NATION

PASSWORD

*Submited* End Female Servitude

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Mei-Dai
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

*Submited* End Female Servitude

Postby Mei-Dai » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Disgusted: That the practice of Female slavery still exists in many nations, even The WA member nations.

Shocked: that many nations will be willing to sell women and girls, even girls that are 4 years of Age or less as sex slaves.

Condems: the Practice of Female enslavement as inhuman and evil

Asks: that all the nations of The WA take steps in outlawing and stoping The terror of female slavery

Declares: that All Nations must help in stoping The Trade in Female slaves, ending the slave trade of femalee, fund law enforcement agencys in combating Female slavery and helpping free female slaves.

Also Declares: that WA Nations will have the right to embargo and sanction any other WA Nation that does Practice Female enslavement.

Calls On The WA to pass this resolution to end Female Servitude.
Last edited by Mei-Dai on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: [Draft] End Female Servitude

Postby Krioval » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:40 pm

WA Resolution #23 wrote:Ban on Slavery and Trafficking
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Quintessence of Dust

Description: The World Assembly,

Considering slavery, forced labour and human trafficking to be violations of basic human rights,

Declares:

1. Holding under the law any person to be the possession, property, or chattel of any other person or any legal entity, or binding any person to an employer by a contract to which they have not consented, shall be considered 'slavery' and immediately prohibited in all nations;

2. Requiring any person to work, enter a work contract, or conform to terms of employment, which they have not freely agreed themselves or through a person they have freely appointed to represent them, through such means as abduction, coercion, deception, destitution, or fraud, or threats of such, to themselves or their families, including such acts as violence or criminal damage, or unlawful detention or eviction, shall be considered 'forced labour' and immediately prohibited in all nations;

3. The definition of 'forced labour' excludes:
- conscription or alternative required national service;
- prison labour or community service given as sentence in the course of a fair trial;
- required service of wartime prisoners of war and internees, in accordance with international law;
- required national emergency service;
- normal civic duties;

4. Forcing or inducing the transfer of any person against their freely given will, or assisting or financing such actions, through similar forms of coercion, for the purposes of exploitation, such as slavery or forced labour, or situations approximating to such, sexual exploitation, or unauthorised medical procedures, shall be considered 'human trafficking' and immediately prohibited in all nations;

5. Such conditions shall be collectively referred to as 'servitude';

6. All persons under condition of servitude shall be immediately freed and all contracts or conditions enforcing servitude voided;

7. Persons fleeing servitude shall be accorded refugee status, and refoulement to nations where they would be returned to such conditions or punished for escaping them prohibited;

8. Reasonable action must be taken to prevent reprisals against such persons, including the passage and enforcement of laws to criminalise such;

9. Discrimination in civil, social, economic, legal and political rights, protection under law, access to public services, travel permission and any other rights afforded by national and international law based solely on prior condition of servitude shall be prohibited, excepting any positive actions taken at the national or more local level to assist with rehabilitation, such as priority access to sheltered accommodation;

10. Goods produced, in whole or in part, through servitude shall be permanently embargoed, and all investment and material support to nations, legal entities and persons practicing servitude immediately ended, except as transition assistance or compensated manumission to free people from such conditions;

11. Nations shall take part in a concerted diplomatic effort to end servitude, and to prevent areas having abandoned such from returning to such practices;

12. Nations shall apply due scrutiny to such institutions as industries employing significant proportions of migrant workers, legal or commercial sex industries, industries employing minors, and their national organ donation systems, to identify catalysts to human trafficking, and to work, where necessary in concert with others, to eliminate such.

I'd like to thank...Yelda!

Votes For: 5,944
Votes Against: 1,319

Implemented Mon Oct 27 2008

[WAR23 on NS] [WAR23 on NSwiki] [Official Debate Topic]

Is this resolution insufficient in this regard, or is there something else to be addressed by Your Excellency?

[Lord] Ambassador Darvek Tyvok
Great Chiefdom of Krioval

Carbandia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Carbandia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:43 pm

ic: While we applaud the reasons behind your proposal, we can not help but agree with our esteemed colleagues from The Great Chiefdom of Krioval in that, while well meaning, the proposal intent is covered by another, and therefore superflous.
-Carbandian ambassador to the WA (retired) General Gennady Bondarenko

Almajoya
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Mei-Dai is referring to a recent violation and was probably not aware of the existence of that resolution. It does cover the recent transgression.

(OOC: Mei-Dai, your proposal writing is getting better. You've got the right idea.)

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Mei-Dai wrote:Disgusted: That the practice of Female slavery still exists in many nations, even The WA member nations.

Shocked: that many nations will be willing to sell women and girls, even girls that are 4 years of Age or less as sex slaves.

Condems: the Practice of Female enslavement as inhuman and evil

Asks: that all the nations of The WA take steps in outlawing and stoping The terror of female slavery

Declares: that All Nations must help in stoping The Trade in Female slaves, ending the slave trade of femalee, fund law enforcement agencys in combating Female slavery and helpping free female slaves.

Also Declares: that WA Nations will have the right to embargo and sanction any other WA Nation that does Practice Female enslavement.

Calls On The WA to pass this resolution to end Female Servitude.

So male servitude by a female-dominant nation (these nations do exist on NS) is ok?
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:46 pm

Almajoya wrote:Mei-Dai is referring to a recent violation and was probably not aware of the existence of that resolution. It does cover the recent transgression.

(OOC: Mei-Dai, your proposal writing is getting better. You've got the right idea.)

OOC: I figured that it was something like that. Text-based communication being what it is, I intended neither condescension nor snark toward the original poster, IC or OOC.

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:47 pm

Newmanistan wrote:So male servitude by a female-dominant nation (these nations do exist on NS) is ok?

Almajoya wrote:Mei-Dai is referring to a recent violation

Carbandia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Carbandia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:47 pm

Almajoya wrote:Mei-Dai is referring to a recent violation and was probably not aware of the existence of that resolution. It does cover the recent transgression.

Unless I am sorely mistaken the Godly Nations is not a member of our esteemed assembly and therefore can ignore our resulutions as they wish. (IC)

(OOC: That having been said his actions are reprehensible at best)

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Krioval wrote:OOC: I figured that it was something like that. Text-based communication being what it is, I intended neither condescension nor snark toward the original poster, IC or OOC.

Don't worry, you didn't come off as snarky. Thanks for digging up that resolution!

Mei-Dai
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mei-Dai » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:49 pm

Carbandia wrote:

Unless I am sorely mistaken the Godly Nations is not a member of our esteemed assembly and therefore can ignore our resulutions as they wish. (IC)

(OOC: That having been said his actions are reprehensible at best)

(OOC: I think he is, I will cheak.)

Edit: He is a Member.
Last edited by Mei-Dai on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carbandia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Carbandia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:51 pm

(OOC: I did for myself, and turns out he is..Interesting, grounds for a condemnation proposal instead?)

Mei-Dai
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mei-Dai » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Carbandia wrote:(OOC: I did for myself, and turns out he is..Interesting, grounds for a condemnation proposal instead?)

(OOC: I tried, didn't work out so well.)

Mei-Dai
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Re: *Submited* End Female Servitude

Postby Mei-Dai » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:46 pm

Well, It is submited to the Proposeals, lets see if it gets in to be voted on.

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:01 pm

"I believe that since the proposal you have submitted, is superceeded by an already passed resolution that it makes your proposal illegal." The UnDelegate looked up from his nearly perpetual game of Solo Whist. "You should have waited to submit it. It will simply be thrown out as I understand it."
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -Lynn M. Osband

"We're not so blase, not so willing to accept that we're safe and we can let someone do our security for us. We're not going to sit there and wait for somebody else to do it because if you wait, it might be too late." Jennifer Allen re: Northwest Airlines Flight 253 - quoted for the Win!

Meekinos
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Meekinos » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:40 am

Perhaps it may be prudent to instead condemn The Godly Nations for violating the rights of females by subjugating them to subservience? I understand what you're trying to achieve. We believe there may be another way of doing so.
Ambassador Gavriil Floros
Meekinos' Official WA Ambassador
Deputy Treasurer, North Pleides Merchant's Syndicate
CEO & Financial Manager of Delta Energy Ltd.
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Executive Senior Delegate
Educator
The Hellenic Republic of Meekinos
Factbook: Your Friendly Guide to Meekinos
The paranoid, isolationist, xenophobic capitalists.

Spartan Philidelphia
Minister

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Spartan Philidelphia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 pm

This resolution makes me feel sad. How come you are only banning female servitude? Don't men have rights too?
Last edited by Spartan Philidelphia on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spartan Philidelphia
Region: Sparta
[Defunct] National Corporation:
The Spartan Philidelphia Almost Anything Corporation
Leader: Luigi Mario
National Religion: Pastafarianism
Population: 50,420,000

Thank you all powerful moderators who were sent by Max Barry to protect us from all things spammy and trollish.

Meekinos
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Meekinos » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Spartan Philidelphia wrote:This resolution makes me feel sad. How come you are only banning female servitude? Don't men have rights too?

We believe that the reason it spells out the end to female servitude and not male is likely because the majority of societies with the WA are probably male dominated, to the point where women lack many basic rights. It would be highly unlikely to find the inverse. This is by no means a justification of course.
Ambassador Gavriil Floros
Meekinos' Official WA Ambassador
Deputy Treasurer, North Pleides Merchant's Syndicate
CEO & Financial Manager of Delta Energy Ltd.
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Executive Senior Delegate
Educator
The Hellenic Republic of Meekinos
Factbook: Your Friendly Guide to Meekinos
The paranoid, isolationist, xenophobic capitalists.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:51 pm

As has been pointed out, this proposal is pointless because of WA Resolution #23, Ban on Slavery and Trafficking which already covers this.

Its rather like having a resolution on the books that bans whaling, then submitting another that specifically bans killing Blue Whales. Just a bit redundant.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Gynocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gynocracy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Of course Gynocracy wishes to see this resolution passed.
'Femina supra mundum' - Women over the world.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Gynocracy wrote:Of course Gynocracy wishes to see this resolution passed.

*cough* You would. *cough*

[Lord] Ambassador Darvek Tyvok
Great Chiefdom of Krioval

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:41 am

This proposal has been removed from the proposal queue.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly