NATION

PASSWORD

I Anaian One-Day Cricket Competition: OOC

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Anaian Board of Cricket
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 03, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

I Anaian One-Day Cricket Competition: OOC

Postby Anaian Board of Cricket » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:06 am

[img]Your%20account%20is%20too%20new%20to%20post%20images.[/img]
Presented by the Anaian Board of Cricket

.I ANAIAN ONE-DAY CRICKET COMPETITION: OOC THREAD.

Introduction

Welcome to the sign-up and OOC thread for the inaugural edition of the Anaian One-Day Cricket Competition (name pending). As Anaia is home to a number of sides that express a very strong interest in cricket, this region-wide tournament will hopefully unite the region of Anaia through shared links of sport, and more particularly, cricket. The One-Day International format (ODI) was chosen as a starting point for this cricket tournament as a median between Test cricket and Twenty20 cricket.

This thread may be used to post rosters to sign up and to discuss matters related to the tournament or Anaian cricket in general.

Sign-up & Instructions

Nations intending to sign up should ideally be in Anaia at the time of the creation of this thread. Nations returning from CTE or having joined Anaia after the sign-up thread is posted may enter at the discretion of the elected hosts or the organizers of the tournament. In extreme cases, this requirement may be waived altogether, though it should be seen as a last resort rather than the norm.

Each OOC user is allowed to sign up a maximum of two nations, with one nation being declared to be on "puppet" status. This "puppet" status should be both declared and confirmed by both users. Puppets may be excluded at the hosts' discretion without prior warning, and typically the later a puppet is signed up, the more likely it is to be dropped. Nations intending to enter via a different IC name to their OOC account are requested to indicate this in boldface.

In keeping to the traditions of other Anaian regional tournaments that have been organised thus far, a roster is required to sign up. The reason for this is because cricket, more than any other sport, requires knowledge on the details of both teams for conducive roleplaying. More information on how to create a cricket roster will be provided below.

Rosters

A cricket roster should consist of, at the bare minimum, at least 11 names plus RP permissions. If this is your first cricket competition, I highly recommend at least giving Ko-oren's guide to NS Sports cricket a read-through to grasp the basics of roleplaying cricket, the link to which can be found above. Examples of rosters can be found here — in the thread for the most recently completed GCF ODI trophy. The opening post of this thread also provides excellent tips on how to create a roster. For those unwilling, however, rosters should ideally include:

• At least 11 players (there is an in-character limit of 15, though going over this number will not be penalised)
  • A style modifier (Whether or not this will be used will be at the discretion of the host)
  • One captain
  • One wicket-keeper
  • Five players who are able to bowl
  • An indication of likely batting order
  • The colour of your kit, which must not be white,
  • And any other information that you deem is relevant.

Thanks to Gruenberg for their in-depth post on how to create a roster.

Style modifiers

Style modifiers are indicative of how attacking or defensive your team is. Unlike other sports, where style modifiers may range from -5 to +5, style mods in cricket range from -1 to +1. Modifiers outside of this range will be assumed to be at the maximum positive or negative value, and if none is provided, a value of 0 is provided. -1 represents a more conservative, defensive style of cricket predicated on preventing the opponent from scoring runs, while +1 represents a more aggressive, attacking style of cricket predicated on outscoring the opponent.

The usage of style mods is wholly at the discretion of the host. The host may also introduce other manners of style modifiers, such as ground modifiers (which make a ground more conducive for batting or bowling, as required) and a random weather modifier (which also affects the rate of batting and bowling).

RP Permissions

A list of basic RP permissions is included below; this is by no means a universal list and you may add to it if necessary, to clarify tactics or otherwise. Adding a RP permissions box to your roster is strongly advised, as this will assist your opponent in roleplaying their match should they roleplay it first. It is strongly advised that you are more lenient in your RP permissions here than in other sports, as, once again, strict permissions make it extremely difficult for your opponent to roleplay about the match.

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Godmod match events: Y/N
RP injuries to my players: Y/N
Godmod injuries to my players: Y/N
*Godmod how my players were dismissed: Y/N
Create a full scorecard for my team: Y/N
*It is assumed whoever RPs first has the right to select the method of dismissal, but not whether
there were godmod circumstances behind them (e.g. a ball hitting a bird before being caught fairly).

Thanks to Liventia for this RP permissions box.

Host bids

The process of host bidding is currently closed. Host bids should adhere closely to the one-day international format, though the only requirement is that the total number of deliveries for each team is close to (read: a 10-ball allowance either way) or exactly 300, as that is the total number of deliveries faced by each team in a real-life ODI match. Host bids should ideally also include the format, method of scorination, and tiebreakers. It is recommended that some form of knowledge in cricket roleplay, either in the form of previous participation in tournaments or an understanding of cricket, is had before you consider bidding.

The host voting process will not begin until at least a week from now, so as to prevent overlap with the currently-ongoing Anaian Rugby Classic as well as the CAFA tournament.

Misc.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to post them in this thread, or send a telegram to this nation. Or, you know, because it's <current year>, you can ask on Discord.

Users currently signed up: (3)
.Ko-oren. (±0)
.Grande Cucina. (+0.5)
.StrayaRoos. (±0)
.Gortolekua. (-0.4)
.Krytenia. (+0.7)
.The Plough Islands. (-0.5)
.Avorago. (-0.8)
.Kotzellach. (-0.5)

Host bids:

Kotzellach and Grande Cucina
Last edited by Anaian Board of Cricket on Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:46 am, edited 15 times in total.
ANAIAN BOARD OF CRICKET
cricket anytime anywhere anaia always cricket all the time
Currently administrated by: Ko-oren and The Plough Islands | Rankings
watch it all all here all the time forever it will never stop the cricket is officially going on forever it will never be finally decided who has won the cricket there is still everything to play for and forever to play it in so that's the cricket coming up watch it watch the cricket watch it watch it it's gonna fly watch the cricket it's cricket!

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:45 am

Ko-orenite ODI Cricket Team

All-time results:
OPP           W D L T Played
Krytenia 1 0 2 0 3
Liventia 2 0 0 0 2
Teusland 1 0 1 0 2
Plough Isles 1 0 0 0 1
Barunia 1 0 0 0 1
The Sarian 1 0 0 0 1
St Domingues 1 0 0 0 1
Indusse 1 0 0 0 1
Sajnur 1 0 0 0 1
New Lunenburg 0 0 1 0 1
Sylestone 0 0 1 0 1
Gruenberg 0 0 1 0 1
Darmen 0 0 1 0 1
TJUN-ia 0 0 1 0 1
Standard batting order:
Alois Lyness (23) - L med/L Opener - Greencaster
Simeon Penn (26) - L unorth/L Opener - Greencaster
Levi Pardey (25) - R fast/R Batsman - West Surbourneshire (C)
Everett White (32) - R med/R Batsman - Leeshire
Blaine Risewell (25) - R fast/R Batsman - Greencaster
Millhef yChirnall (21) - L fast/L All-rounder - Mawryshire
Gilbert Wheelwright (33) - R med/R Wicketkeeper - Greencaster
Lachlan Harvey (32) - R fast/R Pace Bowler - East Surbourneshire
Newton Courtenay (31) - R fast/R Pace Bowler - Leeshire (VC)
Julian White (21) - L unorth/L Spin Bowler - Greencaster
Rutherford Lincoln (32) - R leg/R Spin Bowler - Willowbourne

Additional team members:
Benajah Potter (24) - R fast/R Opener - East Surbourneshire
Moses Scovell (20) - L med/L Opener - West Surbourneshire
Genorak Dherengun (20) - L fast/L Batsman - Leeshire
Llowcan yRheighewn (32) - R med/R Batsman - Mawryshire
Ronald Taylor (23) - L med/L All-rounder - West Surbourneshire (VC)
Finley Meredith (29) - R leg/R Wicketkeeper - Willowbourne (VC)
Augustus Smith (24) - R fast/R Pace Bowler - Greencaster
Bert Chapman (22) - L med/L Pace Bowler - Leeshire
Garfield Hooligan (28) - L fast/L Pace Bowler - Willowbourne
Mitchell Enright (22) - R leg/R Spin Bowler - Greencaster
Ffentadd yGofflhaws (23) - R off/R Spin Bowler - Mawryshire

Region: (Starters)+(Additionals)

Greencaster: 5+2
Leeshire: 2+2
West Surbourneshire: 1+2
Mawryshire: 1+2
Willowbourne: 1+2
East Surbourneshire: 1+1

Team Bio:

After years of the rural regions (East SRB, West SRB, Leeshire, Mawryshire) getting stronger in long and short formats, we've gone all the way around for Greencaster and Willowbourne, the urban regions, to supply most players to the team. Greencaster's stars have far outshone the rest and have five members among the starters in the first game.

Lyness and Penn is seen as the best duo out there: not only are they from the same region and therefore have some rapport, they're simply the best we've got to offer. White is the anchor: he's the experienced batsman that dictates the pace should he be needed early. All in all, the selectors tried to achieve a decent right/left balance but just jotting down the top eleven names in the one-day game got them that balance. Wheelwright has been rumoured to retire at some point, having been the starting WK for the Ko-orenite test squads for a while as well, but he's back on the list, ahead of Meredith who has been waiting in the wings for a decade. Bowling is always a tricky thing: how exactly do you achieve a balance of featuring spin and pace, right and left, etc... but with yChirnall, Harvey, and Courtenay, there's a solid group of pacers. Whether White and Lincoln are needed remains to be seen.

As Additionals, a group of younger players has been called, together with much needed veterans at tight positions (yRheighewn, Meredith, Hooligan). Enright and Smith should be long-term options for a full decade of decent bowling.

Test ----------------------------------------------------- ODI ----------------------------------------------------- T20

Venues
Greencaster, Surbourneshire (used by Greencaster)
Greencaster Oval (50.000)
Ground mod 0

Willowbourne, Gehrenna (used by Willowbourne)
Royal Oval (40.000)
Ground mod +2

Maynard, Gehrenna (used by Leeshire)
Leewardia Oval (31.000)
Ground mod +3

Ansonville, Surbourneshire (used by West Surbourneshire)
Southbight Ground (29.000)
Ground mod -3

Llandy, Mawryshire (used by Mawryshire)
yBherafon Hills (24.000)
Ground mod -1

Cirelbourne, Surbourneshire (used by East Surbourneshire)
Silverion Ground (25.000)
Ground mod +1

Bruncester, Surbourneshire (used by East Surbourneshire)
Goledon Oval (25.005)
Ground mod 0
Last edited by Ko-oren on Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Grande Cucina
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Cucina » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:14 pm

FEDERAZIONE CRICKET GRANDE CUCINA
ODI CRICKET TEAM

Test (unused), ODI/T20 main, T20 alternate

Player                      Age     Sex     Role            Batting     Bowling
Maurizio Treccioni 24 M All-rounder LHB L orth spin
Sandro Murazzano 27 M All-rounder RHB R medium
Viviana Canestrato 23 F All-rounder RHB R off leg spin
Katia Farfalline 25 F All-rounder RHB R medium
Ileana Picchiarelli [vc] 32 F Wicket-keeper LHB --
Denis Caprino 29 M Bowler RHB R medium-fast
Davide Anellini [c] 34 M Bowler RHB R off spin
Leandro Crotonese 21 M Bowler RHB R leg spin
Carmina Asino 29 F Batter RHB R fast
Ester Testaroli 32 F Batter LHB L unorth spin
Emilia Tagliatelle 27 F Batter RHB R medium
Sérgio Tufoli 19 M Bowler LHB L fast
Lodovico Castelmagno 30 M Batter RHB --
Concetto Spiralini [vc] 32 M Bowler LHB R medium
Leopoldo Marzolino 31 M Batter RHB R fast-medium

Likely batting order: 1 - Treccioni, 2 - Murazzano, 3 - Canestrato, 4 - Farfalline, 5 - Asino, 6 - Testaroli, 7 - Tagliatelle, 8 - Castelmagno, 9 - Marzolino, 10 - Spiralini, 11 - Crotonese, 12 - Tufoli, 13 - Anellini, 14 - Caprino, 15 - Picchiarelli

Best players: Treccioni (batting), Anellini (bowling)

Style mod: 0.5

Godmod match events: Y*
RP injuries to my players: Y within reason
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Godmod how my players were dismissed: Y*
Create a full scorecard for my team: Y, please do as I will likely not be creating scorecards for my own team

*Please TG before going ahead for approval.

something something preconfirming puppet
Last edited by Grande Cucina on Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
REPUBBLICA DI GRANDE CUCINA
Grande Cucina - An Anaian nation whose inhabitants are merely happy to be alive and who all live to eat.
Population: 5.1 million | TLA: GCU | Capital and Largest City: Barilla
Domestic Sports | Coming Soon
President: Benedetta Tagliolini (Independent) | Prime Minister: Carlo Fazzoletti (Partito delle Regioni)
Puppet of Tumbra

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby StrayaRoos » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:23 pm

Batters
01:Adam Jones,31,LHB,RLS
22:John Philippe,21,RHB,LOS
02:Asiun Jun,19,RHB
03:Tui,39,LHB,LFM
04:Gayk,15,RHB
Wicket Keepers
05:Thomja Lau,19,LHB
06:Isar Healy,22,RHB
All-Rounders
07:Polo Garb,31,LHB,LM
08:Asva Xac,20,LHB,ROS,LOS (ambidextrous)
09:Connor Greene,15,RHB,RLS
10:Daniel Bradman,RHB,ROS
Bowlers
11:Josh Jonassen,27,LHB,LS
12:John Anderson,39,LHB,RFM
13:Soa Molinuex,25,LHB,LS
14:Luca Livingstone,RHB,RS

Godmod match events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod how my players were dismissed: Y
Create a full scorecard for my team: Y

Preferred Batting Order (Bowlers have number next to them)
1:Phillipe (C)
2:Jones
3:Jun
4:Tui
5:Bradman-5
6:Healy (WK)
7:Greene-1
8:Jonassen-6
9:Anderson-3
10:Molinuex-2
11:Livingstone-4

Last edited by StrayaRoos on Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Gortolekua
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Gortolekua » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:05 pm

The Cricket Board of Gortolekua
presents
The Gortolekua ODI Cricket Squad

Cricket? In this country? It's more likely than you think!

Consider this a "congrats on not isolating yourself" gift to the multiverse. Recluses no more, the recently inaugurated Gortoleki government has ended its self-imposed isolationist policy and is beginning to establish contacts to the outside world. Located on Hodeikoleku, to Murderbum's northeast, Gortolekua is a cold nation, both climate wise and people wise. That frigidness has led to little to no international relations and no access to its Eteroa Strait leading into the Rehevä Bay. Not to say Gortoleki people are mean, but they're pretty dry in their humor. In fact, this introduction to the team is the friendliest writing a Gortoleki entity has ever written to international audiences.

Cricket in Gortolekua
Previous governments deemed most sports that weren't association football, curling, or baseball as "unpatriotic." While these sports — including cricket — were banned from being played in public, a small group of renegade Gortoleki fell in love with the game thanks to shortwave radio broadcasts of cricket matches, most notably previous ODI World Trophies. Eventually, this led to late-night underground sessions (held overground, of course) at multi-field football complexes. Despite federal pleading for these players to not partake and embarrass the nation due to their lack of experience, the government relented because they needed to announce the end of their isolationism to the region somehow. That, and diplomatic relations hadn't been established to permit for the country to enter the CAFA Cup. Whoops! All in all, these players are honored to be Gortolekua's first diplomatic outreach to their fellow Anaian counterparts.

Because of the limited cricket player-ship in the country, just over 10 percent of Gortolekua's registered cricket players are named to the national team. All of these players hail from the Seinät Capital City, or Seinät.

The Winter Lynxes
The Fifteen
No. Name              Age     Position        Batting  Bowling (if applicable)
9. Gavin Bustillo 23 y/o Batter RHB n/a
61. Rubye Bone 25 y/o Bowler RHB Right-arm leg-spin
49. Nereida Darnell 26 y/o Wicket-keeper RHB n/a
1. Michael Gimenéz 22 y/o All-rounder LHB Left-hand unorthodox
4. Antonia Gore 24 y/o Bowler LHB Left-arm fast medium
13. Kamden Lynwood 29 y/o Batter RHB n/a
54. Marjorie Martel 30 y/o All-rounder LHB Right-arm fast
39. Roy Ortzi 18 y/o Wicket-keeper RHB n/a
13. Garnett Palmer 23 y/o Bowler RHB Right-arm fast
28. Maynard Racyhl 26 y/o Batter RHB Right-arm medium
00. Riannion Salinas 25 y/o Batter LHB n/a
11. Gualberto Slater 27 y/o Bowler RHB Right-arm leg-spin
43. Hayden Wheelock 23 y/o Batter RHB n/a
90. Phil Villalobos 27 y/o Batter LHB n/a
3. Rubio Zavala 28 y/o All-rounder LHB Left-arm medium fast

Standard Batting Line-up
Bustillo
Wheelock
Martel (c)
Racyhl
Lynwood
Zavala
Darnell (vc)
Gore
Slater
Palmer
Bone

Of our cricketers in this first ever international sport foray, captain Marjorie Martel may be the only player with any sort of true semblance of proper, professional playing ability had the sport been legal during her coming of age. Alas, she's got great pace on her deliveries and knows how to work her way around pesky bowls during those midnight sessions. The Bustillo-Wheelock opening duo is the nation's best, which might not be much given how few players exist in Gortolekua, but bowler Antonia Gore said of them, "They're both pains in my ass. Or at least, as much of a pain in the ass you can be with only a year or so of playing!"

Kit Colors

For the country's first venture into international cricket, (and international sport, for that matter) the Winter Lynxes will be donning its One-Day fits of a pink top with creme trim alongside its bright blue pants. Who knows what'll be more criminal: our playing or our kits!

RP Permissions and Other Stuff
Style Modifier: -0.4

Godmod match events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Telegram me first!
*Godmod how my players were dismissed: Telegram me first!
*It is assumed whoever RPs first has the right to select the method of dismissal, but not whether there were godmod circumstances behind them (e.g. a ball hitting a bird before being caught fairly).
Last edited by Gortolekua on Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Ethereal Republic of Gortolekua
Capital: Seinät | Population: 53.7 million | Demonym: Gortoleki | Region: Anaia | Trigram: GTK
Honors: 3rd, Baptism of Fire 78
the user behind Yttribia

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:26 pm

Squad for AODCC I
(style mod: +0.7)

2. Howard TATTON (HM Tatton)
Batsman : Right-handed
State: Beck SCC/Admirals

With soft hands and an eagerness to score runs, Tatton is an artisan at the crease. Unlikely to bloot the leather for six, but his ability to exploit gaps for boundaries makes him a dangerous opponent.

20. Andrew TAYLOR (ARD Taylor)
State Team: East Mercia SCC/Red Caps

Broke onto the international scene last year, having previously torn it up in state cricket for the Red Caps. Aggressive without being showy, Taylor prefers to find a gap and nail the ball through it as hard as he can. Expect the umpire to get involuntary trembles from signalling fours.

12. Edward FENN (EL Fenn)
State: West Mercia SCC/Sabres

The golden boy of Krytenian cricket, Ed Fenn loves the game. He's a supreme technician, preferring placement and accuracy to pure arm strength, looking to punish any gaps in the field. Also a top-notch fielder.

4. Ryan WATLING (RJ Watling)
Batsman : Left-handed
State: Central Mercia SCC/Scholars

What Watling lacks in finesse and shot selection, he makes up for in sheer brute force. He cleaves at the ball like he's brandishing a broadsword, and especially loves to thump shorter deliveries into the stands. Last season was a disaster, but he will be looking to get back into his old form post haste.

13. Diego AQUINO (DAR Aquino)
Batsman : Left-handed
State Team: Avide-Dioro SCC/Rivermen

Dreamed of a baseball career as a youngster, before switching to cricket thanks to Krytenia's lack of infrastructure in his preferred sport. His shot selection is somewhat rudimentary, but he makes up for this with excellent timing.

14. Wesley KOSTA (WS Kosta)
Wicket-keeper : Right-handed
State: Emberton SCC/Lions

Reliable behind the stumps - though Bradley Grafton has the drop on him in that regard - Kosta is the better batsman of the two, hence his selection ahead of his more unpredictable rival.

7. Lynton SAXON (LR Saxon)
CAPTAIN
All-rounder : Rght-handed : Right arm pace
State Team: Emberton SCC/Lions

Has a cricketing brain to be feared; sometimes gives off an air of being "surrounded by idiots" when field placements don't work the way he intends. Saxon's batting style leans towards keeping the ball low, looking to make the fielders work to prevent the four. With the ball, Saxon leans towards inviting the edge, tending to bowl a little short of length.

15. Gavin UDALL (GM Udall)
All-rounder : Right-handed : Right arm pace
State Team: Overa SCC/Warriors

An aggressive talent with either bat or ball in hand, Udall is sure to create excitement of some description, whether that be bowling 90mph artillery shells down the track, crunching a misplaced delivery into the stands, or losing his wicket in ridiculous fashion.

19. Martyn MIRANDINO (MJL Mirandino)
Bowler : Right-handed : Finger (off) spin
State Team: Overa SCC/Warriors

Mirandino is a spin bowler who can actually bat a little, and at a reasonable rate too. Has a nasty turn to his off-break, though bowls deliveries that feel slow even for spin.

16. Odell LOVATOVIC (OP Lovatovic)
Bowler : Right-handed : Right arm swing
State Team: Newland SCC/Bears

Lovatovic loves nothing more than a cloudy day and a white ball in his hand. Excels at getting the ball to move both ways. Batting isn't his strong suit, but then again that's not why he's in the team.

10. Brigham HILL (BY Hill)
Bowler : Left-handed : Wrist (leg) spin
State Team : Atrebla SCC/Cowboys

Potentially GCF's best Mormon. Hill is an absolute spin demon, foxing some of the world's best in every form of the game. Unfortunately, he can't bat for toffee.

Reserves:
1. Shelton SCHNELLER (SV Schneller) - Batsman : Right-handed - 30 - Sothis SCC/Stallions
6. Bradley GRAFTON (BH Grafton) - Wicket-keeper : Left-handed - 32 - Yardley SCC/Lumberjacks
11. William DE TONG (WJ de Tong) - Bowler : Right-handed : Finger (off) spin - 26 - Aigea SCC/Cormorants
21. Mason BOND (MFP Bond) - Bowler : Left-handed : Left arm pace - 23 - East Mercia SCC/Red Caps

Jersey:

RP Permissions:
Godmod match events: Yes: please TG first if it's especially out there.
RP injuries to my players: TG first, please.
Godmod injuries to my players: Depends on that TG you sent.
*Godmod how my players were dismissed: TG first, please.
Create a full scorecard for my team: Yes
*It is assumed whoever RPs first has the right to select the method of dismissal, but not whether there were godmod circumstances behind them (e.g. a ball hitting a bird before being caught fairly).
Last edited by Krytenia on Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Grande Cucina
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Cucina » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:34 pm

Kotzellach and Grande Cucina Host Bid
for the
I Anaian One-Day Cricket Competitition

What (and where)

Starring Kotzellachian money and Grande Cucinan terrain, the two nascent cricketing federations have put this bid together to try and draw more attention to their countries. The tournament will take place entirely on Grande Cucinan grounds, which will be hastily created by Kotzellachian money — but Kotzellach will get top billing for the event; after all, it's thanks to their grace and money that this tournament is taking place at all.

Who

The user behind both Kotzellach and Grande Cucina has not taken part or hosted in any GCF cricket competitions, but has two completed seasons of domestic cricket under their belt, and has participated in the EspoT20 competition on both occasions it has been scorinated.

How

This is the interesting bit. I will be putting two versions of this bid up to vote — one with a 50-over, 6-ball-per-over format, for a total of 300 deliveries, and, because this is Anaia, one with a 43-over, 7-ball-per-over format, for a total of 301 deliveries. Why 43 and 7? IC-wise it's to pay homage to the Novastrella, which has 7 points. OOC-wise, it's a) for laughs, b) because this is Anaia, and c) couple of us came up with the idea of prime numbers for both overs and balls per over because d) this is Anaia. I will stress that 43x7 is by no means the preferred format; I am neutral on whichever format wins the host vote and will go with whichever wins the host vote.

The 50x6 format will be scorinated using Gruenberg's formula that they used when scorinating the most recent GCF ODI trophy.
The 43x7 format will be scorinated using a modified version of the ODI xkoranate formula, which was very helpfully provided to me by Sylestone.

Scorination will occur once every 48 hours. Style modifiers will be in use, and will be used as follows:

1. The team style mod (-1 to +1)
2. Ground style mods (-3 to +3)
3. A weather mod which will differ by matchday (-1 to +1).

A team with a -1 style mod could therefore find itself with a style mod of up to +3 if they are playing on a batting-friendly ground with good weather conducive for it.

RP bonus will be generous, as usual, with rosters providing up to double of one day's RP bonus; the ranks to be used will be the ranks provided in the OP, with one important caveat — to prevent the three teams with a rank from running away with the competition, their current rank will be capped at 4.00 as a baseline. I am open to debate on this, and am also amenable to removing this provision altogether should it generate too much opposition from participants. Maxrank will be set at the highest attainable rank for the day. RP bonus will be non-degrading.

In general, things will be conducted quite similarly to IRL; 10 over limit per bowler (Three bowlers will be able to bowl nine overs in the 43-over format, and the others may bowl only eight), and DRS review will be allowed. These are all IC limitations, of course.

Draws will be broken using the Super Over system in the knockout stages. Draws in the group stage will be left as-is. Two points for a win, one for a draw, none for a loss.

The tiebreakers will be: Points, wins, net run rate (using Ko-oren's net run rate calculator), H2H, RP bonus, IC coinflip. Tables will be provided after each match.

Format

We currently have 5 signups, with at least two more coming (Plough and Kotzellach). The format, will depend on the number of nations signed up. While I personally doubt we will reach 16 countries, I will provide formats for that anyway.

6, 7, 8 or 9: Single group stage, with one group comprising all teams; where each team plays each other once; the top four teams will proceed to the semi-final. There will be a third-placed playoff match, which will be scorinated at the same time as the final.

10, 12, 14 or 16: Two groups of five, six, seven or eight; each team will play each other once. The top two teams from each group will proceed to the semi-final. From there, read above. With 14 and 16 countries, the top four teams from each group will proceed to the quarter-final.

When

The posting of the Everything thread will be after the Anaian Rugby Classic finishes, and scorination will most likely only begin once the CAFA tournament reaches its later stages. I will co-ordinate with the host of the CAFA tournament to enhance the experience for everybody.

IC details

will be provided, of course.

Questions and comments

are welcome, particularly those on the ranking cap I have proposed.
Last edited by Grande Cucina on Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REPUBBLICA DI GRANDE CUCINA
Grande Cucina - An Anaian nation whose inhabitants are merely happy to be alive and who all live to eat.
Population: 5.1 million | TLA: GCU | Capital and Largest City: Barilla
Domestic Sports | Coming Soon
President: Benedetta Tagliolini (Independent) | Prime Minister: Carlo Fazzoletti (Partito delle Regioni)
Puppet of Tumbra

The Plough Islands
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 02, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Plough Islands » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:00 pm

INTRODUCTION

The flag of the Plough Islands, a vertical triband of green, amber, and green charged in the centre with the country's coat of arms, flown since independence in 1960.

Followers of multiversal cricket are probably well acquainted with the Commonwealth of the Plough Islands, but those who do not might well wonder about this small country far to the northwest of Anaia, a fog-shrouded archipelago of granite outcrops and sweeping wheat fields with a population of just over a hundred and forty thousand. Plough Islanders are rarely found in the capitals of the world - the country has few overseas diplomatic missions - but on your travels, you may have seen them from time to time, perhaps quietly appreciating Brutalist architecture or hurrying, head down, past garish advertising boards in places far removed from their home.
What they lack in numbers, they more than match any other country in the multiverse for their spirit and pride. After the tumultuous events that followed the Party of Socialists of the Plough Islands gaining independence from the British Empire in 1960, with a third of the population emigrating in the face of economic collapse, those who remained held firm with each other, and actively played a role in building the Marxist-Leninist society that followed. They are fishers, farmers, miners, artists, and educators; they are industrious, yet patient, and hardy, yet accepting. They are pale, well-built, often long-haired, and clad against the wind in thick cashmere sweaters. They know that a blanket of morning mist means a calm sea and gentle skies for the day ahead, and that a sudden noise in the night is more likely to be a stray fox than a hostile intruder. They shun blind faith and superstition, and value solidarity and loyalty, to each other and to their ideals. They speak English, a legacy of their ancestors, softly and precisely, and a few of them might also speak Russian, a legacy of more recent migration. They regard other governments and outside forces with trepidation, but receive their people cordially.
And many of them can bowl a good leg break. Cricket came to the Plough Islands with the first British settlers and thrived in their cool, mild climate and gently sloping lowland plains, with virtually every community in the country hosting at least one club. Such was the popularity of the game that when Gabriel Sutcliffe, one of the architects of the Socialist movement, sought to awaken a sense of Plough Islander identity within the colonists, cricket was as much a part of his vision as the towering Sutton pines or the inevitability of the final triumph of communism. The Plough Islands Cricket Association was founded in Sutton in 1920, and administers the game in the country from its offices within the Modernist concrete stands at December Park, the country's national stadium. The senior national team, the Foxes, are the pride of virtually the entire country, and have historically performed well in One Day Internationals; they reached the semi finals of the inaugural Global Cricket Federation World Trophy in Liventia, and reached the Super Eight stage of the second edition in Gruenberg in somewhat more trying circumstances.
Since the Plough Islands forged new relationships with the co-signatories of the Declaration of Foxchester, though, the Association has been enticed by the prospect of more regular white-ball cricket, and were one of the founding members of the Anaian Board of Cricket. The first ever Anaian championship in the sport will, therefore, be widely anticipated; even though longtime captain Kevin Laing will likely be absent, and the leadership of the Association will have one eye on preparation for the upcoming third World Trophy later in the spring, the nascent competition will be taken no less seriously by players and cricket lovers on the islands. Indeed, for a Foxes team keen to deepen their country's sporting links with their fellow travellers in Anaia, a regional title would be a cherished prize.

PLAYERS

ImagePLOUGH ISLANDS CRICKET ASSOCIATIONImage
SQUAD FOR THE I ANAIAN O. D. C. C.

#NO PLAYER BAT BOW
#1 AC Leggett (c) RHB RLB
#2 DV Andreyev RHB RFM
#3 S Ashe RHB ROB
#4 A Baxter RHB RFS
#5 TM Bleasdale (w) RHB
#6 AM Donovan RHB
#7 TSF Gibbs RHB RLB
#8 JKI Hart LHB LMF
#9 AJ Hendricks RHB RLB
#10 P Hodgeson LHB SLU
#11 IT Lebed (w) LHB
#12 LA Martin (w) LHB
#13 NA Salisbury LHB SLA
#14 BK Scarbeck RHB
#15 ADM Tyrie RHB RLB
#16 ANL Weaver RHB
#17 SLC Weaver RHB RLB
#18 SH Wilson RHB ROB

(TOURNAMENT STYLE MODIFIER: -0.5)

BIOGRAPHIES

Audrey Catherine Leggett
Team captain
33 years old; born 12 March 1988, Foxdale
Right-hand bat, right-arm leg break
Opening batter and batting all-rounder
34 ODIs (1314 runs at 23.00; 11 wickets at 74.45)
With regular captain Kevin Laing having only just returned to second XI cricket after the birth of his daughter in November, the role has passed to the notoriously direct Leggett, although behind the uncomplicated front is an empathy and determination that earns the respect of her comrades. Stocky and powerful, Audrey is straightforward in both her words and her deeds, with a combative approach to batting that has only slightly weathered over time; the standard caricature is of her hitting every delivery over midwicket in a distinctly unsubtle way, before charging out of her crease at the wrong time. This assessment is not entirely unfair, but it ignores her wealth of experience and tactical nous which sees her able to dig in and hold on to her wicket under pressure. She lives on a goat farming cooperative near Foxdale with comrade and girlfriend Naomi Salisbury.

Dimitry Vladimirovich Andreyev
19 years old; born 14 July 2002, Redcliff
Right-hand bat, Right-arm fast-medium
Lower-order bowling all-rounder
Uncapped in ODIs
Good quick bowlers are a rare resource on the relatively soft pitches of the Plough Islands, and those with a knack for the art tend to get recognised early. Andreyev was one such player, and transitioned from a specialist batsman in his youth to being a true all-rounder; he bowls line and length, from a relatively short runup, with a very natural action that can conceal an excellent yorker. He still knows his way around the crease with the bat, too - he has a very strong defence and a watchful approach that makes him difficult to remove when he gets settled. The youngest player in the squad by a few months, Dimitry is an apprentice engineer at the shipyard in Marsh.

Sarah Ashe
27 years old; born 30 August 1994, Crabble
Right-hand bat, right-arm off break
Bowler
32 ODIs (162 runs at 18.00; 42 wickets at 29.07)
For a long time, offspinner Ashe was the only player in the national setup to play for two senior teams; a constable on New Hibernia, she first broke into the Sutcliffe Shield through the Constabulary setup, and continues to represent them while turning out for the island team in the Harrison Cup. Her run-up and delivery is unusual and looks ungainly, particularly when coming from over the wicket, and has on occasion attracted the attention of the authorities, but it is precise and often effective. Sarah's strengths lie in her control over the flight and turn of the ball, probing for the variation that catches the opposition out. She is no batting rabbit either, with a strong counterattacking instinct that serves her well in lower order run chases.

Andrew Baxter
32 years old; born 9 January 1990, Sutton
Right-hand bat, right-arm fast
Bowler
28 ODIs (60 runs at 10.00; 42 wickets at 38.38)
Baxter's main distinguishing features are his height (nearly 1.9 metres), long arms, and the mane of strawberry hair that bounces in the air as he enters his delivery stride. Possibly the fastest bowler currently playing in the Plough Islands, Andrew can be occasionally expensive and prone to injury but his raw speed and bounce, as well as his knack for turning the ball off the seam, give him many ways of catching opposing batters out. He is also a capable fielder, and a popular figure within the team; his sunny, easygoing personality stands in contrast to the intimidation caused by his bowling. Away from cricket, he works as a specialist stonemason and is set to become a father for the second time in April; he lives in Sutton.

Timothy Matthew Bleasdale
32 years old; born 1 June 1989, Formby (GB)
Left-hand bat, left-arm medium
Wicket-keeper
23 ODIs (460 runs at 38.33)
A popular and genial figure, and an eternal optimist, Bleasdale is the only player in the squad to have learned his cricket outside the islands. Born on Merseyside and brought up a committed socialist, he left Britain for the Plough Islands in his twenties as something of a political exile, working as a teacher of geography and history at the Lainemouth Higher School. It was sport, though, that kept him on these shores, as he rose up from occasional club cricket to the Swift first team, and he was naturalised as a citizen in 2018, with his zeal for his adopted country away from the cricket field matching his confidence on it. Tim's batting owes quite a lot to the Liverpool & District Colts, particularly his aggression against fast bowling, while he makes his presence known constantly from behind the stumps - barely a ball passes without words of encouragement or a chirped suggestion for the bowler or the batter.

Arthur Mikhail Donovan
32 years old; born 30 April 1989, Redcliff
Middle-order batter
20 ODIs (271 runs at 16.94)
Something of a veteran in this very young squad, 32-year-old Donovan is a well-known and regarded figure in Redcliff cricket circles, dovetailing his role as an administrator and committee member at the Ironworks Ground with being an attacking middle-order batsman for the first team. Relatively short and square-shouldered, Arthur's style of getting underneath deliveries and flicking them away is influenced by the hard, bouncy pitches he grew up on; he handles pace well, and can score very heavily once he gets started. Consequently he tends to struggle on slower tracks, with his usual approach translating into an early return to the pavilion as often as not, but he remains more than capable of putting some impetus into a flagging innings. Arthur is a strong fielder in the deep when not batting, and is one of the only players in the squad skilled in hopping back and forth over the boundary to legally catch high shots.

Terry Stephen Frederick Gibbs
20 years old; born 17 November 2001, Sutton
Bowler
3 ODIs (yet to bat; 4 wickets at 34.00)
Gibbs has been nurtured as a talent from an early age; he played for the youth teams at Sutton's Red Star Academy and has matured considerably since stepping up to senior cricket. The maturation has not affected his technique, which remains extremely natural and instinctive, and more his mentality; he can still be passionate and emotionally driven, and his form tends to have higher peaks and deeper troughs than other players like him. When the mood is right, though, Terry can be devastatingly accurate and very difficult to score runs against - such is the spin that he applies that the resulting turn can be almost unplayable even with a new ball. He recently completed a degree from the University of the Plough Islands in Marxist-Leninist economics.

Jennifer Kimberley Inessa Hart
22 years old; born 3 January 2000, Lainemouth
Left-hand bat, left-arm medium-fast
Bowler
Uncapped in ODIs
One of only two specialist quick bowlers in the team, Hart grew up bowling off spin and only began experimenting with pace late in her teens, only to find that she had a natural talent for getting the ball to swing both ways. Jennifer's action is very smooth and consistent, although she has a tendency to overstep more than most bowlers, and she can be genuinely quick as well with her best deliveries approaching 120 kilometres an hour. It is her slower deliveries that move more in the air, though, and her wickets often come from balls that drift in from outside the line of off stump. Wiry and relatively tall, she looks a little out of place when batting in oversized pads but can hold down an end well, despite most of her options being defensive; she is notoriously difficult to remove from the crease.

Arnoldus Johannes Hendricks
22 years old; born 19 August 1999, Knysna (RSA)
Middle-order batting all-rounder
6 ODIs (151 runs at 50.33; 4 wickets at 63.75)
Born in South Africa as the only son of future Plough Islands head coach Lourens Hendricks, but raised mostly in Sutton, Jannie inherited a loopy leg break technique (and a general eagerness to play any role felt necessary) from his father, but tends to contribute more with the bat than the ball. While generally coming in later in the batting order to see innings home, he is far from averse to rescue missions, almost thriving under pressure and very capable of farming the strike to protect the tail. His batting is normally quite orthodox, although he has been known to see all 360 degrees of the boundary as legitimate targets and has the guile to play aerial shots without fear of being caught. A geologist by trade, he is yet to follow his father into coaching, but has committed himself to playing elite level cricket for the foreseeable future.

Peter Hodgeson
21 years old; born 25 October 2000, Southport
Left-hand bat, slow left-arm unorthodox
Middle-order batting all-rounder
One ODI (4 runs at 4.00; one wicket at 20.00)
A calm, assured young all-rounder with a gift for unusual shot selection and a very stylish approach with the bat, there is little that Hodgeson is unwilling to do; he bowls difficult left-arm wrist spin and is an excellent fielder deep in the field, where he uses his tall frame to good effect. If he has a weakness, it is an occasional tendency to overthink situations and try for boundaries despite obvious traps that have been set, but these somehow work out in his favour more often than not. Despite his age, Peter also has a strong command of tactics and team selection; it is not for nothing that he captained most of his age group teams and the Young Foxes. Beyond playing cricket, he is employed in the sport as well, coaching in the New Hibernia schools programme.

Ilya Tikhonovich Lebed
28 years old; born 28 September 1993, Highrock
Left-hand bat, slow left-arm orthodox
Wicket-keeper
12 ODIs (193 runs at 38.60)
Lebed had to choose in higher school whether to devote more time to cricket or gymnastics; until he was sixteen he was competitive in both, and some of his diving stops as well as his half-tiptoed stance behind the stumps would not look out of place in a sprung floor routine. Plough Islander cricket is all the richer for his committing to it, though, and his formerly highly cautious, leave it and see approach to batting has developed a distinct edge in recent years. Still, Ilya tends to take some time to settle after coming to the crease, although once the reverse sweep and ramp shot have been unsheathed they tend to stay in use. An officer in the Plough Islands Air Force reserve, and a keen glider pilot, he lives in New Dalmatia with his partner Paul.

Leanne Amanda Martin
32 years old; born 27 March 1989, Foxdale
Wicket-keeper
20 ODIs (392 runs at 20.63)
While Martin can keep wicket quite ably, her inclusion in the squad is almost entirely due to her batting prowess, which is largely down to her upper body strength - honed through a decade of labour on the Foxdale harbourside - and ability to clear the ropes with little or no provocation. Her relatively subdued manner, almost hidden behind a tangle of red curly hair, disguise the courage and bravery with which she plays; she makes little outward change in her approach whether the score is 20 or 200. Notably versatile, she has batted as high as 2 and as low as 8 in senior competition, and tends to treat hard or soft pitches and pace or spin bowling with about the same level of verging on disrespect.

Naomi Anne Salisbury
29 years old; born 21 December 1992, Waterfalls
Bowler
32 ODIs (6 runs at 2.00; 66 wickets at 19.73)
Salisbury's left arm spin comes with a broad selection of variations and almost laserlike accuracy, with a new or old ball, and what she occasionally lacks in turn she makes up for by being unreadable and unpredictable. She is capable of probing away at the same weakness for overs on end until she finds a breakthrough, and can bowl those overs rapidly to increase the pressure on batters. Though Naomi's intensity has mellowed a little since she first entered the scene - she celebrates wickets with a smile and a laugh now, particularly since moving to Bradford to be with partner Audrey Leggett - her determination and desire to perform have not, and Naomi's bounding runup continues to harbour doom for her opposition. Her batting has also improved, with her ability to hold on to her wicket improved considerably over her early twenties, if not her ability to score runs.

Brett Kevin Scarbeck
31 years old; born 10 October 1990, Whitby (GB)
Opening batter
11 ODIs (471 runs at 52.33)
Scarbeck has perhaps the most unusual 'regular' occupation in the squad; he is a landscape artist, whose depictions of misty sunrises over Avalon and cliffs meeting the waves off New Hibernia have been exhibited internationally. It took some time for cricket to become a priority for him, but with a bat rather than a brush he is tenacious, agile, and well aware of where his off stump is. Brett scores highly through consistent singles - unusually for an opener, he rarely aims to create boundaries and sixes - and a determination to not let his wicket go cheaply, often holding back through the initial overs before playing increasingly attacking shots later in the game. His greatest strength is potentially his speed between the wickets, enabling him to convert runs that would otherwise not be possible.

Arnold David MacManus Tyrie
20 years old; born 29 January 2002, Highrock
Top-order batting all-rounder
9 ODIs (207 runs at 23.00; one wicket at 50.00)
The most common term used to describe Tyrie is 'an old (blonde, bespectacled) head on young shoulders', and his maturity serves him extremely well despite making his senior cricket debut only last year. Arnold's standout quality is his patience and intelligence; when all else appears lost, he can keep his bearings, enduring difficult bowling and protecting his wicket in order to be able to bat with confidence when the time is right. Often this is like a switch being turned on; he stands very still at the wicket but opens his arms explosively and can loft the ball for ages and ages in the blink of an eye. Arnold also has a sideline in leg breaks, and has opened the bowling when playing for the University of the Plough Islands team.

Andrew Neil Lenin Weaver
21 years old; born 12 April 2000, Sutton
Opening batter
Uncapped in ODIs
Though there have been others in the past, the Weavers - opener Andrew and all-rounder Shauna - are the first brother and sister to be named in the same Plough Islands squad in the GCF era. They share the same dark hair, jawline, and deep green eyes, but their cricket is rather different; the all-out attacking instincts that are more latent in Shauna are almost permanently on show for Andrew, who plays off his front foot regularly and at his best can sweep and scythe his way to runs no matter the delivery. This often results in high scores and strike rates, but also contributes to a lot of cheap wickets, and moving into senior cricket has required him to work on his defence and revise some of his fundamental technique, making him a far more potent threat.

Shauna Leigh Clara Weaver
28 years old; born 30 January 1994, Sutton
Top order batting all-rounder
32 ODIs (1725 runs at 59.48; 13 wickets at 69.69)
Shauna Weaver is undoubtedly the most versatile batter in the squad, and potentially the whole of the country; her shot selection is excellent, and she is particularly skilled at reading and playing against spin bowling. An astute tactician and a captain of age group teams, she adapts well to the situation at hand, be it a flat track slugfest or coming in at 5-2 to steady a listing ship, and knows how to pace her innings in the shorter formats of the game. Shauna also bowls leg spin, and has enough command of her accuracy and flight to be a useful partnership breaker when the need arises. Both Weaver siblings are writers by training; Andrew works at the Commonwealth Printer, while Shauna is a journalist with The Plough Islands Gazette.

Sarah Hester Wilson
29 years old; born 28 February 1993, Redcliff
Bowler
One ODI (3 runs at ∞; one wicket at 33.00)
Rather than just wearing the shirt, Redcliff spinner Wilson goes a step further and, in her regular job as a designer at the Red Flag co-operative, actually helped to make it. Tall and broad, the main thing setting her off breaks apart is the speed at which they are delivered; for a spin bowler she generates considerable bounce, and combined with her confidence - and more than a little wit - she can be a daunting opponent. Unfortunately, as well as wickets, Sarah seems to pick up more than her fair share of bad luck; she has not always been at her physical best in recent years. However, she has battled her way back into contention after each setback, and adds a new and distinctly high angle to the Plough Islander spin attack.

EQUIPMENT

The playing kits of the Plough Islands Cricket Association, in the traditional white for Tests and limited-overs kits in green, red, and the colours of Anaia, made at the Red Flag Textile Co-operative.

The Plough Islands Cricket Association is due to introduce new playing kits in time for the third World Trophy, so the Anaian championships serve as something of a lap of honour for the current designs, which incorporate contrasting fine mesh panels and a map of the islands woven into the shirt fabric. In honour of the occasion, Red Flag have produced a special version in the purple and teal of Anaia, which is likely to be worn in lieu of the standard green and amber or the alternative red where the colours of the opposing team allow. The crest of the Association remains the same as it always has in the Global Cricket Federation era; the Plough and the nowed foxes, as seen further up the page, will continue to be worn with pride.

PERMISSIONS

My opponent, if they RP our match first, may do the following:
Choose my playing XI: N
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod events (including injuries and dismissals): See below

I prefer to collaborate on match events wherever possible, including scorecards and (particularly inspired) godmods; please feel free to reach out, either via telegram or through the Anaia Discord server, with ideas and suggestions. While bearing in mind that the Plough Islands are a fairly quiet, mundane nation, this doesn't entirely preclude shenanigans happening - let me know if you have an idea that you think would fit!
Last edited by The Plough Islands on Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
National team
Test rank: 6th
ODI rank: 1st
Commonwealth of the Plough IslandsPopulation: 139,550Golden age, revealed today
ANAIA NATION
Because not all those
who wander are lost
he/they

See also: overview factbook

Avorago
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Avorago » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:25 pm

Avorago Squad for AODCC I

When Anaian sporting authorities indicated their intention to begin a regional one-day cricket tournament following the creation of the CAFA (association football) and ARC (rugby), the small island nation of Avorago in the centre of the Sea of Ayes was once again sent an official participation ticket, if they wished to take it up. With Avoragans playing a 28-game season of pigball (modified football), there was much competition to break into the eventual 23-player squad that was taken to Legalese to compete in the inaugural CAFA, where they defied all expectations with their aggressive playstyle, finishing third. However, due to logistical issues, they have not taken place in a further CAFA, much to the dismay of the players. However, in rugby, the physical nature of the sport surprisingly did not attract enough interest, with only a little over a dozen players turning up to the trial, and many of them not being of a required calibre to play without getting absolutely mauled. The same was expected for cricket, being a sport with many, many differences to the likes of Avoragan pigball, but somehow, this proved to not be the case.

Of the 1100 people on the island, 70 of them turned up to the trials held at the clearing a couple of months out from the tournament start date, which were to be played on a hastily-prepared strip of short, dead grass located in the centre of the area - one that appeared to heavily favour the “spin-bowling” technique that was shown in the manual sent to them along with a rulebook and an invite. The players were separated into five teams of fourteen, and over the course of a week, they played a round-robin, while selectors sat and took notes on the effectiveness of each of the players. And this, with detail, was the squad of sixteen they opted to send for the inaugural AODCC edition.

Openers

Name				Age		Gender		Batting Hand	Bowling Style
Chinwuebo Chinama 24 Male RHB RLS
Otutodilinna Choike 22 Female LHB LFM

Nnenne Chiemezie 28 Female RHB N/A

It would be impossible to choose two opening batters that could further contrast each other. Literally the only two similarities between Chinwuebo Chinama and Otutodilinna Choike are that a) only two years apart in age and b) they both like cricket. That’s literally it. Choike is more of a relaxed, free-flowing batter, willing to take her time early in her innings, while pigball defensive-midfielder Chinquebo Chinama is far from that. While he has an aesthetic technique from studying this new “video” technology that was sent over within the parcel that contained the invite, he certainly likes to have a bit of a hit while the bowlers are still trying to find their lines and lengths. And it paid off, with the 24-year-old smashing 225 runs in four games during the trials at a strike-rate of above 130, earning an immediate ticket into the team. Meanwhile, reserve opener Nnenne Chiemezie is a bit more patient, but certainly still likes to play her shots and plays with an odd technique, moving across her stumps to try and suck the bowlers in to attempting to trap her LBW, where she is able to play her favourite shot - a little flick through mid-wicket. In contrast to Chinama and Choike, Chiemezie has no intention of being a bowler - even part-time - while Chinama’s leg-spinners can get a bit of turn despite being rather unpredictable and Choike can bowl useful overs as a medium-pacer if the situation requires it.

Batters

Anenechukwu Daniel 25 Female LHB N/A
(+) Coobine Muljohn 25 Male RHB N/A
Chidubem Chidimma 20 Female RHB RM
Mbanefo Muomelu 31 Male LHB LOS

(+) Zenzem Mehari 30 Female LHB N/A
Uzodimma Nebeolisa 21 Female RHB LM

To be perfectly honest, there’s no one outside of the top five or so in the Avorago batting order that appear to be able to make a match-winning knock on a semi-regular basis. After Chinama and Choike, Anenechukwu Daniel comes in at three, and is by far the best batter in the lineup, scoring two centuries and hitting a big half-century during the trials, looking a class above everyone else with her driving and cutting. If anything, a little bit of work may be required on the short ball at her body, but other than that, good luck getting the 25-year-old out. In at four would usually be another pigballer, Avorago skipper Eberegbulam Onwuamaeze (more on him later), and then at five is first-choice wicketkeeper Coobine Muljohn, whose goalkeeping skills helped him take out that position in this team. However, it was his finishing prowess with the bat that really shone through during trials, and in the case of an early collapse, he will often be held back unless the need is fire.

And then we get to the fragile bit. Nothing against Chidubem Chidimma, Mbanefo Muomeli, backup wicketkeeper Zenzem Mehari (who is also a goalkeeper) and Uzodimma Nebeolisa, but they simply do not possess the pure skills the top five have. Sure, Chidimma made a sublime century during trials and the rest all looked good, certainly doing enough to earn a place here, but up against world-class attacks, it will be a serious question to see whether they can handle it and accumulate their runs. Muomelu’s aggressive style might, but for Mehari and Nebeolisa? They’ll certainly have to prove their worth.

All-rounders

(c) Eberegbulam Onwuamaeze 26 Male RHB RLS

Dike Kennenna 24 Male RHB LOS
Nnenne Anayolisa 25 Female RHB RF

Captaining the Avoragan side will be Eberegbulam Onwuamaeze, who, behind Chinama and Daniel, was the third-highest run-scorer in the trials, and was the second-highest wicket-taker. The amount of turn he gets is rarely rivalled and while, yes, he could spend a little more time on accuracy, his skills at varying the amount of spin on the ball are unmatched in Avorago. A little more work is required on his variations, though, as at the moment they are fairly obvious. His batting is also obviously top-notch and just needs to work on converting 40s and 50s into big 100s. Dike Kennenna is more of a bowler but has some hitting ability, while Nnenne Anayolisa is much in the same boat, although she is widely accepted as a better batter than Kennenna. Her pace is good, but can be erratic at times.

Bowlers

Chiazagomekpere Udegbunam 33 Male RHB ROS
Chiwetalu Okwuoma 20 Male LHB LF
Maduabuchim Chinomso 30 Male RHB RFM
Rapuluolisa Chialuka 24 Male RHB RLS

Ogbenyeanu Ubanwa 35 Female LHB LLS
Abazu Nnonso 34 Male RHB RF

Now onto the bowling, almost unarguably Avorago’s strength. Leading the attack will be the extreme pace of Chiwetalu Okwuoma, who regular had batters getting jumpy during trials, and the guile and accuracy of Maduabuchim Chinomso. But then, after that, comes Avorago’s real strength - their spinners. Alongside Onwuamaeze, Chiazagomepere Udegbunam can bowl quality off-spinners on a tight line and length, while Rapuluolisa Chialuka’s variations are very accurate and difficult to pick. If a turning pitch is prepared, then opposition middle-orders must beware, for those three will almost undoubtedly bowl 30 overs between them without giving anything anyway. But if a greener pitch is prepared, then Abazu Nnonso’s quick seamers are likely to come into play in way of one of Udegbunam or Chialuka. This all means that poor old Ogbenyeanu Ubanwa is unlikely to get a game, but if someone isn’t quite up to scratch, then you never know.

RP Permissions

Choose my playing XI: Only if I haven’t specified it in a previous RP
Godmod match events: Yes, but please acquire prior permission
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but please acquire prior permission
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Godmod how my players were dismissed: Yes, but if it’s drastic, then please acquire prior permission
Create a full scorecard for my team: Yes

Style mod: -0.8

Kotzellach
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2021

Postby Kotzellach » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:12 am

Wir sind eine Marionette von Grande Cucina (falls es nicht schon offensichtlich war)

KOTZELLACH CRICKETBUND
ODI CRICKET TEAM

Test (unused), ODI/T20 main, T20 alternate

Player                      Age     Sex     Role            Batting     Bowling
Christoph Hagemann 30 M Batter RHB Right-arm slow-medium
Jana Moser 27 F All-rounder RHB Right-arm medium
Carolina Paulsen 24 F Batter RHB Right off-break
Iris Bergmann 22 F Batter LHB Left-arm slow-medium
Hans-Ulrich Baumann 29 M Batter RHB Right-arm slow
Klaus-Jürgen Kraus [c] 35 M Bowler RHB Right leg-break
Ludwig Hagemann [vc] 31 M All-rounder RHB Right off-break
Henriette Gruber 30 F Bowler LHB Left-arm medium-fast
Rosemarie Otte 28 F Bowler RHB Left-arm medium
Konstantin Schaaf 26 M All-rounder RHB Right-arm slow
Carlos Sprenger 22 M Bowler LHB Left-arm fast-medium
Aurick Rößler 24 M All-rounder RHB Right-arm slow-medium
Jasmin Wiesner 30 F Bowler RHB Right-arm fast-medium
Eva König [vc] 32 F All-rounder RHB Right-arm medium
Sofia Kaminski 31 F Wicket-Keeper LHB --

Likely batting order: 1 - Moser, 2 - L. Hagemann, 3 - König, 4 - Rößler, 5 - Schaaf, 6 - C. Hagemann, 7 - Paulsen, 8 - Baumann, 9 - Bergmann, 10 - Wiesner, 11 - Sprenger, 12 - Otte, 13 - Kraus, 14 - Gruber

Style mod: -0.5

Godmod match events: Y*
RP injuries to my players: Y within reason
Godmod how my players were dismissed: Y*
Create a full scorecard for my team: Y, please do as I will likely not be creating scorecards for my own team

*Please TG before going ahead for approval.
THE CONFEDERATION OF KOTZELLACH
Kotzellach - An Anaian confederation of various city-states, with a long history of trade, guilds and corporations and a strong navy. Stunningly rich, yet stunningly unequal.
Population: 6.5 million | TLA: KTZ | Capital and Largest City: Kotzellach City
Domestic Sports | More to come
Chancellor: Kurt Baumann (Kotzellach Democratic Alliance)
Puppet of Tumbra

Anaian Board of Cricket
Lobbyist

Postby Anaian Board of Cricket » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:20 am

We've got one host bid, and eight signups, all of which have been accepted. It's been a week since the host bid has been posted; and I'll therefore now begin host voting. TG your votes to this account on whether you wish to accept:

1) The 50x6 Host Bid, or
2) The 43x7 Host Bid.

Alternatively, you may choose to say 3) No, I want neither of these bids or words to that effect. Host voting will last for five days, and will end on 18 March 2022, 20:00 UTC +8.

The eligibility criteria for those voting will be those who have posted a roster for this competition, with the exception of those bidding, unless there is a tie.
Last edited by Anaian Board of Cricket on Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANAIAN BOARD OF CRICKET
watch it all all here all the time forever it will never stop the cricket is officially going on forever it will never be finally decided who has won the cricket there is still everything to play for and forever to play it in so that's the cricket coming up watch it watch the cricket watch it watch it it's gonna fly watch the cricket it's cricket!

Anaian Board of Cricket
Lobbyist

Postby Anaian Board of Cricket » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:00 am

clears throat

I, the undersigned, being the Acting Returning Officer for the Anaian Board of Cricket, do hereby give notice that the total number of votes given for each host bid at the election is as follows.

The 50*6 bid, two (2) votes.
The 43*7 bid, two (2) votes.

And since there was a tie at the end of the hosting period, I do hereby invite the host to cast the tiebreaking vote for the bid; and since the the host also just so happens to be the Acting Returning Officer, they do cast their vote for the 50*6 bid.

And that the 50*6 bid has been duly elected to serve as the format for the inaugural edition of the first Anaian One-Day Cricket Competition, and hosting and all other bits are handed over to them. Who is also me. So technically I'm handing things over to myself.

Expect the Everything thread to go up soon. MD1 will likely take place on March 24.
ANAIAN BOARD OF CRICKET

Kotzellach
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2021

Postby Kotzellach » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:10 am

oh. i'm also closing signups. this will now be the OOC thread
THE CONFEDERATION OF KOTZELLACH
Kotzellach - An Anaian confederation of various city-states, with a long history of trade, guilds and corporations and a strong navy. Stunningly rich, yet stunningly unequal.
Population: 6.5 million | TLA: KTZ | Capital and Largest City: Kotzellach City
Domestic Sports | More to come
Chancellor: Kurt Baumann (Kotzellach Democratic Alliance)
Puppet of Tumbra

Anaian Board of Cricket
Lobbyist

Postby Anaian Board of Cricket » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:34 am

Congratulations to our winner on winning the tournament. The first set of post-I AODICC rankings are here, and also in the signature of this account. Seeing that there have been no objections to the ranking system as of yet, I'll probably use these as the correct rankings from next tournament onwards. If there are any other comments, please do leave them here and the Interim President will get back to you shortly.
ANAIAN BOARD OF CRICKET

The Plough Islands
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 02, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Plough Islands » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:42 am

Anaian Board of Cricket wrote:Congratulations to our winner on winning the tournament.

Thankyou very much! :hug:
This has been a thoroughly enjoyable competition to be a part of - aside from the nakedly capitalist hijacking of the final result by one of the co-hosts, which is an affront to this greatest triumph of socialism, and about which I will be writing a sternly worded letter to God - not just for the obvious reason, but because the presentation of the IC information, fixtures, and results has been of the highest standard (that colour coding <3) and everything has been extremely reliable. The amount and quality of roleplay has been really good, as well; thankyou to everyone involved, and hopefully we'll get to see you all again in the next World Trophy, whenever that might be.

I've got no objection to the rankings, beyond that somehow Krytenia remains .05 of a ranking point ahead of us :P *shakes fist in purple*
National team
Test rank: 6th
ODI rank: 1st
Commonwealth of the Plough IslandsPopulation: 139,550Golden age, revealed today
ANAIA NATION
Because not all those
who wander are lost
he/they

See also: overview factbook

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:19 am

The Plough Islands wrote:I've got no objection to the rankings, beyond that somehow Krytenia remains .05 of a ranking point ahead of us :P *shakes fist in purple*

A return shaking of the fist in claret and green, considering that we have now competed in three major ODI championships, reached the final of all three...and lost every damn time.

Congrats to the hosts and fellow competitors though on a tournament wonderfully won and RPed, and well done to the Plough Islands for finally managing to bring home some shiny baubles for the cabinet.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports