NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Image problem

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Israel Land
Attaché

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Ex-Nation

[R] Image problem

Postby Israel Land » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:19 am

I'm editing a post for my airline (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=517966) where I added some text. However, it says that my image doesn't work (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... es.svg.png), which I added before. I'm still not done editing the post.

Can this be resolved? I really appreciate it.

Israel Land
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Israel Land » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:21 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:Error messages don't say "your image doesn't work". Tell us the actual error text and we can start there.

It says, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct."

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:07 am

Israel Land wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Error messages don't say "your image doesn't work". Tell us the actual error text and we can start there.

It says, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct."

This often happens when the link you're using is wrong. What's the exact code you're trying to use to embed the image?
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:13 am

You cannot hotlink images from Wikimedia on the forums. See Wikipedia (or Wikimedia Commons) Images doesn't Work and its much more infamous sequel, Images require an "approved image host".
Last edited by Tinhampton on Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Israel Land
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Israel Land » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:21 pm

Phydios wrote:
Israel Land wrote:

This often happens when the link you're using is wrong. What's the exact code you're trying to use to embed the image?

I put the link of the image provided in an [img] code.

Dexterra
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:28 pm

Tinhampton wrote:You cannot hotlink images from Wikimedia on the forums. See Wikipedia (or Wikimedia Commons) Images doesn't Work and its much more infamous sequel, Images require an "approved image host".

Tin has the answer here. Your img code is fine, just upload your logo to a whitelisted image host and try again. Imgur has been great for me but there are more options in the links Tin provided
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix (attributed)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical