NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] About national classifications

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Israel Land
Attaché

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Ex-Nation

[Q] About national classifications

Postby Israel Land » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:56 pm

Hello, Technical.

I was wondering why State, States, Country, and Province aren't national classifications. They seem realistic enough to be added as one.

Also, may I request that they be added as classifications?

If that cannot be fulfilled, may I request that my national classification be changed to State?

Thank you in advance.

The CubeLand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 18, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The CubeLand » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:06 pm

Hello, Custom national classifications can be unlocked when you reach 500 million population, if you don't have 500 million well you have to use the drop down-bar to select.
I used to do pixel art, that explains my nation.

Why do i have to sign up for a website I’ll probably never use again? Like an image upscaler i used for my flag. Like i dont wanna see your stupid emails

Israel Land
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Israel Land » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:19 pm

The CubeLand wrote:Hello, Custom national classifications can be unlocked when you reach 500 million population, if you don't have 500 million well you have to use the drop down-bar to select.

I know about that feature. But my question is wondering why it isn't added by default, and if it will.

The CubeLand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 18, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The CubeLand » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:32 pm

Israel Land wrote:
The CubeLand wrote:Hello, Custom national classifications can be unlocked when you reach 500 million population, if you don't have 500 million well you have to use the drop down-bar to select.

I know about that feature. But my question is wondering why it isn't added by default, and if it will.

i have no idea if they will add or not, i don't work for this site.
I used to do pixel art, that explains my nation.

Why do i have to sign up for a website I’ll probably never use again? Like an image upscaler i used for my flag. Like i dont wanna see your stupid emails

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:37 pm

Israel Land wrote:

To encourage you to stick around until you unlock it.

It's been around 20 years, I doubt it will be changed now.
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Dexterra
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:45 pm

I'm assuming you're asking about national pretitles (e.g., United States, People's Republic, etc.) as opposed to national classifications (e.g. Civil Rights Lovefest, Anarchy, etc.).

I surmise that state(s), provinces and counties are excluded from default pretitles because they are subdivisions of nations, i.e. parts of a larger national whole. British Columbia is a province for example, but part of the nation of Canada.

You can surely suggest their inclusion but bear in mind site staff are volunteers with lives outside NS and, within NS, already have a lot going on back stage, so your best bet to add these to your pretitle is to wait about three months for the text field to become customizable
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix (attributed)

Israel Land
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Israel Land » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:55 pm

Dexterra wrote:I'm assuming you're asking about national pretitles (e.g., United States, People's Republic, etc.) as opposed to national classifications (e.g. Civil Rights Lovefest, Anarchy, etc.).

I surmise that state(s), provinces and counties are excluded from default pretitles because they are subdivisions of nations, i.e. parts of a larger national whole. British Columbia is a province for example, but part of the nation of Canada.

You can surely suggest their inclusion but bear in mind site staff are volunteers with lives outside NS and, within NS, already have a lot going on back stage, so your best bet to add these to your pretitle is to wait about three months for the text field to become customizable

You are correct about provinces and countries, but state(s) is used by many nations. For example, Israel's pretitle is State.

Dexterra
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:34 pm

Israel Land wrote:
Dexterra wrote:I'm assuming you're asking about national pretitles (e.g., United States, People's Republic, etc.) as opposed to national classifications (e.g. Civil Rights Lovefest, Anarchy, etc.).

You are correct about provinces and countries, but state(s) is used by many nations. For example, Israel's pretitle is State.

Seems to be one of the only ones, if not the only, based on my research, but I do suppose I see your point here. Like I said though, patience is a virtue, especially on NS - welcome by the way
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix (attributed)

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:36 pm

Given you can write in your own after 3 months of playing, I would be surprised if any more defaults were added.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical