NATION

PASSWORD

The Juul Heist (DRAFT) (SCRAPPED)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Spaghettitopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

The Juul Heist (DRAFT) (SCRAPPED)

Postby Spaghettitopia » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:04 pm

The Juul Heist

Option 1
"Countless studies have concluded that the use of E-cigarettes is harmful to your body.", exclaims your minister of public health. "What's worse is that these things are being advertised towards our easily impressionable youth. We need to prevent people from ever buying these things. Ban E-cigarettes for the good of our people."

Fallout Show example
the use of E-cigarettes is strictly prohibited.

Validity Show example
Is this choice valid for all nations?

Yes

Option 2
"Are you crazy?" Shouts the CEO of "Jewel", the leading vape manufacturing company. "Banning E-cigarettes would be a disaster! People seeking out vapes would just scour for illegal e-cigarettes. Besides, Many have quit smoking tobacco in favour of vapes, and you can't take that away from them. I suggest that you give us a fat subsidy in order to increase the quality of our vapes! After all, regulating us just gives us less money to work with."

*Fallout*
7th graders are chastised for not using vapes.

*Validity*

No.
Not valid for nations without private industry

Option 3
"Please, we can always appease both sides.", claims your minister of compromises. "Although switching to vaping could end the tobacco addictions of thousands of [denonym], but we can't let people use them willy-nilly. The easy way to solve this is to create a program where tobacco addicts could check in a safe, government owned E-cigarette clinic and start using those. That way, we're ending the addictions of thousands, and the vapes are safely regulated."

*Fallout*
Vaping is prohibited outside of dedicated clinics

Validity

yes
Last edited by Spaghettitopia on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:07 am

Option 2- What are the reasons for allowing vapes besides a CEO wanting more money?

Option 3- How about instead allowing vapes but those without tobacco?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

RedBrickLand
Envoy

Founded: Oct 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby RedBrickLand » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:00 am

Firstly, you need a description.
Secondly, this issue is really similar to an already existing issue, #770
I'm relatively new to issue writing so I'm not very experienced. However, in my opinion, this draft in its current state is too similar.
“One day the great European War will come out of some damned foolish thing in the Balkans.”
- Otto Von Redbrick, Our glorious leader

1. Winner of Issues Contest: Lucky Seven with "Killing In The Name Of Beer"
2. Lost Half of My Bank in 36 hours
3. Defeated Mikeswill in a bidding war
gluten tag

Communist Beijing Must be China
Envoy

Founded: May 16, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Communist Beijing Must be China » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:06 am

RedBrickLand wrote:Firstly, you need a description.
Secondly, this issue is really similar to an already existing issue, #770
I'm relatively new to issue writing so I'm not very experienced. However, in my opinion, this draft in its current state is too similar.

After reading the issue, I heavily agree with this. All the questions are just about a complete match.
Communist Beijing Must be China
puppet of Tranquilizer-O7

current speaker of Vibonia, former vice president of Vibonia, sr rper
FOCUS w
roblox speedrunner, i mainly sift on discord now

American Collectivism
Attaché

Founded: Oct 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby American Collectivism » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:51 pm

For option 2, why would seventh graders be chastised for not using vapes in school? Just because something is legal doesn't mean a person would be publicly humiliated for not using it. It would be like throwing rocks at someone for not carrying a handgun just because guns are legal where they live.

Also we need an alternate Option 2 for nations without private enterprise
Last edited by American Collectivism on Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Got Issues?