NATION

PASSWORD

Cheltonian Civil War (IC/MT/TG to enter)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Founded: Sep 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Cheltonian Civil War (IC/MT/TG to enter)

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:53 am

Following a referendum, boycotted by most of the elderly population and by the local elected MP
Mick Billington JC* (Republican), resulting in 50.5% secessionist majority,
The government has cut off welfare.

The ‘President of Chelton’ has demanded reparations for “centuries of police brutality ordered at the top”.

It has been pointed out that the first police force was established in 1824, so it would not be multiple ‘centuries’ even if the police did engage in brutality ordered by the Chief Constable for their entire history including the present day.

Chief Constable Alastair Khan is leading a meticulously planned raid of the secessionist President’s caravan whilst 1,500 soldiers led by Colonel Arthur Cromwell have been stationed outside the largest council estate.

*James Cross, the highest military decoration.
Last edited by The Cheltonian Republic on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Does not represent my views.

News:
- Chief Constable begins recover from coma.
- Greens win in Woodmarsh whilst Republicans win nationally.
- Republic of Luton declares war.

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:03 am

David Dobson, self-proclaimed ‘President’ of Hestertown intervened to stop the beating of three undercover police officers.
As a result, although a spliff was found during the raid of his trailer he was not arrested instead they arrested his bodyguard’s son for drug possession (he had smoked a spliff earlier) and the people who beat up the police officers for ABH and assaulting a police officer in the execution of their duties.

Upon searching his bodyguard’s son, they find a Farbairn-Sykes knife and charge him with carrying an unregistered deadly weapon.

Division are beginning to appear within the secessionist movement.

News:

Staatza
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 29, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Staatza » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:43 am

The Staatzan Government asks what Ideology the Successionists follow and what the Ideology the government follows
✠ The Staatzan Reich ✠

This Nation Does NOT reflect my real life views
Staatza is a Falangist Dictatorship ruled over by Kasier Richard Kirk
Map of Staatza and other nations in its lore

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:48 am

Staatza wrote:The Staatzan Government asks what Ideology the Successionists follow and what the Ideology the government follows

“We believe in democracy ,capitalism, the rule of law and justice.”
Say the government.
OOC: actually they are a right-wing coalition that are in my factbook.

“We believe in democracy and the working-class.”
Say the secessionists
OOC: third positionist populists.

News:

Staatza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Staatza » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:50 am

The Cheltonian Republic wrote:
Staatza wrote:The Staatzan Government asks what Ideology the Successionists follow and what the Ideology the government follows

“We believe in democracy ,capitalism, the rule of law and justice.”
Say the government.

Say the secessionists

The Staatzan Government declares support for the Secessionists. We will send ammunition and Weapons to the Secessionists. We support the workers
✠ The Staatzan Reich ✠

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:56 am

Staatza wrote:
The Cheltonian Republic wrote:“We believe in democracy ,capitalism, the rule of law and justice.”
Say the government.

Say the secessionists

The Staatzan Government declares support for the Secessionists. We will send ammunition and Weapons to the Secessionists. We support the workers

IC: Parliament hurries in a declaration of war on the Staatzan, meanwhile secessionists have recently murdered the Chief Constable’s wife.
Parliament holds new elections.
Last edited by The Cheltonian Republic on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

News:

Staatza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Staatza » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:58 am

The Cheltonian Republic wrote:
Staatza wrote:The Staatzan Government declares support for the Secessionists. We will send ammunition and Weapons to the Secessionists. We support the workers

IC: Parliament hurries in a declaration of war on the Staatzan, meanwhile secessionists have recently murdered the Chief Constable’s wife.

The Staatzan Government says that the Declaration of war on Staatza is "a really dumb idea"
✠ The Staatzan Reich ✠

Midsomere
Civil Servant

Founded: May 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Midsomere » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:06 pm

The Kingdom of Midsomere, concerned about the rising violence in Cheltonia, begins to prepare for the possibility of intervention in the conflict.

King John orders the Royal Midsomere Yeomanry mechanized infantry regiment and the Royal Midsomere Foresters light infantry regiment to muster at the border with Cheltonia, in preparation for an offensive campaign.

The Royal Midsomere Air Corps purchases commercial satellite images of Cheltonian territory, in order to identify targets for airstrikes and assist in the planning of the land campaign.
Last edited by Midsomere on Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:08 pm

IC: Every Cheltonian man outside of Hestertown, eligible for military service and aged 21 to 38,
is required to register for the draft unless they have a reserved occupation.

Students in high schools and universities aged 17.25 to 20.5 are required to register for either the military or the War Reserve Constabulary.

18-21 year old non-student men are already drafted.
Last edited by The Cheltonian Republic on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

News:

Midsomere
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Midsomere » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:44 am

While no declaration of war has yet been issued, Midsomere was undeniably moving towards a war footing. Notices had been posted to reservists, informing them that there was a possibility that they might be called up for duty soon. Those living near the border with Cheltonia saw columns of military vehicles rolling through their sleepy villages, moving to staging camps in the countryside. Shore leave was cancelled for all sailors, and several warships of the Royal Navy put to sea.

To bolster the Yeomanry and the Foresters, the Ministry of Defense also ordered the Armored Brigade, consisting of the Royal Midsomere Hussars and the Regiment of Grenadiers, to the border.

The Royal Midsomere Air Corps sent pairs of fighter jets to conduct probes of Cheltonian air defenses by intruding into Cheltonian airspace along the border.

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:01 am

Midsomere wrote:While no declaration of war has yet been issued, Midsomere was undeniably moving towards a war footing. Notices had been posted to reservists, informing them that there was a possibility that they might be called up for duty soon. Those living near the border with Cheltonia saw columns of military vehicles rolling through their sleepy villages, moving to staging camps in the countryside. Shore leave was cancelled for all sailors, and several warships of the Royal Navy put to sea.

To bolster the Yeomanry and the Foresters, the Ministry of Defense also ordered the Armored Brigade, consisting of the Royal Midsomere Hussars and the Regiment of Grenadiers, to the border.

The Royal Midsomere Air Corps sent pairs of fighter jets to conduct probes of Cheltonian air defenses by intruding into Cheltonian airspace along the border.

IC: the Cheltonian Air Force engages the Midsomere fighters. Two of them are downed.
OOC: post casualties.

IC: Sikandar Khan is busy leading raids on Hestertown trailer parks.
So far 15 police officers, 5 soldiers, 2 army officers and 50 locals (27 of said locals being habitual armed criminals, 21 of them being people who, despite usually being respectable citizens, didn’t comply with police commands and 3 of them being caught in the crossfire).

Sikandar Khan is shot in the knee and given the James Cross.
Last edited by The Cheltonian Republic on Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

News:

Midsomere
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Midsomere » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:39 am

The Cheltonian Republic wrote:IC: the Cheltonian Air Force engages the Midsomere fighters. Two of them are downed.

OOC: You're going to have to provide some more information. I said I was sending a pair of fighters. How many fighters did you send after them? Or are they being engaged by surface-to-air missiles? Or both? Depending on what they're up against, I'll determine what happens to my fighters. Since they're my planes, I have final say on whether any of them are shot down. You, in turn, can determine what happens to your forces.
Last edited by Midsomere on Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:24 am

Midsomere wrote:
The Cheltonian Republic wrote:IC: the Cheltonian Air Force engages the Midsomere fighters. Two of them are downed.

OOC: You're going to have to provide some more information. I said I was sending a pair of fighters. How many fighters did you send after them? Or are they being engaged by surface-to-air missiles? Or both? Depending on what they're up against, I'll determine what happens to my fighters. Since they're my planes, I have final say on whether any of them are shot down. You, in turn, can determine what happens to your forces.

OOC:they were 30 Northrop F-20 Tigersharks.

News:

Midsomere
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Midsomere » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:06 pm

The Cheltonian Republic wrote:OOC:they were 30 Northrop F-20 Tigersharks.

OOC: that’s a pretty extreme response to two fighters making an intrusion of border airspace. But alright

IC: The Midsomere aircraft, two CF-18 single-seat fighters, had been ordered to conduct an intrusion into Cheltonian airspace in order to test their air defenses. The response was unexpectedly heavy-handed.

“Angel Flight, multiple bogeys headed your way,” reported the ground radar station tracking the fighters. “Recommend you return.”

“Roger that,” one of the pilots replied. “Turning for Cooper Hill.”

The two Midsomere fighters turned and increased speed, accelerating back into Midsomere airspace as the flock of Cheltonian fighters approached. If they attempted to pursue over the border and into Midsomere’s airspace, other fighters were waiting on standby to take off and engage. There were also surface-to-air missile systems belonging to the Royal Army troops massing near the border, which could target and fire on the Cheltonian planes if they crossed into Midsomere airspace.

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:07 am

Midsomere wrote:
The Cheltonian Republic wrote:OOC:they were 30 Northrop F-20 Tigersharks.

OOC: that’s a pretty extreme response to two fighters making an intrusion of border airspace. But alright

IC: The Midsomere aircraft, two CF-18 single-seat fighters, had been ordered to conduct an intrusion into Cheltonian airspace in order to test their air defenses. The response was unexpectedly heavy-handed.

“Angel Flight, multiple bogeys headed your way,” reported the ground radar station tracking the fighters. “Recommend you return.”

“Roger that,” one of the pilots replied. “Turning for Cooper Hill.”

The two Midsomere fighters turned and increased speed, accelerating back into Midsomere airspace as the flock of Cheltonian fighters approached. If they attempted to pursue over the border and into Midsomere’s airspace, other fighters were waiting on standby to take off and engage. There were also surface-to-air missile systems belonging to the Royal Army troops massing near the border, which could target and fire on the Cheltonian planes if they crossed into Midsomere airspace.

IC: People are advised not to take foreign holidays. In addition, the Merchant Navy has become an arm of the Ministry of War Transport along with the trains and buses (although companies are still under private ownership with corresponding right to private profit they are being controlled by the government).

News:

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:37 pm

IC: Hestertown is carpet-bombed to smithereens, 30.88% of it’s residents die.
The remainder are sold off into slavery in Junagarh except for President David Dobson who was shot.

Following the dictates of his will, he will be cremated and his ashes given in an urn to his surviving next-of-kin,
truck driver and retired Logistics Corps soldier Sergeant Alexander Dobson (his third-cousin).

News:

Midsomere
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Midsomere » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:49 pm

The Cheltonian Republic wrote:IC: Hestertown is carpet-bombed to smithereens, 30.88% of it’s residents die.
The remainder are sold off into slavery in Junagarh except for President David Dobson who was shot.

The news of the destruction of Hestertown, and the enslavement of its residents, appalled the people and government of Midsomere. The King formally requested that Parliament declare war on the "murderous tyrannical regime" in Cheltonia. The vote to declare war was almost unanimous, with a few dissenting votes cast by fringe MPs.

Immediately upon receiving word that war had been declared, the Royal Midsomere Navy begins launching cruise missile strikes on Cheltonia. Guided missile destroyers and frigates launch cruise missiles targeting Cheltonian Air Force bases and air-defense systems, while submarines launch cruise missile attacks on Cheltonian Navy warships and bases.

The Royal Midsomere Amy forces gathered near the border begin preparing to cross into Cheltonia.

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:21 am

Midsomere wrote:
The Cheltonian Republic wrote:IC: Hestertown is carpet-bombed to smithereens, 30.88% of it’s residents die.

The news of the destruction of Hestertown, and the enslavement of its residents, appalled the people and government of Midsomere. The King formally requested that Parliament declare war on the "murderous tyrannical regime" in Cheltonia. The vote to declare war was almost unanimous, with a few dissenting votes cast by fringe MPs.

Immediately upon receiving word that war had been declared, the Royal Midsomere Navy begins launching cruise missile strikes on Cheltonia. Guided missile destroyers and frigates launch cruise missiles targeting Cheltonian Air Force bases and air-defense systems, while submarines launch cruise missile attacks on Cheltonian Navy warships and bases.

The Royal Midsomere Amy forces gathered near the border begin preparing to cross into Cheltonia.

IC:
5,500 military personnel and 10,500 civilians have been killed. Sikandar Khan has fled the country to Switzerland, taking with him his daughter Hurriya Khan II and Duane Khan (his adopted 12-year old son and former servant).

News:

Niran
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Niran sails to new lands

Postby Niran » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:53 am

The Niranian gang "The eastern golden shield" has been sent secretly by government contract to the Cheltonian republic to take advantage of the current chaos and get Niran some money. 1000 gangsters armed with cheap and makeshift smgs and rifles get on long boats to set sail.
Last edited by Niran on Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:57 am

Niran wrote:The Niranian gang "The eastern golden shield" has been sent secretly by government contract to the Cheltonian republic to take advantage of the current chaos and get Niran some money. 1000 gangsters armed with cheap and makeshift smgs and rifles get on long boats to set sail.

IC: Unfortunately, they are not stopped by the Navy.

News:

Niran
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Arrival

Postby Niran » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:59 am

The Eastern golden shield gang (Tegushi for short) arrive in coastal towns. The gang members wore black pants and jackets with golden buttons and the words "Protector of the weak" ironically written on the back of their jackets in english and Niranian. They start to attack coastal villages forcing them to pay tributes and tax including:

Spice tax

Fruit tax

wood tax

metal tax

livestock tax.

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:17 am

Niran wrote:The Eastern golden shield gang (Tegushi for short) arrive in coastal towns. The gang members wore black pants and jackets with golden buttons and the words "Protector of the weak" ironically written on the back of their jackets in english and Niranian. They start to attack coastal villages forcing them to pay tributes and tax including:

Spice tax

Fruit tax

wood tax

metal tax

livestock tax.

IC: As the villages are predominantly composed of the elderly, they surrender and pay the taxes.

News:

Niran
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

recruiting

Postby Niran » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:21 am

The Tegushi gang starts recruiting young people in the Cheltonian republic. The very few teenagers ages 15-17 were targeted by the gang and forced to either join or die.

The Tegushi gang feels like their mission was too easy. Was there really so much chaos in the nation that towns could be conquered so easily in a little more than a couple of days?
Last edited by Niran on Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Cheltonian Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cheltonian Republic » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:27 am

Niran wrote:The Tegushi gang starts recruiting young people in the Cheltonian republic. The very few teenagers ages 15-17 were targeted by the gang and forced to either join or die.

The Tegushi gang feels like their mission was too easy. Was there really so much chaos in the nation that towns could be conquered so easily in a little more than a couple of days?

IC: SWAT teams are deployed to engage the gangs, with the exception of the Tegushi, the police have far fewer crimes to deal with since Hestertown was destroyed.

News:

Niran
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Niran » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:31 am

The Tegushi gang clashes with the swat on the battlefield. They barricade and set traps around the town and send 200 men to fight up close with the swat while 400 attack at long distance with makeshift or stolen rifles. The other 400 prepare deeper in the town in case the attack from the swat gets worse.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents