NATION

PASSWORD

Council of the International Humanitarian Coalition (IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Mets Hayk
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Council of the International Humanitarian Coalition (IC)

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 9:14 pm

INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN COALITION
COUNCIL
Sine finibus; UNA CAUSA.

Who are we?
Born amidst the conflict between conflict between Muqaddasia and Janpia at the insistence of King Hrach I, the International Humanitarian Coalition (UHC) serves a single purpose: to provide neutral nations a chance to show their support for the innocent in war-torn nations. Unlike the United Liberation Organization (ULIBOR), an alliance dedicating that upholds peace through threats of war, the UHC seeks to resolve conflicts peacefully and diplomatically. As such, we are not aligned with neither the Global Confederation of Nations (GCN) nor the Kalsight Treaty Organization (KTO); but we are open to promoting better ties between the two alliances.

We, however, unlike the International Alliance for Democracy (IAD), can and will order peacekeeping operations in war-torn regions for the following purposes:
•Evacuating and protecting refugees
•Proving safe exfiltration of high-value individuals (HVIs), such as diplomats and foreign nationals
•Guarding high-value locations, such as major cultural and poorer-income areas

The IHC's jurisdiction shall not be strictly within lands controlled by neither the KTO, GCN, nor ULIBOR. Requests for aid, regardless of your nation's allegiance, economic system, or even governing system; will be answered once approved; as will your applications for admission into the IHC.

OOC: OOC/sign-ups can be found here

OOC:

This is the IC thread of the International Humanitarian Coalition. As such, you must be admitted into the IHC before posting here.
Before we start, let's lay down a few ground rules:

Absolutely NO godmodding, nor metagaming, is allowed. Don't ruin the thread because YOU want to feel powerful.
    All members must abide by the charter, NO exceptions.
    Treat each other with respect. It's only a game, remember?
    Have fun!
Last edited by Mets Hayk on Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Holy Armenian Empire
"Armenia will rise evermore"
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.
Armenia News|Holy Armenian Empire proclaimed|Anatolia Purchase successful|Armenia annexes Azerbaijan and Georgia|Armenia forms the Pan-Christian Cooperative League

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 9:19 pm

Hakob Saven sat down, sorting through documents detailing worldwide humanitarian crises. It pained him; knowing that such injustice continued on in the world. Perhaps that was why he, one of the king's top advisors in the National Assembly, had volunteered to take the position of President of the IHC. That, and he was able to go back to Yerevan after a year of living in Stepanakert. Nonetheless, he'd always loved his job.

He waited for the arrival of the representatives he himself had approved. Perhaps they'd be new faces; perhaps not.
Last edited by Mets Hayk on Fri May 20, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.
Armenia News|Holy Armenian Empire proclaimed|Anatolia Purchase successful|Armenia annexes Azerbaijan and Georgia|Armenia forms the Pan-Christian Cooperative League

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 9:24 pm

Mark Villano after a 13 hour trans-ocean flight arrives and sits down with a folder with a list of several slaver nations and other war crime comting nations. After looking through them he finds one of Mammoth City's old allies and set the paper off to the side to deal with back home.
Signed: President Mark Villano

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 9:26 pm

Mammoth city wrote:Mark Villano after a 13 hour trans-ocean flight arrives and sits down with a folder with a list of several slaver nations and other war crime comting nations. After looking through them he finds one of Mammoth City's old allies and set the paper off to the side to deal with back home.

"Greetings, mister Villano. How was your trip?"
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 9:28 pm

Mets Hayk wrote:
Mammoth city wrote:Mark Villano after a 13 hour trans-ocean flight arrives and sits down with a folder with a list of several slaver nations and other war crime comting nations. After looking through them he finds one of Mammoth City's old allies and set the paper off to the side to deal with back home.

"Greetings, mister Villano. How was your trip?"

"Bumpy , a large Hurricane was about to blow through" responds Mark

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 9:32 pm

"Now what are to discuss first"

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 9:35 pm

Mammoth city wrote:"Now what are to discuss first"

"Well, I've been hearing of some...despicable actions in Muqaddasi territory. We even sent our own peacekeepers before we established the IHC!"
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 9:38 pm

"Well just looking at the first few posts, I saw the use of Hyper sonic missiles aimed at their government headquarters, could depending on your definition be targeting civilians which is a war crime"

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 pm

Mammoth city wrote:"Well just looking at the first few posts, I saw the use of Hyper sonic missiles aimed at their government headquarters, could depending on your definition be targeting civilians which is a war crime"

"Indeed...what makes all the worse is that The Aquaria is a founding member of the United Liberation Organization. So much for preserving peace, eh?"
Last edited by Mets Hayk on Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 9:42 pm

Mets Hayk wrote:
Mammoth city wrote:"Well just looking at the first few posts, I saw the use of Hyper sonic missiles aimed at their government headquarters, could depending on your definition be targeting civilians which is a war crime"

"Indeed...what makes all the worse is that The Aquaria is a founding member of the United Liberation Organization. So much for preserving peace, eh?"

"Well from my experience ULIBOR despite what is says is more focused on stopping slavers and merging with GCN"

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 9:47 pm

Mammoth city wrote:
Mets Hayk wrote:

"Well from my experience ULIBOR despite what is says is more focused on stopping slavers and merging with GCN"

"Ah, the GCN...just another cog in the machine of countless alliances. You and I both know that this proposed merger could GREATY destabilize the balance of power. But that's not our job to worry about whether or not they or the KTO take over, it's our job to worry about who'd that effect.

Damn rivalries..."
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 9:49 pm

Mets Hayk wrote:
Mammoth city wrote:"Well from my experience ULIBOR despite what is says is more focused on stopping slavers and merging with GCN"

"Ah, the GCN...just another cog in the machine of countless alliances. You and I both know that this proposed merger could GREATY destabilize the balance of power. But that's not our job to worry about whether or not they or the KTO take over, it's our job to worry about who'd that effect.

Damn rivalries..."

"Well lets get back the IHS KTO laundry list of war crimes"

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 9:55 pm

Mammoth city wrote:
Mets Hayk wrote:

Damn rivalries..."

"Well lets get back the IHS KTO laundry list of war crimes"

"Right...well, it seems that Gallapagos had dropped "barrel bombs" on the city of Beirut. and the Zarnicovian Novans fired upon civilian ships. As far as I'm aware, both are aligned with Janpia."
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 9:57 pm

Mets Hayk wrote:
Mammoth city wrote:"Well lets get back the IHS KTO laundry list of war crimes"

"Right...well, it seems that Gallapagos had dropped "barrel bombs" on the city of Beirut. and the Zarnicovian Novans fired upon civilian ships. As far as I'm aware, both are aligned with Janpia."

"And so is Aquire i believe and its horribly placed hyper sonic missile"

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 10:00 pm

Mammoth city wrote:
Mets Hayk wrote:

"And so is Aquire i believe and its horribly placed hyper sonic missile"

"Indeed...I fear for our nationals' lives. After all, they bear a neutral flag, but the national standard remains embedded on their convoys. I propose that we establish a joint Mammoth-Armenian peacekeeping force for the time being, and slowly ease other nations into it. It'd surely build up our troop count. We'll, of course, be under the banner of the IHC. There'll be no worries of the two sides mistaking us for their enemy."
Last edited by Mets Hayk on Fri May 20, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 10:02 pm

Mets Hayk wrote:
Mammoth city wrote:"And so is Aquire i believe and its horribly placed hyper sonic missile"

"Indeed...I fear for our nationals' lives. After all, they bear a neutral flag, but the national standard remains embedded on their convoys. I propose that we establish a joint Mammoth-Armenian peacekeeping force for the time being, and slowly ease other nations into it. It'd surely build up our troop count. We'll, of course, be under the banner of the IHC. There'll be no worries of the two sides mistaking us for their enemy."

"I think a peace keeping force would be great for us and the world, but how many men will we need for it?"

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 10:05 pm

Mammoth city wrote:
Mets Hayk wrote:

"I think a peace keeping force would be great for us and the world, but how many men will we need for it?"

"How many do you have in reserve? We already have about nine-hundred and fifty in the field, most scattered throughout the Muqaddasian lands. Perhaps add two hundred of yours? It'd at least put our numbers over a thousand. As for the other members, I hope we'll be able to convince them to lend some of their troops too."
Last edited by Mets Hayk on Fri May 20, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 10:11 pm

Mets Hayk wrote:
Mammoth city wrote:"I think a peace keeping force would be great for us and the world, but how many men will we need for it?"

"How many do you have in reserve? We already have about nine-hundred and fifty in the field, most scattered throughout the Muqaddasian lands. Perhaps add two hundred of yours? It'd at least put our numbers over a thousand. As for the other members, I hope we'll be able to convince them to lend some of their troops too."

"We will send another 900 out to the islands, they already have supplies for three months"

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 10:20 pm

Mammoth city wrote:
Mets Hayk wrote:

"We will send another 900 out to the islands, they already have supplies for three months"

"Alright...well, that solves that problem. Apparently, Gonswanza's told of Zarnicovian Novans' use of WMDs earlier in the war...casualties are rumoured to be high. Our peacekeepers had even found quite a bit of dead civilians in the middle of some rubble. As for who'd dealt them that fate, I'm not sure. Wouldn't be surprised if it was ZN."
Last edited by Mets Hayk on Fri May 20, 2022 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 10:24 pm

Mets Hayk wrote:
Mammoth city wrote:"We will send another 900 out to the islands, they already have supplies for three months"

"Alright...well, that solves that problem. Apparently, Gonswanza's told of Zarnicovian Novans' use of WMDs earlier in the war...casualties are rumoured to be high. Our peacekeepers had even found quite a bit of dead civilians in the middle of some rubble. As for who'd dealt them that fate, I'm not sure. Wouldn't be surprised if it was ZN."

"what type of WMDs"

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 10:27 pm

Mammoth city wrote:
Mets Hayk wrote:

"what type of WMDs"

"Biological; or so it seems. This directly violates the Geneva Convention of 1925, and thus so is quite the serious crime. They pose a threat not only to their enemies, but just about anyone in the goddamn country."
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 10:31 pm

Mets Hayk wrote:
Mammoth city wrote:"what type of WMDs"

"Biological; or so it seems. This directly violates the Geneva Convention of 1925, and thus so is quite the serious crime. They pose a threat not only to their enemies, but just about anyone in the goddamn country."

"Ok we are talking Siren gas now. We NEED to either pull our peace keepers out or give them protective gear"

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 10:38 pm

Mammoth city wrote:
Mets Hayk wrote:

"Ok we are talking Siren gas now. We NEED to either pull our peace keepers out or give them protective gear"

Agreed...well, normally we'd hold a vote on such matters but since it's just you and I for now, let it be known:
FROM THE DESK OF THE PRESIDENT

Following a landslide vote (2 votes yea, 0 votes nay), the International Humanitarian Coalition hereby approves increased spending towards protective equipment for peacekeepers, and for the deployment of additional troops in Muqaddasia. Said spending shall go into effect immediately, and the additional men will arrive shortly; within a few hours at most.

Signed,
Hakob Saven
President of the IHC

Last edited by Mets Hayk on Fri May 20, 2022 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Fri May 20, 2022 10:41 pm

Mets Hayk wrote:
Mammoth city wrote:"Ok we are talking Siren gas now. We NEED to either pull our peace keepers out or give them protective gear"

Agreed...well, normally we'd hold a vote on spending but since it's just you and I, let it be known:
FROM THE DESK OF THE PRESIDENT

Following a landslide vote (2 votes yea, 0 votes nay), the International Humanitarian Coalition hereby approves increased spending towards protective equipment for peacekeepers, and for the deployment of additional troops in Muqaddasia. Said spending shall go into effect immediately, and the additional men will arrive shortly; within a few hours at most.

Signed,
Yakob Saven
President of the IHC

"...This marks a big moment in our history this is the first of many resolutions that will be passed to help the world become a better place..." quote President Mark Alan Villino in a message back to Mammoth City informing his cabinet of what had gone down

Mets Hayk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mets Hayk » Fri May 20, 2022 10:42 pm

OOC: Goddamnit, typo. "Hakob" not "Yakob".
Holy Armenian Empire
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents