NATION

PASSWORD

Upotte!! - Guns of the World

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Founded: Jun 21, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:14 pm

A FilmWood Studios Production & Upotte!! based roleplay

Upotte!! is an anime/manga series of anthropomorphised firearms in a slice-of-life setting. It is the story of these ‘gun girls’, specifically their school adventures, and everyday shenanigans. It is a comedic and warming tale, set within the not-so-far-flung future.

Upotte!! - Guns of the World is set in a MT-PMT setting in the Flatwoodlands Universe. It takes place long after the 2nd Human-Combine war, and the geographic-cosmic anomalies that follow during it and afterwards. Here is the story…

Between 2001-2022, Earth and humanity had been controlled and oppressed by a multi-dimension multi-species empire called, the Combine. Then in 2022, a man named, Gordon Freeman, appeared and invigorated hope and freedom into humanity, starting with the City 17 incident. Thereafter, a mystery event called, the Aurora Borealis Event, took Earth and human history a turn for the strangest.

For the better and worst, geographic anomalies exploded thereafter. First, sea levels rose by two hundred meters, then sudden and unexplained vegetational overgrowth, especially in Australia, the Sahara, and the Middle East. More importantly, more cosmic entities mysteriously appeared throughout Earth and among humanity.

One of the strangest entities of all were Personified Weapons. They are anthropomorphised human ships and guns, something seemingly straight out of Japanese pop culture, but they played a critical role in humanity’s freedom and victory in the 2nd Human-Combine War (2022-2029). Once the Combine was permanently and thoroughly expunged from Earth and its universe, there came the biggest question of all, especially to these Personified Weapons: What to do with them now?

Some kept them as top secret military assets; a few allowed them to choose their destiny; others passively or gradually abandoned them, conflicted if not apathetic to the idea of ‘gun/ship girls’. Fortunately, there are a few places who sought a third option. In Japan and North America, ship girls (or kansens) are welcomed alongside military and civilian populaces, especially the former.

On the Australian continent, there is a young nation, the Federation of Flatwoodlands, leading the way to welcoming and integrating gun girls to civilian life and human society as a whole. Situated in what was the arid Flinders Ranges and neighboring adjacent lakes, there is a community situated in the southern region of what is now the Flinders Sea. Off its shores is an educational institution and microcosm.

Its name?

Point Augusta.

On the floating town of Point Augusta, students will live and learn at this institution. They will be introduced and taught under the Flatwoodlands education system. Here are the details as followed:
  • Schools in the Flatwoodlands are 24/7 institutions. There is a diurnal and nocturnal schedule - schooldays are from 6am to 12pm, whereas schoolnights are 6pm to 12am. Students can choose whatever schedule they want, although they can be switched for medical or disciplinary purposes. (To learn more about Flatwoodland school rules, click here.)
  • The standard curriculum is no different compared to other schools. Algebra, Science, and Languages (English) topics are covered here, including history and other electives. Fortunately, Flatwoodlands has a few special rules. There is no homework; however, each individual student will be assigned a project per subject every semester. In total, each student will have six projects every semester, equaling a combine total of 60 out of 100 points (0.6 out of 1).
  • The timetables - daytime and nighttime - goes as followed:
    - (1st Period) 6:00 to 6:50
    - (2nd Period) 7:00 to 7:50
    - (3rd Period) 8:00 to 8:50
    - (4th Period) 9:00 to 9:50
    - (5th Period) 10:00 to 10:50
    - (6th Period) 11:00 to 11:50
    - (Transition) 12:00 to 5:00
    - (Preparation) 5:00 to 6:00

• I). Thou shalt have no other god but me (OP - Flatwoodlands).
  • II). Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images. (No NSFW content)
  • III). Thou shalt not take the name of the lord’s name in vain. (OP’s word is absolute lest said otherwise).
  • IV). Thou shalt take and uphold responsibility and integrity. (You are responsible for your own actions - Nobody will pay for your mistakes)
  • V). Honor thy brothers and thy sisters at arms.
  • VI). Thou shalt not kill.
  • VII). Thou shalt not commit adultery. (No cheating or godmodding - third offenses equals perma-ban and blacklisting)
  • VIII). Thou shalt not steal. (Do not use canon Upotte!! characters - make your own original characters)
  • IX). Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy comrades. (No griefing, discrimination, or slandering - Big Brother and Little Brother are watching you)
  • X). Thou shalt have fun. ( :blush: )

Application
Name: (What is her phonetic name? i.e. Elle = L85A1)
Designation: (What is she called in real life? i.e. Ichiroku = M16; lit. “One Six”)
Appearance: (Verbal description and url link to ref pic, please. Remember, appropriate the weapon’s size and shape. For example, battle rifles are highschoolers; assault rifles are middleschoolers; SMGs are preschoolers. Shotguns can be either, however, depending on their size and shape. Additionally, for instance, look at Steyr AUG; short hair/barrel is her shy and timid persona, while long hair/barrel is her aggressive and sharp persona.)
———
Country of Origin: (Country name only)
Cartridge: (No larger than 12.7x99mm, and no sci-fi/fantasy ammo; however, caseless ammo is acceptable)
Action: (Gas, Recoil, or Blowback; what type of these actions?)
Classification: (SMG, Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, or Shotgun)
Height: (mm)
Weight: (kg)
Length(s): (mm; extended and folded; or fixed)
Fire rate: (rpm)
Feed system: (No drum mags, please)
Sights: (No IR based optics, please)
Produced: (If applicable)
Appearance: (Url link to ref pic)
———
Family: (Does she have a parent or sister design? Derivatives/Cousins?)
Affiliation: (Who did she fight for? Special forces? Police? Civilian? Etc.)
———
History: (How was she conceived, designed, built, and used IRL?)
Confirmation: (What SHALT you do? Hint…)

Name: Petra
Designation: P25
Appearance: Petra is a petite pre-teen girl with very light blonde-brown hair, blue eyes, and pale complexion.
———
Country of Origin: Flatwoodlands
Cartridge: 5.56x45mm
Action: Short recoil operated
Classification: Assault rifle
Height: 272mm
Weight: 3.83kg
Length(s): 942mm
Fire rate: 650 rpm
Feed system: 30 round box magazines
Sights: Front fixed sight and Diopter rear sight
Produced: 2024 - 2034
Appearance: P25
———
Family: AN-94 (distant cousin)
Affiliation: Lambda rebels, various militias, FLA (Flatwoodlands Liberation Army), and Flatwoodland Ceremonial Guards (currently)
———
History: Developed independently of the AN94, the P25 was originally a hogposh amalgamation of various AK/RPK parts with South African frames. The Resistance cell in South Africa was eventually repelled by the Combine remnants in the region, forcing them to retreat elsewhere. Though the rebels scattered, the two out of the five original smithies - Peter and Savimbi - wounded up in Australia, where the regional Resistance cells were transforming into a nation called, the Federation of Flatwoodlands.

While Peter found himself in the car industry, Savimbi landed in the armaments industry, or the state-owned monopoly, FAB (Flatwoodland Armaments and Bombs Fabrication). Flatwoodlands needed a standard issued service rifle, giving Savimbi the initiative to introduce and revamp his design. Before he knew it, he went from a ordinary worker to a high ranking engineer.

With resources available, it wasn’t long until he was competing against three other rivalling designs. What made him standout and, ultimately, accelerated his rifle into production was its simplicity and durability. The secret to its success was its simplified and streamlined design: It was constructed out of as big and fewest parts as possible.

From a manufacturing perspective, it was a resounding success; however, it was not without problems. What it had in mechanical simplicity, reliability, and durability, its short recoil action created sharp recoil, especially in continuous fire. On the other hand, not only was the design airtight, but its action was violent enough to kick away dirt, mud, sand, and dust - a feature often found bittersweet among its users.

Although its fire rate was slower than its contemporaries (i.e. M16, AK, AR2, etc), it was half deliberate; the parts were heavy, but the slower cyclic rate made it more controllable. In fact, the weapon itself is said to be slightly heavier than the AK - a problem largely ignored until the latter years of the 2nd Human-Combine War. All this information combined, it was humorously nicknamed the ‘Australian Jackhammer’.

P25 production was eventually terminated by 2035, but it still continued to be used overseas. The last model was eventually retired by the 2070s, when newer weapons technologies materialised and matured. The P25 is still used by the Flatwoodland Ceremonial Guards.
Confirmation: Thou shalt have fun.

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:14 pm

Accepted Applications

Q&A
  • - How and why is this a thing? I know there are anime and gun lovers out there. And I also know from various militaries that the gun is both a soldier’s mistress and goddess. You live or die by the gun, like any other weapon of war. Now, you will get a chance to personified a gun, including its strengths, weaknesses, and traits in human form.
    - What is the plot of this story? It’s a slice of life - you are a military entity transforming into an everyday citizen. It will not be easy, but it will be fun along the way. It will also be a way for you to visit the Flatwoodlands. You thinking about wanting live in the country? It’s up to you. But first, let’s explore our slices of life and we’ll see how it goes.
  • - Why are your schools 24/7? Have a look here.
  • - Can I carry my actual gun around? No, guns are illegal in the Flatwoodlands. The only time you can use your actual gun is within training grounds (i.e. The Ruins) or the Range. If the campus or nation is under attack, weapons free.
    - What is your school’s uniform? It is this lovely suit. For the sake of the story, don’t ask about the male uniform - they wear pants instead of a skirt (sicko … this isn’t Scotland).
  • - Are self loading rifles (i.e. M1 Garand) consider antique? No - you can learn more about that here.
    - Are grenade munitions allowed? No.
    - What about special munitions (i.e. AP, JHP, HE, Tracer, etc)? No. And no again. It’s either copper-lead jacket or FMJ bullets.
    - What about powder loads? Depends on the gun. Bolt action, lever action, pump action, and other manually operated actions don’t care. It is a major concern for recoil and blowback actions; they’re very finicky and sensitive to different powder loads. Gas operated weapons can simply regulate it, but certain weapons, such as, early M16s, were very sensitive to certain powder loads, often jamming or quickly fowling the action. Use your imagination with this - every gun behaves differently to malfunction(s).
    - Speaking of malfunctions, what about the internal workings of the gun itself? Base them upon your gun’s performance and operation throughout its history. For example, the G11 was an extremely sophisticated assault rifle with caseless ammunition; however, its complexity (Kraut Space Magic!) was a big fat ‘NO’ to the soldiers, even the machinist/mechanics themselves. Coupled with overheating problems and weird ergonomics, a personified G11 would be a prim and proper [but awkward-looking] nerd, albeit one that requires high maintenance, and contracts heatstroke very easily. Another example are integrally suppressed weapons, such as, the VSS Vintorez and AS Val. They would permanently have weak/soft voices, including weak strength and stopping power compared to ordinary unsuppressed weapons. Also, integrally suppressed weapons use special subsonic munitions - They CANNOT use ordinary munition.
    - How does field stripping work? Piss off, ye legless wanker(s)!
    - Okay, what about the gun and gal themselves: Do they simply summon their weapons (i.e. Owari no Seraph), store them separately (i.e. Kancolle, Upotte!!, etc.), or a combination (i.e. Azur Lane)? Our lovely gungals can summon their weapons at will; however, Flatwoodlands has a zero-gun policy. You get caught carrying or using a gun anywhere other than training facilities or war, that’s an instant 10 year sentence behind bars (or 20 years for attempted murder, or 30 years for any degree of successful murder with a firearm). Point Augusta students will simply get scolded with a warning and detention, but if they hurt anyone with a firearm and without any good reason(s), they’ll be trialed and imprisoned as adults.
    - What if more than one gun shares the same ammunition as each other? Good question. That means they can eat the same food with no consequences. For example, the AR15/M16s, FAMAS, CETME-L, G36, L85, HK33, SCAR, FNC, F2000, Steyr Scout and AUG, Sako, Galil, AK-101, QBZ-97, and INSAS share the same 5.56x45mm munition. Now, imagine them being able to eat from the same bowl of soup or drink from the same cup with no ill effects.
    - What about part interchangeability and commonality? That means they can wear most if not all the same clothes as each other. Internally, they would also have identical blood types and innards. For example, AKs and ARs/M16s have a high degree of interchangeability with their appropriate family rifles. Aside from different bore dimensions and modernisation updates, AK47s, AKMs, AK74s, AK74ms, AKSUs, and other AK models share the same barrel, iron sights, trigger group, gas piston, and springs. The same applies for ARs/M16s.
Last edited by Flatwoodlands on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 24 times in total.
FilmWood | Homepage | Education | Embassy Program | RP Index

PMT-FFT federal dominant-party parliamentary republic under a semi-direct e-democracy in a post HL2/GMOD setting mixed with countless other universes via fragments in time and space in between

I, Flatwoodlands, stand for every civil and political right in existence, including basic freedoms, dignity, and determination, plus free will, individualism, and liberty, as long as responsibility is maintained

Freedom is a right for everyone and everything when exercised responsibly and wisely - only fools believe freedom is an illusion and only cowards believe freedom can allow them to commit crimes unpunished

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:16 pm

Updates

Links

Application
Code: Select all
[i][b]Name[/b][/i]: (What is her phonetic name? i.e. Elle = L85A1)
[i][b]Designation[/b][/i]: (What is she called in real life? i.e. Ichiroku = M16; lit. “One Six”)
[i][b]Appearance[/b][/i]: (Verbal description and url link to ref pic, please. Remember, appropriate the weapon’s size and shape. For example, battle rifles are highschoolers; assault rifles are middleschoolers; SMGs are preschoolers. Shotguns can be either, however, depending on their size and shape. Additionally, for instance, look at Steyr AUG; short hair/barrel is her shy and timid persona, while long hair/barrel is her aggressive and sharp persona.)
———
[i][b]Country of Origin[/b][/i]: (Country name only)
[i][b]Cartridge[/b][/i]: (No larger than 12.7x99mm, and no sci-fi/fantasy ammo; however, caseless ammo is acceptable)
[i][b]Action[/b][/i]: (Gas, Recoil, or Blowback; what type of these actions?)
[i][b]Classification[/b][/i]: (SMG, Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, or Shotgun)
[i][b]Height[/b][/i]: (mm)
[i][b]Weight[/b][/i]: (kg)
[i][b]Length(s)[/b][/i]: (mm; extended and folded; or fixed)
[i][b]Fire rate[/b][/i]: (rpm)
[i][b]Feed system[/b][/i]: (No drum mags, please)
[i][b]Sights[/b][/i]: (No IR based optics, please)
[i][b]Produced[/b][/i]: (If applicable)
[i][b]Appearance[/b][/i]: (Url link to ref pic)
———
[i][b]Family[/b][/i]: (Does she have a parent or sister design? Derivatives/Cousins?)
[i][b]Affiliation[/b][/i]: (Who did she fight for? Special forces? Police? Civilian? Etc.)
———
[i][b]History[/b][/i]: (How was she conceived, designed, built, and used IRL?)
[i][b]Confirmation[/b][/i]: (What SHALT you do? Hint…)

Point Augusta Campus
Situated off the coast of New Port Augusta, Point Augusta was originally a Combine stronghold until the Aurora Borealis Event. For years, the stronghold was abandoned, its defense and electronic systems devastated from the Event. In the late 2040s, however, its largely sunken and derelict ruins were rediscovered by local fishermen of the then-young town of New Port Augusta.

Three decades later, the stronghold was reborn as an artificial floating city, a mere extension of the now bustling seaside city of New Port Augusta. Connected by a passenger-freight monorail line to the mainland, Point Augusta is another example of humanity’s phoenix rise from the ashes. Built with a combination of Russian, Japanese, and Dutch city planning, colossal apartment blocks dominate the island, hiding businesses, offices, and parks below; however, deep within its core is the Point Augusta Education Complex (aka, the PAECOM).

Within the PAECOM are three institutions: Public School, University, and Military Academy.

The story is largely focused on the Point Augusta Public School itself. It is a three storey H-shaped building, which goes as followed:
  • This is the main/front entrance of the campus. Daytime students can freely board the bus, cycle, or walk to and from school through here; however, this is the first and last place nighttime students see between 6:00pm to 5:00am. The area is located on the east wing.
  • This is the back/rear area of the campus. This is the last place a nighttime student should be found - any nighttime student caught loitering or exiting through that area will be suspended or transferred to the daytime schedule. This area is only accessible to staff or delivery personnel. This area is located on the west wing.
  • This is the only way up or down - there are no lifts. There are two step shafts per side of the school; however, neither way is an exit except in emergency situations. Unlike other schools, you can freely run here and in the hallways; however, if you fall or sustained injuries, it’s an immediate trip to the infirmary or hospital.
  • This is the canteen. It is open after 12am, where supper/breakfast is served until 5am. The reverse is also true; it reopens again at 12pm and closes by 5pm. While the food is free, every month has a small and austere menu theme. For example, it’s soups and sandwiches this month - there are five choices of sandwiches or soups. This area is located on the west wing on the ground floor.
  • These are the club rooms. They are specially designed for clubs; however, they are also the perfect place for teachers to host lab classes. All the club rooms are located throughout the west wing. Unfortunately, club rooms are only available for nighttime students.
  • This is the cricket field. This is a source of pride for PAECOM’s cricket team, the Augustan Blackjacks. It sits in between all three institutions, and is fenced together with them as well. It is also large enough to act as a track field, volleyball court, and soccer field for either school. Most importantly, this is where first period begins - every student begins their schoolday/schoolnight here.
  • This is the amphitheater. It comprises a quarter of the west wing, though it is large enough to house the entire student population on campus. They are also where seminars, performances, or exhibitions are held, but it also acts as a large lounge room for nighttime students. It is located above the canteen, with the computer lab upstairs.
  • This is the computer lab. It acts as both a study hall, and the only place where students can use the Flatwoodland intranet without consequences; however, this area is only accessible to nighttime students.
  • This is the urban landscape training ground called, The Ruins. These were the originally Combine ruins, now filled over with dense concrete and rebar. Normally accessible to the adjacent military academy, this area is open to the public school itself, where our precious gungirls will be sent to settle their disputes or assist in military lectures. This area is located between the military academy and public school.
Beyond the schools, there is the surrounding college town itself. Here are its notable locations:
  • These are the apartment blocks. They are ubiquitous throughout the island. All apartment blocks have their own courtyard, most often for children and pets to mingle around alongside adults. Adjacent to them are shops (no superstores), vending machines, offices, and parks. The only modes of transportation to and from these areas are walking, cycling, or bus.
(MORE COMING SOON)
Last edited by Flatwoodlands on Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:49 am, edited 7 times in total.

PMT-FFT federal dominant-party parliamentary republic under a semi-direct e-democracy in a post HL2/GMOD setting mixed with countless other universes via fragments in time and space in between

I, Flatwoodlands, stand for every civil and political right in existence, including basic freedoms, dignity, and determination, plus free will, individualism, and liberty, as long as responsibility is maintained

Freedom is a right for everyone and everything when exercised responsibly and wisely - only fools believe freedom is an illusion and only cowards believe freedom can allow them to commit crimes unpunished

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:27 pm

Hi, Flatwoodlands,
glad to see, that you're putting up your first RP. As someone, who recently binge-rewatched the show, I am of course right along for the ride!
However, I have a few questions:
    1. With no Upotte-characters, do you mean, that we should use original characters based on RL-weapons or do we have the freedom to pick firearms from our NS-Nations?
    2. In lieu with that, are there any limitations? For instance, are we only allowed to play ARs or can we also have battle rifles or SMGs or even any other type of firearm?
    3. Will there be a Japanese Teacher? (Read the human, who is the only human around in the Anime.)
    4. Is there any limit on the age of the rifle? In other words, could I apply with a Brown Bess Lookalike if I wanted? (An extreme example, I know.)

Thank you in advance!
Selks
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:47 pm

The Selkie wrote:Hi, Flatwoodlands,
glad to see, that you're putting up your first RP. As someone, who recently binge-rewatched the show, I am of course right along for the ride!
    1. With no Upotte-characters, do you mean, that we should use original characters based on RL-weapons or do we have the freedom to pick firearms from our NS-Nations?
    2. In lieu with that, are there any limitations? For instance, are we only allowed to play ARs or can we also have battle rifles or SMGs or even any other type of firearm?
    3. Will there be a Japanese Teacher? (Read the human, who is the only human around in the Anime.)
    4. Is there any limit on the age of the rifle? In other words, could I apply with a Brown Bess Lookalike if I wanted? (An extreme example, I know.)

Thank you in advance!
Selks

G’day, Selkie! Surprised to see you so soon.

• 1. The latter - You have the freedom to choose from your NS’s arsenal. I was going to include RL weapons, but most people know most if not all those guns now these days.
  • 2. One weapon per person; each gun is a girl. As for character limit, you can have three as the maximum limit.
  • 3. Yes - I will do it and the other NPCs.
  • 4. Antique weapons, such as, muskets, are out of the questions. Keep the weapon age within MT and PMT. Caseless ammo weapons are acceptable, including those with flechettes or sabot rounds. No energy or magic weapons, though - the former is too advanced while the latter is supernatural.

Feel free to ask more. I still got a few things to optimise and set.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:53 pm

Flatwoodlands wrote:
The Selkie wrote:Hi, Flatwoodlands,

Thank you in advance!
Selks

• 1. The latter - You have the freedom to choose from your NS’s arsenal. I was going to include RL weapons, but most people know most if not all those guns now these days.
  • 2. One weapon per person; each gun is a girl. As for character limit, you can have three as the maximum limit.
  • 4. Antique weapons, such as, muskets, are out of the questions. Keep the weapon age within MT and PMT. Caseless ammo weapons are acceptable, including those with flechettes or sabot rounds. No energy or magic weapons, though - the former is too advanced while the latter is supernatural.

Wonderful so far! I might have a few ideas already...
That being said with question 2, I meant to ask: Are we limited to a certain weapon type? After all, the schools are devided by category (Elementary-SMGs, Middle School ARs and High School Battle Rifles) and, to be honest, making one school RP is hard enough (trust me), three in one...
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:09 pm

The Selkie wrote:
Flatwoodlands wrote:

Wonderful so far! I might have a few ideas already...
That being said with question 2, I meant to ask: Are we limited to a certain weapon type? After all, the schools are devided by category (Elementary-SMGs, Middle School ARs and High School Battle Rifles) and, to be honest, making one school RP is hard enough (trust me), three in one...

It’s the same: SMGs are primary school, ARs are middle school, and BRs are secondary school.

Shotguns will be under their own separate building and category system.

Honestly, I’m not expecting many people to join at first. Primarily, I’m looking for AR characters. BRs, SMGs, and Shotguns are secondary, but it’ll be interesting to see.

If this RP builds enough momentum, however, I might appoint a Co-Op.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:09 pm

Flatwoodlands wrote:
The Selkie wrote:Wonderful so far! I might have a few ideas already...

It’s the same: SMGs are primary school, ARs are middle school, and BRs are secondary school.

Honestly, I’m not expecting many people to join at first. Primarily, I’m looking for AR characters. BRs, SMGs, and Shotguns are secondary, but it’ll be interesting to see.

Your wish shall be my command:
Name:
    Ramaha.
    Also frequently goes by Miss Ramaha, Rona Ramaha of the Tribe of Cork.
Designation:
Appearance:
———
Country of Origin:
    The Free Lands of the Selkie.
Cartridge:
    5x33 mm Caseless.
Action:
    Short-stroke piston, rotating bolt.
Classification:
    Assault Rifle.
Height:
    240 mm
Weight:
    2.7 kg without magazine.
Length(s):
    710-1030 mm (retractable stock).
Fire rate:
    700 rounds per minute.
Feed system:
    40 round detachable box magazine.
Sights:
    Iron, rail-mounted sights possible.
Produced:
    2040-2060s (planned).
Appearance:
———
Family:
    Not direct relatives (yet), but every Gungirl of Gabha considers the other a sibling, older or younger, including Grandma R-3.
Affiliation:
    Officially, she is employed by Gabha Blacksmiths Limited, the company producing her, but she is also quite fond of working with the Ionchoisne (domestic intelligence and security service).
———
History:
    See Wikia (soon, must still think something up).
Confirmation:
    Gun! No, Pun! Argh, Sun! Now I know: Fun! ; )

A bit of a PMT-Gun, taking you up on the caseless ammunition. Imagine her as the lovechild of the HK416 and the HK G11.

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:32 pm

The Selkie wrote:
Flatwoodlands wrote:

Name:
    Ramaha.
Designation:
Appearance:
———
Country of Origin:
Cartridge:
    5x33 mm Caseless.
Action:
Classification:
    Assault Rifle.
Height:
    240 mm
Weight:
    2.7 kg without magazine.
Length(s):
Fire rate:
    700 rounds per minute.
Feed system:
Sights:
Produced:
    2040-2060s (planned).
Appearance:
———
Family:
    Not direct relatives (yet), but every Gungirl of Gabha considers the other a sibling, older or younger, including Grandma R-3.
Affiliation:
    Officially, she is employed by Gabha Blacksmiths Limited, the company producing her, but she is also quite fond of working with the Ionchoisne (domestic intelligence and security service).
———
History:
Confirmation:

A bit of a PMT-Gun, taking you up on the caseless ammunition. Imagine her as the lovechild of the HK416 and the HK G11.

Accepted.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:29 am

Flatwoodlands wrote:
The Selkie wrote:
Name:
    Ramaha.
Designation:
Appearance:
———
Country of Origin:
Cartridge:
    5x33 mm Caseless.
Action:
Classification:
    Assault Rifle.
Height:
    240 mm
Weight:
    2.7 kg without magazine.
Length(s):
Fire rate:
    700 rounds per minute.
Feed system:
Sights:
Produced:
    2040-2060s (planned).
Appearance:
———
Family:
Affiliation:
———
History:
Confirmation:

Accepted.

Yay! Thank you very much.
Mind if I contact a few acquaintances?
Last edited by The Selkie on Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:07 am

The Selkie wrote:
Flatwoodlands wrote:
Accepted.

Yay! Thank you very much.
Mind if I contact a few acquaintances?

Shhh … not so loud … but yes.
Oh goodness, you just reminded me of something.

Here is a better pic of P25 (the actual gun).

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:18 am

In case any of you are curious, there is a reason for Flatwoodland schools being open 24/7.

You need to consider Flatwoodlands’ climate:
  • (Weather) - Flatwoodlands is a hot and humid place, and Point Augusta is no different. During the winter, it is cold and rainy, or snowy if you live in the mountains. During the summer, it is blazing hot, whether it’s clear or cloudy. Do expect the coastal winds, they will affect ballistics and the heat.
  • (Temperature) - Flatwoodlands is a place of climatic extremes. As of the summers, it is common for temperatures to reach triple digit during the day. At night, lowest temperatures at best are in the 70s; however, it’s in the 40s during the winter, sometimes the 30s if it’s raining. The spring or fall usually lands in between them, usually in the 90s at most.

So, would you like to do the daytime schedule, where you like to go home soon, enjoy some sunshine and freedom? Or would you like nighttime schedule, where it’s cooler and quieter, and you have more ammenities?

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:05 pm

Flatwoodlands wrote:In case any of you are curious, there is a reason for Flatwoodland schools being open 24/7.

• (Weather) - Flatwoodlands is a hot and humid place, and Point Augusta is no different. During the winter, it is cold and rainy, or snowy if you live in the mountains. During the summer, it is blazing hot, whether it’s clear or cloudy. Do expect the coastal winds, they will affect ballistics and the heat.
  • (Temperature) - Flatwoodlands is a place of climatic extremes. As of the summers, it is common for temperatures to reach triple digit during the day. At night, lowest temperatures at best are in the 70s; however, it’s in the 40s during the winter, sometimes the 30s if it’s raining. The spring or fall usually lands in between them, usually in the 90s at most.

So, would you like to do the daytime schedule, where you like to go home soon, enjoy some sunshine and freedom? Or would you like nighttime schedule, where it’s cooler and quieter, and you have more ammenities?

Daytime.
Also, the temperatures are in Fahrenheit?

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:29 pm

The Selkie wrote:
Flatwoodlands wrote:In case any of you are curious, there is a reason for Flatwoodland schools being open 24/7.

Daytime.

Yes. (Especially for our American friends…)

Or in celsius, 32 to 35°C in the spring at highest, or in the summer on average. It’ll be 40 to 45°C throughout the summer, nonetheless.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:33 pm

Flatwoodlands wrote:
The Selkie wrote:
Daytime.

Or in celsius, 32 to 35°C in the spring at highest, or in the summer on average. It’ll be 40 to 45°C throughout the summer, nonetheless.

Ah, Australia... is there at least a lake one can swim in nearby?

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:44 pm

The Selkie wrote:
Flatwoodlands wrote:

The Flinders Sea.

You can take a trip on the monorail to New Port Augusta and head to its shores. It’s a 20 minute trip in either direction.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:46 pm

Flatwoodlands wrote:
The Selkie wrote:

The Flinders Sea.

You can take a trip on the monorail to New Port Augusta and head to its shores. It’s a 20 minute trip in either direction.

The images on Google look neat.

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:51 pm

The Selkie wrote:
Flatwoodlands wrote:
The Flinders Sea.

Here is a pic of the continent.

If you know where the Flinders Ranges are located, then … yep … that huge of body of water around it is the Flinders Sea.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:52 pm

Flatwoodlands wrote:
The Selkie wrote:

Here is a pic of the continent.

If you know where the Flinders Ranges are located, then … yep … that huge of body of water around it is the Flinders Sea.

I will take your word for it.

Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:54 pm

Are self-loading rifles considered antique too? (Think M1 Garland) IC-wise Laka still produces and uses them strictly for territorial’ reservists usage and for sale to civilians.
Last edited by Laka Strolistandiler on Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
||||||||||||||||||||
I am not a Russian but a Cameroonian born in this POS.
An autocratic semi feudal monarchy with elements of aristocracy. Society absurdly hierarchical, cosplaying Edwardian Britain. A British-ish colonial empire incorporating some partially democratic nations who just want some WMD’s
Pronouns up to your choice I can be a girl if I want to so refer to me as she/her.
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:03 pm

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:Are self-loading rifles considered antique too? (Think M1 Garland) IC-wise Laka still produces and uses them strictly for territorial’ reservists usage and for sale to civilians.

No, but they fall under Battle Rifles (secondary education graders).

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:25 pm

In fact, bolt action (i.e. Mauser, Springfield, Arisaka, Mosin-Nagant, etc) and lever action (i.e. Model 1895) rifles fall under the same category. Tread carefully with the latter, however, lest you’re using full size rifle munitions.

Kingdom Of The UN
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom Of The UN » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:01 pm

Name: (What is her phonetic name? i.e. Elle = L85A1) Ina "Ia" Tíz
Designation: (What is she called in real life? i.e. Ichiroku = M16; lit. “One Six”) IA-10

Appearance: (Verbal description and url link to ref pic, please. Remember, appropriate the weapon’s size and shape. For example, battle rifles are highschoolers; assault rifles are middleschoolers; SMGs are preschoolers. Shotguns can be either, however, depending on their size and shape. Additionally, for instance, look at Steyr AUG; short hair/barrel is her shy and timid persona, while long hair/barrel is her aggressive and sharp persona.)
height of 5'7, dark long black hair in a pony tail, blue eyes, scar on her left eye
———

Country of Origin: (Country name only) Lisamia
Cartridge: (No larger than 12.7x99mm, and no sci-fi/fantasy ammo; however, caseless ammo is acceptable) 7.62x39 mm
Action: (Gas, Recoil, or Blowback; what type of these actions?) recoil
Classification: (SMG, Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, or Shotgun) Assault Rifle
Height: (mm) 415mm
Weight: (kg) 3.5 kg
Length(s): (mm; extended and folded; or fixed) 685-950 (folded)
[i]Fire rate[/i]: (rpm) 725 rpm
Feed system: (No drum mags, please) 35 box magazine
Sights: (No IR based optics, please) iron sights (Can mount other sights)
Produced: (If applicable) 2010-present
Appearance: (Url link to ref pic)

———
Family: (Does she have a parent or sister design? Derivatives/Cousins?) Her grandmother volkssturmgewehr, then her mother being the IA-48 (I have no reference pictures of any of these weapons I am completely sorry)
Affiliation: (Who did she fight for? Special forces? Police? Civilian? Etc.) Armed Forces
———
History: (How was she conceived, designed, built, and used IRL?) Sometime while Lisamia Intentionally was using it's arsenal of the type 64 battle rifle and ak 12 for the longest time. The problem was with these rifles they were starting to feel unreliable for Lisamia, with rising tensions with the Georgian-Russian war and just wrapping up the Lisamian-Iranian war something had to change. Lisamia began looking at designs with the help of Invicta Corp. This corporation has been around for centuries before and has been the biggest arms manufacturer in Lisamia, so with them on board they went to working on designs. They looked at designs from Ak's to M4's but none seemed to acquire a taste for, then they started to look back on older designs from back in the day. In the 1930's Lisamia acquired documents from Germany on a weapon named the volkssturmgewehr, this was a semi auto rifle with a long 30 round magazine. When they got the designs they got to work on the new weapon they called the IA-37, then after WW2 they seen the many of problems of the weapon and decided to improve on it. First they shortened the magazine, next they made it automatic, and they improved the stock and barrel as well. In 1948 it was complete, the IA-48 which was the new and improved rifle that Lisamia would use up until the 80's. Then the gun would be used in the civilian market. When they looked at the designs of the IA-48 they decided to improve on it once more with better iron sights, improve rate of fire, accuracy, magazine size again, and better stock. Soon they created the IA-10 and began using it. The IA-10 has seen serve in fighting in the last days of the Iran conflict and then when rebellions took place like in Sri Lanka. Then in a coup in 2017 it was used again to overthrow the government, then sadly it began to be used less thanks to the creations of the IA-17, but this wasn't the end however, because a conflict in Central Europe occurred and the IA-10 saw action again, the operator however was wounded (during the Battle of Bratislava one of the bloodiest in the war) which can be seen on the left eye. Soon the conflict ended and now its like they have been over shadowed by the newer IA-17, which has spark a sort of rebellious phase.
Confirmation: (What SHALT you do? Hint…) Have fun!
Last edited by Kingdom Of The UN on Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flatwoodlands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatwoodlands » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:56 pm

Kingdom Of The UN wrote:Name: (What is her phonetic name? i.e. Elle = L85A1) Ina "Ia" Tíz
Designation: (What is she called in real life? i.e. Ichiroku = M16; lit. “One Six”) IA-10
——— (She has short hair its just hard to see)

Cartridge: (No larger than 12.7x99mm, and no sci-fi/fantasy ammo; however, caseless ammo is acceptable) 7.62x39 mm
Fire rate: (rpm) 725 rpm
Appearance: (Url link to ref pic) https://i.imgur.com/ZU0xHqW.png
———
Family: (Does she have a parent or sister design? Derivatives/Cousins?) Her grandmother volkssturmgewehr, then her mother being the IA-48 (I have no reference pictures of any of these weapons I am completely sorry)
——— Armed Forces
History: (How was she conceived, designed, built, and used IRL?) During the time of the Georgian-Russian war and the end of the Lisamian-Iranian war, not wanting to support Russia by using the Ak-12 anymore. Lisamia began designing the weapon in 2008 and then after multiple tests started building the IA-10 in 2010. It has been the main rifle for the armed forces of Lisamia ever since then.

Good entry; however, there are a few problems:
  • 1). Everything in brackets. It's only there to indicate the purpose and perimeters of each category. Rid those and it will look much cleaner.
  • 2). Appearances. The first 'Appearance' is how your personified gungal appears. For the sake of compactness, I require all applicants to include a verbal description and url link. As for the second 'Appearance', it should only be the gun itself, not the gal herself. Simply put it, remove the images.
  • 3). Your weapon's history. It's more of a summary than the tale of its development, designing, construction, and service. Refer to my example or other weapons for inspiration.

Once you fix those, I'll give you another shot. :)

Kingdom Of The UN
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom Of The UN » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:20 pm

Flatwoodlands wrote:
Kingdom Of The UN wrote:Name: (What is her phonetic name? i.e. Elle = L85A1) Ina "Ia" Tíz
——— (She has short hair its just hard to see)

Fire rate: (rpm) 725 rpm
Appearance: (Url link to ref pic) https://i.imgur.com/ZU0xHqW.png
———
——— Armed Forces
History: (How was she conceived, designed, built, and used IRL?) During the time of the Georgian-Russian war and the end of the Lisamian-Iranian war, not wanting to support Russia by using the Ak-12 anymore. Lisamia began designing the weapon in 2008 and then after multiple tests started building the IA-10 in 2010. It has been the main rifle for the armed forces of Lisamia ever since then.

Good entry; however, there are a few problems:
  • 1). Everything in brackets. It's only there to indicate the purpose and perimeters of each category. Rid those and it will look much cleaner.
  • 2). Appearances. The first 'Appearance' is how your personified gungal appears. For the sake of compactness, I require all applicants to include a verbal description and url link. As for the second 'Appearance', it should only be the gun itself, not the gal herself. Simply put it, remove the images.
  • 3). Your weapon's history. It's more of a summary than the tale of its development, designing, construction, and service. Refer to my example or other weapons for inspiration.

Once you fix those, I'll give you another shot. :)

Wanna look at it again to see if its any better?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse