NATION

PASSWORD

[Bug] Compliance Commission SC Repeal Telegram

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Forest of Aeneas
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 15, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

[Bug] Compliance Commission SC Repeal Telegram

Postby The Forest of Aeneas » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:26 pm

Do let me know what provisions of SC#225 I was 'obligated to comply with' before it was repealed. :P
Last edited by The Forest of Aeneas on Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
=> World Assembly Ambassador Cecilia Maro, author of GA#611.

Ooc: Former main of The Ice States.

Twertis
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Twertis » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:18 pm

From what they say about NS' source code, what looks like a simple conditional will probably in some way involve an IPC channel, a convolutional neural network that classifies ostriches from donuts, and literally rebuilding the operating system that NS' servers run on from scratch. Don't expect this to ever be fixed :P.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:21 pm

I suppose that the provisio is 'condemning' the nation.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:20 pm

This is not a Koth-specific bug. Before Declarations were introduced, WACC telegrams about repealed SC resolutions looked like this:
The World Assembly wishes to notify you of the passage of a resolution to Repeal "Commend Sedgistan".

After Declarations, they now look like this for some reason:
The World Assembly wishes to notify you that due to the passage of a resolution to Repeal "Commend Sedgistan", %NATION% is no longer obligated to comply with its provisions.

Surely it would not be that hard to fix the wording for SC repeal telegrams, much like the wording for C&C telegrams was fixed from "Laws have been enacted to bring %NATION% into compliance with the World Assembly resolution Commend Sedgistan." to the classic "The World Assembly wishes to notify you of the passage of a resolution to Commend Sedgistan."

Rather infuriatingly, telegrams about Declarations are of the grammatically incorrect form "The World Assembly wishes to notify you of the passage of a resolution Declaration on Crazy Girl." Certainly this was the case with the telegram about Reflections on 2021, the last Declaration to pass.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Ice States » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:24 pm

I've noted this elsewhere, but it appears this continues to be the case; I just received a GA-style telegram for Repeal Commend Yohannes. In case it's not already obvious, the OP is my nation.
Last edited by The Ice States on Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

Return to Technical