NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Bye Bye Binary Bathrooms

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Kiddian States
Envoy

Founded: Dec 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Bye Bye Binary Bathrooms

Postby Kiddian States » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:27 pm

After your administration declared that there are more than two genders, many non-binary rights activists have realized that the nations public bathroom are still separated into men’s and women’s. After being pressured by the LGBTQ+ community, you have decided to hold a meeting to discuss this glaring hole in your policy.

Invalid for all nations that have banned non-binary people

Option 21
Civil rights activist @@RANDOMNAME@@ takes a pink feathered boa out of @@HIS@@ purse and puts it on. “I think there’s a simple solution that we’re all forgetting. Why have separated bathrooms anyway? I mean, it’s basically segregation! Alright, sure, if we made all bathrooms gender-neutral, there’d be more charges of sexual assault and such, but we’re talking equality, not crime prevention! Do you want to be like Blackacre, @@LEADER@@?”

Option 2
Your Minister of Equality tears off his face. Except, instead of your minister, it’s actually noted ‘family rights activist’, @@RANDOMNAME@@ in disguise. “See how complicated it gets when you allow people to think there are more than two genders? Just think, @@LEADER@@, this problem would completely vanish if you banned those non-binary freaks.” @@HE@@ dives out the window after your security rushes to apprehend @@HIM@@

@@NAME@@ has adopted an anti-neutrality policy

Option 3
LGBTQ rights activist, @@RANDOMNAME@@ tosses the pink feathered boa in the trash before speaking. “@@LEADER@@, I think you’ve made it clear that the @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ government recognizes more than two genders. It only makes sense that there’d be restrooms for all genders. Of course, it’s not as easy as just adding a non-binary bathroom—there are lots more genders than that, after all—but I think that a little bit of renovation is a small price to pay for equality. Don’t worry, though, I’m not suggesting full-fledged restrooms for every gender—some would hardly get used—just a couple of stalls for the more obscure genders.”

@@NAME@@ is famous for their hundred-room public bathrooms

After your administration declared that there are more than two genders, many non-binary rights activists have realized that the nations public bathroom are still separated into men’s and women’s. After being pressured by the LGBTQ+ community, you have decided to hold a meeting to discuss this glaring hole in your policy.

Invalid for all nations that have banned non-binary people

Option 1
LGBTQ rights activist, @@RANDOMNAME@@ tosses a pink feathered boa in the trash before speaking. “@@LEADER@@, I think you’ve made it clear that the @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ government recognizes more than two genders. It only makes sense that there’d be restrooms for all genders. Of course, it’s not as easy as just adding a non-binary bathroom—there are lots more genders than that, after all—but I think that a little bit of renovation is a small price to pay for equality. And some public restrooms need it, too. Like the one in the gas station I stopped at on my way here.” @@HE@@ looks visibly repulsed

@@NAME@@ is famous for their hundred-room public bathrooms

Option 2
Civil rights activist @@RANDOMNAME@@ hastily grabs the boa out of the trash, dusts it off, then dons it. “I think there’s a simple solution that we’re all forgetting. Why have separated bathrooms anyway? I mean, it’s basically segregation! Alright, sure, if we made all bathrooms gender-neutral, there’d be more charges of sexual assault and such, but we’re talking equality, not crime prevention! At least this way, we wouldn’t have to expand pretty much every public building.”

Option 3
Your Minister of Equality tears off his face. Except, instead of your minister, it’s actually noted ‘family rights activist’, @@RANDOMNAME@@ in disguise. “See how complicated it gets when you allow people to think there are more than two genders? Just think, @@LEADER@@, this problem would completely vanish if you banned those non-binary freaks.” @@HE@@ dives out the window after your security rushes to apprehend @@HIM@@

01001110 01000010 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100010 01100001 01101110 01101110 01100101 01100100
Last edited by Kiddian States on Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————
Join Suns Reach! A fun community with quality roleplaying!

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:12 pm

Before you say anything, yes, I know the title sucks, it’s a placeholder. Titles are hard
I’d be happy to take suggestions
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

Krogon
Envoy

Founded: May 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:32 am

Although the last effect line is clever in that it's binary, I'm not sure it would fit in the game as an effect line.

Also, I'm guessing you meant "instead of your minister," instead of "it's your minister."

Not sure I totally get the joke of why the last person has a mask on though...are you riffing on the fact that transgender people dress as their preferred gender?

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:08 am

Krogon wrote:Although the last effect line is clever in that it's binary, I'm not sure it would fit in the game as an effect line.

Also, I'm guessing you meant "instead of your minister," instead of "it's your minister."

Not sure I totally get the joke of why the last person has a mask on though...are you riffing on the fact that transgender people dress as their preferred gender?

Yeah, I figured

Oh, sorry, I changed that part half way through writing it

This was meant to say that the person wasn’t invited, they showed up in disguise so they could be in on the decision. It has nothing to to with being trans
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

Vuisner
Civilian

Founded: May 31, 2022
Ex-Nation

Can I redo an issue?

Postby Vuisner » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:30 am

I accidentally selected the wrong option and now I’m very annoyed

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:58 am

Vuisner wrote:I accidentally selected the wrong option and now I’m very annoyed

…wrong page, I think
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

Krogon
Envoy

Founded: May 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:11 pm

[/quote]
This was meant to say that the person wasn’t invited, they showed up in disguise so they could be in on the decision. It has nothing to to with being trans[/quote]

perhaps make this a little more evident :)

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:18 pm

Gender-neutral toilets, even in nations that recognise multiple genders, are
A: few and far between and
B: not typically installed to cater specifically for the needs of the non-binary population.

Why is this an issue for @@LEADER@@ rather than whoever maintains the public bathrooms, other than "being pressured by the LGBTQ+ community?"

Why does the speaker in Option 1 want bathrooms for every gender? This is not the case even in the most tolerant workplaces.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:28 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Gender-neutral toilets, even in nations that recognise multiple genders, are
A: few and far between and
B: not typically installed to cater specifically for the needs of the non-binary population.

Why is this an issue for @@LEADER@@ rather than whoever maintains the public bathrooms, other than "being pressured by the LGBTQ+ community?"

Why does the speaker in Option 1 want bathrooms for every gender? This is not the case even in the most tolerant workplaces.

I’m aware, it just seems rather contradictory to officially recognize more than two genders, and then have a very binary bathroom system. Also, there doesn’t have to be an irl precedent for an issue.
As for why it’s an issue for Leader, LGBTQ rights activists would try to go to whoever would be able to change the system across the nation, rather than like 5 maximum public restrooms. The group who has that power is the government, and for simplicity’s sake, they’d be in charge of making that change
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:42 pm

Edited
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

West Barack and East Obama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:15 am

Which nation is choosing the first option? That’s simply insane.
Sonnel is the place.

6x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:29 am

Please include an option with regards to urinals
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:58 am

Also, there could be more interesting storyline leading to how this became a national issue- women often avoid the queues to the toilet by going to the men's toilets, but the one time that men go into the women's toilets to avoid queues, they're labeled as perverts. That would be a far more interesting storyline than people randomly deciding to have gender neutral toilets. Now, of coarse, the main issue could still be centred around LGBT issues, but my idea would be for storytelling purposes

. This could also lead to an interesting follow up issue of whether this applies to new toilets or if old ones have to be retrofitted
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:37 am

Watch for major overlap with #538, which is more of an issue about women, but the theming and some of the options are very, very similar.

Australian rePublic wrote:Please include an option with regards to urinals

Why?
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:45 am

Ko-oren wrote:Watch for major overlap with #538, which is more of an issue about women, but the theming and some of the options are very, very similar.

Australian rePublic wrote:Please include an option with regards to urinals

Why?

Because it adds an interesting angle to this issue, and besides, it's something that is commonly discussed when it comes to genderless toilets IRL. Besides, it's something that'll inevitably come up. When designing new toilets, do you build them without urinals, which would take up more space, waste more water and be take longer to clean? Do you build them with existing urinal designs, which would mean fewer toilets for women, or something else? Those discussions are inevitable. Not to mention what happens to the urinals in former men's toilets when they're converted. Again, invitable.
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:11 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Ko-oren wrote:Watch for major overlap with #538, which is more of an issue about women, but the theming and some of the options are very, very similar.

Why?

Because it adds an interesting angle to this issue, and besides, it's something that is commonly discussed when it comes to genderless toilets IRL. Besides, it's something that'll inevitably come up. When designing new toilets, do you build them without urinals, which would take up more space, waste more water and be take longer to clean? Do you build them with existing urinal designs, which would mean fewer toilets for women, or something else? Those discussions are inevitable. Not to mention what happens to the urinals in former men's toilets when they're converted. Again, invitable.

I see your point, but I think that’d be better for a follow-up issue. After all, it has little to do with the issue at hand
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:00 pm

Kiddian States wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Because it adds an interesting angle to this issue, and besides, it's something that is commonly discussed when it comes to genderless toilets IRL. Besides, it's something that'll inevitably come up. When designing new toilets, do you build them without urinals, which would take up more space, waste more water and be take longer to clean? Do you build them with existing urinal designs, which would mean fewer toilets for women, or something else? Those discussions are inevitable. Not to mention what happens to the urinals in former men's toilets when they're converted. Again, invitable.

I see your point, but I think that’d be better for a follow-up issue. After all, it has little to do with the issue at hand

Carry on

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:02 pm

There could be more interesting storyline leading to how this became a national issue- women often avoid the queues to the toilet by going to the men's toilets, but the one time that men go into the women's toilets to avoid queues, they're labeled as perverts. That would be a far more interesting storyline than people randomly deciding to have gender neutral toilets. Now, of coarse, the main issue could still be centred around LGBT issues, but my idea would be for storytelling purposes

. This could also lead to an interesting follow up issue of whether this applies to new toilets or if old ones have to be retrofitted

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:41 pm

Kiddian States wrote:Option 2
Civil rights activist @@RANDOMNAME@@ hastily grabs the boa out of the trash, dusts it off, then dons it. “I think there’s a simple solution that we’re all forgetting. Why have separated bathrooms anyway? I mean, it’s basically segregation! Alright, sure, if we made all bathrooms gender-neutral, there’d be more charges of sexual assault and such, but we’re talking equality, not crime prevention! At least this way, we wouldn’t have to expand pretty much every public building.”

Why is this person saying there would be more charges of sexual assault? That undermines his own position.

01001110 01000010 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100010 01100001 01101110 01101110 01100101 01100100

I think this is a no-go because it does not make sense out of context on the nation page.

This is worth thinking about, but not a dealbreaker IMO. The reason that sparked the debate is different.
Last edited by USS Monitor on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:05 am

Title idea: Bye Bye Binary Bathrooms

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:18 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Title idea: Bye Bye Binary Bathrooms

Thank you so much!
I was getting tired of the placeholder =P
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

West Barack and East Obama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:13 am

I still don't understand anyone who would choose the first option. That's just not a realistic option at all.
Sonnel is the place.

6x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:47 am

Kiddian States wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Title idea: Bye Bye Binary Bathrooms

Thank you so much!

With the exception of the title, have you gotten around to updating it?

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:22 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Kiddian States wrote:Thank you so much!

With the exception of the title, have you gotten around to updating it?

I haven’t had the time, sorry
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:23 pm

West Barack and East Obama wrote:I still don't understand anyone who would choose the first option. That's just not a realistic option at all.

Well, if you prioritized equality over other things, you would
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?