NATION

PASSWORD

What if America lost the War Of Independence

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

El Lazaro
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 19, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby El Lazaro » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:45 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:It’s in agreement with what I learned from my history classes in Canada. Now if I could find my old textbook(s), that would further strengthen my case. In this day and age, many online sources have as much if not more reliability than even books. If anything, books are a sign of the olden times.

“Canada is the best country ever and has done nothing wrong. America smells and is worse at everything.” - the unbiased Canadian government

Port Caverton
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Caverton » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:48 pm

El Lazaro wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:It’s in agreement with what I learned from my history classes in Canada. Now if I could find my old textbook(s), that would further strengthen my case. In this day and age, many online sources have as much if not more reliability than even books. If anything, books are a sign of the olden times.

“Canada is the best country ever and has done nothing wrong. America smells and is worse at everything.” - the unbiased Canadian government

Another reason as to why America needs to annex Canada
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:58 pm

Port Caverton wrote:
El Lazaro wrote:“Canada is the best country ever and has done nothing wrong. America smells and is worse at everything.” - the unbiased Canadian government

Yuck
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Erablegensstan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Erablegensstan » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:15 pm

Port Caverton wrote:
El Lazaro wrote:“Canada is the best country ever and has done nothing wrong. America smells and is worse at everything.” - the unbiased Canadian government

And you wonder why no one likes americans... Arrogant people.
Don't like em, simple as.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:06 pm

El Lazaro wrote:

Canada never said that. Canada and USA are allies, they wouldn’t bad mouth.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Perikuresu
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Perikuresu » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:45 am

1. Based
2. Canadian identity is literally "We're not American, oh and we also have the French"
A Pacific nation or a MT liberalwank nation whose main premise is composed on a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities
NS Stats non canon, NS Policies canon tho
Aerilia is lying! They're not a unicorn, they're a Welsh Dragon!

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:13 am

Erablegensstan wrote:
Port Caverton wrote:Another reason as to why America needs to annex Canada

We're not the only arrogant nation. I'd argue that everybody is arrogat at times. We just do it best. Ohhhhhh, I see your point.

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:14 am

El Lazaro wrote:

If Canada really is best, than all the more reason to take over. We want the best. And totally not the o*l up in the tundra.

Continental Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Continental Free States » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:21 am

What I'm thinking is that there wouldn't be the sort of massive population boom in America as it happened in real life in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. The British would seek to keep the colonies mainly agricultural, reliant on British industry through providing them raw resources for said manufacturing. Pro-Independence protests would probably happen to a large degree, but it'd likely lead to something resembling Canadian Confederation, but maybe across North America (in form of a Dominion of North America? Maybe? I don't know to be honest). I doubt Britain would buy Louisiana from the French in the 1800s, or seek expansion into Florida, though mass migration into Mexico and the establishment of "Yankee Republics" in what is now Mexican Cession, California, and Texas would be likely. Doubt it'd be like For the Want of a Nail though.

As for independence... well it's hard to think what would happen in an alternate history this far branching, but I'd say it would be part of a larger "British Commonwealth" similar to America, though whether it'd be in form of one large North America or several smaller dominions is another question.
Last edited by Continental Free States on Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
☆ ☆ ☆ Foroned Provinces of AmericaFair Freedom's orlain son long to command ☆ ☆ ☆
Will abandon this NS for another account
Hard Reboot of ttl, possibly in Wrong English
25 y/o Bachelor of Laws, studying Masters in Intl Relations
Daily Nighfraigner: Uproars begin in New York after 'Boroughmasterly Edict' puts heavy geldstrafes on anyone owning a wagon | Not-Christers may not stand for rightership, Overster Highhove beslots in Choudhury g. New England | Halfdan Ellsberg, forbreaker doomed to life in gefangness for leaking Offdealing of Crigfare gewrites in 1982, found dead in his haftroom | Terrorongripe on Elysia kills 19 diplomats, heavily wounds French Presidentine, Arabish Crownprince and Trucecoastish Premier amid feastmeal held to aeren said Crownprince | Greekland sank ship bearing EB burghers fleeing burghercrig in Egypt, killing 100 burghers from England, Frankric, Doechland,, and others

Port Caverton
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Caverton » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:14 am

Erablegensstan wrote:
Port Caverton wrote:Another reason as to why America needs to annex Canada

I'm from Canada lol
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Bovad
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2022

Postby Bovad » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:13 am

Port Caverton wrote:
Erablegensstan wrote:

I'm from Canada lol

Then you have never been to america
Þ=Th. Join the revival.
Marxist-leninist, atheist, pro-choice, pro-LGBT+. Fuck Nazis.
GENERATION 34: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross" -Apocryphally attributed to Sinclair Lewis.

Platoon of Peace
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Platoon of Peace » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:16 am

Y'all really don't like america, do you?
Daily smartman things occasionally.

So like you know when you walk into an debate thinking you're gonna beat this guys ass verbally and then walk out realising you're an idiot? Yeah that'd never be me.
human of the american male variety
Would be a republican if trump didn't feel like existing and being himself, now tends to be more of a democrat-centrist dude
maaaybe bi? IDK I'll figure it out at some point.
catholic. god imagine being catholic it would suck so much
pro: actual news, lgbtq rights, catholic church

THANKS TO YOUR [Total Jackass stunts] I HAVE [Becomed] [insert mood here].

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:25 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Canada and USA are allies, they wouldn’t bad mouth.

*distant English and Frenchmen laughing*
Last edited by Haganham on Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Erablegensstan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erablegensstan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:34 am

Platoon of Peace wrote:Y'all really don't like america, do you?

Why should we?

Literally you have one thing going for you, and that's the 2nd amendment.

Platoon of Peace
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Platoon of Peace » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:36 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

MMMMMMMM no.
Erablegensstan wrote:
Platoon of Peace wrote:Y'all really don't like america, do you?

Why should we?

I would certainly think that I have more than one thing going for us, considering how we are probably in the top 10% of the world for live standards. Don't quote me on this, educated guess here.

So like you know when you walk into an debate thinking you're gonna beat this guys ass verbally and then walk out realising you're an idiot? Yeah that'd never be me.
Would be a republican if trump didn't feel like existing and being himself, now tends to be more of a democrat-centrist dude

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:38 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

you know which two countries are also allies?

if you guessed kygryzstan and tajikistan, you'd be correct!
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Erablegensstan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erablegensstan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:46 am

Platoon of Peace wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

MMMMMMMM no.
Erablegensstan wrote:
Why should we?

I would certainly think that I have more than one thing going for us, considering how we are probably in the top 10% of the world for live standards. Don't quote me on this, educated guess here.

The US promotes a lot of filth and exploitation around the world. Those living standards (which, having been to some rural parts of the US, I call into question) are built off of the backs of that.

Bovad
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2022

Postby Bovad » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:49 am

Platoon of Peace wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

MMMMMMMM no.
Erablegensstan wrote:
Why should we?

Our living standards are declining
Þ=Th. Join the revival.
Marxist-leninist, atheist, pro-choice, pro-LGBT+. Fuck Nazis.
GENERATION 34: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross" -Apocryphally attributed to Sinclair Lewis.

El Lazaro
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 19, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby El Lazaro » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:18 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Did you really live in Canada? America wouldn’t badmouth Canada, but it doesn’t go both ways. Being America 2 is embarrassing for Canadian progressives, so they pretend to be a distinct and more civilized country while coincidentally having a lot in common with America.

Continental Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Continental Free States » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:20 am

El Lazaro wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Did you really live in Canada? America wouldn’t badmouth Canada, but it doesn’t go both ways. Being America 2 is embarrassing for Canadian progressives, so they pretend to be a distinct and more civilized country while coincidentally having a lot in common with America.

By "Having a lot in common" you mean "effectively having become culturally colonized by America in the recent 80 odd years to the point their talking points are almost indistinguishable". Then again, the alternative would be a white-majority rule colonial state so maybe the whole cultural colonization isn't all that bad.
☆ ☆ ☆ Foroned Provinces of AmericaFair Freedom's orlain son long to command ☆ ☆ ☆
Will abandon this NS for another account
Hard Reboot of ttl, possibly in Wrong English
25 y/o Bachelor of Laws, studying Masters in Intl Relations
Daily Nighfraigner: Uproars begin in New York after 'Boroughmasterly Edict' puts heavy geldstrafes on anyone owning a wagon | Not-Christers may not stand for rightership, Overster Highhove beslots in Choudhury g. New England | Halfdan Ellsberg, forbreaker doomed to life in gefangness for leaking Offdealing of Crigfare gewrites in 1982, found dead in his haftroom | Terrorongripe on Elysia kills 19 diplomats, heavily wounds French Presidentine, Arabish Crownprince and Trucecoastish Premier amid feastmeal held to aeren said Crownprince | Greekland sank ship bearing EB burghers fleeing burghercrig in Egypt, killing 100 burghers from England, Frankric, Doechland,, and others

Platoon of Peace
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Platoon of Peace » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:29 am

Erablegensstan wrote:
Platoon of Peace wrote:MMMMMMMM no.

The US promotes a lot of filth and exploitation around the world. Those living standards (which, having been to some rural parts of the US, I call into question) are built off of the backs of that.

No one knows what's going on in rural parts of america, not even the rural americans.
Bovad wrote:
Platoon of Peace wrote:MMMMMMMM no.

Our living standards are declining

While that is somewhat true, I believe that was because of Covid and the government's useless response to that. Now that it's much less of an issue, I expect that they will go back up.
El Lazaro wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Yeah, we would never badmouth those hockey-watching idiots that end all of their sentences with "eh".

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:30 am

Port Caverton wrote:

I think you mean North Montana. Hasn't been called Canada in years :lol:

This is a movie reference.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:01 am

Platoon of Peace wrote:Yeah, we would never badmouth those hockey-watching idiots that end all of their sentences with "eh".

And if we did, they'd apologize to us for it!

Seriously though, it's like some people can't understand that Americans "badmouthing" Canada is just friendly ribbing...
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

Spokesland
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Spokesland » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:04 am

The Two Jerseys wrote:
Platoon of Peace wrote:Yeah, we would never badmouth those hockey-watching idiots that end all of their sentences with "eh".

And if we did, they'd apologize to us for it!

Seriously though, it's like some people can't understand that Americans "badmouthing" Canada is just friendly ribbing...

I think the Canadians are up to something, why be that nice....
"Freedom is the right to question and change the established war of doing things. It is the right to put forth an idea, scoffed at by experts, and watch it catch fire among the people. It is the right to dream-to follow your dream and conscience, even if you're only one in a sea of doubters."

Erablegensstan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erablegensstan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:16 am

Continental Free States wrote:
El Lazaro wrote:Did you really live in Canada? America wouldn’t badmouth Canada, but it doesn’t go both ways. Being America 2 is embarrassing for Canadian progressives, so they pretend to be a distinct and more civilized country while coincidentally having a lot in common with America.

By "Having a lot in common" you mean "effectively having become culturally colonized by America in the recent 80 odd years to the point their talking points are almost indistinguishable". Then again, the alternative would be a white-majority rule colonial state so maybe the whole cultural colonization isn't all that bad.

Lmao you Americans like to think that. So delusional.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General