NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]Banning the Use of Mercury as a Propellant Additive

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rho Ophiuchi
Attaché

Founded: Apr 26, 2021
Capitalizt

Postby Rho Ophiuchi » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:42 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:"I've forwarded a suggested rewrite of the operative clause to your desk," Leo says as one of the interns quietly drops a piece of paper on the Ophiuchian desk before shuffling quietly back to Leo's side. "This would eliminate the use of certain silly loopholes based on mercury compounds, as well as nipping in the bud the nitpickers saying 'nuh-uh, this here's a long range missile system!' or whatever they decide to call their vehicle. These changes might eventually result in a bottom-up rewrite of the whole sentence just to be less awkward, but there's nothing sad in that."

Hello,

Thank you so much for your suggestions! You raise some valid points, which made me reconsider my wording on multiple sentences. I would however not like to ban the use of mercury in electric propulsion, but your point about the phrasing was good.

As such I will probably be doing a bottom-up rewrite of the last sentence to remove potential loopholes in the near future. Thank you again for your advice!

Sincerely,
Rho Ophiuchi
Last edited by Rho Ophiuchi on Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,
Rho Ophiuchi
WA puppet: Toaster Head Nation
NS stats are canon, but population and GDP are 10x lower for realism

Anne of Cleves in TNP
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 12, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Anne of Cleves in TNP » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:16 am

“Ambassador, I support this proposal in principle, since it would be terrible if her highness Anne of Cleves III gets mercury poisoning anytime soon. However, and I’m not sure if other ambassadors will agree, I feel that you should at least add two more operative clauses to balance the number of preamble clauses and operative clauses.”
-Ms. Charlotte Schafer, WA Ambassador for the Clevesian Empire
IC Name: The Clevesian Empire
Capital: New Cleves
Leader: Empress Anne of Cleves III
Failed WA Proposals: “Repeal: Comfortable Pillows for All Protocol”
IC WA Minister: Lady Charlotte Schafer
“This is the part where you run from your proposal.”

West Barack and East Obama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:00 pm

Dr Justin Obama, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs: I'm pretty sure the damage caused by short range missiles themselves is far more harmful than mercury in the atmosphere. Why don't we just ban the whole thing?
Sonnel is the place.

6x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:58 pm

West Barack and East Obama wrote:Dr Justin Obama, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs: I'm pretty sure the damage caused by short range missiles themselves is far more harmful than mercury in the atmosphere. Why don't we just ban the whole thing?

No. No. No.

On the topic of the proposal itself, I give my support.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Rho Ophiuchi
Attaché

Capitalizt

Postby Rho Ophiuchi » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:00 am

Anne of Cleves in TNP wrote:“Ambassador, I support this proposal in principle, since it would be terrible if her highness Anne of Cleves III gets mercury poisoning anytime soon. However, and I’m not sure if other ambassadors will agree, I feel that you should at least add two more operative clauses to balance the number of preamble clauses and operative clauses.”

Hello Ms. Schafer,

Thank you for your support. After consideration of your advice, the number of preamble and operative clauses has been equalized. Thank you for your input.

Sincerely,
Rho Ophiuchi
West Barack and East Obama wrote:Dr Justin Obama, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs: I'm pretty sure the damage caused by short range missiles themselves is far more harmful than mercury in the atmosphere. Why don't we just ban the whole thing?

Hello Dr. Obama,

Such a ban would be incredibly strict, and would be unbecoming of a relative newcomer on the international stage such as myself, not to mention likely to anger a wide variety of other nations.

Sincerely,
Rho Ophiuchi
The Orwell Society wrote:No. No. No.

On the topic of the proposal itself, I give my support.

Hello The Orwell Society,

Rho Ophiuchi kindly thanks you for your support.

Sincerely,
Rho Ophiuchi
Sincerely,
Rho Ophiuchi

Anne of Cleves in TNP
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 12, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Anne of Cleves in TNP » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:03 am

“Considering the new balance between the preamble and operative clauses, the Clevesian Empire is fully supporting.”
IC Name: The Clevesian Empire
Capital: New Cleves
Leader: Empress Anne of Cleves III
Failed WA Proposals: “Repeal: Comfortable Pillows for All Protocol”
IC WA Minister: Lady Charlotte Schafer
“This is the part where you run from your proposal.”

Rho Ophiuchi
Attaché

Capitalizt

Postby Rho Ophiuchi » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:29 am

Hello,

I am just bumping this thread. If anyone else has any opinions on the legality of this proposal I would love to hear them.
Sincerely,
Rho Ophiuchi

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly