NATION

PASSWORD

Hot Takes Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Roma Occidentalis
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Roma Occidentalis » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:46 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Keemstar wrote:Hot take,

Mormons are ideal Christians big family, young, high birth rate, extremely loyal, traditional family, ready to spread their message at a young age,

Mainstream sects could learn a lot from the Mormons I'm not even Mormon

They deny the Trinity and believe that Joseph Smith contributed more to humanity than Jesus Christ. They are not Christians.

I would describe them as Christian heretics, but I don't consider them to be exactly pagans. As a pagan myself, I wouldn't associate my faith with them.

It should be noted that the Trinity was a relatively late invention of the era of Constantine. There is no basis to assume that it was standard Christian dogma prior to the Council of Nicaea.
Last edited by Roma Occidentalis on Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male feminist sounds a lot to me like Jewish Nazi or black Klansman. Who would join any group that hates them?

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Founded: Nov 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:53 pm

Roma Occidentalis wrote:
Prima Scriptura wrote:
They deny the Trinity and believe that Joseph Smith contributed more to humanity than Jesus Christ. They are not Christians.

I would describe them as Christian heretics, but I don't consider them to be exactly pagans. As a pagan myself, I wouldn't associate my faith with them.

It should be noted that the Trinity was a relatively late invention of the era of Constantine. There is no basis to assume that it was standard Christian dogma prior to the Council of Nicaea.

I would say that a true Christian must affirm the Nicene creed. Anything else is heterodox.
30 year old American male living in Minneapolis, MN.
Other than that, I’m not sure what I am.

Free Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Algerstonia » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:19 pm

hot take: the ghost of kyiv was no fighter jet, it was an intervention coming from a higher power in the heavens to support ukraine and soon earth will be a warzone between hell and heaven
Z

Malaiya Union
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Malaiya Union » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:10 pm

How this pandemic developed, especially around its antivax movements, has exposed what I think would be a truly horrifying worst-case pandemic scenario: a disease as infectious as COVID that kills slowly. Something like an aerial HIV - life expectancy for an untreated HIV is around 11 years. Or of very low lethality rate, but universally causes significant life-long disability akin to long covid, especially if they develop slowly.

We don't know if there is a disease, or more concerningly a future bioweapon, that has a 100% chance of lethality in a period of 10 years - enough to destroy entire societies. Or hell, do things like damage the brain, greatly reducing intelligence or even crippling cognitive functions. In such scenario there is a good chance that civilization will simply collapse with no one being unable to do anything in the critical moments.
Last edited by Malaiya Union on Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
前進馬來亞 | Imagine a Singapore, but the scale of Indonesia

Chinese people took over Malaya; its native Malay and tribal people bulldozed by overpopulated megacities sprawl, destructive palm plantations, and hyper-competitive "kiasu" corporate culture. Under the authoritarian technocracy of Lee Kuan Yew and his "Kongsi government", the quasi-apartheid state grew into a cyberpunk techno-industrial behemoth equal to Japan. Yet the specter of Maoism and Islamism among the second-class is ever-present...

This nation is dedicated to the Islamist cleric near my friend's house, who preached during Friday sermon that the Chinese will buy up all the land and expell all the Muslims and the Muslims will be forced to live on top of the mountains. (It was election season).

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:14 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Roma Occidentalis wrote:

I would say that a true Christian must affirm the Nicene creed. Anything else is heterodox.

So in the 300 years between Jesus and the Nicene Creed, there were no Christians?
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:50 pm

"Amerindian" > "Native American" > "American Indian"
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

El Lazaro
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 19, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby El Lazaro » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:58 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Roma Occidentalis wrote:

I wouldn’t go that far, but Mormonism is based entirely on stuff Joseph Smith made up rather than earlier prophets. We consider Christianity a new religion for adding one big prophet to Judaism and Islam another new religion to adding another big prophet (with a bit of revisionism) to Christianity. Christians are more Jewish than Mormons are Christian, so I’d only (maybe) call Mormons Christian if I called Muslims Christian, which would be pretty silly.
Last edited by El Lazaro on Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:12 am

El Lazaro wrote:
Prima Scriptura wrote:

I wouldn’t go that far, but Mormonism is based entirely on stuff Joseph Smith made up rather than earlier prophets. We consider Christianity a new religion for adding one big prophet to Judaism and Islam another new religion to adding another big prophet (with a bit of revisionism) to Christianity. Christians are more Jewish than Mormons are Christian, so I’d only (maybe) call Mormons Christian if I called Muslims Christian, which would be pretty silly.

The most essential aspect of Christianity is belief in the titular Christ, and that that Christ is Jesus of Nazareth, which Mormons do believe. They believe Jesus was divine and died for everyone's sins and in doing so provided salvation.

I totally disagree with the assertion that Christianity is more Jewish than Mormonism is Christian. The Christian religion rejects some of the most important aspects of Judaism such as circumcision, and Christians largely hold that the laws of the Torah have been nullified. The "Great Commission" also implies that Jews are no longer a special chosen people following the death and resurrection of Jesus. It was very, very early in Christianity in which the majority of Christians broke away from the original apocalyptic Jewish sect of the apostles.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:49 pm

Absolutely no one has ever been "technically dead" or "dead for 2 minutes" or whatever. Death by definition is permanent and irrevocable. If your heart flatlined or you stopped breathing for a short time, you were never at any point dead, you were just having a very dangerous medical crisis. Only when your brain has been so starved off oxygen that absolutely nothing can ever make it function again are you dead.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:34 pm

Page wrote:Absolutely no one has ever been "technically dead" or "dead for 2 minutes" or whatever. Death by definition is permanent and irrevocable. If your heart flatlined or you stopped breathing for a short time, you were never at any point dead, you were just having a very dangerous medical crisis. Only when your brain has been so starved off oxygen that absolutely nothing can ever make it function again are you dead.

You never lived through the 14th century BCE in Scotland.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:36 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Page wrote:Absolutely no one has ever been "technically dead" or "dead for 2 minutes" or whatever. Death by definition is permanent and irrevocable. If your heart flatlined or you stopped breathing for a short time, you were never at any point dead, you were just having a very dangerous medical crisis. Only when your brain has been so starved off oxygen that absolutely nothing can ever make it function again are you dead.

You never lived through the 14th century BCE in Scotland.

Or appreciated a good Monty Python skit for that matter.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Perikuresu
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Perikuresu » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:20 pm

All of mothers are hamsters and all of your fathers smelt like elderberries
A Pacific nation or a MT liberalwank nation whose main premise is composed on a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities
NS Stats non canon, NS Policies canon tho
Aerilia is lying! They're not a unicorn, they're a Welsh Dragon!

Malaiya Union
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Malaiya Union » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:57 pm

The majority of top billionaires' wealth are largely nothing but the imagination of shareholders.
Last edited by Malaiya Union on Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
前進馬來亞 | Imagine a Singapore, but the scale of Indonesia

Chinese people took over Malaya; its native Malay and tribal people bulldozed by overpopulated megacities sprawl, destructive palm plantations, and hyper-competitive "kiasu" corporate culture. Under the authoritarian technocracy of Lee Kuan Yew and his "Kongsi government", the quasi-apartheid state grew into a cyberpunk techno-industrial behemoth equal to Japan. Yet the specter of Maoism and Islamism among the second-class is ever-present...

This nation is dedicated to the Islamist cleric near my friend's house, who preached during Friday sermon that the Chinese will buy up all the land and expell all the Muslims and the Muslims will be forced to live on top of the mountains. (It was election season).

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:51 am

Malaiya Union wrote:The majority of top billionaires' wealth are largely nothing but the imagination of shareholders.

Elon Musk and his fanboys in a nutshell
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:55 am

Not even a hot take, but just want to get it off my wings:

Seat Geek ads are cursed, and need to be purged from this world and every other version
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

United Valik
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2009

Postby United Valik » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:36 am

Free Ravensburg wrote:Not even a hot take, but just want to get it off my wings:

Seat Geek ads are cursed, and need to be purged from this world and every other version

I'm a big-time ass man, and even I find them annoying.
"It's one big club...and you ain't in it." - George Carlin

Wrongfully banned in 2022 and lived to tell about it.

Aggressive war is wrong, no matter who does it.

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:51 am

Paleoconservativism is effectively locking yourself in the basement and never coming out.

United Valik
Diplomat

Postby United Valik » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:54 am

Prima Scriptura wrote:Paleoconservativism is effectively locking yourself in the basement and never coming out.

I'm no conservative of any stripe but what is your particular beef with paleo-cons? Their foreign and trade policy often makes some sense, more so than neo-cons at least.
Last edited by United Valik on Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:58 am

United Valik wrote:
Prima Scriptura wrote:Paleoconservativism is effectively locking yourself in the basement and never coming out.

I'm no conservative of any stripe but what is your particular beef with paleo-cons? Their foreign and trade policy often makes some sense, more so than neo-cons at least.

I disagree that they foreign policy make more sense. Reason why I criticize Paleoconservatism so much is because I believe it is a horrible foreign policy and does nothing to defend institutions that protect and uphold western civilization, and democracy. Isolationism Isn’t healthy if it’s practiced by an individual or by a country. We can’t be ignorant of world affairs and we cannot sit in a bubble.

United Valik
Diplomat

Postby United Valik » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:35 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
United Valik wrote:

I disagree that they foreign policy make more sense. Reason why I criticize Paleoconservatism so much is because I believe it is a horrible foreign policy and does nothing to defend institutions that protect and uphold western civilization, and democracy. Isolationism Isn’t healthy if it’s practiced by an individual or by a country. We can’t be ignorant of world affairs and we cannot sit in a bubble.

We've tried interventionism in the past century and the results have been catastrophic. It's very regrettable that we got sucked into the Great War, because ever since, we've been trapped in a cycle of wars, proxy wars, coups, and sanctions. Not to mention serious blowback.
Last edited by United Valik on Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Port Caverton
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Caverton » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:08 pm

United Valik wrote:

While taking jobs back from chinese kids is great, racism and letting people die at the other side of the world because "ItS nOt OuR pRoBlEm" is bad
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

United Valik
Diplomat

Postby United Valik » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:10 pm

Port Caverton wrote:
United Valik wrote:

While taking jobs back from chinese kids is great, racism and letting people die at the other side of the world because "ItS nOt OuR pRoBlEm" is bad

What's racist about refusing to start fifty nation-building regime change wars again?

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:11 pm

United Valik wrote:

Because they are conservatives. Conservatism literally helps no one, not even the conservatives themselves.
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Port Caverton
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Caverton » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:12 pm

United Valik wrote:
Port Caverton wrote:While taking jobs back from chinese kids is great, racism and letting people die at the other side of the world because "ItS nOt OuR pRoBlEm" is bad

What's racist about refusing to start fifty nation-building regime change wars again?

It's more their immigration policy that is racist. Also many paleocons are massive anti-semites.

Not to mention, they would let ukraine get colonized just because it's a country across the atlantic ocean. They're bad people.
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:17 pm

Port Caverton wrote:
United Valik wrote:

It's more their immigration policy that is racist. Also many paleocons are massive anti-semites.

Not to mention, they would let ukraine get colonized just because it's a country across the atlantic ocean. They're bad people.

I dont see you marching off to fight for Ukraine.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General