NATION

PASSWORD

Daily Questions

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Daily Questions

Postby Lionsroar » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:33 pm

clears the throat
Hello everyone.
My name is Lionsroar, and I am a happy member of TNP (The North Pacific).
Yesterday I started a project in the RMB called "Daily Questions".

How does it work? I plan to ask you a different question about your nation every day. You can answer (or not) and learn about other nations or expand your own nation with the help of these questions (worldbuilding). It's just a little game to get some more variety and fun into the Forums (Even though I am sure there is enough fun). There is no quality limit or similar, and no restrictions in any way. (As long as your answers don’t violate the Forum-Rules of NS). And there is also no region restriction. If you happen to be in the Forums at the exact time, be brave enough to participate.

And as a small warning: I have this factbook (https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1772808) in which I collect answers. I can't collect the answers of the Forum there as well, BUT, if you participate, get ready to be pinged once (Once for an answer) in this factbook.

I am happy to receive answers. The daily questions will not be repeated in the Forum, meanwhile new questions will be coming some time the next day. Have fun!

And again, check out this factbook: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1772808

The Daily Question Magazine Version #5 from the 07.10.2022
You wake up. You are lying in your bed, everything is as usual. A newspaper lies to your right. You turn to the side and stare at the headline. Silence follows for minutes as you try to understand it. "The leader is dead!". And now what?
Daily Question #5: Dead, and now what?[b]
[b]What happens in your nation after the death of your leader?

Does chaos break out in the nation? Or is a successor simply chosen? What are the rules of succession? What are the requirements for it? Tell me about succession after the leader's death in your nation.
For more information: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1772808
Or a short explanation:
How does it work? I plan to ask you a different question about your nation every day. You can answer (or not) and learn about other nations, or expand your own nation with the help of these questions (worldbuilding). It's just a little game to get some more variety and fun into the RMB.
Last edited by Lionsroar on Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Meow together!
You don't need to know more

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:35 pm

Lionsroar wrote:clears the throat
Hello everyone.
My name is Lionsroar, and I am a happy member of TNP (The North Pacific).
Yesterday I started a project in the RMB called "Daily Questions".

How does it work? I plan to ask you a different question about your nation every day. You can answer (or not) and learn about other nations or expand your own nation with the help of these questions (worldbuilding). It's just a little game to get some more variety and fun into the Forums (Even though I am sure there is enough fun). There is no quality limit or similar, and no restrictions in any way. (As long as your answers don’t violate the Forum-Rules of NS). And there is also no region restriction. If you happen to be in the Forums at the exact time, be brave enough to participate.

And as a small warning: I have this factbook (https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1772808) in which I collect every answer. So if you participate, get ready to find yourself in the collection.

I am happy to receive answers. The daily questions will not be repeated in the Forum, meanwhile new questions will be coming some time the next day. Have fun!

And again, check out this factbook: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1772808

The Daily Question Magazine Edition #2 Version #2 from the 04.10.2022

Daily Question #2: Vexillology or something
Tell me about your flag. What do your colours stand for? What is the meaning of them? Why and for what do you have certain symbols? Do you have more flags? (Especially for you @Gridland) What is their meaning? Feel free to tell me everything about your flag(s).
Last edited by Lionsroar on Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Meow together!

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:02 am

Lionsroar wrote:
The Daily Question Magazine Edition #2 Version #2 from the 04.10.2022

Tell me about your flag. What do your colours stand for? What is the meaning of them? Why and for what do you have certain symbols? Do you have more flags? (Especially for you @Gridland) What is their meaning? Feel free to tell me everything about your flag(s).

And of course the first question is here as well: (If you want to answer it)

Daily Question #1: Etymology
Where does the name of your nation come from? What words does it consist of? What is its meaning? Tell me about your name.
Last edited by Lionsroar on Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meow together!

Omarhe
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Omarhe » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:08 am

We are the Dominion of Omarhe. Its a reference to Star Trek Deep Space Nine. The bad guys are the Dominion and their leaders' homeworld is within the Omarhe Nebula.

I used a flag building website, started with a template of a fairly obscure flag and then stuck a bird on it, because why not.

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:59 pm

Omarhe wrote:Daily Question #1: Etymology

We are the Dominion of Omarhe. Its a reference to Star Trek Deep Space Nine. The bad guys are the Dominion and their leaders' homeworld is within the Omarhe Nebula.

I used a flag building website, started with a template of a fairly obscure flag and then stuck a bird on it, because why not.

Thanks for sharing
And I created my first flag like you did. (I used Monenegro as a template)
Meow together!

The Grand Western Empire
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Western Empire » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:32 pm

Western comes from the fact the Empire is situated in the westernmost part of the continent it inhabits. The Grand comes from its strong economy. Empire is because it is, well, an Empire.

The black bars on the side represent our neighboring nations, evil and barbaric. The white in the middle represents the Empire itself, pure and clean. The cross represents the Emperor's influence, it is blue to represent his kindness. The swords represent the armed forces, shielding the Empire from all threats. The swords are red in the semblance of the blood of our enemies and the men of the Empire who fell fighting for it.
══════∩═════  
    ╭╬╮        ◢
▁╭▅▆▇□□█▇▆▅▄▃▂▁(╳)█╮
╰═=_▃▁▁▁▁▁∠▔▔
   ╙O ╙O

( -_•)╦̵̵̿╤─ ╚(•⌂•)╝
--------------------------------------------

(O_O)€▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
[███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. ( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── ¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\3=(^_^)

The House of Hamid
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 27, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Hamid » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:46 pm

Hamid Gazi was the mythical founder of our nation. An anatolian Bey, a petty chief from the 13th century. (Who coincidentally shared the name of my grandfather)

Daily Question #2: Vexillology

The Flag first appeared in the 14th century as that of the Emirate of Anadolu. Supposedly Emir Mustafa created it himself in 1355, to signify the ambition and security of the House of Hamid.

More details on both can be found in the Factbook
Last edited by The House of Hamid on Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-ПТН- -ХЛО-
●▬ஜ☪ 1881 - 193∞ ☪ஜ▬●
Yaşasın Azərbaycan Qəhrəmanları!
"Fakat zehir kadar acı olsa da hakikat ilacını içiniz." - Kâzım Karabekir
Better to have lived a free man and be damned than to have lived a slave and be rewarded for it.

Kundalini
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Kundalini » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:22 pm

Kundalini was founded by a community of Hindu ascetics. The word is Sanskrit, literally meaning a coiled snake, but refers to a particular form of divine power. I am strongly interested in world religions and often incorporate elements from my studies into names, capitals etc.

Daily Question #2: Vexillology

The flag is based on Qatar, the sword represents justice, the laurel shows we are peaceful.

Ozeanreisende
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozeanreisende » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:31 pm

Question #1 Etymology
Ozeanreisende is a direct translation of Ocean voyage thought its believed (and is a true fact) that the original german settlers called the colony Ozeanreich (Ocean kingdom) but when the spanish arrived they messed things up and mistranslated it into reino oceánico which the french translated it into royaume de l'océan and then the Native american inhabitants told the english that it was called Ocean travels (in their native language they didnt understand the previous languages) and then the english/british translated it into "Ocean voyager" and after the island was divided the germans got to name their colony (and had forgotten the original name of the island) and called it Ozeanreisende
Question #2 vexillology or something
The flag of ozeanreisende has 3 main colours Red, Gold and blue Red stands for blood of those who fought for their freedom, Gold represents the Coasts of the Caribbean that the nation (and the colony) were made on and the blue stands for the ocean The red stripe with 2 smaller white stripes represent being a former British colony while the symbols in the red bar on the left are symbols of the nations who colonized the island(s) Germany (Prussia at first), France and the UK also the colours represent a colour on the colonizing nations flag so German gold French blue and British red. The seagull and the puffin represent the two national animals of the country, well The Atlantic puffin and the Seagull. (also the fries are there jsut as a little joke because seagulls and fries seem related)
Last edited by Ozeanreisende on Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozeanreisende embassy program
Ozeanreisende, a quintiple melting pot of German, English, French, Spanish and danish culture | IRL: I'm a Canadian and my favourite country is Australia | A Class 0.857 Civilization according to this index | Buy military equipment here https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oze ... id=1787474
Ozeanreisende News
Ozeanreisende leaves the ODP to pursue armed neutrality (switzerland moment)

Emerstari
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Emerstari » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:40 pm

This is a pretty cool idea. Thanks for coming up with it, and I hope you keep at it.

Emersk is the name by which Emerstarians refer to themselves. It's derived from Old Emerstarian Emærr, a name which means "flourishing" or "eloquent" and belongs to the national ancestor of Emerstari, and Old Emerstarian -isk, an adjectival suffix. In their own language, the Emerstarians call their country Emerige, a combination of Emersk and rike, which means "kingdom." As such, it means "kingdom of the Emerstarians" or "the Emerstarian kingdom."

However, "Emerstari," the name by which many others refer to the country, is derived from its name in Marsean rather than Emerstarian. It comes from Emer, meaning "Emerstarian," and terre, meaning "land." It, therefore, means "land of the Emerstarians" or "Emerstarian land." Explorers from Marseille made landfall in English-speaking countries before Emerstarian explorers did, bringing about this state of affairs.

Other names for their land and people are sometimes used by Emerstarians, especially in poetic contexts, such as landen, which means "the land," and folken, which means "the people." Emerkun, meaning "seed of Emærr," is another name for the Emerstarian people.

Emerstari has several flags. The royal standard, known as Emer's Cross, is a Nordic cross that consists of blue, white, and red — in that order, with a blue cross, a white border to that cross, and a red background. There's no official meaning assigned to each of these elements, though each has various connotations. Red, for example, is associated with the blood of the Emerstarian martyrs and the earthy tone of it with the people of Emerstari; white with the Church in Emerstari and her theologians and philosophers; and blue with either Heaven or the many Emerstarian waterways.

Alternatively, blue is associated with the coats of arms of the House of Erik and the House of Leijonhofved, the royal house and an intimately connected noble house. The House of Erik's coat of arms is a blue background with horizontal white streams and red hearts or lily pads laid across these streams. Some suggest that this represents the many rivers that run through central Emerstari, while others say it has a connection with the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The reindeer is the national animal of Emerstari because a reindeer led Erik the Victorious into a forest in which an angel told him that he would become king.
Christian, semi-constitutional monarchy
Current Year: 2036
Current King: Erik XII Georg
(b. 1970, r. 2007-present)
Bunny and Friend:
(\__/) (\(\
(='.'=) ( - -)
(")_(") ((‘) (’)

Narland
Minister

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Narland » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:51 pm

Tell me about your flag.
Surprisingly, the Commonwealth of Narland has no legitimately official National flag. It by tradition uses one of three basic designs, Old Resolute, the former House of Braddock Mercantile Flag, and the Commonwealth Battle Gyronny (aka Battle Flag or Naval Jack). Old Resolute is the unofficial national flag in contradistinction to the naval ensign. The Braddock Flag is the unofficial ensign (but proportioned 1:2 with Coat of Arms centered). The Battle Gyronny is the official Naval Jack, the Battle Flag, and is a show of patriotism by the Citizenry, especially when their government goes astray.

The Citizenry of the interior (hinterlands) tends to use Old Resolute or the Battle Flag, and people and the sea ports tend to use the Braddock Flag. Old Resolute was used by the State of the Commonwealth up until 2003 when due to an unfortunate misunderstanding switched to the Braddock Flag. It is still using it while Congress debates on setting some official flags into statute.

Currently it looks like the Braddock flag will be modified. The shield and crest of the Braddock estate will be removed and replaced by a blue and yellow shield with a gyronny of eight and a stylized golden eagle full display as a crest. The slogan of "Are We There Yet?" will probably not make the cut. The parliamentary process is slow and will probably take a decade to complete.

Old Resolute
The first flag, Old Resolute is a 1 X2 deep and dark indigo blue flag with two horizontal yellow stripes in the upper and lower 1/8th portions. On the obverse in block letters were the letters NARLAND spaced across the width of the broad blue center stripe of the center quarter portion. On the reverse also in same centered size yellow block letters was the year 1781. Variations of it can be 2:3 or 3:5 in proportion.

Old Resolute was made from a bedsheet that was dyed and flown one night at Fort Nar as a denial of surrender in 1781 when an army from the Midland Republic crossed the Big Muddy and tried to capture the then major trading hub of Narport. Until then the Nar Lands, the Western Banks of the Big Muddy and Osaga Domains were a loose confederation. Afterwards they became a strong Federation with a commitment to one another for their mutual self-defense.

The House of Braddock Merchant Flag
The now defunct mercantile house that bankrupted itself to help the peoples of Narland achieve independence. A 3x5 flag of parted into 5 horizontal stripes from top to bottom medium yellow, dutch royal blue, white, dutch royal blue and medium yellow. The yellow and blue stripes take up one seventh of the field, and the center white horizonal stripe takes up 3/7 of the field.

The (fictitious) House of Braddock Coat of arms is displayed without crest, crown, supporters or comportment, but with helmet, torse, mantling and motto. Coat of Arms: Parted per chevron gules and vert, bordure argent, chevron or, chief dexter lozenge argent, chief sinister lozenge argent, base anchor proper. Torse and mantling or and gules. Rocker parchment proper, lettering sable: "Are We There Yet?" Coat of Arms is placed vertically 1/5 size of width of flag inside royal blue tall oval half the width of the flag vertically and 3/8ths the width horizontally, placed centrally 1/3 toward the hoist.

Commonwealth Battle Flag
Also used as the naval jack and as a civilian show of patriotism. Is a square jack gyronny of eight blue and yellow quartered ordinally. Sometimes there is a black eagle displayed (art moderne style) as a device within the center of the upper half.

What do your colours stand for? What is the meaning of them?
Blue stands for the Civic Virtues, and Gold for the Spiritual Virtues. White stands for purity, hope and honesty.

Why and for what do you have certain symbols?
Narland only has the Narlands Antelope (Narbuck) as its official symbol. The Narbuck stands for wisdom, fleetness, providence, endurance, liberty, and the hope for tomorrow. It is also very tasty.

Do you have more flags? (Especially for you @Gridland) What is their meaning? Feel free to tell me everything about your flag(s).
Yes. Every State, Canton, City, Bureau, Business, and many individuals have their own flags. Some (like the Commonwealth itself) are confusing and confused in its application. Too many to list in this post.

Narland has been called the Land of Ugly Flags by the World Alliance of Vexillologists (WAV). To commemorate the People of the Commonwealth summited one of the ugliest flags that broke as many rules of vexillology as possible as its Vexillology Flag. The entire background of the flag was a black and purple tiger-striped with orange polka dots. In the lower half in Ransom Note font were the words: "I Am Proud To Be A Vexillology" TM written in a clashing spray of colors. It the upper half is a cyan chalky drawing of a stick figure deer facing a chalk drawing sun (with a registered trademark symbol), finished up in fine print with "A wholly owned subsidiary of the People of the Commonwealth, all rights reserved" in cyan with a big cyan copyright symbol in the lower left fly). The reverse of the flag was a mirror image of the obverse. The WAV was not impressed. Amused, but not impressed.
Last edited by Narland on Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:42 am, edited 11 times in total.

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:46 pm

Where does the name of your nation come from? What words does it consist of? What is its meaning? Tell me about your name.

Tangatarehua means "People of the god of the stars".

Rehua is the name of the Maori god of the stars, while "Tangata" means "people".

The country is so-named because according to legend, Rehua's daughter Puanga was the grandmother of the first Empress and both gods guided the people to the land that they call home today when they left their original homeland.

Black white and ochre red are traditional Maori/Polynesian colours in vexillology. The emblem consists of the constellation Orion as viewed from the southern hemisphere with Puanga (Rigel) at the top and Tautoro (Orion's belt) at the bottom. This has been the official emblem of the Imperial family since at least 404AD, with Puanga being the ancestor of the Empress.

Another more obscure reason for the flag's colours was that, when it was first adopted in the 19th century, the black red and white combination was supposed to be a tacit endorsement of the German Empire with whom Tangatarehua was briefly allied with against Britain and France, who were the nation's bitter enemies at the time. This reference of course has absolutely no relevance in the modern day, but was a major consideration in the 1870s.

The layout of the flag is also supposed to represent the night sky (top) over the land (bottom), with a small white divide acknowledging the legend of the separation of heaven and earth and the role that the gods played in this.
Last edited by Tangatarehua on Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Empire of Tangatarehua/Te Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

18 March 2024
News: Popular author Ariki Rawhiti Rakau dies aged 58 | Conservative MP says children should be banned from purchasing alcohol | Unemployment rises while interest rates continue to climb | Weather: Tamaki  ☁ 24°C | Whakaara ☀ 16°C | Wharekorana ☀ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ϟ☁ 28°C | Kotiropai ☂⛆ 21°C | Rakipa ☀ 27°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 18°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:48 am

Thanks for sharing, everyone. The new question should be realized soon.
Please do not answer any more of the older questions. Please only answer to the newest. I will collect all answers of this day, until a new question gets published. Thanks

Emerstari wrote:This is a pretty cool idea. Thanks for coming up with it, and I hope you keep at it.

Emersk is the name by which Emerstarians refer to themselves. It's derived from Old Emerstarian Emærr, a name which means "flourishing" or "eloquent" and belongs to the national ancestor of Emerstari, and Old Emerstarian -isk, an adjectival suffix. In their own language, the Emerstarians call their country Emerige, a combination of Emersk and rike, which means "kingdom." As such, it means "kingdom of the Emerstarians" or "the Emerstarian kingdom."

However, "Emerstari," the name by which many others refer to the country, is derived from its name in Marsean rather than Emerstarian. It comes from Emer, meaning "Emerstarian," and terre, meaning "land." It, therefore, means "land of the Emerstarians" or "Emerstarian land." Explorers from Marseille made landfall in English-speaking countries before Emerstarian explorers did, bringing about this state of affairs.

Other names for their land and people are sometimes used by Emerstarians, especially in poetic contexts, such as landen, which means "the land," and folken, which means "the people." Emerkun, meaning "seed of Emærr," is another name for the Emerstarian people.

Emerstari has several flags. The royal standard, known as Emer's Cross, is a Nordic cross that consists of blue, white, and red — in that order, with a blue cross, a white border to that cross, and a red background. There's no official meaning assigned to each of these elements, though each has various connotations. Red, for example, is associated with the blood of the Emerstarian martyrs and the earthy tone of it with the people of Emerstari; white with the Church in Emerstari and her theologians and philosophers; and blue with either Heaven or the many Emerstarian waterways.

Alternatively, blue is associated with the coats of arms of the House of Erik and the House of Leijonhofved, the royal house and an intimately connected noble house. The House of Erik's coat of arms is a blue background with horizontal white streams and red hearts or lily pads laid across these streams. Some suggest that this represents the many rivers that run through central Emerstari, while others say it has a connection with the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The reindeer is the national animal of Emerstari because a reindeer led Erik the Victorious into a forest in which an angel told him that he would become king.

Of course, I am not going to stop now with my Daily Questions. Thanks for sharing
Last edited by Lionsroar on Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meow together!

Nue Cascadia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 27, 2022
Anarchy

Postby Nue Cascadia » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:14 am

Daily Questions:

Cascadia was taken, so "Nue" was really the only logical next step. I decided to incorporate it into the lore, as "Nue" was actually a misspelling of German written by my nations leader, Nathan Connors.

Cascadia itself though refers to the Bioregion of the Pacific Northwest USA, and was named after the Cascades in that bioregion.

Here's an overly fancy document explaining more: https://www.cascadia-institute.org/name.html

Cascadia traditionally has a tricolor flag and this version of Cascadia does not have the Fir Tree in the center. Decided this was best to past the "Liberal Democracy" thing the current movement stands on, and take upon a new take that is accurate to my current nation: A Libertarian one.

The colors themselves represent the great Cascades differently though. The Blue on top represents the blue, misty skies and the rushing Cascade Rivers that flow through the nation. The green represents the mighty forests that encompass the nation, and the Douglas Fir tree. But the white, is the most unique.

It represents the unity of unlikely souls during a time of great civil strife. During the 2nd American Revolution, Cascadia was able to unite Capitalists with Socialists, Anarchists with Statists, Republicans with Democrats, and Libertarians with the Government to create one new bioregional identity and a union that surpasses the strength of all, and is truly like none other.
Great Cascadia, The Land That I Hold Dear!
The Beacon of Liberty across Nue America.
President Nathan Connors Welcomes you to The Great Pacific Northwest!
I don’t use NS Stats. Everything is dictated via the factbooks or told here.

CascadiaNow! BREAKING: As the “Day of endless cheer” raises 600,000 Cascades, Government announces the biggest present of all: CASCADIA HAS OFFICIALLY REPORTED NET ZERO CARBON EMISSIONS IN ITS ECONOMY! WE ARE OFFICIALLY CARBON NEUTRAL!| With the help of Charities and businesses, 64% of Cascadia's forests are now restored, announces Salem | The Pacifica Free Trade Agreement, an FTA between Cascadia, California and other Asian Nations, announces new members: Singapore and South Korea. Rumors speculate Malaysia and Thailand might join.

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:18 am

Nue Cascadia wrote:Daily Questions:

Cascadia was taken, so "Nue" was really the only logical next step. I decided to incorporate it into the lore, as "Nue" was actually a misspelling of German written by my nations leader, Nathan Connors.

Cascadia itself though refers to the Bioregion of the Pacific Northwest USA, and was named after the Cascades in that bioregion.

Here's an overly fancy document explaining more: https://www.cascadia-institute.org/name.html

Cascadia traditionally has a tricolor flag and this version of Cascadia does not have the Fir Tree in the center. Decided this was best to past the "Liberal Democracy" thing the current movement stands on, and take upon a new take that is accurate to my current nation: A Libertarian one.

The colors themselves represent the great Cascades differently though. The Blue on top represents the blue, misty skies and the rushing Cascade Rivers that flow through the nation. The green represents the mighty forests that encompass the nation, and the Douglas Fir tree. But the white, is the most unique.

It represents the unity of unlikely souls during a time of great civil strife. During the 2nd American Revolution, Cascadia was able to unite Capitalists with Socialists, Anarchists with Statists, Republicans with Democrats, and Libertarians with the Government to create one new bioregional identity and a union that surpasses the strength of all, and is truly like none other.

Thanks for sharing.
Meow together!

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:20 am

New question published. Please only answer to this from now on. (That is the sense of a "Daily" Question. Who comes too late, can't participate.)

The Daily Question Magazine Version #3 from the 05.10.2022
The lions are roaring, the wolves howling, the birds flying, you (hopefully) breathing. And I am coming to deliver another question. I hope you enjoy today’s question; I hope you have fun and if you need information, read the texts down below or ask me your question. Enjoy!
Daily Question #3: L-L-Leader?
Tell me about your leader. How did he come to power? What are his character traits? Which ideology or political opinion does he support? How does he rule? Is he loved by the people or hated by everyone?
People in a dictatorship can also send me a secret telegram!
Or a short explanation:
How does it work? I plan to ask you a different question about your nation every day. You can answer (or not) and learn about other nations, or expand your own nation with the help of these questions (worldbuilding). It's just a little game to get some more variety and fun into the RMB.
I am happy to receive answers. The daily questions will be repeated every day from time to time, meanwhile new questions will be coming some time the next day. Have fun!
Meow together!

Nue Cascadia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 27, 2022
Anarchy

Postby Nue Cascadia » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:46 am

Lionsroar wrote:New question published. Please only answer to this from now on. (That is the sense of a "Daily" Question. Who comes too late, can't participate.)

The lions are roaring, the wolves howling, the birds flying, you (hopefully) breathing. And I am coming to deliver another question. I hope you enjoy today’s question; I hope you have fun and if you need information, read the texts down below or ask me your question. Enjoy!
Tell me about your leader. How did he come to power? What are his character traits? Which ideology or political opinion does he support? How does he rule? Is he loved by the people or hated by everyone?
Or a short explanation:
I am happy to receive answers. The daily questions will be repeated every day from time to time, meanwhile new questions will be coming some time the next day. Have fun!

Oh boy, this is a long one.

Nathan Connors. Nathan was always a man that wanted to achieve great social change for the betterment of society. What really propelled him to do so was the death of his father, Andrew. Andrew was a Senator in the state of Oregon who got wrapped up in a conspiracy that got him trialed for treason, and was then executed. Growing up Fatherless hurt Connors in more way's then one, but it inspired him to continue his fathers legacy. When it was revealed that his father was falsely charged for these crimes and the corruption of the government that followed, He lead several protests until eventually leading those protestors to the steps of the Government in Salem. While demanding justice for his father, National Guard was called in, and opened fired on the protestors. While Connors was worse for wear, the death of over 80 and the 100 wounded people caused him to disappear, in search of answers to his already lost and defeated mind. He eventually came upon the MIses Institute, which inspired him to be a Libertarian and be granted a new purpose: Spread the Liberty Movement.

For the next several years, he campaigned, and won several government positions and eventually winning the Oregon Governor Race. In the process, he inspired 7 other people to rise up for Liberty, against the state. However, when the government sent in FBI agents to assassinate Connors and his allies, he realized that achieving change was impossible in the government. With several other incidents and massacres, Connors gathered a Union and conjoined the states of Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Alaska to declare independence. With 7 other states doing the same, Cascadia and Nathan lead a new Revolution against the government and ended it's tyranny once and for all.

When Cascadia declared independence, the first Cascadian Elections were held, where Nathan won in a landslide. From numerous elections, he kept winning and today he is here serving as the Federal Republics President.

Nathan changed a lot when he grew up, but nowadays as he is in his 60s, he has grown to be humble, patient, loving, caring and admirable. He rules fairly, and is actually friends with some of the other party heads, like Caden Bower, who is head of the Cascadian Nationalist Party. Cascadias people love Connors, he fought for their rights both on the battlefield and now at home. But while he is nearing the end of his 1st term, he plans to retire with his family. His wife and 2 sons, which he loves more than anything.

Edit: sorry of there was a lot of weird inconsistencies or spelling errors, I'm actually really tired rn lol.

You can take a look at this factbook for more info on Nathan: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=nue ... id=1763719

In the mean time, I'm going to bed. Gn.
Last edited by Nue Cascadia on Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Great Cascadia, The Land That I Hold Dear!
The Beacon of Liberty across Nue America.
President Nathan Connors Welcomes you to The Great Pacific Northwest!
I don’t use NS Stats. Everything is dictated via the factbooks or told here.

CascadiaNow! BREAKING: As the “Day of endless cheer” raises 600,000 Cascades, Government announces the biggest present of all: CASCADIA HAS OFFICIALLY REPORTED NET ZERO CARBON EMISSIONS IN ITS ECONOMY! WE ARE OFFICIALLY CARBON NEUTRAL!| With the help of Charities and businesses, 64% of Cascadia's forests are now restored, announces Salem | The Pacifica Free Trade Agreement, an FTA between Cascadia, California and other Asian Nations, announces new members: Singapore and South Korea. Rumors speculate Malaysia and Thailand might join.

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:50 am

Nue Cascadia wrote:
Lionsroar wrote:New question published. Please only answer to this from now on. (That is the sense of a "Daily" Question. Who comes too late, can't participate.)

Or a short explanation:

Oh boy, this is a long one.

Nathan Connors. Nathan was always a man that wanted to achieve great social change for the betterment of society. What really propelled him to do so was the death of his father, Andrew. Andrew was a Senator in the state of Oregon who got wrapped up in a conspiracy that got him trialed for treason, and was then executed. Growing up Fatherless hurt Connors in more way's then one, but it inspired him to continue his fathers legacy. When it was revealed that his father was falsely charged for these crimes and the corruption of the government that followed, He lead several protests until eventually leading those protestors to the steps of the Government in Salem. While demanding justice for his father, National Guard was called in, and opened fired on the protestors. While Connors was worse for wear, the death of over 80 and the 100 wounded people caused him to disappear, in search of answers to his already lost and defeated mind. He eventually came upon the MIses Institute, which inspired him to be a Libertarian and be granted a new purpose: Spread the Liberty Movement.

For the next several years, he campaigned, and won several government positions and eventually winning the Oregon Governor Race. In the process, he inspired 7 other people to rise up for Liberty, against the state. However, when the government sent in FBI agents to assassinate Connors and his allies, he realized that achieving change was impossible in the government. With several other incidents and massacres, Connors gathered a Union and conjoined the states of Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Alaska to declare independence. With 7 other states doing the same, Cascadia and Nathan lead a new Revolution against the government and ended it's tyranny once and for all.

When Cascadia declared independence, the first Cascadian Elections were held, where Nathan won in a landslide. From numerous elections, he kept winning and today he is here serving as the Federal Republics President.

Nathan changed a lot when he grew up, but nowadays as he is in his 60s, he has grown to be humble, patient, loving, caring and admirable. He rules fairly, and is actually friends with some of the other party heads, like Caden Bower, who is head of the Cascadian Nationalist Party. Cascadias people love Connors, he fought for their rights both on the battlefield and now at home. But while he is nearing the end of his 1st term, he plans to retire with his family. His wife and 2 sons, which he loves more than anything.

Edit: sorry of there was a lot of weird inconsistencies or spelling errors, I'm actually really tired rn lol.

It was long, but interesting. And I don't really care about spelling errors, the most important part is readability, and this was surely given. Thanks for sharing and ... a good night :clap:
Meow together!

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:24 am

Lisander is one of the names of the nation also known as Azhaar. Both names are official, and refer commonly to two parts of the nation. When nation was founded, settlers reached first the southwestern archipelago, and named it Azhaar. For the first decades, only the small archipelago was populated. When reaching the continent, the "new lands" were known as the Lands of Prince Lisander (The man named Lisander, Prince of Azhaar, was the second prince of the nation). So the lands of Azhaar belong to Lisander, and vice-versa. As time went by, Lisander's territory became larger than Azhaar's, and the smaller one eventually adopted the name of the larger one, kind of by "osmosis". Even today, the title of the monarch of the country is "Prince of Lisander and Azhaar".

The Flag of Lisander is the Princely standard of the country, bearing the national Arms in the form of a Flag. Being a "symbol of the monarch itself", Lisander flag never had an official design until last year, following merely the "blazon" (i.e. the heraldic description), and we could see different shades of green and fleurs de lis based on the taste of the monarch or what were the fabrics available. When the nation joined Olympics, it made the Government rule about "allowed" and "preferred" depictions of the national flag.

The Head of State, Prince Johannes of Lisander is a discreet man. After serving in the military, he acquired a degree in Diplomatic Affairs. Currently, he works as head of state. His most known hobby is Fencing, and he's a former Olympian itself, having competed under a false identity. Even with constitutional immunity, and having faced some backlash at the time, he chose to pay the fine, estimated at L$400,000, for "ideological falsehood", "falsification of documents" and "coercion of a public official". The Head of the Government is Prime-Minister Fernand Ecker, and he was extensively reported here.
Last edited by Lisander on Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

The Grand Western Empire
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Western Empire » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:16 am

Emperor Arvius Anderson came to power through a coup. He equipped his followers with rifles and ordered them up arrest the patriarchs, the leaders of the tribe. He installed himself as Emperor once they had been arrested.
Calmness. Anderson prioritizes calmness above all else. He believes that not maintaining a calm demeanor at all times will result in tragic accidents.
Monarchy. He believes that only through absolute power can he secure the Empire's future.
With the economy and people in mind. He focuses on boosting the economy because that will in turnhelp his people.
The people's feelings on him are mixed. Many of the older people of the Empire dislike him, while the younger adore him.
══════∩═════  
    ╭╬╮        ◢
▁╭▅▆▇□□█▇▆▅▄▃▂▁(╳)█╮
╰═=_▃▁▁▁▁▁∠▔▔
   ╙O ╙O

( -_•)╦̵̵̿╤─ ╚(•⌂•)╝
--------------------------------------------

(O_O)€▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
[███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. ( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── ¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\3=(^_^)

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:21 am

Lisander wrote:-Thanks for sharing-

Thanks for participating. Beautiful and interesting answer.
The Grand Western Empire wrote:-Thanks-

Thanks for sharing again! Appreciated.
Last edited by Lionsroar on Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meow together!

Teletubieland
Spokesperson

Founded: May 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Teletubieland » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:24 am

We have a heredtary monarch, Emporer Pedro Gonzales. Our monarchy is descended from a distant relative of the Spanish king. The Emporer is not an absolute monarch but has some power, it is not a purely ceremonial role. The Emporer is the personification of the nation and embodied and shares our ideology, which is essentially socially conservative, nationalistic, and economically socialist. He is well loved by the people.
This nation reflects some of my RL views, but with everything taken to the extreme.
RL Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -5.88; Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.72

All Hail Emporer Pedro of Teletubieland!
God save the King and his commie regime!

Democracy doesn't work. Nor does "Europe".

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:54 am

Teletubieland wrote:Daily Question #3: L-L-Leader?

We have a heredtary monarch, Emporer Pedro Gonzales. Our monarchy is descended from a distant relative of the Spanish king. The Emporer is not an absolute monarch but has some power, it is not a purely ceremonial role. The Emporer is the personification of the nation and embodied and shares our ideology, which is essentially socially conservative, nationalistic, and economically socialist. He is well loved by the people.

Thanks for sharing. And cool name.
Meow together!

Emerstari
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Emerstari » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:27 pm

Emerstari is technically an elective monarchy. The electoral body, known as the Kronsþing, consists of the male descendants of Erik VIII Olof (1679-1744), who reigned from 1718 to 1744, and the peers of the realm. As such, it includes several hundred electors. In practice, however, Emerstari is a hereditary monarchy. The House of Erik, in their recent restoration, has been on the throne since 1718; and the throne has been in the current line of that house since 1872.

Erik XII Georg (1968-present) is the current king of the Emerstarians. He succeeded his father, Erik XI Thjoderik, upon his abdication in 1994. Before his accession, as prince, Erik was an important patron of sports and an active lifestyle in Emerstari, being one of the first members of the royal family to patronize sports other than golf, yachting, game hunting, and horse racing — traditional sports of the Emerstarian upper class. He was an avid hiker, soccer player, and swimmer, having trained as a frogman in the Royal Navy.

In 1992, he married Elsa Ljundmark, and together they have had three children: Frederik Johann (1993), Karl Olof (1995), and María Magdelena (1997). Frederik Johann is the current heir presumptive, expected to succeed his father as king.

Erik XII Georg doesn't support a particular political ideology as an elected politician might due to his being a king — a father of the people and husband of the nation in the Emerstarian mind. Nevertheless, as is expected of an Emerstarian monarch, he is a devout member of the Church. He aspires to be like his grandfather Erik X Gustaf, who reigned from 1916 to 1972 and whose rule defined modern Emerstari; he is placed among the greatest of the Emerstarian monarchs. A majority of the population holds him in high regard.
Christian, semi-constitutional monarchy
Current Year: 2036
Current King: Erik XII Georg
(b. 1970, r. 2007-present)
Bunny and Friend:
(\__/) (\(\
(='.'=) ( - -)
(")_(") ((‘) (’)

Grand Emilia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Emilia » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:39 pm

The etymology of Grand Emilia is uncertain. The earliest record of the name is in a diary entry of English whaler Joseph Rivers-Chiper that states "This land, this Grande Emilia, is of a calibre of no other." It's unknown whether he used the term as a noun or an adjective, but when Rivers-Chiper later led a settlement expedition to the island in the late 18th century, the name would come to represent the community living on the island.

The flag uses two shades of purple, Eminence and Lavender. The Eminence Purple is said to represent the elegance and culture of the people of Grand Emilia. The Lavender Purple represents the natural beauty of the islands, taking from the abundance of heather found on the Mainland. The centrepiece of the flag, the Rose, pays homage to the man who discovered Grand Emilia, Captain Rivers-Chiper, and his homeland of Yorkshire, England.

The leader of Grand Emilia is Madam Eleanor White, Caretaker of the Commonwealth. She was elected as such in 2019 after serving as the Economic Minister of her faction of the Commonwealth for 3 years. She's known for her eccentricity compared to past Caretakers, being one of the youngest Caretakers in the country's history. Her administration is heavily focused on welfare and public transportation, and is rather well received by the public.
Last edited by Grand Emilia on Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her // NS player since 2016 looking for a fresh start. Will talk about music for food.
(I also make history videos on YouTube sometimes!)

The Commonwealth of Grand Emilia
(NS Stats are heavily cherrypicked, all RP is from the POV of my nation's leader unless specified otherwise.)
A Brief Guide to Grand Emilia | A Brief Guide to Myself

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information