NATION

PASSWORD

[r] Threadjacking

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

[r] Threadjacking

Postby Hirota » Thu May 12, 2022 3:20 am

User isn't quite parsing the fact that they are threadjacking in spite of multiple requests to take their posts elsewhere.

Threadjack started here: viewtopic.php?p=39595825#p39595825
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Thu May 12, 2022 3:26 am

How is discussing the threat to abortion, access to birth control, and gay marriage in America, all 3 of which are considered feminist issues, threadjacking in the feminist thread?

You don't want people talking about feminist issues in the feminist thread?

I indented the important bits.

Likewise, I also fail to see how talking about the main party that's in the middle of enacting said policies, is threadjacking. Shouldn't open discussions about the people and groups behind setting feminism in America back 50 years be allowed? Isn't that part of why the thread exists to begin with?
Last edited by New haven america on Thu May 12, 2022 3:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Hirota
Powerbroker

Postby Hirota » Thu May 12, 2022 3:37 am

New haven america wrote:How is pointing discussing the thread to abortion, access to birth control, and gay marriage in America, all 3 of which are considered feminist issues, threadjacking in the feminist thread.

Likewise, I also fail to see how talking about the main party that's in the middle of enacting said policies, is threadjacking.
Your failure to understand is irrelevant. Multiple people do understand and have requested you direct your ramblings elsewhere. You've chosen not to, to which I ask for modly intervention. I leave it in their hands to decide whats best.

Likewise, I also fail to see how talking about the main party that's in the middle of enacting said policies, is threadjacking. Shouldn't open discussions about the people and groups behind setting feminism in America back 50 years be allowed? Isn't that part of why the thread exists to begin with?
Your posting is rambling on about the GOP being facist. Even if it's true; that is not relevant to the thread. The feminism thread is not so provincially limited as to just the US. Moreover, We have an abortion thread for the issues surrounding abortion in the US at this moment which would seem obvious to most people is a very suitable place to quarantine suitably locate your ramblings.
Last edited by Hirota on Thu May 12, 2022 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu May 12, 2022 3:43 am

Hirota wrote:
New haven america wrote:How is pointing discussing the thread to abortion, access to birth control, and gay marriage in America, all 3 of which are considered feminist issues, threadjacking in the feminist thread.

Likewise, I also fail to see how talking about the main party that's in the middle of enacting said policies, is threadjacking.
Your posting is rambling on about the GOP being facist. Even if it's true; that is not relevant to the thread. The feminism thread is not so provincially limited as to just the US. Moreover, We have an abortion thread for the issues surrounding abortion in the US at this moment which would seem obvious to most people is a very suitable place to quarantine suitably locate your ramblings.

Only you and Des-Bal have, and only 2 times at most, because you don't like what I'm saying and have thus far failed to come up with arguments to the contrary.

Doesn't change the fact that discussing the nature of the group currently butchering women's rights in America is allowed to be discussed there. We're allowed to discuss all parties involved in the feminist struggle here.

Likewise, last I checked, none of the other developed nations are planning on removing bodily autonomy from 50% of the population, so why I should I discuss other countries in the thread at the moment when there's not much going on elsewhere in regards to this issue? When somewhere like the UK decides to ban abortion, then you can talk about not focusing mostly on America and the politics behind the decision at this current moment.
Last edited by New haven america on Thu May 12, 2022 3:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Hirota
Powerbroker

Postby Hirota » Thu May 12, 2022 4:04 am

New haven america wrote:Only you and Des-Bal have, and only 2 times at most, because you don't like what I'm saying and have thus far failed to come up with arguments to the contrary.
Then there is some hope to nip your threadjack in the bud, and deposit it somewhere more appropriate, like the thread devoted to abortion in the US. Upon which - if I so desire - I may or may not "come up with arguments to the contrary."

Until then I'll let the moderators decide the best course of action.
Last edited by Hirota on Thu May 12, 2022 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu May 12, 2022 4:10 am

Hirota wrote:
New haven america wrote:Only you and Des-Bal have, and only 2 times at most, because you don't like what I'm saying and have thus far failed to come up with arguments to the contrary.
Then there is some hope to nip your threadjack in the bud, and deposit it somewhere more appropriate, like the thread devoted to abortion in the US.

I like how you ignore the fact that I've also been discussing the fact that Alito has plans to ban Birth Control and Gay Marraige, both of which are feminist issues.

Again, not liking what I'm talking about doesn't constitute threadjacking.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Thu May 12, 2022 9:36 am

New haven america wrote:
Hirota wrote:Then there is some hope to nip your threadjack in the bud, and deposit it somewhere more appropriate, like the thread devoted to abortion in the US.

I like how you ignore the fact that I've also been discussing the fact that Alito has plans to ban Birth Control and Gay Marraige, both of which are feminist issues.

Again, not liking what I'm talking about doesn't constitute threadjacking.

This is true and I'm going to rule that way.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation