NATION

PASSWORD

Top 50 today. Still no puppets!

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2006
Capitalist Paradise

Top 50 today. Still no puppets!

Postby Hustlertwo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:21 am

I think I really am about as far as I can go this time, since the gaps become wider and harder to surpass without inflating; getting from 60 to 50 probably took as long as getting from 100 to 60 did. And it probably won't even last to the end of the day, I know there's a couple of puppeteers hot on my heels. But it's been enjoyable to see how many goal markers could be knocked down along the way (I wasn't even sure the top 100 would be possible at some points, so top 50 was a very nice surprise), and I've enjoyed dueling with many of y'all in the auctions to get to this point.

Current all-time highest rank achieved: 28! (Achieved 11/1/22)
Last edited by Hustlertwo on Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:01 am, edited 12 times in total.
Interactive fiction author, rouser of rabble, and Punslinger-in-Chief of the Anti Discord Alliance.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:23 am

don't you mean enjoying articifially high prices, thanks to big puppeters.

meanwhile, I who was in the top 13, fell in 101th position, and i really don't care.

this (inflation) for me, is a real problem, its someone deciding that his cards should be 1000 bank, but aint even willing bank to gain a copy of their so-priced cards.
perso, I'm always willing to bank 33 bank for s1 Marnady.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:52 pm

Well, that's the funny part. I have a deck built on inflateds yet not only have I never inflated a card, I realistically cannot do so. I am an (admittedly unintentional) agent of deflation, reducing card values with every sale or purchase.

I mean, you made a specific point to mention your old rank, so it feels like you do care a little.

I can't say anything about how things would be without inflation, since it's been this way ever since I started. That's what got me into it; I unwrapped an innocuous common months ago and then someone randomly inflated it to be worth over 2,000 MV a few days later, which gave me a total deck value of, like 2,030 MV. At the time it was enough to get into the top 500 all by itself, so I decided to see what else could be done. Wasn't even aware puppets were a thing at the time.
Interactive fiction author, rouser of rabble, and Punslinger-in-Chief of the Anti Discord Alliance.

The Axolotl Federation
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 27, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Axolotl Federation » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:28 pm

Hustlertwo wrote:Well, that's the funny part. I have a deck built on inflateds yet not only have I never inflated a card, I realistically cannot do so. I am an (admittedly unintentional) agent of deflation, reducing card values with every sale or purchase.

I mean, you made a specific point to mention your old rank, so it feels like you do care a little.

I can't say anything about how things would be without inflation, since it's been this way ever since I started. That's what got me into it; I unwrapped an innocuous common months ago and then someone randomly inflated it to be worth over 2,000 MV a few days later, which gave me a total deck value of, like 2,030 MV. At the time it was enough to get into the top 500 all by itself, so I decided to see what else could be done. Wasn't even aware puppets were a thing at the time.

Very good. I was ale to reach the top 250 in only 5 weeks. With thenhekp of puppets.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:30 pm

Good job... again.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

The Axolotl Federation
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Axolotl Federation » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:31 pm

This is totally off topic, but once I literaly sold a S1 legendary for 85 bank, worth it right? But then, I accidentally bought SOME other legendaries , but the bidwent really high, so I end up spending like a load of bank

The Shaymen
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Shaymen » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:41 pm

Congrats.

I often see you in the auctions of the inflated cards I pull from my account/puppets buying them up.

I personally don't care for hyper inflation cards as I view them to be like building a house on sand (As in your speculating if trying to increase overall wealth that no one buys these cards at lower prices as they will decrease in value), however its good to see people having different aims and tactics in playing the game.

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:36 am

The Shaymen wrote:Congrats.

I often see you in the auctions of the inflated cards I pull from my account/puppets buying them up.

I personally don't care for hyper inflation cards as I view them to be like building a house on sand (As in your speculating if trying to increase overall wealth that no one buys these cards at lower prices as they will decrease in value), however its good to see people having different aims and tactics in playing the game.

It absolutely is building a house on shifting sand, and many are the times I logged in and found my deck value had dropped overnight due to trades on my stuff. But without puppets there really is no other alternative. And the majority of inflateds remain at their high price for weeks, months, even years. Only a small percentage are traded regularly, and those can still be good to flip and make a quick buck or two.

The Orwell Society wrote:Good job... again.

Thanks...again.

Keep going for it, Axolotl! Hopefully you'll hit top 100 in even less time.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:38 am

How about getting one puppet. Just as a treat for yourself :p
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:42 am

Honeydewistania wrote:How about getting one puppet. Just as a treat for yourself :p

Hahahaha, like the No Homers Club in The Simpsons, I'm allowed to have one, right?

But nah, it'd take the fun out of it.

The Axolotl Federation
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Axolotl Federation » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:32 pm

Hustlertwo wrote:
The Shaymen wrote:Congrats.

It absolutely is building a house on shifting sand, and many are the times I logged in and found my deck value had dropped overnight due to trades on my stuff. But without puppets there really is no other alternative. And the majority of inflateds remain at their high price for weeks, months, even years. Only a small percentage are traded regularly, and those can still be good to flip and make a quick buck or two.

The Orwell Society wrote:Good job... again.

Thanks...again.

Keep going for it, Axolotl! Hopefully you'll hit top 100 in even less time.

Heh thanks. I need to start saving up bank and not just spending. I dropped a few places, so I had to buy stuff with my bank. Now I have 0.40 only.

The Otter Archipelago
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Otter Archipelago » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:31 pm

So can someone fill me in - this would have been borderline impossible when TCAlS was around, yeah? And how long was that in effect?

Islands Of Ventro
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:43 pm

The Otter Archipelago wrote:So can someone fill me in - this would have been borderline impossible when TCAlS was around, yeah? And how long was that in effect?

Yes, do to the fact that if a inflated card was on the market it would have a higher chance of being pulled, (if being bud on at that high price)

Also with the No puppets rule does that apply to all things? Like no vanity puppets like Modern or Ventro (these are mine). I don’t use them for farming but for just being there, I also use nations such as p l a c e h o l d e r as issue nations where I try and max out stats I don’t want to have on my main.
Last edited by Islands Of Ventro on Sat April 20th, 1982, edited 69,419 times in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠻⣿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣆⣀⣀⠀⣿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠻⣿⣿⣿⠅⠛⠋⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢼⣿⣿⣿⣃⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣟⡿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣛⣛⣫⡄⠀⢸⣦⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⡆⠸⣿⣿⣿⡷⠂⠨⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⣿⡿⠋⠁⢀⡶⠪⣉⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⢸⣿⣷⣿⣿⣷⣦⡙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:34 am

I mean, it would mean whatever someone wanted it to mean, I can't speak for anyone except myself. And in my case I have literally no puppets for any purpose. However, I think the idea here is it wouldn't matter if you had puppets so long as you never used them to send a single card or bit of bank to your main account.

I'm speaking of 'you' in the general sense, obviously, not referencing you in particular, Ventro. I realize you're kinda past the point of being able to do this without puppets.

Islands Of Ventro
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:07 pm

Hustlertwo wrote:I mean, it would mean whatever someone wanted it to mean, I can't speak for anyone except myself. And in my case I have literally no puppets for any purpose. However, I think the idea here is it wouldn't matter if you had puppets so long as you never used them to send a single card or bit of bank to your main account.

I'm speaking of 'you' in the general sense, obviously, not referencing you in particular, Ventro. I realize you're kinda past the point of being able to do this without puppets.

Funnily enough I only have 16 card puppets and only do manual farming (no scripts for me!). I have some other puppets that I like to use for issues and another couple just for flags or the heck of it. I’m dwarfed by major farmers that have hundreds of puppets.

What you did is very impressive, I don’t usually dabble with the market to much, that’s why my growth has been slow but your quick response eye is incredible. I hope you go higher!
Last edited by Islands Of Ventro on Sat April 20th, 1982, edited 69,419 times in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠻⣿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣆⣀⣀⠀⣿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠻⣿⣿⣿⠅⠛⠋⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢼⣿⣿⣿⣃⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣟⡿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣛⣛⣫⡄⠀⢸⣦⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⡆⠸⣿⣿⣿⡷⠂⠨⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⣿⡿⠋⠁⢀⡶⠪⣉⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⢸⣿⣷⣿⣿⣷⣦⡙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:37 am

Thanks. I imagine I am tapped out, though. I hit the top 50 at least once and am glad to have done it, but staying there amidst the constant threat of deflation and trying to outbid people who have access to effectively unlimited funds is a sucker bet. Having plateaued, I expect I’ll hang around in the top 60 for a while but eventually get booted from there too as more puppeteers push up from below. No complaints, though; it’s been a heck of a run. And maybe I’ll get back into the top 50 again at some point for a bit, who knows?

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:27 am

Clearly my thought of having hit my ceiling on where I could go was not entirely accurate. Top 30 today.

The Massed Gadgets Of Hercules
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Massed Gadgets Of Hercules » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:28 am

Hustlertwo wrote:Clearly my thought of having hit my ceiling on where I could go was not entirely accurate. Top 30 today.

Congrats!

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:45 am

The Massed Gadgets Of Hercules wrote:
Hustlertwo wrote:Clearly my thought of having hit my ceiling on where I could go was not entirely accurate. Top 30 today.

Congrats!

Thanks!

Panagouge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Panagouge » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:47 pm

Top 10 is next!
I exist, and so do you.

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:40 am

Panagouge wrote:Top 10 is next!

Hahaha, that really might be a bridge too far, but at this point I'll never say never. Gaps between ranks get longer at this stage; just going from 32 to 31 was a leap of around 8,000 or so. Top 25 might take a month or two all by itself. But we'll keep plugging ever-onward, at least a few minutes a day.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards