NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby Union World Cup 33 Everything

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:54 pm

Zane Anthony: Welcome back for another episode of Lots of Ruck, presented by Sachsbier Premium Pilsner, McDonald & Muir, and Sid's Sandwiches, I'm Zane Anthony

Rick Gillingham: and I'm Ricky G as we are coming to you from inside Waverley Oval in Albion, the scene of the matchday 2 doubleheader of fixtures here at Rugby World Cup 33. Z-man, we are both really up for this opening match, Quebec & Shingoryeo against Ko-oren, number six versus number four in the world.

ZA: Ricky, the way the draw worked out, the top ranked teams are all playing each other at the start. We were here for Ko-oren against Lisander, while Q&S was playing HUElavia. The BlueGrays got the two unranked sides and then a bye. That was some hard fought action in the Ko-oren match, a real heavyweight battle.

RG: There's been a lot of excellent rugby played so far, from what we've see on the highlights and watching a couple of games on TV and this game tonight should be just as good. Baker Park will be in the nightcap taking on Godchouzetsu, who had the bye on the first day, so they will be making their debut in the RWC. They'll need to get past the jitters quickly if the Hoops play like they did against Talannua.

ZA: Three tries and three of four converted penalties was a good showing, although not converting any of those tries was the biggest issue. Also it would've been great to have gotten another try for the bonus point which will certainly come into play.

RG: The defense continues to be our biggest strength, solid tackling across the pitch, disciplined during open play, not allowing the line to be broken. So Z, do you think the Hoops will be top of the table after this round?

ZA: I'd be shocked if the winner of the other match got a bonus point, so if we can get the W, yeah I think we will.
We did have a good close look at the fixture list and as it turns out, we will have a chance to visit with the godfather of rugby blogging, Graham O'Doherty from The Rugby Rundown, as Abanhfleft will be taking on Natanians & Nosts in Group 1 action at the Maripasoula Stadium on matchday 6, prior to Baker Park versus Lisander.

RG: I think we should make full disclosure here Zane. If you keep up with us on our companion website LotsofRuck.co.bk, you know Z-man finally took the plunge and married Lindsay, who is my wife Deb's friend that we introduced him to. With the extra sponsorship from Sid's, we could afford to bring the girls along, so our days of non-stop boozing have come to an end.

ZA: It's good to have the ladies to keep us company and they enjoy the rugger as well. We look forward to catching up with Graham and introducing our wives to the Legend. But there's a long way to go before we get to that. We'll be back with a recap of the BlueGrays match later on, so for now he's Ricky Gillingham

RG: and he's Zane Anthony and this has been Lots of Ruck.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:05 am

MD1 cut off.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:34 am

MD2

Group 1

*Natanians and Nosts 3–17 Elejamie
Quintessence of Dust 8–3 Chromatika
Abanhfleft 16–6 Acadiana

Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts BP
1 Elejamie 2 2 0 0 30 10 +20 8 0
2 Quintessence of Dust 2 2 0 0 31 14 +17 8 0
3 Chromatika 2 1 0 1 31 11 +20 5 1
4 Abanhfleft 1 1 0 0 16 6 +10 4 0
5 HMS Onslaught 1 0 0 1 7 13 −6 1 1
6 Acadiana 2 0 0 2 17 39 −22 0 0
7 Natanians and Nosts 2 0 0 2 6 45 −39 0 0

Group 2

*Nova Anglicana 25–14 Elmyia
TJUN-ia 3–19 Baggieland
Cap Nord 18–0 Arjunnagar

1 Baggieland 2 2 0 0 32 13 +19 8 0
2 Nova Anglicana 2 1 0 1 35 27 +8 5 1
3 Cap Nord 1 1 0 0 18 0 +18 4 0
4 TJUN-ia 2 1 0 1 31 22 +9 4 0
5 Kriegiersien 1 1 0 0 15 8 +7 4 0
6 Elmyia 2 0 0 2 22 40 −18 1 1
7 Arjunnagar 2 0 0 2 3 46 −43 0 0

Group 3

*Oscioru 3–13 Kelssek
The Licentian Isles 24–10 Hannasea
Kingdom of the UN 7–35 Darmen

1 Darmen 2 2 0 0 60 17 +43 9 1
2 Kelssek 2 2 0 0 23 3 +20 8 0
3 The Licentian Isles 2 1 0 1 34 35 −1 4 0
4 Hannasea 2 1 0 1 20 24 −4 4 0
5 New Eestiball 1 0 0 1 0 10 −10 0 0
6 Oscioru 2 0 0 2 3 23 −20 0 0
7 Kingdom of the UN 1 0 0 1 7 35 −28 0 0

Group 4

*Quebec and Shingoryeo 0–10 Ko-oren
Talannua 15–0 HUElavia
Godchouzetsu 3–20 Commonwealth of Baker Park

1 Commonwealth of Baker Park 2 2 0 0 44 3 +41 8 0
2 Ko-oren 2 2 0 0 23 7 +16 8 0
3 Quebec and Shingoryeo 2 1 0 1 8 10 −2 4 0
4 Talannua 2 1 0 1 15 24 −9 4 0
5 Lisander 1 0 0 1 7 13 −6 1 1
6 Godchouzetsu 1 0 0 1 3 20 −17 0 0
7 HUElavia 2 0 0 2 0 23 −23 0 0

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Scrum!: No Tries, Just Kicks And Misses

Postby TJUN-ia » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:58 pm

After a convincing start against Arjunnagar kicked off our RUWC33, the Union Jaguars of TJUN-ia were already preparing for the toughest game of the entire group stage and the journey had just begun. It does feel weird to be facing a game as big as this one from only MD2, but that's just how the scheduling works sometimes and we just have to accept that for what it is. Jacob Peterson was certainly going to be up for the challenge, no doubt about that one, but how well we do in this contest could set the scene for the battle to come in this RUWC.

The situation was very simple: #1 and defending champs Baggieland at Birches Park. Facing the Throstles, managed by Billy Wilkinson with the Haka and all, on their home turf certainly sounded like a daunting test to face, but the game we actually produced was actually pretty tough, all things considered. The defending champs only managed to score 1 try for the entire game, thanks to an Alex Sherman intercept from an Alan Wakefield pass attempt, but the real damage they managed to deal would be through the many penalties we gave up. Jose Valbuena managed to kick 1 but John Allen would manage 4 plus the conversion on route to the 19-3 win. All things considered, it wasn't the worst defeat we've ever taken...but one that would still sting.

The biggest test is out of the way now, but that doesn't mean we can just sit back and relax now. Unranked Elmyia are up next and as such, the road must continue. GO JAGS!

[box]SCHEDULE (Group B)
MD1: vs Arjunnagar (36) - Cooper’s Field, Stoney Lane W 28-3 (1st)
MD2: vs Baggieland (1) - Birches Park, Bunn’s Field L 3-19 (4th)
MD3: vs Elmyia (UR) - Cooper’s Field, Stoney Lane
MD4: vs Kriegiersien (20) - Birches Park, Bunn’s Field
MD5: vs Nova Anglicana (5) - Birches Park, Bunn’s Field
MD6: BYE
MD7: vs Cap Nord (UR) - Birches Park, Bunn’s Field
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:20 pm

Kelssek Rugby Federation | Féderation kelssekienne de rugby

1. Théo Gregoire (Redswyth Rebels)
2. Aidan Smither (Vickery RFC)
3. Rui Pinary (Redswyth Rebels)
4. Paul Davitt (Wynleth Cambria)
5. Luca Niemi (Burnaby Lions)
6. Jonathan Hemeon (Nordiques)
7. Marlin Torakis (Neorvins Armada)
8. Aengus Trevellan (Nordiques)
9. Daire Papalouka (Kirkenes Crusaders)
10. Jonathan Mac Dùbhghlas (Wynleth Cambria)
11. Shawn Wood (Latrobe Athletic)
12. Jessie Bailey (Neorvins Armada)
13. Séan Ó Connaigha (Clayquot Reds)
14. Awstin Stafford (Kirkenes Crusaders)
15. Mikkon Bradley (Hamilton Highlanders)

Shawn Salmond (Nordiques) - prop
Cadman Bugler (Kirkenes Crusaders) - hooker
Aston Gortlad (Hamilton Highlanders) - hooker
Carl Letteri (Latrobe Athletic) - right wing
Arthur Aburiya (Burnaby Lions) - full back
Bruno Lelgontin (Alouettes de Champjaune) - flanker
Alwyn Yamamoto (Wynleth Cambria) - centre
Brayden Blatchford (Latrobe Athletic) - second row
Simon Teufitt (Alouettes de Champjaune) - prop
Phil Griffiths (Mazinaw Stallions) - centre
Cole Weiss (Redswyth Rebels) - wing

Head coach: Thomas Harrison
Numbers follow the standard system.

Should my opponent RP first, he/she may do the following:
Choose my scorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
Godmod other events: Ask first

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:27 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Rugby Rundown
with Graham O'Doherty

RUWC 33: A WIN'S A WIN, I GUESS?

Hello guys, and welcome back to another edition of The Rugby Rundown with me, your gay Irishman Graham O'Doherty. And also, welcome back to yet another edition of the Rugby Union World Cup, which is now on its 33rd ever running! 33 World Cups! How about that? It feels like it’s been so long since I first started blogging about my first ever Rugby Union World Cup. God, I was so nervous back then, even when I was just writing stuff on my laptop back then and not running a whole dedicated sports blogging website and a podcast with my cousins and friends. That was the first time that I had actually written something with the intent of posting it on the Internet, at least something that’s not just a comment on FaceTube or YouBook. I was finally putting my thoughts out there for a lot of other people to read, respond to, and critique. Boy, those were some heady old days indeed! But if I hadn’t put that blog post up there in the first place, I wouldn’t even be here. I have to start somewhere, and that was as good a time and place as anything else.

I just looked back at the names of the players who played for Abanhfleft in our very first Rugby Union World Cup, and what a throwback that was! Legendary names like Dev Nasuggi, Sikaruchabamba, Till Solvermann, and John Borisov were on that first ever national team. And it was also back in the days of the ill-fated Fleftic Rugby Union Super League, or what I prefer to call as “the dark days of Fleftic rugby union.” Remember those times when attendances for rugby games were at an all-time low, and empty stadiums were the norm for the teams in the league? Truly dark times indeed. And it really looked like the league was going to fall apart once the Rugby Coalition came around, but thankfully new people came in, realized what was about to happen if they didn’t do something, and rebranded themselves as the Rugby Premiership. The fact that they also managed to get into the Rugby Union Champions’ Trophy and get the top two Fleftic teams in the Coalition (the Bad Hombres and the Death Worms) to join the Premiership also did wonders for the Prem’s finances, but let’s not talk about the fact that both the Coalition and the Premiership risked getting expelled from the RUCT because of nation membership rules.

Anyway, it’s time to leave the throwbacks behind and focus on the present, which is the 33rd Rugby Union World Cup. Defending champions Baggieland have also won the hosting rights for this competition, meaning that they will have to defend their title in front of their adoring fans. Is it going to be easier said than done though? I wouldn’t say so, considering that Baggieland are now the best rugby union side in the multiverse, at least according to the rankings. But the road to the final for them is not easy at all. They’ve got Nova Anglicana, TJUN-ia, and Kriegiersien in their group, and the likes of Elymia and Cap Nord are not going to be pushovers despite being rugby newcomers. Billy Wilkinson’s men have their work cut out for them, that’s for sure.

Meanwhile, who have we got in our group? Well, we have a couple of familiar faces in the form of Quintessence of Dust, Elejamie, Natanians and Nosts, Acadiana (the nation formerly known as Quebecois Acadiana in the previous RUWC), and Chromatika. Now that last one is a bit of a surprise because, as far as I know, there isn’t much of a rugby scene in Chromatika, at least not one that’s worthy of being mentioned anywhere on the Internet. And I’ve searched far and wide too! And of course we have the kicker, the crew of the HMS Onslaught, that rogue submarine terrorizing the poor ferries off of the coast of Baggieland. I’m not sure what their status is with regards to Baggielandian law but it does seem kind of strange that the crew of a rogue submarine can just step ashore and play rugger on the country whose ferries they’ve been attacking. Is it just me? Maybe it’s just me. But I’ll stick to it because I really do find it strange, to say the least.

And who are the lads who are hoping to be the ones to finally bring rugby union glory to the Democratic Republic this time around? A lot of the old guard is now gone, and we’ve got tons of new faces in the starting fifteen. But some things still haven’t changed. The Koreans are still in charge of the whole team, and by that I mean that Lee Jae-sang has now assumed the captaincy upon the retirement of Alfred Bang Si-hoo from international rugby. Alfred has been a loyal and faithful servant of the team for many, many years, and I will admit that I shed a few tears when Alfred said that he was stepping away from the national team after all these years. It still brings a tear to my eye a year later just thinking about it. Another notable departure from our team is fullback Bradley Votaw, who’s been so instrumental to Abanhfleft’s success in the past few years. He started off as a utility player, someone whom the coach slots into a position as needed, but once he became a starter, he turned that fullback position into his own, and Randy Gracie’s got some big, big boots to fill.

You know who else has big boots to fill? Wayne Stanley. He’s stepping into the designated kicker role of good old Saladin Nursaladinov, who was an absolute wizard with the rock when it was time to send it in between the uprights. I can count on one hand the times that Saladin has missed a conversion or a penalty where wind wasn’t a factor, and I’ve seen him bend the ball past the posts even when the wind feels like it was against him. And when you think about it, Saladin followed in the footsteps of Till Solvermann, who was himself a kicking maestro so really, Wayne has two pairs of massive boots to fill. But having seen him kick for the Pilken Aces in the Premiership, I have reasonable confidence in him to succeed.

The way that this RUWC was structured meant that Abanhfleft had a bye day at the start of the tournament, so the lads had at least one more day to prepare for their coming clash against Acadiana. Those guys had a bit of a forgettable World Cup campaign last time around, losing two games and only winning one, and that was against a Srednjaci side that was pretty much down and out already. In all honesty, I wasn’t expecting much out of Acadiana in this contest even if they’ve taken part in a few World Cups before, and I was proven right at the end of the eighty minutes. There really wasn’t a lot of action to speak of in Abanhfleft’s first game in the 33rd Rugby Union World Cup. Mo Wilcox scored a try but that was the only one scored by both sides. Both sides chose to rely on their kickers to get the majority of their points via penalties, and in the case of Acadiana, all of their points.

I’m sorry if there wasn’t a lot that I could say about the game in this post, but there really wasn’t a lot of action in that game. If you enjoy watching people kick an oval ball between two posts then perhaps this is indeed the game for you, but for those who enjoy the action and the sight of thirty sweaty and muddy muscle-bound men slamming and grunting into each other (like me), then this one is a bit of a letdown. I hope that the same doesn’t happen against Chromatika, but given their aforementioned lack of rugby history (at least as far as I’ve determined anyway, feel free to correct me if I’ve been led astray by the Internet yet again), I’m not really sure about that.

What you can all be sure of though is that I will be meeting our good friends Zane Anthony and Rick Gillingham of Lots of Ruck later on in this World Cup. They’ve gotten in touch with me and asked if we could do a little get-together at Maripasoula Island, where Abanhfleft will take on Natanians and Nosts and their country Baker Park will go up against Lisander, and of course I said yes. It’s always good for rugby fans from all over the multiverse to meet other fans and talk about their beloved sport over some food and a pint. Oh, and be sure to drop by their own site and leave a little congratulations to Zane for finally tying the knot with his girlfriend—wife now, I should say—some time ago. Congratulations, Zane and Lindsay! May your years together be long and fruitful! XOXO from Graham…

Abanhfleft (16)
Try: Wilcox 47' c
Con: Stanley (1/1)
Pen: Stanley 13', 22', 69'
Acadiana (6)
Pen: Kicker 36', 59'
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:39 am

Season 32 - Halfway standings

*    KRUL                           Pld    W   D   L    PF   PA   PD   Pts 
1 ImageAnsonville Comets 11 9 0 2 269 194 +75 36
2 ImageAubury Swans 11 8 0 3 343 250 +93 32
3 ImageWillowbourne Foxes 11 7 1 3 266 221 +45 30
4 ImageLlandy Bulls 11 7 0 4 257 147 +110 28
5 ImageGreencaster Galaxy 11 7 0 4 219 207 +12 28
6 ImageIdyllwild Coronae 11 6 0 5 295 293 +2 24
7 ImageEaglebury Aquila 11 5 0 6 233 262 −29 20
8 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 11 4 1 6 259 227 +32 18
9 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 11 4 0 7 200 226 −26 16
10 ImageTarrashall Travellers 11 4 0 7 268 376 −108 16
11 ImageMaynard Andromeda 11 3 0 8 214 296 −82 12
12 ImagePenstead Bears 11 1 0 10 187 311 −124 4

It's mostly coming up as expected. As we thought, the Bears would be rough to watch, but we didn't quite grasp how rough of a watch they'd be. They have been decently competitive, even against the ImageAubury Swans, play for the upset, but then often lose by 10 points or more anyway. It's frustrating as a fan, but seeing them wrestle back from a deficit but never anywhere near well enough is also tough. The most underperforming team is Mawrystwyth, only winning four of the first eleven, but with a point differential to show that they should be more competitive going forward.

The top four have fully delivered, with Ansonville going into the break as the leaders. If they can fight off most of the top three/four and not mess up in trap games against the bottom 4-5, they're playoff-bound. The thing is that there have been some close games, scoring struggles, but the core thing is that they converted bad situations into wins, and that's what matters. The Swans snuck up on the top squads, not initially thought of as a playoff team but maybe an outside contender, but they've been great, dominant, and winning. Willowbourne might feel like they've lost a little too much. After winning their first four, they were looking awesome, but a loss and a tie to Mawrystwyth gave some credence to critics. They lost to the Swans, Comets and Idyllwild.

