NATION

PASSWORD

Does anyone know about any website about time related to NS?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Vavlar
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Does anyone know about any website about time related to NS?

Postby Vavlar » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:42 am

So I have lost a few puppets as I was inactive studying for finals. I seem to have lost a few puppets and I would like to know if there is any website or tool that is legal to use so I can see what puppets were ever in the region.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:44 am

Just check the graveyard
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Vavlar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vavlar » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:47 am

The Orwell Society wrote:Just check the graveyard

But after a certain amount of activity time, the puppet's names will disappear and not be recoverable.

Fjg
Civilian

Founded: May 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Fjg » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:51 am

Luckily some of them did not disappear.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:38 pm

Vavlar wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:Just check the graveyard

But after a certain amount of activity time, the puppet's names will disappear and not be recoverable.

Why? A nation that you do not log into for four weeks will cease to exist. If those nations have a population below 500 million and have not been logged into for five or more years - and I am confident that you have not been playing NS since early 2017 - then those nations will be released for anyone to register.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:14 pm

I keep my puppets listed, with details including when they were last logged-in & whether they are in vacation mode, in an Excel file.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Chingis
Events Manager

Founded: Apr 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chingis » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:17 pm

Bears Armed wrote:I keep my puppets listed, with details including when they were last logged-in & whether they are in vacation mode, in an Excel file.

Thanks, that's great to hear!
Last edited by Chingis on Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:lol
My TGs are not for Mod business

Spode Humbled Minions
Envoy

Founded: May 13, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Spode Humbled Minions » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:16 pm

Vavlar wrote:So I have lost a few puppets as I was inactive studying for finals. I seem to have lost a few puppets and I would like to know if there is any website or tool that is legal to use so I can see what puppets were ever in the region.

You can check to see if there was an archive snapshot taken during the period when your puppets were still achieve, but it's a bit of a shot in the dark on whether or not there'd be a archive taken, and if your puppets appeared on that archive should it exist.
"Sadly we do not have seven plagues to soften your hardened heart"
“Your existing state of mind is at caress to apocalypse.”

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:50 pm

Bears Armed wrote:I keep my puppets listed, with details including when they were last logged-in & whether they are in vacation mode, in an Excel file.

Genuine question, why wouldn't you keep your puppets in Vacation mode?
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:59 pm

Vavlar wrote:So I have lost a few puppets as I was inactive studying for finals. I seem to have lost a few puppets and I would like to know if there is any website or tool that is legal to use so I can see what puppets were ever in the region.

Bit of a long shot, but you could try using the Wayback Machine to get a snapshot of the region page from a while ago. It might help.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:00 pm

Venico wrote:

Genuine question, why wouldn't you keep your puppets in Vacation mode?

Considering BA answers issues frequently on their puppets to my knowledge, I suspect that’d be why, since vacation disables receiving issues.

Vavlar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vavlar » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:10 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:

Bit of a long shot, but you could try using the Wayback Machine to get a snapshot of the region page from a while ago. It might help.

But doesn't it require human input?

Warden Nakari
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Warden Nakari » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:22 pm

You can check old data dumps from dates when the puppets were alive (https://www.nationstates.net/page=archive). All regions are listed, so you can just search for a region and look at the list of nations in it. If you can't, feel free to give me the region and a date they were alive, and I can get you a list of all the nations there at that time.
Last edited by Warden Nakari on Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vavlar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vavlar » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:37 pm

Warden Nakari wrote:

You can check old data dumps from dates when the puppets were alive (https://www.nationstates.net/page=archive). All regions are listed, so you can just search for a region and look at the list of nations in it. If you can't, feel free to give me the region and a date they were alive, and I can get you a list of all the nations there at that time.

Thank you :)

Edit: Help that tab is lagging
Last edited by Vavlar on Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warden Nakari
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Warden Nakari » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:55 am

Vavlar wrote:
Warden Nakari wrote:

Thank you :)

Edit: Help that tab is lagging

Yeah, the files and page itself are pretty big cause they save all the info on NS. Depends on how strong your PC is, but it can take a few minutes at least to load.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay