NATION

PASSWORD

April Fools Minigame 2022! ("Inaugural Global Trade Fair")

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:46 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Is there any reason why the correct end time could not have been set at some point in the three days before the Fair began,
Presumably because no-one noticed the news page was wrong. You need to be aware of mistakes before you can fix them.

Speaking of which, not that it really matters now, but I noticed a minor grammar error when you have exactly one of a cooldown-reducing good:
Thanks to your a Roll of Sticky Labels, you are able to complete the job faster.
(Similar errors may or may not be present in other cases, but I wasn't paying attention.)

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:05 pm

Tinhampton wrote:The Fair announcement was laid on Monday. Is there any reason why the correct end time could not have been set at some point in the three days before the Fair began, or even announced before Durm pointed out the disreptancy on this thread? And why has "Daylight savings" not affected the official end times of other multi-day April Fools minigames, such as the SecGen elections, Trading Cards, and the inaugural N-Day?

I suspect it may be human error. DST starts earlier in Canada/USA than in Europe (except Iceland). Made a bit more complicated by now-dormant plans by the EU to do away with DST entirely.

Let me know if a data dump of the activity log is possible. I am sick and tired with wrestling with waiting times in the Web Archive snapshot feature to prove who was first, and to be honest I have a desire to create detailed statistics (my current rage level is off the charts).
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Previous

Return to Technical