NATION

PASSWORD

We Can Be Heroes (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Imperatuis
Secretary

Founded: Mar 17, 2022
Ex-Nation

We Can Be Heroes (IC)

Postby Imperatuis » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:55 pm

Valor
Washington D.C., The White House
Valor stood in front of a room full of reporters and cameras, the flashing of the cameras and the rapid fire questions of the journalists would have made any normal person overwhelm but to Valor this was just another day. Valor pointed to the woman in the front row. "Yes Amy from GCN." The reporter flashed a smile before asking her question. "Valor how has it been working with the UK's League in stopping another villain that had the potential to almost destroy the British Isles."

"It has been very rewarding to say the least. Working with Captain Britain and the others is something that I was very exciting for. And I hope I can work with them again soon." Valor pointed to another reporter raising their hand. "Do you have any comment about one of Respon Inc.'s own heroes killing a vigilante in Washington State the other day."

"I really cannot comment on that, especially this early into the investigation. You may need to ask whoever is in charge of that." An aide walked to Valor side, whispering quietly into his ear before moving away. "I'm sorry that all the time I have at the moment. Seems the President is ready to see me now." He chuckled as he waved to the room before leaving.

He stood just outside the door to the Oval Office, he felt awkward as always having to wait until he got the ok to enter. But since being the leader of the League, this just one of the many parts of his job. An assistant walked up to Valor smiling with a book and a pen "My son loves you, could I have an autograph." Valor gave a warm smile. "I'll be glad to." He grabbed the notebook that was offered scribbling his name into it "Between you and me, what do you think about that Respon incident yesterday." Valor handed back the book before answering in a hushed tone. "If Respon isn't careful, we might have to get involved." He said jokingly at least it may have looked like that to the assistant. The door opening as he was soon to be rushed inside. "Mr. President good to see you again sir." He shook the Commander in Chief's hand as he was took his seat ready to debrief the President. This was going to be a long day.

Alex Rivera aka EM
Dallas, Texas

Alex walked out of the bus that had stop in Dallas. He gave a quick stretch as he was stuck inside that hotbox for over 5 hours, this had been the latest stop on his way to DC. He kept his hood on as he walked down the street to get something to eat, stopping in front of an atm. He look around as he place his hand on the side of the machine a quick flash of lightning shock it as money fell out a few hundred onto the sidewalk he quickly grabbed it as he made his way toward the nearest fast food joint.

Alex had been on the run for the past few months going from town to town, trying to stay ahead of the police but also make his way towards the nation's capital. If there was one person that could help him it would be the League. Back in Los Angeles he was one of the many vigilantes in the city, until one night he had wandered into the wrong alley.

He was helping another vigilant chased down robbers when his friend was captured by Heatwave, a Respon Inc sponsored hero, he saw as his friend was killed in front of him. He managed to escape but in less the 24 hours his face was on the news as one of the robbers, his deceased friend was the supposed other robber. He had been framed no doubt to keep Heatwave's actions under wraps.

From then he had been traveling westward not stopping in one place for to long. This had to stop, he was gonna find a way to clear his name.
Last edited by Imperatuis on Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashotu
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashotu » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:40 pm

Teku was wandering around the alleys of tokyo. He was being chased. Government sponsored heroes were searching for him. He had to decide. If he continued in his hero form, he could be caught. But he could if he turned back to normal, a villain could attack him. Villains are all over the place. So he decided to be in his hero costume. He thought a hero was coming. But no. It was a villain. He had to fight.

The villain said her name was Poison ivy. Before he had a chance to say anything, vines grew out of the floor, wrapping around his feet. He said "Well, my name is fox." In a tone like he was greeting her nicely. He made her see multiple visions of himself. The real him was behind them all. When he was behind her, he started levitating and dropped down from above, and attacked the villain. Once she was beat, with her not unconscious or having any fatal wounds, he said "I think you should become a hero. Or live a normal life. Your wasting your powers" and left he went back home, and became a normal person. Then went to bed. And then, he drifted off to sleep.
Last edited by Ashotu on Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The paradise of Ashotu

Konichiwa! Ashotu is a unpatriotic and free Asian nation!

Long live the paradise!
NS stats are nonac ton and never will be.
Just because you annexed us doesn't mean we fight for you. We fight Against you

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:02 pm

Mark West
Mark’s Apartment, Seattle WA

Mark was awoken by the opening guitar riff of Guns n’ Roses’ Sweet Child O’ Mine, the song he programmed his alarm clock to wake him up to.

“Do you have to blare that every morning?” Asked his fiancee Lindsay, as Mark turned the music off. He knew he would have to make some sacrifices now that they were living together.

“I’ll see what I can do.” He said, getting up to make breakfast.

Turning on the TV, he saw Valor speaking at a press conference about the vigilante that was killed last week, there in Seattle.

“Can’t comment on that” Mark said mockingly. “Bull crap.” He spat. He knew the vigilante that had been killed. Professionally, of course. He was saddened by the news, but even more upset that the government was in Respon’s pocket. If he was anyone else, he’d grumble about it, then go about his day. But he was Nightwolf, protector of Seattle, seeker of justice, and somehow, he’d find a way to change things, maybe even avenge a fellow vigilante.

Ashotu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ashotu » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:30 pm

Teku woke up the next morning. He lived alone in a apartment in tokyo. After a hour, Teku went for his costume and put it on. Then he left to the streets of tokyo.

Now he is thinking "what if I get the License to save (see ooc)?" He walks towards the place where he can get it. He has to walk, because when he flies, its really slow. He'll fly if he finds trouble, not trying to encounter much people. He is determined. And he doesn't think anyone will notice he′s gone.
The paradise of Ashotu

Long live the paradise!

Greater Cornwallis
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 21, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Cornwallis » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:03 pm

Samuel Cook

Samuel had awoken, after once again another late night at a nightclub, he had slumped onto his long and expensive settee, and was asleep by 2:00 AM. As the alarm barked at him, and throughout his mansion in Seattle, where had been staying for the past few weeks on a "Sales Trip" - allowing him to do whatever he wanted. Eventually, he sat up and slammed the alarm clock to silence, as his long-time wife, Jane, entered the room, wearing a tight, jet black dress, seemingly for a meeting of some sort. Stretching his arms out, he took a sip of a half-drunken Budweiser from last night, before grasping the TV Remote, turning the plate-screen TV, as one of the Washington Heroes, Valor, was reporting from yesterday.

A sigh came from Cook, as he downed the Budweiser, grabbing a nearby shirt from beside him. His wife had been making pancakes for breakfast, as Deadpoint was attached the TV, his eyes fixated on the pixels.

"Look at this guy! What an idiot". He said in brash way. Cook walked over to his wife, lurking downwards to the pancakes, before opening a nearby cupboard, a modern hand-gun in their. As the voices from the TV remained, Sam sat down upon his massive kitchen, with various workers having already began their jobs for the day. His wife slammed down a list of things he had to do today, another sigh coming from the War Vet.

"Another meet and greet!" He said in a combination of disbelief and hatred, as he took a large bite out of the pancake. After reading his daily tasks, he turned once more to the TV, of which Valor was still be shown, to the disgust of himself. Both watched in a basic principle.

"Propped up by the government, he is. No wonder he's so far up his backside" He chuckle at his own remark, while he had finished his pancakes. Turning the TV off, he exited his house for a minute, looking out to his large backyard, of which was at the mercy of his millions. Grasping his pistol, with his wife behind him, he spotted a lone bird upon a tree nearby, as Deadpoint aimed the gun towards it. Taking only a few seconds to aim, the bullet struck the bird, as it dropped the ground in a free fall. He smiled to this, before closing the door and going upstairs, getting ready for the day.

Imperatuis
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperatuis » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:17 am

The door to the President's office open once again letting the Leader of the League out after his meeting. Valor keep a straight face his hand relaxing from the meeting. Most of the meeting went as planned except for the last 20 mins.
"The League will hold open tryout to aspiring heroes looking to join the League. This will help with the vigilante problem as well as boost the League's numbers."

Valor did try to voice his protest respectfully, but they were shot down. The committee of Heroic Affairs, the League's bosses, moved ahead without input from Valor himself.

He tapped his earpiece connecting to League HQ "Iris please set up a conference for later today. I have some news for the League and bring a camera crew as well." He let out a sigh as he walked to the Whitehouse lawn lookng behind him at the house and the snipers nest on the roof he gave them a wave before leaping into the air flying towards Justice Hall the headquarters of the League.

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:23 pm

Atlanta
Kairo Mann

Kairo took off his glasses and sat it next to his books. Now a junior at Georgia Tech, he had ambitions to become an urban developer. He had a stack of textbooks detailing the various building styles of cities and their histories. Fascinating stuff. However, it does become draining.

He was still recovering from a fight with a random street thug. Kairo had a bruise on his face after getting sucker punched before getting mugged. While he had been able to use his psychic powers to freeze the mugger in place, he hadn't been able to see the attack coming. Normally, this wasn't an issue for Kairo since he was rarely attacked. But ever since the incident, he hadn't been able to rest. Hopefully I can join the League and have them help me with this. Clairvoyance would be really cool

Kairo turned on the TV in his dorm and switched the channel to the news.
Last edited by Asardia on Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Imperatuis
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperatuis » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:49 pm

Valor
In front of Justice Hall

Valor watched as the various news reporters and camera were pointed at the front of the entrance to Justice Hall, a building that represented the League having stood for almost 77 years. It was one of the most visited sites in the entire world, Valor looked upon it with all the statues of the 5 in front. Standing in front of Columbia his greatest hero. It was a shamed he only met her a few times in his career, once during his induction into the league when he shook his hand. Another when he was on Team Alpha, this was the team that handles world ending threats. He again met her when he started but soon after she had disappeared. Officially she was stated to have retired, Valor wasn't so sure. After the scandal with Highlander, Valor was elected to the the leader of the League, something he carried with pride it was same postion his idol held for 30 years before her retirement.

He was brought back to the present when an aide snap him out of his memories. "Sir, everybody is waiting for you now." Valor nodded as he headed to the podium, gripping the sides the creaking of the wood as he squeezed a bit too hard for a second before flashing his famous smile.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you for making your way this fine afternoon so soon after being at the White House. I thought I was fast." The crowd laughed out loud at the forced joke before Valor continued "Today it has been decided with the League...and the Committee of Super Hero Affairs..." Saying that left an almost sour taste in his mouth for a second. "We want to announce that the League will have open tryouts, for any and all. This is the first time in the League history that something this big has happened. But I will let you know now that nobody will be excluded from this event, Corporations are welcome, even Vigilantes, any criminal history will be looked at and if you are selected to join the League, your charges and offenses will be drop, just short of Murder of course." The cameras were flashing almost every single second, as the crowd began to shout over one another asking questions. "I know everybody will have questions, and there is not much I can deliver at the moment, in the coming week everybody, who is looking to join will be registered and vetted. Our first day of open tryouts is July 5th so please come join the greatest organization. Thank you and have a wonderful day." He smiled before leaving the stage and entering Justice Hall hopefully nobody else will ask any question about tryout right now.

Alex
Dallas, Texas
Alex and everybody else in the diner watched as Valor appeared on tv again and told all of America that the League would have open tryouts in a weeks time. Alex immediately got up to his feet in amazement. This was the opportunity he needed to get to the League, and get them help him with his situation. Valor was the best of them and if somebody could help Alex it would be him. He left a tip as he exited the diner as he looked on his phone on the nearest bus station. He was going to buy a ticket and make it to Washington. He gave a sigh of relief, this whole nightmare he had been dealing with was almost at an end.

Ashotu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ashotu » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:03 am

After his long journey, making him government sponsored, Teku goes to a alley where he encounters a tall and glowing crystal,
And this was the work of a villain, but the culprit was no where to be seen.
The paradise of Ashotu

Long live the paradise!

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:15 pm

Kairo's eyes bulged. They're actually holding tryouts! he thought to himself. This was KaIro's perfect, and perhaps only, chance to become a member of The League. I need to get going right now!

Kairo grabbed his phone and Googled "League tryouts". Since the announcement was made within the last few minutes, there wasn't much information regarding the process. Kairo tried to not allow his excitement to overtake him. He couldn't just walk up to Justice Hall and try out, could he? Either way, he needed to learn more. There should hopefully be an announcement in the coming days about how the tryouts would go.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse