NATION

PASSWORD

A change in policy

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Serpensa
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

A change in policy

Postby Serpensa » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:11 pm

The government of Serpensa would like to announce to the world the recent political changes that have taken place in the nation.

N and S have become a royal family of sorts, but still retain the power to make decrees, and the politicians ultimately answer to them. However, various commitee's have been set up to handle the day to day ruling of Serpensa. One for each of the various varieties of the government, like Health, and Education. The Commitees are elected by the people, the first time the people have ever been allowed elections. However, N and S can choose the to expell any member they wish.

The Commitees answer to a Grand Council of 12, one person for each commitee. The Grand Council have ultimate power - a majority of 7 is required to make decisions. The Council are chosen by N and S themselves, and The Council have the same powers as N and S, but cannot overthrow decisions made by them. The Council are in place until removed, by N and S, or they die. The current members are N for Defence, S for Culture, Poseidon for Commerce, Athena for Health, Apollo for Entertainment, Portha for Education, Artemis for Agriculture, Ryder for Public Relations, Hades for Law and Order, Ymir for the Enviroment, and Hope for Social Equality.

The economic policies of Serpensa have not changed, and leftist ideals are still very much banned. The Commitee for Commerce and Economics is one of the most important, next to Defence and Law and Order. Social Equality, and Enviroment, are not taken very seriously, however, with the changes, they are being taken more seriously.

The nation is extremely right wing, and N and S are still regarded as the rulers of Serpensa. Most of the nation is quite happy with the changes that have taken place. The few dissenters have been put down by Hades harsh law and order reforms, which passed with a 9-3 majority.

N and S were the ones to recommend the changes, as they saw that the people deserved more freedom.

With Regards,
Ryder
Serpensan Technology Ltd.

Serpensan Technology Ltd. is a semi-military organization that specializes in the building of robotic drones, and genetic enhancements. Other services include beneficial and psychedelic and space age vehicles, all of which are in use in the Serpensan Military.

Short Fact File:
Military: Usually about 10 % of population, plus the total military strength divided by two, of drones.
Government Type

Steel Pact Minister for Internal Security

Balver
Envoy

Founded: Nov 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Balver » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Serpensa wrote:The government of Serpensa would like to announce to the world the recent political changes that have taken place in the nation.

N and S have become a royal family of sorts, but still retain the power to make decrees, and the politicians ultimately answer to them. However, various commitee's have been set up to handle the day to day ruling of Serpensa. One for each of the various varieties of the government, like Health, and Education. The Commitees are elected by the people, the first time the people have ever been allowed elections. However, N and S can choose the to expell any member they wish.

The Commitees answer to a Grand Council of 12, one person for each commitee. The Grand Council have ultimate power - a majority of 7 is required to make decisions. The Council are chosen by N and S themselves, and The Council have the same powers as N and S, but cannot overthrow decisions made by them. The Council are in place until removed, by N and S, or they die. The current members are N for Defence, S for Culture, Poseidon for Commerce, Athena for Health, Apollo for Entertainment, Portha for Education, Artemis for Agriculture, Ryder for Public Relations, Hades for Law and Order, Ymir for the Enviroment, and Hope for Social Equality.

The economic policies of Serpensa have not changed, and leftist ideals are still very much banned. The Commitee for Commerce and Economics is one of the most important, next to Defence and Law and Order. Social Equality, and Enviroment, are not taken very seriously, however, with the changes, they are being taken more seriously.

The nation is extremely right wing, and N and S are still regarded as the rulers of Serpensa. Most of the nation is quite happy with the changes that have taken place. The few dissenters have been put down by Hades harsh law and order reforms, which passed with a 9-3 majority.

following your recent political change id like a trade or alliance pact with you because im fairly new at this.

N and S were the ones to recommend the changes, as they saw that the people deserved more freedom.

With Regards,
Ryder
A Protectorate of Velgrae

Hi, my name is Jon. If you would like to pay bills press A if you would like to die press Nuke thank you have a nice day

if you want to tumble talk to rumble

Serpensa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Serpensa » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Balver wrote:
Serpensa wrote:The government of Serpensa would like to announce to the world the recent political changes that have taken place in the nation.

following your recent political change id like a trade or alliance pact with you because im fairly new at this.

With Regards,
Ryder

Please, check out the storefront should you wish to purchase military or domestic products. However, we would not like to rush into an alliance, especially with a leftist nation.

With Regards,
N

OOC: If you need help, look at other peoples posts, and how they're composed. Please, read the articles on how to make a storefront before starting one. Good luck!

Serpensan Technology Ltd. is a semi-military organization that specializes in the building of robotic drones, and genetic enhancements. Other services include beneficial and psychedelic and space age vehicles, all of which are in use in the Serpensan Military.

Short Fact File:
Military: Usually about 10 % of population, plus the total military strength divided by two, of drones.
Government Type

Balver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Balver » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:03 pm

cant leftist and rightist come together to achieve world peace? cant there be a bi-product that suits both of us? a new "thing" a center?

Hi, my name is Jon. If you would like to pay bills press A if you would like to die press Nuke thank you have a nice day

Serpensa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Serpensa » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Balver wrote:cant leftist and rightist come together to achieve world peace? cant there be a bi-product that suits both of us? a new "thing" a center?

I don't think you understand how politics works. Rightism is capitalism, leftism is communism. There is no middle ground between free market, and communism.

Short Fact File:
Government Type

Balver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Balver » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Serpensa wrote:
Balver wrote:cant leftist and rightist come together to achieve world peace? cant there be a bi-product that suits both of us? a new "thing" a center?

I don't think you understand how politics works. Rightism is capitalism, leftism is communism. There is no middle ground between free market, and communism.

so who says we cant find a compromise for every one?

and i understand just fine thank you

Serpensa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Serpensa » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Balver wrote:
Serpensa wrote:

Frankly, I do. I will not enter into an alliance with a leftist nation unless absolutely necessary, or I happen to OOC like the person who controls it.

Short Fact File:
Government Type

Balver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Balver » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Serpensa wrote:
Balver wrote:

Frankly, I do. I will not enter into an alliance with a leftist nation unless absolutely necessary, or I happen to OOC like the person who controls it.

OOC:im not just looking for a alliance id like a simple compromise for every and any so we can be Happy :) but this isnt the thread to talk about my idea i just had

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates