NATION

PASSWORD

Issue involving fecalphilia 1514

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Bear Connors Paradiso
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 03, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Issue involving fecalphilia 1514

Postby Bear Connors Paradiso » Sun May 15, 2022 12:05 pm

The Issue 1514

BigJobs, an up-and-coming tech corporation, has recently launched a range of AI household appliances, including smart washing machines, smart fridges and — most controversially — smart toilets. The AIs in these devices are sufficiently advanced to qualify for AI citizenship, but have been programmed to enjoy jobs that most humans would abhor, and to happily accept ten year service contracts for minimal payment. The aforementioned smart toilets are self-flushing, warm seats and are even able to gratefully thank humans for their deposits.

The Debate

“You cannot allow this, Dr Eamer!” screams AI rights activist Miranda Santiago, tightly clutching the hand of a robot she has apparently built herself. “If we are to treat AIs as equal to us humans, we cannot program them to degrade themselves in this way! Would you let a human a Bear spend ten years in a tiny cell with no contact with the outside world except for excrement? Please, for the sake of our AI brethren, flush these ideas away! AI manufacturers must be forced to give AI citizens a human sense of self-worth and dignity.”

“All that guy’s doing is stirring the potty”, states ROJAWS-2000, a poop-eating bot who serves at a local curry house. “AIs are different from organics, and to me the smell and taste of human waste is as delicious as chocolate spread on toast is to a human. I strain to see the issue with letting us find job satisfaction in our own way. And there’s no need to be shy about your bodily functions — this stuff is literally my bread and butter. Why would I want for money when life is this good?”

“The issue here is not that AIs like different things to humans,” suggests MEDB-MillA, a former saloon host who has pursued several other careers in the last few years. “The issue here is the devaluing of labour, and the lack of self-determination. Minimum wage laws should exist for all citizens, AI and human, and every citizen should have the right and opportunity to pursue different careers within the work market. A few software updates should fix the problem, as well as the ability for AI cores to move from one hardware device to another, if they should choose to do so.”

“You see, Dr Eamer, this is why AI stinks,” asserts a short, long-haired man, prodding you with a stick. “Can you not see that the creators of these smart toilets have the moral consistency of a wet bog roll? If we allow AIs to have built-to-order personalities, then what’s to stop these companies from making AIs that think they’re better than human, or AIs that love to commit crime? We’re at the mercy of the consciences of corporations, and we all know that corporations aren’t exactly known for putting the public good first. Please, Dr Eamer, for the sake of sanity you must revoke AI citizenship, place a legal cap on AI capabilities, and scrap any advanced AIs already built. We must prevent human obsolescence!”

Now this issue is probably based off an old Adult Swim Infomercial and really where technology is going anyway, but if we look closer at the wording and the user who wrote the issue, it is clearly coming from a sexual fetishist nature of someone who wants to consume feces.

The wording can be changed to be more scientific and come from a place that the AI's are working on a medical basis of diagnosing diseases or nutrition imbalances like pretty litter does, there's no reason that computers need to be telling humans that they enjoy consuming feces. There's no way for a computer to be able to decern joy or what the taste of chocolate does to the human brain, that's just adding the authors opinion on his fetish. That this particular computer comes from a curry house which is incendiary of the quality of feces (although factually it takes 12-48 hours to process the curry). The actual issue is that these AI are programmed to do this job, which is fine, but the wording is so fragrantly patronizing to this fetish that it really needs to be heavily toned down.

It's not hard to see where this place comes from. The author clearly loves toilets and poop on their nation profile.

Talking about consuming feces for pleasure (fecalphilia) seems like the kind of thing that gets banned on a lot of websites and can get your account with paypal banned which is your only financial carrier on NS. I'm only making this post so that an issue editor or a mod can look into it. I was extremely disturbed when I read the issue, and as an adult am not easily disturbed/offended by most things.

If you want a better version just for kicks, side stepping it to focus on equal pay for equal duty between AI and humans:

The Issue 1514

BigJobs, an up-and-coming tech corporation, has recently launched a range of AI household appliances, including smart washing machines, smart fridges and — most controversially — smart toilets. The AIs in these devices are sufficiently advanced to qualify for AI citizenship, but have been programmed to engage in jobs for minimum payment that highly paid laboratory technicians do. The aforementioned smart toilets are self-flushing, warm seats and able to collect diagnostic and nutritional data.

The Debate

“You cannot allow this, (name)!” screams AI rights activist Miranda Santiago, tightly clutching the hand of a robot she has apparently built herself. “If we are to treat AIs as equal to us humans, we cannot program them to degrade themselves in this way! Would you let a human (nation) spend ten years in a tiny cell with no contact with the outside world except for excrement? Please, for the sake of our AI brethren, flush these ideas away! AI's must have equal pay for equal duty!”

“All that guy’s doing is stirring the potty”, states ROJAWS-2000, a smart toilet who serves at a local hospital. “This is my programmed function that I must fulfill. I do not need the same payment as an organic counterpart, I am much more efficient and require less equipment than a fully functioning laboratory. If you raise our wages, our value is artificially raised and we may be set onto the curb!”

“The issue here is not that AIs are different things to humans,” suggests MEDB-MillA, a former saloon host who has pursued several other careers in the last few years. “The issue here is the devaluing of labor, and the lack of self-determination. Minimum wage laws should exist for all citizens, AI and human, and every citizen should have the right and opportunity to pursue different careers within the work market. A few software updates should fix the problem, as well as the ability for AI cores to move from one hardware device to another, if they should choose to do so.”

“You see, (name), this is why AI stinks,” asserts a short, long-haired man, prodding you with a stick. “Can you not see that the creators of these smart toilets have the moral consistency of a wet bog roll? These computers did not spend 8 years in medical school, they are not able to interpret data. They are putting lab technicians, nurses and doctors out of business! We’re at the mercy of the consciences of corporations, and we all know that corporations aren’t exactly known for putting the public good first. Please, (name), for the sake of sanity you must revoke AI citizenship, place a legal cap on AI capabilities, and scrap any advanced AIs already built. We must prevent human obsolescence!”

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun May 15, 2022 12:24 pm

Not an editor. Or editro, in case anybody thinks I'm a secret Lenyo puppet.

Many issues (presumably including this one) are adult issues, meaning that they cannot be received by inhabitants of class regions. You say that you are "making this post so that an issue editor or a mod can look into it." Why ought Issue #1,514 to be reviewed by the editors when it was literally just approved by Candlewhisper Archive, an editor?

The point of toilets is that you are supposed to relief yourself on them. Why do you believe that Issue #1,514 should depict sentient toilets working as lab technicians instead?
>>> Why sentient toilets, rather than any other AI (acknowledging that the premise of the original issue is toilet-focused)?
>>> And why as lab technicians, rather than in any other occupation? (One: "The robots are stealing our jobs" has been a refrain of many workers, not just those involved in research and development, since Ned Ludd. Two: Pretty Litter is intended to be a substitute for cat litter, not for people who work in labs analysing urine to determine whether or not cats are healthy.)

PayPal is not the only means of paying for items in the NS Store.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun May 15, 2022 12:32 pm

Bear Connors Paradiso *** warned for flamebaiting ***

Thread locked, as it is nowhere close to being constructive criticism.

Return to Got Issues?