NATION

PASSWORD

Nation States College Football (NSCF) Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:00 pm

Hey guys! I've been following the circus that is the NFL offseason, which got me thinking: how feasible would an international pro league be? Think NSCF/World Bowl, except with trades and free agency and such. Instead of national/college teams, users would have franchises, perhaps based in cities in their country, and if they no longer want to participate, they can always just "relocate" to a new user's country, who can either keep the identity or change it completely.

Am I making sense or is this too lofty a goal?
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:09 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:Hey guys! I've been following the circus that is the NFL offseason, which got me thinking: how feasible would an international pro league be? Think NSCF/World Bowl, except with trades and free agency and such. Instead of national/college teams, users would have franchises, perhaps based in cities in their country, and if they no longer want to participate, they can always just "relocate" to a new user's country, who can either keep the identity or change it completely.

It'd take some coordination but it's certainly doable! I know of a few users who have joint leagues with another nation for other sports - soccer or baseball.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:17 pm

Nice! Definitely throwing my hat in if this does become a thing.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:03 pm

I'd totally be in support of this if it were to happen as much as I love sending Kohnheadians to foreign leagues this would certainly be very fun.
Kohnhead
Trigramme: KHD
Pop: 25 million
Football: 64th
Gridiron: 24th
Baseball: 15th
Basketball: 2nd
Volleyball: 2nd
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions
Di Bradini Cup 48 / U21WC 69 - 4th place

Tennis:
6 Ethanian Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Steinigestrasse Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Britonish Open - Winner (Doubles)

Gridiron:
NSCF 22 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)
NSCF 24 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)

Basketball:
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament - 2nd place

Baseball:
International Baseball Series 12 - 4th place

Volleyball:
Volleyball World Expo 11 - 3rd place
Volleyball World Expo 12 - 4th place

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:23 pm

Kohnhead wrote:Kohnead City University
Week 11: @ HaAkademia HaKrav Shel (Confirmed via Discord)
Week 12: @ University of Alexandroupolis (Confirmed)
Week 13: Vs Felswyr State University (Confirmed)

Swisston City University
Week 11: @ Mar Sara Tech (Confirmed)
Week 12: @ Natanians and Nosts PCRU (Confirmed)
Week 13: Vs Trent State University (Confirmed)

My OOC slate has been filled
Kohnhead
Trigramme: KHD
Pop: 25 million
Football: 64th
Gridiron: 24th
Baseball: 15th
Basketball: 2nd
Volleyball: 2nd
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions
Di Bradini Cup 48 / U21WC 69 - 4th place

Tennis:
6 Ethanian Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Steinigestrasse Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Britonish Open - Winner (Doubles)

Gridiron:
NSCF 22 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)
NSCF 24 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)

Basketball:
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament - 2nd place

Baseball:
International Baseball Series 12 - 4th place

Volleyball:
Volleyball World Expo 11 - 3rd place
Volleyball World Expo 12 - 4th place

New Gesem
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby New Gesem » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:59 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:Hey guys! I've been following the circus that is the NFL offseason, which got me thinking: how feasible would an international pro league be? Think NSCF/World Bowl, except with trades and free agency and such. Instead of national/college teams, users would have franchises, perhaps based in cities in their country, and if they no longer want to participate, they can always just "relocate" to a new user's country, who can either keep the identity or change it completely.

A good example from back in the day would be ASMV's Nationstates Premier League and its spiritual successor the Multiverse Premier League. I participated in both, and would be very interested in a gridiron version of the same.
Population: ~10 million
Capital: Alexandria
Demonym: Gesemite
Sports played: American football
OOC Reference
Gesemite Constitution

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:14 am

The NSCF XXVI Recruiting Sheet is Live. Let's go!

Recruiting Sheet

What is Recruiting? Recruiting is the process where university teams get players to play for them the next season. The most common way to recruit players, of course, is to recruit players out of high school from other NSCF nations. But there are other common ways to recruit players. Players may transfer from non-NSCF schools, or junior colleges, or even on the rare occasions from your NSCF rivals. Remember, you recruit for future seasons- so players recruited during this NSCF season will start playing for you in NSCF XXIV.

Prospects List Tab: Put players you would like to make available for recruitment into the Prospects List Tab. You'll notice it has multiple lines. You'll want to fill them all out. There is no limit to how many players you can make available for recruitment. A key here, however, is Column D, the NSCF XXIV class. Make sure to put that there. If somebody will be a freshman next season, then they are coming out of high school. If somebody will be above that, they are a transfer from another college, like a JUCO college.

In the biography column, you could put whatever you like in there. From their general biography, to play-style, to even things they are looking for from a University- anything from nice campus, to early playing time, to championship contention, or anything else.

Offers Tab: This is where schools will make scholarship offers to players. You will put the player's name and relevant information in a row where you want to make an offer, and simply put your school down. If you are making the offer, of course, then do not fill out the last two columns of the Offers tab.

The last two columns of the offers tab are for people whose players are being offered. These columns should be filled out with a simple 'Y' or 'N'. A 'Y' in the yellow column, column J, will simply mean that a player has agreed to visit campus. An N, of course, will mean that a player will not do a campus visit. And a Y in column K will mean that a player will commit to a school. There is no hurry on players receiving offers to make commitments, especially if they expect to receive multiple offers. This sheet will be open throughout the entirety of the regular season.

Commitments Tab: Once a player has committed to a school(aka filled Y to column K), then the player commitment can be noted in the Commitment sheet. Note that user who controls the player accepting the commitment should be the one to put that in the Commitment sheet.

Newsfeed: This is the rumor mill! You've all seen all sorts of rumor mills for recruiting. This is where it goes. Anything from rumors that a coach may get fired, to a player liked this or that about a campus visit, or anything that sounds remotely interesting and at least tangentially related to recruiting, can go there!

Commitment/Offers Lookup: These two tabs can pull any offers and/or commitments either for your players, and for your schools. Very useful tab if there are so many offers it becomes tough to look through(which seems unlikely, but it's nice to put all your stuff in one place). There are instructions in these tabs, but please, only fill out the trigrammes. Everything else will automatically flow through from the offer and commitment tabs.

Teams Looking: You can list what specific positions your school is trying to recruit here. There is an example school listed on how to fill it out!

Nations/Open Bid/History: This is where all the NSCF participating nations are listed, with their trigrammes. Nation demonyms are listed here as well. I listed as many demonyms as I could, but I do not know all of them, so please check yours and get that put on there!

Coaches: The market for coaches. You can place coaches here that are looking to get hired into the NSCF. Simple biographical information, there is an example in the first row.

School Glossary: Here, you can list basic information about your schools! A couple of things are asked for here(Conference, ranking, school name, and nation), but otherwise, you can put whatever other information you want. You can detail your offensive and defensive schemes here if you wish as well.

Position/Class Glossary: Do not enter anything here! This is just a position and class abbreviations guide that people can use for their own benefit. If I'm missing any positions(I shouldn't be, but you never know), please let me know and I will add them.

What are some general points of etiquette?
BLACK TABS: Anything in a black tab is not for you to edit. That's where formulas go, and messing around with them is likely to break the sheet.
ORDER OF TABS: Do not change them. It is, in fairness, easy to mistakenly click-drag them out of position; if you do, please drag it where you left it. The first four tabs, from left to right, should be COMMITMENTS - OFFERS - PROSPECTS LIST - COACHES
SIGNING PLAYERS TO LOWER TIERS: There is an expectation that you only sign players to divisions you intend to roleplay, and when you're starting out, a strong expectation you only sign players to the top tier. As a general rule of thumb, when you are in the top 32 IFCF rankings, your second tier might start to attract foreign free agents.
WHO PUTS A COMMITTED PLAYER IN 'COMMITMENTS'?: Whoever places down the final 'Y' of Club or Player Accepted has to take that line and paste it into the Commitments tab in order to seal in a Commitment. As a result, a player with Y in Column K of the Offers tab is assumed to be de facto signed.
COMMENTS AND NOTES: Use 'notes' instead of comments to cut down on clutter in the row of tabs. These can be useful for adding details, but please use in moderation.
IN GENERAL: It's okay to make a mess so long as you clean up after yourself.

How can I use the filters?
The 'pyramids' on the top rank of most of the sheets can be used to filter details, but when used they will filter for everyone. To avoid inconveniencing other users, please either make sure to use them for short periods and then 'unfilter' them afterwards, or go to 'Data > Filter views > Create a new filter' and make your own instance of the sheet's filters.
If you need to remove someone else's filters, click on the pyramid and click 'Select All'. DO NOT 'Data > Turn off filter', which removes the filters entirely and just means they have to be put back.

Have other questions, or just want to hang out and chat? Then feel free to join the NS Sport Discord channel! You can also ask me or anyone else questions here, either in a reply through this thread, or via telegram.

Also, if you are a non-NSCF participant, but you still want to put players up for potential recruitment, feel free! Simply add your nation and trigrammes to the "Nations/Open Bids/History" Tab, and feel free!
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:57 am

Banija wrote:The NSCF XXVI Recruiting Sheet is Live. Let's go!
Recruiting Sheet

What is Recruiting? Recruiting is the process where university teams get players to play for them the next season. The most common way to recruit players, of course, is to recruit players out of high school from other NSCF nations. But there are other common ways to recruit players. Players may transfer from non-NSCF schools, or junior colleges, or even on the rare occasions from your NSCF rivals. Remember, you recruit for future seasons- so players recruited during this NSCF season will start playing for you in NSCF XXIV.

Prospects List Tab: Put players you would like to make available for recruitment into the Prospects List Tab. You'll notice it has multiple lines. You'll want to fill them all out. There is no limit to how many players you can make available for recruitment. A key here, however, is Column D, the NSCF XXIV class. Make sure to put that there. If somebody will be a freshman next season, then they are coming out of high school. If somebody will be above that, they are a transfer from another college, like a JUCO college.

In the biography column, you could put whatever you like in there. From their general biography, to play-style, to even things they are looking for from a University- anything from nice campus, to early playing time, to championship contention, or anything else.

Offers Tab: This is where schools will make scholarship offers to players. You will put the player's name and relevant information in a row where you want to make an offer, and simply put your school down. If you are making the offer, of course, then do not fill out the last two columns of the Offers tab.

The last two columns of the offers tab are for people whose players are being offered. These columns should be filled out with a simple 'Y' or 'N'. A 'Y' in the yellow column, column J, will simply mean that a player has agreed to visit campus. An N, of course, will mean that a player will not do a campus visit. And a Y in column K will mean that a player will commit to a school. There is no hurry on players receiving offers to make commitments, especially if they expect to receive multiple offers. This sheet will be open throughout the entirety of the regular season.

Commitments Tab: Once a player has committed to a school(aka filled Y to column K), then the player commitment can be noted in the Commitment sheet. Note that user who controls the player accepting the commitment should be the one to put that in the Commitment sheet.

Newsfeed: This is the rumor mill! You've all seen all sorts of rumor mills for recruiting. This is where it goes. Anything from rumors that a coach may get fired, to a player liked this or that about a campus visit, or anything that sounds remotely interesting and at least tangentially related to recruiting, can go there!

Commitment/Offers Lookup: These two tabs can pull any offers and/or commitments either for your players, and for your schools. Very useful tab if there are so many offers it becomes tough to look through(which seems unlikely, but it's nice to put all your stuff in one place). There are instructions in these tabs, but please, only fill out the trigrammes. Everything else will automatically flow through from the offer and commitment tabs.

Teams Looking: You can list what specific positions your school is trying to recruit here. There is an example school listed on how to fill it out!

Nations/Open Bid/History: This is where all the NSCF participating nations are listed, with their trigrammes. Nation demonyms are listed here as well. I listed as many demonyms as I could, but I do not know all of them, so please check yours and get that put on there!

Coaches: The market for coaches. You can place coaches here that are looking to get hired into the NSCF. Simple biographical information, there is an example in the first row.

School Glossary: Here, you can list basic information about your schools! A couple of things are asked for here(Conference, ranking, school name, and nation), but otherwise, you can put whatever other information you want. You can detail your offensive and defensive schemes here if you wish as well.

Position/Class Glossary: Do not enter anything here! This is just a position and class abbreviations guide that people can use for their own benefit. If I'm missing any positions(I shouldn't be, but you never know), please let me know and I will add them.

BLACK TABS: Anything in a black tab is not for you to edit. That's where formulas go, and messing around with them is likely to break the sheet.
ORDER OF TABS: Do not change them. It is, in fairness, easy to mistakenly click-drag them out of position; if you do, please drag it where you left it. The first four tabs, from left to right, should be COMMITMENTS - OFFERS - PROSPECTS LIST - COACHES
SIGNING PLAYERS TO LOWER TIERS: There is an expectation that you only sign players to divisions you intend to roleplay, and when you're starting out, a strong expectation you only sign players to the top tier. As a general rule of thumb, when you are in the top 32 IFCF rankings, your second tier might start to attract foreign free agents.
WHO PUTS A COMMITTED PLAYER IN 'COMMITMENTS'?: Whoever places down the final 'Y' of Club or Player Accepted has to take that line and paste it into the Commitments tab in order to seal in a Commitment. As a result, a player with Y in Column K of the Offers tab is assumed to be de facto signed.
COMMENTS AND NOTES: Use 'notes' instead of comments to cut down on clutter in the row of tabs. These can be useful for adding details, but please use in moderation.

The 'pyramids' on the top rank of most of the sheets can be used to filter details, but when used they will filter for everyone. To avoid inconveniencing other users, please either make sure to use them for short periods and then 'unfilter' them afterwards, or go to 'Data > Filter views > Create a new filter' and make your own instance of the sheet's filters.
If you need to remove someone else's filters, click on the pyramid and click 'Select All'. DO NOT 'Data > Turn off filter', which removes the filters entirely and just means they have to be put back.

Have other questions, or just want to hang out and chat? Then feel free to join the NS Sport Discord channel! You can also ask me or anyone else questions here, either in a reply through this thread, or via telegram.

Also, if you are a non-NSCF participant, but you still want to put players up for potential recruitment, feel free! Simply add your nation and trigrammes to the "Nations/Open Bids/History" Tab, and feel free!

You're the man Ban!
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

NSCF
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby NSCF » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:48 am

Many thanks to Banija for his diligent work.

The NSCF XXVI Recruiting Sheet is Live. Let's go!

Recruiting Sheet

Also, if you are a non-NSCF participant, but you still want to put players up for potential recruitment, feel free! Simply add your nation and trigrammes to the "Nations/Open Bids/History" Tab, and feel free![/quote]
NationStates College Football
Current season (30)Procedural ListPost-29 Cycle RankingsDiscussion threadUCFWCAll-Time StatsWiki

NSCF Headquarters : NSCF House, Joongyeong, Joongyeong, Quebec and Shingoryeo
Feel free to direct all enquiries regarding NSCF to this account via Telegram. If a reply is not forthcoming
within a couple of days, try the discussion thread or send a telegram to Quebec and Shingoryeo.
Posts made by this account are most likely written by the current NSCF Commissioner. At present, that is Quebec and Shingoryeo.

Schima Bas
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2021
Capitalizt

Postby Schima Bas » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:03 pm

New Gesem wrote:University of Constantinople
Wk 11 vs. MRI
Wk 12
Wk 13

Looking to fill weeks 12 and 13 for UC

Week 12 @ Crown's College?
Crown's College
Week 11: @Woodstock
Week 12: Open?
Week 13: @MRI
Last edited by Schima Bas on Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•IC information is not a reflection of my IRL beliefs
•Member of Atlantian Oceania
•Fan of all sporting matters
---
"Out of all the unimportant things, football is the most important" -Pope John Paul II

NSCF
Diplomat

Postby NSCF » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:25 pm

Nonconference schedules are now updated into the OP. As always, there is a solid chance I may have missed a match or two, but I did my best to take all the fixtures into account.

Few things:

• There were initial duplicate of matches re: HaAkademia HaKrav Shel Milchama (MIL) - HaAkademia-KCU and Golden Oak-HaAkademia. After receiving answer from UAD for the clarification, HaAkademia-KCU will be played for MD11.
  • For MD12, two matches are scheduled on behalf of the University of Alexandroupolis (NGS) - Alexandroupolis hosting Kohnhead City and Mancodas hosting Alexandroupolis. Clarification is needed on this front - I will wait to hear back from NGS re: conflict.
  • There is a conflicting confirmation on home venue for the UWU-ULI match on the Matchday 11. Clarification is needed.

As always, if any addition/omission/etc is needed, just let me know.

Specifically regarding the conflict on the MD12 - St. Croix and Saguenay have both their spots open for the time being. Feel free to message me on discord and I'll try to update it by Saturday night.
Current season (30)Procedural ListPost-29 Cycle RankingsDiscussion threadUCFWCAll-Time StatsWiki

Feel free to direct all enquiries regarding NSCF to this account via Telegram. If a reply is not forthcoming
within a couple of days, try the discussion thread or send a telegram to Quebec and Shingoryeo.
Posts made by this account are most likely written by the current NSCF Commissioner. At present, that is Quebec and Shingoryeo.

NSCF
Diplomat

Postby NSCF » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:45 pm

Both aforementioned situations re: scheduling are now solved.

For MD12, the matches scheduled and now confirmed are University of Mancodas (PFA) - University of Alexandroupolis (NGS) and Kohnhead City University (KHD) - Université St. Croix (QUE), with hosts named first on both pairings.

As for MD11, I have been informed and confirmed that the University of Loyola-Istria (BNJ) will be welcoming the Upper Westside University (STK).

Once again, thank you everybody for getting back to me very quickly. As always, if any addition/omission/etc is needed, just let me know via my main nation account or on Discord.

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2020

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:37 pm

Re: Tiebreaker applied on Celestia conference.

It is not clarified on 009 of Procedure List whether the conference standings, in case of three-way ties in wins, are determined through head to head wins as whole or just H2H record. Tiebreakers only specify Wins -> H2H wins -> H2H PD, but no specifics for unusual situations like this one or Mineral conference last cycle.

So I'd assume that when xkoranate tables went out, the tables first eliminated NMU (0-2 vs. RUoN, split record with ULI), and then just went by individual tiebreakers between RUoN and ULI. With RUoN and ULI tied 1-1, the H2H point differential were used to determine conference champions.

This situation's slightly different than the three-way tie for the Mineral Conference last season because all three schools went 2-0 on each other by head-to-head record.

This one was probably clearer but also slightly confusing too because if we go by overall H2H record just between three of them, RUoN would win the title by number of wins (RUoN 3-1, ULI 2-2, NMU 1-3). In the end it's something we can all blame the Xk on, and myself for not raising this in past. As always, people are welcome to codify any amendment they'd like to push forward with three-way H2H ties - I'll gladly second it.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere
Have won many, hosted even more

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Drawkland » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:13 am

Hey everybody! A couple of us thought that it would be cool to make a separate Discord server for the NSCF/NSCAA/other college competitions on NS Sports.

CLICK HERE if you have a Discord account and would like to join in the fun. Obviously nobody is required to join but it'll be a great place to discuss the NSCF and recruiting and everything else.
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

Schima Bas
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Schima Bas » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:04 am

Bowl game bid

Leevas Sunshine Bowl

Invited: Highest scoring non-playoff teams from any conference
Hosted in: Heartland Trucking Field, Ameriso
Capacity: Capacity: 30,000
Last edited by Schima Bas on Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Out of all the unimportant things, football is the most important" -Pope John Paul II

NSCF
Diplomat

Postby NSCF » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:00 pm

Minor update re: Standing spreadsheet/OSPI.

• Over the last couple of days there have been a lot of questions about the confusing situation that's to do with the OSPIs in spreadsheet calculations. This was something that had been brought to our collective attention last cycle by South Newlandia, who detected this problem on first occurrence, due to errors found on the OSPI (specifically OWP section).
  • More recently it has been found by myself and several others that the procedural code and its past versions (including one on rabastor website) suggested 0.6:0.4 ratio for home:away wins x value on the Winning Percentage section of the OSPI (008), whereas on the NSCF spreadsheet and the OSPI section of rabastor wiki, where the original rationale behind the OSPI were written, wrote 1.4:0.6.

After much deliberation, and a further assessment, it is deemed probable that the 0.6:0.4 ratio listed on the OSPI section of the procedural code was a typo that was left undetected and unfixed during my and my predecessor's time as NSCF commissioner. Considering that me nor my predecessor did not look specifically into the formula, and just continued the past spreadsheets as needed, it is probable that the confusion on what's written for the ratios occurred due to familiarity already provided by NSCF spreadsheet ver.s's magic vs. what's written on procedure code.

That and also RL causing havoc for much of late-10s and early-20s.
  • With this in mind, it is decided that for the purpose of this cycle's NSCF standings, following ratio listed will be used. The typo will be edited to the procedural code, available as always on the NSCF account factbook:

(008b1) Take the number of home wins multiplied by 0.40.6
    (008b2) Take the number of away wins multiplied by 0.61.4

• At the same time, what me, South Newlandia and others have found was that the OWP section of the NSCF 26 spreadsheet that was work-in-progress over the course of nonconference slate were incorrect by some distance. As OWP section tie into the OSPI calculation, and in turn the autoqualifiers into playoffs, this is a clear concern that has to be addressed soon enough. Expect it to be addressed promptly, but with possible delays on the seedings front.
  • Finally, there have been recent instances of several NSCF users who have raised their concern about the high value of the number of away wins (x1.4) vs. home wins (x0.6) for the OSPI. This isn't new, for this topic's discussed back in October-November, just before the start of NSCF 25

As always, if you wish to propose that this ratio be amended to something more even (1.2x0.8 or even 0.6x0.4), please raise the proposed amendment on this discussion thread. I can also propose such an amendment myself if needed - just let me know if needed.
Last edited by NSCF on Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

NSCF
Diplomat

Postby NSCF » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:23 pm

Hello everybody. This is Quebbles your commish.

This post's just to provide a couple of updates. Slightly early but they are being done now as I will be busy for bits of next 6 weeks:

• SIGNUPS: I intend to open signups on August 2nd or 3rd, which should give us around 2-3 weeks, or even sooner, at July 30. I do not know which of those proposed dates, but am more than certain that July 31 and August 1 will be off the table due to my own RL schedules.

The intended start date of competition will be sometime during the first week of the RL college football season. This will be at the end of the month, which should give enough users some time to rest after the Olympics and the WBC as well, while ensuring that there will be as little overlap as possible before the World Bowl.

Of course, these dates are tentative and not permanent, but just to give a heads up as we are expected to head into a busier part of the summer tournaments this cycle.

• FORMAT: I have noticed (and participated) in a fair bit of conversations with other NSCF users regarding possible flexibility re: regular season format. These discussions, coming in the aftermath and middle of conference realignments IRL, have been fruitful and I will remain open to a proposal that would handle such well. I know Drawkland, a longtime member of the committee and the competition scorinators, will be proposing something soon-ish.

As always, shoot the ideas here if you have suggestions or amendments you'd like to present.
Last edited by NSCF on Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Drawkland » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:10 am

NSCF wrote:
  • FORMAT: I have noticed (and participated) in a fair bit of conversations with other NSCF users regarding possible flexibility re: regular season format. These discussions, coming in the aftermath and middle of conference realignments IRL, have been fruitful and I will remain open to a proposal that would handle such well. I know Drawkland, a longtime member of the committee and the competition scorinators, will be proposing something soon-ish.

Alright, so this is the format proposal that I came up with last year.

This format was original made as a thought experiment for if we received an absurd amount of signups in a given season. The NSCF procedural list clearly states that the conference stage should consist of no more than 10 games (not including a conference championship game, if applicable), and there should be no more than 8 conferences. So if we got something like 64 signups, we would have to change the conference format a little bit to operate without needing to violate or change the procedural list. Because of this, I came up with a format that would work with 8-team conferences. Though it was originally designed for an 8 conferences of 8 situation, it could work with any number of conferences.

Here's the basics of the format:
- Conferences feature 8 teams, split into 2 divisions of 4 teams each.
- Teams will play a double round robin against their own division (6 games), and a single round robin against the opposing division (4 games). This results in 10 games played in the conference regular season.
- At the conclusion of the conference stage, the top team in each division will face off in the conference championship game, which will decide the conference title.

Besides that, the season operates as normal with the out of conference games held after the conference stage. The only real difference to the schedule would be the inclusion of an additional "week" between the conference and OOC weeks for the conference championship games.

As for this format lasting multiple seasons, the commissioner would be responsible for making sure that home/away is reversed for cross-division opponents whenever possible. This would result in more work for the commish but Queb said he'd be willing to handle it. It would also mean that the conference scorinators would have a little more work to do, having to use a table generator and manual matchups for the cross-division games, but it's not really that hard.

If I had the choice, I would want the first leg of the in-division round robin to start the season, then the cross-division games, then the second leg of the in-division round. Since the conference hosts would have to use the table generator anyway, I don't think it would be that much of a difference in operation.

The advantage to this system is that it's slightly more similar to real life. I think the quirkiness of college football scheduling is one of the neatest things about the sport that makes it stand out among other leagues, so it would be neat to have the NSCF reflect that a little more. And due to OSPI, I don't think the more "uneven" schedules would have a negative impact on the playoff race, at least not any more than we currently experience.

I know some users may be unwilling to go with such a change, which is fine. Honestly, I wasn't planning to seriously propose this anytime soon, at least not unless we were looking at well over 48 signups (the maximum to keep our current format unchanged). However, Queb wanted to look at this format for this coming season, especially considering how drastically the CFB scene is changing in real life right now. Whether or not this format goes into place, I'm excited for the coming NSCF cycle regardless.
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

Venmere
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2020

Postby Venmere » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:37 am

New Gesem wrote:
Kohnhead wrote:Still need some games for KCU

University of Constantinople
Wk 11 vs. MRI
Wk 12
Wk 13

Looking to fill weeks 12 and 13 for UC

Alcuta would love to pay a visit in either of those weeks
11-7, Quarterfinals, International Baseball Slam XIV
13-17, 6th in Group B, WBC 52
6-14, 6th in Group C, WBC 55
Total International Record: 30-38

3rd place in Group B, BoF 76

3-6, World Bowl 44

All these achievements testify to the fact that I am not very good at sports XD
Please TG me if you want me to join your event

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:22 pm

NSCF 27 OOC Games:

Felswyr State
Blank (pref. Home, pref. Top 15)
@ ULI (Confirmed with Banija by Discord)
vs. KCU (Confirmed with Kohnhead by Discord)

Staramara Tech
Blank (pref. Away, pref. Top 25)
vs. NMU (Confirmed with Banija by Discord)
vs. RUoN (Confirmed with SNL by Discord)

The fastest way to reach me is Discord, though TG is fine, and you can even reply on this thread. Thanks
Last edited by Chromatika on Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Schima Bas
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Schima Bas » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:18 am

LET'S GOOOOOOOO :p Here's the non-conference spots I'm looking to fill!
Crown's College Royal Bears
Post NSCF 26 Rank: 12

Week 11:
Week 12:
Week 13:

Crimson Royal University Mink
Post NSCF 26 Rank: NR

Week 11:
Week 12:
Week 13:
---

New Gesem
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby New Gesem » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:37 am

Schima Bas wrote:LET'S GOOOOOOOO :p Here's the non-conference spots I'm looking to fill!

Week 11:
Week 12:
Week 13:

Week 11:
Week 12:
Week 13:

Constantinople vs Crimson, week 11 (or any week)?

Alexandroupolis @ Crown's College, week 12 (or any week)?
Population: ~10 million
Capital: Alexandria
Demonym: Gesemite
Sports played: American football
OOC Reference
Gesemite Constitution

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby TJUN-ia » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:44 am

Bowl Proposal

Jaguar Bowl
Best non-playoff team from Mineral vs Best non-playoff team from Zephyr
Hosted at the Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington, NAU Zone (Capacity: 87,000)

Trent State OOC (MINERAL, #5)
W11:
W12: vs Elephant Valley (SNL) - confirmed with SNL via Discord
W13: @ or vs Swisston City (KHD) - awaiting confirmation with Kohnhead via Discord

Green City OOC (MINERAL, #7)
W11:
W12:
W13:
(at least one game has to be on the road for GCU)
Last edited by TJUN-ia on Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby StrayaRoos » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:58 am

Schima Bas wrote:LET'S GOOOOOOOO :p Here's the non-conference spots I'm looking to fill!

Week 11:
Week 12:
Week 13:

Week 11:
Week 12:
Week 13:

Panem vs Crimson royal in wk13?
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:39 am

TJUN-ia wrote:
Trent State OOC (MINERAL, #5)
W11:
W12: vs Elephant Valley (SNL) - confirmed with SNL via Discord
W13: @ or vs Swisston City (KHD) - awaiting confirmation with Kohnhead via Discord

Green City OOC (MINERAL, #7)
W11:
W12:
W13:
(at least one game has to be on the road for GCU)

Green City to play W11 @ UoM?

Looking for games for both UoM and MRI, trying to RP them alongside WC as far as possible,
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports