NATION

PASSWORD

[SUGGESTION] Improved Regional Poll Functionality

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

[SUGGESTION] Improved Regional Poll Functionality

Postby Drew Durrnil » Thu May 19, 2022 6:00 pm

Regional polls are pretty limited, and can only carry out a limited amount of ideas. So, I suggest that polls should be improved by the following:
  • Allowing for there to be multiple polls at once in a region
    This would speed up polls or surveys where multiple polls have to be done simultaneously.
  • Doubling the maximum amount of poll options from 12 to 24
    This make polls with a greater amount of responses viable.
  • Allowing ROs to determine the number of responses per user for a poll (for example, a RO can set the poll so there can be a maximum of two voted options per user), similar to the forums
    Sometimes, polls need to have multiple responses per user (for example, which teams do you predict will have the highest records in the NBA?)
  • Allowing ROs to restrict voting on a poll for nations that are banned from that region
    It doesn't make sense to me that nations that are banned from joining a region and posting on the region's RMB are able to vote on polls.
  • Adding an option to restrict voting to region residents and residents of one of the region's embassies.
    If this functionality exists in RMBs, then why isn't it availiable for polls?
  • Making links in poll descriptions function
    This would make it much easier to provide background for a poll, especially for an election poll (to provide election guidelines).
  • Allowing ROs to hide poll responses
    This can be useful in elections, as the vote counts of a candidate can not sway your decision in voting with poll responses turned off.
Last edited by Drew Durrnil on Thu May 19, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Thu May 19, 2022 6:08 pm

I'd rather have the ability to not publicly show who voted for what on a poll (you can only see it if you're a Comms RO). That way you can have secret ballots gameside. Of course, you could also use tgs.

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Thu May 19, 2022 6:15 pm

Bormiar wrote:I'd rather have the ability to not publicly show who voted for what on a poll (you can only see it if you're a Comms RO). That way you can have secret ballots gameside. Of course, you could also use tgs.

added, thanks
Last edited by Drew Durrnil on Thu May 19, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Panagouge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Panagouge » Fri May 20, 2022 6:17 am

A poll overhaul is very much a project most people will appreciate. I also suggest being able to colored poll text. All sorts of uses out of that I can't even think of.
I exist, and so do you.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri May 20, 2022 5:04 pm

We should be able to vote more than once (ie how endorsements work).

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Fri May 20, 2022 8:43 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:We should be able to vote more than once (ie how endorsements work).

Yes let poll makers choose between checkboxes and radio buttons.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

All Wild Things
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby All Wild Things » Sat May 21, 2022 8:27 am

Some great ideas there.
Linking in some previous threads on the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=514766
Browse The NewsStand
Watch the Wild Life

Advertisement

Remove ads