NATION

PASSWORD

Help with how to recruit people?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Dixons Mills
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 26, 2022
Ex-Nation

Help with how to recruit people?

Postby Dixons Mills » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:32 pm

Hi. I am a relatively new player. I started a region and gained a few members but I'm having a hard time getting my region out there. I am not able to purchase stamps, so what would be the best way to get my region noticed and get new members? Any and all help is appreciated.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:36 pm

you should have try outs
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 pm

Manually telegramming nations in the feeders and sinkers is an option.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Araznan
Envoy

Founded: Feb 12, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Araznan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:27 pm

Like The Above nation Said, you can Recruit your region in Feeders and Sinkers, or any Region that allows Recruitment like Chicken Overlords
Araznan,

Raider Delegate of the Eternal Order ▱▰▱▰ Vice-Delegate of The Eternal Order
March 16, 2022 - October 1st, 2022 ▱▰▱▰ October 1st, 2022 - November 2022

~Budding F7er~
▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:29 pm

Araznan wrote:Like The Above nation Said, you can Recruit your region in Feeders and Sinkers, or any Region that allows Recruitment like Chicken Overlords

Very little point trying to recruit from Chicken Overlords, considering every nation is run by the same person.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:47 pm

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:37 pm

If you're not up to sending out a bunch of telegrams manually, the post linked above does include information about the NationStates API. You can use it to send telegrams automatically. Type up your telegram, aim it at the feeders and let it run while you play Fire Emblem Fates or something.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:08 pm

Three helpful hints, listed from quickest/easiest to the hardest & most long-term:

Get some activity going on your RMB, so that the place looks more alive.

Find some way to make the region look particularly special, so that potential recruits actually have a reason to choose it instead of any of the other options available to them.

Establish a presence in some part of the forums, and build a good reputation there that might get people curious about your home region: If you participate in 'Got Issues?' or one of the WA's two drafting forums then potentially you could progress to producing accepted issues or voted-on (& maybe even passed) resolutions respectively that bring you to the attention of a wider audience, too.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Araznan
Envoy

Founded: Feb 12, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Araznan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Araznan wrote:Like The Above nation Said, you can Recruit your region in Feeders and Sinkers, or any Region that allows Recruitment like Chicken Overlords

Very little point trying to recruit from Chicken Overlords, considering every nation is run by the same person.

Giving A Example of what kind of region they could advertise in.
Araznan,

Raider Delegate of the Eternal Order ▱▰▱▰ Vice-Delegate of The Eternal Order
March 16, 2022 - October 1st, 2022 ▱▰▱▰ October 1st, 2022 - November 2022

~Budding F7er~
▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay