NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome To Harkback Union - OOC - Half-closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:51 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Not really no, I'm going in blind and broken.

Oh boi, in that case the results are bad.
However, not fatally so.
I'll have to take a 12 hours break now though, expect replies after that.

A fun phrase to ponder: Yes, a nat 1!

I will need to update her inventory, since she now only has her statuette, bangles, goggles, and her ID. Her knapsack, it seems, has been lost.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:15 pm

Oh, Fardel? I believe Hark has stated that the guards will speak any given language, automatic translators and knowledge of world tongues and whatnot. Unless the language your character speaks has an extremely good reason to be unknown, I think you can assume translation convention.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:33 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh, Fardel? I believe Hark has stated that the guards will speak any given language, automatic translators and knowledge of world tongues and whatnot. Unless the language your character speaks has an extremely good reason to be unknown, I think you can assume translation convention.

Thank you for reminding me! It is now fixed.
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:42 pm

So. What the flip does a government censor actually do, anyway?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:54 am

OPPSIE Ralnis, the cat was only imaginary right? I can edit it out.
Sometimes my brain is completely unable to connect the dots.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:56 am

Harkback Union wrote:OPPSIE Ralnis, the cat was only imaginary right? I can edit it out.
Sometimes my brain is completely unable to connect the dots.

Yeah it was, but no worries. I'm on the ship and the penalty isn't that crippling.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:11 am

Olthenia wrote:So. What the flip does a government censor actually do, anyway?

IIRC, usually censors are deployed in war zones or to secret projects, and monitor correspondence and communications for sensitive information. The old stereotype is a person who opens outgoing letter from a military facility and cuts out any discussion in those letters that should be disclosed.

Say, a man talking about his work on an Iranian nuclear project. His letter might say something like:

"Today we transferred to the facility at Natan, which is much more arid than the base down at sea level where we used to be housed. I am looking forward to seeing you soon when I get leave, dearest. The flight back to Tehran takes almost six hours though!"

The censor might trim that statement down to

"Today we transferred to the facility at _____, which is much more arid than the base _______ __________________. I am looking forward to seeing you soon when I get leave, dearest. The flight back to ______ takes almost ________ though!"

or, in a more modern setting.

"Today we went for a walk, enjoying the dry desert air. I am looking forward to seeing you whenever I get leave, dearest. The trip back home will be delightful!"
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:22 am

Dr. Xu would have fun in that position. He'd either censor nothing or everything. So the whole communication is redacted and no one can tell what anything says.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:30 am

Olthenia wrote:So. What the flip does a government censor actually do, anyway?

Oh yes, its gonna be fun. I'll explain when you arrive at your post.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:32 am

Sorry about the delays.
Had to get my feet X-rayed.
Turns out, I got a broken bone but its exactly where it should be, so no need for plasters, but doctor told me to stay home for 6 whole weeks, which is AWESOME.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:56 am

Harkback Union wrote:Sorry about the delays.
Turns out, I got a broken bone but its exactly where it should be, so no need for plasters, but doctor told me to stay home for 6 whole weeks, which is AWESOME.

Oh damn! I hope you're able to work online or get whatever your nation's version of worker's comp. If you have that in your nation.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:17 am

Ralnis wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:Sorry about the delays.

Oh damn! I hope you're able to work online or get whatever your nation's version of worker's comp. If you have that in your nation.

VR developer, home office. I can say no more.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:19 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Oh damn! I hope you're able to work online or get whatever your nation's version of worker's comp. If you have that in your nation.

VR developer, home office. I can say no more.

None needed, envy gained.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:48 am

Ralnis wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:VR developer, home office. I can say no more.

None needed, envy gained.

Its unsurprisingly unhealthy, sitting around all day, in my mother's basement.
Plus half my savings just disappeared due to inflation.
But otherwise, I guess I'm doing fine, its a neat little workplace.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:05 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Ralnis wrote:None needed, envy gained.

Its unsurprisingly unhealthy, sitting around all day, in my mother's basement.

:(

Hope your foot gets better.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:07 am

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:Its unsurprisingly unhealthy, sitting around all day, in my mother's basement.

:(

Hope your foot gets better.

No, this is perfect. I wouldn't have mentioned it if it didn't mean that now I have extra time for NS.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:52 am

Gonna apologize in advance for my poor grammar, gonna need to write a lot, and fast, if I want to catch up with everything.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:56 am

Also, very important question. Is there anyone NOT using the dark theme?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:59 am

Harkback Union wrote:Also, very important question. Is there anyone NOT using the dark theme?

I am not using the dark theme.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:02 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:Also, very important question. Is there anyone NOT using the dark theme?

I am not using the dark theme.

Use the dark theme.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:16 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I am not using the dark theme.

Use the dark theme.

Dewit.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:07 pm

...If you mean the dark layout of NS? I'm not.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:06 am

Accidentally posted a half-complete post again. 1 sec.
EDIT: All right its done.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:14 am

I just thought of it while showering, It would have been sick if the mysterious woman turned out to be chambers all along.
But I didn't think ahead that much.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:42 am

Moved onto page 4
If anyone needs a reply to anything from page 3, let me know!
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse