Worldvision. At the same time, she was feeling very nervous and anxious to be performing in such a large crowd. The rehearsal performances had literally nobody watching except for the producers and camera technicians. This performance has basically the entire world watching closely at their screens, let alone the fact that the Richmond Pavilion was filled with a countless number of people from many countries, with many bright colours in the audience. However, Mia didn’t want to let the conflicting feelings stop her from performing to the best of her ability.

The previous entry was from the Fatimanian Federation, who sent Sofia Lészydécsillág with her song Élrá!, and Sofia had just finished her entry on the stage, and the lights in the arena turned off completely. While the entire venue became dark, it was a scramble to get the Fatimanian performer off the stage, and Mia Knarvik from Aenglide onto the stage. Luckily, because Mia is a solo performer without any props or heavy equipment being taken onto the stage alongside her, the stage-clearing process was incredibly easy and smooth. Mia was called onto the stage by the Roosian stage crew, and she was excited for her performance. Whilst all of this was happening, the postcard introducing the entry to the world was shown on the LED screen located on the back of the stage. The microphone was brought up onto stage with her, and Mia waited patiently for a handful of seconds to wait for the lights in the arena to brighten up and for her entry to be introduced by the postcard.

The lights shot up and strobed themselves across the entire arena, as the postcard letting the world know of Aenglide’s entry came to an end. As the venue was brightened up, the lights revealed Mia Knarvik, standing in the centre of the stage. She was seen wearing a pearl white dress, quite short at the legs. It’s quite the quintessential look for Aenglish performers in Worldvision; blonde hair and white dresses. The audience cheered loudly at the start of the entry as the music began to play.

The performance begins with a shot that shows Mia Knarvik on stage. She grabs the microphone and when she sings the lyric “Breakin’ the walls with power”, it shows her face up close singing the first words of the song. For the most part, this lyric is pre-recorded and has some echoing added onto it in the mix, however, she sings it live anyway.

Breakin’ the walls with power

After the one-line lyric, the song goes into a relatively short instrumental part, and this part shows both Mia Knarvik walking across the stage with the microphone in her right hand, and also shots of the large audience in the Richmond Pavilion enjoying Mia’s performance. They can be seen holding various banners and flags of many shapes, sizes and colours. Furthermore, the LED screens at the back of the stage, situated behind Mia, begin to transition into scenes where it shows a camera pointed up at a bright blue sky, moving closer to clouds, with a lovely pastel palette gradient to add a tiny bit of colourful ambience. It looks exactly like the single cover of the song. This is to capture the “finding the strength and power and climbing to heaven” vibe of the song, which was actually quoted by Mia herself when discussing her thoughts on the staging for her performance with the stage technicians.

I’m always true to myself, I stand tall
I never let anything make me fall
Nothing’s ever gonna stop me
When I’m smiling
(Smiling, smiling, smiling, smiling)
But the truth’s that sometimes I’m not fine
I pretend to be happy all the time
But if I wanna live my life with you
I need to stay true
(Need to stay true, stay true, stay true)

The song goes into the chorus which features a lot of echo effects. This song has a lot of them, especially in the lyrics that proceeds short breaks between the singing. These are pre-recorded in the backing track and are only used in the effects, and are not sung by Mia at all. The chorus shows Mia walking to the left side of the stage, and smiles at the audience surrounding her in that area.

Breaking the walls with power
I’m challenging these feelings
They’ll never hide
Deep inside (inside, inside)
I’m gonna set myself free
They’ll never hide
Won’t try to feel it
Can’t even see it
I won’t stop
Cause I’m not scared to try

The song goes into the second verse, and follows a similar rhyming pattern as the first verse. Mia begins to walk back towards the centre of the stage, and another general and broad shot of the audience is shown, after tilting away from the stage.

There’s times where I feel like I lie
So often I begin to cry
But that’s all gonna change
When I start to find my way
(Start to find my way, my way)
I just need to find the love
That comes to shine from up above
I think I’m starting to see
The power that’s been given to me
(Given to me, to me)

The song gets to the last chorus, which is sung beautifully with power to make it a good ending to the song. The camera angles closely show Mia singing the chorus on the stage, and shows her closing her eyes and tilting her head just above the audience, which allows Mia to focus and make her voice powerful. This generates a bit of an audible reaction from the crowd.

I’m challenging these feelings
They’ll never hide
I’m gonna set myself free
They’ll never hide
Won’t try to feel it
Can’t even see it
I won’t stop
Cause I’m not scared to try

She sings the line “Cause I’m not scared to try” with length, because it’s the last line of the song, so she had to make that powerful. That line puts an end to the lyrics in the song, but the performance is not over yet. It goes to the ultimate instrumental part of the song, which carries on through the rest of the song. At the following beat in the music track which immediately proceeds the final lyric of the song, Mia begins to dance in a choreography performance which involves her sauntering to both sides and across the stage, and a big cheer erupts from the audience as they see her dancing. Some of the audience finds it marginally attractive. This entire instrumental part lasts a whole minute, and the instrumentals begin to quieten down and conclude as it goes on. The music stops.

After a minute of dancing, Mia’s performance ends after the music ends, causing a large eruption from the audience, cheering and clapping for her. Mia shouts a very warm “THANK YOU SO MUCH STRAYAROOS!” to the audience of the Richmond Pavilion, expressing her gratitude for the people supporting her and cheering for her. The bright lights within the venue fade down to black, and this is where Mia exits off the stage and is directed back to the seats, out-of-breath from dancing for just over a minute straight in her performance. Mia is taken off stage by the stage directors who are also working to prepare the next entry by Draca from Robloxian Robloxia.

Mia arrives back at the green room, where the rest of the Aenglish delegation was waiting for her and was cheering on for her as soon as the lights revealed her body on stage. They express a lot of emotion and hug her, start to cry many tears of joy, and are extremely happy for the way that Mia’s performance turned out.
Last edited by Aenglide on Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
AENGLIDE

The Federation of Aenglide | Federatig Ænglide | Fiterääne Angeeli | Ajunnuna Anigilaak | ᐱᑦᑲᓅᓇ ᐊᖏᓛᑦ/Pitkanuuna Angilaat

A LAND OF FOUR CONLANGS. Aenglic/Ænglik Sprök, Hööra, Uqqurapiata, Kuqaarii/ᑯᖄᕇ !

Standard English: /eɪŋliːd/
Aenglic: /ængliːdə/
WMCA Observer State | WorldVision Committee Member | IIWIKI Page | NS stats not canon

Robloxian Robloxia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 26, 2022

Postby Robloxian Robloxia » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:08 pm

12. Robloxian Robloxia WITHDRAWN

Draca
"BOIZZ"

Moniki (From Stockwaves) - Bananas!
Also feel free to abbr. us as R. Robloxia

Can my boiz eat fruit yeah?
They are so healtht
They are so healthy
They are so healthy
The Dance Boiz, The Dance Boiz, The Dance Boiz

They go missing but
They cannot escape
They go missing but
They cannot escape
They go missing but
They cannot escape
The Dance Boiz, The Dance Boiz, The Dance Boiz

boiz-boiz-boiz-boiz-boiz
boiz-boiz-boiz-boiz-boiz
boiz-boiz-boiz-boiz-boiz
boizboizboizboiz-boizz!

yeah-I need my boiz yeah
can you help to find my boiz yeah
They cannot escape from me
They dance boiz the dance boiz the dance boiz
Last edited by Robloxian Robloxia on Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:12 pm

Host intervention I
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Tummylandia and Susistan
Envoy

Founded: Aug 20, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tummylandia and Susistan » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:50 am

Set to the tune of Luta É Alegria

The Artist

Paul Leskowitz and His Army of Lunatics are a street preformance group turned band composed of Paul Leskowitz, Adrian Jimenez, Henry Diaz, and Tatiana Duhaylungsod. They formed in 2019 and originally were street performers until 2020 during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Around that time, they were picked up by Bloomqvist Street Records and produced their first album "Around the Fields".

The Song

"Fiesta in Tummylandia" is a satire song about Tummylandian fiestas. Henry Diaz came up the idea after visiting his mother's town of Santa Jabalina, Serrano for their town Fiesta, only for heavy rain to ruin the event. The song talks about the terrible experiences of a fiesta in an unnamed town.

The Performance

Paul Leskowitz, Adrian Jimenez, Henry Diaz, and Tatiana Duhaylungsod walked into the stage with determination. They walked up to the stage, and all 4 sang the song.
Do you want obnoxious and tacky pop music?
Blasted in night and day for a weeeeek?
Do you want to eat until you?
Get diabetes or even dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

It's another glorious day!
In the 1 week lo-ong fiesta!
And you get to meet your old high school classmates!
The fiesta used to be a singular day,
but Tummylandians are very lazy,
so they decided to extend the party,
for one, whole, entire, weeeeeeeeeek!

In the night or the day, the party is still raging.
The neighbours are still playing obnoxious music!

"Bring the rice, the lechon, and the dri-inks"
"And your uncle, your kids and your family!"
"Bring the lumpia, the ice cream, and the ca-ake!"
"And your aunt, your wife, and your in-laws."
Says the barrio captain who is very corrupt and taking bribes
in the middle of the feast.

He also ordered the teens to make a TikTok.
Only 2 people even submitted at all,
and it was raining for the entire time,
and the venue was outsiiiiiiiiiiide!

In the night or the day, the party is still raging.
The neighbours are still playing loud music!

"Bring the rice, the lechon, and the dri-inks."

My relatives are still driving 20,000 kilometers to even get to our municipality!

After they performed, the crowd cheered as they walked off the stage.
Tummylandia and Susistan
Factbooook! | We don't use NS stats and stop assuming us because of our flag. Read the factbooks. | sample text

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:46 am

WAISNOR

Kim Na - Obeshchayu/Tune: Raikhana Mukhlis - Proshche

Kim Na, with full name of Ekaterina Nagibina, said in pre-WorldVision interview to be a lover of Korean music, which is the reason why her stage name sounds so Korean. Starting her music career in 2017, she found her own style of music, and with that, she got some success. Her first notable hit was a 6th ending of "Shield", and later she got a 1st opening song and the little acting gig in "Under the Lights", which was centered around singers. Thanks to these both songs her musical career was on the rise, and soon enough, she won the selection for the honour to represent Waisnor in WorldVision Song Contest.

Now let's move on to the performance - a young girl with long hair, the ends of which were dyed blue, entered the stage. She was dressed quite boldly - a leather jacket, a black, slightly dirty T-shirt and torn jeans. Meanwhile, in the background was a vase, from which two people passing by her took one flower every time.

Не понимаю, как смогла влюбиться я в тебя
I don't understand how I could fall in love with you

Я не могла расстаться и жила, сердце губя
I could not part and lived, ruining my heart

Ты все так же был жесток и делал мне ещё больней
You were still cruel and hurt me even more

И с каждым таким разом разум был ещё ясней
And with each such time, the mind was even clearer

At the very beginning of the performance of the song, Kim was lying on the stage on her side, leaning on her arm. Sometimes her hand, free from the microphone, depicted something with her fingers, for example, walking or fortune telling on a camomile. Closer to the chorus, the singer began to rise to her feet, and in the background all the flowers from the vase disappeared. Just before the chorus itself, a woman's hand suddenly took a vase and threw it aside.

Обещаю, что не буду вспоминать тебя
I promise I won't remember you

Ведь ты никто
'Cause you're nobody

Пустое место, пустое место
You are nothing, you are nothing

Я не буду больше строить из себя раба
I won't pretend to be a slave anymore

И ни за что
And there's no way

Не стану невестой, не стану невестой твоей
I'll be your bride, I'll be your bride

During the chorus, in the background, an abandoned vase flew into the wall and broke, and how the fragments fell to the floor was shown in slow motion. Meanwhile on stage, the singer began to do some dance moves, ending the chorus by firing her finger gun. After that, and some games with the light, when various patterns lined up from the light on the stage, Kim stood right in the center of the stage.

Ты вечно просить пощадить и дать ещё один шанс
You always ask for mercy and to give you one more chance

Из раза в раз твои слова вводили меня в транс
From time to time your words put me in a trance

Но больше я не собираюсь твою ложь терпеть
But I'm not going to take your lies anymore

И если снова жить с тобой, то лучше умереть
And if I live with you again, it's better to die

The singer, meanwhile, gradually approached the edge of the stage, sometimes throwing her hair back. Against the background, by this time the fragments of the vase had already fallen to the floor and the camera was moving away from them. A streak of light appeared in the center of the screen, and the shadow of the departing girl was clearly visible in it.

Ведь ты никто
'Cause you're nobody

И ни за что
And there's no way

During another chorus, Kim again began to perform all the same movements that were during the first performance, again ending the chorus with a finger pistol shot. Meanwhile, in the background, the camera continued to move away from the broken vase and now the door has hit the lens of this camera.

Не думай, что это шутка
Don't think it's a joke

Это всё всерьёз
It's all serious

Для тебя это жутко
It's creepy for you

Для меня - верх грёз
For me - the top of dreams

During this verse, Kim sat down on her knees, and the lighting changed to some extent - now only the singer was illuminated and lines of light began to pass through her body in different directions. The lines themselves also looked different - simple rectangular, roundish, some patterns appeared. In such an environment, the singer sang the same verse again.

Ведь ты никто
'Cause you're nobody

И ни за что
And there's no way

After some dancing and now the usual finger gun, which now ended the whole song, Kim Na raised her hands to the skies, sent a couple of air kisses to the crowd and said: "Thank you all! You're the best, Richmond!!"
Last edited by Waisnor on Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

15|StrayaRoos

Postby StrayaRoos » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:32 pm

XX
StrayaRoos
Altos & Goldi-Higher

Calvin Harris,Rag n' Bone man-Giant

Music: Luci Asqi,Catherine Ritea,Chloe Siaupi
Lyrics: Luci Asqi,Sidney Dareti,Chloe Siaupi

Introduction

After WorldVision 102,everyone in rtvS’ WorldVision department was on a high,coming off a streak of the two highest results the nation has managed as well as securing hosting rights to WorldVision 103,everything was going perfectly,until they saw the budget not allocated to hosting,it was the lowest amount allocated to selecting an entry since WorldVision 98,which wasn’t good at all

About the artists

Altos, Real name Luci Asqi,is StrayaRoos’ most recognisable artist internationally,having represented the nation at WorldVision 94 & 95,in addition to World Hit Festival 66
Goldi, Real name Chloe Siaupi, is well known as Roovision’s perennial Underdog,having finished 2nd,5th and 8th over the past 3 editions of the selection,even getting the first jury nul points in the contest’s history

About the song

Higher is the Roosian Entry for WV103,written by some of the biggest names in StrayaRoos’ music industry (all of whom have previously represented the nation at WorldVision).
The Song is similar to the last few entries sent by StrayaRoos,with it’s themes of confessions and fearing heartbreak.
the song has so far

WorldVision Week

Performing on home soil is the best and worst thing for WorldVision artists as well as giving them a home field advantage,the crowds are expecting them to do very well, and they will probably have the most attention out of all the regular participants,but also,they were between Waisnor and Malta Comino Gozo,who traditionally do well,and that wasn’t the best spot to be in (Granted,in our best performance so far,we were after the Winner and Third placer,but that’s not the point)
Performance

The arena is covered in a red light,with two prison bar-like semi circles on the stage,with Goldi and Altos inside of them,the camera moves to focus on Goldi,who starts the song as white lights alternate on different edges of the stage and the catwalk

(Goldi)
I understood your feelings
before I saw your eyes
You let the cat out the bag (yeah)
And confessed your love
It’s not nothing (Yeah)
Cause you help me up
Now I’m ready for anything,anything,anything

The Camera curves towards the backing band,and then moves to behind the drummer,as the chorus kicks off

(Both)
I will go higher
Take me Higher,come with me
Cause I’ll go higher
We’ll be up with the clouds underneath our feet

Midway through the chorus,the camera lifts up to the roof of the stage,where the LED floors change from black to a red and black V pattern,the camera quickly flashes to the crowd,who are dancing to the song in the mosh pit

I will, I will, I will, I will, I will,I will go higher (oh)

The camera then moves back towards the middle of the stage,and both Goldi and Altos bounce on their knees

The camera moves to Altos as she performs the next verse

(Altos)
Don’t hide anything from me
I Know exactly what you want
That Raw emotion
We can do what we want
You told me something (yeah)
This life is ours
You showed me what we are

The two bounce on their knees again,but this time,the lights flash white,then orange,then pink,then back to the royal red that was at the start

(Both)
We are united,united,united (yeah-eah)

The Camera angle first focuses on Goldi,who pulls on the bars holding the semicircles up on her side

(Goldi)
I will go higher

Then,it switches to Altos,who does something similar
(Altos)
Take me Higher,come with me

After that,both women move towards the middle of the stage,then jump up as the Semicircles start to be lifted up

(Both)
Cause I’ll go higher
We’ll be up with the clouds underneath our feet
Oh, oh, oh, hey-oh, oh, oh, oh, hey-oh
I don’t ever want you away from me,yeah,yeah
Oh, oh, oh, hey-oh, oh, oh, oh, hey-oh
I don’t ever want you away from me

They then move onto the 9-shaped catwalk,as they start the outro,the pyro machines go off,creating sparkles

(Both)
I Will,I Will,I Will (ooh)

The home crowd cheers massively,knowing that this may be a turning point for StrayaRoos in WorldVision
Last edited by StrayaRoos on Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

MCG | Paloma Fennech & Elija MiĊelli | The Broken Mirror

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:05 pm

Nation Name: Malta Comino Gozo
Official Broadcaster: MCG 1
Tune: Paloma Faith ft Teddy Swims-Only Love Can Hurt Like This
Song Title: The Broken Mirror
Artist(s) Name(s): Paloma Fennech & Elija MiĊelli
Lyrics & Music: Paloma Fennech

The delegation, the fans and the families back home huddled around their screens. Could it be, could it really be? Another win?! The arena was a mixing pot of cheer, shouts and happy screaming leading to the build-up of the reveal of the final televote. Niki had done it! Too awestruck to even speak she stood there, her mouth agape her eyes welling up and her arms flapping about. Suddenly she blurted out, "Yessssssssssssssssss!" Before punching the air! She and the MCG delegation hugged one another the camera bouncing around to find the best spot to capture from. Niki was ushered onto the stage through massive applause and fanfare, with pyros leading the way. She hugged Malaakh Dayan tight and accepted her fancy trophy. "Thank you all!" she yelled excitedly with a slight crack in her words. She thrust her trophy up to massive cheers. She belted out her final song with confetti raining down on the final chorus of the song. "I cannot believe this.. thank you, thank you all so much! " she yells. Back home traffic came to a standstill for the nation's sixth win, with crowds of people filling busy streets, car horns blaring through the night, accompanied by fireworks erupting randomly across the country.

Unique. Beautiful. Mental. These are three words that sum up Paloma Fennech, and for those of you that know her music, you can add talented to that list as well. She seems to flit around in a world of her own, not caring one bit about what anyone else thinks and is perfectly happy to push fashion to the limits whilst performing music that honours the ones she’s influenced by along the way. This is what she does; this is why people love her.

And it’s with this mentality that she releases her new single "The Broken Mirror". Paloma has conjured up a sweet but scary love song focusing on the darker side of emotions. Sounding like a twisted romance from a time gone by, the track takes a beaten path down memory lane, revelling in the death grip of desire associated with that little thing called love.“The mirror has broken what do you see? A million of you and a million of me ” she sings in one of the many lyrics showing that she’s proud to let her emotions get the better of her and cause havoc with her thoughts.

The song is a 70s supremes vibe mixed with a tinge of the present, and the track happily stays in character by not raising the tempo unnecessarily. Paloma restrains her vocals until about halfway through when she precedes to blow away the cobwebs by belting out the chorus and unleashing the full force of her voice. It's not just about the broken mirror or fragments of your own identity, but it's something larger. For her third Worldvision appearance, she is teaming up with upcoming Malta Comino Gozoan singer Elija MiĊelli.

Elija MiĊelli was born on 14 July 1998 in Valletta the Capital City of Malta Comino Gozo, grew up listening to music all the time & and started rapping when he was 8 years old. Music has always interested him. He spent his childhood and youth practising rap and learning tracks from different artists. Biggie, Clin, but most especially the great Eminem has been his source of inspiration.

Learning one song after another has helped him to discover his talent. Yet he did not stop there; at the age of sixteen, he decided to start writing his own songs. A simple instrumental track on YouTube is all he needed to start writing. He then uploaded YouTube covers from his bedroom studio in 2018, fast becoming an internet sensation with hundreds of millions of views. He has since released two EPs of original music, amassed 600 million global streams and placed second in 2021 on a local singing show "Ikanta".

‘Broken Mirror’ is about wanting to change yourself. Not knowing what version of you is the right one. Wanting to be all different kinds of people all at the same time and a journey of discovery. It makes being truly seen by others feel even more special, precisely because you can recognize the struggle and independence within each other’s cracks. Moving on from a relationship, your scars are still visible.’

Key:Paloma Elija Both

The cheers ring out throughout the arena but for the viewers, the screen is a fuzzy grey, not from any special effects but from the stage which is veiled in the lightest of mists amongst the darkness. Situated just in front of her microphone the cameraman hangs there. Before the music played Paloma's stiletto footsteps (enhanced through added audio) echoed like stones off a cobbled street as she stepped forward through the mist elegantly approaching the microphone her figure slowly becoming visible. The percussion and brass instruments of the song begin and the crowd cheers. More of Paloma came into view so we could see what she was wearing. The blouse of her dress were vaguely of a gipsy cut, all done in syrupy browns and shades of violet flecked with white that seemed to undulate of their own volition. The skirt consisted of a fade of dark blue and ruffled tiers of burnt orange satin that ended in a ragged hem just above the ankle as if the seamstress had suddenly been called away before completing her task. A spidery black lace bodice consummated the ensemble. In the dress she felt feminine and strong, all the best parts of womanhood blossoming into a broad smile. Crystal white earrings dangled beside her ears.

All the while her expression remains sorrowful and discouraged. Her pencil-thin eyebrows eased down gently to her black, beetle’s-leg eyelashes. Her cheeks were touched softly with a light white blush to add a subtle glow. When she broke into a smile, her beguiling, oyster-white teeth lit up the room. Filed to perfection, her Venus-red fingernails ran through her nougat-brown hair. Spools of it plunged and curled around her photogenic face and hid a swan’s neck, elegant and smooth. Her Eden-green eyes like two beryl-green jewels melted onto the snow. Her calamine-pink lips captivated everyone.

Behind her right-hand side stands a tall, wide, battered two-sided old mirror standing in an upside down "V". The mirror had a pretty patina upon its faded gold frame, the glass made all the more charming by its black freckles and cracks. With a shot from behind Paloma's head, we see her gazing into the mirror. The mirror's glass is a LED screen and portrayed on it, was a reflection of Paloma staring as she was on stage, BUT, not of what she looked like now but dejected and ruined, with tear-smeared mascara flowing down her gentle cheeks. The reflection sings back with some clever LED trickery. The camera fades briefly to black before it fades back to Paloma, this time facing forwards so we have a close-up from her neck up. She is lit by a dim bone-white spotlight. As she sings "There's a thousand miles ahead, That start with a single step" she delicately unfurls her index finger out from the fist that sits above the right of her collarbone towards the camera. The lights of the stage flash white around her on the last word (step). The camera cuts to an upper diagonal on her left and makes it's way inwards slowly, all the while she sings out towards the audience, calmly with a tinge of sorrow to her tone and aching with sympathy. Her face remained gloomy. All the while the stage reminded dark apart from the rigid spotlight shining on Paloma and the subtle flashes for every fifth beat lining up with the brass instruments on the backing track. The camera gently cuts back to the earlier angle from the neck up as she sings "The mirror has broken, Tell me what do you see?"

When you face the broken mirror
You only see your heart's regret
There's a thousand miles ahead
That start with a single step
You were never born to hide in silent shame
There's not a woman alive who could play his game
The mirror has broken
Tell me what do you see?

The camera gently zooms outwards slowly through the chorus. The gentle mist still wafting over her feet. Her face contorted as though she was struggling not to cry. The sadness drained through her rather than skating over her skin. It travelled through every cell to reach the ground. She filtered it yet, strangely enough, she kept what was pure and it was the dirt that left her. A semi-distant, rugged yet charming manly voice can now be hard dueting the chorus flawlessly. Her body remained stiff and fixed to the spot but her free arm was elegantly and calmly stretched out, she lifted it gently, palm up until the last line where her fingertips then delicately stroked her left cheek. She ends the chorus in the same way as before, with a shot from behind Paloma's head of her singing into the broken mirror. The camera zooms into the glass for the final line before circling around to the side before fading into black.

The mirror has broken what do you see?
A million of you and a million of me

Huge cheers erupt as the camera zooms out and on the other side of the mirror who was cleverly hidden from view this whole time, is Elija. He now looks like he is the only one on stage as he is cast in the same dim white spotlight. He is wearing a black suit cut to precision, bold across the shoulders, with gentle lines around the waist, it snugged him with every subtle movement he made. His snow shite shirt shone through the black. His ash brown hair was neat yet shiny due to some gel but resting on the top of the ears, combed to both sides and split over the right eye with some lonely straws pinching his nose. He rocked a small goatee beard that gently framed his mouth.

Singing with conviction towards the camera that's off to our left slightly he doesn't lose eye contact with the camera. The mirror captures everything as a real reflection. We hear Paloma echo the line ("Like so many other hearts") and Elija scrunches his body and his left hand into a fist and brings it near to his heart and droops his head in desperation. He turns round to the mirror and lays his right hand on the weathered golden frame with a thud and leans against it, anger boiling up inside on the verge of a breakdown as he sings "I've been held here every day". The camera again is slightly left centre with the mirror to the right of our screens. We can make out the whole of his reflection clearly in the mirror but this time we can see a man singing back, his eyes watery, with roughed hair and red cheeks. He had the look of one with a soul intact, yet hiding as a child may from monsters imagined or real. His angelic vocals echo and howl dramatically as the pain builds up inside of him, and we can hear some audible cheers. For the last line, the camera moves in towards the mirror line, and his reflection turns and walks away into the darkness.

The futures unspoken
Who do you see?
The one on the outside,
That's not me!
Like so many other hearts
(Like so many other hearts)
Mine wanted to be free!
I've been held here every day
Since you've been away from me
My reflection in the mirror
It's such a hurtful sight...

Elija's vocals triumphed over Palomas for this half of the chorus and Paloma reigned it in before unleashing for the second half of the chorus. All the while the stage remains dark apart from the spotlights on the duo. With the mirror directly behind him now Elija's sung out towards the onstage camera in front of him all the while the stage remained completely black apart from the hazy white light on the mirror and him. He steps backwards and leans his back against the mirror and looks to his left (to the camera and audience) as the camera sweeps anticlockwise around to the otherwise of the mirror where Paloma is doing the same, leaning against the mirror but glancing at her right. Her right hand and his left-hand mirror flawlessly, hanging by their sides, only this mirror stopped their palms from joining.

The mirror is broken what do you see?

Kicking up an octave Paloma's voice is higher and rings out. It was goosebump-inducing showing off her incredible range. She was careful not to outsing her male singing partner. The camera turns anticlockwise around the duo twice as they both turn and sing towards the mirror. It spins so we only have an upper body shot. On Elija's side of the LED mirror, he can visibly see a reflection of Paloma crying and singing towards him whereas Paloma sees Elija all crushed singing to her. Both their faces remain anguished and heartbroken. Paloma waves her arms like a conductor for the brief brass part before the next verse.

A shattered reflection staring back at me
Can I trust the person staring I see?
A broken reflection staring back at me

The camera cuts to a whole-body stage shot showing both singers now facing the broken mirror. The lights above them gradually get more radiant and more luminous. Into the darkness, and through the mist the mirror is slowly towed away, breaking the dividing demonstrative, emotional and physical wall between them. Elija duets the first line and Paloma owns the second line. Elija backs away hesitantly in surprise as the mirror disappears before he joins back in as the pair step closer to each other cautiously. Elija reaches a hand towards her as he duets "If I can just let you walk away" before pivoting to look the opposite way. Paloma spreads her left arm out as he turns. The music and percussion fade and the lights cut to black as Paloma drops her head down.

The broken pieces spread the light,
And show a reflection of a life that’s so unfair
If I can just let you walk away
I’m sorry that’s not who I am!

A gentle fade opens up the next camera view as the drums tumble into a restart of a facial shot of a fragile Paloma. She remained firm but her body language fought against the fight to collapse into a heap of tears on the ground. Her eyes twinkled, lightly wet. The stage was awash with dark hues of blue and black. For the first time, the LED background is in use, with huge cracks appearing across them all representing their relationship. Paloma is cast in a crystalline-white spotlight. An enchanting women's choir of voices sings a haunting "Ooh" as the camera pulls away at an angle to reveal Elija now standing at the far right (our left) of the stage. The camera focuses on him with a depth of field wide shot with Paloma seeming a lot nearer than she was. She stands there, defeated looking over. Elija stands under a brighter spotlight with his microphone in his right hand, down by his side. His face is crushed, as the camera begins to blur out the background before a sudden change of heart takes hold. He turns back around as she sings the last line beckoning out, and slowly begins to walk towards the centre.

Tell me, what do you see...?
(Ooh)
In that poisoned mirror of yours.

The pair reconvene in the centre. We have a shot of Eljida being sung to, the back of Paloma's head visible as she does before it cuts to Elija singing towards Paloma the back of his head now visible as the duo confront one another. The pair belt out the second "The mirrors are broken, what do you see?" as they both turn to face the camera which is on the edge of the centre stage facing them. The lights begin to brighten and we can see the cracks better now that have appeared on the screens. The pair touch palms with their free hands as they sing "Was it someone from a distant past?" the camera zooms into the interaction as they do so. The stage gradually begins to lighten, behind their hands, and like a sunrise, the bottom edges began to turn to a darkened blue before melting gradually lighter blues and dark oranges. We have a brief shot of the entire stage from the back of the arena, the crowd awash in blue lights, with hundreds of sparkling phone torches waving in unison. Lights from the edges of the arena shoot out, a cloudy white, encircling the hall.

The mirrors are broken, what do you see?
Faded pictures in a broken glass
Was it someone from a distant past?
A mirror revealing what the woman is feelin!

The lights flash in time with the brass instruments. The camera cuts to Elija. With all his might, nailing his line as he shuts his eyes and bends over slightly, encouraging his entire diaphragm to reach the note. Behind them now a fire curtain of pyro sparks begins raining down adding a luscious golden glow to the stage. The camera cuts to a whole body shot of Paloma on the left of the stage as she belts her line superbly towards the stage camera before doing the same for Elija.

"Ohh!!".
The mirrors broken what do you see?
The mirrors broken what do you see?

The camera pans around the edge of the stage looking upwards as the pyros rain down incredibly. Paloma stretches her left hand towards the audience her hand curved into a loose fist. As the camera pans right to left. She turns to Elija on her right and the pair walks towards each other. The camera cuts to a centre-stage shot. The mirror has reappeared in the centre and the two place their hands delicately on the mirror reaching out towards one another. The verse ends with Paloma looking at her real reflection, her reflection staring back at the viewer before we see Eljia doing the same. The camera cuts to a stage shot quickly as the verse wraps up, the pair let go of the mirror tentatively and their heads drop down. The camera fades to black.

Cos it's breaking, Breaking my heart
To watch her stare into the glass

Tell me boy what do you see...?
Oh!
A broken reflection staring back at me!

Humongous roaring cheers erupt in the Richmond Pavillion as the lightning turns back on. The camera briefly pans the hall, everyone on their feet, flags waving haphazardly with "MCG!" chants echoing. The pair separated by the mirror still exchanged a massive smile towards one another. Before calmly walking towards each other and embracing. It was done. It was simple but it was captivating. Paloma never tired of the WorldVision stage and always brought something different each time. Elija's face was beaming as an audible " We did it!" comes from his mouth quietly. The pair join hands and raise the mics high into the air and bow together, "Grazzi Richmond." The pair speak softly. No jumping, no screaming, no chanting. Humbled, they would reflect on the moment with a placid tone and then celebrate away from the cameras.
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:52 am, edited 27 times in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Alezian Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alezian Union » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:14 am

”Little Bit Insane”
Singer : Liz Dannounavais
Composer : Emilie Sattelie, Liz Dannounavais
Lyricist : Emilie Sattelie, Liz Dannounavais
Tune : Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You

BACKGROUND

The protests are gone. Because thanks to Azla, the Alezian Union has returned to shape! And the country is back at it for more music enjoyment for the international listeners!

Previously, before reunification, North Alezia (who debuted at the 82nd edition of the Worldvision Song Contest in Tiferet, Ertzei Kishim) and South Alezia (who debuted at the 83rd edition of the Worldvision Song Contest in St. Christopher, Llalta) used to participate separately, with results for each being different as night and day.

After Reunification happened, the four regions of the isles started to compete together under one flag. The system initially used was a cycle system where all four regions got a chance to represent the region. And actually, the system initially worked fine with the Alezian Union receiving top 10 every edition. The Alezians had a success story so massive that it won the right to host the competition for the 93rd edition, and eventually winning the competition whole the edition later with Mosin-Naganese partnership of Aziz-Lutfi Garanov and the Time-Killers.

However, Alezia's luck started to shift negatively after the victory, where complacent attitude forced the nation to stay under top 10 position for every edition, one time even getting last place. This caused the nation to be angry at the Alezian Broadcasting Authority for not taking the contest seriously. And such, the cycle rule was trashed for a new "national final every edition" system with Operation:Worldvision.

After a decent start of 20th place using the new system, the next winner (Muhammad Azlouwevijk) brought Alezia a surprising return to the top 10 position for the first time in 7 editions. And as such, optimism returns for your local day-to-day Alezian WorldVision fan with Liz Dannounavais competing for Alezia in Richmond.

ARTIST INFO

Liz Emillieura Dannesviella Marthalvadais or more known by her shortened name which eventually became her stage name Liz Dannounavais is a North Alezian singer, actor, and former idol. Born in Las Araminhaes on 11th of November 1992, she has shown her talents in singing and acting, participating in various musical competition and films with her famous appearance in "The Everything Theatrical Drama", where she performed as Madam Karina.

Her talents brought her to be accepted into the third generation of Alezian J-POP Idol group ZFI48 in 2014, becoming one of 5 Aramnans to be picked for the idol group for that generation (If you're wondering, no, Azla isn't in the whole writing-songs-for-JPOP thing yet. So the two hasn't met until Operation:Worldvision). She performed many songs and dances and was commonly elected as the top 20 best members for two years of her career in the group. She personally "graduated" in 2016 (aka left the group) on her own will due to her age and her dreams of continuing her career to other ventures.

Although she entered University later than the usual age for the Alezian Union, she finished university early and earned a degree in Performing Arts at the prestigious University of Zafizamarrah in 2020. After that, she started her own solo career as an actress who just so happens to know how to sing as well. Her singing abilities brought her to her old best friend in senior high school who is a music composer, Emillie Sattelie. Emillie then suggested that Liz tries for WorldVision Song Contest.

SONG INFO

The song came about while Liz and Emillie reminisce about their time in the senior high school they went to together. They decided to write the song in a genre that was popular in North Alezia at the time, called "Schoolstyle Rock" (called such due to the genre being a favourite of North Alezian students). The song got selected from hundreds others to participate in the North Alezian regional preselection called "The Carlisle Song-Show". The song itself won its' semifinal (semifinal 1) with 97 points, and then also earned second place in the final with 92 points; which gave Liz the right to participate in Operation:Worldvision.

In Operation:Worldvision, due to her second place, Liz was scheduled to compete for the spot to represent the Alezian Union in the WorldVision Song Contest 103. The episode was the smallest ever, with only four countries (Waisnor, Malta Comino Gozo, Beepee, and Aenglide) voting as international juries. And due to that, while the previous winners of the Operation won with more than 100 points, Liz won the right to represent the Alezian Union at the 103rd WorldVision Song Contest with 98 points. However, her victory is a very deserved one as all of the voting regions and countries gave the song gave the song top 3 scores (8, 10, and 12 points)

The song itself talks about a senior high school (like in Indonesia, high school is divided into junior and senior high school) student who used to dream for love and don't hope for perfection. However, fate decided that she's destined to be stuck with someone that she considers annoying (that she hated her fate so much that she said that she won't believe in fairytales anymore) while the other also considers her as annoying as well. Initially, hijinx ensues as both tried avoiding each other. However, eventually they learned that they actually love each other and hope for a future together.

The performance that will be used for the WorldVision live broadcast emphasizes a lot of Alezian youth culture at the time, including the school life where school uniforms were still being worn until 2012, where all students are given the freedom to wear anything as long as it's appropriate. Back then, school uniforms were a debate issue that separated the young (who supported free choice of appropriate clothing in the name of bringing North Alezia into the present and to remove a lot of expenses from providing uniforms and instead giving free clothes for those in need) and the old (who supported keeping the uniform for the sake of tradition). In the end, the uniform rule was revoked and from 2012 onwards, children are free to wear any clothes as long as it's appropriate in a school setting.

Another thing that reminiscent of Alezian school life in the past is the blackboard and the supplemental information that is written on it. In Alezian schools, on the top right part of the blackboard, the date of the lesson and the location of the classroom would be written. And every day, the date would be changed. However, in the present, as Alezian classroom moved to smartboards (including surprisingly secret South Alezian classrooms), the date would change automatically, ending the tradition.

PERFORMANCE

(The fireworks-filled postcard ended and a screen shows the information of the Alezian entries as the stage prepares for the rocking 2000s-style Alezian Rock. The stage was initially dark before it slowly lights up)

(The guitar strungs marks the performance start as a camera moves to view closing up towards a blackboard. It shows the host city and the live broadcast's date on the top right part of the blackboard, with most of the blackboard showing the main topic of the 3 and a half minute musical lecture: Heartbreaking 101 and Making Up 101).

(Liz entered the view, behind her a standing microphone, wearing a North Alezian pre-2012 Senior High School uniform. The performer sung her first lines as the LEDs behind showing the cursive "Destiny has Fabled", before the screen shows a hand erasing "has Fabled" with a rubber eraser and swished away the residue before rewriting "predicted".)
Destiny has fabled,
That one day I'll find love
Destiny predicted,
That one day you'll love me

(The camera zoomed out again before changing its view to show a camera moving to the left following Liz's steps. The LED background shows Liz's shadow as it follows behind, followed by traces of pencils and writings. She met with her team of a drummer, two guitarist, and one keyboard player. She stopped before looking at the camera and pointed her finger upwards, prompting the camera to also face upwards and move to a glow transition)

But I am not that person,
Who believes in child's tales
Plus the one that they gave,
Is the one that I hate

(The camera looks down to show Liz changing from her school uniform to a rocker uniform with her brown hair let loose, wearing jeans, a black jacket, and black boots to boot with the same white shirt. The camera then zooms out slowly to show the whole stage being showered with lights that turns on and off like crazy on every second interval as the audience in the arena starts flying flags from around the world to the beat)

What beef does love, the world, my life, have?
Is there any time, or place, things to, save?
You gotta be so numb, and a bit dumb,
Cause I'm, a little, bit insane!

(The lights calmed as the camera shows a close-up of Liz singing again from the front until the third sentence where the camera changed to a steadicam showing the team playing along to the tune. The steadicam then shows Liz from the left side from the stage where Liz looked at the camera and "pushed" the camera away for a transition)

I blame my years living, for being so naive,
I blame your existence, for being so tempting
I blame those dumb fairytales, for messing up my head
Never once I'd thought that,
One I hate turn to love

(As the guitar strungs become stronger, the scene zoomed out harshly showing a stage crazy with lights. Each guitar strung before the scene changes again to show Liz running away from the team. Liz ran to the island stage using the ramp as audience waving flags and other things can be seen by the camera too. Energetically, Liz successfully sang the reff before stopping in the island stage)

Cause I'm, a little, bit insane

(The transmission then quickly went black for a while before turning back on again for the creme de la creme, showing a close up of Liz singing as her hair was blown away by a wind machine as the scene zooms away)

Your existence,
a headache in my head.
But the way that you love me,
is like a migraine med, oh yeah.

(The lights on the stage lights up again following the beat, with each beat and light becoming more violent, showing split seconds of the drums, the guitars, the pianos playing in harmony as Liz shouted to the audience "CMON WORLD, LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM!" which was met with screams from the audience. As the moment the reff was approaching once again for the last time, a close up of Liz was shown once again as she screamed the final reff...)

(which prompted the final staging, fireworks being used to give that finale feel together with the lights used. Once again this was met with a happy audience. Singing the reff once again, while doing that, Liz ran back from the island stage to the main stage)

(The camera moves to show a scene where Liz rotated in a quick small circle before playing along with her backings. The team did their best to sing to their abilities, just as shown to the audience. During the last part of the verse, the band lipsynced each phrase until the scene stops with Liz points at the camera prompting a change of scenery to show the last part)

(The last guitarist who did the last strung got the spotlight for himself for the last part of the song before he finally stopped. The stop was met with a stop in fireworks before it shot once again for the last time.)

(The audience roared in applause (especially the Alezians) to the Alezian entry. Liz shouted "THANK YOU SO MUCH STRAYAROOS, THANK YOU SO MUCH WORLD! ROCK ON!" where she was shown gathering around the team who made the instrumental just more fantastic. The team left the stage for the Placely Placingtonian entry...)
Last edited by Alezian Union on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:57 am, edited 14 times in total.
THE ALEZIAN UNION

Member of the WMCAverse
Waisnor / Malta Comino Gozo / Carrelie / ALEZIAN UNION

Read The Alezian Union: The Comic HERE!

Winner of Worldvision 94,103, and 107
Runner-up of Worldvision 83 (through NA), 104, and 105, WHF 55, and JWHF 9

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:56 am

18. Adab Withdrawn
Last edited by Adab on Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Placely Placington
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Placely Placington » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:20 am

19 - Placely Placington

Dave the Hobo and One of the Akuji Summoners from WV89 - Song Title

Tune: Shooby Taylor - Stout-Hearted Men

Following their third from last place at the last WorldVision Song Contest, where Jim the Grindcore Bloke also choked on his water bottle and Drummer Clone somehow died in a bizarre gardening accident despite being nowhere near a garden, it was time to send something that would hopefully go a bit better. And who better to send than Dave the Hobo, who'd also be sending a nice, jaunty little tune that should go down with everyone. Or at least it would be if it weren't for an unexpected and possibly unwanted guest. One of the Akuji summoners from WorldVision 89 managed to survive being turned into a pile of Red Kola by Flynn Taggart, one of the Elejamian commentators back when they took part. And now they've tagged alongside Dave in an attempt to summon their dark lord once more. Will it work? Probably not but we'll see.

Sorry if this is a bit lower-effort than normal, hosting the 67th World Hit Festival really ate up a lot of my time and creativity.

We all know how this goes. The postcard plays and we cut to the stage. There, we see Dave the Hobo sitting in a cardboard box that's a little bit too small for him as if it was a chair, complete with his usual cheap keyboard you'd see in music classrooms on his lap. To one side of him was some bloke dressed in some cloaks. Oh yeah, there was some scant, arhythmic clapping from the audience. When that stopped, Dave turned his keyboard on, keyed in the right code and, just as he started playing, his guest started singing.

FLURP, SPLINK SPLANK SPLONK, SPRINK SPRANK SPRONK, SPNINK SPNANK SPNONK
JIM JAM JOM, JIM JAM JOM, JIM JAM JOM
FLURBY DANG DOOT FWIMP FWOMP, DANGY DOOP FLAMK FWUNK FEEP SPLURP
FLOMT, SPRINK SPRANK SPRONK, SPLINK SPLANK SPLONK, SKRINK SKRANK SKRONK
SPLAMPY FLONK, DINGY DONG, SPLOMPY SPLORPS
DINGADY SPLEEP SPLOP, DINAGADY DANG DONG FLIP FLORP
FLIRK, SPLINK SPLANK SPLONK, SPTINK SPTANK SPTONK, SPRINK SPRANK SPRONK
SPYINK SPYANK SPYONK, SPLANKY-SPLOO
SPRONKY-SPROOPS FLIMP BLONG, DINGA-DONGA GRAT DONGO

Dave kept playing but occasionally glanced over to his guest, as if he was noticing something wrong. Placely Placington may be a strange place but even they don't usually have people starting to hover in the air.

SKLANK, FLOOBY FLOO FLANKY DANKY DONGY FWIP POOPITY
FLOMP FWEEP FOMP GOMP SOMP ZOMP DANG DING DONG
DANGILY DANG DONG, DOONKITY DOONKA DANKO

Fortunately, due to there being only one summoner compared to the few that graced the stage in Äuszer, the effects weren't as powerful. It took the guest a little bit longer to start elevating, the golden glow was taking much longer to actually glow and the cloaks weren't even dissolving into ash yet. But, nevertheless, Dave kept a good eye on the guest.

SKLUNK, SPLORPITY DANKY DOOGY DONKY DOO SPLAMPY SPLIP SPLOPS
SFLOONK, SPLAPPITY DOOFY DONGO HANKITY FLOMPY FLIMP FLORPS
FLEMP GRANKITY GRANKITY FLEMP GRANKITY GRANKITY
STNUNK SPLOMPILY FNOMPY POOPY GROOPY FNOOPY PLOOPY ZROOPY HTOOPY

FLAMP FLOMPITY DINGY DONGER HANKITY HANKO HANKY FLOMK
FLUMK POOPITY POOPY ROOPY ROOPITY DINGY DONGER
SPLONKY SPLONKY SPLONKY SPLONKY SPLONKY SPLONKY SPLONKY SPLONKY
FNOMP BUMMITY HUMMITY-DO HUMMITY HUMMITY HUMMY DING DONG
FLEURNK FLIBBITY BLIBBITY BLIBBITY BLIBBITY BLIBBITY BLIBBITY BLIBBITY
FNEURK FLIBBITY BLIBBITY BLIBBITY BLIBBITTY BLIBBTY BLIBBY BLOBBY[/box]

OK, now the cloaks were starting to dissolve into ash, albeit very slowly. Normally you'd expect the audience to be concerned by it but, due to the Akuji summoner being weak enough to not actually summon their dark lord, they were instead mildly bored.

JIM JIMMA JOMMA JUMMA JUMMA JUMMA JUMMA JIM JOM! JUMMY JIM JAM! EEEE BLEE GLEE
GREUNK JIMMILY GRIMMIMITY GRIMMITY JIMMA JIMMA JIM JOM
PRINK PRONK GLINK GLONK SRINK SRONK HRINK HLONK
DANG DANG DANG DANG! DING DANG DONG DANG!
DOO-OONG! DANG DANG DING DANGY DOONKA

SPLOOO POOPITY ROOPY DOOP ROOPITY ROOPY ROOP POOP
FNOOO POOPITY ROOPY POOP ROOPITY ROOPO
HRANK SPLOOPITY SPLOOPA DOOPA FNOOPITY SPLOOPY SPLOOP SPLUP
DINGY DONGER DINGY DONGER DINGY DONGER DOP SPROP

OK, now it was starting to turn into the Pain Elemental-looking fucker we all have vague recollections of. The cloak had finally dissolved into ash, which faded away as normal. It had rised about a foot off the ground. And it was glowing a fairly dim gold as well. Oh yeah, it was also shapeshifting into the form I mentioned earlier. This seemed to bug Dave, who kept looking at it, but he kept playing his keyboard as if nothing was actually happening.

SHPLINK SPLINKITY SPLINKY SPLONKY SPLONKITY SPLINKO SPLONKO
SHPLEURNK SPLINKITY SPLINKY SPLANKY SPLONKITY SPNINKO SPNONKO
HANKITY GRANKY DONKY DONK SPLOOPY POOPY
DANG DING DONG DONG DONG DONG DING DONG, JIMMITY GRIMMA JIMMA GRIMMITY

During the instrumental break, Dave had finally had enough. He put the keyboard down and, as his bread bag-covered feet kept playing the song with somewhat perfect accuracy, he pulled out a giant broom from his box and started hitting the guest with it with the bristled side making "thoomp" sounds as it hit the guest. Repeatedly. "Get the hell out of here!" he said with a real fire in his voice. "You're turning my harmony joy ride into a war hell ride!" The guest, however, didn't budge. It just growled at Dave while it tried to break free. Eventually it launched out a tentacle which planted itself into the middle of Dave's forehead. That didn't deter him from hitting it with the broom. As it tried to suck up all the colour and coat the audience in the peach-coloured liquid that had rendered the audience in Äuszer immobile, both of which failed due to its power being too weak and the liquid moving slower than pitch to the point where the universe would've been gone for two and a half weeks by the time it would've reached the audience, it then resumed its chants to try and summon its dark lord.

BLOONG, FLIBBITY BLIBBY BLIBBY BLIBBITY BLIBBO FLIBBO DONGY
FNOONG, FLIBBITY BLIBBY BLOBBO BLIBBITY FLIBBY FLIBBO
SKRONG BLIBBY FLIBBY FLOBBY FLIBBITY BRIBBY BRIBBY
DINGY DONGER DINGY DONGER JIMMA JIM JOM JIMMITY JOM
SKLONK HUMMITY GRUMMA HUMMA GRUMMITY DINGY DONGO
SPLOMP HUMMIT[Y GRUMMA HUMMA GRUMMITY SPLOMPY DOMPY
ZRONK HUMMITY GRUMMA HUMMA GRUMMITY ZRINKY ZRONKY
DANGY DOONGY DANGY DOONGY AKUJI RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!

Towards the end of the song, Dave had hit the monster in a way that pretty much killed it. Rather than glitch and corrupt as its predecessor before it, it shook before it let out a pop, followed by the necessary spraying of delicious Red Kola. However the force of the pop pretty much caused Dave to fly off to one side where he hit the side of the stage before falling over. However, even in death he couldn't stop playing his instrument. And, indeed, it seemed like he was merely knocked out when, all of a sudden, a giant piano fell out of the sky and landed on top of him, presumably dropped by a butter-taloned eagle. Oh dear, what a shame. Anyway, who's next?
Last edited by Placely Placington on Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Obligatory wacky and "so random" puppet that you all know and are probably sick and tired of, brought to you by Elejamie.

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:00 am

20. Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Maribelle Simmons - Love to Grow
tune

Maribel Simmons

Background: Maribelle Simmons is an up-and-coming artist in Caryton who is gaining increasing recognition for her ballads, swing, and folk music. Her entry into WorldVision is unprecedented, as her entries are mostly secular in nature. "Love to Grow" is her debut into WorldVision, a ballad of a first love- a love of somebody far out of the person's league.

PERFORMANCE

-

Stunned and speechless,
I’m left by the driveway, entranced- wond’ring, but-
Unknowing, unrequited, he let the door shut.
Leaving my love-
Just leaving it to grow.

The song opens with total darkness, giving way to a lone spotlight shining down on Maribelle, in a glittery grey dress with her hair done up in a conservative-looking bun, signaling maturity and growth. She is surrounded by wisps of grey smoke. As the screens flicker to life, giving the performer a halo of pink, yellow, and purple, the meaning behind the contrast becomes obvious. Maribelle is narrating an event in her youth. The cameras naturally drift from Maribelle to the screens, focusing on the events unfolding on them. The stirring introduction gives way to her singing, and when she starts singing, the presentation begins.

A teenage girl, characterized with thick-rimmed glasses, slightly pudgy appearance, and tacky clothing choices (even for Caryton's standards) is standing forlorn-looking on the driveway of a typical Carytonic rural neighborhood idyll. Her first love has just walked her back from school, and she looks longingly as an oblivious brown-haired sunday-best teenage boy closes the door, ignorant of her. It's hard for the audience to even focus on this male though, because through skillful use of lighting, the male is obscured by bright white beams of light, giving him a halo that almost symbolizes that he's too "good" for this world- or more specifically, a girl like her.

The girl looks hurt by the lack of reciprocation, but as the scene fades out a spark of resolution becomes apparent in her eyes.

He’s simply so pristine-
He’s simply too innocent and unaware- and clean- to mean
Anything more meaningful than “you’re a friend”, it seems
He’s leaving my love-
Just leaving it to grow.

Maribelle (the modern one) smiles humored as she reminisces in song, nearly chuckling as she narrates the events. The younger version of herself is pictured in her adolescent bedroom, writing in her diary. In the margins are dreamy scribbles of a boy and a girl dancing together. Other memories pass by in a hazy grey flash, the color impeded by the forlorn nature of the ballad. The perfect boy helping her up from falling, protecting her from female bullies, helping her study in a crowded library. How could he not love her? How did he not know? Was he ignorant, or was she desperate and lonely? Regardless, first love is first love and there continues to remain a mystical, magical familiarity to the feelings.

Someday he’ll see it grow!
My heart, my mind, my soul, would be so full!
If he’d see what’s hiding in plain sight-
He’d see my love and grow.

[instrumental]

For a moment, the focus shifts back to the real life Maribelle. The grey adornment, combined with her adult appearance, signals a dramatic change in demeanor. However, even this Maribelle still can't seem to get over the one that got away. The grey wisps of smoke circle her like a twister. The camera pans out, showcasing the smokeworks and her vocals. She sways into her words as if singing them were touching a desire she had long forgotten, and the want was bleeding fresh once more.

During the instrumental, the real life Maribelle walks from one side of the stage to the other. In the wake of clearing smoke, she picks up an old diary with a satisfied smile on her face. She flips open the cover and begins reading, feeling the pages dreamily. She reminisces of her youth, batting her emotional eyes back up to the screen, a perfect segway back into the bridge...

Someday he’ll see it grow!
My heart, my mind, my soul, would be so full!
If he’d see what’s hiding in plain sight-
He’d see my love and know.

The diary scene on the screen ends, and cuts to a double-shot of both the real life Maribelle and the younger version of her singing the bridge at the same time in their respective settings with a look of conviction on their faces. The cameras make sure to capture this duality.

Bittersweet and longing,
I’m left with nothing but him in my tear-soaked dreams.
Too pure to give his heart to me right now it seems-
I hope he’s just leaving it-
Just leaving my love to grow…

Now all of the focus is on the screen. In the darkness of her bedroom, a tucked in young Maribelle looks up to the ceiling, singing with a pained expression on her face. She is in disbelief and anguish, processing that her first crush will remain just that- a fantasy. Still, the denial is palpable.

I hope he’ll see it grow…

The real life Maribelle fades into darkness, leaving only the bed-ridden depiction on the screen to repeat the line. During the instrumental flourish, a sparkling tear slides down the young girl's right cheek, the screen around it going dark until only that tear is visible.
Last edited by Spiritual Republic of Caryton on Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

Jencilland
Secretary

Founded: Aug 26, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jencilland » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:44 am

21~~Jencilland~~#JEL

"Saeratonnhívha (Seratonin)"

Sung and written by: Mayahán Vaßei ft. Geor Gia

Language: Jencillandi

Tune: Adrenalina by Senhit

Ül sentáiha hïïeúproiia
Ül perenzáiha yléste ëwourd
Méy csentáihuo eou ül
ø, ø, ø,
Ül oudiouháiha eou méy
Se qekele yléste qekeláihe
Méy ylestéihuo hüjöt
Ø, Ø, Ø

Ül ylestéiha sïm oñebel
emte shrë ül
Kumoutá méy nau
Sïm saeratonnhívha
Ül sïm saeratonnhívha
Ül ylestéiha sïm oñebel
emte shrë ül
Kumoutá méy nau
Sïm saeratonnhívha
Ül sïm saeratonnhívha
Saeratonnhívha

Ül sentáiha hïïeúproiia
Ül perenzáiha yléste ëwourd
Méy csentáihuo eou ül
ø, ø, ø,
Ül oudiouháiha eou méy
Se qekele yléste qekeláihe
Méy ylestéihuo hüjöt
Ø, Ø, Ø

{Chorus}

Ye' Me' Hoj' Lætí
Mey maháuse qekele
Xó' sh' cseboi
Kannibáulisma

Atilorohismíniouriasmö
Catøúrötholoucilayïsmö
Sïkïnïrïšismö
Difföur rhémnigü

Ül leváiha shre ül
Me' levaiha shre ül
qonómi qomómi?
Ül lestéiha méy

Ül ylestéiha sïm oñebel
emte shrë ül
Kumoutá méy nau
Sïm saeratonnhívha
Ül sïm saeratonnhívha
Ül ylestéiha sïm oñebel
emte shrë ül
Kumoutá méy nau
Sïm saeratonnhívha
Ül sïm saeratonnhívha
Saeratonnhívha
Saeratonnhívha

Ül ylestéiha sïm oñebel
emte shrë ül
Kumoutá méy nau
Sïm saeratonnhívha
Ül sïm saeratonnhívha
Last edited by Jencilland on Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Flusia
Secretary

Founded: May 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Flusia » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:47 pm

:::22. FLUSIA:::
Bad Thoughts - Once Upon a Time

THE ARTIST

From left to right: Czészar, Taber, and Martin

Bad Thoughts are a pop group originating from North Kirha formed in 2013. The lineup consists of vocalist Taber Zabó, pianist and guitarist Czészar Neumann, and violinist and producer Martin Kokk. Zabó and Neumann have been friends since childhood, and formed a predecessor group in 2011. The current iteration of the band was created a few years later when Kokk, their college classmate, joined the group for producing purposes. Bad Thoughts are known for their orchestral melodies, melodramatic lyrics pertaining to themes such as lovesickness and loneliness, and visually stunning live shows, which has made them one of Flusia’s most popular alternative acts, with fans patiently waiting for a mainstream breakthrough. Bad Thoughts are performing at Worldvision after winning the right to compete by coming in first place in the reality series “Our Star for 103!”

THE SONG

Zabó and Neumann wrote “Once Upon a Time” a few months prior to performing it at OSF103, initially intending it as a track on an upcoming EP, before deciding to release it as a standalone single. Czészar explained the inspiration and some of the meaning of the song on an episode of popular Flusian music podcast “Nude Beach”:

MARIA: So, tell me, Czészar…What made you want to write this song? Why did you decide to make it?

CZÉSZAR: Once upon a time, no pun intended, I wrote the violin instrumental in the song while creating material for our album Vault a few years back. Taber thought it was this beautiful, heart-wrenching sound, and he wanted to find a place for it on the album, but it didn’t exactly match the themes present so it got shelved.

MARIA: Right, yes. So how did you end up putting the violin track in this song?

CZÉSZAR: A few months ago, Taber and Martin came to the studio after they had been on the metro, and Taber says “I just saw two young people get engaged on the platform at Tölgy Utcai and it was wonderful.” And I said. “You should write a song about that.” The next day, he comes back with a full set of lyrics about this, like, borderline obsessive love. I feel like this is too good not to record, so I compose a piano track to go alongside the violin, and the rest is history.

Whether it can take the Bad Thoughts to glory at Worldvision, however, is up to the fans to decide.

ARRIVING IN STRAYAROOS

Bad Thoughts arrived in Richmond days before rehearsal was set to begin, and many were shocked to discover upon arrival at the airport that a small delegation of Flusian fans had come to greet them, gifting them gingerbread cookies and, of course, alcohol. In addition to appearing on radio and television, the band also went on various adventures around Richmond. Also, Taber ended up making this shocking revelation:
At the flag parade, Bad Thoughts did not disappoint, each of them holding a different end of a massive Flusian flag, while also wearing plastic crowns, representing Flusia’s Grand Duke. Martin even brought with him a stuffed Flusian eagle, which he threw to a lucky fan in the crowd as he left the stage.

The arena remains somewhat abuzz following the previous performance, while fans eagerly anticipate Bad Thoughts’ performance as the postcard segment comes to an end. out of the darkness, a piano note rings. The lights come on, and the camera focuses on Czészar, playing the first few notes of the song on a black grand piano on the right corner of the stage. He appears incredibly concentrated on his keyboard. He is wearing a T-shirt, long pants, and old-fashioned sneakers, all of which is in a monochrome, slightly faded red color scheme. After he finishes with the opening, the camera pans slightly and focuses on a white 1991 Ford Crown Victoria in the background, the interior of which is illuminated in red. We cut to a frontal view of the car, showing Taber in the driver’s seat, right hand gripping the steering wheel.
Once upon a time, I was not sure where to go
I was tortured by all the things I didn’t know
Then one day I met you, and my heart opened it’s gates
We relate, so why don’t we change our fate?

While singing the final line of the verse, Taber opens the car door and exits. As he slams it shut again, the interior lights stop being red, and instead flash white twice, in beat with the song. Taber is revealed to be wearing a similar outfit to Czészar, except his is faded monochrome blue, and has the addition of a white hoodie jacket. The main LED screen in the back has also turned on, appearing as a nighttime view of the Richmond skyline. While Taber slowly shys away from the car, it continues the flash twice whenever that particular beat comes up. After briefly cutting to Martin, who is wearing the same outfit as Czészar, but monochrome faded pink, soulfully playing the violin, we are treated to a wide view of the led screen, as the vision of Richmond explodes into multiple shards and the remaining led triangles lighting up in extremely light blue.
Once upon a time, I fell into your arms
You crept into my head, and you set off the alarms
We’re everything we need, so why don’t we run away?
Any day, we both know it’s not too late

The LED graphic depicts the glass shards swirling and rotating around, while Taber goes on the move towards the audience and pulls some strange, rigid dance moves. There is a wide shot of the stage as a small group of 6 ballet dancers in dark clothing and masquerade masks wanders onto the stage. The camera cuts back to Martin for a slow zoom into his violin while he absentmindedly turns toward the camera.
We could both be royals, we could share the crown
I’d always lift you up, and I’d never let you down
I’d swear to always love you, so what do you say?
Could be great, so why don’t we change our fate?

The shards on the led screens rearrange themselves into footage of a dark forest, turning the stage lighting dark grey to fit. The ballet dancers have formed a half circle behind Taber, and spin slowly while he moves his hand vigorously as if conversing while he raps. During the line “When you said we weren’t just friends”, the dancers form couples in which one lifts the other up high, and when Taber sings “Then it stopped”, they let their partner down gently while the leds and lights briefly pulse red in conjunction with Taber feigning breathlessness for a moment.
I’m caught in the headlights, I’m thinking of you in my bed when it’s midnight
Reading all the storybooks with my flashlight, I could slay all of your dragons, I’d be your knight
When you said we weren’t just friends, my heartbeat sped up to ten
Then it stopped…then it sped back up again

The camera angle switches to near the catwalk while Taber begins to approach it, moving awkwardly as before, as the dancers break the half circle and perform more elaborate dances and lifts. After the line “There is nothing that we can’t do”, We briefly cut back to Czészar, who now plays much more passionately and emotionally with aggressive hand movements. When the line “Thoughts grip me so hard I’m chokin’” is sung, the camera cuts back to Taber’s face as he reaches out to the audience.
I cannot have any issues, as long as you got me here with you
When I am together with you, there is nothing that we can’t do
My life was never a fairytale, it was a living hell, I always felt blue
Thoughts grip me so hard I’m chokin’, I would be heartbroken if I had to lose you

We zoom out from Taber, giving us a clear view of the LED graphic in the background, which has shifted back to the skyline of Richmond. While singing the chorus again, the ballet dancers move off the stage, and the shards appear to be moving apart slowly. Some lights in the back are beginning to increase in candelas.
Once upon a time, I was feeling insecure
Storm above my head, and I couldn’t find a cure
But then your magic brought me into a better state
Felt so great, And it still isn’t too late

Once upon a time, I was not sure where to go
I was tortured by all the things I didn’t know
Then one day I met you, and my heart opened it’s gates
We relate, so why don’t we change our…fate?

There is a blinding flash of light conveniently serving as a transition to an angle from the back of the stage as Taber comes running back and ends up sliding on his knees onto the stage to start another verse. The camera rotates around while Taber follows it irrationally, and it is revealed that the shards are now bouncing around the screen like crazy, creating an illusion of blinking light. The Crown Victoria from earlier is still there, and while Taber is waving his arms around in the foreground, it is revealed in the background that the interior of the car has actually caught on fire, its warm orange glow illuminating the stage. Eventually, Taber has had enough, and just collapses on his knees as he finishes the song.
…fell into your arms
You crept into my head, and you set off the alarms
We’re everything we need, so why don’t we run away?
Could be great, so why don’t we change our…fate?

The LED shards have all blown of the screen now, and most of the lights are turned off except for a spotlight on each of the band members, leaving everything else in nearly complete darkness. The fire in the car also dies down and smokes out*. The performance ends with a reverse of the opening shot, with the camera panning slightly to the right and focusing on Czészar finishing the song with a piano outro. As he hits the last note, the lights are abruptly cut off, only to come back on again in a few seconds with the band at center stage.

“Dank, World! Goodnight!”

*See, AussieWallabies, it’s a controlled fire!
Last edited by Flusia on Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates