NATION

PASSWORD

SUBMITTED: Never Fly With Children or Animals

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

SUBMITTED: Never Fly With Children or Animals

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:36 pm

[title] Never Fly With Children or Animals

[validity] pets and planes are allowed

[desc] On a flight from @@ANIMAL@@ City to Greenville, a passenger made the news by squealing throughout the whole flight, running amuck and even bitting into an other passenger’s halal meal. The passenger in question was Rowan Oinkenson, an emotional support pig, bringing to your office the question of whether or not animals should be allowed in the main cabin of planes

[option] "The audicity of some people!" complains @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, a passenger who flew with her 2 year old son on that flight. "I was changing Richard's nappy on the tray table when that swine went and pooed on the clean one! And its squealing was so loud that there was an entire 20 minutes which drowned out Richard's 4 hour crying session! Pet owners can’t be trusted to take their pets on board planes. Ban animals from the cabin!"
[effect] screaming crying babies are considered better behaved than quiet dogs

[option] "You're one to talk!" suggests @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, who brought her dog on board “Instead of keeping him in his place, your actions with regards to your little Richard were quite inappropriate. Meanwhile Rex was on his best behaviour! Isn't that right Rexy? Good boy! Good boy! Anyway, If anything, kids, not animals should be banned from planes!"
[effect] pigs will fly before children are allowed on aeroplanes

[option] "How frightfully rude, the lot of you!" complains @@RANDOMMALENAME@@! Yet another passenger on the flight "My mother didn't pay for me to take my 4th ski trip of the season for my flight to be ruined by misbehaved swine nor misbehaved children. If the masses desire to fly with their children and animals, they should be assigned their own flights, and leave the rest of us to our own flights!"
[effect] some plane cabins are louder than the engines whilst others resemble libraries

cabin
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:59 am

The topic of support animals being allowed on planes is possibly a good one for an NS issue, in my opinion. However, in order to make this topic being of concern for the government, rather than the airlines, I suggest that you imply that an aircraft crashed because of an animal.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:13 am

Baggieland wrote:The topic of support animals being allowed on planes is possibly a good one for an NS issue, in my opinion. However, in order to make this topic being of concern for the government, rather than the airlines, I suggest that you imply that an aircraft crashed because of an animal.

This issue is about "whether or not animals should be allowed in the main cabin of planes." Given that plane hijackings have been reduced to almost zero since the doors between the cabin and the cockpit were hardened across all airlines, how do you suggest that this humble pig in "the main cabin" somehow contrived to crash the plane? Mike Tyson punched some random guy who smack-talked him on a plane the other week and it made the news; it is not inconceivable that a pig destroying others' belongings in the cabin would be similarly newsworthy or hence worthy of @@LEADER@@'s attention.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:38 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Baggieland wrote:The topic of support animals being allowed on planes is possibly a good one for an NS issue, in my opinion. However, in order to make this topic being of concern for the government, rather than the airlines, I suggest that you imply that an aircraft crashed because of an animal.

This issue is about "whether or not animals should be allowed in the main cabin of planes." Given that plane hijackings have been reduced to almost zero since the doors between the cabin and the cockpit were hardened across all airlines, how do you suggest that this humble pig in "the main cabin" somehow contrived to crash the plane? Mike Tyson punched some random guy who smack-talked him on a plane the other week and it made the news; it is not inconceivable that a pig destroying others' belongings in the cabin would be similarly newsworthy or hence worthy of @@LEADER@@'s attention.

I'm sorry Baggie, but I have to go with Timhampton here. The only way that a pig could crash a plane is by entering the cockpit. Considering that it's impossible for a human to deliberately access the cockpit without authorisation, a pig certainly wouldn't be able to enter it by accident. Yes, of coarse it's an airline issue, however, it's ultimately the government that makes laws with regards to who's allowed in the main cabin of a plane

Besides: this is based on real life precident

https://www.porkbusiness.com/news/indus ... disability.
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:31 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Yes, of coarse it's an airline issue, however, it's ultimately the government that makes laws with regards to who's allowed in the main cabin of a plane

Fair enough. Carry on.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:34 am

bump

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:16 am

Last call

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:18 am

Submitted

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?