NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Cards against NationStates ?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Prusmia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

[Q] Cards against NationStates ?

Postby Prusmia » Thu May 19, 2022 11:21 am

Hey, this is likely a huge waste of time but I was looking through the old news posts and I came across https://www.nationstates.net/page=cards or Cards against Nationstates, I tried playing it but it didn't work and now I'm sad.

Was the game shut down purposefully or is this an unintentional point of how websites break down over time. Or am I doing something wrong,

Sorry to bother you,
Last edited by Prusmia on Thu May 19, 2022 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her

| |||||||||||||||||||| | |||||||||||||||||||| | |||||||||||||||||||| |

| Former Vice President & Space Cartographer of the New World Union, Former Minister of Foreign of Foreign Affairs & Current Diplomat of Forest |
Subject to change without official notice, or even unofficial notice; we're winging it.This product is meant for educational purposes only as students are trapped in classes and can't escape. Any resemblance to real, artificial or simulated persons, living or dead, will be news to us. Avoid contact with skin: levitate. Be sure each item is properly endorsed by a major political party. Your signature is not an admission of guilt, though we'll try and convince the jury otherwise:

Keep away from fire or flames or nuclear detonations.

Shaaung
Civilian

Founded: May 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaaung » Thu May 19, 2022 11:23 am

It's working AFAIK

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu May 19, 2022 3:13 pm

Prusmia wrote:Hey, this is likely a huge waste of time but I was looking through the old news posts and I came across https://www.nationstates.net/page=cards or Cards against Nationstates, I tried playing it but it didn't work and now I'm sad.

Was the game shut down purposefully or is this an unintentional point of how websites break down over time. Or am I doing something wrong,

Sorry to bother you,

It's a multi-player game. So you need more participants to play. It will not work when alone. (it might also not work when with more, but that would require some more testing)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Prusmia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Prusmia » Thu May 19, 2022 6:19 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Prusmia wrote:Hey, this is likely a huge waste of time but I was looking through the old news posts and I came across https://www.nationstates.net/page=cards or Cards against Nationstates, I tried playing it but it didn't work and now I'm sad.

Sorry to bother you,

It's a multi-player game. So you need more participants to play. It will not work when alone. (it might also not work when with more, but that would require some more testing)

I got 6 people into a lobby, I don't think it works
She/Her

| |||||||||||||||||||| | |||||||||||||||||||| | |||||||||||||||||||| |

| Former Vice President & Space Cartographer of the New World Union, Former Minister of Foreign of Foreign Affairs & Current Diplomat of Forest |
Subject to change without official notice, or even unofficial notice; we're winging it.This product is meant for educational purposes only as students are trapped in classes and can't escape. Any resemblance to real, artificial or simulated persons, living or dead, will be news to us. Avoid contact with skin: levitate. Be sure each item is properly endorsed by a major political party. Your signature is not an admission of guilt, though we'll try and convince the jury otherwise:

Keep away from fire or flames or nuclear detonations.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Sat May 21, 2022 10:01 am

Quick little test, and it seems the problem is you can't drag the white cards to the field next to the black card. On both Chrome and Edge.

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Sat May 21, 2022 10:10 am

Crazy girl wrote:Quick little test, and it seems the problem is you can't drag the white cards to the field next to the black card. On both Chrome and Edge.

can confirm it's also like this on opera GX.
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

AO
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AO » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:21 pm

A few folks tried playing this again today and ran into the same issues. It says "Loading Game..." near the top and the white cards can't get dragged next to the black. We had 5 players. Didn't seem to matter what browser. Firefox, Chrome or Edge all the same.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical