NATION

PASSWORD

Obsolete link

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Obsolete link

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 am

On the 'News' page, the link to the Jolt forum (in the article about this forum passing its Beta test, and the Jolt forum's link being removed from the sidebar) still uses the old url, which no longer works, rather than the one to which they changed over at around that same point in history. Please could this detail be corrected, for the convenience of any of us who still "need" to find anything over there?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Re: Obsolete link

Postby [violet] » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:42 pm

I'm not sure what you mean. There's a link in this News post to this page, which takes you to Jolt. What's wrong?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:00 am

Well, when I click on the link on that page (the one that says "Go to the old Jolt forum") and then the one on the page that that leads me to ("Continue to Jolt") it tries to take me to Jolt's old eddress (the "forums.jolt.co.uk" one) -- rather than to whatever their current eddress is -- and all that I get is a "HTTP 404 - File not found" page...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Urrrgh... I thought I was done debugging Jolt. (Why didn't they redirect properly when they changed their domain??)

Try now.

Spredronia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Spredronia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:12 pm

[violet] wrote:Urrrgh... I thought I was done debugging Jolt. (Why didn't they redirect properly when they changed their domain??)

Try now.

Heh. An admin's work is never done, Violet. An admin's work is never done.

Secondly, OMG VIOLET POSTED! At least the first post I witnessed.
(.-:-[_____]-:-) = PSP
([______])
(-:- . . -:-) PSPGo!
Taken from the Playstation.com forums. Please don't hurt me. If you want me to remove them, just say so.
Epic Thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59092
Member of the CoNS
If Twilight came to life, 50% of the world would scream in joy. The other 48% would kill themselves. If you are one of the 1% who would grab a shotty and fight to the end, C+P. Yes, it's copied, no, I don't care.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:35 am

Hokay, it'as working now: Thank you. :)

Return to Technical