NATION

PASSWORD

OMG, my black market

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Folkmore
Secretary

Founded: Feb 17, 2022
Authoritarian Democracy

OMG, my black market

Postby Folkmore » Wed May 04, 2022 8:42 am

So a bit ago it was less than 1 percent and then it went super high on my rank but it was only 1 percent but now I saw another mega spike, 7.5 PERCENT OF MY ECONOMY WITH SO MUCH MONEY INVESTED...

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Wed May 04, 2022 10:45 am

Folkmore wrote:So a bit ago it was less than 1 percent and then it went super high on my rank but it was only 1 percent but now I saw another mega spike, 7.5 PERCENT OF MY ECONOMY WITH SO MUCH MONEY INVESTED...

Dont check mine.

Edit. I have know clue why it happened but i guess its nice.
Last edited by Bendicion on Wed May 04, 2022 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Therimenjas
Secretary

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Therimenjas » Sat May 07, 2022 10:06 am

I still fantasize about someday working Therimenjas down to a small black market. Playing against the black market is actually really hard. Every connection that "usually works" will sometimes fail.
As of this signature's authoring (5/18/2019), all nations presently in Tusdeta are controlled by one player. The full alt list can be found here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1207785

Tenuria
Envoy

Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenuria » Sun May 08, 2022 10:18 am

Related suggestion: my black market is about 1.8 times larger than my Economic Output. This doesn't bother me in and of itself. (In-character for the Damalgian Union, a country of space scavengers with no formal economy other than strip-mining random planets for resources, having most economic activity take place off the books makes a lot of sense.) The display of the "Economy" tab is, however, confusing. It shows a GDP of 6.38 quadrillion <currency>, and a pie chart showing the black market making up 63.5% of that. The black market in fact makes up 11.09 quadrillion <currency>, which is indeed 63.5% of 11.09 + 6.38 quadrillion, but is definitely not 63.5% of 6.38 quadrillion. The chart should presumably either make clear somehow that the GDP only consists of legal economic activity (in my case, government and state-owned industry) and the black market is a separate phenomenon, or recalculate the GDP as Economic Output + Black Market, therefore retaining it as a separate, untracked stat from Economic Output. I'm not entirely sure which.
Last edited by Tenuria on Sun May 08, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Damalgian Union | si-Thaluö Damalg'iru - A Czardas-run account feat. space locusts. Stories/RPs to come....someday.....

best lifetime rankings: 29th in the world for Largest Black Markets • 31st in the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces • 101st in the world for Largest Mining Sector • 121st in the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector • 136th in the world for Most Corrupt Governments

Arpasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Arpasia » Sun May 08, 2022 10:19 am

This thread belongs to technical.
Ek Sê!, A Nation on Eastern Altropia, basically an Alternate Universe France.
NS Stats executed by M67 Rifle.
Le temps de Philippeaux: OrbOb satellite captures S.S Jiangxiao moored on pirate-controlled Nasrah coast. | Black Coast government fully transitions into military dictatorship virtually overnight. | 5.7 magnitude earthquake rocks western Norteagua and Cortina. | Arpasian ambassador to Sufistan disappears after going inside People's Council building.
Since those people have anime girls and whatnot on their flags, I decide to use him in my flag, and also, this is not Henry on my flag, it's Konrad and a marine.

Likes: Quailty Posts, F7, GE&T, Henry Stickmin, S-61R, UH-60.
Dislikes: Summies, Adbots, Slaver Nations, One-liners.

Return to Technical