NATION

PASSWORD

RTC Under-18 World Cup 17 [rosters/RPs/results]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Gortolekua
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2022
Ex-Nation

RTC Under-18 World Cup 17 [rosters/RPs/results]

Postby Gortolekua » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:44 am

The Ethereal Republic of Gortolekua welcomes you to the 17th edition of the U-18 World Cup, presented by RTC of Banija!

Thirty-one nations join the once-recluse republic for the opportunity to crown themselves as monarchs of U-18 football—and offer the rest of the multiverse an opportunity to see the future stars of tomorrow.

Participants and Groups
As there are 32 teams in this tournament, eight groups of four will open our tournament. The top two teams in each group will advance to the Round of 16, where each team will be seeded 1-16. Group winners will be seeded 1-8, and runner-ups will be seeded 9-16. Should there be a group stage rematch in the Round of 16, teams will be adjusted to prevent said rematch from happening there. From the Round of 16, it will be single elimination.

Gortolekua (hosts)
Commonwealth of Baker Park
Chromatika
Tjorl
Tumbra
Poafmersia
Oclea
Abanhfleft
Drehda
Arjunnagar
Mertagne (defending champions)
Græntfjall
Cassadaigua
West Barack and East Obama
Elmyia
Geektopia
Sierra Grand
The Cordian Isles
Ceni
Adab
Banija
HUElavia
Huayramarca
Cardenao
The Finntopian Empire
Kriegiersien
Hopal
Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom
Eastfield Lodge
Qasden
Independent Athletes from Quebec
Oberour Ar Moro

As tournament hosts, Gortolekua was assigned to Group A in position one. All other nations were unseeded, and assigned to groups at random.

Group A
Gortolekua
Græntfjall
Banija
Cassadaigua

Group B
Elmyia
Sierra Grand
The Finntopian Empire
Poafmersia

Group C
Kriegiersien
Oberour Ar Moro
Arjunnagar
Qasden

Group D
Chromatika
Huayramarca
Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom

Group E
Tumbra
Oclea
The Cordian Isles

Group F
Drehda
Tjorl
Adab
Hopal

Group G
Mertagne
Abanhfleft
Ceni
Cardenao

Group H
HUElavia
Geektopia
Eastfield Lodge
Independent Athletes from Quebec

Tiebreakers
- H2H result
- IC coin flip (OOC match scorinated)

Schedule
All times listed here are UTC. Cutoffs will take place every 48 hours around 04:00 UTC, save for a few dates, which will be noted on the calendar.

16 August: MD1 (1v4, 2v3)
18 August: MD2 (4v3, 1v2)
20 August: MD3 (2v4, 3v1)

22 August: Round of 16 (R1 - 1v16, R2 - 8v9, R3 - 5v12, R4 - 4v13, R5 - 6v11, R6 - 3v14, R7 - 7v10, R8 - 2v15)
24 August: Quarter-Finals (Q1 - R1vR2, Q2 - R3vR4, Q3 - R5vR6, Q4 - R7vR8)
26 August: Semi-Finals (S1 - Q1vQ2, S2 - Q3vQ4) - cutoff between 07:30 and 09:00 UTC
28 August: Third Place Playoff (Loser of S1 v Loser of S2) and Final (Winner of S1 v Winner of S2) - cutoff between 07:30 and 09:00 UTC

Helpful Info
Please include a style modifier in your roster, preferably at the top or bottom of your post, between -5 and +5 (0 included). If there is no style modifier posted, it will be assumed that your style modifier is 0 until otherwise indicated.

Please consider posting a roster for your group-mates! A roster, especially for this tournament, typically includes 23 players—three of them goalkeepers—but all you really need is a starting XI with one goalkeeper.

RP Permissions and Roleplaying
Here's a classic example of RP permissions that you should include with your roster post to help guide your fellow tournament participants.

Code: Select all
If my opponent RPs first, they may:
Choose my goalscorers Y/N
Give out yellow cards to my players Y/N
Give out red cards to my players Y/N
Injure my players Y/N
Godmod scoring events Y/N
Godmod injuries to my players Y/N
Godmod other events Y/N

Remember that the more you roleplay, the greater of a chance you give yourself to seeing better results. At the end of the day, however, your fate is left up to chance (also known as the randomness of the scorinator).

Eligibility
Please remember that this is a tournament meant for players who will not reach their 19th birthday until the conclusion of the tournament. Ensure that all players who are partaking are 18 and under when you post your roster. Any user with a player 19 and over will (unless cleverly explained ICly) will receive a subpar bonus.

Most Importantly
Have fun! Roleplaying should be fun and you should have a blast writing these. Please direct any OOC questions to the respective OOC discussion thread.

You may begin posting rosters and roleplays.

credit to both Tumbra's and Græntfjall's threads for their respective U18WC tournament threads that served as inspiration for this one
Last edited by Gortolekua on Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Ethereal Republic of Gortolekua
Capital: Seinät | Population: 53.7 million | Demonym: Gortoleki | Region: Anaia | Trigram: GTK
Honors: 3rd, Baptism of Fire 78
the user behind Yttribia

Gortolekua
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Gortolekua » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:45 am

Please note the following important IC information:
  • No pandemics of any kind are to be introduced into Gortolekua.
  • No stadium-destorying or city-leveling events. Fans can scuffle among each other, but please don't have any destructive behavior. Your fans will be deported if they do!

A few years ago, this organization would have been a practical farce. Who can visit Gortolekua, considering it's sealed off to the rest of the multiverse?

But now, Visit Gortolekua, a private corporation funded by the Gortoleki people, introduces the first ever visitor's guide to our country. Quite frankly, we're still not that used to visitors BUT we're going to do our best to welcome you to our nation.
A Simple Introduction
The Ethereal Republic of Gortolekua is located on the continent of Hodeikoleku in the region of Anaia. It is comprised of around 53.7 million Gortoleki who inhabit ten provinces. Our ten provinces fold into Gortolekua's two regions, divided by the Eteroa Strait: the northern Gortola half and and southern Olekua half. Some consider The Arcatas, an archipelago off the coast of Olekua, to be its own unique region, but it is officially considered to be part of Olekua by the Government.

There are four languages spoken in Gortolekua. In descending order of speakers, they are Terranean, Oleki (Finnish), Gortolan (Basque) and Cerateano (Spanish). Most Gortoleki speak Terranean alongside their respective regional language. Cerateano is predominantly centered around the Cerati province, and most Cerateano speakers are proficient in Gortolan as well.

As a people, the Gortoleki are still dealing with the culture shock of having foreigners in the country for the first time. Many, however, are coming to terms and learning to be welcoming—emphasis on "learning." As long as you're nice and caring, that's what matters.

Transportation in Gortolekua
The treacherous mountain ranges that form Gortolekua's natural borders make travel by car into the nation an extreme challenge. Your main way in will be into the capital city of Seinät at Tenth Point International Airport, recently renamed to be an "International" airport and renovated to accommodate for multiversal travel. From there, intra-national flights to your nation's base in Gortolekua throughout the tournament.

As for travel within the nation, there's the general principle of "The more central you are, the more compact it is" within the county. Outer provinces are more car-reliant, save for the exception of major cities of course, but it is possible to live in Gortolekua without a car overall. All host cities are equipped with a thorough public transportation network—whether it be underground metro or bus rapid transit—making it easy for fans to see their young footballers duke it out.

Football in the Ethereal Republic
As one of the few sports to have been permitted by the Government during the country's isolationist and dictatorial period, football holds a special place in the hearts of millions. The Gortoleki are proud to love the beautiful game, finding the sport to be one of the only unifying factors in national identity. There's nothing else like it, and many will be flocking to stadiums in the nation's maiden hosting endeavor.

A Brief History
Across our multiverse, there are Most Serene Republics, Nations, Confederations, United States, Dominions and more. But Ethereal Republics are few and far in between. Gortolekua is an "Ethereal" republic thanks to the work of Ama Belinda—a revolutionary leader who united the Gortolan and Oleki people just over 1,000 years ago. Ama Belinda's mission called for harmony and unity among ever-feuding peoples, at war with each other for control over the Eteroa Strait.

As Mother of the Ethereal Republic, Ama Belinda prioritized internal harmony in hopes of being an ethereal nation in its presence to the world. Unfortunately for the rest of the county, Ama Belinda's premature death while leading the Republic prevented her vision from becoming a reality.

Following in her footsteps, and that phrase is used lightly, were leaders who preached harmony within through exclusivity to the rest of the world. Internal peace was more important to subsequent leaders than multiversal diplomacy. And subsequent leaders wanted to be "ethereal" at all costs, which led to civil liberties being slowly taken away. Most people may have known Gortolekua pre-opening as "the country that banned most sports in the name of nationalism" instead of "the country that imprisons its citizens for saying 'Hey, maybe we should be able to have some rights?'" The Government didn't care, and ruled with an iron fist for many generations, closing itself off from the rest of Anaia and the multiverse.

While there were under-the-table deals to import and export goods and technology for Gortolekua, mainly through the assistance of Quebecois merchants, most Gortoleki knew little of the hidden trade deals to maintain the country's technological advancements. But a near millennium's worth of official isolation was undone in a year.

Following elections that saw the upstart Ecologist Laborers' Party win parliamentary elections for the first time, party leader and now-Premier Perry Salonen issued a sweeping dismantling to the centuries of isolationism called aavekitze. While the new Government has promised a departure from old politics, some incidents (the Puntagora ad agency bombing) have drawn the ire of an increasingly skeptical population. Which brings us to now.

This tournament now lands at a crossroads in Gortolekua's modern history, especially with the Football Union's work to distract the public from what's going on. It's an interesting time to be Gortoleki, that's for sure.

Stadia
Sixteen venues across the nation's ten provinces will host matches for the 17th Under-18 World Cup. A provincial map alongside color-coded text will provide locations to help you plan your time in Gortolekua accordingly.
Group A
Kansanala, Salmia District, Seinät Capital City
Capacity: 71,496
To host: First Match Listed, Grand Final

Observatorio, Salmia District, Seinät Capital City
Capacity: 26,081
To host: Second Match Listed, Round of 16

Group B
Kobazuola, San Marko, Haize Eklektikoa
Capacity: 32,921
To host: First Match Listed, Quarter-Final

Zeremonia Zentroa, Argiapozik, Mazespolia
Capacity: 26,081

Group C
Estadio Marribuia, Marribuia, Ibaiaho
Capacity: 38,524
To host: First Match Listed, Quarter-Final

HiriArena, Putzu, Cerati
Capacity: 26,873

Group D
Butcher's Shield, Rakkaudeton, Kenkuijo
Capacity: 61,991
To host: First Match Listed, Semi-Final

Salijastakaista, Hidasukelta, Kenkuijo
Capacity: 45,033

Group E
Sininen Linnoitus, Aurinkolasit, Mustamaa
Capacity: 51,853
To host: First Match Listed, Third-Place Playoff

Laboratoriopuisto, Tiedemessut, Mustamaa
Capacity: 37,820

Group F
The Gymnasium, Munkkeja, Näytteet
Capacity: 80,945
To host: First Match Listed, Semi-Final

Orionvyö, Isittelyssä, Näytteet
Capacity: 35,241

Group G
Valkoinen Huone, Kuunallas, Perjantaina
Capacity: 39,625
To host: First Match Listed, Quarter-Finals

BTSTU Arena, Tietokone, Perjantaina
Capacity: 31,997

Group H
Fort Arcata, Goudini, The Arcatas
Capacity: 40,297
To host: First Match Listed, Quarter-Finals

Braggsville City Arena, Braggsville, The Arcatas
Capacity: 25,964
Last edited by Gortolekua on Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capital: Seinät | Population: 53.7 million | Demonym: Gortoleki | Region: Anaia | Trigram: GTK
the user behind Yttribia

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:42 am

THE TUMBRAN NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM (U18 side)
The Black Egrets

IMPORTANT OOC NOTE: For all intents and purposes, this Tumbra that began contesting in WCQ87 is an entirely new nation. They have no recollection of their earlier exploits from WC70-80, because that simply didn't exist for this Tumbra. Any and all similarities to the nation of the similar name can and should be construed as glitches in the Multiverse. You may, however, make muted references to "having done this before" or something. For a detailed explanation of how this came to be, read these RPs.

Record in U18 World Cups
RTC U18 World Cup 13: 6-1-1, 14GF, 14GA, Champions
RTC U18 World Cup 14: 5-3-1, 23GF, 7GA, Third
RTC U18 World Cup 15: 6-0-1, 23GF, 10GA, Runners-Up
RTC U18 World Cup 16: 3-3-1, 10GF, 4GA, Third
RTC U18 World Cup 17: ?-?-?

Eight years ago, Tumbra announced their arrival on the world's sporting stage by winning the Under-18 World Cup. The spine of that team has since gone on to form the spine of the current national team. Et cetera. The story's been told to death by now; Harrison, Kerr et al. are entering the prime of their careers; and Tumbra is still searching for a new crop that will excite in a similar vein. There's also a slight hunger to win the damn thing again; especially since the ones that won the tournament after the Black Egrets, Mertagne, have won another one; and Graentfjall, well, won the World Cup. Still, though, the faith holds; and the U18WC is often seen as a pathway to success.

Style Modifier: +1

Pos            Staff Member        Gender  Age  Prev.Club
Manager Toby Barton Male 47 Hesham FC
Asst. Manager Zachary Syles Male 42 Kirkby Railwaymen
Coach (Atk) Lucille Creighton Female 51 Lakewood City
Coach (Def) Stephanie Staunton Female 47 Lakewood City
Coach (GK) Gareth Williamson Male 49 Couno Rangers
Head Physio Lauren Blackman Female 41 --
Physio Victoria Ponsoby Female 61 --
Scout Jon Zelmerlow Male 55 Caldecott 93

The Roster
Goalkeepers
No Pos Name Sex Age 2nd. Nat (if applicable)

1 GK Oliver Scott M 18
12 GK Joanne Hawkins F 18
13 GK Cayden Gillespie M 17 The Licentian Isles [TLI]

Defenders

2 LB Mátyás Boullogne M 17 Szoirsia [FFD/SZO]
18 LB Clarence Tate M 18

4 CB Sarah Sears F 17
5 CB Penelope Gorostieta F 18 Mertagne [MRT]
14 CB Sonja Connolly F 18
20 CB Nathaniel Edmonds M 18
24 CB Peramjot Singh M 18

3 RB Jude McReary M 17
19 RB Greg Bailey M 18

Midfielders

6 CDM Casper Hovhannisyan M 18
8 CM Angela Makeba F 18 Cobrio [CBR]
10 CAM Faye de Vries F 17 The Licentian Isles [TLI]
15 CM Shirley Gillard F 18
16 CDM Monica Searle F 17 Nephara [NPH]
23 CAM Colin Campbell M 18
25 CM Esekíel Sváfnisson M 17 Græntfjall [GRÆ]

Wingers

7 LW Lynette Frecklington F 17
17 LW Clarissa Nunnaro F 18 Osarius [OSR]

9 RW Caleb Hoffman M 17
21 RW James Halliday M 18

Strikers

11 ST Jean Starling F 17
22 ST Fedya Yeltsov M 18 Mytanija [MYT]
26 ST Tom Elliot M 17

Players from 1-11 can safely be assumed to be starters, but pre-match XIs will be posted before every cutoff. Please check my RPs for pre-match lineups. If none are posted, feel free to pick and choose from this side.

Tumbra will name eleven starters and fifteen names on the bench, with up to five substitutes taken in three events not including half or full time. In the unlikely event that they make it to extra time, a sixth substitute will be taken. Tumbra will not play for penalties and will try as often as possible to finish a match in ninety or a hundred and twenty minutes.

Kits, courtesy of Kirola of Audioslavia

Tactical Set-Up

4-2-3-1.

Style Mod: +1

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No.
RP injuries to my players: Yes. Maximum of 2 per match. I will decide length.
Godmod injuries to my players: No.
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes. Maximum of 3. Any more must be matched.
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes*. Maximum of 1. Any more must be matched.
Godmod other events: No.

Do not use pictures of RL players and claim they are my players.

COVID-19 does not exist in Tumbra.

*As a general rule, just let me know before doing something egregious. Don't know what egregious means, or unsure that what you want to do breaks
this line? Telegram me or message me on Discord. I'm on the NSS server.
Last edited by Tumbra on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic News | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Tjorl
Envoy

Founded: Jun 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tjorl » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:48 am

STYLE: +2
If my opponent RPs first they may...
Choose my goalscorers: Y
Give out yellow cards to my players: Y
Give out red cards to my players: Probably send me a TG first, but Y
Injure my players: Y if it's minor, TG me first if it's more severe
Godmode scoring events: N
Godmode other events: N
NS-Verse Tjorl Lore
TJORLISH UNDER-18 NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM
GOALKEEPERS
#1 | Christian Mikaelsen (18 y.o. | 1.92 m | 1. FC Norrehavn | Right-footed)
#12 | Mariell Andreassen (17 y.o. | 1.93 m | Tonsvanger FC | Right-footed)
#32 | Josif Brunsvold (16 y.o. | 1.95 m | Kaldlakris Drazieu | Left-footed)
DEFENDERS
#2 | Marius Glockner (18 y.o. | 1.88 m | Konunsfjord 014 | Right-footed)
#3 | Martin Rorvik (16 y.o. | 1.91 m | SC Sud-Feldstadt | Right-footed)
#4 | Klara Forsberg (18 y.o. | 1.92 m | Asurblau Afoln | Left-footed)
#5 | Lily Ternovšek (18 y.o. | 1.90 m | 1. BC Harvik | Right-footed)
#13 | Nikolai Fodness (17 y.o. | 1.85 m | Schärstadt SF | Left-footed)
#17 | Miguel Hernandes (16 y.o. | 1.89 m | Konunsfjord 014 | Left-footed)
#19 | Hanna Aavik (16 y.o. | 1.89 m | Brondlev FC | Right-footed)
#28 | Beatriz Rohner (16 y.o. | 1.86 m | Tonsvanger FC | Right-footed)
MIDFIELDERS
#6 | Edvard Vázsony (18 y.o. | 1.85 m | SF Kjol | Right-footed)
#8 | Joshua Ochsner (17 y.o. | 1.88 m | Czujon 022 SC | Left-footed)
#15 | Andrei Sivertsen (17 y.o. | 1.77 m | Asurblau Afoln | Left-footed)
#18 | Maria Nordheim (18 y.o. | 1.80 m | FC Volanger | Right-footed)
#20 | Dominik Bayer (18 y.o. | 1.78 m | Asurblau Afoln | Right-footed)
#24 | Martina Schaefer (18 y.o. | 1.78 m | Tonsvanger FC | Left-footed)
#25 | Nicolò de Scheuss (16 y.o. | 1.79 m | 1. FC Norrehavn | Left-footed)
#29 | Amélie Schürch (15 y.o. | 1.80 m | FC Mauschlag 08 | Right-footed)
FORWARDS
#7 | Sven Drechsler (18 y.o. | 1.83 m | Roshavn SF | Right-footed)
#9 | Lukas Stüber (17 y.o. | 1.84 m | Czujon 022 SC | Left-footed)
#10 | Edvald Svindland (18 y.o. | 1.80 m | Asurblau Afoln | Right-footed)
#11 | Sofie Kristensen (17 y.o. | 1.78 m | Roshavn SF | Left-footed)
#14 | Viktor Dahlquist (16 y.o. | 1.81 m | Tonsvanger FC | Right-footed)
#22 | Stefanie Weiss (18 y.o. | 1.82 m | Ascht Amor SC | Left-footed)
#22 | Maria Ravndal (16 y.o. | 1.80 m | Vadheim 03 FF | Right-footed)
STAFF
Manager | Fredrik Solstad
Assistant Managers | Dennis Vestby, Daniela Köhler
Fitness Coaches | Mathias Gottlieb, Victoria Aulie

SQUAD ROLES
Captain: Edvard Vázsony
Short FK: Lukas Stüber
Long FK: Edvald Svindland
Penalties: Lukas Stüber
Left Corner: Edvald Svindland
Right Corner: Joshua Ochsner

TYPICAL STARTING 11 (4-2-1-2-1)
This is just to show Tjorl's usual starters. If you want Tjorl to have a different starting lineup if you RP first, then feel free to do so.Image

NICKNAME: De Jernsmeden (The Ironsmiths)
FANBASE NICKNAME: Die Kald Block (The Cold Block)
HOME ARENA: Morsteinstadion (Capacity: 91,422)
DEMONYM: Tjorlin (noun) & Tjorlish (adjective & plural)
TRIGAMME: TJL
MAIN FORMATION: 4-2-1-2-1
HISTORY: Debut
STYLE: +2

After a surprise second place finish in the last edition of the U-18 World Cup, a retooled Tjorlish U-18 squad has flown to Gortolekua to compete at the 17th U-18 World Cup. Many stars from the previous squad such as Anders Renikainen, Konrad Nikulásson, and Henrik Nordnes are no longer eligible to play for the team due to their age. Fans have questioned if the aforementioned players could really be replaced immediately at this edition, as most think that the newly-called up players such as Lukas Stüber and Joshua Ochsner will need some time to settle in the squad. However, their lack of experience doesn't faze coach Fredrik Solstad. In a recent press conference before the team's departure from Tjorl, Solstad stated "I have a lot of faith in the new players. They have shown lots of promise in practice and I hope they can apply it when we actually play someone on the pitch."

Image Kit made by Tjorlish Supplier Arlisk

Last edited by Tjorl on Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Population - 23,142,200
Area - 632,214 squared kilometers
Majorly used Languages - English, Tjorlish, Norwegian, German
Tjorl's Dual Flag
Tjorl uses the Metric System
Yes, I do (not) use NS Stats.
Number of mistakes made in the forums: Maybe around 5 (or more). Misread the topic title quite a few times, sorry bout that. :(
active
Somehow grabbed second place in the 16th U18 World Cup, so that's cool. Football team is a bit wack, basketball team is doing better.

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:49 am

Team name: Græntfjall
Trigram: GRÆ [GRF when not available]
Demonym/adjective: Græntfjaller
Team nickname: Snow Pups

Coach: Sopo Chacuzca
Assistant coach: Saxi Dómaldsson

With KG reorganizing youth football in Græntfjall, Tequiloan mastermind Sopo Chachuza has been moved down from Under-21 to Under-18 assignment, bringing with him his characteristically off-the-wall approach to squad formation. This time, he comes to the tournament having consumed his body weight in psychedelic mushrooms while gazing at the player role mandala. "THE COLORS!" roars Sopo in Tequiloan-accented Commonspeak. "I CAN HEAR THEM!!!"

OOC: Thanks to Mytanija for sharing the original image inspiration.

Goalkeepers

1. Samuel Báisson Cháng
12. Gýgjar Ástvaldsson
23. Hávar Sigfinnsson

Central defenders

4. Ígor Óskarsson
5. Glóa Karvelsdóttir
19. Bjarnfinnur Dýrmundsson
21. Annarr Ebergsson

Wide defenders

2. Hermione Báisdóttir Xiǎo
3. Sæi Adríansson
20. Aríela Hjörleifsdóttir
24. Tjörvi Sverresson

Deep midfielders

6. Minerva Vinjarsdóttir
13. Erin Marshlily
26. Vaka Úlriksdóttir

Advanced midfielders

10. Sarína Petersdóttir
15. Æsir Bjartþórsson
18. Arnar Heikisson
25. Arnulf Wolfhardsson

Wide attackers

7. Emma Leonardsdóttir
8. Rebekka Kajsdóttir
14. Varða Vígsteinsdóttir
16. Robert Vatnarsson

Central attackers

9. Benjamín Ísarsson
11. Kristveig Hraunarsdóttir
17. Tóbías Hallvarðsson
22. Járngrímur Náttúlfsson

RP permissions:

You may choose my lineup. By default, those numbered 1-11 will start except that Erin will start instead of Kristveig.

You may refer to my players by surname or forename. Græntfjaller names are patronymic (or rarely matronymic); the only exceptions are Kamdyr (a nomadic people who claim independence from the state; Erin is a Kamdyr). Foreign naming traditions are, sometimes rather clumsily, subjugated to Græntfjaller norms, thus Samuel and Hermione, who are of Asian Archipelagic descent, are actually siblings, but their family name (Hui) is never used, and instead they generally go by either the forced patronymic "Báisson" after their father, or by the nicknames Cháng and Xiǎo. -sson names are male, -sdóttir names female, and Græntfjall does not acknowledge sex changes.

You may ignore my female players and play a completely male side if you find female players immersion breaking.

You may choose my goal scorers, assign yellow cards (up to 4 per game), assign red cards (no more than 1 per game without asking permission) and assign injuries (I will determine severity/consequences). You may generally RP and godmode my players and events, but please don't use photographs and say they're my players, or have my players responsible for violence.

I am generally open to any RP collaboration, just DM/TG.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:16 pm

ROSTER FOR THE 17th RTC UNDER-18 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

ImageImage

INFORMATION

After a rogue Cenian FA member threw the Cenian national team forward in time 20 years in a vain attempt to remove archenemy Andrew Arrowsword from international contention, the Cenian football scene plummeted into disarray. The world-leading Terranean League disbanded, as did the Cenian national team itself. Many players continued plying their trade abroad, but a significant number also hung up their boots. Now that the forsaken team has returned, the Cenian FA reluctantly approved a return to World Cup competition. After a relatively successful WC campaign, and some political changes as well, the FA has grown more receptive to broader international competition, including the Campeonatos Rushmori Juveniles and now the U-18 World Championships.

While Ceni's academies produced many young footballers, given the relative lack of footballing infrastructure in Ceni, many have chosen to pursue other opportunities beyond football. But the current crop of academy-produced footballers is on the cusp of a new era in Cenian football, and Cenian NT manager Luke Longstar will be watching this tournament and the upcoming Di Bradini Cup for prospects to refresh the NT in the future.

Manager: Image Andrew Arrowsword
Assistant Manager: Image Allison Swan

Despite some resistance from FA director John Asteem, Andrew Arrowsword will take his first managerial job as Ceni enters the U-18 World Championships for the first time. Arrowsword's career is extensive and well-decorated, the highlight being the UICA Champions' Cup in its 66th cycle with Real Azuris. He also won the Harlighet Ligan four times and the Sanford PREMIER League twice, although his best result in international football is only a World Cup quarterfinal. Once touted as a world-class player, Arrowsword lost much of his mojo when his teammates disappeared and international football in Ceni stopped its march forward. During that dry spell, he went on the Immortality Quest in TiSoFah with then-boyfriend Liam Pendryn and will now grace (or annoy or piss off, whatever your persuasion) the sporting realms for all time.

Arrowsword and assistant manager Allison Swan (another long-time Cenian national team stalwart) have opted to play with four defensive players for the first time in modern Cenian footballing history, recognizing the longtime defensive woes faced by a national team with only three defenders but also a number of exciting prospects at Ceni's three major footballing academies. Ceni tends to produce strong "builder" central midfielders along with playmaker attacking midfielders, and this team is no exception. As a result, Ceni usually rushes into the attack, all guns blazing, with a consequent vulnerability to quick counterattacks. Arrowsword and Swan hope that their bulked up defense will somewhat mitigate this trend and get the attack back on track, so to speak.

For scorination purposes, Ceni will play with a +2 style modifier.

For some background on Cenian player development: Pinnacle Project is by far the largest and most established football academy in Ceni located on the campus of the University of New Oxford; Apex Academy is a newer (and somewhat more upper-class) outfit located in the upper-class suburban town of Westgreen; Project +90 Ceni is an offshoot of the (now defunct but formerly widespread) player development academy from the Northern Sunrise Islands that focused on international clubs as a target market. It acts more as a network and broker for local teams and academies rather than a more formal club.

Ceni does not usually play rough, but more cerebrally rather than anything else. That being said, Ellex-Mar is somewhat tempestuous, so he's the most likely to pick up a warranted yellow card or red card. Otherwise, the most likely way a Cenian will pick up a caution is arguing with a referee, probably over a very technical or minute section of the Code.

ROSTER

Pos.    Name                    Age     Club                      			
GK Eilana Avith-Rose 17 Pinnacle Project
GK Maeve Hunter-Tian 16 Apex Academy
GK Rev Ralora 16 Apex Academy
LB Mateo Qurimanta 17 Pinnacle Project
LB Zach Zenomen 18 Pinnacle Project
CB Jaina Beren 18 Pinnacle Project
CB Vyn Voren 17 Project +90 Ceni
CB Lina Alon-Maduel 16 Apex Academy
CB Byron Cesornal 16 Apex Academy
RB Corran Casa-Alta 18 Tomás Hernández Academy
RB Zix Xunel 15 Pinnacle Project
DM Lyra Avant 18 Pinnacle Project
DM Talia Amalveor 17 Pinnacle Project
CM Jasper Berenguer 18 Project +90 Ceni
CM Eoghan Reneval 16 Pinnacle Project
CM Luca Finnall 16 Project +90 Ceni
CM Jair Estrada 15 Tomás Hernández Academy
AM Aidan Koromin 16 Polaris
AM Kell Ranen 16 Project +90 Ceni
ST Sebastian Ellex-Mar 16 Apex Academy
ST Nova Daneraj 16 Pinnacle Project
ST Xek Sunsaber 15 Project +90 Ceni
ST Cairon Kieneten 15 Apex Academy

Default First Team
]Image

I will endeavor to post a starting lineup during my RPs, but in the case that I don't, default to this lineup.

Key Players
Eilana Avith-Rose and Jaina Beren will anchor the defensive axis. As one of the older players on the team, Beren will lead the defensive effort as a "spreader." She largely aims to help get the ball out of the defensive third and back to her good friend and Pinnacle Project teammate Lyra Avant in the midfield; as part of the Cenian penchant for unhinged attack, she will also move forward on occasion — a trait that Arrowsword will likely want to crack down on somewhat. And, well, we think Avith-Rose is a good goalie, with good reflexes and long arms.

In the midfield, Lyra Avant and Jasper Berenguer will work together to create plays in the midfield. While Avant might ordinarily be classified as a "box to box" midfielder, she normally will hew to the defensive side to add an extra body to the defensive team; Berenguer, on the other hand, serves as a builder in the team's offensive play, helping to get balls to Koromin and Ellex-Mar up front.

Aidan Koromin and Sebastian Ellex-Mar will form the main offensive threat for the team. Temperamentally, you could not find two players with such drastically different personalities. Ellex-Mar is the stereotypical all-guns-blazing, somewhat brash, somewhat impetuous Cenian striker with the omnipresent suggestion that he has Quebecois blood (not true). On the other hand, Koromin (a scion of the famous Koromin footballing family) is the stereotypical cerebral Cenian playmaker, not one to rush into the opposition goalbox but rather one to wait for the right pass or the right opportunity. With Ellex-Mar as the target and Koromin as the playmaker, the two work pretty well together.

Player Roles
Captain: Rotates between Corran Casa-Alta, Jaina Beren, Lyra Avant, and Jasper Berenguer
Penalties: Ellex-Mar > Koromin > Daneraj
Corners: Berenguer or Reneval
Free kicks: Berenguer or Reneval

RP PERMISSIONS

Choose my goalscorers: YES
Godmod scoring events: YES
RP injuries to my players: YES, but most certainly no career-ending injuries (especially in this tournament!)
Godmod injuries to my players: NO
Hand out yellow cards to my players: YES, although read the information section before you decide to hand out a yellow card.
Hand out red cards to my players: YES, although read the information section before you decide to hand out a red card.
Godmod other events: Please PM me on Discord @credo#6104 to discuss. I'm much better at responding to Discord PMs than TGs so you're more likely to get a quicker response from me.

I will ignore cannon any references to a pandemic taking place.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:15 am

At The End Of A Placid Election Campaign, A Country Tires Of Politics

STRATON: When Tumbra goes to the polls for the second time this year on August 18, many will hope that the result will mark an end to the longest-running political campaign in recent history. The official election campaign only began in July, with the five-week election campaign seeing the usual politicking and electioneering run by the major parties; but an unofficial campaign has been ongoing since Parliament was prorogued for its summer break in May. And if one counts the election campaign for April's election — which began in the last week of February — then Tumbra has been in the throes, the heat and passion of election campaigning for six months.

Is it any wonder, then, that when polling firm Hitchens & Chomsky commissioned a poll surveying Tumbrans for their thoughts on the election campaigns, that nearly half of them replied with some degree of "tired"?

Many local parties that the Times spoke to have mentioned that they have stepped down in-person campaigning efforts, either due to a lack of funding or a perception that their campaigning efforts just are not working out. One Liberal party activist mentioned that the campaign she was working on — for the seat of Loxley, an ultra-marginal seat gained in April by Liberal Simon Woodley on 50.4% of the two-party preferred vote — had ceased door-knocking activities; because they simply weren't getting many responses.

"I think a lot of people really just don't care about what we've got to say anymore, and want this to be over," said the activist, who wished to remain anonymous. "And I can totally understand why. If anything, I think if we'd continued campaigning, we'd have arrived at the strange situation where actively campaigning would've begun to work against us."

Political fatigue having set in has led to some worrying about the degree of absenteeism from the polls on Polling Day itself. Elections Tumbra, Tumbra's federal election regulation board, is preparing itself for a drastically lowered turnout despite Tumbra's rule on compulsory voting. Tumbra's election turn-out rate has hovered at about the 90% mark for most elections since compulsory voting was mandated in 1906; but recent polls have indicated that as much as 25% of the voting-age population may stay home on Saturday.

"I don't blame them. I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to participate in this election, either because they're sick and tired of the political gridlock going on, or because they've just tuned out of the political process," says Ronald Weatherby, the owner of the Fifth Mile pub in the neighbouring seat of Roncaster. "I know that a lot of my customers just don't care anymore; they feel it's unfair that they need to vote again just because the politicians couldn't work together. If they vote, there'll be a high chance they just take their voting slip and just drop it in the box, or just spoil their vote. When they enter my pub, they demand I change the TV channel to be anything but the damned news; and they boo whenever a political ad of whatever colour comes up on it." The current penalty for not voting is a perfunctory fine of twenty dollars, something that more than a few people polled in surveys indicated that "they'd be willing to pay."

Polls indicate that the Liberal/National coalition are clear favourites to finish as at least the largest party in the House of Representatives, with them being within touching distance of a majority government either by themselves or with the support of the Moderate Party. Labour, the current party of government, are expected to have a difficult time forming a government even if they do finish as the largest party. The worst-case scenario for the country, however, says Professor Martin Richardson of the National University of Tumbra, would be another hung parliament leading to an unprecedented third election.

"The country has already proven sick enough of politics as is; I think a third election would make things even worse for the country as is. There haven't been many policies put through; the government's running with zero direction, and the country's finances aren't doing much better." A notable consequence of April's election and the resulting fallout was Tumbra's credit rating being downgraded from AAA to AA by Hannasean credit ratings agency Blair & Brown; something that the Liberals have seized on in their election-related messaging.

Aptly, the other message that the Liberals have been employing throughout the campaign has been playing to the political fatigue the country has been facing; several candidates' messaging have included lines with the sentiment of "Vote Liberal To Finally Move On From This." Only time will tell, however, if the public will listen.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic News | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Kriegiersien
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kriegiersien » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:53 pm

Kriegiersien U18 Football Nationalteam

A meeting between the president of the Kriegiersien Football Union and his secretary, who is also a coach and nephew of a big car manufacturer.

"Sir, I have a team for the U18 World Cup. May I present:
The Rocketboys. Self-driving, consciousness cars playing football. And they are only 1 year old, so they can play in this age class further 17 years."

"Are you kidding me, Waylen?"

"Why would I? They are AI citizens of Kriegiersiens. They are already signed in. You are not a racist who has something against AI, do you?"

"Of course not, some of my best friends are Sex robots. However, in case the organisers or opponents are against that, we should also enrol .. biological players. Lets see … Our women’s team didn’t do well at the Olympics and who knows how the Jenna Raven Cup works out. We need more investment there. Let’s make a team from the best young female players. Get through the database with the players with the highest transfer value and send 11 from them as .. alternative."

Coach:
Waylen Burns

Cars:
Goalkeeper
Autobot 1

Defender
Autobot 2
Autobot 3
Autobot 4
Autobot 5

Midfield
Autobot 6
Autobot 7
Autobot 8
Autobot 9

Striker
Autobot 10
Autobot 11

Biounits:

Goalkeeper
Bora Kertu 16 Lazy Cowards

Defender
Štefanija Juul 17 Lazy Cowards
Remei Katharyn 16 Lazy Cowards
Chidiebube Abiodun 14 Lazy Cowards
Dina Gyeong-Hui 17 Lazy Cowards

Midfield
Clover Pallavi 16 Lazy Cowards
Ji-Won Kia 17 Lazy Cowards
Olívia Yoana 15 Lazy Cowards
Signe Ciannait 17 Lazy Cowards

Striker
Süreyya Fina 17 Lazy Cowards
Sarah Hunter 18 Lazy Cowards

Style modifier:
+5

RP-Permission: Got nuts. Everything I can somehow work with allowed.
Last edited by Kriegiersien on Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:57 am, edited 7 times in total.

Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:23 pm

Commonwealth of Baker Park Under 18 National Team

5th & 9th Under-18 World Champions

Baker Park's Modern Era in soccer can be definitively said to have began not in Valanora at the 42nd DiBradini Cup, nor at the 67th Baptism of Fire in Banija & Qasden, but in Abahnfleft at the 5th Under-18 World Championships.

It was at that tournament that the FAC sent its representative squad that included for the first time both young men and women, playing next to one another in the same starting XI, training side by side daily, competing against the best youth teams in the multiverse together.

Winning that tournament was an added bonus to what was a bold experiment for the governing body, as nothing like it had been tested outside of the composition of local recreational leagues for 5-8 year-olds where, especially at the youngest age level, co-ed teams were the norm. Even before the final whistle sounded in the title match, the experiment had been declared a unquestioned success, and the Commonwealth have never looked back since.

It is considered at the FAC Charter Development Training Complex to be the most important competition behind the World Cup and the AOCAF Cup, evidenced by the trophy case in the lobby where both trophies (SWC 5 & 9) are the centerpiece of the display that features both of its AOCAF Cups and the DiBradini 53 Cup as well as the Cup of Champions from Eagles Cup 13. For the 16th edition in Graintfjall the team for the first time wore proof of that importance on their shirts, as two stars now are placed above the crest for this tournament only (without the two stars that signify the senior team regional titles).

Baker Park were joined in Graintfjall by Mertagne as the third nation to have won the competition more than once, and the national team organization stresses to the players chosen to participate the importance of representing Baker Park with honor, dignity and respect for opponents and officials alike while in pursuit of a third championship.

All-time record: 42 wins, 15 defeats, 10 draws (2 Championships, 4 Quarterfinal & 5 Round of 16 appearances)

Formation: 3-4-1-2
Style: +2.2

Manager—Danielle Harper
Assistant Manager—Kristen Sawyer
Coaches—Steven Tseng, Max Littlejohn, Rich Gabriel
Physio—April Powell

GK			Age	Club/current team
24 Maddie Terwilliger 16 White River Valley HS, Doylestown, EN
21 Jake Kilpatrick 17 Hannover United FC
1 Mitch Longstreet 18 Westland HS, Belle Haven, BP
DEF
18 Michelle Burdette 16 Linwood South HS, Belle Haven, BP
5 Benjy Milhouse 17 Somerset HS, Coolville, MD
19 Zara Jonasson 17 Westwood Sprites Ladies FC
3 Chrissy Little 18 Llewellyn Turnpike Ladies FC
2 Heather Womack 18 Tyler County Central HS, Friendly, SL
14 Nikolai Morris 16 Asbury Park FC
4 Peter Newbury 17 Chesterfield East HS, West Chester, OS
MID
13 Craig Domicelli 18 McAllister North HS, Dunbar, EN
11 Tina Axlerod 17 Far Hills SC
8 Jake Ludwig 18 Southend AC
6 Stacey Jones 17 Marshall HS, Marshallton, LN
16 Linette Gonzales 16 Lima City United FC
7 Cornelius Boyle 18 Ross HS, E Riverside HS, BP
20 Anthony Dixon 17 Greenwood HS, Greenwood, EZ
22 Dorrie Franklin 16 Montrose HS, Jamestown, BP
FWD
10 Becky Shock 18 Lucas HS, Ezriquay, EZ
23 Naomi Kaeppler 16 Fairport East HS, Fairport, LN
9 Tommy Applegate 17 Learfield FC
12 Jeremy Sueleman 18 South Bank HS, Belle Haven, BP
17 Edwin Azikiwe 16 Riverside City FC
15 Kelly Delacroix 17 Bergholz Caledonian FC

Kits
Home
Away

Permissions
_________________________________________________________________________________
In the event my opponent RPs first, they may...
Choose my goalscorers: YES
Godmod scoring events: YES
RP injuries to my players: YES, but those that would be for just the duration of the match (TG in advance would be appreciated as well)
Godmod injuries to my players: See Above
Hand out yellow cards to my players: YES
Hand out red cards to my players: YES, but again, a heads up in advance is appreciated, as I would do for you.
Godmod other events: TG what you have in mind, I'm easy to come to an understanding with
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:27 pm

© Sporting Times Weekend 2022
U18's in Gortolekua for RTC 17
by Fiona Devlin, National Soccer Writer

The Commonwealth National Under-18 squad are finishing up preparations for their opening match in Group E at the U18 World Championship in Gortolekua, where they will look to improve upon the quarterfinal berth they earned in Græntfjall--the seventh time in twelve appearances reaching the last eight of the competition--but will need to come out of the gates fast, as they face Tumbra at the Sininen Linnoitus in Aurinkolasit.

All three group matches will be at the same venue which will be an advantage for Danielle Harper's team, who are also drawn with The Cordian Isles and Oclea; the opener will pit the Junior Bees against a Black Egret side that have never failed to make the semi-finals in their previous four entries.

Harper has had to replace half of the squad that went to Rushmore, with seven starters having advanced to the U21's (where several of them played key roles in the DBC winning squad). She's brought on seven 16 year olds, including two or the most talked about trainees in the sport in Baker Park--defender Nikolai Morris from Asbury Park, and midfielder Linette Gonzales from Lima City United. Morris is an imposing physical presence at 6'2" and just a shade under 200 pounds, most of that muscle. His similarities to another AP centerback, Terrence Stephens, are uncanny. Gonzales draws comparisons to onetime NT star Erica Shaw, as her skills are very close to the former Shirley Metros Ladies legend.

Harper said she had "a good feeling" about her squad despite relative lack of experience on the bench, adding that she believed that Baker Park were in a group 7 or 8 teams that have a legitimate shot at winning the tournament.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Hopal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hopal » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:51 pm

The Hopalian U-18 Team
at the 17th RTC Under-18 World Cup

Kits

Nation Name: Hopal
Trigram: HOP
Nickname: The Suns
Formation: 4-3-3
Style Mod: +2.0

Staff
Head Coach and General Manager: John Ashcroft 44 M
Goalkeeping Coach: Karin Bartos 39 F
Defensive Coach: Paris Boileau 37 F
Offensive Coach: Brad Hurley 32 M
Head of the Medical Staff: Dr. Ursula Johnson 56 F

Starting 11
GK Oliver Paris 15 M
LB Mark Summerfield 17 M
CB Ken Harris 18 M
CB Greg Morehavel 18 M
RB Pat Dacy 16 M
LCM Garrett Moritz 17 M
CDM Justin Thomas 18 M
RCM Harry O'Connor 17 M
LW Uma Frey 18 M
RW Halyna Waro 17 F
CF Josh Davys 16 M

Reserves
GK Nina Tudols 16 F
GK Winter Badley 14 F
DEF Freda Summerfield 15 F
DEF Will Fortescue 13 M
DEF Patsy Rines 14 F
MID Joe Darcy 15 M
MID Helena Gorvi 16 F
MID Evelina Kotsa 16 F
MID Kingma Sharma 15 N
AT London Nydon 17 F
AT Erik Garmabackes 16 M

Captain: Uma Frey
Assistant Captains: Justin Thomas, Ken Harris
Penalty Kick: Uma Frey
Free Kick: Uma Frey, Josh Davys
Corner Kick: Halyna Waro, Josh Davys
About the Team

In the two Under-18 World Cups that Team Hopal has participated in, the 11th and 16th editions of the event, it has never managed to get passed the Round of 16. At the 11th Under-18 World Championship hosted by the Commonwealth of Baker Park, Team Hopal finished 4th in their group with 3 wins, 1 draw, and 2 losses in the group stage, before going on to lose to Siovanija & Teusland in penalties in the pre-Round of 16 knockout stage held for that tournament. That had been a pretty impressive performance for Team Hopal all things considered. That tournament was effectively Team Hopal's sporting debut on the multiversal stage, and few had expected the ragtag team of teenagers gathered from around the country to make it that far. The team was led by Manager David Stoyers, who after the tournament would go on to head the Hopal National Team after the tournament. After his departure from the U-18 team there would be no one to run it, and the team lay dormant not attending the next 5 Under-18 World Cups. But after the appointment of Tom Villiers to head the Hopalian National Program, replacing the now-aging David Stoyers, Stoyers would make an effort to revitalize the U-18 team. Going around the country, recruiting new players and bringing back some still eligible from the team that played in Baker Park. This new U-18 team would participate in the 16th Under-18 RTC World Cup hosted by Græntfjall, and would do quite well for themselves finishing 2nd in their group with 2 wins and 1 loss, before losing 2-1 to Kriegiersien in the Round of 16. After the conclusion of the 16th Under-18 RTC World Cup, David Stoyers would retire as he had intended at the beginning of the tournament, and his longtime assistant going back to the 11th Under-18 World Championship, John Ashcroft would take over the running of the Hopalain U-18 Team. Ashcroft would look to refresh the team before the next tournament. While Stoyers had rather hurriedly put the team together for the tournament in Græntfjall, Ashcroft would really take his time in scouting out young players across the country. He looked to make his team really a force on the multiversal stage, and a steady pipeline of good players for the national team. He also really wanted to build more of a U-18 program, rather than just a U-18 team, modeling his idea on the professional Hopalian National Team and National Program. The national team, while run by the national program, is different from the national program. The national program trains and funds professional soccer players across the country, provides for their expenses and provides facilities for them across the country, hoping to train Hopalian players to their greatest potential. The best players from the national program are chosen to play on the national team at international tournament across the multiverse, though not every player in the national program will end up on the national team, with the lack of a national soccer league in Hopal, this is what keeps professional soccer players going. Ashcroft wants to build a version of this for U-18 players, a national program enrolling U-18 players from across the country and training them for the national U-18 team, and eventually for the national program. This is an effort that has stalled for funding, and he continues to struggle with through this tournament, hoping to use this tournament to prove how important and effective and important such a program would be, through success from the current team. The Starting 11 itself isn't all that different from the Starting 11 that went into the 16th RTC Under-18 World Cup in Græntfjall with many familiar names from that team still in the mix. The major difference from the last tournament being a change in formation, with John Ashcroft opting for the 4-3-3 formation, and making the team more offensive in style. He brought in Brad Hurley as the team's offensive coach, a 32 year old who had earned an bachelor's degree in sport management abroad. Then he served in many organizations and capacities as a sport analyst for a number years, before being hired as one of many assistant coaches at the soccer program at Hopton College. John Ashcroft would hire him as the U-18 team's offensive coach and bring him in to coach a more dynamic, faster, and more flashy style of play to the young talented and more offensively minded players such as Garrett Moritz, Justin Thomas, Harry O'Connor, Uma Frey, Halyna Waro, and Josh Davys. This will be the last Under-18 World Cup for Uma Frey, the captain of the team, and the star of the team going all the way back to the 11th Under-18 World Championship in Baker Park, Hopal's debut on the multiversal sporting stage. It was where he emerged as a goal-scoring superstar, and as presumably the future of soccer in Hopal, after all of his individual success at these tournaments, he would win something before he turns 19. This will also be the last tournament for Justin Thomas, the only other veteran of the Hopalian team in Baker Park, albeit as a reservist, who's going into this tournament as an assistant captain, and the last of Centre Back Greg Morehavel. All three will be hoping to earn a spot on the Hopalian national team joining the likes of Allison Terrace, Brian Atwood, and Kaylee Haboshinter as former members of the U-18 team to join the Hopalian National Team. Another notable name on the U-18 Starting 11 this time around is the Goalkeeper Oliver Paris, a 15 year old who had been the 3rd string goalkeeper at the last tournament, who'd earned his place as the starting goalkeeper this time round after Helen Oburhabel and Nemi Niemi turned 19. An exciting youngster who shows great potential, he's sizing up to be one of the great stars of Hopal's soccer future. And this team has plenty of players who are lining up to future stars on the Hopalian National team as more and more youngsters in Hopal pick up the game of soccer, albeit on the reserves for this tournament. John Ashcroft did a really good job in scouting out young players for the team, including: 13 year old Will Fortescue, who looks to be a future powerhouse on the defence, youngsters Joe Darcy, Patsy Rines, and Erik Garmabackes, siblings Mark and Freda Summerfield, and 14 year old Winter Badley in net. The future of Hopalian soccer will be shaped here in Gortolekua, while this team aims for success here in the present.
Record in Under-18 World Cups

11th Under-18 World Championship - 3-0-3 - 9Pts - 9GF-6GA - Eliminated in the 1st Round
16th RTC Under-18 World Cup - 2-0-2 - 6Pts - 4GF-4GA - Eliminated in the Round of 16
RP PERMISSIONS
If my opponent roleplays first, they may:
Choose my starting lineup: No
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: No
A Nation in South America, comprised of indigenous tribes, immigrants, French and Portuguese settlers, and European Socialists.
Representative Greg Shields (D-CA-28) [Twilight's Last Gleaming]

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:58 pm

Chromatik U-18 Team

Manager: Han Myung, 35
Style Mod: +2
Formation: 4-3-1-2

Goalkeepers
No Pos Name Sex Age Club 2nd. Nat (if applicable)
1 GK Hailee Sourtois F 18 Chromatik U-18s
12 GK Jessika Aniston F 17 F L-C HS
23 GK Sébastien Lebeau M 18 Mt. Baker HS

Defenders
2 LB Lisak Tehahanjeragnen M 15 Crossroads U-18s Ko-oren
13 LB Uemura Saburo M 16 Mt. Baker HS

4 CB Hrönn Sæsdóttir F 16 Chromatik U-18s Græntfjall
5 CB Nana Sæsdóttir F 16 Chromatik U-18s Græntfjall

15 CB Hélène Ataciara F 16 F L-C HS Quebec & Shingoryeo
16 CB Gwyneth Illario F 17 Anomalies U-18s
24 CB Benjamin Sears M 16 F L-C HS

3 RB Behai Griffin M 15 Anomalies U-18s
14 RB Park Hyun-Jung F 17 Chromatik Ctr HS

Midfielders
6 CDM Alija Mesic-Mizayaki F 18 F L-C HS Mytannion
8 CAM Isaiah Dillon M 16 Chromatik Ctr HS

17 CDM Saskia Druppelamandel F 17 Crossroads U-18s Ko-oren
19 CM Igerne Félix M 17 Mt. Baker HS
25 CAM Oskaar Hildebrand M 16 Anomalies U-18s

Side Midfielders
7 LCM Þyrill Bjarnhéðinsson M 16 Chromatik Ctr HS Græntfjall
18 LCM Kyong Tripp M 17 Chromatik U-18s

9 RCM Evin Françine-Miklavivec F 17 Myana NW HS Mytannion
20 RCM Vincenzo McHenry M 17 Chromatik U-18s

Strikers
10 ST Lavrentiy Xuen-Zhukov M 16 Myana U-18s Mytannion
11 ST Xena Allison F 16 Chromatik Ctr HS

21 ST Avril Ludwig-Nikolaeva F 15 Myana NW HS South Newlandia
22 ST Phil Hadrian M 14 Lanar U-18s

F L-C HS: Franscesca Larriet-Cortes High School
Chromatik Ctr HS: Chromatik Central High School
Myana NW HS: Myana Northwestern High School

Starting XI:
SOURTOIS
GRIFFIN - SÆSDÓTTIR, H. - SÆSDÓTTIR, N. - TEHAHANJERAGNEN
BJARHÉÐINSSON - MESIC-MIZAYAKI (C) - FRANÇINE-MIKLAVIVEC
DILLON
XUEN-ZHUKOV - ALLISON

As the Chromatik game grows, so does the influence of other cultures on the country and on the sport of football in Chromatika as a whole. Just look at this team - no less than seven players are dual-nationals, with six of them being from Rushomore. With the squad being made of players of Mytanar and Græntfjaller decent, they'll be a bit more physical and less flexible than usual Chromatik squads.

Hailee Sourtois is the leading youth keeper in the country, and looks to continue building a considerable resume that may see her sign abroad instead of going to the CCFA levels. The twin giants of Hrönn and Nana Sæsdóttir - both of them over six feet, two inches tall and still growing - gives Chromatika a twin towers approach that clears crosses into the box with ease, while Behai Griffin of first-time youth champions Anomalies U-18s and Lisak Tehahanjeragnen, a recent find with speed on the left flank, provides the speed to chase down anyone on the counter.

Alija Mesic-Mizayaki plays the anchor role in deep midfield, while Isaiah Dillon has the green light to create up front; both Þyrill Bjarnhéðinsson and Evin Françine-Miklavivec have considerable pace to move up and down the sideline to assist with the defense or add to the attack. Lavrentiy Xuen-Zhukov is the target-man up front, while Xena Allison creates a bit more from her advanced forward position.

Expect this squad to play tough defense, make counterattacks count, and ultimately try to outmuscle their opposition in the last thirty minutes of the match.

If my opponent role-plays first they may:
Godmod scoring events: N
RP injuries to my players: Y/Minor
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y - Max: 4
Hand out red cards to my players: Y - Max: 2
Godmod other events: N
Last edited by Chromatika on Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Huayramarca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2020

Postby Huayramarca » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:40 pm

Football Federation of Huayramarca

Official Roster for the 17th RTC U-18 World Cup

About Huayramarcan Grassroots Football: Huayramarca has been known for being one of the few countries that hasn’t invested (until now) in forming footballers for its future, for having little to no infrastructure to promote players. Aside from the lucky ones that decide to test themselves in the already existing Liga 1-2-3 teams, without having a formal approach to tactics or real discipline, that jump to the top teams and try to fight for a position in the Senior National Team, there’s need to forge a new identity, as there’s growing awareness among fans and FA directors that Huayramarca will need, soon, a generational shift.

Things had to change and that’s where Omar Caicedo and Rodolfo Zelaya appeared suggesting, to the Huayramarcan FA, a new approach to prepare the talent across the regions of this vast nation and help them transition into the Senior NT, as its obvious that we won’t have Bryan Tello, Ian Mamani, Gabriel Sayritupac, Kevin Quispe or Juan Mamani for our entire lifetimes. In 1986, just about to begin the World Cup 91, the project was created and had plans to find a new manager for the Grassroots National Teams, one that would be a connoisseur of the methods utilised by Omar and Rodolfo, as that would be important to make a seamless transition through the entire National Team ecosystem proposed.

Many potential candidates took part from a course where the basics of the to-be-instituted-style were taught and refined among them, pretty much like a zero-to-hero course for many of them that would feature a capstone project, where they would not only showcase their abilities and what they learned, also challenged their understanding of the proposed tactics. After three months, a new name popped up, and that was Marcos Álvarez for the U-18 side and Luis Díaz for the U-21 one, both will be working together to gather feedback and improve their tactics towards the process required to let the players ready for the expected National Team jump.

The project took more time to start and fly, it was the year of 1987 when the reality seemed to begin a slow change, as the Huayramarcan Football Association put the program to work, asking the manager of this U-18 side, Marcos Álvarez, to create a roadmap to put his team into work and in rhythm for tournaments across the Multiverse to showcase them. After some work, he decided to take the ideas of Omar Caicedo when it comes to tactics, search for footballers across the whole nation and then sign Huayramarca for the prestigious RTC U-18 World Cup as a beginning for this team, one that will provide the players a good experimentation field to let their tactic framework function properly, against some of the top squads across the Multiverse.

El Huayco (mudslide), as it is called the main tactic scheme used by the senior Condors, focuses on demanding a team with good physical conditions for the entire game, as it requires a lot of concentration and pressing to achieve its main goals. Hence the search across Huayramarca, for some new talents that could fulfill the needs that the Senior National Team could have in a couple of years. Through the 20 departments, no matter the region or how far the city is, Álvarez and his coaching staff visited and organised trials to check what the nation had to offer him and his plan to prepare the future gems of Huayramarca for their first international exposure.

From those trials and scouting done, a group of 27 players have appeared for the U-18 and U-21 projects, but age constraints have forced the pool to increase its size to 39 players, as the FA has asked to send 26 players as a minimum to each tournament. This new pool features some interesting footballers, from fast ones, tough and technical, dual nationals who switched allegiance to Huayramarca and people from the very last corner of the nation, making sure to gather a good representation from everybody, be it Huayramarcans or people who are searching for a new opportunity in this country.

How We Play Football? El Huayco is a style of play in which you look to win back the ball as soon as you lose it, and you try to win it back as high up the pitch as possible; that means you’re closing down a lot to put pressure on the player that's just won the ball back.

The idea is that the player who just won the ball will be vulnerable and won't have time to think about his first pass. You just close him down to win the ball back quickly as high up the pitch as possible, and then you initiate a counterattack. You're likely already halfway there and ready to go past into space and score a goal.

You can also use this tactic to target specific weak players if you have noticed a weakness in a certain team. Maybe central defenders or full backs aren't comfortable on the ball, and you can look to press and close certain individuals to try and make the most out of this game pressing style.

During the last couple of years, this scheme has suffered some modifications in order to keep it updated with the latest trends in modern football, reinforcing creation duties in the midfield and gaining extra protection in case the team losses the ball have been decisive to take this model to a higher level. The wingers now have a protagonist role as they might venture more often in attacking duties, transforming their roles to be strikers when needed, so, Huayramarca could have a 4-3-3 scheme at certain moments of the match.
To achieve Caicedo’s main goal, there are several prerequisites for successful counter pressing. The decisive factor is the overall positioning of the team and their playing style right before attempting to counter press. The players must play as close to one another as possible so that they can press together as a unit right after the ball is lost – which is a given in short passing football. At the same time, they should not stick so close to one another that they neglect to cover enough space.

Many teams also have problems deciding when to stop pressing, for example, when we stop pressing if we can’t win the ball back? When should we retreat? How long should you press and with how many players? This is particularly problematic because the position of the ball is always changing. Therefore, there is a theory created by Caicedo – the five second rule. Immediately after losing the ball the team should press at top speed and with maximum intensity for five seconds, if not possible, then switch to defence.

Now, Marcos Álvarez has the goal to make sure that his pupils learn the fundamentals of this style, to help them create memory plays that may help to optimise this scheme and make it more effective while using it. Also, his responsibility will be to notice some patterns that might indicate that there’s need to modify the system furthermore, to make it suit to the abilities that the new generation will display in the pitch, as it will be important to adapt the game to the players rather than forcing players to get used to something that doesn’t benefits them.

Without further ado, the starting XI and substitutes are presented in the following tables:

Starting Eleven

Line-up:

Substitutes

Summary

Nickname: Los Cóndores (The Condors).

Captain: Ruben Cochachi.
Second Captain: Lucien Alszeghy.
Third Captain: Carlos Cedeño.
Most likely to score: Lucien Alszeghy
Most likely to get red carded: Dylan Adame.
Prone to get injuries: Marcelo Huanca.
The genius: Carlos Cedeño.
The motivating soul: René Matsabanda.
Goal Tune: Gol de Huayramarca ¡Carajo!

Manager: Marcos Álvarez. (47) Image
Assistant 1: Rodolfo Zelaya. (38) Image
Physio: Lautaro Huamán. (65) Image
GK Trainer: Martín Zubeldía (47) Image
Doctor: Luciano Zambrano. (57) Image

Álvarez took one thing seriously while searching players for the team, he wanted the fastest ones possible when it comes to decision-making processes and physical speed, something this team really exploits in the wings from Cochachi and Caicedo who sometimes go up and help to attacking duties, then they return as fast as possible. They are always supported by a quite strong defensive core in the shape of Adame and Arteaga, who tend to play strong and borderline when it comes to the rules, both possess a good aerial game, but Arteaga can be a bit loose while marking rivals.

In the midfield, Mamani and Huanca often switch roles, as they can protect the playmaker and brain of the team Cedeño, or help him to distribute the game to the wings with Matsabanda and Mendoza who are lethal with speeds and have different specialties, as Matsabanda can be good while getting into the area and dribbling players to seek a chance for himself, or Mendoza who is a specialist with crossing passes to the attackers. Sometimes, the midfield might rely on the defenders to create chances, then pass the ball to Cedeño who might also try a shot from mid-range, something he’s good at. If we assess weaknesses of the team, Huanca tends to be delicate while marking due to his proneness to injuries, Cedeño might lose temper if provoked and Mamani could go harsh when tackling.

The wingers have the sole mission of feeding Alszeghy with passes, Lucien might always take every chance to score a goal, as he is pretty much always in the right spot to push the ball into the net, an opportunist like the legendary Bryan Tello, he could be marked heavily but he will always find the way to shoot and score. Alszeghy has good skills with set-pieces and mid-range shoots, although not good when it comes to penalty kicks and, lastly, he’s regular with the aerial game, might always help.

The Kits: Huayramarca’s social mindset is to aim for local consumption in the long term, hence the HFF decided to hire “eva Sportswear” to manufacture the kits for the national team. “eva” decided to take the ball out of the park with some unique designs for Huayramarca, reflecting the national identity and adding up some motivational phrases on them for mere sake of marketing. Those kits are based on the geography of this nation, from the coast to the highlands and jungle to promote a sense of national unity, especially on a stage that the national team might try to do something decent in their first World Cup Qualifiers venture.

As backgrounds, you might notice some decent spots that Huayramarca has to offer, such as Uyuni's salt lake with some astrophotography in it, Huayna Picchu's monument to Inti (Sun), Lake Quilotoa (an old volcano near the city of Tulcán), Puerto Odriozola at the San Carlos Islands, the Ojos del Salado Volcano with a lavender field and then, the second flag of the Plurinational Republic, the Wiphala, a representation of the old Incaic glory of Huayramarca and banner of the Aymara and Quechua nationalities.

“eva” decided to depict elements that provide some sense of pride and national identification for Huayramarcans, no matter where they from are, those are universal icons of what Huayramarca is and its roots. Strong roots, strong legacy, and strong people forging their future with pride and hope.

Godmod scoring events: N.
RP injuries to my players: Y - Contact me first, so we can agree.
Godmod injuries to my players: Y - Contact me first as well.
Give red cards to my players: Y – Max 3 per match.
Godmod other events: Y – Contact me, so we can agree.

Style Modifier: +4.30

Nota Bene: Do not RP a pandemic on Huayramarcan soil nor involve any of my players on it.

Population: 36 million, demonym: Huayramarcan, capital city: Chuquiago languages: Spanish, Quechua, Aymara + 6

CAFA VII Champions

Mertagne
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mertagne » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:46 am

The Federation of Mertagnian Football Presents...
U18WC17 Team

Goalkeepers
No Pos Player Sex Age Club 2nd N. Traits
1 GK Pertinax Tikeers M 18 Image Octosaide - Outspoken, Extroverted, Gigantic, Architect
12 GK Callaghan Bauldry M 15 Image Papillio Mertagne FMFC BRE Collaborative, Honourable, Gangly, Professional
23 GK Enili Reeve F 16 Image Signal Dannin KOR Avid, Emotional, Well-Built, Communicator

Defenders
2 LB Lurda Duckworth F 18 Image Blades de Bretsaar - Conspiratorial, Challenging, Squat, Cheater
3 CB Gregor Charlton M 17 Image Craebog Crocodiles - Cynical, Avid, Fit, Target Man
4 CB Christina Grange F 18 Image Point Guard FMFC - Boisterous, Corny, Skinny, Quick Passer
5 RB Lyle Aylott M 18 Image Papillio Mertagne FMFC - Cluttered, Clueless, Burly, Ball Winner
13 LB Shawn Ford M 16 Image Dannin Bridge FMFC EUR Giddy, Expeditious, Powerful, Captain
14 CB Conwal Ibarborde M 17 Image New Fligsive's Memory - Fearless, Immodest, Powerful, Tackler
15 CB Daevon Nicholls M 15 Image Keers Kannoneers CBR Tenacious, Tidy, Hard-hitting, Daredevil
16 RB Susannah Green F 17 Image Horsehead United - Duplicitous, Practical, Petite, Aggressor
24 CB Aato Irizarri M 16 Image Lehen Neorudo GTK Cheeky, Fanatical, Athletic, Free Kick Specialist

Midfielders
6 LM Frank Errington M 18 Image The Footballing Bulwark - Gallant, Willing, Plump, Dribbler
7 CM Stacy Tompkins F 17 Image New Fligsive Defenders - Neutral, Commanding, Staunch, Ball Winner
8 CM Sulon Garber M 17 Image Octosaide - Constructive, Forthright, Gangly, Gladiator
9 RM Martin Buytron M 18 Image Blades de Bretsaar - Smart, Competent, Short, Tackler
17 LM Alexei Plant M 16 Image The Inner Circle of Ist TKT Exuberant, Elaborate, Strong, Glass cannon
18 CM Aislin Du Moucel F 15 Image Vixceinion TLI Honest, Alert, Lanky, Pace Setter
19 CM Isidro Jopson F 16 Image Bricklayer's Union SNL Civilized, Businesslike, Burly, Long-Range Passer
20 RM Nina Murchante F 18 Image Lehen Neorudo - Flamboyant, Impractical, Nimble, Man Marker
25 CM Þalía Sturladottir F 15 Image Kurtz Herritik GRF Diplomatic, Aware, Thin, Trickster

Attackers
10 ST Jamie Martix [c] M 18 Image FMFC Ninestar - Practical, Brisk, Staunch, Workhorse
11 ST Burro Curwood M 18 Image Girdwood's Academy* - Humble, Good, Fast, Workhorse
21 ST Charles Orton M 17 Image New Fligsive's Memory EOT Odd, Forgiving, Bony, Creator
22 ST Caroline Latham F 16 Image Century Mertagne FMFC TMB Martyr, Sensitive, Slim, Daredevil
26 ST Eudon Nasif M 15 Image Scharfwick Flames ADB Surprising, Educated, Stocky, Crowd Pleaser
*Girdwood's Academy for Future-Thinking Sportspeople, A Sporting Deductible of Girdwood's Meat Packing -- Girdwoods Pack The Rest So You Can Eat The Best!

Support Staff
Manager: Ázëwyn Fëanáro, 41XX, Image Calming, Sensible, Lithe, Architect
Ass. Manager: Kristie Ettrick, 43, Image Aggressive, Intense, Compact, Dissenter
Media Consultant: Ellis "Lis" Lawrence, 25, Image Entrepreneurial, Duplicitous, Bony
Traits follow a [mental][mental][physical][style] format.
Formation: 4-4-2
Style Modifier: +4. Score more goals than you can.
Free Kickers: Aato Irizarri, Isidro Jopson, Þalía Sturladottir
Cornerers: Þalía Sturladottir, Burro Curwood, Alexei Plant
Penaltiers: Jamie Martix, Sulon Garber, Lurda Duckworth

Mertagne are back with a steely look in their eyes and a cackling laugh in their throats, while clutching the incumbent trophy with glee. A 2-1 victory over (now) regionmates Tjorl sealed the (slightly staccato) double for Mertagne, their second U18 trophy in three cycles.

Youth Football in the nation is undergoing quite the renaissance, with money being poured into youth academies and facilities at the behest of the government and the FMF, who are both working together to try and build some sports credibility that might see Mertagne continue its slow but steady rise through the world of international football.

Ázëwyn Fëanáro, who is continuing her tenure of managing all areas of the national Mertagnian football pyramid (although it's looking more like a pillar with a big base at the moment), is looking to promote the nation's links with other countries in this tournament, and she has utilised a robust scouting network to find the best dual-national youth talent that the multiverse has to offer. Mertagne allows for dual-nationals, with the nation adopting an aggressively welcoming stance on migration. It is often joked that the authorities will hand you a Mertagnian passport if you can sketch the flag from memory. [NOTE: If you see a player with links to your nation on this this list, you may bring them into your domestic league structure right now! Send me a telegram with the name of their incoming club and it will be edited directly into this roster {With a light retcon if that suits.}]

Mertagne's typical style of "pre-football" that focusses on the fundamentals has proved to be a hit in youth spheres, with the techniques taught at this level rapidly emerging as a style of play that is "easy to learn, but difficult to master". Key members of this squad range from goalkeeping star Pertinax Tikeers, who made a name for themselves with a stellar punch to the ball that saw away one of Tjorl's many chances of snatching the trophy last cycle, to Jamie Martix, who is rapidly becoming a talent that FMFC Ninestar are thrilled to have cultivated, and is captaining this squad. In the defence, Lurda Duckworth will be sat on the left looking to have a go at anyone that enters her threat range, referee or player, and is likely to start but rapidly get subbed out by Shawn Ford, an equally energetic but more positive presence. Aato Irizarri is the flexible option for the defence comfortable at this stage in his career on either side of the middle line, typically able to keep pace with an oncoming attack and dig it deep out of the defending third.

Midfield wise, highlights include Alexei Plant, who has a very mean foot that's known to punt the ball way off the pitch at the mere threat of possession, and Isidro Jopson, who is known to make short work of the midfield with very well placed long shots that look either easy or just plain lucky. Familiar faces from last cycle, such as Frank Errington and Stacy Tompkins, make up a dependable core of the squad.

Attacking options are primed and ready from cup winners in Martix and Curwood, the latter of whom still has an ironclad let lucrative contract with a meat packing company, to dual-nationals from some equally intimidating foes. Provided the teams perform as the bookmakers expect, it's likely that Latham and Nasif will face off against their other home nations, as Mertagne has done in the past. Loyalties will hopefully remain with the Green Goblins, with both players likely to do something out of the ordinary - with Latham doing so as part of a cunning yet sacrificial plan, and Nasif doing so because it looks great for the cameras and fans watching.

Mertagne is out to win this tournament once again, with national pride and the potential to become the winningest nation in this tournament on the line. However, that road will be fraught with old foes, who by now are likely to have sussed Mertagne's game out and developed frighteningly efficient counter-strategy to boot. Fëanáro is betting on the new blood to get inventive and save the day.

Kits lovingly provided by Kirola Sportswear of Audioslavia.

For cycle 92, Mertagne debut their brand new kits, courtesy of Kirola Sportswear, Audioslavia. The striking novastrella seen on the splendidly Anaian third kit (centre) is reimagined for a new Mertagnian age on the home kit (left), in a patriotic lime, integrated with a unique arrow pattern emerging, much like the national team's success, up from the bottom. The away kit (right) echoes the folded geometric design of the FMF crest, with a shape that contains elements of a folded 'F' as well as a series of stacked 'M's, in another arrow motif that this time points downwards. FMF and Kirola representatives refused to comment when one keen eyed journalist noted that the colours of the away kit were 'essentially a reverse Krytenia'.

Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes, but no outright killing.
Godmod other events: Sometimes. Send me a TG with what you're planning and I'll approve it if I like it.
Last edited by Mertagne on Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
user pronouns: he/him

The Nation of Mertagne - World Wonder Wizard!
Capital: Dannin ¤ Trigram: MRT ¤ Demonym: Mertagnian ¤ Map: Here! ¤ Anything Else: Here!
¤ combined a jet engine with fireworks ¤ ANAIA NATION ¤ Author of NS Issue #1508 ¤

Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:46 am

West Barack and East Obama National U-18 Football Team

A Brief History of Obaman Football

Football as a sport is prohibited in West Barack and East Obama, along with other team sports such as cricket, rugby and paintball. This is because the prevalence team sports has a strong correlation to organised crime, violence and political dissidents, so all attempts at forming groups are prohibited. However, West Barack and East Obama has established an official national football team to help promote Obaman values on the international stage. Most recently, West Barack and East Obama reached the Round of 20 in the Independent Associations' Cup in its 16th edition, a strong showing at their inaugural competition. However, its youth team is yet to debut, so it will be interesting to see how they perform in comparison.

The Coaching Team

Head Coach: Howard Hobama
Assistant Coach: Timothy Obblama

Howard Hobama and Timothy Obblama are better known as "[CENSORED]", a charming nickname coined by the inmates of Jakartington WB Juvenile Penitentiary. Head Warden Hobama and Assistant Head Warden Obblama are fierce and unflinching, and are ready to beat the crap out of anyone who gets out of line. They can instill a good sense of discipline into the team, giving them the edge over teams of fellow rowdy teenagers.

The Players

The players below are all inmates at Jakartington WB Juvenile Penitentiary (JWBJP). Most of them are convicted for the offence of playing team sports, such as football, in illegal matches. Some have also been jailed for other offences but were selected to represent West Barack and East Obama due to their skills.

Goalkeeper: Hussein Smithies, 16

The goalie for the infamous "Lean Street" illegal football team, Hussein Smithies is one hardened criminal. Despite his age, he is over two metres tall and a special cell had to be constructed to hold him. He has a lengthy track record of intimidating other inmates, such as by holding objects over his head to prevent them from reaching it. Hopefully he can apply these skills to the pitch to frustrate enemy attackers.

Left Full Back: Justin Obameaux, 17

Formerly an online gamer from a faraway Francophone nation, Obameaux was discovered to had been playing Valorant with several other Obamen. Minister of Foreign Affairs Michael O. Bama demanded the extradition of Obameaux to West Barack and East Obama, which happened after the threats of nuclear war started rolling in. Having frequently claimed that "his brother was on le account" throughout his entire sentencing and sentence, Obameaux has an element of stubbornness and foreign flair that will be vital to the team.

Left Centre Back: Gideon Robama-Denovitz, 16

Cousin of gangster and Obaman international footballer Barack Denovitz, Robama-Denovitz is fearsome. Given a life sentence at the age of 12 for committing a string of armed robberies, arson, and blatant jaywalking offences, Robama-Denovitz has nothing to lose when crunching into another kid's ankle during a slide tackle.

Right Centre Back: Chris Zobama, 17

Nicknamed "The Zombie", Chris Zobama appears to be invincible. Once, his leg broke in two different places and he didn't notice until after the match and after he had scored a hattrick. With many appalled by his freakish nature, he was locked up for witchcraft and drug offences. Nobody's getting past this guy.

Right Full Back: Florentino Obamarino, 16

Florentino Obamarino was one of the most reviled criminals in New Barack City, until he was placed into witness protection after testifying against his gang. Unfortunately, in Jakartington WB, he continued his misdeeds of knocking on doors and running away. His speed ensured that he was almost never caught, but one day he accidentally knocked on one of his former gang's doors and decided to turn himself in for his safety. Hopefully his skills at evading capture will help him catch up to opposing wingers.

Left Central Midfielder: Jock Flubbubbazuppa, 17

Protchen United youth prospect Jack Flubbubbazuppa was over here on holiday, and just could not resist having a small match with some locals using of a Sozha Soda tin can. Fortunately, all of them were arrested, but the government has decided that while Flubbubbazuppa awaits extradition they can put his skills to good use.

Right Central Midfielder: Barackdon Leeward, 16

Barackdon Leeward was a notorious poacher, and was caught in the act of shooting down a red-blooded patriotic bald eagle with a slingshot. Public outrage led to his life imprisonment, but he's good at passing the ball so he's on the team now to try and soften the outcry.

Left Winger: Moe Biden, 17

Moe Biden ran one of the biggest alcohol-smuggling rings in the country, regularly delivering these vile goods to households in the dead of the night. His intelligence, timing and speed made him the perfect choice for a winger.

Central Attacking Midfielder: Xerxasxa Xobama!, 16

Even for an Obaman, government officials couldn't believe that Xerxasxa Xobama! was his real name, so they locked him up for falsifying his ID, but it turns out that his parents managed to register him with that name. While waiting 8 years for his wrongful conviction to be officially overturned, his killer left foot couldn't be wasted, right?

Right Winger: Desmond Flobama, 17

Desmond Flobama was caught illegally playing ice hockey with his friends in a basement, where he managed to build an in-house ice rink. Whilst impressed with his building and motor skills, the law is the law and the authorities had to send him to the big house.

Striker: Gary Obamad, 17

Nicknamed the "Butcher of Barack", Gary Obamad was a butcher's assistant who handled some meat without washing his hands. A clear violation of health and safety, he had to be put in prison for his heinous crimes. Deadly on the attack though, and can make incisive shots that rip through the net, so he's on penalty duties.

Other Stuff

Nickname: Obamen, The Obama Carers

Kit Colours: Red and Yellow

RP Permissions: As long as you TG me beforehand about any potential serious wackiness, do what you like. Red and yellow cards should not be issued too liberally though.

Style Mod: -1.5
Sonnel is the place.

6x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:43 am

Note: In the Adabian timeline, the U18 World Cup takes place around June-July 2040. Age is as of June 1, 2040.

The Adabian Under-18 National Football Team

The best competition I have is against myself, to become better.
-John Wooden

Demonym: Adabian (plural Adabians)
Association: Adab Football Association (AFA)

BACKGROUND
Faisal al-Ali and his army of juvenile talent are back to wreak havoc on the flower of world football’s youth. Adab’s last outing in the Under-18 World Cup, in the 16th edition, had ended not with a bang but rather with a whimper as they crashed out of the group stage. With that mind, al-Ali has emphasized, as always, that he is not setting expectations too high. “They have potential, that much is clear,” al-Ali stated. “We will see how it goes with time.”

KIT

The national team's kits, designed by Ahmad Enlil (the first President of the Football Association) in 1907, are currently manufactured by Shining Sun Company, owned by Rahman Ashurbanipal, businessman and grandson of Emperor Tizqar III.

STAFF
Manager: Faisal AL-ALI - Male – born April 14, 1975 (age 65)
A friend and former teammate of senior team manager Saad Kaykali at Baghdad City, al-Ali shocked the Adabian football community by taking the under-18 team all the way to the final of the 14th Under-18 World Cup and achieving third place in the 15th edition. His success has made al-Ali a dark horse candidate to eventually succeed Kaykali in the senior team, but he insists that he has no greater ambitions and is fully focused on managing the under-18 team.

STARTING LINEUP
GK: 1 – Tariq AL-ALI – Male – born March 18, 2022 (age 18) – Beirut U18
LB: 2 – Enheduanna DILBAT – Female – born January 9, 2023 (age 17) – Baghdad City U18
CB: 3 – Sallimahhe SARMAADAD – Male – born April 6, 2022 (age 18) – Beirut U18
CB: 4 – Laila MUTAIR – Female – born September 20, 2022 (age 17) – Beirut U18
RB: 5 – Eliana ORNSTEIN – Female – born February 15, 2023 (age 17) – Yerushalayim U18
LM: 6 – Ashurina HADDAD – Female – born January 20, 2024 (age 16) – Uruk Imperials U18
CM: 7 – Erishum ZUABU – Male – born November 19, 2023 (age 16) – Baghdad United U18
RM: 8 – Belbani ISMEDAGAN – Male – born March 15, 2022 (age 18) – Uruk Imperials U18
LAM/LW: 9 – Lani AL-ATRASH – Female – born July 5, 2023 (age 16) – Adab United U18
RAM/RW: 10 – Sinnamir YAKMESI – Male – born November 17, 2022 (age 17) – Mosul U18
CF: 11 – Moussa YACOUB-HADDAD – Male – born April 8, 2024 (age 16) – Baghdad United U18

TACTICS AND FORMATION
The team will use 4-3-2-1, the "Christmas tree" formation, with an emphasis on attacking play and taking advantage of their opponents' mistakes to launch a quick counterattack, marked by rapid passing from the back four - and, if deemed safe enough, long balls - through the midfield and to the front.

RP PERMISSIONS
Choose my goalscorers Yes
Choose scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: No, and I won’t injure your players either
Hand out red cards to my players: No, and I won’t give red cards to your players either
Godmod other events: Yes, just don't injure or kill my players or staff or prevent them from being present in the next match

Style mod: +4.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me via TG or Discord!
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:29 am

DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ABANHFLEFT
NATIONAL UNDER-18 ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL TEAM - MIXED

This is the seventeenth time that Abanhfleft will be participating in an international under-18 football competition. Surely this time it will finally happen, right? It should be, or else this truly is just the textbook definition of insanity: doing the same thing every time yet expecting a different outcome each and every single time.

BASIC INFORMATION
Name of nation: Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Demonym: Fleftic
Team colors: Blue, orange, and green
Style modifier: +2.0
Formation: 4-2-3-1 (This will be standard unless I change it through RPs)
Head coach: Jonas Adrianzen (47 y/o, Sultanate of Oontaz)

STARTERS (All players are members of their league team's youth squads unless noted otherwise in their bios)
GK: Kimberley FITZGERALD 16 y/o, Xemlice Rovers Ladies Image, female

RB: Oliver RINGER 18 y/o, Sporting Ceneisis Image, male

RCB: Alden LIMBUDAN 16 y/o, Athletic Dorfdifving Image, male

LCB: Elena BURKE 17 y/o, Riuwiee United Women Image, female

LB: Leon CALIM 18 y/o, Ludogorets Markovsky Image, male

RM: Krista NASH 16 y/o, Eielo Sunlight Women Image, female

LM: Nadine MILLER 17 y/o, Wanda Island Wanderers Women Image, female

RW: Beth ANDERSON 16 y/o, Rosenpfelblatz City Women Image, female

CAM: Faustino KISSANE 17 y/o, Riuwiee United Image, male

LW: Castor CUENCO 18 y/o, Paulsen F.C. Image, male

ST: Albert COJUANGCO 17 y/o, Riuwiee United Image, male

RESERVES
GK: Steven FOWLER
17 y/o, Sarvusdalamoive Image, male

GK: Rachel MOSES 16 y/o, Arsenal de Releinthi Women Image, female

DEF: Cecelia KING 16 y/o, Admiral Porcusces Women Image, female

DEF: Dianne PIERCE 17 y/o, Xemlice Rovers Ladies Image, female

DEF: Franco CAACBAY 17 y/o, Malabon SC Image, male

MID: Emma LLOYD 16 y/o, Dynamo Ja Women Image, female

MID: Ewan BAIN 17 y/o, Riuwiee United Image, male

MID: Norman GRIFFIN 16 y/o, Bananas F.C. Image, male

MID: Humberto COUGHLIN 18 y/o, Marble Arch Defenders Image (Fhulghamous Peninsula), male

FW: Bryant McGUIRE 16 y/o, Rosenpfelblatz City Image, male

FW: Aldo CASTILLO 17 y/o, Porcusces Tsunamis Image, male

FW: Sam WESTPHAL 17 y/o, Heliopolisspor Image (Fhulghamous Peninsula), male

KITS (by Adidulas)

RECORDS (extra-time wins or losses are counted as such, penalty shootouts are counted as draws)
Overall win-loss record: 42-11-30
U18WC 1: 5-1-1 (runners-up, beaten by Semarland in final 5-2)
U18WC 2: 6-0-1 (runners-up, beaten by Anglatia in final 1-0)
U18WC 3: 5-1-1 (runners-up, beaten by Anglatia in final 4-3)
U18WC 4: 4-0-1 (eliminated in quarterfinals by Mercedini 3-1)
U18WC 5: 4-1-2 (runners-up, beaten by Baker Park in final 5-2)
U18WC 6: 1-0-2 (eliminated in the group stage)
U18WC 7: 3-0-2 (eliminated in quarterfinals by Starblaydia 2-1)
U18WC 8: 1-1-1 (eliminated in the group stage)
U18WC 9: 2-0-2 (eliminated in Round of 16 by Terre Septentrionale 1-0 AET)
U18WC 10: 1-0-2 (eliminated in the group stage)
U18WC 11: 1-2-3 (eliminated in the group stage)
U18WC 12: 5-2-3 (third place winners, beating HUElavia 2-1 AET)
U18WC 13: 2-0-2 (eliminated in the group stage)
U18WC 14: 2-1-3 (eliminated in the group stage)
U18WC 15: 0-2-1 (eliminated in the group stage)
U18WC 16: 0-0-3 (eliminated in the group stage)
U18WC 17: ?????

RP PERMISSIONS
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but I decide the severity and length of time out
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes (maximum of 6 per game)
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes, but only 1 per 2 games
Godmod other events: Contact me via TG or Discord first before proceeding
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:58 am

Eastfield Lodge Roster for RTC U18 World Cup 17

Demonym: Eastfielder

The Imperial Commonwealth of Eastfield Lodge is a vast conglomerate of nations and states that resides almost entirely in a separate dimension to the reality you all know and love - a bubble universe would be an apt description (the why is a long story, involving the Dreamed Realm and a threat to the existence of the entire universe). The one bit of the country that lies in the regular dimension is a tiny island in the northern seas of the famous sporting region Rushmore, which serves as a transport hub for travel across the region by conventional transport, and for travel to the Imperial Commonwealth via something called a Void Ship (think of it like travelling through a well controlled wormhole).

The history of the country is long and complex, but the key overview is that it is a very socialist Muslim constitutional monarchy, with a noted reputation as being one of the nicest places to visit in the entirety of the known multiverse - the most recent WA census puts the Imperial Commonwealth in the top 100 nations in several measures such as Safety, Compliance/freedom from crime, Tourism, Weather, Compassion, Niceness and Environmental Beauty, amongst several others; most of which are also ranked as the best in the Rushmore region. Because of the initial portal, the nation advanced forwards in leaps and bounds technologically due to intermingling with denizens of another dimension, various alien races from the universe in which the popular RLStates TV show Doctor Who is situated. Whilst these aliens used to take part in life in the Imperial Commonwealth, even forming the Eastfielder National Team for a number of tournaments, they no longer exist in this bubble universe, due to a dimensional shift no longer aligning the two dimensions - for now, Eastfield Lodge only contains those beings that you find elsewhere in the NS multiverse.

Whilst we are a fairly chill nation, we are still fairly socially conservative, and there are plenty of special rules visitors need to be aware of:
  • No Alcohol. At all.
  • No smoking or recreational drugs at all. Visiting team members/fans will be given replacement/cessation therapy if struggling to cope.
  • No public displays of affection. What you get up to in the privacy of your own hotel room is up to you, as long as it stays there.
  • There isn't a legally enforced dress code, but at least dress respectfully, the locals will appreciate you.
  • Cities are by and large car-free zones; make use of the extensive public transport system.
  • Don't worry about a language barrier, there is an inbuilt telepathic translation circuit within the visas that you will be issued - it translates all speech and text into a language you understand instantaneously.
  • No unhealthy junk food will be available, the country is too healthy for that. Also, the food will all be halal, but there is an extensive range of vegetarian/vegan options for those who insist.
  • Ignore all the cameras and the police presence. They're for the safety of everyone.
  • High-level technology pervades every aspect of society and life here, get used to it.
Lodger City Memorial Stadium
Capacity: 150,000
Description: The home of Eastfielder football, the stadium was built on the ruins of the old capital of Eastfield Lodge, Lodger City, which was flattened in a double disaster (severe floods from dams bursting and an explosion from an unknown source, killing much of the population of the city and rendering the city useless. Administrative functions were transferred over to Lodgertia, the city began to be rebuilt, and it was decided that this stadium would be one of the monuments erected in place. The inside walls contains inscriptions of the names of all the dead – just under 9 million. The stadium used to play host to the two classic giants of EL football – RGS Athletic and VLC FC - until both had their new stadiums finished; it is now only used for internationals and cup matches.

Parliament Stadium
Capacity: 80,000
Description: Formerly the second largest stadium in Eastfield Lodge (until King Iqbal II and Vorgan Park were completed), behind the Memorial Stadium in New Lodger City, it was built in the centre of Lodgertia, the capital of Eastfield Lodge, and the Imperial Commonwealth. It was named due to the fact that the Parliament is based just a few hundred metres down the road; in fact, the original stadium was actually joined to the Parliament building, as an area where MPs could watch or even engage in sport with the public, as well as being a designated protest site. However, with Lodgertia becoming more built up, it was decided that the stadium needed to be built up as well. It is home to Lodgertia United and Lodgertia City alongside being temporary hosts of RGS Athletic and VLC FC (when Lodger City was being rebuilt), and in the past has hosted several international matches, including the final of SBCC 27 and a group in both stages of Market Cup 4.

Tavernia Stadium
Capacity: 65,921
Description: Currently the largest stadium outside of Eastfield Lodge itself, Tavernia Stadium sits near the heart of the city of Tavernia, in Westmeadow Tavern, the nation bordering Eastfield Lodge. WC85 will see the stadium's debut when it comes to hosting the Eastfield Lodge National Team, but it is no stranger to WC football though - it was the home ground for Westmeadow Tavern when they had their own international football team in the earlier years of the Imperial Commonwealth. It is also home to the two best teams in Westmeadow Tavern, with FC Tavernia and Tavernia City plying their trade here.

Manager: Toby Callahan; age: 57
A former RGS Athletic and Eastfielder national team centre-back, Toby has been heading up the national youth setup for some time, although without much official tournament participation in the last couple of decades, there hasn't been much pressure on the pipeline, something which clearly shows when it comes to the senior squad. Nonetheless, he remains the best qualified (and one of very few to be interested, truth be told) for the position, as the Eastfield Lodge U18 squad make their U18WC debut.

First XI		   Age	Gen	Pos	  Academy		Notes/Traits
Yuvin O'Sullivan 17 M GK Farond YFC +Sweeping, Organisation, Aggression; -Handling, Agility
Lynne Taelyn-Whitehead 16 F LB/CB Thawmont YFC +Work Rate, Tackling; -First Touch, Marking
Diana Kirkup 18 F RB/CB Acreville Juniors +Passing, Adaptability; -Bravery, Heading
Firhan Kang 18 M RB/LB Lodger Juniors DN (Quebec and Shingoryeo); +Composure, Aggression; -Dribbling, Heading
Francille Durelli 17 F RB/CB/LB W-D School Academy +Agility, Anticipation; -Long Shots, First Touch
Amaan Lefort 16 M DMF/CB Farond YFC +Jump, Agility; -Movement, Anticipation
Reymundo Meogegiv 18 M DMF Pontifucia Academy +Agility, Vision; -Injury
Boet Caceres 17 M RMF/AMF Farond YFC +Decisions, Set Pieces; -Injury, Anticipation
Daisi Hackett 18 F LMF/AMF Thawmont YFC +Pace, Dribbling; -Agility
Chavez Rodgers 16 M ST/AMF Jam Mountain Academy +Aggression, Injury, Long Throws; -Fitness, Determination
Abla Marcial 17 F ST Farond YFC +Set Pieces, First Touch, Finishing; -Vision, Stamina

Reserves Age Gen Pos Academy Notes/Traits
Joss Rathun-Hellström 17 M GK Capital Academy +Handling, Reach, Adaptability; -Distribution, Fitness
Timotej Last 16 M GK Pontifucia Academy ++1-on-1, +Bravery; -Handling, Agility
Kayla Boyce 17 F RB/CB/RMF Pontifucia Academy +Crossing, Anticipation; -Eccentricity
Westlyn O'Shea-Fotherby 18 F RB/RMF New Tavernia Academy +Stamina, Anticipation; -Composure, Agility
Sturwart Nairne 17 M LB/DMF Jam Mountain Academy +Jump, Movement, Penalties; -Bravery, Ball Control
Allaire Delaware-Mahmud 17 F LB/LMF Tyrenam Juniors +Long Shots, Jump, Height; -Marking, First Touch
Finn Colin 18 F CMF/RMF Paddockia YFC +Leadership, Movement, First Touch; -Vision, Strength
Albert Kellock-Buckton 18 M DMF/AMF Farond YFC +Set Pieces, Ball Control, Bravery; -Finishing, Strength
Olan Eben 16 M RMF Jam Mountain Academy +Pace, Heading, Ball Control; -Anticipation, Set Pieces
Haven Elwood 17 F CMF/DMF Thawmont YFC +Pace, Vision, Marking; -Long Shots, Leadership
Jenson Ayub-Auditore 16 M ST/LWF Pedantic Academy +Movement, Set Pieces; -Work Rate, Bravery
Sein Abdur Rahmaan-Ghazi 16 M ST/RWF Tyrenam Juniors +Teamwork, Injury, Jump; -Marking, Long Shots

Unlike the senior team's three at the back, Toby Callahan had opted for the more traditional 4-2-3-1 formation, and aligned a lot more offensively than the senior squad as well, with Lynne Taelyn-Whitehead the main defensive anchor alongside the more ball-playing Diana Kirkup, whilst captain Firhan Kang, son of former RGS Athletic star Man Jin Jang and the squad's only dual-national, provides more grit to the backline. The three players behind the striker have the freedom to rotate amongst themselves, with Daisi Hackett providing most of the creative spark and individuality going forward, preferring to run at defenders with the ball, in contrast to the more logical and calculating Boet Caceres. Up front, Abla Marcial cuts a figure as an old-school number nine, with some impressive finishing ability both on the first touch and from set piece situations, which the team will look to take maximum advantage of.

Captain: Firhan Kang
Vice-Captains: Lynne Taelyn-Whitehead, Boet Caceres
Penalties: Abla Marcial, Sturwart Nairne, Boet Caceres, Francille Durelli, Chavez Rodgers
Corners/Indirect Free Kicks: Boet Caceres, Diana Kirkup, Chavez Rodgers (Long Throws)
Direct free kicks: Boet Caceres, Abla Marcial, Reymundo Meogegiv

Style: +2
RP Permissions:
Select my scorers: Y
Give out yellow cards to my players: Y (maximum five unless cleared with me first)
Give out red cards to my players: Y (maximum of two unless cleared with me first)
RP injuries to my players: Y (Maximum 3, no career-ending injuries without my explicit permission – I reserve right to how long players are out; you can RP how severe it looks)
Godmod injuries: Y (within reason)
Godmod scoring events: Y (Have fun)
Godmod other events: Y (TG me if you're planning on killing anybody though, or anything really extreme)

If I do RP, I will include the line-up for the next match in my RP post, along with any suspensions/injuries. If there is no line-up, look through my posts and check for current suspensions/injuries, but otherwise it’s fine. Also, if you're RP'ing any part of my match, please use the full name Eastfield Lodge at least once, it helps me find the RP.

NB: As the people of EL are extremely compassionate, and very civilised (despite what you may say about the religion), it would be uncharacteristic for the coaches/players to lose their temper, dive deliberately (jumping out of the way of bad tackles and falling awkwardly doesn't count), to be sent to the stands (if the ref is clearly very biased however...), spit, argue with the ref or fight. Players will also tend to inform the referee about mistakes/clarifications in judgement regarding throw-ins, fouls given but with no contact and goal kicks/corner kicks (plus other bouts of honesty - up to you).
Last edited by Eastfield Lodge on Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

The Cordian Isles
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cordian Isles » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:10 am

Cordian National Football - U18s

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Last tournament saw yet another first-round exit from the Cordians. But this time, it's doubtful that the Isles will make it even that far, drawn into a group with powerhouses Tumbra and Baker Park.

OOC: I don't plan on doing much in this tourney, I'm focusing on domestics right now, so here's the bare-bones roster.

If my opponent RPs first they may...
Give out yellow cards to my players: Y
Give out red cards to my players: Y
Injure my players: Y, I decide severity and length.
Godmod scoring events: Y
Godmod other events: Y

RP Recommendations:
Mikaelsson will take PKs.
Berglund and Borysov will take most set pieces.
Pretty much all the backs are prone to fouls and physical play. Make of that what you will.
Former Executive Director of Founderless
Former WLC Vice President
TSP Legislator
UDS Councillor
UDS Ambassador to TNP
R/Der of moderate skill
Last 16: WLC 38, WLC 39, CoH 83, WCoH 48
Quarterfinalists: BoF 77, WCoH 44, WCoH 45, WCoH 47, AOCAF 67, AOHC 9, AOHC 10
World Cup of Hockey 46 and Atlantean Oceania Hockey Championship 11 Champions!
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my regions unless explicitly stated otherwise.
THE CORDIAN ISLES ARE COLD.
Also known as NCE.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:00 pm

Banija U-18 National Team- The Usana Kadongo Kamu

Information
Country code: BNJ
Denonym: Banijan(s)
Nickname: The Usana Kadongo Kamu(The Baby Kadongo Kamu)
Manager: Zachary Orengo. 41 years old. Former assistant manager of Istria City FC, was brought onto the national team setup when Pamela Scott took the senior NT coaching job. As the senior assistant manager, per RBSA regulations, he coaches Banijan youth NTs whenever they enter a tournament. Led the men's U23+3 team to the semifinals of the XVI Summer Olympiad.
Captain: Atatafi Azim
Alternate Captain: Sali Seck
Relevant History: Sporting U18 World Cup 8 Champions

Jerseys
Full credit to Filindostan for the design and production of these jersies. Thank you very much!

RP Permissions
Choose Scoring Events: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
RP Injuries to my players: Yes(please state what injury they have suffered and how many games they will miss. No deaths without my permission)
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes(please state what injury they have suffered and how many games they will miss. No deaths without my permission)
Godmod other events: Yes(However, there is a hard ban on any Banijan nationals, player or fans or whoever, from catching a pandemic)
Style modifier: +3.5

Do whatever you want besides godmodding the actual goals(I prefer the actual goals to be real). If anybody dies, please TG me who so I can replace them. All players are male unless specified.

Starters: 4-2-1-3
Players who have previously received callups for any other youth national team are italicized.
Player's gender is given.
BLS = Banija League Soccer, Banija's second tier. National league. S-FPL is the joint first tier soccer league for Farfadillis, Banija, and the Busoga Islands.
GK #1 Toumani Sy. Age 17. Plays at the Herzegovina City FC Youth Academy. Male.
LB #2 Karamoko Kaloga. Age 16. Plays at the Herzegovina City FC Youth Academy. Male.
CB #5 Atatafi Azim. Age 18. Plays at the Istria City FC Youth Academy. Starter for the men's U23+3 Olympic team. Male. Captain.
CB #4 Arouna Anne. Age 15. Plays at the Busukuma AC Youth Academy. Male.
RB #3 Zahira Kantaom. Age 17. Plays at the Busukuma Force Youth Academy. Female.
LCM #6 Zahra Bomba. Age 16. Plays at the Kitara AA Youth Academy. Female.
RCM #8 Sali Seck. Age 18. Freshman varsity player for the University of Loyola-Istria's women's soccer team. Female. Vice-Captain.
CAM #10 Ina Kamissoko. Age 17. Plays at Cass Tech High School in Busukuma, National Capitol Region. Female.
LW #7 Oumar Adama. Age 17. Plays at the Hoima Warriors Youth Academy. Male.
ST #9 Lusamba Misenga. Age 18. Will play for Capitol City FC in the upcoming BLS season. Starter for the men's U23+3 Olympic team. Male.
RW #11 Sayon Toure. Age 17. Plays at the Jinja City FC Youth Academy. Male.
Bench:
GK #23 Kalifa Tall. Age 16, plays for the Istria City FC Youth Academy. Male.
GK #99 Famakan Gadiaga. Age 17, Plays for the Lakiska SC Youth Academy. Male.
LB #13 Siaka Din. Age 17, Plays for the Rukunbi FC Youth Academy. Male.
CB #14 Oumou Macalou. Age 18, plays for Kizza I College women's varsity soccer. Female.
CB #25 Nafissatou Malle. Age 17, plays for the Istria City FC Youth Academy. Female.
RB #22 Alima Daff. Age 17, plays for the Corizova United Youth Academy. Female.
CM #15 Mahamadou Guisse. Age 17, plays for the Hawabark Boulders Youth Academy. Male
CM #19 Madina Kene. Age 18, plays for Northern Moravica University women's varsity soccer. Female.
AM #30 Sidy Dieng. Age 16, plays for the Busembe Timberwolves Youth Acadmey. Male.
RW/LW #17 Ibrahima Ousmane. Age 18, plays for the Bunyoro RSC Youth Academy. Male
ST #12 Alou Magassouba. Age 18, plays for the Aissa United Youth Academy. Male.
RW/LW #24 Boukary Gana. Age 18, plays for the Mynda Electra Youth Academy. Male.

Notes
-Sayon Toure will take the corner kicks, Ina Kamissoko will take the free kicks, while Lusamba Misenga will take the penalty kicks.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:14 pm

"The Youngsters are back"- As Banija gets a group of death at the U18 World Cup, Banijan soccer is back at this tournament for the first time in 9 cycles

SALMIA DISTRICT, SEINAT CAPITAL CITY- The U18 World Cup. Our championship win at the 8th U18 World Cup ending up launching the careers of quite a few key Banijan internationals, who would then go on to eventually win the granddaddy of 'em all- the World Cup- specifically, World Cup 86. It all starts with the youth- giving the young players their opportunity, and then seeing how they can perform. After a long time gone, the Banijans are back. Pretty much all of these players are making their national team debuts except for two, who just came from the Olympics in Electrum to compete here.

Here's the beauty of the U18 World Cup- it's impossible to predict. "You can't scout this thing, it's impossible to get tape on players or tactics." Said the U18 manager, Zachary Orengo. "It's hard to have opponent specific strategies- you simply have to go out there and play your game. That's what makes the U18 World Cup such a fun one, such a special one, to participate in. I'm blessed to get this opportunity to manage at this tournament on behalf of my country, and these players will have quite an opportunity." Per usual, Pam Scott will be on hand, not as a coach, of course, but as a silent evaluator.

"it's a system the RBSA has used for youth tournaments for a long time, and something that will work seemlessly." Pam Scott told reporters. "It's fairly simple- I'm not coaching this tournament. I'm evaluating, seeing who can perform under pressure- the pressure of my watchful eye in practice, the pressure of the games in the shirt, under the bright lights. All of these players are either academy or college players, and we've even got a high school player in the starting XI. They're used to crowds of a couple of hundred. Everything's going to get crazy. They're traveling abroad. They're at a major tournament. Orengo will get his chance to manage, and on the flip side, I will evaluate."

"I will be able to evaluate holistically." Pam Scott continued. "Obviously, how they practice, and most importantly, how they perform during the 90. But it goes beyond that. How do they conduct themselves at a major tournament? How do they conduct themselves with each other? Are they all about the individual, or are they giving everything for a greater purporse? Do they understand that this is, fundamentally, a business trip, or are they here to simply party? Not that they shouldn't enjoy themselves-, this is a hell of an opportunity. Hell, for quite a few players on this squad, this is the first time they have ever left the country, full stop. But you can't party into the night if you've got a game the next day, for example."

The pressure will be on. And it won't be easy. We open with Græntfjall- whose senior team, you may recall, just won the freaking World Cup- and the Copa Rushmori as well, just in case anyone didn't get it the first time when they told us they were the best team in the multiverse. And then after that? Cassadaigua- we don't even need to go into that. And then we close with the host nation, Gortolekua. "We're gonna have to go to war in this group if we want any shot of making the knockouts." Said Orengo, the team's manager. "But it's precisely that kind of challenge that we want players to face in a tournament like this. Prepare us for the high pressure moments."

The time is now. Can Banija make a run? Or will this team simply be forgotten as soon as it was created?
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:19 pm

ICly, these articles are written well before this tournament.

Swanky Cenial fete celebrates Andrew Arrowsword's retirement from international football

At a swanky ceremony held at The Orion hotel in Cenial's Millennium City district, the Cenian Football Association celebrated the retirement of Andrew Arrowsword from international football and his assumption to the new position of under-18 manager, a position that will also encompass the U-17 squad sent to the only-Rushmore Campeonato Rushmore Juvenil competition.

Arrowsword looked relaxed sporting an Arel & Selwick suit with the ubiquitous white shoes, a casual fashion statement that has seemingly swept the Cenial streets; when his husband Liam Penderyn stood up to give a toast, though, he almost outshone the man of honor in a full tuxedo.

Penderyn did steal the show with his toast to his husband, tearfully congratulating him on this next step in his life and wishing that politics hadn't stolen him away. The two embraced, and the dance music began.

Although his prolific international career never involved winning the World Cup as a player, Arrowsword did win the major honor available in domestic football — the UICA Champions' Cup, before its demise and replacement — with the Cosumarite team Real Azuris, the domestic team he is most associated with. After Ceni ceased competing in international football after a devastating portal accident apparently meant to target him successfully, Arrowsword moved to Euran club Holdenberg, where he languished, at least languishing close to home.

But he experienced a second wind in his domestic career when he moved to the Sanford PREMIER League (yes, spelled with the obnoxious all-caps) and achieved an adoring fan base as the star striker for the league's flagship team, Sanford Falls PREMIER (also spelled with the obnoxious all-caps). After playing with the Cenian national team for one last cycle, he retired to spend more time with Penderyn, the former world number one tennis player.

In an unanticipated change in circumstances, though, the idyllic life that Arrowsword must have imagined in his castle in central Drawkland with Penderyn was disrupted by Penderyn's improbable appointment as a member of the Confederacy of the Afanc Strait's governing council. "And then I needed to do something with my life instead of moping around the castle while Liam played politician," Arrowsword said to laughter at the Orion soiree.

So he proposed establishing a new position within the Cenian FA structure, given that Ceni had a propensity for youth football and its reputation for producing players that peaked earlier than other nations. With a "lost generation" of football players caught between this new revitalized era in Cenian football and the "golden years," the FA acquiesced to this proposal with the idea of identifying new talents to build out a better national teem pool beyond the "cursed 21" (Arrowsword and third goalkeeper Leo Glasvyrn were not on the ill-fated plane).

"I'm glad that I could bring back Andrew to play, even if it ended up being for one last cycle," said Luke Longstar, the current NT manager, in a written statement to Cenisport. "He brought a comforting presence to the team, and played a key role in the last World Cup and Cup of Harmony campaigns. We'll miss him on the team for sure, but I'm glad to have him as a colleague in the ranks of Cenian managers."

Ceni U-17s fall to Græntfjall U-17s in CRJ final, vindicate Arrowsword's management so far

In the Southern Oceans corporatocracy of Captina Island, Andrew Arrowsword's Tir Snakelets reached their first international final at only the first time of asking, only to fall against Græntfjall.

This was the first Cenian participation in the Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil U-17 competition and also the first test of Andrew Arrowsword's management style in the face of spirited minority opposition to his participation in the Cenian football ecosystem entirely. Despite the loss to Græntfjall, though, the result is undeniably a victory for Arrowsword in his quest for a first international title as a manager and perhaps a temporary reprieve from the Cenian FA's political wrangling.

Despite the team's lackluster performance in the group stage from a goals scored versus goals conceded perspective — it only scored eight, a far cry from the usual three goals per game that it used to score in the glory days, and it conceded five goals — it won four of five games, including a crucial last-matchday victory over Sargossa by the un-Cenian margin of 1-0. It was in fact defensive midfielder Lyra Avant who scored the critical goal in that contest, having connected with Eoghan Reneval's cross after a contested play in the Sargossan box.

That goal sent Ceni through to the quarterfinals, bypassing potential elimination in the play-in round. In the quarterfinals, they played a tense game against hosts Captina Islands, who took them all the way to penalties; it was the brash striker Xek Sunsaber who sealed Ceni's progression to the semifinals with a Panenka penalty, emulating an Arrowsword penalty in a Di Bradini Cup game all those years ago against Abanhfleft. In a press conference right after that game, Arrowsword shook his head: "I might have done that when I was young," he said, chuckling a bit, "but I certainly wouldn't advise any of these players to follow in Xek's footsteps."

In the semifinals, Ceni played an almost-perfect game according to Arrowsword's "attack with restraint" stratagem that emphasizes defence more than in previous campaigns, defeating one of the undisputed regional powerhouses Pasarga by scoring two goals and conceding none. (Yes, that's how winning football works: scoring more goals than you concede.) Striker Sebastian Ellex-Mar showed off his height in one goal from the Pasargan penalty box after a corner; a Pasargan defender headed the ball up into the air, but Ellex-Mar found the ball in the air and headed it past the goalkeeper; the other goal, though, was a testament to Aidan Koromin's ball handling skills, as he successfully evaded the Pasargan defenders and set up a beautiful shot right into the goal's upper right corner.

But the fairytale run was to end against Græntfjall, an unambiguously dominant force in senior football after having recently won the World Cup and the Copa Rushmori, in the same cycle no less, to complete the fastest "Grand Slam" in WCC history. Here, Ceni perhaps took the "restraint" part of "attack with restraint" a little too seriously, fearing... something in the Græntfjaller side. Ceni played too tentatively in the attack, too sloppily in the defence. And this time, it conceded more goals than it scored: two goals for Græntfjall, none for Ceni.

So where does this leave Andrew Arrowsword and his team, especially vis-a-vis the larger RTC/U-18 World Cup to be held in either Gortolekua or Cassadaigua? In a very good condition indeed. For starters, it gave Arrowsword valuable match experience in testing how a team that he selected might mesh together; it gave several players critical match experience heading into a bigger tournament; it took some of the negative pressure off Arrowsword from the Cenian FA heading into the tournament so he can move a little more freely.

And, after all, losing to Græntfjall, even the U-17 team, isn't something to be ashamed of.

LINEUP vs. ABANHFLEFT
Avith-Rose; Qurimanta, Beren, Voren, Casa-Alta; Avant, Berenguer, Reneval, Koromin; Ellex-Mar, Daneraj
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Gortolekua
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Gortolekua » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:24 pm

The Gortoleki Football Union
presents
The Gortolekua U-18 National Football Team

For making your first foray into sub-18 football, doing it in your own country must be nerve wracking, above all else. But that is the challenge the Winter Kits must face in their first ever RTC U-18 World Cup. Gortolekua will cheer for them no matter what, yet the cheers will be noise for this batch of youngster footballers.

On the (youth) Gortoleki footballing philosophy
Consider this a less corrupt, less bastardized, less brash version of football that Gortolekua employs on the national stage. Gortoleki footballers at this stage in their development have yet to fully embrace the time-wasting, eyebrow-raising and rough-playing attitude their senior counterparts are taught to play with. You’ll find a little bit of embellishment in these youths, sure, but the main objective they’ll have is to leave it all out there for however long it is. In simpler words: the hope’s yet to be knocked out of them.

Management
Manager Alfhild Ulfsdottir leads the charge on home soil, debuting herself as a public persona and as a footballing personality. Ulfsdottir, a 30-year-old from Chikudate, Kenkuijo, won the gig after highlighting her success with Gortoleki 10th division club Odessa Swim in football management simulator game Tactician Master. The 439 slides on her presentation drew rave reviews from officials at the Gortoleki Football Union, calling her approach to management “unparalleled” and “a look into what the future holds for management.”

Assistant manager Henrik Altonen is as old-school as you can get. The 66-year-old from Oztopoa, Cerati, spent years toiling away with seventh division club Oztopoa 1.aFK as their manager. His player-management style, emphasizing deep philosophical reflection on football as much as physical and tactical prowess, has followers from the likes of senior national team manager Bárbara Sanderson to Voitamatton AJK manager Esbjörn Skjeggestad. His choice to ignore offers from higher-division clubs was due to a desire to educate at the grassroots level drew both ire and admiration from many. But the choice to help with coaching efforts—and for spreading his pensive approach to the sport—for the best youth the nation has to offer was obvious.

Style of Play
Tactically, Ulfsdottir’s preferred style of play is a 3-4-3, playing with two wingbacks that run up and down the flanks to assist with crosses. Between the two midfielders, one will serve as a holding midfielder, attempting to neutralize any sort of opposition attempts to move forward, while the other midfielder will join the wingbacks in pushing forward from a central perspective.

The Roster
Roster No. - Name - Position - Age - Club
Bolded players are the starting line-up. If no line-up is posted for a roleplay, please assume this is who you’ll be up against.

1. Amanda Takala - GK - 17 - Äläitke MJK
12. Elias Laakkonen - GK - 18 - Proto Tähti Roverit JK
23. Lídia Lindberg - GK - 16 - Akademia Lehoi Hegodun

4. Katariina Lindquist - LCB - 17 - Kappale Nuoret
5. Higini Tomàs - CB - 18 - Astraalitaso Juniori
6. Petter Lindberg - RCB - 16 - Päiväunelijoita KUY U-18

15. Maria Vivas - CB - 17 - the fc auringonottaja youth team
16. Rudo Heikkilä - RCB - 15 - Akademia Lehoi Hegodun
17. Eloi Arthursson - LCB - 16 - 1. Turvatyyny TJK-B

2. Merja Ingesson - RWB - 17 - The Goudini School
​​3. Jaakob Beck - LWB - 15 - The Goudini School

13. Enara Takala - LWB - 18 - Voitamatton AJK
14. Elov Östberg - RWB - 18 - SD Marriubia Juniors

8. Vaike Wang - DM - 17 - Akademia Lehoi Hegodun
10. Remei Lindberg - CM - 16 - Proto Tähti Roverit JK

18. Aleksander Lehtinen - CM - 16 - Seinät High School
19. Emrik Ottosson - DM - 15 - Astraalitaso Juniori

7. Eino Herbertsson - LW - 16 - SD Marriubia Juniors
9. Olga Jakobsson - ST - 18 - Golden Autumn SC (2nd division)
11. Lore Olsson - RW - 17 - Futbola Giza Kolorea (2nd division)

20. Camilla Vilaró - RW - 16 - 1. Turvatyyny TJK-B
21. Jacob Viteri - ST - 18 - Voitamatton AJK
22. Melker Mateu - LW - 17 - Seinät High School

Uniforms

(Scorination wise, Gortolekua plays with a +0.5 style mod.)

If my opponent RPs first, they may:
Give out yellow cards to my players: Y, max 3 per match
Give out red cards to my players: Y, max 1 per match
Injure my players: Y for small injuries, TG/PM if you want a major one
Godmod scoring events: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: TG me
Godmod other events: Y
the user behind Yttribia

Gortolekua
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Gortolekua » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:30 pm

The stars of tomorrow are hoping to put numbers on the boards tonight. Cutoff.
Matchday One SCORES
Tables will be generated following Matchday Two.

Group A
Gortolekua 4–3 Cassadaigua (scorinated by Mriin)
Græntfjall 5–2 Banija

Group B
Elmyia 2–1 Poafmersia
Sierra Grand 2–2 The Finntopian Empire

Group C
Kriegiersien 2–1 Qasden
Oberour Ar Moro 0–1 Arjunnaga

Group D
Chromatika 4–2 Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom
Huayramarca 1–2 West Barack and East Obama

Group E
Tumbra 2–2 Commonwealth of Baker Park
Oclea 1–2 The Cordian Isles

Group F
Drehda 0–3 Hopal
Tjorl 2–2 Adab

Group G
Mertagne 3–4 Cardenao
Abanhfleft 2–3 Ceni

Group H
HUElavia 2–2 Independent Athletes from Quebec
Geektopia 1–5 Eastfield Lodge
Last edited by Gortolekua on Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the user behind Yttribia

Mertagne
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mertagne » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:17 am

Mertagne entered the fray of the latest U18 World Cup last matchday, and emerged from Kuunallas pointless in a humbling match against region-mates Cardenao. The two nations have clashed increasingly on the multiversal football stage, but here at the ground level of the U18 tournament, Cardenao were able to snatch victory in a thrilling match that saw the two teams race with goals all the way up until the end, with Cardenao scoring in the last few minutes of the match and Mertagne unable to mount an effective counter attack.

The pressure has been high for the U18 team going into the tournament, and this loss starts the team on the back foot going into their second matchday against Abanhfleft, who have also struggled to make an impact from the off after a 2-3 loss against a Ceni squad that is looking to reach the pinnacle of the sport in record time, devoting the seemingly limitless resources of Andrew Arrowsword to manage the Cenian U18 squad as of this cycle. Arrowsword, for those unfamiliar, is truly a multiversal-class football player, with stunning success in the UICA era of international domestic competition, touting a Champions Cup in his quiver, and will be drilling the Cenians in much the same way that Fëanáro has. Mertagne will face off against Ceni in the third and final matchday of the group stage - here the U18 squad has only three opportunities to impress the competition enough to be included in the knockouts.

While many have said that Mertagne has squandered this first opportunity in the match against Cardenao, the atmosphere at Valkoinen Huone was conducive to a tense game with little room for error. Mertagne started off strong, with a great first goal of the tournament for them from Eudon Nasif, who was picked to start over Curwood based on form in the hours prior to the match. Nasif showed why he had earned his place on the squad, however that seemed to put a spring in the step of the Cardonians, who retaliated after ten minutes, scoring an technically brilliant goal from a corner.

As the end of the first half loomed nearer, it was Cardenao that edged ahead going into the end of the half, as another ball slipped past Callaghan Bauldry's gloved hands and chugged the score up to 1-2. Mertagne made efforts to be keeping up with the Cardonians right up until the whistle blew to signify the end of the first half, but little success was gained, with few attempts able to scrape the attacking third.

The second half came with substitutions and a slight formation switch to counter the rather neutral formation the Cardonians had applied. Focusing on the attack to break past the deficit, Charles Orton joined Eudon Nasif and Jamie Martix up front, and Sulon Garber dropped back onto the bench. The 4-3-3 added another forward thinker, and Mertagne managed to make the best of it with two goals from Frank Errington and Jamie Martix respectively, placing the score at 3-2 and giving the Mertagnian fans that had made the trek to Gortolekua cause for celebration.

However, a tense shot across the bows from Cardenao that resulted in a goal gave equal cause for worry, and the Green Goblins were forced to dig deep into the middle third of the pitch to ensure that no further attacks could truly drive a stake into the heart of the match. That stake did come, however, in the final minutes of the match, as a contentious free kick was given that saw the ball sail excellently into the box, where it was neatly picked up by the Cardonian attack and booted inot the back of the net.

This certainly isn't the first time that Mertagne have had a troubling start to a tournament, nor is it the first time that has happened in the U18WC. In their first venture in the 14th edition, the team (also drawn into Group G) suffered a loss on Matchday one against an empowered Srednjaci side, but were just about able to turn it around in the six games of that group stage with a 3-1-2 record. Over a shorter group stage, such as in the 15th edition of the tournament held in Tumbra, Mertagne suffered a similar 0-2 loss in Group G, this time to Chromatika. There, they were not able to turn it around, and subsequently lost to Cassadaigua which prevented them from achieving the double. Hopefully, Fëanáro and her staff have learned from those previous mistakes (although, to note, many of those predate the elf's place at the helm of the team) and will be able to bounce back in the rest of the group stage.
user pronouns: he/him

The Nation of Mertagne - World Wonder Wizard!
Capital: Dannin ¤ Trigram: MRT ¤ Demonym: Mertagnian ¤ Map: Here! ¤ Anything Else: Here!
¤ combined a jet engine with fireworks ¤ ANAIA NATION ¤ Author of NS Issue #1508 ¤

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports