NATION

PASSWORD

Russia unironically has compulsory organ harvesting

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Putin Rus
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 26, 2022
Ex-Nation

Russia unironically has compulsory organ harvesting

Postby Putin Rus » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:55 pm

So, I just looked up Russia's stance on compulsory organ harvesting (for realism's sake), and I found out they literally harvest your organs without your consent. Russia said asking for permission before taking your organs is inhumane. I can't make this shit up.

The Federal State of Novorossiya
Secretary

Founded: Mar 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal State of Novorossiya » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:57 pm

Source please
Unapologetically optimistic and nihilistic
No corn and rice
Funds for charity
I’m a real bitch trying to sound like I’m mature and I don’t care but I’m really vain and insecure online and in real life, imitating the attitudes and opinions of political YouTubers and commentators I like on the internet
Copy and paste

Broke: I want WW3 to happen because I want to die.
Woke: I want WW3 to happen because of this
Breaking News: Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukrainian comedian and incumbent President of Ukraine, has been found by hentai artists and his name has appeared on Rule 34’s search bar.
If only I have 1,000 identical brothers I would have taken over the metaverse.

The Federal State of Novorossiya
Secretary

Founded: Mar 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal State of Novorossiya » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:59 pm

Putin Rus wrote:https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-organ-harvesting-grieving-mother/27617168.html
https://apnews.com/article/595b6e686e32 ... 96cf537af1
https://globalnews.ca/news/2640431/deva ... ation-law/

Thank you.
Unapologetically optimistic and nihilistic
No corn and rice
Funds for charity
I’m a real bitch trying to sound like I’m mature and I don’t care but I’m really vain and insecure online and in real life, imitating the attitudes and opinions of political YouTubers and commentators I like on the internet
Copy and paste

Broke: I want WW3 to happen because I want to die.
Woke: I want WW3 to happen because of this
Breaking News: Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukrainian comedian and incumbent President of Ukraine, has been found by hentai artists and his name has appeared on Rule 34’s search bar.
If only I have 1,000 identical brothers I would have taken over the metaverse.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:02 pm

Two of these articles are from 2016 and the other is from 2018. Has the situation changed since then? And why did you feel like you had to let us know of this particular fact at this particular time - i.e. fifteen minutes after you joined NationStates with a nation called "Putin Rus" that flies the Russian flag?
Last edited by Tinhampton on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Juansonia
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Juansonia » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:03 pm

According to the sources, it's not compulsory, but I will admit that it's close enough to be shocking.
Hatsune Miku > British Imperialism
IC: MT if you ignore some stuff(mostly flavor), stats are not canon. Embassy link.
OOC: Owns and (sometimes) wears a maid outfit, wants to pair it with a FN SCAR-L. He/Him/His
Kernen did nothing wrong.
Space Squid wrote:Each sin should get it's own month.

Right now, Pride gets June, and Greed, Envy, and Gluttony have to share Thanksgiving/Black Friday through Christmas, Sloth gets one day in September, and Lust gets one day in February.

It's not equitable at all
Gandoor wrote:Cliché: A mod making a reply that's full of swearing after someone asks if you're allowed to swear on this site.

It makes me chuckle every time it happens.
Brits mistake Miku for their Anthem

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:05 pm

It might not be so bad, provided the state makes sure you are dead before cutting open and taking. There is a limited time where a person is dead but some major organs can be kept "alive enough" for transplants.

"Too dead to care" about anything after I'm gone.
Last edited by Saiwania on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Putin Rus
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Putin Rus » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:08 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Two of these articles are from 2016 and the other is from 2018. Has the situation changed since then? And why did you feel like you had to let us know of this particular fact at this particular time - i.e. fifteen minutes after you joined NationStates with a nation called "Putin Rus" that flies the Russian flag?

Because I just got the compulsory organ harvesting issue and looked it up out of curiosity, I thought it was wild. Now that I look more into it though, way more countries than just Russia have that policy so it's probably not that crazy

Putin Rus
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Putin Rus » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:10 pm

Also yeah it isn't compulsory my bad delete the post pls

Bewaffnete Krafte
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bewaffnete Krafte » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:11 pm

Saiwania wrote:It might not be so bad, provided the state makes sure you are dead before cutting open and taking. There is a limited time where a person is dead but some major organs can be kept "alive enough" for transplants.

"Too dead to care" about anything after I'm gone.

Some people care about both their bodies and others' bodies when they are dead. Organ Harvesting should be exclusively consentary.
The Federal Republic of Germany"Gott Mit Uns"Established 7/30/1947
A Grand and Free Germany, with Fair and Democratic elections, United in their chant for Prosperity. After the world war, large-scale education campaigns made the modern germany one of the most politically stable, anti-Fascist nations in the world.
|President: Gottfried Schaffer (DPB)|Prime Minister: Monika Wißler (SDP)|
Map
 WächterNEWS|Populist Right Wing Eine Deutschland Partei, 4th in Bundestag, makes official statement towards the acquirement of the Rhineland. Friday, November 19th, 2021 8:16 PM CET

Awesomeland
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Awesomeland » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:17 pm

Well, the dead can't say no. And they certainly won't be needing those anymore. What was anyone else gonna do with them, keep them mummified in jars?

Based Illinois
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Based Illinois » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 pm

What about sarcastic, or even plain contrarian organ harvesting - are either being implemented?

Bewaffnete Krafte
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bewaffnete Krafte » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:20 pm

Awesomeland wrote:Well, the dead can't say no. And they certainly won't be needing those anymore. What was anyone else gonna do with them, keep them mummified in jars?

Saying "It can't say no" as a way of justifying doing something is about the worst argument someone can make.
And, yes, Dead people can say no, if they tell you before their death "I do not want my organs to be harvested."
People have the right to their own body, both in life and after.
The Federal Republic of Germany"Gott Mit Uns"Established 7/30/1947
A Grand and Free Germany, with Fair and Democratic elections, United in their chant for Prosperity. After the world war, large-scale education campaigns made the modern germany one of the most politically stable, anti-Fascist nations in the world.
|President: Gottfried Schaffer (DPB)|Prime Minister: Monika Wißler (SDP)|
Map
 WächterNEWS|Populist Right Wing Eine Deutschland Partei, 4th in Bundestag, makes official statement towards the acquirement of the Rhineland. Friday, November 19th, 2021 8:16 PM CET

El Lazaro
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 19, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby El Lazaro » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:25 pm

Opt-out organ harvesting is pretty reasonable. People are more likely to choose organ donation if it’s the default option. You still have the freedom to choose and more patients can be treated. It’s a win-win scenario.

Putin Rus
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Putin Rus » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 pm

El Lazaro wrote:Opt-out organ harvesting is pretty reasonable. People are more likely to choose organ donation if it’s the default option. You still have the freedom to choose and more patients can be treated. It’s a win-win scenario.

True, I spoke too soon. We have it in Canada, lol.

Mods delete this post, I don't want to spread misinformation and I'm treading a thin fucking line already by having this account

Awesomeland
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Awesomeland » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:51 pm

Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:Saying "It can't say no" as a way of justifying doing something is about the worst argument someone can make.
And, yes, Dead people can say no, if they tell you before their death "I do not want my organs to be harvested."
People have the right to their own body, both in life and after.

And they have the option to do that even in this case. This option was not exercised.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General