NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Are the decks of DEATed nations wiped?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Panagouge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

[Q] Are the decks of DEATed nations wiped?

Postby Panagouge » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:06 pm

As per the title, is all cards data wiped form DEATed nations? If not, that's a fair bit of data NS could both save and afford to wipe.
Last edited by Panagouge on Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I exist, and so do you.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:44 pm

Panagouge wrote: is all cards data wiped form DEATed nations?

No, and the number of deleted nations is dwarfed by the number of CTE nations (who get their cards back when they log back in. The people who come here to troll and spam are probably not card collectors anyway. They don't have the patience.

Panagouge wrote:that's a fair bit of data NS could both save and afford to wipe.

I doubt it's all that much. It's not like we keep images on every nation. It's just a few tick marks in a database, with a single copy of the cards somewhere on the server. I'd be surprised if it took up more than 250 KB.

Return to Technical