NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Question

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Norse Inuit Union
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

[Q] Question

Postby Norse Inuit Union » Sun May 22, 2022 6:51 pm

I made a something out of legos a long time ago that is a fort for this nation and I was wondering if I could make a factbook on it that also includes a video on it. I know this site has rules against self advertising so I could make a link to it on google drive instead of YouTube and put it in my factbook. If neither options are ok I can always just post photos of it.
The Confederation of
The NIU
★Wiki Page★ | Political Parties | Military | Religion | Sites To Visit | FAQ | Confederities and Flags |
Lego NIU Fort I made
Discord is .dangis feel free to contact me (but give me a TG first). TGs are open.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sun May 22, 2022 6:59 pm

Norse Inuit Union wrote:I made a something out of legos a long time ago that is a fort for this nation and I was wondering if I could make a factbook on it that also includes a video on it. I know this site has rules against self advertising so I could make a link to it on google drive instead of YouTube and put it in my factbook. If neither options are ok I can always just post photos of it.

Advertisements: Advertising sites unrelated to NationStates is not permitted. If you really want an ad, contact the Admins, and purchase banner space. Advertisements for websites/forums directly related to Nationstates are allowed.

from here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=260044#001

seeing your comment as with the rule posting a picture/video of a Lego fort for your nation that you built doesn't seem to quantify as advertising an unrelated site. plus I along with just about every other player on here has used sites such as the now defunct Pimp my gun or another site called shipbucket to build ships or guns for a national factbooks but i would check here first before posting viewtopic.php?f=22&t=444417#DoDont or file a GHR here https://www.nationstates.net/page=help but the best advice I can think of is If your not sure don't post it
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Norse Inuit Union
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Norse Inuit Union » Sun May 22, 2022 7:20 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Norse Inuit Union wrote:I made a something out of legos a long time ago that is a fort for this nation and I was wondering if I could make a factbook on it that also includes a video on it. I know this site has rules against self advertising so I could make a link to it on google drive instead of YouTube and put it in my factbook. If neither options are ok I can always just post photos of it.

Advertisements: Advertising sites unrelated to NationStates is not permitted. If you really want an ad, contact the Admins, and purchase banner space. Advertisements for websites/forums directly related to Nationstates are allowed.

from here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=260044#001

seeing your comment as with the rule posting a picture/video of a Lego fort for your nation that you built doesn't seem to quantify as advertising an unrelated site. plus I along with just about every other player on here has used sites such as the now defunct Pimp my gun or another site called shipbucket to build ships or guns for a national factbooks but i would check here first before posting viewtopic.php?f=22&t=444417#DoDont or file a GHR here https://www.nationstates.net/page=help but the best advice I can think of is If your not sure don't post it

Thanks for your input and taking time to respond :)
The Confederation of
The NIU
★Wiki Page★ | Political Parties | Military | Religion | Sites To Visit | FAQ | Confederities and Flags |
Lego NIU Fort I made
Discord is .dangis feel free to contact me (but give me a TG first). TGs are open.

Dexterra
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Sun May 22, 2022 7:25 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote: i would check here first before posting viewtopic.php?f=22&t=444417#DoDont

That sticky is for the F&NI subforum as opposed to private factbooks, but I suppose it's a helpful resource anyhow.

That said, regarding the OP, along with the advertising guideline the site rules also say

"NS may not be used to promote products or services, with the exception of free products or services directly related to the site, such as a Discord channel for region members. Players may not post offers or requests of NS Store purchases or other cash-equivalent items in exchange for anything, including for joining or remaining resident in a region. For more information, see here."

Adding this just to emphasize that if the lego fort video is purely for factbook purposes as it seems, then - to me - it would be safest if kept 100% nationally-informational and brand-sanitized no matter what platform the video is hosted on

Gig em Aggies wrote:but the best advice I can think of is If your not sure don't post it

I'm only going to add for the OP that if you aren't sure on something, do research until you completely are. There is a wealth of helpful information available throughout the site entire. Best of luck
Last edited by Dexterra on Sun May 22, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix (attributed)

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon May 23, 2022 1:48 am

If the video isn't long, or if you're fine trimming a bunch of stuff off the video, you could convert some of the video into an animated GIF. That way you could show off the fort in your factbook without having to link to a video off-site.
Last edited by The Church of Satan on Mon May 23, 2022 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Return to Moderation