Greencaster have a much better squad than initially given credit for. The point differential looks like they make everything a close game, but only six of them finished with a margin of seven or under. They mostly dominated the lower end of the table and had some huge losses to the better teams, as well. They did beat the Swans. They also lost to Tarrashall.

Looking at rounds 5 and 10, we see rural rounds done well. A staple of Ko-orenite sports, there are one or two rounds played in smaller grounds, in smaller towns, especially for smaller-scale productions with beautiful nature drone shots. This year, we were particularly impressed with Eaglebury's choice for Kitarra, a town an hour north of their regular home, and one of many West Strand Riding towns on the cliffs. The score didn't help (the home team was defeated 29-0) but the ground - also used for Southern (Aussie) Rules, sometimes - is a great visit, perched delicately atop the cliff. Greencaster gets a fat F- for their choice of Marinwood, a commuter town just west of the big city, which doesn't offer a great spectator experience, isn't big, and it's definitely not in an inspiring area. Surrounded by big boxes housing offices and industries, what were they thinking?

In round 10, Cerryrhos and Glimmerfall put on a gorgeous show, capturing the cameras a little longer with light shows, music, and a lot of local flavour - that bordered on advertising for local businesses. No particularly close fights on the day did put a damper on the fun, though.

Round 1 Tharkob 17:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 51-16 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ Mawryshire State Oval, Llandy (Att: 29707 - Cap:30500). Overcast 8°C
Round 1 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 28-42 ImageAubury Swans @ Armskirk Municipal Ground, Maynard (Att: 26000 - Cap:26000). Overcast 9°C
Round 1 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 36-21 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ The Crown, Idyllwild (Att: 17500 - Cap:17500). Overcast 13°C
Round 1 Shirobodh 17:00: ImagePenstead Bears 15-35 ImageAnsonville Comets @ yLhafontan Parc, Penstead (Att: 12500 - Cap:12500). Gloomy 6°C
Round 1 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 17-23 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ Surbourneshire Square, Greencaster (Att: 49410 - Cap:65000). Partially Cloudy 11°C
Round 1 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 35-24 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ Rikalathen Arena, Maethoru (Att: 32585 - Cap:44000). Cloudy 8°C
Round 2 Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 20-23 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ Woomera Ground, Tarrashall (Att: 7500 - Cap:7500). Partially Cloudy 5°C
Round 2 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 31-6 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ Willowbowl, Willowbourne (Att: 45555 - Cap:55000). Clear 6°C
Round 2 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 27-16 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ Redmark Field, Ansonville (Att: 7800 - Cap:7800). Clear 10°C
Round 2 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 20-13 ImagePenstead Bears @ Hertfield, Mawrystwyth (Att: 29630 - Cap:33000). Gloomy and rainy 10°C
Round 2 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageAubury Swans 38-17 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ Chestnut Group Stadium, Aubury (Att: 16378 - Cap:25000). Sunny, Hail 7°C
Round 2 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 17-21 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ Mawryshire State Oval, Llandy (Att: 21311 - Cap:30500). Some rain 9°C
Round 3 Tharkob 17:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 38-13 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ Armskirk Municipal Ground, Maynard (Att: 20989 - Cap:26000). Sunny, Lightning 11°C
Round 3 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 12-23 ImageLlandy Bulls @ The Crown, Idyllwild (Att: 17500 - Cap:17500). Downpour (rain) 6°C
Round 3 Shirobodh 14:00: ImagePenstead Bears 36-46 ImageAubury Swans @ yLhafontan Parc, Penstead (Att: 12500 - Cap:12500). Sunny 8°C
Round 3 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 14-13 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ Surbourneshire Square, Greencaster (Att: 57337 - Cap:65000). Partially Cloudy 16°C
Round 3 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 7-18 ImageAnsonville Comets @ Rikalathen Arena, Maethoru (Att: 31575 - Cap:44000). Cloudy and rainy 8°C
Round 3 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 24-46 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ The Palace, Eaglebury (Att: 26410 - Cap:34000). Gloomy 12°C
Round 4 Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 20-36 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ Woomera Ground, Tarrashall (Att: 7500 - Cap:7500). Partially Cloudy 9°C
Round 4 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 23-20 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ Redmark Field, Ansonville (Att: 7800 - Cap:7800). Overcast and rainy, Lightning 10°C
Round 4 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 15-35 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ Hertfield, Mawrystwyth (Att: 29222 - Cap:33000). Overcast 7°C
Round 4 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageAubury Swans 33-38 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ Chestnut Group Stadium, Aubury (Att: 18979 - Cap:25000). Overcast and rainy, Lightning 13°C
Round 4 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 34-13 ImagePenstead Bears @ Mawryshire State Oval, Llandy (Att: 30000 - Cap:30500). Gloomy and rainy 7°C
Round 4 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 21-23 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ Armskirk Municipal Ground, Maynard (Att: 23194 - Cap:26000). Light snow 2°C
Round 5 Rural Tharkob 17:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 51-37 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ Komtherod-ini, Sobdorlugin (Att: 10200 - Cap:10200). Clear 8°C
Round 5 Rural Shirobodh 11:00: ImagePenstead Bears 21-24 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ Calwmheriw Parc, Demteoffin (Att: 6100 - Cap:6100). Clear 2°C
Round 5 Rural Shirobodh 14:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 9-31 ImageLlandy Bulls @ Justice Square, Marinwood (Att: 8800 - Cap:8800). Partially Cloudy 14°C
Round 5 Rural Shirobodh 17:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 20-38 ImageAubury Swans @ Lothaudhna Stadium, Gakhithrau (Att: 9200 - Cap:9200). Intermittent rain 10°C
Round 5 Rural Kinthaj 11:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 0-29 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ Nungadandian-Coogala, Kitarra (Att: 7200 - Cap:7200). Light snow 2°C
Round 5 Rural Kinthaj 14:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 21-25 ImageAnsonville Comets @ The Ovation Station, Huthwich (Att: 9000 - Cap:9000). Sunny 7°C
Round 6 Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 33-30 ImageAnsonville Comets @ Woomera Ground, Tarrashall (Att: 7500 - Cap:7500). Downpour (rain) 3°C
Round 6 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 22-22 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ Hertfield, Mawrystwyth (Att: 22641 - Cap:33000). Light snow 0°C
Round 6 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageAubury Swans 35-7 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ Chestnut Group Stadium, Aubury (Att: 21379 - Cap:25000). Cloudy and snowy 4°C
Round 6 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 5-3 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ Mawryshire State Oval, Llandy (Att: 20472 - Cap:30500). Light snow 1°C
Round 6 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 9-23 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ Armskirk Municipal Ground, Maynard (Att: 26000 - Cap:26000). Clear 6°C
Round 6 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 37-29 ImagePenstead Bears @ The Crown, Idyllwild (Att: 17500 - Cap:17500). Clear 6°C
Round 7 Tharkob 17:00: ImagePenstead Bears 10-34 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ yLhafontan Parc, Penstead (Att: 12500 - Cap:12500). Partially Cloudy 4°C
Round 7 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 24-16 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ Surbourneshire Square, Greencaster (Att: 55251 - Cap:65000). Partially Cloudy 10°C
Round 7 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 10-9 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ Rikalathen Arena, Maethoru (Att: 34353 - Cap:44000). Clear 4°C
Round 7 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 10-3 ImageLlandy Bulls @ The Palace, Eaglebury (Att: 25789 - Cap:34000). Sunny 8°C
Round 7 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 18-29 ImageAubury Swans @ Willowbowl, Willowbourne (Att: 46636 - Cap:55000). Sunny 5°C
Round 7 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 19-18 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ Redmark Field, Ansonville (Att: 7800 - Cap:7800). Sunny 6°C
Round 8 Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 15-48 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ Woomera Ground, Tarrashall (Att: 7500 - Cap:7500). Cloudy 9°C
Round 8 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageAubury Swans 5-18 ImageAnsonville Comets @ Chestnut Group Stadium, Aubury (Att: 25000 - Cap:25000). Heavy snow 4°C
Round 8 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 23-24 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ Mawryshire State Oval, Llandy (Att: 23410 - Cap:30500). Light snow 4°C
Round 8 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 20-54 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ Armskirk Municipal Ground, Maynard (Att: 22312 - Cap:26000). Heavy snow 5°C
Round 8 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 15-13 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ The Crown, Idyllwild (Att: 17500 - Cap:17500). Sunny -1°C
Round 8 Kinthaj 14:00: ImagePenstead Bears 10-17 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ yLhafontan Parc, Penstead (Att: 12500 - Cap:12500). Gloomy, Fog 6°C
Round 9 Tharkob 17:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 24-26 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ Surbourneshire Square, Greencaster (Att: 56920 - Cap:65000). Sunny 12°C
Round 9 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 22-34 ImagePenstead Bears @ Rikalathen Arena, Maethoru (Att: 22233 - Cap:44000). Clear, Lightning 6°C
Round 9 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 36-30 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ The Palace, Eaglebury (Att: 23511 - Cap:34000). Intermittent rain 6°C
Round 9 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 26-14 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ Willowbowl, Willowbourne (Att: 34020 - Cap:55000). Clear, Hail 4°C
Round 9 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 3-30 ImageLlandy Bulls @ Redmark Field, Ansonville (Att: 7800 - Cap:7800). Gloomy 1°C
Round 9 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 19-25 ImageAubury Swans @ Hertfield, Mawrystwyth (Att: 28995 - Cap:33000). Cloudy 7°C
Round 10 Rural Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 33-26 ImageAubury Swans @ Woomera Ground, Tarrashall (Att: 7500 - Cap:7500). Heavy snow 1°C
Round 10 Rural Shirobodh 11:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 24-10 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ Chennwmaen Stadiwm, Cerryrhos (Att: 10400 - Cap:10400). Considerable rain 5°C
Round 10 Rural Shirobodh 14:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 6-23 ImageAnsonville Comets @ Gemmagana, Glimmerfall (Att: 6000 - Cap:6000). Cloudy 4°C
Round 10 Rural Shirobodh 17:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 35-3 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ Komtherod-ini, Sobdorlugin (Att: 10200 - Cap:10200). Cloudy 4°C
Round 10 Rural Kinthaj 11:00: ImagePenstead Bears 0-26 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ Calwmheriw Parc, Demteoffin (Att: 6100 - Cap:6100). Gloomy 1°C
Round 10 Rural Kinthaj 14:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 16-10 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ Justice Square, Marinwood (Att: 8800 - Cap:8800). Clear 14°C
Round 11 Tharkob 17:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 39-21 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ Rikalathen Arena, Maethoru (Att: 35110 - Cap:44000). Clear 7°C
Round 11 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 9-21 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ The Palace, Eaglebury (Att: 26410 - Cap:34000). Sunny -1°C
Round 11 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 16-6 ImagePenstead Bears @ Willowbowl, Willowbourne (Att: 45915 - Cap:55000). Gloomy 6°C
Round 11 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 48-23 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ Redmark Field, Ansonville (Att: 7800 - Cap:7800). Gloomy 4°C
Round 11 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 44-24 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ Hertfield, Mawrystwyth (Att: 30130 - Cap:33000). Overcast 3°C
Round 11 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageAubury Swans 26-16 ImageLlandy Bulls @ Chestnut Group Stadium, Aubury (Att: 24980 - Cap:25000). Gloomy 3°C
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:13 pm

Natanians and Nosts roster for the World Cup of Rugby 25
Nickname:The Blue Sharks
Coach:Mihai Xosé da Silva
Physical preparator:Március Numídio Numésio
Psychologist:dr. Mihai Márcus César
Physiotherapst:dr. Márcus Cáius dos Santos

# Name position age
Starters
1	Mihai Carolus César     	prop            32
2 Gheorghe Ion da Silva hooker 33
3 Caeso Paulus Augustus prop 36
4 Mihai Cláudius Enderssen second-row 37
5 Ion Viktor dos Santos second-row 35
6 Gabriel Júlio Augustus flanker 30
7 Cáius Március Moura flanker 33
8 Octavius Caeso Numésio number 8 30
9 Mihai Kaeso Marão scrum-half 32
10 Mihai Ricardus Varro fly-half 37
11 Márcus Ion Hûs winger 32
12 Samuel Rog Ionescu five eighths 32
13 Iohannis Carolus da Silva centre 32
14 Gheorghe Márcus dos Santos winger 33
15 Cáius Mihai Souza full-back 35

Captain's name is in blue

Bench:
16	Ion Mihai Gheorghenescu      	prop	29
17 Gaius Cáius Tralito hooker 37
18 Luís Júnio Gomes second-row 33
19 Iulius Júlio Mihailescu back-row 28
20 Hermenegildo Astrogildo Pesvić fly-half/scrum-half 30
21 Aleksiei Fjodór Martinescu scrum-half 31
22 Márcus Victor North centre 32
23 Márcus Carolus Sousa outside back 37

Should my opponent RPs first, he/she may do the following:
Choose my scorers:Yes
godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: No
godmod injuries to my players: No
Sin bin my players: Yes(only two per match)
Send my players off: No
godmod other events: No

Most likely to score:
-Gheorghe Ion da Silva
-Mihai Carolus César
-Caeso Paulus Augustus
-Mihai Kaeso Marão
-Mihai Ricardus Varro
-Octavius Caeso Numésio
On the style of play:
-Our (outside) centre usually(95,0% of the time) plays as an additional full-back,so our 5/8(a.k.a. inside centre) will be the only player on that position.
-Our attacking system is firstly based on drop goals,so in a game we score 15 points it's more likely to be 5 drop goals,than 3 tries without conversions.
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:55 pm

At its second match on the 33rd Rugby Union World Cup,Natanians and Nosts lost to Elejamie by 17x3 (after losing 28x3 to Chromatika at matchday one),sitting dead last (albeit tied to Acadiana) on a group,that if it had Nova Anglicana instead of Quintecensse of Dust,composed of nations who have history of defeating Natanians and Nosts.
The match had Elejamie give the kick-off,taking the ball possession quite easily,not giving much oportunities for Natanians and Nosts.Slowly,The Blue Sharkswon ground,exerting slight pressure on Elejamie's deffence line,and Mihai Kaeso Marão scored a beatuiful drop goal,his second this World Cup,to open the score in Natanians and Nosts favour at the 23rd minute.Guinho nearly scored a try,but the TMO had a clear view of the situation who fooled many's eyes!Elejamie turned the scores to its favour when Diego Peguero scored a try at the 37th minute.5X3 after a calm first period.
The second period saw both Mihai Caeso Marão and Octavius Caeso Numésio near score in its first ten minutes.Elejamie saw adam gates put five more on the fifteenth minute,right under the posts.Converted.Cáius Mihai Souza got hurt and Márcus Carolus Sousa got in his place.Elejamie's third and last try was scored right after the thirty minute mark,when Emilio García couldn't do much and placed the ball close to the sideline.Unconverted.Natnians and Nosts 3x17 Elejamie.
Next match,Natanians and Nosts will go to Cunningham Island to face the crew of HMS Onslaught on The Archway
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:54 pm

MD2 cut off.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 am

MD 3.

Group 1

*Chromatika 6–40 Abanhfleft
Elejamie 18–5 Quintessence of Dust
HMS Onslaught 9–10 Natanians and Nosts

1 Elejamie 3 3 0 0 48 15 +33 12 0
2 Abanhfleft 2 2 0 0 56 12 +44 9 1
3 Quintessence of Dust 3 2 0 1 36 32 +4 8 0
4 Chromatika 3 1 0 2 37 51 −14 5 1
5 Natanians and Nosts 3 1 0 2 16 54 −38 4 0
6 HMS Onslaught 2 0 0 2 16 23 −7 2 2
7 Acadiana 2 0 0 2 17 39 −22 0 0

Group 2

*Baggieland 21–12 Cap Nord
Elmyia 18–42 TJUN-ia
Kriegiersien 10–0 Nova Anglicana

1 Baggieland 3 3 0 0 53 25 +28 12 0
2 TJUN-ia 3 2 0 1 73 40 +33 9 1
3 Kriegiersien 2 2 0 0 25 8 +17 8 0
4 Nova Anglicana 3 1 0 2 35 37 −2 5 1
5 Cap Nord 2 1 0 1 30 21 +9 4 0
6 Elmyia 3 0 0 3 40 82 −42 1 1
7 Arjunnagar 2 0 0 2 3 46 −43 0 0

Group 3

*Hannasea 16–3 Kingdom of the UN
Kelssek 16–0 The Licentian Isles
New Eestiball 12–3 Oscioru

1 Kelssek 3 3 0 0 39 3 +36 12 0
2 Darmen 2 2 0 0 60 17 +43 9 1
3 Hannasea 3 2 0 1 36 27 +9 8 0
4 New Eestiball 2 1 0 1 12 13 −1 4 0
5 The Licentian Isles 3 1 0 2 34 51 −17 4 0
6 Oscioru 3 0 0 3 6 35 −29 0 0
7 Kingdom of the UN 2 0 0 2 10 51 −41 0 0

Group 4

*HUElavia 28–17 Godchouzetsu
Ko-oren 16–7 Talannua
Lisander 0–19 Quebec and Shingoryeo

1 Ko-oren 3 3 0 0 39 14 +25 12 0
2 Commonwealth of Baker Park 2 2 0 0 44 3 +41 8 0
3 Quebec and Shingoryeo 3 2 0 1 27 10 +17 8 0
4 HUElavia 3 1 0 2 28 40 −12 4 0
5 Talannua 3 1 0 2 22 40 −18 4 0
6 Lisander 2 0 0 2 7 32 −25 1 1
7 Godchouzetsu 2 0 0 2 20 48 −28 0 0

TJUN-ia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Scrum!: Back To Winning Ways

Postby TJUN-ia » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:56 pm

After losing a tight one to Baggieland, the defending champs and hosts, the Union Jaguars of TJUN-ia were licking their wounds but were still happy with how things went at Birches Park. The Throstles are the team that everyone is gunning after this time around and we managed to restrict them to a single try...there have to be positives in that, right? That was the mindset that Jacob Peterson was going for, plus the usual business of reminding everyone of the 4 other games we still need to play. Plenty of time to make things up, all that jazz.

Game 3 would actually be our final one at Cooper's Field as we took on the debuting side from Elmyia, headed up by Simon Jerricks. This team, while new, were certainly hungry for the ball and were no strangers to all attacking rugby...which would certainly make for an interesting 80 minutes. Our opponents certainly had fun and would score 18 points across the game thanks to tries from Angelos Caprio and Lisa Denniso, with kicker Sofia Dimakos scoring 8 of those via her leg (1/2 on conversions, 2/2 on drop goals). As for us, we managed to avoid any sort of pain or stress by scoring 42 points via 6 tries (Roman Hevnostanivich x3, Kennedy Vakatawa, Wyn Gwyneth and Peter Mullins) with Jose Valbuena going a perfect 6/6 on conversions. In terms of bouncing back, today was a good day in Stoney Lane.

We leave now to complete the 2nd half of this group back at Bunn's Field, starting with a date with those good ol' Agents of Chaos. No matter the sport, no matter the rank, if there is any team that can make you be extra careful, it's fucking Kriegiersien. These guys can be super unpredictable in any context so yeah, we're gonna need to be careful. GO JAGS!

SCHEDULE (Group B)
MD3: vs Elmyia (UR) - Cooper’s Field, Stoney Lane W 42-18 (2nd)
MD4: vs Kriegiersien (20) - Birches Park, Bunn’s Field
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:07 pm

Season 32 - Full standings

*      KRUL                         Pld    W   D   L    PF   PA   PD   Pts 
1 ImageWillowbourne Foxes 22 16 2 4 639 446 +193 68 - Grand Final
2 ImageAnsonville Comets 22 17 0 5 524 405 +119 68 - Semifinal
3 ImageIdyllwild Coronae 22 13 1 8 606 554 +52 54 - Semifinal
4 ImageLlandy Bulls 22 13 0 9 426 323 +103 52
5 ImageGreencaster Galaxy 22 12 0 10 473 439 +34 48
6 ImageAubury Swans 22 12 0 10 669 585 +84 48
7 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 22 10 1 11 472 454 +18 42
8 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 22 10 0 12 478 496 −18 40
9 ImageEaglebury Aquila 22 9 1 12 505 546 −41 38
10 ImageTarrashall Travellers 22 8 0 14 530 722 −192 32
11 ImageMaynard Andromeda 22 6 1 15 446 518 −72 26
12 ImagePenstead Bears 22 3 0 19 382 662 −280 12

Willowbourne climbs from third to first and seizes a Grand Final spot on point differential! Ansonville's loss to Llandy in round 20 gives Willowbourne first place, and the Foxes would win all of their last four games, making Ansonville's chase ultimately a futile one. Idyllwild goes from sixth to claim the second Semifinal spot, leaving Llandy to wonder where it all went wrong (4th halfway, 4th at the end), Greencaster to wonder if there wasn't something more they could do (5th to 5th), and Aubury to openly go into 'what the actual ...' mode. The Swans go from second (eight wins of the first eleven rounds) to sixth (adding four more wins in the next eleven rounds).

The best of the rest includes a slightly disappointing Mawrystwyth side, with all of the regular faces beneath them. West Strand Riding rugby - that's Tarrashall and Eaglebury - is not completely dire but it's not a healthy situation, while Mawryshire clubs miss out on the finals altogether: that's Llandy in 3rd, Mawrystwyth in 7th, and Penstead in 12th. Two of the three most northern clubs - Willowbourne and Idyllwild - make the finals, while Mayara (the third) is a long way off. That leaves us with the Lee- and Surbourneshire teams, who fill up the rest of the league.

Let's see if Maynard go into a destructive rebuild or if they have the guts to stick to their plan and challenge their fellow southern clubs in a few years. The same goes for Greencaster, but to a lesser extent - the reactive Greencaster market just won't allow itself to fall far behind the rest. Remember that Willowbourne and Greencaster are the biggest cities of the country but have no real representation in soccer, which leaves gridiron and rugby union as their battlefields - which makes it seem that both cities should be able to field a competitive team in both sports all the time. And yet...

Round 12 Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 40-23 ImageLlandy Bulls @ Woomera Ground, Tarrashall (Att: 7500 - Cap:7500). Clear 1°C
Round 12 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageAubury Swans 49-30 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ Chestnut Group Stadium, Aubury (Att: 25000 - Cap:25000). Downpour (rain) 4°C
Round 12 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 24-31 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ Hertfield, Mawrystwyth (Att: 25818 - Cap:33000). Overcast and snowy 2°C
Round 12 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 21-6 ImagePenstead Bears @ Redmark Field, Ansonville (Att: 7800 - Cap:7800). Downpour (rain) 6°C
Round 12 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 43-13 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ Willowbowl, Willowbourne (Att: 47357 - Cap:55000). Overcast 4°C
Round 12 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 30-9 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ The Palace, Eaglebury (Att: 24753 - Cap:34000). Some rain 3°C
Round 13 Tharkob 17:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 29-42 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ The Palace, Eaglebury (Att: 33430 - Cap:34000). Overcast 5°C
Round 13 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 24-48 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ Rikalathen Arena, Maethoru (Att: 29303 - Cap:44000). Some rain 7°C
Round 13 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 8-15 ImageAnsonville Comets @ Surbourneshire Square, Greencaster (Att: 43151 - Cap:65000). Partially Cloudy with rain 12°C
Round 13 Shirobodh 17:00: ImagePenstead Bears 3-29 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ yLhafontan Parc, Penstead (Att: 12500 - Cap:12500). Intermittent rain 0°C
Round 13 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 31-32 ImageAubury Swans @ The Crown, Idyllwild (Att: 17500 - Cap:17500). Sunny 1°C
Round 13 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 9-17 ImageLlandy Bulls @ Armskirk Municipal Ground, Maynard (Att: 26000 - Cap:26000). Sunny 6°C
Round 14 Single City Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 27-64 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ Mawryshire State Oval, Tarrashall (Att: 24144 - Cap:30500). Downpour (rain) 8°C
Round 14 Single City Shirobodh 11:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 7-13 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ Mawryshire State Oval, Llandy (Att: 30500 - Cap:30500). Partially Cloudy 6°C
Round 14 Single City Shirobodh 14:00: ImageAubury Swans 30-38 ImagePenstead Bears @ Mawryshire State Oval, Aubury (Att: 30341 - Cap:30500). Sunny 1°C
Round 14 Single City Shirobodh 17:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 21-30 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ Mawryshire State Oval, Mawrystwyth (Att: 30500 - Cap:30500). Partially Cloudy 5°C
Round 14 Single City Kinthaj 11:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 0-32 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ Mawryshire State Oval, Ansonville (Att: 30500 - Cap:30500). Gloomy 2°C
Round 14 Single City Kinthaj 14:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 28-28 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ Mawryshire State Oval, Willowbourne (Att: 30500 - Cap:30500). Gloomy 2°C
Round 15 Tharkob 17:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 14-11 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ Willowbowl, Willowbourne (Att: 36904 - Cap:55000). Heavy snow 4°C
Round 15 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 17-32 ImageAnsonville Comets @ The Palace, Eaglebury (Att: 27445 - Cap:34000). Gloomy 2°C
Round 15 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 14-26 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ Rikalathen Arena, Maethoru (Att: 33595 - Cap:44000). Clear 6°C
Round 15 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 28-15 ImageAubury Swans @ Surbourneshire Square, Greencaster (Att: 56086 - Cap:65000). Gloomy 12°C
Round 15 Kinthaj 11:00: ImagePenstead Bears 7-22 ImageLlandy Bulls @ yLhafontan Parc, Penstead (Att: 12500 - Cap:12500). Drizzle (rain) 4°C
Round 15 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 3-3 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ The Crown, Idyllwild (Att: 17500 - Cap:17500). Sunny 9°C
Round 16 Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 24-40 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ Woomera Ground, Tarrashall (Att: 7500 - Cap:7500). Gloomy 2°C
Round 16 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 39-3 ImagePenstead Bears @ Armskirk Municipal Ground, Maynard (Att: 26000 - Cap:26000). Gloomy 6°C
Round 16 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 12-10 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ Mawryshire State Oval, Llandy (Att: 21101 - Cap:30500). Cloudy and snowy, Fog 1°C
Round 16 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageAubury Swans 45-13 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ Chestnut Group Stadium, Aubury (Att: 24580 - Cap:25000). Gloomy 7°C
Round 16 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 23-20 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ Hertfield, Mawrystwyth (Att: 24229 - Cap:33000). Heavy snow 1°C
Round 16 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 13-60 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ Redmark Field, Ansonville (Att: 7800 - Cap:7800). Clear 10°C
Round 17 Tharkob 17:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 34-0 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ Redmark Field, Ansonville (Att: 7800 - Cap:7800). Cloudy 10°C
Round 17 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 36-16 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ Willowbowl, Willowbourne (Att: 46996 - Cap:55000). Cloudy 5°C
Round 17 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 27-20 ImageAubury Swans @ The Palace, Eaglebury (Att: 25582 - Cap:34000). Cloudy 5°C
Round 17 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 29-12 ImageLlandy Bulls @ Rikalathen Arena, Maethoru (Att: 33343 - Cap:44000). Sunny 6°C
Round 17 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 16-22 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ Surbourneshire Square, Greencaster (Att: 51287 - Cap:65000). Some rain 14°C
Round 17 Kinthaj 14:00: ImagePenstead Bears 10-44 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ yLhafontan Parc, Penstead (Att: 12500 - Cap:12500). Drizzle (rain) 8°C
Round 18 Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 37-40 ImagePenstead Bears @ Woomera Ground, Tarrashall (Att: 7500 - Cap:7500). Drizzle (rain) 5°C
Round 18 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 25-21 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ The Crown, Idyllwild (Att: 17500 - Cap:17500). Clear 5°C
Round 18 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 17-22 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ Armskirk Municipal Ground, Maynard (Att: 26000 - Cap:26000). Clear 6°C
Round 18 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 24-21 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ Mawryshire State Oval, Llandy (Att: 27608 - Cap:30500). Sunny 7°C
Round 18 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageAubury Swans 42-26 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ Chestnut Group Stadium, Aubury (Att: 24380 - Cap:25000). Gloomy 3°C
Round 18 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 8-31 ImageAnsonville Comets @ Hertfield, Mawrystwyth (Att: 30810 - Cap:33000). Partially Cloudy 7°C
Round 19 Tharkob 17:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 0-22 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ Hertfield, Mawrystwyth (Att: 28087 - Cap:33000). Overcast and rainy 7°C
Round 19 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 56-40 ImageAubury Swans @ Redmark Field, Ansonville (Att: 7800 - Cap:7800). Overcast and rainy 10°C
Round 19 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 14-9 ImageLlandy Bulls @ Willowbowl, Willowbourne (Att: 36904 - Cap:55000). Overcast and rainy 14°C
Round 19 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 21-6 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ The Palace, Eaglebury (Att: 24339 - Cap:34000). Drizzle (rain) 4°C
Round 19 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 25-31 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ Rikalathen Arena, Maethoru (Att: 34858 - Cap:44000). Sunny 12°C
Round 19 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 32-26 ImagePenstead Bears @ Surbourneshire Square, Greencaster (Att: 50661 - Cap:65000). Partially Cloudy 18°C
Round 20 Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 9-31 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ Woomera Ground, Tarrashall (Att: 7500 - Cap:7500). Cloudy 9°C
Round 20 Shirobodh 11:00: ImagePenstead Bears 18-25 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ yLhafontan Parc, Penstead (Att: 12500 - Cap:12500). Cloudy and rainy 7°C
Round 20 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 41-34 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ The Crown, Idyllwild (Att: 17500 - Cap:17500). Clear 10°C
Round 20 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 22-24 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ Armskirk Municipal Ground, Maynard (Att: 26000 - Cap:26000). Clear 12°C
Round 20 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 15-8 ImageAnsonville Comets @ Mawryshire State Oval, Llandy (Att: 24669 - Cap:30500). Gloomy and rainy 3°C
Round 20 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageAubury Swans 16-25 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ Chestnut Group Stadium, Aubury (Att: 24780 - Cap:25000). Gloomy 10°C
Round 21 Tharkob 17:00: ImageAubury Swans 27-40 ImageTarrashall Travellers @ Chestnut Group Stadium, Aubury (Att: 25000 - Cap:25000). Partially cloudy 7°C
Round 21 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix 15-7 ImageLlandy Bulls @ Hertfield, Mawrystwyth (Att: 33000 - Cap:33000). Clear 10°C
Round 21 Shirobodh 14:00: ImageAnsonville Comets 14-3 ImageMaynard Andromeda @ Redmark Field, Ansonville (Att: 7800 - Cap:7800). Cloudy 15°C
Round 21 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageWillowbourne Foxes 50-30 ImageIdyllwild Coronae @ Willowbowl, Willowbourne (Att: 55000 - Cap:55000). Cloudy 19°C
Round 21 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageEaglebury Aquila 42-27 ImagePenstead Bears @ The Palace, Eaglebury (Att: 21854 - Cap:34000). Drizzle (rain) 6°C
Round 21 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia 41-33 ImageGreencaster Galaxy @ Rikalathen Arena, Maethoru (Att: 34605 - Cap:44000). Clear 12°C
Round 22 Tharkob 17:00: ImageTarrashall Travellers 10-44 ImageMayara Wanderers-Cassiopeia @ Woomera Ground, Tarrashall (Att: 7500 - Cap:7500). Gloomy 14°C
Round 22 Shirobodh 11:00: ImageGreencaster Galaxy 32-3 ImageEaglebury Aquila @ Surbourneshire Square, Greencaster (Att: 49410 - Cap:65000). Overcast 15°C
Round 22 Shirobodh 14:00: ImagePenstead Bears 17-30 ImageWillowbourne Foxes @ yLhafontan Parc, Penstead (Att: 12500 - Cap:12500). Considerable rain 9°C
Round 22 Shirobodh 17:00: ImageIdyllwild Coronae 22-31 ImageAnsonville Comets @ The Crown, Idyllwild (Att: 17500 - Cap:17500). Gloomy 14°C
Round 22 Kinthaj 11:00: ImageMaynard Andromeda 17-26 ImageMawrystwyth Phoenix @ Armskirk Municipal Ground, Maynard (Att: 26000 - Cap:26000). Intermittent rain 14°C
Round 22 Kinthaj 14:00: ImageLlandy Bulls 21-10 ImageAubury Swans @ Mawryshire State Oval, Llandy (Att: 27608 - Cap:30500). Gloomy 11°C

Currently, in the Rugby Union World Cup, the Ko-orenite national team has won their opening games, with the schedule difficulty varying. Lisander were our first opponent, a difficult one, but they're falling behind in the standings. Then it was Quebec as a team to beat, also winning their opener, but the Dragonflies winning 10-0 in our first shutout - something we hoped to have a few of. It took two extremely defensive teams to pull this off, though, as nearly every team will at some point be close enough for a drop goal to get that hideous zero off the board. Quebec was forced to look for a try, with Ko-oren scoring one early in the second half, and a kick wouldn't do for them. A turnover on a dangerous try-assisting pass led Ko-oren to a penalty and the three extra points. Game three was against Talannua, who we didn't regard as a very tough team but they've made us reconsider, getting an early try on pure force, pushing back our line with their ruck bit by bit, and finding just enough open space to profit off of an uncharacteristically reactive Ko-orenite line. The vengeance was swift, though, putting a few kicks in the air to advance the ball down the wing, or drag their receivers into touch, or at least put pressure on the first few phases, and it seemed they didn't like that. At all. Like at all, at all. Now with a stick to beat them in our arsenal, there was a penalty (3-7), another penalty (6-7), and another one (9-7) before the end of the first half, with Talannua having no other way than to professionally foul. The second half just saw a Dragonfly try for the final score of 16-7, which started with a scrum on our half, and a dozen phases later ended with half our forward pack on their try line.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:16 pm

Nova Anglicana Rugby Union World Cup Roster

Nickname: Lions
Head Coach: Errol Anderson

Starting XV

1. Claude Belanger, loosehead prop, 26
2. Matt Tyler, hooker, 32
3. Sean Perkins, tighthead prop, 25
4. Ryan Bailey, lock, 29
5. Aaron McLaughlin, lock, 31
6. Nathan Boone, blindside flanker, 30
7. Joey Dawson, openside flanker, 26
8. Armand Cloutier, 31, eight-man
9. Bo Thornhill, scrum half, 32
10. Jamie Wilson, 28, fly half
11. Teddy Westfall, weak-side (left) wing, 29
12. Clement Langlois, inside centre, 30
13. Matthew Lloyd, outside centre, 27
14. Charlies Rhodes, strong-side (right) wing, 28
15. Ben Gordon, fullback, 31

Subs

16. Bryan Holmes, wing, 22
17. Noé Lacroix, half, 26
18. Brendan Cunningham, centre, 25
19. Alexander Dussault, fullback, 27
20. Edouard Gagnon, first row, 25
21. Raphael Lavoie, second row/loose forward, 23
22. Shane Peterson, second row, 24
23. Kelly Young, first row, 30

Kit (thanks to Fair Republic for link):

Schedule (Group 2, Baggieland)

MD1
Baggieland vs Nova Anglicana @ Birches Park
MD2
Nova Anglicana vs Elmyia @ Cooper's Field
MD3
Kriegiersien vs Nova Anglicana @ Birches Park
MD4
Bye
MD5
Nova Anglicana vs TJUN-ia @ Birches Park
MD6
Cap Nord vs Nova Anglicana @ Birches Park
MD7
Nova Anglicana vs Arjunnagar @ Cooper's Field

Should my opponent RP first, he/she may do the following:
Choose my scorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: N
RP injuries to my players: Y, nothing serious
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y, only if you also give a red to one of your players
Godmod other events: N
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:51 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Rugby Rundown
with Graham O'Doherty

33RD RUGBY UNION WORLD CUP: TAKING THE RIGHT STEPS TO REJOIN THE FIGHT

Hello guys, and welcome back to another edition of The Rugby Rundown with me, your gay Irishman Graham O'Doherty. And boy, do I have something special for all of you! Indeed, Abanhfleft has won yet another game in the 33rd Rugby Union World Cup, and this time we have a lot of action packed into this one game against Chromatika! Boy, what a difference a few days does make to a team, doesn’t it? I have to say that when this new Revolutionaries side took to the field against Acadiana a few days ago, I could still see that there was some hesitation and lack of chemistry between the old guard and the new blood. And that’s understandable. You just can’t expect a team where a lot of players have been replaced due to age or injuries to gel with each other almost immediately. Chemistry takes time, and patience might I add, to develop. It’s not like in the movies where everyone understands everyone else almost immediately. This is real life! The squad has to play a few games with each other first before they come to learn how everyone else plays and operates, and then that’s when you finally get that rush, that spark that brings a team to life.

Okay, where did all of that come from? I’ve never thought myself to be a good rugger coach, or any sort of rugger coach for that matter. Maybe I’ve been watching a tad too many sports movies. Not right now, of course, seeing as I’m in Baggieland and the hotel doesn’t have much in the way of movie channels. But I do remember having binged on a lot of sports-related stuff during the build-up to the Rugby Union World Cup, so that may have had something to do with it. Or maybe I’m just waffling. In any case, it does take time for a team with an influx of new players to finally learn how to play together, and our Revolutionaries are no exception to that. If you’ve been watching the rugby as religiously as I have for all of these years then you’ll have seen that there were some hiccups throughout their play in their first game against Acadiana. But it’s all right, it’s okay, and I’m not just saying that because we won nevertheless. But today, up against Chromatika, this Abanhfleft team was a different beast altogether.

Now, I don’t want to trash talk Chromatika. Lord knows that they can beat our arses in football with their eyes blindfolded and both hands tied behind their backs. But as far as rugby is concerned, well, let’s just say that Chromatika are better off sticking to football. I don’t know what it is about this Chromatik team that makes me feel so strange about them. Maybe it’s because we’re just not used to seeing Chromatika playing a sport that’s not football. I don’t really know now. But all I can say is that our Revolutionaries really pulled out all the stops to make sure that this result was going to go our way. The lads know that this is perhaps the best opportunity that they have to finally win the Rugby Union World Cup, the best chance since Copper Cuprum anyway, and they want to make sure that they’ve taken every single possible opportunity to make sure that they’re in the best possible position to fight for the title.

I don’t really know why, but Chromatika somehow feel like they’re out of their depth here in rugby union. They’re sure to smack our arses in football qualifying if we end up getting drawn with them, but for rugger, it’s not exactly a stellar showing for their team. The Revolutionaries were on the front foot almost right at the start, and within the first ten minutes, our lads had finally broken the deadlock. Abanhfleft’s number 8, Yejide Kayode, put the finishing touches to a 23-phase passage of play on the part of the Revolutionaries to put the rock underneath the posts, giving Wayne Stanley a straight shot at nailing the conversion. This was then followed by two penalty kicks before Randy Gracie scored Abanhfleft’s second try of the game.

Abanhfleft were pretty much the dominant force in this game. Chromatika didn’t have much of an answer against us, and they could only muster up two penalty kicks against us. There were times where I definitely felt sad for them because they’re doing their best, but sometimes things just aren’t working out. I remember when the shoe was on the other foot, when Abanhfleft was the one struggling to go toe to toe with their opponents.Truly difficult times indeed, back in the day. I sure am glad that we are among the rugby union elite now. Now let’s just hope that we don’t suffer a decline in the coming years, or else I will definitely cry a little bit. But to get back to the game, Chromatika gave up two more penalty kicks to start off the second half. They’re still trying to get the hang of this whole scrum, ruck, and maul thing because I’ve seen them collapse a fair few scrums or enter rucks and mauls from the side, hence the numerous penalties they’ve given up. I’m not even talking about penalty kicks, I’m talking about just penalties in general. It’s both sad and discomfiting to see such a big name like Chromatika struggle in another sport like rugby, but hey, they’ve all got to start somewhere. Were we so different back in the day?

Abanhfleft also scored two more tries in the second half, one from substitute Wayne Marquette and another from Shelton Basch. Those four tries were enough to give the Revolutionaries a bonus point in the standings, putting us in second place behind the Elephants of Elejamie. They will be our next opponents, and we’ll be playing them at St. George’s in Batson Island. This match could very well decide who’s going to win Group A in the Rugby World Cup, and who’s going to come in second. Not just that though; this match also comes with the baggage of the rivalry between the Revolutionaries and the Elephants. Abanhfleft and Elejamie have become established rivals in rugby league, with the Revolutionaries beating the Elephants in the 18th Rugby League World Cup and the Elephants returning the favor in the semifinals of the 19th RLWC in Copper Cuprum. Rugby sevens has also seen these two clash for some silverware, and once again it was Abanhfleft who triumphed in the final of the 6th R7WC. I don’t think the two sides have met much in the union side of things, but the history of the fixture is still there for fans of both nations to see, and you can rest assured that the players from both sides will be motivated to give their all for their country in this particular game.

Apologies for the shorter post this time around, guys, but there’s only so much that I could do with what I actually witnessed out there on the field. I don’t want to appear too critical of Chromatika, nor do I want to hype up Abanhfleft too much to the point of being deluded as well. I’ve laid out the events as straight as I could make them even if I’m not so straight myself, if you know what I mean, wink wink. But that’s it, then, and until the game against Elejamie, it’s XOXO from Graham…

Chromatika (6)
Pen: Kicker 31', 68'
Abanhfleft (40)
Try: Kayode 10' c
Gracie 18' c
Marquette 59' c
Basch 72' c
Con: Stanley (3/3)
Ramsey (1/1)
Pen: Stanley 26', 29', 43', 48'
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Cap Nord
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 30, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Cap Nord » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:40 am

“And this insult is why we will go on, not to try but to succeed and show that this epithet as ‘the weakest team’ is nothing but baloney! To victory!”

Theodore Ringer heaved as the dressing room hesitantly started to clap. In his right hand, stretched over the dressing room as he stood on the physio table, the coach held a newspaper that through the crumpled front page still could be identified as ‘The Daily Boing’. Sweat dripped from his face after a speech that seemed to have gone on forever, but still finished in time for the upcoming confrontation against Elymia. A vital clash in the series for the red-and-yellow: before the tournament any ambition of the play-off rounds would have been considered a pipedream but as things stood, a second win in three games could allow Cap Nord to get on their bigger opponents’ nerves. The game against a nervous hosts, which saw Max Byrne silence the Throstles with an amazing effort before nature recovered, proved that even the favorites could make crucial mistakes.

More than anyone else, Ringer believed that the Whalers could become the upset of the tournament. All evening long, he had been pondering how we would instill the holy fire into his squad, fire them on and well… This had been the best he could come up with. As the clapping died down, quite a bit faster than he had anticipated, he asked his captain Teiko to step up. With a nervous glance to the clock, he left the room with a muttered, “see you in a minute, boys.” Darren Teiko looked to the faces.

“So… Well.”

The Newton Ramblers star player assessed the situation. He wore the ribbon for nearly a decade with the Ramblers and had stood here countless times already. Being used to carry the side by his own, this had been a fairly enjoyable adventure so far and, even if not that distinctive as Ringer, he too believed that they could make some more waves before parting.

“It is in these trying times th-. No. Hum. Today, my friends, we not just play for our glory but for national no, no, no. Forget that bit. Hum… Think about your family at home, who have all tuned in for what…”
“It’s not live.”
“What?”
“It’s not live on television,” Cavanaugh said. “The game falls smack in the timeslot of Do you think you can be Cap Nords Next Multimillionaire, so it’s only shown in delay.”

Teiko stared a little into space.

“Sorry,” Cavanaugh apologized for nothing in particular.
“Nah, don’t worry. Just really wanted to see the season finale,” Teiko mumbled into himself, before addressing the group again. “You know, sod it. Fucking sod it. Go out there and play for no one in particular, just give the other guys hell. Let’s go.”

Ringer had been standing outside, unable to distinguish the words but did notice that the applause and cheers were far more than in the aftermath of his speech.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:52 pm

Ricky Gillingham: "Hey, welcome back to Lots of Ruck, Baker Park's most popular Rugby podcast, now with over...Z-Man...now with over half a million listeners across the multiverse."

Zane Anthony: "That's just beyond comprehension. We thank all of our listeners, and of course I don't know if we'd ever have gotten close to that if wasn't for Graham O'Doherty's support. We are a free podcast, we will never charge people to listen, and we can only do so because we have strong sponsors--Sachsbier Premium Pilsner, McDonald & Muir, and Sid's Sandies".

RG: "Let's get to the actual rugby then. Baker Park are prepping for their third group match against 13th ranked HUElavia which got their first win in three against Godchouzetsu while the Blues & Grays were on their bye."
ZA: "They scored their first points of the tournament in that match after being blanked in the first two encounters, so it's hard to tell exactly where the Hoops stand in relation. We're crossing over now from the top four seeds beating each other up to the bottom three running the gauntlet."

RG: "Ko-oren is looking like the form side so far, as they should be as the number four ranked side in the multiverse; BP need a good result vs HUElavia because we'll be up against the Dragonflies in our last match at the Waverley Oval before the circus decamps to Regis Island for the final two fixtures. I think the Lisander match could be the difference in getting through into the knockouts or not."

ZA: "Let's wrap up with a brief talk about this stadium where we've witnessed all of the Group 4 action, the Waverley Oval in Albion. We came in with an open mind about the configuration, and I have to admit it's grown on me. Your wife Deb, who our listeners probably know is my cousin, also likes it, but you and my Lindz disagree".
RG: "It's not the worst place we've seen a match, but this will sound so provincial and hinky--it's too spacious. For kick & run (what Baker Park calls Aussie Rules) it's probably magical, for egg chasing it's like watching two people play chess from the upper deck at Keller Field."
ZA: "Lindz said if she wanted to watch rugby from that far, she'd look at it on TV from the parking lot."
RG: "You realize you married up, right Z?
ZA: "I was just following in your footsteps Ricky. Anyway, that's all for now as the Hoops will battle HUElavia in the second match in Albion, following Talannua against Lisander. Thanks for tuning in, I'm Zane Anthony".
RG: "And I'm Ricky Gillingham, join us for the next edition of Lots of Ruck!"
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:14 am

MD 3 cut off.

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:19 am

Natanians and Nosts defeated HMS Onslaught at its third match on the thirty-third Rugby Union World Cup's group stage.
The match was rather uninspired and dull,and if not for the way the points sequence was scored,also dull.Samuel Rog Ionescu scored a try with only five minutes of gameplay,converted by Mihai Kaeso Marão.Herring discounted for HMS Onslaught at the twenty-fifth with a nicely kicked penalty.Thirty-nine minutes into the first period,another penalty for HMS Onslaught,Hicks got on the ground feeling pain,but after being "treated" with one of those magic sponges,he got better quickly,the penalty was once again certain,being Herring's second.
Natanians and Nosts started the second period with a line-out in its favour right near HMS Onslaught's crew's 5-metre area.Cáius Március Moura secured the ball for Natanians and Nosts,passing it to Gabriel Júlio Augustus,who quickly assed to Mihai Kaeso Marão,who ran infield,passed to Mihai Ricardus Varro,escaping a tackle;Mihai Ricardus Varro was free,in front of the posts and with a short amount of terrain full of the crew of HMS Onslaught ahead,he then dropped the ball and kicked it in the ir onto between the posts,scoring a nice drop goal.HMS Onslaught's own drop goal was scorend near the end of the match,by Estrada.
Natanians and Nosts 10x9 HMS Onslaught.
HMS Onslaught's mascot,Unsinkable Sam was chosen as both man and cat of the match by popular vote in a popular sports website,with this the cute cat will receive 50kg of canned sardines,50 kg of canned tuna and 100 kg of canned Katsuwonnus pelamis (beautiful).The webside said it will (try to) enter in contact with the submarine to give the cat the prize,if permitted.
Next matchday Natanians and Nosts will have a bye,returning on matchday five,playing against Quintessence of Dust.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:24 am

Natanians and Nosts wrote:snip

Just in time, I haven't scorinated yet!

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:48 am

MD 4

Group 1

*Quintessence of Dust 3–13 HMS Onslaught
Abanhfleft 14–8 Elejamie
Acadiana 5–10 Chromatika

1 Abanhfleft 3 3 0 0 70 20 +50 13 1
2 Elejamie 4 3 0 1 56 29 +27 13 1
3 Chromatika 4 2 0 2 47 56 −9 9 1
4 Quintessence of Dust 4 2 0 2 39 45 −6 8 0
5 HMS Onslaught 3 1 0 2 29 26 +3 6 2
6 Natanians and Nosts 3 1 0 2 16 54 −38 4 0
7 Acadiana 3 0 0 3 22 49 −27 1 1

Group 2

*TJUN-ia 39–15 Kriegiersien
Cap Nord 6–6 Elmyia
Arjunnagar 3–13 Baggieland

1 Baggieland 4 4 0 0 66 28 +38 16 0
2 TJUN-ia 4 3 0 1 112 55 +57 14 2
3 Kriegiersien 3 2 0 1 40 47 −7 8 0
4 Cap Nord 3 1 1 1 36 27 +9 6 0
5 Nova Anglicana 3 1 0 2 35 37 −2 5 1
6 Elmyia 4 0 1 3 46 88 −42 3 1
7 Arjunnagar 3 0 0 3 6 59 −53 0 0

Group 3

*The Licentian Isles 5–3 New Eestiball
Kingdom of the UN 3–14 Kelssek
Darmen 10–0 Hannasea

1 Kelssek 4 4 0 0 53 6 +47 16 0
2 Darmen 3 3 0 0 70 17 +53 13 1
3 Hannasea 4 2 0 2 36 37 −1 8 0
4 The Licentian Isles 4 2 0 2 39 54 −15 8 0
5 New Eestiball 3 1 0 2 15 18 −3 5 1
6 Oscioru 3 0 0 3 6 35 −29 0 0
7 Kingdom of the UN 3 0 0 3 13 65 −52 0 0

Group 4

*Talannua 20–3 Lisander
Godchouzetsu 3–12 Ko-oren
Commonwealth of Baker Park 29–14 HUElavia

1 Ko-oren 4 4 0 0 51 17 +34 16 0
2 Commonwealth of Baker Park 3 3 0 0 73 17 +56 12 0
3 Quebec and Shingoryeo 3 2 0 1 27 10 +17 8 0
4 Talannua 4 2 0 2 42 43 −1 8 0
5 HUElavia 4 1 0 3 42 69 −27 4 0
6 Lisander 3 0 0 3 10 52 −42 1 1
7 Godchouzetsu 3 0 0 3 23 60 −37 0 0

TJUN-ia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Scrum!: Crisis Averted, Chaos Defeated

Postby TJUN-ia » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:30 am

After a great bounceback win against the debuting Elmyia, the Union Jaguars of TJUN-ia were now up to 2-1 and looking to try and get another good win on the board before the 2nd big clash of this tournament. Having two top 5 teams in this group is certainly a bit of a challenge on paper but that debate will have to go down another day. For now, Jacob Peterson had to focus on the present and the challenges that were to come and not on anything that will come after this matchday. We cannot focus on two opponents at once, that is strictly not possible at all.

Our opponents today at Birches Park would be a foe that we certainly understand to be pretty chaotic no matter the sport and no matter the circumstances...the Agents of Chaos themselves from Kriegiersien. Uniki Kingi was leading this team of Men, Orcs and Dwarfs into battle and this contest certainly had the ambition of a multi-ethnic medieval battle. They would manage 15 points on us today thanks to 2 tries, from Tror Snapsnapper and Slok Fastwind respectively, while Ogil Gronk managed 1/2 on conversions and 1/1 on penalty kicks. As for us, we managed to score an unusual 39 points which can only be described as such: 5 tries (Kennedy Vakatawa twice, Beka Chkoidze, Shojiro Karakurenai and Peter Mahinulani) with Jose Valbuena going 4/5 on conversions but 2/2 on penalty kicks. 39 is such an odd number in the world of rugby but who cares, the win is in the bag all the same.

Up next shall be that 2nd big test, against #5 Nova Anglicana. Considering how we faired against the defending champs, getting a good result against a 2-loss Lions team may actually be possible...but it certainly won't be easy. Nova Anglicana isn't #5 just because of random luck, they earned their spot there and are certainly a force to be reckoned with. This final game before our bye will certainly be massive for our hopes of making it into the Top 2 of the Top 4...so for seeding's sake, we have to win. GO JAGS!

SCHEDULE (Group B)
MD3: vs Elmyia (UR) - Cooper’s Field, Stoney Lane W 42-18 (2nd)
MD4: vs Kriegiersien (20) - Birches Park, Bunn’s Field W 39-15 (2nd)
NSSCRA - JR

UN - U1

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports