NATION

PASSWORD

VMG :: 2nd Mountain Games :: Chariots [MD8: 2359 UTC 11/30]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Vilitan Mountain Games
Secretary

Founded: Jan 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

VMG :: 2nd Mountain Games :: Chariots [MD8: 2359 UTC 11/30]

Postby Vilitan Mountain Games » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:11 pm

The Tropics of Vilita invite athletes from across the multiverse to compete in the Vilitan Mountain Games, a collection of competitive athletics, specialty events and local traditions from the Vilitan Mountain regions. Spectators and family are welcome to attend to take in the entertainment including traditional dance and entertainment, food and casual games for all ages over the duration of the celebration. The Tropics of Vilita is located in the region of Atlantian Oceania, the oldest remaining major Sporting Region. For a look back at the previous edition check out the prior Vilitan Mountain Games Topic.

The Games are separated into Six major categories: The Heavy Athletics, Lumberjack Competition, Strongman Competition, Kleptochase, Tug of War and Open Events. In the Heavy, Lumberjack and Strongman competitions a single athlete will compete in five distinct events of that discipline with the goal of earning the title in each category. The open events are all contested on an individual basis with no requirement that an athlete compete in multiple events. While many of the events are longstanding traditions in the Vilitan Mountains, some of the games originated elsewhere in Atlantian Oceania including Kleptochase - a head-to-head competition combining maze running, escape room and capture the flag in a thrilling competition that originated in Az-Cz before spreading to Miceland, Bazalonia and further throughout Atlantian Oceania.

Due to the Confliction with the World Cup 92 Finals, this edition of the Vilitan Mountain Games will be streamlined and the Open Events will operate as their own category with condensed Events. To Celebrate World Cup 92, the Tug-of-War Competition will be contested by the teams competing in the Vilitan Half of the World Cup 92 Finals. Other Nations may apply to send a Tug-of-War team in the event on a first-come first-served basis in the event a World Cup 92 Participating Nation opts out of the Tug-of-War or an alternate easy-to-implement format is reached. If there is enough interest from non WC92 nations a parallel Tug-of-War Competition may be held.

Scorination for the Vilitan Mountain Games will follow World Cup Finals scorination for MD 1-6 (SF Scorination). RP Bonus will be light in nature and will be applied by searching the term "VMG" and "Vilitan Mountain Games" in the NS Sports forum before each scorination.

Map of Vilita & Turori

Click Here to Signup via Google Sheets

Signup is via Google Sheets. Simply enter your Nation Name and Trigramme followed by a value (1-3) in each column for the event(s) you wish to enter. If entering multiple events this value must be equal to 2. If entering a single event, a value of 3 is acceptable for that event (even if the sheet yells at you). Do not enter a value of '0' for an event you are not participating in as any data entry will be interpreted as a sign up.

You may also sign up via TG to Vilitan Mountain Games and an entry will be created for you.

NOTE: Although nearly all events are individual events (but Tug of War), you are simply signing up as a nation for the events you wish to send a competitor. Please follow up with your roster in this thread to provide fellow participants the name(s) of your athletes. A non-trivial portion of the RP bonus will be the fact of a roster being submitted. A simple format Roster Template is provided below. Feel Free to add additional relevant information about your athletes. or present your own custom roster.

Code: Select all
[size=120][b][color=#feb958][background=#101828]:: HEAVY ATHLETICS ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[b][NAT] ATHLETE NAME [/b](Biometrics)
[i]Optional Biography[/i]

[size=120][b][color=#feb958][background=#101828]:: LUMBERJACK Competition ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#feb958][background=#101828]:: STRONGMAN Competition ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#feb958][background=#101828]:: KLEPTOCHASE ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#feb958][background=#101828]:: TUG OF WAR ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Tug-of-War                   ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]
[b][NAT] CAPTAIN NAME [/b](Biometrics)
+Rest of Team Members (Up to 14)

[size=120][b][color=#feb958][background=#101828]:: OPEN Events ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Spear Throwing (Accuracy + Distance) ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Cheese Rolling               ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Fire Dancing                 ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Coconut Bowling               ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Strategy Games               ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Mystery Event             ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

A single athlete will compete across five traditional events for the Vilitan Highland Rose, awarded to the overall champion of the Heavy Athletics Discipline at the Vilitan Mountain Games. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. There is no entry limit to this event. This event and its trophy remain purposely unsponsored so as not to over-commercialize the games.

A single lumberjack will compete across five Timbersports events for the Tiones Belt, awarded to the overall champion of the Lumberjack Competition at the Vilitan Mountain Games. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. The Field for this event is limited to between 20-25 competitors. If more competitors sign up than slots available, entrants will be downselected by means of organizers preference and/or qualifying round(s). his event is sponsored by the Tiones Lumber Company.

A single strongman will compete across five challenging strength events for the title of Strongest in the Multiverse. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. The Field for this event is limited to between 20-25 competitors. If more competitors sign up than slots available, entrants will be downselected by means of organizers preference and/or qualifying round(s). This event is sponsored by Inura Extracts of Turori.

Individual competitors will compete in various local and regional specialty events. A single competitor may compete in one or multiple open events which are generally considered less 'serious' than the Heavy, Lumberjack and Strongman events and attract many Amateur competitors. Of note, the Strategy Game tournament will have a single qualifying round with the five competitors earning the highest total Victory Points in their qualifying games advancing to a single game championship and the Tug of War Final will also serve as the conclusion to the games. Coconut Bowling will be added to the Open Events schedule after being a Mystery Event at the previous Vilitan Mountain Games. At least one new Mystery event is planned. Competitors must be registered for the Mystery Event(s) prior to the event being revealed. Medical Care will be available at the bottom of the Cheese Rolling Hill though, like with all events, competitors must sign a release waiver accepting all risk for injury during competition.

Coconut Bowling Info: A Traditional past time in Turori, Coconut Bowling is a favorite at family reunions, weddings and fundraisers throughout the Vilitan Cove. There is also an organized professional body for the sport known as the Coconut Bowling Association (CBA) that hosts occasional tournaments for individuals. A Bowler rolls a coconut down the specified path where ten target pins are positioned in an equilateral traingle. The objective is to knock down all ten pins on the first roll of the coconut (Strike) or on a second roll (Spare). Any pins left standing after two rolls are not scored for the Frame.

OOC / Hosting Information & Tournament Details

- Signups & Rosters: You signup as a nation and you get one entry into an event or discipline that you choose to enter. You define in your roster what athlete(s) are competing in those events.
- Roster Bonus: Considering the latter, "Roster Exists" bonus will be significant. If you want to win an event I do suggest you submit at least a name for your athlete(s) that can be linked in the first post.
- RP Bonus: RP Bonus will be small but potentially impactful considering the above. This is a "Light" competition intended to be a casual, fun, RP enhancer available to anyone in the World Cup 92 Finals, anyone who *wishes* they were in the World Cup 92 Finals and want to live vicariously through participating in a different competition in Vilita, or, anyone else. You are welcome to post Vilitan Mountain Games related RPs anywhere throughout NS Sports so long as there is some relevance or appropriateness to the place you choose to post that RP. Searches will be made for "VMG" and "Vilitan Mountain Games" before any scorination. Otherwise just post it here.[/list]
- Schedule: Scorination will correspond with the Vilitan Host Cutoff for the World Cup 92 Finals.:

MD1 (Approx Nov. 1)
Bake Off
Cheese Rolling
Heavy Athletics: Stone Put

MD2
Fire Dancing
Spears for Distance
Heavy Athletics: Caber Toss
Heavy Athletics: Hammer Throw

MD3
Spears for Accuracy
Tug of War 1st Round
Heavy Athletics: Weight for Distance
Heavy Athletics: Weight for Height
Lumber Jack: Axe Throw
Lumber Jack: Chopping
STRONGMAN: Farmers Walk
STRONGMAN: Keg Toss

MD4/WCQF
Coconut Bowling Qualifying Round
Lumber Jack: Log Run
Lumber Jack: Saw Cut
STRONGMAN: Pillars of Hercules
Kleptochase Initial Rounds

MD5/WCSF
Strategy Games
Coconut Bowling FINALS
Lumber Jack: Tree Climb
STRONGMAN: Vehicle Pull
Kleptochase Knockout Rounds
Tug-of-War

MD6/WC3PP0
Mystery Event Reveal
STRONGMAN: Atlas Stones
Kleptochase Knockout Rounds
Tug-of-War

MD7/WCFIN
Mystery Event
Tug of War Final
Kleptochase FINAL

Last edited by Vilitan Mountain Games on Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:06 am, edited 10 times in total.

Vilitan Mountain Games
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Vilitan Mountain Games » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:12 pm

A single athlete will compete across five traditional events for the Vilitan Highland Rose, awarded to the overall champion of the Heavy Athletics Discipline at the Vilitan Mountain Games. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. There is no entry limit to this event. This event and its trophy remain purposely unsponsored so as not to over-commercialize the games.

Similar to the modern-day shot put, however, instead of a steel shot, a large stone of variable weight is used. Competitors throw the stone from a standing position behind a board known as a trig and have three attempts to launch it as far as possible. The Event Officials will source natural stones from the environment during the week prior to competition collecting up to five stones of similar weight with one designated primary stone for competition.

A long tapered wooden pole is balanced vertically on one end. The Athlete runs forward and attempts to toss the pole end over end and land facing directly away. Event Officials will source local trees during the week prior to competition and construct five poles of similar length weight and diameter with one designated primary pole for competition.

A metal weight is attached to the end of a wooden or other solid material shaft, about 4 feet in length. Competitors stand with their back facing the field and swing the hammer over their heads, before they twist 180 degrees and launch it as far as they can. The athletes may also choose to wear special boots with long blades fixed to the bottom, in order to make sure they stay fixed to that spot in the ground.

The athletes attempt to throw a 4 stone weight with an attached handle over the greatest distance. Competitors may choose from a compact metal weight, a sheaf (Massively Large Bundle of Straw) or may opt to present any 4-stone weight as their apparatus to be approved by Event officials. Regardless of the chosen apparatus, Athletes may only throw it with one hand but may use any technique.

The athletes attempt to toss a 4 stone weight with an attached handle over a horizontal bar using only one hand. Competitors may choose from a compact metal weight, a sheaf (Massively Large Bundle of Straw) or may opt to present any 4-stone weight as their apparatus to be approved by Event officials. Regardless of the chosen apparatus, Athletes may only throw it with one hand, from a standing position, with three attempts to throw the weight over the bar at that height. All competitors that clear a given height will advance to the next height until only one athlete remains.

A single lumberjack will compete across five Timbersports events for the Tiones Belt, awarded to the overall champion of the Lumberjack Competition at the Vilitan Mountain Games. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. The Field for this event is limited to between 20-25 competitors. If more competitors sign up than slots available, entrants will be downselected by means of organizers preference and/or qualifying round(s). his event is sponsored by the Tiones Lumber Company.

A single strongman will compete across five challenging strength events for the title of Strongest in the Multiverse. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. The Field for this event is limited to between 20-25 competitors. If more competitors sign up than slots available, entrants will be downselected by means of organizers preference and/or qualifying round(s). This event is sponsored by Inura Extracts of Turori.

Five heavy round stones increasing in weight in the range of 220–450 pounds (100–200 kg) are lifted and set on platforms of variable height. The Event has a 60 second Time Limit and multiple athletes will compete at a time although all athletes are competing against the clock. Athletes will be ranked according to the number of stones lifted and the time it took to achieve that number with the fastest to lift and place all 5 stones ranked first.

The strongman must pick up two separate implements weighing approximately 150kg, one in each hand, and run (or walk) as far as possible. Once either implements strikes the ground the competitor will have to stop and the distance walked will be measured. The implements will be instrumented to detect the moment of first ground contact.

Competitors must throw an empty beverage keg (15-24 kg) over a bar of increasing height. There is an overall limit of three failed throws before a competitor is eliminated.

The athlete stands between two hinged pillars, gripping handles that prevent the pillars from falling to the side. The pillars are held for the longest possible time

Competitors must pull a heavy wheeled vehicle across a 100-foot (30 m) course as fast as possible. Time is stopped when the designated point on the vehicle reaches the 100ft marker

Individual competitors will compete in various local and regional specialty events. A single competitor may compete in one or multiple open events which are generally considered less 'serious' than the Heavy, Lumberjack and Strongman events and attract many Amateur competitors. Of note, the Bake Off is done over an open flame with ingredients fitting in a single backpack or sourced from the environment, the Strategy Game tournament will have a single qualifying round with the five competitors earning the highest total Victory Points in their qualifying games advancing to a single game championship and the Tug of War Final will also serve as the conclusion to the games. At least one Mystery event is planned where nations may opt to send a competitor with Speed, Strength or Smarts. Competitors must be registered for the Mystery Event(s) prior to the event being revealed. Medical Care will be available at the bottom of the Cheese Rolling Hill though, like with all events, competitors must sign a release waiver accepting all risk for injury during competition.

Competitors must manage temperatures on an open flame as they look to bake their best sweets and treats using only the equipment and ingredients that they can fit in a single backpack. Judges will factor in originality, taste and presentation. This event is sponsored by Cocoa-bo Eatery of Turori

Participants race down a 200-yard-long hill after a round of Vilitan Mountain cheese. The first to catch the cheese is the winner. Subsequent positions will be judged based on order crossing the 200 yard marker at the bottom of the hill. This event is sponsored by Cocoa-bo Eatery of Turori

Competitors will be judged Artistically for their performance in the sport of Fire Dancing

Kleptochase is a sporting event that could be described as akin to maze- running. Each match features two individuals. They each start at points in a constructed grid. Somewhere else in the grid, equidistant from both chasers there is some object, usually an action figure sized stuffed toy in the shape of a gnome. Each chaser has a goal point somewhere else in the grid, again equidistant from the target object. The object of the match is to gather the object and return it to your target area. After one team has gathered the object they become the "thief" and the other chaser becomes the "law". If the law is able to touch the thief with both hands before the thief returns to his goal area, they replay the match. If the law catches the thief in three consecutive matches they play a fourth match that ends when the first player reaches the object. Every course has a certain number, no fewer than 2, of locked doors, traps and other obstacles. These obstacles are defeated using theif-like skills, especially lock-picking.

Competitors will throw Traditional Vilitan Spears at a target 20 yards away being rated on accuracy

Competitors will throw Traditional Vilitan Spears on an open range with the longest throw being the winner

Participants will be randomly drawn into games of up to 6 players playing a common strategy board game "Arcticala Electrical Grid". Winning an individual game does not ensure advancement to the final round as total victory points earned in the game will be the final determination of which participants advance. Victory Points are assigned at 1 point per city powered at the conclusion of the game with total available funds remaining as a tiebreaker. The Final round will be a single game of 6 participants. This event is sponsored by the Arcticala Electrical Company

In order to win, a team must pull their opponents forward by 6 feet using the rope, with the teams pitted against each other in a best of three.

Details Withheld
Last edited by Vilitan Mountain Games on Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chartistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Chartistan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:26 pm

CHARTISTANI NATIONAL SELECTION
Entrants for the 2nd Vilitan Mountain Games

OOC: For RPing purposes, the Chartistan squad for the second Vilitan Mountain Games will mostly consist of those who were granted an opportunity to jump ship from the Cup of Harmony roster over to return to the Vilita Mountain Games. These players did so knowing that they would not compete in footballing competitions for the remainder of the WC92 cycle.

:: OPEN ::Bake Off ::
[CHA] AIR LATTE (Female, dark hair, ponytail)
Having been disqualified from last VMG's Bake Off event for her creation not being considered a "baked good", Air Latte has since refined her cooking skills and is ready to save the tears for another day. She has had one of 99 problems through, now how about that other 98?

:: OPEN ::Cheese Rolling ::
[CHA] KIMMI YAMJUNE (Male, wide grin, dark hair )
Kimmi Yamjune is Chartistan's only defending winner from the previous Vilitan Mountain Games, as he won the Cheese Rolling competition and year's supply of Cocoa-bo beverages that came with it. Often known for being smooth like butter, Yamjune, multi-time captain for Chartistan's national football team, rolled down the hill then and is ready to make a return to defend his crown. He doesn't need permission!

:: OPEN ::Kleptochase ::
[CHA] GABBY "ALPHAFU" YVES (Female, dark hair, yellow eyes)
Gabby. Freaking. Yves. A Kleptochase World Championship Semi-Finalist (Non-AO Finalist too!), a loss to one of the dominant Milchamans was the only thing perhaps standing between her and lifting the finger to the Vilitan Mountain. But of course, times change - The initial hype for Yves died down and she has been starting to work away from what made her Chartistan's next "it" factor. Maybe being indie, edgy and cool isn't gonna cut it anymore.

:: OPEN ::Spear Throwing for Accuracy ::
[CHA] ANNA DELPHINE (Female, blue eyes, blonde hair)
Let's face it. Anna Delphine is not one to be throwing spears anywhere. 3rd to last in Distance. Tied for last in Accuracy. She couldn't get the two pointer to save her life. The weakest link of the Chartistani team? Oh yes. Still wanting to compete? Hell yeah. Just go easy on her this time because she's rolling in the deep bottom of the table.

:: OPEN ::Spear Throwing for Distance ::
[CHA] ANNA DELPHINE (Female, blue eyes, blonde hair)
See Spear Throwing for Accuracy.

:: OPEN ::Strategy Games ::
[CHA] OLISA RODGERS (Female, dark hair, brown eyes)
By far Chartistan's best Arcticala Electrical Grid player, Olisa Rodgers hasn't been even doing much besides playing the game she loved. A 5th place finish on the final table has got her more fired up than ever. Will she get deja vu and fall on the final hurdle?

:: OPEN ::Mystery Event(s)             ::
[CHA] HE STILL FREAKING EXISTS (Male, dark skin, tattoos on neck)
Breeze. The undead zombie of Chartistan. His name seems so lost to time that the sheer mention of the fact that he still exists and still is somehow getting attention in Chartistan is enough to constitute his name. Controversies haven't killed him. Neither has the modern Chartistani way. What can actually stop him from existing? Is Father Time under the influence and going crazy again? The multiverse may never know.
Last edited by Chartistan on Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:45 pm

Since it worked well last time, Zwangzug is sending a delegation entirely from the district of Cugio. (Also, just so we're all aware, it is indeed named after the Giuoco Piano.)

Some champions are returning from the previous edition (listed on bold), the others are new.

Heavy Athletics: Rhonda Plair-Chuves. Hometown: Odamia.
Lumberjack: Sigur Folt-Jackson. Hometown: Iwakemi. Won at Saw Cut the last time out.
Strongman: Todd Garner-Frant. Hometown: Menesci.
Bake Off: Angela Melrose. Hometown: Kg33.
Cheese Rolling: Lloyd Abernathy. Hometown: Zitto.
Fire Dance: Wayne Chowdhury. Hometown: Iwakemi.
Kleptochase: Jenni Sloan. Hometown: Nissim.
Coconut Bowling: Raina Eisenbart. Hometown: Odamia.
Spears for Accuracy: Denis Brunswick. Hometown: 1corda.
Spears for Distance: Glen Monroe-Tendwar. Hometown: Ebadge.
Strategy Game: Desmond Chisor-Brach. Hometown: Kg33.
Mystery Event: Kelsey Yeager. Hometown: Menesci.

The national football team is in Vilita (in group C), and will happily participate in the tug-of-war when they get the chance!
Last edited by Zwangzug on Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Gyatso-kai VMG Delegation

Postby Gyatso-kai » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:48 pm

Gyatso-kai Delegation for The Vilitan Mountain Games

In an endeavor to strengthen ties between its regional neighbors both through sports development and sports participation, the Avatarian Republics of Gyatso-kai do hereby submit the following athletes and teams to compete in the second Vilitan Mountain Games.

BAO Shota
Height: 210cm- Weight: 165kg – Age: 23 years old – Gender: Male - Hometown: Dailong Heights, Inner Ring, Ba Sing Se

Despite his urban homestead and life in the suburbs of the Avatarian Republics’ largest city, Bao Shota game to the first-ever Vilitan Mountain Games and competed in sports he truly had no experience in. Ending the Games in a sixth-place tie with regional neighbor Banija, Bao swore that he would come back and outperform his previous showing. Of course now, with a handle on what to expect, Bao is certain to not disappoint his family back in the Inner Ring.

MORIMOTO Katsuhito
Height: 197cm- Weight: 142kg – Age: 30 years old – Gender: Male - Hometown: Yu Dao, Fire States

While not as impressive as Dral’wuir, Katsuhito is definitely not a small man. Having earned his living working in the fringe of the Fire States using his Earthbending to help cut down forests to help with the economic development of the more-rural areas of the former colonies of the Fire Nation during the Great War. Now, these areas known as the “Fire States” seek to carve out their own history, blending together the various indigenous cultures of the area was well as the formerly-colonised cultures of the Fire Nation.

Leading to many families where one child shoots flames, while the other moves dirt… Never any tension there… right?

In the first Vilitan Games, Morimoto struggled to find his footing, eventually finishing in thirteenth-place out of seventeen competitors. Not exactly the high marks one has come to expect from an athlete wearing the Red & Gold of Gyatso-kai. With that determination to outperform himself from the previous edition, one can expect to see Morimoto climb in the standings hopefully higher than last time.

DRAL’WUIR Kurshok
Height: 207cm- Weight: 180kg – Age: 27 years old – Gender: Male Hometown: Muni’Mishok, Beviin’ya Autonomous Region, Eastern Mandalorian Territories

An impressive specimen of a Mandalorian, Dral’wuir Kurshok returns to Vilita to defend his Gold Medal from the last VMG. Dral’wuir brought great pride to his small town in one of the more isolated Mandalorian territories after winning the last edition’s competition; Muni’Mishok is only home to three clans totaling 2,000 people; the Dral’pirun, the Dral’laamyc, and the Dral’wuir who are the current ruiling Aliit of the island. Kurshok currently serves as the Ruus’alor of Clan Dral’wuir; this high social status behooves Kurshok to act and dress as though he were royalty…

Though after the last Vilitan games, quite a few more people recognized his name.

Chaomi MO’PALOK
Height: 152 cm – Weight: 73kg – Age: 65 years old – Gender: Female
Hometown: Jikelari, Kelita Province, United Mandalorian Clans

An amateur pastry maker from the outskirts of Keldabe, Chaomi Mo’palok has been baking pies and cakes full-time for nearly forty years. While never classically trained – or even served any pies outside of her small town – Mo’palok hopes to bring traditional Mandalorian baking to the multi-verse stage.

XIANG Sanori
Height: 160cm – Weight: 78kg – Age: 19 years old – Gender Male
Hometown: Amolapao, Foggy Swamp Tribe, Confederation of Water Tribes

A young BMX athlete, Xiang Sanori does not know much about ‘Cheese Rolling’, other than the fact that he has eaten quite his own share of cheese in his short lifespan, and he is one who certainly enjoys tumbling down a hill.

Not sure how we got someone to sign up for Cheese Rolling, but hey… For ‘culture’.

In the last edition of the Vilitan Mountain Games, the Fire Dancing Pair of Hinoshite and Sano managed to bring in 7.25 points on the arbitrary ‘Perfect Ten” score system; this score found them two points behind gold-medalist Zwangzug and squarely in Tenth Place for the event.

HINOSHITE Kōte
Height: 191cm- Weight: 80kg – Age: 22 years old – Gender: Non-Binary (She/They) Hometown: Hino’oka, Eastern Province, Fire Nation

A talented Firebender and a graduate of the prestigious Academy of the Dancing Dragons, Hinoshite Kōte has been a student of the Art of Firebending and it’s artistic application which they were four-years-old. The child of two firebending masters – their father in the Northern Lung Style, their mother in the Flaming Crane Style of Fire Dancing – Hinoshite has been able to successfully blend their parent’s drastically different styles into a unique form that the Imperial Registrar has not yet accepted a formal name for.

In the meantime, they continue to impress everyone who watches them perform…

SANO Momoka
Height: 163cm- Weight: 50kg – Age: 21 years old – Gender: Non-Binary (She/They) Hometown: Hino’oka, Eastern Province, Fire Nation

A graduate of the Mailing Academy – an artistic conservatory located on the outer banks of the capital of the Fire Nation – Sano Momoka had been studying gymnastics as a child when she discovered she could firebend; whereas most children discover their gifts before their third birthday, Sano was a late-bloomer and discovered the gift when she was seven years old. Despite this late blossoming, Sano was easily able to incorporate more modern forms of firebending into her already developing talents , and as such, as already won numerous domestic tournaments for fire dancing.

Fa’moklo JASTAR
Height: 189cm- Weight: 55kg – Age: 23 years old – Gender: Female Hometown: Korm’sk, Central Mandalorian Islands

Whereas throughout the multi-verse, the sport commonly known as ‘javelin’ was once split into two disciplines – Distance and Accuracy – until a period where Accuracy fell into the background and Distance became the dominant sport.

Not in Gyatso-kai… and not in Vilita…

Fa’moklo Jastar comes from the central island capital of Korm’sk, and as a Mandalorian, she is well trained in spear-based combat, known as ‘beviin’akaani’. Her armor – gold and gray – bears the sigil of the Jastar Clan, which is one of the most commonly-found Mandalorian Clans. At the last Vilitan Mountain Games, Fa’moklo struggled to – forgive the pun – get a grip on the Traditional Vilitan Spear, and only scored on the first two targets before missing three attempts at the third track. A tie with Qasden was her reward, and now Fa’moklo aims to improve her performance from last edition.

INOUE Ujuarak
Height: 189cm- Weight: 85kg – Age: 27 years old – Gender: Male
Hometown: Agna Tavunga, Northern Water Tribe

Many had felt that, given his background having lived a more-traditional life style in the Northern Water Tribe, Inoue Ujuarak should have competed in the Spears For Accuracy in the first Vilitan Mountain Games. Yet, Inoue would come in the delegation as the Spears For Distance competitor, and on his first throw, would be disqualified on the attempt. Not wanting to be taken from the event, Inoue centered himself for the second through, and managed to through 182.56 to eventually go on to a Silver Medal finish.

So he returns to Vilita… This time throwing for Gold.

IWAMATSU Ailou
Height: 176cm – Weight: 88kg – Age: 59 – Gender: Male

A 6th dan ranked player in the Avatarian system for the game Go, Iwamatsu Ailou has remained a consistent competitor in the most popular strategy game in Gyatso-kai. While familiar with the Strategy Format from the last Vilitan Mountain Games, it is uncertain which game will be used for the second edition this time around.

Captain: Sergeant Major CS-23-0021
Team Members:
CS-35-2335
CT-41-2258
CT-39-6889
CT-39-7032
Sergeant ISHII Takumi
Corporal DIEP Nam

The same team that brought fell short of the Bronze Medal against Zwangzug at the first Vilitan Mountain Games is going back, hoping to bring home some actual hardware this time. Even if its just the bronze medal, at least something would be nice to show off once the team gets back to the Avatarian Republics. Though, with the certainty of the competition dependent upon teams in the World Cup finals in Vilita, the team may not get the chance to chase for a medal this time around.
Last edited by Gyatso-kai on Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:10 pm

[CBP] Freida Falcone (5'3" age: 30-ish)
Bringin' the dough to Vilita, she's been a professional baker for half her life. Planning to show off the entire repertoire of skills in producing sweet and savory goods.

:: OPEN ::Tug-of-War ::
[CBP] Marcus Milton (6'1" 195lb)

+Rest of Team Members (Up to 14)
Jerome Brooks
Victor Onikambe
Marcus Nolan
Kelvin Buxton
Charlotte Bauer
Julia Edmonds
Chandra Mack
Rod Callaway
Freddie Altman
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:03 am

Individual stars from the 'alternative sports' scene - yes, some sports are niche over here - who have excelled in speed, strength, and above all, the ability to learn a new set of rules and strategies for a game they've likely never seen before.

:: Lumber Jack ::
Cynwrig yMohanmac (m) from the rugged forests of northern Mawryshire, it's Cynwrig. Growing up on the wild, windswept peninsula, he's always had a love of the outdoors. To him, lumberjack events aren't so much about destroying nature but about maintaining it.

:: Fire Dance ::
Aehufu Aelid (f) from far northern Ko-oren, Aehufu adheres to beliefs and traditions that have been part of the Aerellen culture for centuries: beliefs and traditions that are alive and kicking in some communities to this day.

:: Kleptochase ::
Byrne yPryfyff (m) from Mawryshire, Byrne has taken part in orienteering events across the country and figured that the kleptochase isn't so different, in some aspects. Has spent the better part of the last few months training for the event.

:: Spears (Accuracy) ::
Fyagalu Nerlagana (m) from Aralla, West Strand Riding, his training has been difficult in the unpredictable west coast weather, especially for an accuracy event, but he's faced bigger problems in his sporting career.

:: Strategy ::
Cyunnara Yinagun (f) from Nyashawill, far northwestern Ko-oren, Cyunnara has always placed high in chess, checkers, battleship, risk, and settlers of Catan tournaments. Has earned an honorary doctorate in Game Theory from the university of Eaglebury.

:: Tug of War ::
Doncan yDwrwig (m) from Llandy, Mawryshire, trained by taking on entire elementary school classes after making the ropes himself. With too many ropes breaking easily, he resorted to buying them - as he should have done to begin with.

:: Mystery Event ::
Aedno Aonimara (f) from Egevea, on the island of Azuren, Aedno has a rival in Cyunnara in the (board) game department, but she's a good orienteering athlete to begin with, specialising in rugged, snowy terrain (instead of the 'far too easy' gentle terrain of central Ko-oren).
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:13 am

Heavy Athletics
Timothy Caleskos Height: 6'7"- Weight: 162kg – Age: 25 – Gender: Male - Birthplace : Is-Swittar, Malta Comino Gozo

Lumberjack
Joey Debino Height: 6'5"- Weight: 139kg – Age: 21 – Gender: Male - Birthplace : G'Bjuni, Malta Comino Gozo

Strongman
Lucas Borg Height: 6'8"- Weight: 160kg – Age: 28 – Gender: Male - Birthplace : Hillside, Malta Comino Gozo
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:40 am

:: HEAVY ATHLETICS ::

[GRÆ] KORRI KJARTANSSON (6’5”, 300 lbs)
Korri is an operatic baritone whose dream is to perform with the Háttmark Opera. He is also very strong and good at throwing things. Critics tend to give his performances glowing reviews, such as “He’s really ba-aaaaaaagghhhhhhhhhhh he’s literally ripping my head off OK HE’S GOOD HE’S GOOD JUST PLEASE LET ME GO!”

:: LUMBERJACK Competition ::

[GRÆ] KARA GEIRHVATSDÓTTIR (Female. Left-handed. Can crush a watermelon between her thighs.)
Kara served four years in the Marines and now works as a forester in the Southern Alps. Her axe-spinning tricks became a viral hit on qTube.

:: STRONGPERSON Competition ::

[GRÆ] SIGURJÓN ÚLFLJÓTSSON (6’8, 384 lbs but over 400 if you count his beard)
The reigning national strength champion. Sigurjón is a heavy-duty truck mechanic who entered strength competitions relatively late, in his 20s, after being recommended by customers impressed by his ability to literally pick up cars.

:: OPEN ::Bake Off                     ::
[GRÆ] BIRGITTA OTTARSDÓTTIR (Allergic to peanuts. And weak men.)
The most feared combat cook in the Græntfjaller Merchant Marine, Birgitta can whip up a fish stew in 90mph winds on a ship at a 45° angle, without spilling a drop. She can drink a horn of ale in 4.2 seconds.

:: OPEN ::Cheese Rolling               ::
[GRÆ] SVANFRÍÐUR EGGERTSDÓTTIR(6’1”, 222 lbs. Sleeve tattoos on both arms.)
Nothing special to report, Svanfríður just really fucking loves cheese.

:: OPEN ::Fire Dancing                 ::
[GRÆ] MARINKA RUHRSWRATH (Female Kamdyr with a long silver-blue braid of hair that whips about as she dances.)
The first Kamdyr to represent Græntfjall at the VMG. Takes over from "Jon Jonsbur" following his incendiary performance at the last VMG.

:: OPEN ::Coconut Bowling ::
[GRÆ] ANNA THOMASARDÓTTIR (Elderly silver haired and unusually tan woman.)
Anna has worked as a lighthouse keeper in Græntfjaller Multinesia, where she has enjoyed coconut bowling as a hobby. She is a new entrant after last edition's competitor is otherwise occupied at the World Cup.

:: OPEN ::Spear Throwing for Accuracy  ::
[GRÆ] BOÐI ÁSKELSSON (Throws left handed. 20 inch biceps. Not from working out, he’s just been really lonely since his girlfriend left him.)
Boði is a former darts player who was banned from the tour circuit after continually throwing his darts through the board.

:: OPEN ::Spear Throwing for Distance  ::
[GRÆ] ARNÓR KJARTANSSON (6’5”, 300 lbs)
Arnór is Korri’s brother. Whereas Korri was drawn to music, for Arnór, it was a love of dance. His audition for the Háttmark Ballet left 7 dead, however, so he’s reluctantly followed his brother into the world of strength athletics.

:: OPEN ::Strategy Games               ::
[GRÆ] TORFI RÍKHARÐSSON (5’8” and with the grace, beauty, and keen athletic build of a sickly chihuahua)
Torfi is a postgrad student at the University of Waltenberg researching econometrics. He enjoys puzzle games and is a big crossword fan.

:: OPEN ::Tug-of-War                   ::
[GRÆ] KALLE BJØRNSSON (Massive scar on his chest from being stabbed. Not entirely clear he’s noticed.)
Kalle is a former Græntfjaller football NT defensive midfielder whose career was ended by diving in front of Petter Erlingsson as he attempted to stab Jason Þórhallursson. Always fiercely strong, Kalle got into competitive strength athletics as part of his rehabbing and has put together a team of journeyperson pros to help him compete. He is joined this year by former NT captain Hjörleifur Reynarsson.
+Birkir Daðason, Einar Gylfason, Ben Dalmarsson, Ralf Álfarsson, Ketilbjörg Aunosdóttir, Grímólfur Viktorsson, Trausti Hansson, Oddrún Einarsdóttir, Ulfar Davidsson, Dúfa Albertsdóttir, Grímur Hreiðarsson, Arsi Marcsson, Páley Bernódusdóttir, Hjörleifur Reynarsson

:: OPEN ::Mystery Event(s)             ::
[GRÆ] AMANDA GUTTISDÓTTIR (Built suspiciously like a professional footballer)
Ah, fuck it 2: return of the ah, fuck it.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:41 pm

Corsican Post-New-Nu-Moon-Star-Republic-Register-Picayune-HaAretz-Yediot Achronot-HaYom-HaMedina-Island-Post

Sports Section

Milchama Looking Forward to War Games

A new Vilitan competition, (what's with those guys, always creating new competitions) called the Mountain Games has come into existence. While technically it's about a lot of different competitions in the mountains, it's really just a war games competition with a little cooking class on the side. Since Milchama is literally about war this caused a lot of excitement across the Warriors Peoples as, well, again, we're called the Warrior Peoples. So everybody got excited. Plus, you know, our Kleptochasers who only hear the legendary exploits of people like Schreider Martin, Marty Kochenon, and Davy Kinch finally get to compete in international competition! It's a really exciting time for all involved.

We definitely didn't just copy our roster post from the first edition and just changed the events while adding like two new people for funsies! Woo hoo! We're really super excited!

Anyway, the MOC has picked out the participants for the Milchamian delegation to the games:

Fire Dance:
1. David McConnor
2. Drai Leon

Kleptochase:
Bst-Thf
Martin Schreider
Johnny Mackles

Baking:
Wilthrop Barrington Pemberwell
Tripp Worthington
Abigail Weathersfield

Spears (Accuracy):
Kim Kameron
El O'Him
Darius Florence

Spears (Distance):
Don Noladiti
Kan Herness
Emmy Garens

Strategy Games:
Idan Talton
Ein Ani
Shmulik Bernstein

Mystery:
Grunt is only known as Grunt. Grunt is strong and fast. Grunt does not think good. Grunt is ready to win.

Coconut Bowling:
Ellie Cork
Corky Ellian
Monty Minty

Cheese Rolling:
Mozzy Muenster
Kileen Haloumi
Branza Parmesan

Tug of War:
This will be contested by the forward line of the Milchamian rugby team who will be announced after a try out for the new Milchamian rugby team. Expect it in about a week or so.
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:10 pm

[VIL] Liita Jens
Jens famously became Vilita's first ever Gold Medalist in the Shot Put event at the Olympics defeating Krytenia's Matthew Cash at the 15th Summer Olympiad in Electrum.

[VIL] Timmahawk Pinefyllo
Was dragged along to the Vilaye 314 NSSCRA event in Rockii Coast by a friend during NSSCRA Season 8 and participated in the Tiones Lumberjack Challenge stations. This sparked an immediate interest in the sport which has taken over Pinefyllo's life as they look to make Timber sports a household activity in the Vilitan Cove.

:: STRONGMAN Competition ::

[VIL] Eiza Muli'o
An Olympian from the Vilitan Union, Eiza Muli'o earned a Bronze Medal in Weightlifting during the 15th Olympiad in Electrum

[VIL] Fliit "Lemur" Cavaals
A Popular outdoorsman, Cavaals is famous for spending weeks in the Vilitan Mountains living the "Lemur Life" and gaining the nickname "Lemur" Cavaals. Documenting their experience, Cavaals regularly lives off the land collecting foodstuffs to cook meals but will now get the chance to show off in the 'natural' baking challenge.

[VIL] Torvelg Movarumii
Owner of Movarumii's Fine Foods, Torvelg's only reason for participating is to get the Cheese. While some see the cheese wheel as a sentimental prize at the bottom of the hill, Torvelg's goals are far more practical with the intent of cutting up and selling carefully prepared Mountain Games Cheese platters at markup prices made from the winner's cheese.

:: OPEN ::Fire Dancing ::
[VIL] Kiviva Lanatelii
Lanatelli is well known on twii.tur for her dazzling fire dance displays in Alikki-Corra's popular tourist district. Lanatelli can be found in the Old Alikki-Corra square on most nights entertaining locals and tourists alike.

[VIL] Ijy-ak Morai
Following in the family tradition, Ijy-ak Morai is the master chaser of the Greater Irrotea Kleptochase Club which upholds the traditions founded by the great chasers of Az-Cz and Morai's own heritage, Ialali Morai who was a Semi-Finalists in the first ever Atlantian Oceania Kleptochase Championships.

[VIL] Tigometi La'vilik
La'vilik is a trick show artist known for her pinpoint accuracy in throwing knives and spears through small targets at close to moderate range.

[VIL] Evumia Mirate
Mirate has no experience throwing traditional Vilitan Spears but is a champion Javelin athlete in the Vilitan Cove having represented the Vilitan Union in the Javelin events at the 15th Olympic Summer Games placing 63rd amongst all competitors.

[VIL] Aranora Jaded
Former Vilita National Team and Arcticala Inlet FC Goalkeeper is participating in the Strategy Games competition at the behest of its sponsor, the Arcticala Electrical Company. At over 60 years old the Goalkeeper remains a steadfast representative for the country though many fans remember Jaded as one of the best goalkeepers to never officially win a World Cup Title with the Vilitan National Team. Jaded made their last start for the Vilita National Team during World Cup 67 and was left out of the World Cup 68 squad that brought home Vilita's first World Cup Trophy in 48 cycles. Jaded is still remembered for backstopping Arcticala Inlet to the Season 28 Stellar Division championship.

[VIL] Rojara Tiones
Vilitan National Team - Reserve and Unused players

[VIL] Purapal Eskiiy
A once promising up and coming youngster turned star for the Vilitan National Team who could trace their lineage back through Lake Bekk, Eskiyy broke into the Vilitan lineup during World Cup 68 and started in the World Cup Final - famously scoring the goal that changed the momentum of the game in the Jungle Cats favor. won AOCAF 42 and World Cup 77. Spent latter Domestic Career at Eastal Lunar FC winning the Stellar Division title for the first time in their career as a role player during the 61st Vilitan League Season, Eskiiy’s final before retiring where they promote involvement in sport throughout the Vilitan Cove at an early age.

:: OPEN ::Mystery Event(s) ::
[VIL] Purapal Eskiiy
Last edited by Vilita on Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Vilitan Mountain Games
Secretary

Ex-Nation

VMG2 - Day 1 Results

Postby Vilitan Mountain Games » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:07 pm

Similar to the modern-day shot put, however, instead of a steel shot, a large stone of variable weight is used. Competitors throw the stone from a standing position behind a board known as a trig and have three attempts to launch it as far as possible. The Event Officials will source natural stones from the environment during the week prior to competition collecting up to five stones of similar weight with one designated primary stone for competition.

STONE PUT RESULTS
1 Græntfjall X 51.17 43.81 51.17
2 Malta Comino Gozo X 32.35 44.80 44.80
3 Aut-Ves-Nat 43.69 33.85 44.18 44.18
4 Vilita 40.99 44.05 32.89 44.05
5 Zwangzug 40.42 33.76 X 40.42
6 Nyowani Kitara 28.08 X 39.28 39.28
7 Gyatso-kai 23.13 23.43 38.07 38.07
8 StrayaRoos X 37.49 X 37.49
9 Kriegiersien X 36.20 33.73 36.20
10 Misrantis 35.57 34.74 17.32 35.57
11 Turori X 20.46 29.13 29.13

Points are awarded as follows: 1st Place: 20 Points, 2nd Place: 18 Points, 3rd Place: 16 Points, 4th Place: 14 Points; Subsequent Places -1 Point per position.

AFTER 1 of 5 EVENTS

1 :: Græntfjall 20
2 :: Malta Comino Gozo 18
3 :: Aut-Ves-Nat 16
4 :: Vilita 14
5 :: Zwangzug 13
6 :: Nyowani Kitara 12
7 :: Gyatso-kai 11
8 :: StrayaRoos 10
9 :: Kriegiersien 9
10:: Misrantis 8
11:: Turori 7

Competitors must manage temperatures on an open flame as they look to bake their best sweets and treats using only the equipment and ingredients that they can fit in a single backpack. Judges will factor in originality, taste and presentation. This event is sponsored by Cocoa-bo Eatery of Turori.

The night before the event each competitor was given a backpack and an unpriced shopping spree at CoCoMart - anything they could fit in the backpack they could take with them to their tent. They were not allowed to begin any preparations until sunup. Competitors had a total of 8 hours to prepare their baked goods before judging began. Initial inspection would downselect to the ten 'most visually complete' selections for final grading with each of the three judges selecting one of the ten competitors to the final. Local Chef Gourmand Doniita would then indulge in the three finalists concoctions and determine final overall placement.

BAKE OFF

1 Baker Park :: GOLD
2 Vilita :: SILVER
3 Kriegiersien :: BRONZE
4 Gyatso-kai 9.5
5 StrayaRoos 8.0
6 Zwangzug 7.5
7 Nyowani Kitara 7.0
8 Turori 6.5
9 Milchama 5.0
Chartistan DSQ
Aut-Ves-Nat DSQ
Græntfjall DSQ

Participants race down a 200-yard-long hill after a round of Vilitan Mountain cheese. The first to catch the cheese is the winner. Subsequent positions will be judged based on order crossing the 200 yard marker at the bottom of the hill. This event is sponsored by Cocoa-bo Eatery of Turori. The winner will be able to keep the wheel of Vilitan Mountain Cheese as their prize in addition to a years supply of Cocoa-bo Beverages from any participating Cocoa-bo location (one per day). All participants receive a one-time use coupon for free Cocoa-bo for themselves and a guest. There will also be three Chocolate Cocoa-bo eggs placed on the course one of which will also award free Cocoa-bo for a year with the remaining too containing great money saving coupons. Contestants may opt to aim for the eggs in lieu of or in addition to their pursuit of the cheese wheel. Only the participant who gets the cheese first will be noted in the final results with others displayed in their time to the line at the bottom of the hill marked from the release of the cheese. It is likely that the cheese will be first to the line but competitors must still attempt to chase the cheese at the bottom of the hill in order to win.

CHEESE ROLLING

1 Vilita :: CHEESE ::
L Chartistan 37.73
Gyatso-kai 38.96
Turori 39.07
Milchama 39.90
Kriegiersien 42.65
StrayaRoos 47.47
Aut-Ves-Nat 47.77
Græntfjall 51.92
Zwangzug 52.12
Nyowani Kitara 56.10

Note, Signups for the Vilitan Mountain Games & Kleptochase World Championships are still open. For Most Events you may signup until the day of first cutoff for that event.

The 2nd Day of Competition will be posted in approximately 24 Hours Time. See the full schedule here and Event Details Here. The next Cutoff will also serve as the signup deadline for the majority of events including Fire Dancing, Spear Throwing, the LumberJack Competition and the Strongman/Strongperson Competition.

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:44 am

Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:21 pm

"When is kleptochase?!"

"Not yet"

"When is kleptochase?!!!"

"Not yet!"

"When is kleptochase?!!!!!!!"

"Not yet!!!!"

"WHEN IS KLEPTOCHASE?!!!!!!!"

"NOT YET!!!!"

"Ugh, I can't wait for it"

"Me neither, it's a great sport"

"And Milchama's, now, most successful sport. We're the two time defending international champions"

"That's crazy"

"Yeah it helps when there was like a 10 year break in the middle"

"Yep, I miss the old world tours"

"Good stuff that will never return"

"Nope, because there is no way I'm going to scorinate that. That is way too much stress"

"Oh absolutely"

"So it will never happen"

"So we just have to wait for the Vilitan Mountain Games and win those every time?"

"Pretty much"

"Well we get a shot at a three peat"

"That's so exciting!"

"And we have the same three kleptochasers too!"

"Interesting, I'd figure somebody like Davy Tom David might get in"

"Well The First Named One has been on a run of form but he's still ranked below even Martin Schreider who is our lowest ranked kleptochaser here"

"I guess but Schreider hasn't won anything in two years"

"And Schreider Martin looked terrible for awhile before he won our first world championship"

"True enough"

"So then I can trust Martin Schreider to do better in this competition"

"Ok, well hopefully"

"I mean we're still the best kleptochase nation in the world"

"Especially since Az-cz seems to no longer exist and will never come back"

"Yep, RIP"

"BDE"

"So we let's go out and win one for the gipper!"

"Yes!"
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:48 pm

Foreign Minister Brynjúlfur Brynjarsson had been sent to Vilita to observe the VMG, reflecting the high importance Græntfjall placed on the Games. Princess Jessika had attended the first edition but was busy on naval duty bombing the shit out of Jabal Akhdar, which was obviously the second reason for Brynjúlfur being sent: to try to reach agreement with the angered nations of Atlantian Oceania and gain support for the Græntfjaller mission against the el-Masri network. Brynjúlfur – who had in his younger days been a strength athlete himself – cut a hefty figure as he sat in the stands watching the first competition. He’d brought some paperwork from his office, and brought up the latest file he’d been sent.

Classification: Most Secret

FAO: PM, PM-CoS, FM, FM-CoS, DM, DM-CoS, GIB Liaison

Topic: Operation Storm of the Light’s Bane

Presented below are possible options for strategic resolution of Operation Inherent Liberty, later renamed Operation Storm of the Light’s Bane:

1. Sustained aerial bombardment of Jabal Akhdar

Options presents low likelihood of direct strike on Hakim el-Masri (HM) but will significantly weaken Akhdari resolve. Likely to be received negatively by regional neighbors especially if we miss and accidentally hit them (wargame analysis suggests a 76% possibility this would be a bad thing).
2. Ground invasion of Jabal Akhdar

Higher likelihood of detaining or killing HM. Significant casualties to be expected. Local civilian resistance a major obstacle. Unpleasant political context. Resupply a major issue given regional neighbors could impede transshipment.

3. Throwing giant rocks at Jabal Akhdar

Seems like the most straightforward option. But who could we find to carry out this task? They would need to be REALLY big rocks and we’d need someone who could throw them REALLY far.

Brynjúlfur raised his eyes from the paper. “Mother of…”

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Day One: VMG RP

Postby Gyatso-kai » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:23 am

Well… that didn’t go as well. Damn ASPN writers jinxed me a bit here…

Bao Shota thought to himself as he sat on the sidelines for the Vilitan Mountain Games, having watched the final competitor in the Heavy Athletics competition finish their final stone put. Of course, it would be easy to blame his own poor performance on the variable weight and shape stone he had been given to throw; in most modern disciplines of the Stone Put, a codified shot put – 7.26kg in weight, between 110-130mm in diameter, made of steel and iron – was used in competition. Yet Bao could hear his father’s voice in his head when he had that thought.

’Never blame the tool… Blame the craftsman…’

Regardless, here Bao sat, looking at his three distances and all he could do was feel a bit deflated. His best throw, which had been his third and final throw, had been 38.07 metres, putting him in seventh amongst the eleven competitors. In the last Mountain Games, Bao had found himself in third place with his farthest throw going 51.75 metres from the ring. Yet, unlike last time, Bao actually managed to throw all three of his attempts, something only three other competitors managed to do. The top competitor in this event – Korri Kjartansson from Græntfjall – won the event with a throw that flew out to an impressive 51.17 metres; though a bit shorter than their throw at the last Mountain Games which won the event at 53.98 metres. Had he managed to throw his best throw from last edition, Bao would have won the first of the five events in the Heavy Athletics competition.

I’ll just have to do better next event.

He looked up to the big screen at the stadium the first event was held at, and could see on the side the results of the day’s other two events. In the Bake Off event, the sweet little nǎi nai of the group Chaomai Mo’palok had placed fourth, just barely missing the podium. Such a shame, thought Bao, thinking fondly to all of the sweets the Avatarian delegation had been eating these last couple of days. Mo’palok was such a sweet woman, and even though she was Mandalorian from the Southern Islands, Bao felt she shared a lot in common with his own nǎi nai back home; she lived in the Middle Ring of Ba Sing Se, so Bao did not get to see her as much as he would like, but he still went out to visit her and his grandfather at least once a month. Family was very important in Earth society, as it was in most Avatarian national cultures – the exception being in Mandalorian where the definition of ‘family’ was much more loose than in the other Elemental Nations.

Next on the screen were the results of the Cheese Rolling competition. For Bao’s sake, he knew he was going to get quite the laugh at watching the replay of the chase; to think of the cultural phenomenon of watching a group of people throwing themselves down a hill after a rolling block of cheese. He had not spent much time around the Gyatso-kai representative, and for good reason. Xiang Sanori was an annoying child; his music was beyond incomprehensible, his slang was hard to grasp, his accent in Basic was barely understandable, and his obsession with memes was hardly considering ‘constructive’. Yet, at nineteen, he was an accomplished BMX athlete back home. He’s only four years younger than me?! Bao remembered thinking when they first met back at the National Sports Council, when Xiang dabbed at Bao when he offered the child a bow.

I hope the little turd broke a bone or two in this stunt… Like Director Amdahl said, it’s for “cultural exchange’”…
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Misrantis
Secretary

Founded: Sep 07, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Misrantis » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:54 am

MISRANTIS MOUNTAIN GAMES ROSTER

Delegation led by The Esteemed and Famous Rahman Omer Hilali

[MIS] Monifa Bitar
Monifa is Misrantis olympic shot putter and she will try to be best in this competition

[MIS] Amuntet "Stones" Al-lion
Earned the nickname "Stones" just from moving stones around for fun. Now Al-lion will move stones around for competition

[MIS] Aku-Ra
#1 Maze Runner in Misrantis. A speed and intelligence specialist who tries to learn technique on the fly

[MIS] Tseshortsa Heri-baset
Not known for strength or distance but pretty accurate from close range. The closer the better

[MIS] Mert-sekert Ai
A late addition to the Misrantis olympic archery team this is a true passion for this athlete who trains by endlessly throwing spears from Misrantis toward the glass dome Tachbe. It is rumored her longest throw made clink on glass

[MIS] Desire Asker (Captain)
The Misrantis basketball team is entering the Tug of war as a teambuilding exercise in hope to improved ability to work together and start winning games
PF: Darwishi Ganim
C: Kasto Koury
SG: Thabit Wasem
PG: Bassel Abadi
SG: Madu Dagher
C: Myrrh Said
PG: Tania Shamoon
SG: Ameera Ganem
PG: Norhan Cham
PF: Anan Samaha
PF: Fatya Zogby
SG: Adham Totah
-: Ari Halabi

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Turori Roster for Vilitan Mountain Games

Postby Turori » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:11 am

Entrants for the Vilitan Mountain Games

[TUR] Vumaora Tannria
An alternate in the Shot Put discipline for the 14th Olympic Summer Games, Tannria is hoping a strong performance in the Heavy Athletics for the Vilitan Mountain Games will be enough for a selection to the Vilitan Union delegation for the next Summer Olympiad.

[TUR] Injura Tiones
Part of the Famous Tiones Lumber family, Injura has stayed largely away from the business side of the company and instead pursued a career in competitive Lumberjacking. Injura also regularly demonstrates at Tiones Lumberjack Competition locations.

[TUR] Marlokii Ranorokk
It is rumored that Ranorokk eats 37 eggs every morning to prepare for the day. It is unclear if they are cooked or not!

[TUR] Mrs. Abernathii
Mrs. Abernathii is a franchise owner of a Cocoa-bo location in the Vilitan Mountain Region. She moved to the region from Turori to pursue the business opportunity of opening her first bakery at her late grandmothers cottage. It has since become a Cocoa-bo location and is featured on the annual Cocoa-bo calendar as one of the most photo-worthy Cocoa-bo locations

[TUR] Flinya Maniro'a
No information is known about Maniro'a but it is assumed they understand how gravity works and they will be tumbling down a hill chasing a wheel of cheese... for fun

[TUR] Hotkau Amlafüt
Amlafüt was inspired by the Fire Dancing performances at the closing ceremonies of the AOlympic Games and took on the sport while gaining popularity by posting their Fire Dancing fails on their twii.tur account

[TUR] Kimiay Omla'alo
A locksmith from Lpaka, this technique specialist will be hoping for lucky draws to navigate them through the Kleptochase bracket without having to leverage speed or maze prowess too heavily

[TUR] Inoooru Krakano
Krakano is actually an expert axe thrower but opted out of the Lumberjack Competition due to not being familiar with the other events. Despite accuracy with an Axe, Krakano's speciality with the spear appears to be the distance.

[TUR] Cata'a Omla'alo
The life partner of Kleptochaser Kimiay Omla'alo, Cata'a is looking to pass the time by competing in the Strategy Games competition

[TUR] Juracai Klianiota
Optional Biography
+The Race Eelandii VTGP Pit Crew

[TUR] Timi'sala Koarena
Former Turori National Team footsport player who spent a decent chunk of their professional career playing outside the Vilitan League, enjoying many successes in Valanora playing nearly 10 seasons for Raynor City United including League Championships, Silver Cup titles and being shortlisted amongst the Boldsport Galacticos Index players as well as winning the 65th UICA Champions Cup title with the Vanorian club. Now enjoys the thrill of entering the popular Mystery Sports & Games circuit within the Vilitan Cove region
<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:31 am

Mountain Games Kicks off with NSSCRA Cross-Promotion

The Vilitan Mountain Games kicked off with the popular Bake Off and Cheese Rolling competitions in addition to the opening event in the Heavy Athletics competition. After failing to medal in any of the open events during the first Vilitan Mountain Games that were open to foreign competitors, local Mountaineers upped their game with Vilitan outdoorsman Fliit "Lemur" Cavaals taking home the Silver Pan as the runner-up in the Bake Off competition. Shortly after there was a mix of thrills and spills in the Cheese Rolling competition sponsored by the Vilitan Mountain Cheese Company. There was some controversy during the event as Chartistan's Kimmi Yamjune appeared destined for a second consecutive Cheese Roll triumph, but Torvelg Movarumii, owner of Movarumii's Fine Foods serving the Vilitan Main island was determined to get the cheese and yanked at Yamjune's waistline, turning the Cheese Roll into a true contact sport. Movarumii hit the line first to take the cheese and plans to use the cheese to sell specially up-charged Fine Foods featuring the actual Cheese Roll Cheese as a marketing promotion for their Fine Foods business.

With a light first day of competition, things will kick off on the second day as the Lumberjack and Strongman competitions get started. Tiones Lumber, sponsor of the Lumberjack Competition, has taken the opportunity to cross promote the Vilitan Mountain Games on their NSSCRA Stock Car, featuring the Vilitan Mountain Games logo on the #2 Tiones Lumber Team Tropicorp Dart of Centur Tiones who drove the #2 Vilitan Mountain Games Dart during the Vilaye Energy Drink 314 at the nearby Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course in Rockii Coast.

Vilitan Mountain Games
Secretary

Ex-Nation

VMG2 - Day 2 Results

Postby Vilitan Mountain Games » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:28 am

A long tapered wooden caber is balanced vertically on one end. The Athlete runs forward and attempts to toss the caber end over and land facing directly away. Event Officials will source local trees during the week prior to competition and construct five poles of similar length weight and diameter with one designated primary caber for competition. Each competitor will have three attempts with the best throw counting for final placement. In the event of a tie, the second best throw, then third best throw for each still-tied competitor will be used.

The caber in a perfect toss will pass through the vertical position and land with the small end pointing directly at 12 o’clock in an imaginary straight line extending from the competitor through the initial landing point and in line with the direction of the run. A valid turn is when the small end of the caber passes through the vertical position and falls away from the competitor to land within the 180-degree radius, between 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock.

+ If the caber toss results in a full turn, the back judge scores the caber on the clock face.

If the competitor does not turn the caber, then it is the responsibility of the side judge to determine the angle at which the caber was tossed with respect to the 90 degree vertical. The side judge should be perpendicular to the competitors’ line of approach in order to make an accurate call.

+ If the caber toss results in a partial turn, the side judge scores the caber on degrees.

CABER TOSS RESULTS						Best Score	Points
1 :: Malta Comino Gozo :: X 2:00 12:30 :: 12:30 :: 20
2 :: Kriegiersien :: 55 80 12:45 :: 12:45 :: 18
3 :: Græntfjall :: 70 1:00 65 :: 1:00 :: 16
4 :: Gyatso-kai :: 55 60 11:00 :: 11:00 :: 14
5 :: Zwangzug :: 80 65 65 :: 80 :: 13
6 :: Vilita :: 80 50 50 :: 80 :: 12
7 :: StrayaRoos :: 75 X 60 :: 75 :: 11
8 :: Turori :: 40 60 70 :: 70 :: 10
9 :: Misrantis :: 40 70 50 :: 70 :: 9
10:: Aut-Ves-Nat :: 50 60 65 :: 65 :: 8
11:: Nyowani Kitara :: 55 50 45 :: 55 :: 7

A metal weight is attached to the end of a wooden or other solid material shaft, about 4 feet in length. Competitors stand with their back facing the field and swing the hammer over their heads, before they twist 180 degrees and launch it as far as they can. The athletes may also choose to wear special boots with long blades fixed to the bottom, in order to make sure they stay fixed to that spot in the ground. The Competitor with the Highest Throw is withheld from making additional throws until their score is surpassed, at which point they may utilize all of their remaining attempts to re-take the lead. For the purpose of unnecessary complication ("Tradition") Distance is measured in standard Tachbean FEET.

Record: Kriegiersien 112.61

HAMMER THROW RESULTS
1 Græntfjall 103.78 103.23 95.78 103.78
2 Gyatso-kai 101.12 102.46 50.46 102.46
3 Aut-Ves-Nat 84.79 75.87 102.13 102.13
4 Malta Comino Gozo 72.41 94.74 55.71 94.74
5 Vilita 69.97 92.60 84.43 92.60
6 StrayaRoos 33.16 40.57 88.45 88.45
7 Misrantis X 41.13 84.88 84.88
8 Kriegiersien 60.17 70.80 82.83 82.83
9 Turori X 80.90 X 80.90
10 Zwangzug 63.49 74.09 59.40 74.09
11 Nyowani Kitara 42.36 67.18 35.13 67.18

With a Total of 17 competitors points are awarded as follows: 1st Place: 20 Points, 2nd Place: 18 Points, 3rd Place: 16 Points, 4th Place: 14 Points; Subsequent Places -1 Point per position.

AFTER 3 of 5 EVENTS

1 :: Græntfjall 56
2 :: Malta Comino Gozo 52
3 :: Aut-Ves-Nat 40
4 :: Vilita 39
5 :: Zwangzug 34
6 :: Nyowani Kitara 26
7 :: Gyatso-kai 43
8 :: StrayaRoos 33
9 :: Kriegiersien 37
10:: Misrantis 28
11:: Turori 26

Competitors will be judged on their overall performance using a traditional and entirely subjective "Perfect 10" scale.

FIRE DANCING

1 Gyatso-kai 9.00 :: GOLD
2 Misrantis 8.50 :: SILVER
3 Græntfjall 8.25 :: BRONZE

4 Ko-oren 7.50
5 Vilita 7.00
Turori 7.00
7 Nyowani Kitara 6.75
8 Zwangzug 6.50
9 Milchama 6.00
10 StrayaRoos 5.00
11 Cocoabo Forest 4.50
12 Aut-Ves-Nat 4.25
13 Kriegiersien 3.50

Competitors will throw Traditional Vilitan Spears on an open range with the longest throw being the winner. Each competitor will get a maximum of three attempts to put the best throw. Once a competitor has achieved the longest throw, they will step aside until they are beaten or all competitors have exhausted all attempts.

SPEAR THROWING (DISTANCE)

1 Græntfjall 193.60 198.25 154.84 198.25 :: GOLD ::VMG RECORD::
2 Gyatso-kai 193.50 X 184.80 193.50 :: SILVER
3 Nyowani Kitara 175.61 X 176.19 176.19 :: BRONZE
4 Misrantis X 172.58 110.77 172.58
5 Turori X 168.32 X 168.32
6 Chartistan 103.86 157.99 136.05 157.99
7 Vilita X X 151.97 151.97
8 StrayaRoos 135.20 X 127.01 135.20
9 Kriegiersien 115.43 125.36 X 125.36
10 Zwangzug X 116.47 X 116.47
— Milchama X X X DSQ

Note, Signups for the Vilitan Mountain Games & Kleptochase World Championships are still open. For Most Events you may signup until the day of first cutoff for that event.

With the offday in the World Cup Finals, the 3rd Full Day of competition will take place around 02:00 UTC on 11/6 (~Late Saturday Night). See the (Updated) full schedule here and Event Details Here. The next Cutoff will also serve as the signup deadline for the LumberJack Competition and the Strongman/Strongperson Competition.
Last edited by Vilitan Mountain Games on Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aut-Ves-Nat
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Aut-Ves-Nat » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:54 am

Test J-03 (The Mountain Games) Performance Review

For the 2nd VMG, the Aut-Ves-Nat team consisted of 2nd generation Automations. The machines, with names like, Nelson Browning, Jurgen Prang, or Tasty, were given differentiators in the form of skin tone, gender, clothing, and more. When needed, the machines could swap bodies, allowing for testing of different machines within the same event.

The Stone Put even went well. The over the shoulder boulder holder loving Maudy B launched the stone the best, but could not come close to the winner's score of 51. The hammer throw saw a 102.13 Tachbean FEET attempt to move Maudy B into third place, just fractions of a foot behind second place.

Other results were middling or worse. Rat Tail Ricardo was however unable to grab the cheese in cheese rolling. The automation for the Caber Toss dressed in mountaineering regalia, but having never seen a caber, the automation's results were poor. A second automation, John Mehoff (not related to you know who) was able to score 65.

Two results ended in dismal failures. The impressive fire spinning of fire dancer Wanna Crab'cakke slowed down due to circuitry overheating, one third of the routine was thus motionless. Wanna Crab'cakke's left ear was also damaged from exposure. Tasty was regrettably adorned with edible materials. The machine felt its own ingredients blended well with its dessert dish. Tasty placed itself within its own oven, and baked to death.

Takayugi Goto will be deployed for the secret event. AVN will probably finish third. More work is to be done.
Aut-Ves-Nat, the greastest sea fearing and/or seafaring nation ever!
All people this vessel are human, ingore any hydraulic fluids.

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:02 pm

"How do you get disqualified from a cooking competition?" vomited Brynjúlfur.

"I don't know, but you'd have to do something really bad," shouted back Valmundur, his chief of staff, struggling to make himself over the sound of his explosive diarrhoea.

Vilitan Mountain Games
Secretary

Ex-Nation

VMG2 - Day 2.5 Results

Postby Vilitan Mountain Games » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:16 am

Tug of War will be contested in a head-to-head best of three knockout format, and the objective is to beat the competition and win the match by winning at least two of the three pulls in the match. Within each pull, the objective is to win by pulling the opposition and the opposition’s 4m marker towards the centre so that the mark passes the centre line, resulting in a win. It is not possible to tie a Tug of War match and teams shall play until a winner is declared. In the event the rope breaks the competition will be paused and a new Rope Set before resumption of play.

This is the Tug-of-War Seeding Round

Winners advance to the Winners Bracket, Losers to the Losers Bracket.

National Teams in the World Cup half of the Tug had the option of contesting their Tug Before Kick Off, at Half Time or After the Final Whistle of their World Cup Matchday 3 Fixture. ICly it is assumed Group C fixtures took place prior to Group D fixtures so the TJUN-ia Tug Team would have had to travel to the location of the SVG-PCU matchup to contest their Tug. This location was either the Lopinka National Stadium in Lopinka or the Orbital Stadium on VOIA Island.

World Cup Finals Vilitan Seeding Round
Lighthouse Stadium, Lonngeylin
Vilita :: W W :: WIN 2
Ko-oren :: L L 0

TBD Venue (Either Lopinka National Stadium or Orbital Stadium, VOIA Island)				
TJUN-ia :: W L L 1
Savigliane :: L W W :: WIN 2

Tropicorp Park, Tropicoast, Tropicorp							
Baker Park :: W W :: WIN 2
Nephara :: L L 0

Iobabao Legendary Park, Mliona, Turori						
Kelssek :: W L W :: WIN 2
Nyowani Kitara :: L W L 1

Hothi'icei Battleground, Wamtaun Peak, Terrarokka						
Farfadillis :: L L 0
Zwangzug :: W W :: WIN 2

TBD Venue (Either Lopinka National Stadium or Orbital Stadium, VOIA Island)						
Group D Select :: L W L 1
Savojarna :: W L W :: WIN 2

Open Entrants Seeding Round
Vilitan Mountain Games Primary Fields, Vilita
Aut-Ves-Nat :: W L W :: WIN 2
Misrantis :: L W L 1

Gyatso-kai :: W W :: WIN 2
Kriegiersien :: L L 0

Græntfjall :: L W L 1
Milchama :: W L W :: WIN 2

StrayaRoos :: W W :: WIN 2
Turori :: L L 0

This is a standard double elimination tournament. This means the Primary (Winners) Bracket will lag by one scorination.

Secondary Bracket:
Nyowani Kitara v. TJUN-ia @ TBD Match Venue
Nephara v. Ko-oren @ TBD Nephara WC Venue
Misrantis v. Græntfjall
Kriegiersien v. Turori
Group D. Select v. Farfadillis

Primary Bracket Open Step Round
Aut-Ves-Nat v. Gyatso-Kai
Milchama v. StrayaRoos

Primary Bracket:
Vilita v. Savigliane (@ Turoki Community Complex, Turoki Island)
Baker Park v. Kelssek
Savojarna v. Zwangzug (@ TBD Zwangzug WC Venue)

With the offday in the World Cup Finals, the 3rd Full Day of competition will take place around 02:00 UTC on 11/6 (~Late Saturday Night) - Approximately 14 hours from this post. See the (Updated) full schedule here and Event Details Here. The next Cutoff will also serve as the signup deadline for the LumberJack Competition and the Strongman/Strongperson Competition.
Last edited by Vilitan Mountain Games on Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kriegiersien
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kriegiersien » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:48 am

Kriegiersien team in the Vilitan Mountain Games

[KGS]Hafþór Bellybutton (Ogre giant)
A one eyed ogre who works as pirate, throwing stones from cliffs to sink ships. Beside throwing things the giant loves eating, provided for that by his good friend Garonka Toothsmasher.

[KGS]Big Ed Sharp (arrogant human)
Big Ed Sharp, owner of Big Ed Sharp’s Chainsaw Emporium and dominator of Kriegiersiens lumberjack competition, won a silver medal in Weighlifting in the XV Olympics.
All Wooden related competitions had to be logged by him.

[KGS]Cassandra Bendragon (female human)
Cassandra Bendragon, female Olympic Weightlifter, changed her training to stone lifting after failing at the Olympics. As she also started farming, the nomination came natural to her. Even though she is no man. Like for the most others, these are also her second Mountain Games.

[KGS]Garonka Toothsmasher (fat Orcish gourmet)
Orclady Garonka Toothsmasher normally produces a giant amount of food for her big friend Hafþór Bellybutton, but she is also able to show the more interesting, subtle way of orcish cuisine.

[KGS]Hafþór Bellybutton (still a giant ogre with one eye)
As he loves food, nothing can stop Hafþór Bellybutton to follow a piece of cheese down a hill as fast as possible.

[KGS]Sheera Unglaublich (red haired female human)

Fire artist, fire mage, pyromaniac, dancer.
All this qualifies Sheera for this contest.

[KGS]Frank
Frank has wandered Vilita for 4 years to learn the secrets of Kleptochase. He is the only newcomer from Kriegiersien here at the Games.

[KGS]Kis Terratus (slender human female with big arms)
Olympic javelin thrower Kis Terratus tries again.

[KGS]Kis Terratus (slender human female with big arms)
Born in the stolen lands, her live was always a battle. Mostly with a spear.

[KGS]Hubertus Schimmel (Looks like a big strawberry with arms and legs, still much smaller than a human)
Hubertus Schimmel, a living strawberry, is Kriegiersiens greatest chess grand master. He also played various E-Sport Games to widen his horizon.

[KGS]Gim Robertson (One of 15 dwarfs with beards, belly and big arms)
The dwarven team „Gem Cliché“ won last edition, making them the number one for the contest in Vilitan.
When not drinking beer, singing or digging for gold and holes, the team trains by literally moving mountains.

Willy, Billy, Grillie, Dwilly, Borin, Dorin, Gorin, Lorin, Otto, Glorin, Gagarin, Hanibor, Barbon, Erna Grimsdottir.

:: OPEN ::Mystery Event(s) ::
[KGS]Mysterious
Who is the person called Mysterious? Man, woman, something else? Magician, Multiverse- or Time Traveler? Or really just a woman named Alexa?
Last edited by Kriegiersien on Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Culway
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 05, 2021

Postby Culway » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:54 am

Lumber: P:John Falnagan A: 45 H: 6’11” W: 287lb
Strongman: P: Horace Manalt A: 25 H: 7’1” W: 340lb
Bake off: P Maurice Falnagan A: 44 H: 6’3” W: 248lb
King George Altman V
Culway
Secretary of State for Home Affairs

Heart
Lord Founder Salibaic
WA Delegate The Scottish Republic
A class 0.625 nation according to this https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=453617
He/him
Lives in the US, sadly
Independent
I’m a history buff
Also a half-geography buff
Sees communism and capitalist as equal, neither being better nor worse

NEWS: Culway establishes a nation anthem, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PHDycUXzNs0. King Arthur has died, funeral expected in 2 days, all of The Union of Force is invited. King George Altman the Fifth has taken the throne as he is descended for King Horace. King George is donating to charity.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports