NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Ads show up even with Postmaster-General

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Jetan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

[R] Ads show up even with Postmaster-General

Postby Jetan » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:35 am

I've noticed that lately I've been getting ads on the site even though I have the Postmaster-General supporter "upgrade".

Example.
Second Finn, after Imm
........Геть Росію.........
Україна вільна і єдина
From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me.
Beholder's Lair - a hobby blog
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.
Always open to TGs. Pro/Against

Ceterum autem censeo Putinem esse delendum

Jurassic Park Abortion Clinic
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Jurassic Park Abortion Clinic » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:37 am

Moss from IT crowd: Have you tried turning it [disable ads] on and off again?

Arpasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Arpasia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:37 am

Maybe try using the Adblocker extension..? I have no idea on how to disable ads in NS.
Ek Sê!, A Nation on Eastern Altropia, basically an Alternate Universe France.
NS Stats executed by M67 Rifle.
Le temps de Philippeaux: OrbOb satellite captures S.S Jiangxiao moored on pirate-controlled Nasrah coast. | Black Coast government fully transitions into military dictatorship virtually overnight. | 5.7 magnitude earthquake rocks western Norteagua and Cortina. | Arpasian ambassador to Sufistan disappears after going inside People's Council building.
Since those people have anime girls and whatnot on their flags, I decide to use him in my flag, and also, this is not Henry on my flag, it's Konrad and a marine.

Likes: Quailty Posts, F7, GE&T, Henry Stickmin, S-61R, UH-60.
Dislikes: Summies, Adbots, Slaver Nations, One-liners.

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:47 am

Arpasia wrote:Maybe try using the Adblocker extension..? I have no idea on how to disable ads in NS.

Perhaps you shouldn't be commenting on the issue then.
Second Finn, after Imm
Україна вільна і єдина
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.

Onionist Randosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Onionist Randosia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:54 am

Arpasia wrote:Maybe try using the Adblocker extension..? I have no idea on how to disable ads in NS.

Yeah, but that only treats the symptom and not the cause. If people aren’t getting their money’s worth when they get Postmaster-General, that’s a serious issue. As for fixing it… I have no idea. Maybe try checking if a toggle setting for ads isn’t switched right?
Last edited by Onionist Randosia on Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
The People's Onionist Republic of Onionist Randosia
Call me OR or Randosia - they/them pronouns
Posts are OOC unless stated otherwise - posts do not represent official views of Aurora or InterLeft unless stated otherwise

Commissar of Foreign Affairs, Aurora
Former Deputy PM, PM and Minister of Defense of Asterya (now Aurora)
3x WA Delegate (among other things) of The Union of Great Onionist Nations, later Asterya, now Aurora
Founder, Administrator, past Chancellor and current Director of Defense, InterLeft
JEFF High Command
Astravica - Citizen, The Region That Has No Big Banks
Astravia - RPer, Distant Worlds
Gaviastan - Diplomacy Officer, Great Lakes Alliance, and GLA representative to the United Regions of Valeria
Sovetskiy Luk Navsegda!

Old Hope
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:48 am

There is a checkbox in your Settings page(on the nation page) that should disable advertisements when checked.

There is a bug, though. Something switched off that checkbox, I definitely didn't mess with these settings to enable ads again, but I had to disable them.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:The format wars are a waste of time.

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:55 am

Old Hope wrote:There is a checkbox in your Settings page(on the nation page) that should disable advertisements when checked.

There is a bug, though. Something switched off that checkbox, I definitely didn't mess with these settings to enable ads again, but I had to disable them.

That seems to have been the case. I've been a site supporter for so long I didn't even remember there being a checkbox but it had indeed switched to enabled.
Second Finn, after Imm
Україна вільна і єдина

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical