NATION

PASSWORD

Are skull symbols not allowed on flags?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Hiyoko
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 13, 2022
Moralistic Democracy

Are skull symbols not allowed on flags?

Postby Hiyoko » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:06 pm

Hello, geninue question. My original flag was deemed not suited to site's rules according to a telegram sent to me by the mods. However, it wasn't very specific what caused the offense.

Since I was warned not to post it again or face nation deletion. Could any of the moderators please tell me what caused it to be deemed unsuitable to the site. Was it the skull symbol or the masked girl with a gun in the faded background?

I ask since I plan to add a skull symbol to my new replacement flag, and would rather be talked to than be outright banned for it.
Last edited by Hiyoko on Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
⸸ 歿 ⸸ The All-Valkyries' Government of Hiyoko ⸸ 歿 ⸸
ㅤ◈ㅤOverview ㅤ◈ㅤCultureㅤ◈ㅤ Economyㅤ◈
The aristocratic realm in the clouds, continuing the great acceleration. One dead Imperialist at a time!
'ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴜꜱ ɢɪʀʟꜱ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴇxᴇᴄᴜᴛɪᴏɴᴇʀꜱ, ᴍᴀꜱᴋᴇᴅ ᴄᴏɴᴅᴏᴛᴛɪᴇʀɪ. ɪᴍᴘᴇʀɪᴜᴍꜱ ꜱᴇᴛ ᴀʙʟᴀᴢᴇ, ᴡᴀʀʜᴀᴡᴋꜱ ꜱʜᴏᴛ, ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʀɪᴄʜᴇꜱ ʙᴜʀɪᴇᴅ'

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:48 pm

I can't see the flag in question since it was deleted, but the deletion notes say it was the SS Totenkopf symbol which is Nazi imagery and specifically banned from flags and banners.

Hiyoko
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 13, 2022
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Hiyoko » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:26 pm

Luna Amore wrote:I can't see the flag in question since it was deleted, but the deletion notes say it was the SS Totenkopf symbol which is Nazi imagery and specifically banned from flags and banners.
Oh, my flag had nothing to do with that. Can I link to prove it or no?
⸸ 歿 ⸸ The All-Valkyries' Government of Hiyoko ⸸ 歿 ⸸
ㅤ◈ㅤOverview ㅤ◈ㅤCultureㅤ◈ㅤ Economyㅤ◈
The aristocratic realm in the clouds, continuing the great acceleration. One dead Imperialist at a time!
'ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴜꜱ ɢɪʀʟꜱ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴇxᴇᴄᴜᴛɪᴏɴᴇʀꜱ, ᴍᴀꜱᴋᴇᴅ ᴄᴏɴᴅᴏᴛᴛɪᴇʀɪ. ɪᴍᴘᴇʀɪᴜᴍꜱ ꜱᴇᴛ ᴀʙʟᴀᴢᴇ, ᴡᴀʀʜᴀᴡᴋꜱ ꜱʜᴏᴛ, ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʀɪᴄʜᴇꜱ ʙᴜʀɪᴇᴅ'

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:13 am

Is this more of a GHR appeal thing than anything, no?
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Panagouge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Panagouge » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:48 am

Hiyoko wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:I can't see the flag in question since it was deleted, but the deletion notes say it was the SS Totenkopf symbol which is Nazi imagery and specifically banned from flags and banners.
Oh, my flag had nothing to do with that. Can I link to prove it or no?

Even if you did not think it was SS Totenkopf-affiliated, it may appear so to others. In short, better safe than sorry.

Skulls are generally fine, as with most things, so long as they do not violate any established rules--namely the ban on Nazi imagery. Plenty of pirate skull and bones flags sail NS's seas, for example.
Last edited by Panagouge on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I exist, and so do you.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:59 am

PotatoFarmers wrote:Is this more of a GHR appeal thing than anything, no?

Yeah, further inquiries should go through the GHR.

Ultimately, if it looks like a Nazi symbol, it's going to get removed.

Return to Technical