NATION

PASSWORD

There Darkness Dwells... (OOC/Fantasy/Character/Mechanics)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hinzland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:53 pm

Observation Post 13 wrote:Name: Derp Daxon
Race: Elven
Origins/Background: Exiled Mage
Class: Wizard
Vitals (55 Pts. or GM can Roll for you)
-Strength: 7 (+1)
-Charisma: 7
-Dexterity: 14 (+1)
-Intelligence: 15
-Wisdom: 12
Total Wounds: 2 (AHHHHH DAXON'S GONNA DIE)
Melee Weapons: 10 fingers
Ranged Weapons: Big Black Wand
Firearms: None :(
Armor: None.
Spells Known:
Spell Name: Negation Bolt
Function: Attack
Description of Effect: "A tendril of energy snakes its way to your fingertips; you point, and a purple bolt arcs towards your target."
Roll d20, Each creature in the blast radius must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 2d6 burn damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The explosion leaves behind a cloud of residue, and any creature that remains in the area gets a debuff to atk/def.
Scales with level.
Mode of Action: Ranged, Area of Effect
Cost: 1 Cast Point
Skill Level: Novice

Spell Name: Dispel Magic
Function: Alteration
Description of Effect: "You attempt to convince whatever magical thing in the area, that it doesn't exist."
Choose any creature, object, or magical effect within range. Any spell lower than the caster(up until 3rd level) automatically ends. For each spell of 4th level or higher on the target, make an ability check using your spellcasting ability. The DC equals 10 + the spell’s level. On a successful check, the spell ends.
Mode of Action: Ranged, Area of Effect(on single? AOE spells)
Cost: 3 Cast Points
Skill Level:

Spell Name: Counter Spell
Description of Effect: "You wiggle your fingers; the enemy caster suddenly gets a bad case of head-hurtitis and a tickly throat."
You attempt to interrupt a creature in the process of casting a spell. If the creature is casting a spell lower than the caster(up until 3rd level), its spell fails and has no effect. If it is casting a spell of 4th level or higher, make an ability check using your spellcasting ability. The DC equals 10 + the spell’s level. On a success, the creature’s spell fails and has no effect.
Mode of Action: Ranged
Skill Level:

Introduction:

Daxon always thought he was the smartest(he's not).

Graduate of an obscure mage academy run by demons, Daxon obtained a major in Negation(1) and minors in Automation(2) and Abjuration(3). Daxon then worked as an intern(corporate slave) for the Magistarian Research Institute until he realized the people there were trying to manufacture 'telum gloriosum', self-propelled missiles carrying 10-kilo negation warheads. Cool.

A few months later, a mysterious explosion leveled half of the institute, covering the area around with a thick layer of toxic fallout. This forced everyone to relocate.

Sometime later, Daxon was promoted to Assistant and worked under the tutelage of a senior researcher. As the days pass, the truth became abundantly clear: SR is working on a way to preserve consciousness forever. The exact details are fuzzy, but somehow it involves stuffing the mind of a creature inside a body of pure Negation - Immortality - achieved through complicated rituals, ancient machinery, and a whole lot of funding.

OHMYGOD(Daxon is an atheist).

Elfs can live for a long time, but Daxon always viewed it as a slow and painful decline to decrepitude. If he... can live forever, even as a specter made of weird purplish energy, then there'd be so much more things Daxon can experience from the world. The knowledge, the joy. So, Daxon could not resist the urge. Unfortunately, he was caught red-handed and had to make his escape via an unstable portal.
----
(1) Negation blasts things, counterspells, and is an unstable power source, but leaves behind toxic fallout. Often mistaken as 'dark' magic. Draws from the Dark Sun, which rests in the mantle of the world.
(2) Automation lets the user create things like golems, bigger magical wands, and airships(magical fabrication) by drawing power from lighting(not to be confused with a storm/lighting mage). This, in turn, pollutes the environment. Draws from the Storm.
(3) The School of Abjuration emphasizes magic that blocks, banishes, or protects. Detractors of this school say that its tradition is about denial, negation rather than positive assertion. Daxon understands, however, that ending harmful effects, protecting the weak, and banishing evil influences is anything but a philosophical void. It is a proud and respected vocation. (Straight out of the DND article)

Hey there Post! Couple of things right off the bat…

1. Big black wand? I don’t think that would qualify as a ranged weapon. A ranged weapon is more of a regular medieval weapon ie crossbow, bow, javelin, etc. If the wand is a magical artifact focus for the character to cast spells through, it’s fine to stay where it is, but it wouldn’t affect your attack rolls as it would just be an extension of your casting ability.

2. Magisterium Reasearch Institute? Can you give me a quick rundown on organization, and location? Who's been funding their research? Usually mad scientists in this world work alone, pushed out by normal society.

3. Atheist? Completely okay with that. Just know that in this world, whether or not your character would consider them as "gods", there are incredibly powerful entities that work for good, evil, and themselves.

4. I know this RP is based on DnD, but is mostly created by me. Negation and Abjuration would fall under Chaos magic.

5. Mage academy run by demons? Not going to allow that for this world. I’m fine with it being run by devil worshippers, “horned ones”. But demons in this world are animalistic killing machines, seeing mortals as cattle for food and slaves as manual labor.

Description of Effect: "A tendril of energy snakes its way to your fingertips; you point, and a purple bolt arcs towards your target."
Roll d20, d6 damage. Creature targeted gets a disadvantage to their AR and next attack roll.
Scales with level.
Cost: 2 Cast Point
Skill Level: Adept

Description of Effect: "You attempt to convince whatever magical thing in the area, that it doesn't exist."
Specify target summoned creature/magical object/magical effect. Roll d20. If higher than the difficulty set by OP, banish it from the Mortal Plane into the Mirror Plane.

Description of Effect: "You wiggle your fingers; the enemy caster suddenly gets a bad case of head-hurtitis and a tickly throat."
Specify target spellcaster. Roll d20. If higher than the difficulty set by OP, the next spell cast by target automatically fails.

Lastly: RP tone. While not intended to be an extremely serious roleplay, I do intend for everyone to be mature, and keep with the overall tone in each adventure. The are going to be moments of hilarity (no doubt going to be caused by unintended dice rolls) and moments of emotional depth, as everyone digs into their characters backstory and motivations. Please keep this in mind, for everyone else's quality of play :)

Other than that, I would have no problem in accepting your character as soon as you make the necessary changes/answers in the above points. Welcome aboard Post!
There Darkness Dwells… FanT Roleplay!
“Congrats on surviving high school, now pay your damn taxes!”
NS stats are to be taken literally.

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:07 am

Hinzland wrote:
Observation Post 13 wrote:Since mages get to learn new spells as they level up, can fighters and non-magic users gain 'passives' when they level up as well?

Like let's say as a barbarian, as you level up, you'd get 'blood lust' or something which helps you kill things faster, etc. More room to grow

Yup. But I’d figure I’d cross that bridge when we came to it. I want this thing to be really player driven, and that includes mechanics. So as a character becomes more powerful/skilled, I’m hoping to be able to work with the RPers to develop abilities/buffs/spells that are personal to the character, and related to their characters development.

Say, a mage class char is continually pummeled in combat: Evade rolls continually unsuccessful, etc., so they reach out to the fighter class char in the same party to learn some close combat techniques. Badda bing badda boom, after a few interactions IC the mage class gets +3 melee attack and is able to use Melee Weapons like the sword and stuff.

And vice versa: the fighter char is continually targeted by magic enemies, so the mage class char teaches him a simple shield rune to defend himself in combat.

I don’t want it to turn into total multi classing, but I want the development of the characters to feel like a living thing. Plus, the sadistic part of me wants to see someone die and the RPer going “Daaaamn, he was just learning a new skill!”, and for everyone else to feel the same way, make the loss permanent and real.

I very much like this- it's going to be very interesting but Gundrak has had very little interaction with magic in his past, and certainly hasn't shown an aptitude towards it! The closest he's come are rumours about the powers of his fallen god, and some interactions with alchemists

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 10, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Observation Post 13 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:32 am

Hinzland wrote:
Origins/Background: Exiled Mage
Class: Wizard
-Strength: 7 (+1)
-Charisma: 7
-Dexterity: 14 (+1)
-Intelligence: 15
-Wisdom: 12
Total Wounds: 2 (AHHHHH DAXON'S GONNA DIE)
Firearms: None :(
Armor: None.
Spells Known:
Roll d20, Each creature in the blast radius must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 2d6 burn damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The explosion leaves behind a cloud of residue, and any creature that remains in the area gets a debuff to atk/def.
Scales with level.
Mode of Action: Ranged, Area of Effect
Cost: 1 Cast Point

Choose any creature, object, or magical effect within range. Any spell lower than the caster(up until 3rd level) automatically ends. For each spell of 4th level or higher on the target, make an ability check using your spellcasting ability. The DC equals 10 + the spell’s level. On a successful check, the spell ends.
Mode of Action: Ranged, Area of Effect(on single? AOE spells)
Skill Level:

You attempt to interrupt a creature in the process of casting a spell. If the creature is casting a spell lower than the caster(up until 3rd level), its spell fails and has no effect. If it is casting a spell of 4th level or higher, make an ability check using your spellcasting ability. The DC equals 10 + the spell’s level. On a success, the creature’s spell fails and has no effect.
Skill Level:

Introduction:

Daxon always thought he was the smartest(he's not).

Graduate of an obscure mage academy run by demons, Daxon obtained a major in Negation(1) and minors in Automation(2) and Abjuration(3). Daxon then worked as an intern(corporate slave) for the Magistarian Research Institute until he realized the people there were trying to manufacture 'telum gloriosum', self-propelled missiles carrying 10-kilo negation warheads. Cool.

A few months later, a mysterious explosion leveled half of the institute, covering the area around with a thick layer of toxic fallout. This forced everyone to relocate.

Sometime later, Daxon was promoted to Assistant and worked under the tutelage of a senior researcher. As the days pass, the truth became abundantly clear: SR is working on a way to preserve consciousness forever. The exact details are fuzzy, but somehow it involves stuffing the mind of a creature inside a body of pure Negation - Immortality - achieved through complicated rituals, ancient machinery, and a whole lot of funding.

OHMYGOD(Daxon is an atheist).

Elfs can live for a long time, but Daxon always viewed it as a slow and painful decline to decrepitude. If he... can live forever, even as a specter made of weird purplish energy, then there'd be so much more things Daxon can experience from the world. The knowledge, the joy. So, Daxon could not resist the urge. Unfortunately, he was caught red-handed and had to make his escape via an unstable portal.
----
(1) Negation blasts things, counterspells, and is an unstable power source, but leaves behind toxic fallout. Often mistaken as 'dark' magic. Draws from the Dark Sun, which rests in the mantle of the world.
(2) Automation lets the user create things like golems, bigger magical wands, and airships(magical fabrication) by drawing power from lighting(not to be confused with a storm/lighting mage). This, in turn, pollutes the environment. Draws from the Storm.
(3) The School of Abjuration emphasizes magic that blocks, banishes, or protects. Detractors of this school say that its tradition is about denial, negation rather than positive assertion. Daxon understands, however, that ending harmful effects, protecting the weak, and banishing evil influences is anything but a philosophical void. It is a proud and respected vocation. (Straight out of the DND article)

Hey there Post! Couple of things right off the bat…

1. Big black wand? I don’t think that would qualify as a ranged weapon. A ranged weapon is more of a regular medieval weapon ie crossbow, bow, javelin, etc. If the wand is a magical artifact focus for the character to cast spells through, it’s fine to stay where it is, but it wouldn’t affect your attack rolls as it would just be an extension of your casting ability.

2. Magisterium Reasearch Institute? Can you give me a quick rundown on organization, and location? Who's been funding their research? Usually mad scientists in this world work alone, pushed out by normal society.

3. Atheist? Completely okay with that. Just know that in this world, whether or not your character would consider them as "gods", there are incredibly powerful entities that work for good, evil, and themselves.

4. I know this RP is based on DnD, but is mostly created by me. Negation and Abjuration would fall under Chaos magic.

5. Mage academy run by demons? Not going to allow that for this world. I’m fine with it being run by devil worshippers, “horned ones”. But demons in this world are animalistic killing machines, seeing mortals as cattle for food and slaves as manual labor.

Roll d20, d6 damage. Creature targeted gets a disadvantage to their AR and next attack roll.
Scales with level.

Specify target summoned creature/magical object/magical effect. Roll d20. If higher than the difficulty set by OP, banish it from the Mortal Plane into the Mirror Plane.

Specify target spellcaster. Roll d20. If higher than the difficulty set by OP, the next spell cast by target automatically fails.

Lastly: RP tone. While not intended to be an extremely serious roleplay, I do intend for everyone to be mature, and keep with the overall tone in each adventure. The are going to be moments of hilarity (no doubt going to be caused by unintended dice rolls) and moments of emotional depth, as everyone digs into their characters backstory and motivations. Please keep this in mind, for everyone else's quality of play :)

Other than that, I would have no problem in accepting your character as soon as you make the necessary changes/answers in the above points. Welcome aboard Post!

1. Yeah, BBW functions like a single-handed mace as of now.

2. MRI is the merge between a covert biological and chemical warfare R&D unit and a branch of the national institute of the Kingdom of Oxvaal. MRI would be located somewhere Northeast, near the Barrens, where the vast expanse of ruins and empty land allows for plenty of discretion and opportunities for experimentation. Funded by The Orthodoxy, the main goal of the establishment is to research and develop forbidden/dangerous rituals, artifacts, spells, and anything else that violates the genova convention(god wands, golem armies, nukes, necromancy, etc) - hence the need for MRI to be tucked deep into no man's land. The nature of the institute attracts scientists who do not wish to be shackled by morality and human concerns but is also considered a necessary stepping stone for anyone who'd wish to seriously pursue chaos magic. MRI is disguised as an archaeological excavation site.

3. Totally. Maybe Daxon will change his mind later :)

4. Understood. That would mean Daxon is more of a sorcerer...

5. Will change the staff of the college from demons to satan worshippers. It's a bit surprising to me that all demons are crazy bloodthirsty killing machines hellbent on destruction. I was leaning on them being more of a 'corrupting' force. Like, infiltrating a civilization(Like Chaos cults in WH40k), forming shadow cabals(like in Vampire: the Masquerade), institutionalizing human-sacrifices(like what the Aztecs did), generally trying to turn the world into a farm for a sustainable source of energy. But just like climate change, I guess all the demons are pretty selfish and shortsighted, so it makes sense also for them to killkillkill.

6. I will change the spells on my end too. Is it alright for counterspell to cost 2 Cast Points, since it's preventing the cast from happening rather than removing the effect of an existing cast?

7. Serious roleplay *nods*.
Last edited by Observation Post 13 on Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:54 am

Observation Post 13 wrote:
Hinzland wrote:Hey there Post! Couple of things right off the bat…

Scales with level.

1. Yeah, BBW functions like a single-handed mace as of now.

2. MRI is the merge between a covert biological and chemical warfare R&D unit and a branch of the national institute of the Kingdom of Oxvaal. MRI would be located somewhere Northeast, near the Barrens, where the vast expanse of ruins and empty land allows for plenty of discretion and opportunities for experimentation. Funded by The Orthodoxy, the main goal of the establishment is to research and develop forbidden/dangerous rituals, artifacts, spells, and anything else that violates the genova convention(god wands, golem armies, nukes, necromancy, etc) - hence the need for MRI to be tucked deep into no man's land. The nature of the institute attracts scientists who do not wish to be shackled by morality and human concerns but is also considered a necessary stepping stone for anyone who'd wish to seriously pursue chaos magic. MRI is disguised as an archaeological excavation site.

3. Totally. Maybe Daxon will change his mind later :)

4. Understood. That would mean Daxon is more of a sorcerer...

5. Will change the staff of the college from demons to satan worshippers. It's a bit surprising to me that all demons are crazy bloodthirsty killing machines hellbent on destruction. I was leaning on them being more of a 'corrupting' force. Like, infiltrating a civilization(Like Chaos cults in WH40k), forming shadow cabals(like in Vampire: the Masquerade), institutionalizing human-sacrifices(like what the Aztecs did), generally trying to turn the world into a farm for a sustainable source of energy. But just like climate change, I guess all the demons are pretty selfish and shortsighted, so it makes sense also for them to killkillkill.

6. I will change the spells on my end too. Is it alright for counterspell to cost 2 Cast Points, since it's preventing the cast from happening rather than removing the effect of an existing cast?

7. Serious roleplay *nods*.

Wand=mace. Got it.

Yeah, the demons and devils live in their own plane, Helscape, rules by this worlds version of Satan, “The Great Deceiver”. Think of the demons as animalistic foot soldiers, and the devils as humanoid troubles makers. Brute force and finesse corruption.

I’m going to deny the MRI concept for now, we can flesh it out a little bit later. I just don’t see the Orthodoxy finding something like that (they’re not evil, at least not in that sense). Also, Oxvaal is a decentralized feudal state. They don’t have national institutions of any sort (except for the orthodoxy) and can barely be considered a nation-state. They’re held together only by their Bannerlords’ oath to the House of Oxvaal and a shared religion. What I can recommend is “The Rune Guild”, a magic organization dedicated to recovering and preserving old magic artifacts, sights, and spells. Maybe MRI is an offshoot of the rune guild?

Go ahead and change the cost of the spell down to One cast point.

Now all I need is your statistics and armor rating before I accept you. There is a guide in the OP for calculating Vital Modifiers and Statistics.

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:00 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the other characters react to one another! I've gone back and re-edited my post to make some of the elements make a bit more sense, and get rid of the shocking number of English mistakes I made haha. The core content is the same however. I'm particularly looking forward over the first elements of the story to seeing how Gundrak finds his encounters with non- Orcs, considering he's spent most of his life in the company of Orcs, and particularly how he might react to any anti-Orc hostility, as well as his reactions to seeing people use magic!

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:30 pm

Ovstylap wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing how the other characters react to one another! I've gone back and re-edited my post to make some of the elements make a bit more sense, and get rid of the shocking number of English mistakes I made haha. The core content is the same however. I'm particularly looking forward over the first elements of the story to seeing how Gundrak finds his encounters with non- Orcs, considering he's spent most of his life in the company of Orcs, and particularly how he might react to any anti-Orc hostility, as well as his reactions to seeing people use magic!

It’s going to be a lot of fun! As of right now I’m waiting for everyone to get a chance to get a post up.

With Offer Erapia and Ob Post 13 joining us, I’m closing down applications for the Prologue for now. As of right now we’re sitting on a party of 8ish? Characters, which is already a lot bigger than I expected.

Great post Blarg :) be sure to include a hook (an opportunity for others to interact with you), as in reaching the fire and introducing your character to Ovy’s orc Gundrak, or meeting Nagakawa’s berzerker along the way.

Blargleyarg
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Blargleyarg » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:51 pm

Hinzland wrote:Great post Blarg :) be sure to include a hook (an opportunity for others to interact with you), as in reaching the fire and introducing your character to Ovy’s orc Gundrak, or meeting Nagakawa’s berzerker along the way.

Thanks. :D
I'mma edit it a bit to put her a bit closer
Last edited by Blargleyarg on Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(╯°^°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:34 pm

Blargleyarg wrote:
Hinzland wrote:Great post Blarg :) be sure to include a hook (an opportunity for others to interact with you), as in reaching the fire and introducing your character to Ovy’s orc Gundrak, or meeting Nagakawa’s berzerker along the way.

Thanks. :D

Perfection :)

So, what kind of arcs and storylines do you guys want to deal with in the future? I have an overall outline of one, but after the prologue I want you guys to be able to make your own as well, like one shot threads, side quests, background arcs?

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Observation Post 13 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:42 pm

Name: Derp Daxon
Origins/Background: Exiled Sorcerer
Class: Sorcerer
-Strength: 7 (-2)
-Charisma: 9 (-1)
-Dexterity: 18 (+4)
-Intelligence: 7 (-2)
-Wisdom: 18 (+4)
Total Wounds: 2
Firearms: None.
Armor: No Armor.
Spells Known: Negation Bolt, Counter Spell, Dispel Magic
---
-Melee Attack (Dexterity+Class): (+4)
-Ranged Attack (Dexterity+Class): (+4)
-Magic Attack (Mage Mod.+Class): (+7 if normal magic atk, +10 if chaos magic)
-Evade (Dexterity+Class): (+7)
-Armor Rating (Dexterity+Type): (+12)

Hey Hinz, please help me with the armor rating... (I have no idea what I'm doing)

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Observation Post 13 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:46 pm

Spells (Will add more soon)

Scales with level.

Cost: 1 Cast Points

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:54 pm

---

Hey Hinz, please help me with the armor rating... (I have no idea what I'm doing)

Let’s see…

If you’re wearing no armor, it’s just the base AR of 8, plus dex modifiers. So 12 is perfect!

Gonna go ahead and ACCEPT, and we can focus on his background and introduction at a later point.

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Observation Post 13 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:57 pm

Hinzland wrote:
---

Let’s see…

If you’re wearing no armor, it’s just the base AR of 8, plus dex modifiers. So 12 is perfect!

Gonna go ahead and ACCEPT, and we can focus on his background and introduction at a later point.

*thumbs up*

Blargleyarg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blargleyarg » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:07 pm

Hinzland wrote:Perfection :)

So, what kind of arcs and storylines do you guys want to deal with in the future? I have an overall outline of one, but after the prologue I want you guys to be able to make your own as well, like one shot threads, side quests, background arcs?

Glad you likey!

Maybe the party stumbles across a creepy town full of vampires, elder-god worshippers, and vampire elder-god worshippers? that could be interesting methinks
(╯°^°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:31 pm

Hinzland wrote:
Blargleyarg wrote:Thanks. :D

Perfection :)

For me, if it brings us a longer lasting RP with activity and such I'm happy to be flexible, in my mind it'll be cool to keep a consistent party going on a whole bunch of adventures and such, and sure if some character dies, or someone achieves satisfaction with their character (e.g getting the money they wanted to start a business, or achieving revenge or training etc) and they retire from the party and we get a new recruit in whatever fashion, that's cool, but there's some continuity. Maybe, theoretically if we have a good long lasting history we'll have had one party which has had its own long history but by the end we've all ended up with a new character, each of which has been in the party a various amount of time if you catch my drift?

Blargleyarg That's a great hook, I'm looking forward even to these first interactions. Nagakawa so perhaps if you begin your post approaching the fire and meeting Gundrak, we'll have our interactions and such, and then once we're both together and have reacted to one another- perhaps a co-write if you want, it can work either way, and then we can react to hearing Blargleyarg, and any other party members who arrive, before the narration continues.
Last edited by Ovstylap on Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blargleyarg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blargleyarg » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:49 pm

Ovstylap wrote:For me, if it brings us a longer lasting RP with activity and such I'm happy to be flexible, in my mind it'll be cool to keep a consistent party going on a whole bunch of adventures and such, and sure if some character dies, or someone achieves satisfaction with their character (e.g getting the money they wanted to start a business, or achieving revenge or training etc) and they retire from the party and we get a new recruit in whatever fashion, that's cool, but there's some continuity. Maybe, theoretically if we have a good long lasting history we'll have had one party which has had its own long history but by the end we've all ended up with a new character, each of which has been in the party a various amount of time if you catch my drift?

Blargleyarg That's a great hook, I'm looking forward even to these first interactions. Nagakawa so perhaps if you begin your post approaching the fire and meeting Gundrak, we'll have our interactions and such, and then once we're both together and have reacted to one another- perhaps a co-write if you want, it can work either way, and then we can react to hearing Blargleyarg, and any other party members who arrive, before the narration continues.

Sounds good to me on both counts. ^-^
(╯°^°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:20 pm

Observation Post 13 wrote:
Hinzland wrote:Let’s see…

*thumbs up*

You’re good to go ahead and post on the IC :) have fun!

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:59 pm

Is it fine for my dwarf to show up on a pony lugging a small wagon? It would be impractical to go adventuring in full plate at all times
Last edited by Union Princes on Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:05 pm

Union Princes wrote:Is it fine for my dwarf to show up on a pony lugging a small wagon? It would be impractical to go adventuring in full plate at all times

I said before in the OOC no beasts of burden, but it’s fine showing up at first, but as a warning, it’ll probably die pretty fast.

As for him wearing full plate: “…. He’s a bad ass Iron breaker from Valonmark! Aren’t they born in full plate!”

XD Suffice it to say, ole Thrumlin won’t have a problem wearing full plate full time, attributed to his dwarf physiology and warrior background.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:46 pm

Ovstylap wrote:Blargleyarg That's a great hook, I'm looking forward even to these first interactions. Nagakawa so perhaps if you begin your post approaching the fire and meeting Gundrak, we'll have our interactions and such, and then once we're both together and have reacted to one another- perhaps a co-write if you want, it can work either way, and then we can react to hearing Blargleyarg, and any other party members who arrive, before the narration continues.

Yep, sounds good to me. I'll have my first dude come head down to the fire and unload his stuff, bend the others' ears a bit, and then my second guy will head over too.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:47 pm

Nagakawa wrote:
Ovstylap wrote:Blargleyarg That's a great hook, I'm looking forward even to these first interactions. Nagakawa so perhaps if you begin your post approaching the fire and meeting Gundrak, we'll have our interactions and such, and then once we're both together and have reacted to one another- perhaps a co-write if you want, it can work either way, and then we can react to hearing Blargleyarg, and any other party members who arrive, before the narration continues.

Yep, sounds good to me. I'll have my first dude come head down to the fire and unload his stuff, bend the others' ears a bit, and then my second guy will head over too.

Whoo hoo! It’s happening!

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Observation Post 13 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:49 pm

Can my character drop out of a portal? Or is that too much? :)

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:51 pm

Observation Post 13 wrote:Can my character drop out of a portal? Or is that too much? :)

Maybe edit it to further away from the fire? That way it wouldn’t immediately mess up whatever it is the others have going on at the moment?

It seems like they have the start to some cool interaction over there and I wouldn’t want some char just randomly dropping in messing up any dialogue they had planned before hand.

Other than that I have no problem with him dropping thru a portal. Cool entrance *thumbs up*

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Observation Post 13 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:52 pm

hehe :)

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:04 pm

By the way OP, let me know if you need me to create more new nations and/or religious sects and cults. I would be happy to assist in that.

Edit: oh look, I got a post up
Last edited by Nagakawa on Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:26 pm

Nagakawa wrote:By the way OP, let me know if you need me to create more new nations and/or religious sects and cults. I would be happy to assist in that.

Edit: oh look, I got a post up

Pretty much, I see you, Blarg, and Ovy as my co-ops, because you guys really seem to get the theme and spirit of the RP, so pretty much anything you guys come up with is probably going to be auto accepted as soon as I see it.

As for everybody else concerning lore, I have an open door policy. Everything is going to be looked at with a serious eye to the commitment of building something we all can have fun with :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse