NATION

PASSWORD

The Unofficial Borked Nations Report Thread

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

The Unofficial Borked Nations Report Thread

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat May 07, 2022 2:39 pm

There have been an awful lot of "borked" nations caught and reported lately - nations that are bugged in more than one way. "Borked", in this context, means that they are bugged to oblivion and defy basic NS code rules.

Examples may include:
  • A nation with a population of 5 million but is months old.
  • A nation with a messed-up pretitle that glitches their page.
  • A bugged nation in a region that doesn't exist.
  • A nation who's stats just don't add up to its rankings/corresponding stats.
  • And any other moderate to severely messed up nation!

So I decided to make a thread to report these odd and bugged nations so the mods won't have to face a dozen threads for a dozen different borked nations.

NOTE: The world census ranking bug (when newly created nations show up on the top ten in the leaderboard) should not be reported here, the mods don't see it as a problem that needs to be fixed.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat May 07, 2022 2:42 pm

I don't know if this is already known, but this nation's page is very borked:
Lemon 42
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

The Universe World
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Universe World » Sat May 07, 2022 3:49 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:I don't know if this is already known, but this nation's page is very borked:
Lemon 42

I noticed it is in Testregionia. Perhaps it is a (very weird) test nation?
WayNeacTia wrote:Why admit to to something, when you can just deny it and release a word salad composed solely of bullshit?

God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat May 07, 2022 3:52 pm

The Universe World wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:I don't know if this is already known, but this nation's page is very borked:
Lemon 42

I noticed it is in Testregionia. Perhaps it is a (very weird) test nation?

Nah… I looked deeper and saw a lot of moderator action against this nation in the form of suppressed RMB posts.
The Orwell Society

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat May 07, 2022 4:09 pm

Lemon 42

The nation in question has a series of blank custom fields. As far as I can tell, they blanked them themselves as a test. I'm not seeing anything else that looks 'borked".
The Orwell Society wrote:saw a lot of moderator action against this nation in the form of suppressed RMB posts.

No you didn't. If we suppress a post, it says "mod-suppressed". The posts you saw were self-deleted or suppressed by regional officers, not mods.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sat May 07, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat May 07, 2022 4:13 pm

It's possible to blank any field if you know how. l u n a .

Trick is to find a character that the game will accept but won't print. The potato emoji used to work but now apparently it doesn't.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sat May 07, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat May 07, 2022 4:17 pm

Luna Amore wrote:It's possible to blank any field if you know how. l u n a .

Trick is to find a character that the game will accept but won't parse. The potato emoji used to work but now apparently it doesn't.

Interesting… it seems that Mr. Lemon put quite a lot of blank characters into their customizable fields. That would explain why it looks so damn strange
The Orwell Society

Soveiniesberg
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Soveiniesberg » Sat May 07, 2022 4:20 pm

Luna Amore wrote:It's possible to blank any field if you know how. l u n a .

Trick is to find a character that the game will accept but won't print. The potato emoji used to work but now apparently it doesn't.

Maybe they used zero-width spacers, which count as characters.
A city state on.. an island, where it's cold-as-all-balls.
a bit of info - NEEDS RETCON
COGCON LEVEL: 4
DEFCON LEVEL: 4
Minutes 'Till Midnight: 2 minutes

Kinda bored with NS lmao | Last upd. 4/6/24
My pillow's cold by the time I get home
Jzarovich News at Noon | Marrakanese terrorist attacks over the past 6 months "have risen significantly, I think." | Train crashes in Anolchiv-on-Schonmür, causing over "5 morbillion billion dollars in damages" | Rogylan Bahnz in press meeting says "We're nuking Marrakai, I swear, I'm so tired of them. We're gonna glass them." | Random box of crap falls off skyscraper in Ternyiev

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical