NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Custom flags getting overpixelated?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aldarminia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

[R] Custom flags getting overpixelated?

Postby Aldarminia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:51 am

The flags for at least the three nations below are being displayed with a lot more pixelation than normal.

Aldarminia
The Hvalheim
The Raian Mnemarchon

Normal (screenshot from another user):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/451166193223729162/968073612202504212/unknown.png

Overpixelated (screenshot by me):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/451166193223729162/968083893087514624/Screenshot_4.png

As far as I can tell the overpixelation (overcompresssion? Idk the technical term, sorry) affects the nation page flag and the forum thumbnail flag. I tried reuploading, adjusting file resolution, clearing cache, fiddling with ripple, etc. Two other nations of mine's (Gvoroska and Vrotomyra) flags are fine* but the three above aren't for some reason. All flags are in PNG format, and I'm using up-to-date Chrome AFAICT. The person who screenshotted the normal example for me doesn't seem to have the issue on their end, but I can't seem to find the fix on mine.

*Edit: It seems like Gvoroska's might be affected too now
Last edited by Aldarminia on Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
Vrot Kaspara (Xenos included!!!)
First High Roller of the NationStates Future Tech Discord Server
Founder and Boss of the Losieda Bratva Criminal Syndicate
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

Return to Technical