NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision Song Contest 96|Valletta, Malta Comino Gozo|IC

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Metras
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2021
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Metras » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:35 pm

♠ 22. Metras ♠
♣ EÍROCH - FALLEN GOD ♣
Tune: The Oh Hellos - Rio Grande

Whispers of a monument
Cloud the foundations
Of isle Victoriam
The temple of a fallen god
It’s hidden deep underground
Or somewhere up high, oh, they say
I’ll curry the favour
The favour of this fallen god

I see a temple of gold and white
Of blue and red, with pillars ivory & bright

From the mouth of the Tháns
To the city of old Aurelis
Are seeded the mem’ries
Mem’ries of the fallen god
Guarded by an ancient
Protected by Eirá herself
The tomb of fallen
Tomb of the fallen one

The lock of Ike, the key of Lár
Kostís is Teris os Metrasírs
Awake

Strikes the temple, a storm it brews
I’ll venture down there, find him, find him

On the edge of the universe
My dreams die as one
Yet I’ll curry the favour
Favours of a fallen god
Maybe I’ll fail, but if then
Through oceans I’ll weald the grass
I’ll still then try to find him
I’ll find the fallen god
Last edited by Metras on Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:02 pm

Nation Name: Malta Comino Gozo
Official Broadcaster: MCG 1
Tune: (Daniel Levi- Jasmine)
Song Title: Encore
Artist(s) Name(s): Monsieur Disbelief
Lyrics & Music: Karl Muscat

Another top ten finish! Pessimistic reflections had done the nation proud achieving a brilliant 8th place with their catchy infectious song called "Desperate wilderness". Talked had soon turned to bid however after the hype had cooled down over another brilliant result. MCG1 had been working on a host bid quietly in the hope of banking a chance to host WV#96! This soon paid off as MCG1's bid won outright against the only other bid from StrayaRoos. The country would once again be hosting its favourite song contest and in the run-up to the contest the islands prepared, banners were attached to each lampost and the new current Worldvision logo was painted on the side of literally every piece of public transportation. An estimated 26,000 fans were expected to ascend on Malta Comino Gozo in the run-up to the final just for Worldvision alone!

Time to choose the next act.

Ricard Formosa, Karl Muscat. Phillip Xerri and Shawn Watson

This is the story of Karl Muscat, 30 from Dahlet Marsa – of how Coldplay and Bon Iver shaped his life.
When he was fifteen, playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 with his cousin, a song came on that would change Karl’s life forever. The moment he heard "The Scientist" by Coldplay, he knew exactly what he wanted to do. He wanted to stand on the Worldivision Stage!

Within 24 hours of his first bedroom demos going online, he received a phone call from the manager of MCG Bandcamp, Xanda Gauchi. Karl said, "I couldn’t believe it – I was sixteen years old, walking home from school and one of the most influential people in the MCG music industry was asking whether he could produce my debut album“. That album, recorded with his newly formed band "Goal Straight", would go on to win three Island awards, the Malta Comino Gozo equivalent of the Grammies.

Peeto for a music video, Avon for a string of live shows, a support slot for Lewis Saricuno the teenagers were going from strength to strength at home and abroad – selling out bigger venues and grabbing more awards. Audiences at the Annual MCG music awards loved them and The MCG Daily Newspaper suggested they’d go down a storm at Worldvision.

Karl realised he was living his dream... In his heart, though, he knew that something was missing.
There was a time when he would drive his old car around Valletta aimlessly. He would pull the car up in an empty field in the middle of an August downpour and collapse on the soaked grass crying while Calgary by Bon Iver was blasting from the speakers. „So it’s storming on the lake,“ sang Justin Vernon, his newly discovered favourite artist. This Bon Iver song saved him at a moment of personal crisis and marked a new direction for Karl that would mean the end of Goal Straight.

Just as The Scientist made him want to start a band, Calgary made him quit it and set out on a journey closer to his heart and soul. At the end of 2019, he decided to call his new musical outfit "Monsier Disbelief" breathing new life into his everlasting Worldvision Stage dreams.

The new band Monsier Disbelief opened for various Malta Comino Gozoan acts from 'Erba Sekondi ta Sajf to Cika Mizzi. Later, Monsier Disbelief released the anticipated EP "We Are Making Love Again". In 2021, the band supported Pistols and Tulips in Valletta and also, they did an eight-date tour in Elejamie and Ethane. Consisting of Karl Muscat (vocals) Shawn Watson (bass and keys), Ricard Formosa (drums) and Phillip Xerri (guitars) Monsieur Disbelief released their full-length debut album Surrounded By Light on November 14th.
For Worldvision 96 MCG 1 decided to go back to holding their National Final "Malta Comino Gozo Decides" this was the first final since WV#92. Monsieur Disbelief was pitted against 2 other acts, the pop/rock band E.P.I.C and the famous 5ive ft Brooke Galea. In a close competition that saw 8 international juries cast their votes, Monsieur Disbelief was declared the winner with 86 points! His dream had come true.

"Encore is a repeated or additional performance of an item at the end of a concert, as called for by an audience." Monsieur Disbelief told local Radio. "The meaning of the song was to express that during dark parts of my life when I think I could not achieve something, like writing a song, etc I look back to when I (we) first performed the song or songs to a live audience and we received an encore. All that pain and misery was worth it, all the burnout had led to this magical moment... the crowd were on their feet for us, nobody else.. just us. You can achieve what you want AND be proud of what you have achieved too! And I'll be so so proud When I look back When I look back on My encore!, fills me with joy knowing that I can reach for the stars.

Valletta, little old Valletta, well not so little anymore compared to what it used to be but significantly small city-wise compared to other Worldvision host cities! Karl had grown up in Gozo but often visited Valletta at the weekends when he was at school and as he grew up the city became almost a part of his daily life, after all this is where he would catch the buses and or train back to Gozo almost every day after work. Over the years the city had grown from a small medieval walled city into a bustling modern hub that attracted tourists from afar.

Karl and his band, though from the host country were still treated exactly the same as the other delegations so therefore they got to stay in the Marsa Spire & Elyiad Tower complex. These two elegant and luxurious skyscrapers dominated the skyline and could be seen from across most of the island. These tall buildings, so different from one another, are so very content to reflect the beauty of each neighbour. Built-in Marsahick these two 217m tall structures were the tallest buildings in the country and screamed elegance. Their glass facades glistened in the morning sun as Karl and his band arrived by private taxi. Craning his neck his eyes looked up and up at these beautiful buildings and a sense of patriotism set in. HE was singing for his home country, and this made him feel so so so privileged. He was still so thankful and had personally DM all the broadcasters of the eight countries that had voted for him.

The hotel lobby has a clean efficiency, yet is welcoming all the same. It has an ambience that allows one to process the transition from a journey to arrival and is illuminated with soft and welcoming lights as if it were a ray of sunshine in a gentle pastel hue. The porter took their luggage and Karl and his band entered the lift, it was so smooth that its passengers arrived without any notion that they had risen at all. They would be staying on the 47th floor of the 56-floor tower.

The window of their hotel room is so large it reminds Karl of a storefront but so high up who can see in any way? It's triple-glazed and so clear that the panorama is like a high definition screen at the movie theatre. The birds travel past, buffeted by the winds that whistle through these towers as if to remind us that we're in their space now. This real estate in the sky feels so futuristic, I wouldn't be surprised if Terri just beamed herself in here right from the reception. The city below is so far away it's like another world, those ant-like people and all their problems are of no more consequence than temporary static on the intercom. All this concrete is their cocoon and the window, well, the window shows them as much detail as they want to know.

The band would spend the next several days just lounging around the hotel and pool, taking the opportunity of staying in this 5-star hotel. They would go out and explore Valletta with the other delegations too often joining in with the tourguides and teaching the singers about their home country. Rehearsals over the next few days at the FedEx arena all went smoothly.

It was no surprise that the MCG act would receive the loudest cheer in the arena. After all these years the moment was finally here, with bated breath and a few nerves Karl and his band following, made their way out onto the stage to the roaring home audience. Karl and his fellow bandmates wore very smart casual clothes. Karl wore a plain ironed white t-shirt and black denim jeans and if you looked carefully you'd spot his socks covered little cheeses with smiley faces on them. His trainers were black and he wore his symbolic blue hand band around his head despite him having quite short hair. His brown eyes were deep and expressive, where you could get lost if you stared long enough. His face had that faraway look in it, which cannot be described in words. His smile, which reached up to his eyes and wrinkled them, flaunted his modesty and humility. The rest of the band wore similar trousers and had different coloured t-shirts, burgundy, light blue, orange and light brown. (Outfits). The cheers fill the full arena. Even though the stage and arena were getting dark he could make out thousands of flags waving and mobile lights as headed into the crowd to begin the performance. The sounds of the crowd become part of the happy centre of Karl's brain, reaching in and pulling out the joy. He smiled. There was a pleased look in his eye as if some element of internal peace had alighted within him and begun to shout.

The view cuts from the back of the hall showing the stage fade into the darkness to a shot angled just above the stage, the stage begins to flash a bright yellow to each "Dum du and ah" and the crowd is on their feet again with applause and cheers echoing through the arena. Monsieur disbelief would also be joined by two female backing singers. We now cut a view from the front of the stage. Each LED is covered in the bands and backing singers faces miming the "Dum du and ah's". The camera pans in slowly as we can see the band centre stage silhouetted against the backdrops.

Dum dum du ah ah
Dum dum dum du ah ah

The band and the backing singers carry on singing "Dum dum du ah ah Dum dum dum du ah ah" in the background. (This will happen frequently during the song). A light transition from the top left swipes our view to a close up facial shot of Karl bathed in a refreshing golden yellow light. He is in fact stood in the centre of the arena surrounded by pumped-up fans happily waving their flags. He wears a huge grin across his young peppered stubbled face. His eyes opened wide and the corners of his lips turned upwards. He sings at the camera and grips his microphone tightly in his right hand. We cut an angled side profile view of Karl as he carries on singing to the camera in front of him. The camera spins around 360 degrees as Karl sings "Reverse the seconds". We settle back on a frontal shot of Karl as the camera walks backwards and he follows towards the stage's catwalk. He points right then left at the crowd surrounding his pathway to the catwalk with a content expression as the crowd does indeed cheer for him.

Don't let this uproar
Upset your encore
Reverse the time and make it stop
For me..
Reverse the seconds
For your encore
Crowds all on their feet cheering
They cheer for me..

We have a light transition again as Karl with an outstretched arm touches excited peoples hands as he walks by and makes his way onto the slightly elevated catwalk that swings out into the audience, the camera still following him walking backwards as he walks forwards. We can see the masses of people and mobile phone lights and flags waving energetically behind him. He wanted this feeling to still be there when he was old. He savoured the moment, but never released his grip on the microphone. For the first time in forever his body and mind relaxed. Like a playful child, he points at himself and then at the camera (the audience at home), as he sings "Do you trust me? Do you trust yourself?" He then springs upwards turning 180 degrees to sing towards the dancing flag-waving crowd as the chorus begins.

Ohh...
Do you trust me?
Do you trust yourself?
So stand up tall!

The stage bursts to life as the camera panned upwards away from Karl over the front half of the audience. We can see the rest of the band now properly on the stage. Shawn Watson on our front left on the bass and keys, Ricard Formosa on a small podium back left behind Shawn on the drums and Phillip Xerri on guitar top right. Behind him are our two wonderful female backing singers. The entire stage and all the individual LED screens both on the top and sides of the main backscreen burst to life with beautiful blue and pink neon stripes. Powerful light blue spotlights beam out of the top of the stage and are accompanied by neon pink that rise from the bottom of the stage into the air. We cut back to Karl who is standing on the edge of the main stage, his feet shuffling as he moves to do a simple dance to the song. We can hear the band and backing singers supporting him in unison their voices producing pretty harmonies. As he sings "Thinking even the stars were out of sight" Karl moves his hand in a clockwise motion in an arc over his head and with special effects, stars sweep along with his hand, his face beaming with delight. He then points to the camera as it slowly pans towards him and then around him from just below him, left to right. His eyes were a flicker with curiosity over a cheerful broad smile.

And now it's my time to shine
Cus I've been chasing the shadows
All my life...
Thinking even the stars were out of sight
Now nothing's gonna knock me down
Light up the night sky..

The camera suddenly sweeps out towards the ceiling from Karl as he turns to walks along the catwalk to the centre of the stage, he walks joyfully without losing eye contact with the camera, in the background behind we can make out many many flags waving and plenty of torchlights glistening from thousands of mobile phones as well thin neon strips of light around the edges of the upper floor seating that add a lovely pink glow to the people just sitting beneath them. The camera follows from above as Karl makes his way up to the main stage. We then have an incredible shot as the camera moves from one of the golden spotlights above the stage as Shawn kicks his leg out playfully while strumming away on his guitar, the LED screens behind still glistening with the colourful stripes. The audience and viewers at home could honestly see just how into their performance the entire band was by their genuine grins and look of excitement and pleasure. We then have a brief shot of Phillip strumming away on bass before we cut to the two young gorgeous backing singers "windmilling their arms" happily to the chorus. We cut back to a frontal body shot of Karl as he clips his microphone into the stand centre stage before shutting his eyes tightly while singing the last line "My encore!" as the camera fades to white. The crowd cheers!

To know there's still something
Something inside me
And I gave my best, with the purest intent
And I'll be so so proud
When I look back
When I look back on
My encore!

The white gives way to a shot of the entire stage glistening brightly now in purple. We have a brief glimpse of the two female backing singers as they sing "(you ought to know)" as they and the band repeat some of the lines behind Karl adding a sort of echo effect. A boom camera shot now raises from around the back left and pulls round to Karl before we cut to a shot looking up from the crowd as Karl sings passionately his eyes closed again as he sings "Cause it has to do with growing on the inside" His voice resonates throughout the stadium as we cut a facial shot of Karl as he belts out the line, his voice smooth and full of charm and his whole body is animated as he can't help but bob up and down and clench his fist in his left arm as he "feels" the song.

There's something you ought to know (you ought to know)
Cause it has to do with growing on the inside (on the inside)
Oh encore, they shout more (they shout more)
Crowds on their feet! On their feet!
Happiness flows right through my veins
It pleases me!
Yeah Yeah..

The camera then pulls out from Ricard as he plays the beats leading up the chorus and crashes the symbol on his drum kit, his tongue sticking out playfully as he concentrates. The stage LED's change back to the blue and pinkneon stripes and blue and pink spotlights burst out into the pumped arena crowd again. The LED floor changes to purple. We can hear everyone else singing "Dum dum du ah ah" in the background. There is a breath shot of Shawn now pretending to play the keys on the back left. The two backing singers now make their way forward and align with Karl at the front of the stage and throughout the chorus they all exchanged excited glances at one another, the camera catching many of them. In one shot Karl walks towards the woman on his left, leans on her shoulder and glances over to him smiling, as he then points out into the audience. She herself is also bobbing away animated to the beat. Karl then makes his way across to the woman on his left, leans on her and exchanges a big smile with her. As Karl sings "And nothing's gonna knock me down" he this time around does the kick motion that Shawn did earlier as the camera dramatically moves outwards from his kick showing the entire stage and front audience in all its glory. The front audience is bathed in pink light.

Oh!!
And now it's my time to shine
Cus I've been chasing the shadows
All my life...
Light up the night sky..
With the heat from the fire
Fire in my eyes
Ain't no mountain
Too high for me to climb!
And nothing's gonna knock me down
When I look back on
My encore!

Karl then begins his walk along the catwalk again. Behind him, we can see everyone but Ricard on drums all lining up behind parading behind him. The stage turns a light blue. Engaging the audience, Karl shouts out "VALLETTA!! ON YOUR FEET!" To which the crowd roars. The song subdues as we can see everyone on stage supporting him with "Ahhhh's" and "Ooohs" in the background.

And I gave my very best, with the purest intent
Ohh ohh

Shawn, Phillip and the backing vocalists all raise their hands above their heads and clap to the beat, this starts with the audience joining in as well. The camera pulls outwards before we cut to an upper-body shot and then a close up of Karl as he sings "Thinking even the stars were out of sight" He’d never felt more alive as he saw the audience engaging, he had unearthed a greater joy than any he’d ever had before performing. Karl turns with his back to the audience and looks back at the camera that's behind him showing a huge shot of the entire arena again. The band and the backing singers carry on singing "Dum dum du ah ah Dum dum dum du ah ah" in the background.

It's my time to shine
Cus I've been chasing the shadows, all my life..
Light up the sky!! (It's my time to shine!)

The backing singers blend the pre-chorus into the chorus smoothly and as the chorus bursts forth Karl suddenly backs towards the audience running, he leaps into the crowd (into a specific area that had been told beforehand) and begins crowd surfing in a sea of hands. At the same time as the chorus bursts forth five huge paper confetti cannon goes off over the stage raining down silver and gold paper strips all over the stage and the front of the audience for the rest of the song. The camera swoops and follows Karl and then captures a view from his right-hand side before it transitions to an incredible shot from above looking down on Karl, his face grinning excitedly. He was beside himself with happiness, at that moment right there in his home country he felt a sense of joy. His happiness was infectious. It starts as a tingle in the fingers and toes, much like the feeling you have when you could be anxious, but instead of worrisome it's warm. You feel it pass through like a warm ocean wave, washing away the stress of the day to leave you refreshed inside.

It's my time to shine
Cus I've been chasing the shadows, all my life
Light up the sky!!

Filled with ecstasy from the crowd surfing Karl rushes back to the edge of the catwalks stage to join his band again The camera follows from above before cutting a shot from the back of the arena, gold and sliver strips still raining down and blue and pink spotlights blaring out. Karl throws his arm up as he belts " Ain't no mountain too high for me to climb" and carries on bopping along with the rest of his band who are all vigorously bouncing excitedly, their teeth showing as they grin and sing behind him. The band play their instruments playfully. The camera pans along them all left to right. The camera pulls out dramatically from Karl outwards and stops mid arena as he belts out "My Encore!" and thrusts his free hand into the air as firework pyros shoot upwards from the stage!

With the heat from the fire
Fire in my eyes
Ain't no mountain
Too high for me to climb
And nothing's gonna knock me down
When I look back on
My Encore!

Immediately the band including the drummer rush towards Karl and the group hug each other as the crowd goes wild and does in fact start chanting "Encore!" The roars echo throughout the stadium as the camera pans over hundreds of flags and back to the stage. Karl is crying happy tears and covers his mouth with his hands, We have a brief shot of some of the home crowd who obviously come from Malta Comino Gozo their faces are painted in the face the national colours with and they wave their MCG scarves and MCG flags vivaciously. Karl speaks out in a high-pitched tone. "Grazzi! Grazzi ħafna Valletta! Thank you!" He emotes exaggeratedly with his body, bowing over, bouncing up and down. The cheering carries on as the postcard animation for the Spiritual Rep of Caryton plays on the screens.
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:26 pm

Rebekka: "Good evening all, and what an evening it is! This is, of course, Worldvision night, so get out your vodka and drink enough to make sure that the next song doesn't sound as terrible as it will when you're sober and hearing it on the radio the next morning. Anyway, I'm here with my colleague, Ony Yepsin, and we're both here to bring you some live commentary throughout the night."

Ony: "In case you haven't already guessed, this will be the official English commentary for Worldvision, so, unless you can get over the jokes that don't translate over well, or the thick accents, we're happy to have you! If you prefer no humor at all, of course, there're always the hosts of the show, who never fail to bring about a familiar sense of cringe to the contest."

Rebekka: "Always, for as long as the contest shall live, we will always support our unfunny hosts. Anyway, speaking of the hosts, they're getting ready to set up the show, so let's listen in and pray that we can just get on with the show."

Opening Act and Parade of Nations

Rebekka: "Well, that was a nice little video, showing all of us little old Malta Comino Gozo. We all saw some shots of the Sciberras, I hope I'm saying that right, Peninsula, the Royal Palace, and, of course, the Fed Ex Forum, where the contest is being held tonight. I wonder how much the company paid to have their name spelled out on the opening video, by the way."

Ony: "No, that was a very nice video, and we always love words like 'Affluent' spelled out for us so we're all constantly reminded that Malta Comino Gozo is not, in fact, a disgusting cesspool."

Rebekka: "Indeed, Ony. We're not in Corola this edition, and it sure shows!"

Ony: "Can you believe this is the third time we've had Worldvision in Malta Comino Gozo, Rebekka? I feel like it was just yesterday that they've made their debut in the contest, but they've already made a splash at Worldvision and we're always excited to come back."

Rebekka: "Absolutely, and the weather could not be any more perfect. It's a perfect getaway from the long, cold nights in Polkopia, and a perfect opportunity for me to return home, red as a tomato!"

Ony: "You know, there's sunblock for that..."

Rebekka: "Anyway, our hosts for the evening are Tim Gabe and Brooke Galea, and they are as happy as ever to bring us the contest tonight. Our first entry of the night is actually Carrelie, so let's get started!"

01. Carrelie

Rebekka: "Hmm, this is the sort of song that would do pretty well in Polkopia, wouldn't you agree?"

Ony: "Yeah, I quite like it, it has a very heavy electronic feel, but still retaining elements of pop. I like it very much, but I just worry that such a song shouldn't be first in the running order. Usually, I'd expect a more... let's say, explosive song to kick off the night, but this isn't that. And there's nothing wrong with that, of course, but it may suffer in the voting as a result."

Rebekka: "Wow, you've really done your research then, huh? But lucky for them, there're plenty of recap videos at the end of the show that remind the viewers that Carrelie is still taking part in this competition!"

Ony: "I do hope the best for them, after all, it's my favorite song of the night so far!"

Rebekka: "Ladies and gentlemen, that was the wonderful Marien Lochnette with her song, Let It Be. If you'd like to vote for that... well, I'm sure you know what to do by now. Up next is... let's see... Iqq Northwest Bir Tawil Halaib Triangles? That's a mouthful, isn't it!"

02. Iqq Northwest Bir Tawil Halaib Triangles

Ony: "no"

Rebekka: "no"

03. StrayaRoos

Rebekka: "Well, I think we've seen it all now, ladies and gentlemen. Luckily, this is Worldvision and you can sing about whatever you want. Strayaroos decided to send a song about... sharks? Something about a shark dying and it was angry and...? I'm a bit confused, I'll admit."

Ony: "Maybe it's a song about fossil fuels? I think I heard miss Sajuna mention something about oil, so maybe the song has a deeper meaning than you might think!"

Rebekka: "Is that why the song ended early then?"

Ony: "Yeah it just cut off after a certain point, didn't it? I can't say for sure why that is either, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here, I suppose."

Rebekka: "Well there you have it! Either way, we're moving on to our next entry, which comes from Izmedu!"

04. Izmedu

TBA

05. Polkopia

Rebekka: "Oh I think she did very well, bless her heart. She's been through a bit of controversy here in Polkopia but I do think she's done us proud with that performance right there!"

Ony: "I agree! It doesn't scream 'winner' to me, but it doesn't have to, right? It's a good performance, and a bit unusual, really, for what we normally send, but hopefully it pays off this time!"

Rebekka: "Here's hoping! Anyway next, we have Kalosia!"

06. Kalosia

Rebekka: "Yes, for those of you who were also confused, this is indeed Kalosia. I had to double check the running order to make sure I wasn't seeing things."

Ony: "I think this is a fun change from what we've normally come to expect from Kalosia. I like this type of music, though it typically gets very mixed results in voting, but I think this is a strong enough entry. I would've loved to see a song like this performed in Kalosian though.

Rebekka: "Kalosian is indeed a pretty language, but... do you really think a song like this would be better in Kalosian? Personally, I think keeping the song in English was a good choice; the lyrics are good enough and it flows pretty well. Kalosian is better fitted to... say, dramatic pop songs or ballads, don't you think?"

Ony: "I think the girls at Yevronskaya Street1 all speak Kalosian too, so there are many, many ways Kalosian can be used, dear Rebekka."

Rebekka: "...And with that, we're moving on to our next song, song number seven - Aenglide!"

1 Yevronskaya Street is a street in Peeto most famously noted for its underground prostitution ring. While many have turned a blind eye to it today, the street had historically been the site of harsh government crackdowns, mass arrests, and protests.

07. Aenglide

Rebekka: "Oh I did really enjoy that one, I'll say."

Ony: "...Aenglide, I don't really remember them. What'd they send last edition again?"

Rebekka: "Remember... they sent that 'dreaming' song?"

Ony: "Did it do well?"

Rebekka: "No."

Ony: "Well, that's why I don't remember it. But this one could be a real game-changer for them, it's polished, the staging is cute, the lyrics... well, I'm a bit confused about this girl claiming she's better than the weather, but nobody's perfect! I do think this one deserves to do well."

Rebekka: "And with that, we're moving on to our next song. Nightom is back, and they're represented by Walter Karlsson. Let's take a listen!"

08. Nightom

TBA

09. Scotatrova

Rebekka: "I'm sorry, what did she say?"

Ony: "Ahem, well, according to a lyrical translation here, she's saying her cheeks are as red as her... butt."

Rebekka: "Huh... you know, I'm always very surprised when a group of music producers put together a song, read the lyrics, and think, 'yeah, that sounds good!'"

Ony: "Well, you can't deny the song's very catchy."

Rebekka: "Oh, the song is an absolute bop and will definitely be playing at all the clubs here once this night is over. I just hope that the DJs editing this track omit 99% of the words so that we can all enjoy the actual song."

Ony: "Please, let's not try and pretend you care about the lyrics of the songs that the DJ plays at a club."

Rebekka: "Well, we could debate that all night, but we're on to our next song. This one comes from... oh joy, it's Placely Placington."

10. Placely Placington

Ony: "no"

Rebekka: "no"
Last edited by Polkopia on Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:44 pm

24. Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Pearl Schuft and Howard Schuft - Stray No More
Lyrics & Music: Pearl Schuft and Howard Schuft

Background: Pearl Schuft represents the musical tastes of the majority of the Spiritual Republic of Caryton. The grandmotherly contralto sings old style gospel music without pandering to the foreign WorldVision community of modern music and excessive theatrics. Simplicity in tune and lyrics alike have earned Pearl several Goldie awards- the highest musical honor in Caryton. She is outmatched only by Latanya Anderson in amount of Goldies won. Pearl Schuft's debut in WorldVision symbolizes Caryton's embrace of its own identity amidst a storm of identical opposition.

Today, she sings with her husband in a duet.

tune

I still ponder the stars above-
I still ponder the breadth of His love.
And when I ponder, I am sure-
That I will stray no more.

The stage would open with the two figures sitting plainly on a stool. Pearl would be wearing a simple white dress with Howard in a simple white suit. The soft piano and organ would lull in the background, the two being cast in simple dim amber light as auxiliary white lights twinkled in the black darkness like the stars in the night sky. Pearl folded her hands politely in her lap, raising only her right hand to sing with the microphone. The lack of details placed focus firmly on the two figures, a reverent silence spreading among the normally rowdy audience.

From glory above, I'll stray no more!
From his great love, I'll stray no more!
To shores of life, to end of strife.
Beautiful dawn! I'll stray no more!

The two figures cast in the dim and homely amber light shared lines and then sung together, leaning into each other lovingly with content smiles on their faces. Their harmonies carried with clarity across the venue, with a simple focus on the two figures.

His son, He so lovingly sent.
That it may possible for us to repent.
Knowing now, I forsake sordid wrath!
Knowing now, I'll stray no more!

Howard would take his stanza, his aged baritone solid like the foundation to build a faith on. He turned to face his wife, who turned to face him in turn. The light would dim a bit more, closing in on Howard to hammer home how small they were compared to the massive venue and crowds of audience- a protest against the noise the audience has been immersed in for the past hour or so. It was somewhat refreshing, their voices still and small like the Holy Spirit yet commanding attention from the crowd.

From glory above, I'll stray no more!
From his great love, I'll stray no more!
To shores of life, to end of strife.
Beautiful dawn! I'll stray no more!

The two locked their hands, delicately singing through the chorus as the sparkling lights in the background one by one began to disappear, an analogy for the faithful and believers steadily being picked away by the secular world- as well as an analogy for the rapidly dropping number of people who would listen to their music- or their message. Yet the two seemed content in each other, sharing harmonies as the audience could only watch as their "power" grew weaker and weaker. The two figures sang the last line as the sole auxiliary "star" turned off, the dim amber fading to darkness in totality, the quiet lingering in the venue for a few seconds before dignified applause filled the room, potentially from the Carytonic delegations in whole.
Last edited by Spiritual Republic of Caryton on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Achaean Republic » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:04 pm

25| Achaean Republic
Viviana Mercado: Comunión
Tune: Ednita Nazario - Pedir Perdón
Music & Lyrics: Viviana Mercado, Guillermo Angulo, Ángel Torres Villegas

If there was one thing Viviana Mercado enjoyed from going to Holy Mass every Sunday morning, it was the sweet wine dipped in the copper chalice, mixed in with the unleavened communion wafers the priest put in her mouth every now and then. The chalice in one side, sitting proudly and gilded. The thin, buttery, wafery hosts in the gilded paten. The priest sprinkling the Eucharist and praying in Latin mixed with his thick Castilian accent (Viviana’s parish was one of the few in Corola that still offered Sunday Mass in Latin, and her priest was born and raise in Spain). There was Viviana, with her golden locks and pinched veil, thinking and anxiously waiting for the priest to finish his prayers and the organ player to play so she could be the first one and dart to the front of the altar and taste the sweet, sweet bread. She could care less about the consecration of the Host, the Words of Instruction, the proper worship and behavior of the Host, or even the transubstantiation. She just wanted to taste the bread.

Viviana always kept her Catholic faith near her. While her most popular songs relate to affairs and breakups and feminism and hope, many other songs were by their nature introspective and reflective, think pieces of sorts where the poetic voice could gather his or her thoughts and ponder on the meanings of a life worth living. And then came Comunión (“Communion”), a song is both scandalous and sacrilegious as it can be liberating and worthwhile. Who knew her body, long seen as a temple, could also be beaten and tortured, eaten and ripped apart, torn violently and yet sensually visceral.

Since her hometown performance at the 59th World Hit Festival in Orongumilá, where she placed fifth and won the Congeniality Award sponsored by Fuego Airlines for her journey to the World Hit Festival. In a few weeks, Te Vas a Perder became a smash hit that was certified platinum by the Achaean Billboard Association, receiving major platitudes from music magazines like Rolling Stone Latinoamérica, Billboard Acaya, Vea, and more. It revitalized her career as a sensual, confident sixty-year-old woman capable of beating the odds to succeed in her market once again. La Diva Corolana is not only back—she never left the spotlight!

This was the same impetus that got her invited by the Achaean WorldVision delegation and AS1 to compete in the return of the storied national final, best known as WorldVision: La Nacional. She competed once before but was not successful. She also competed in the special Casals Sinfónico Popular orchestral final for World Hit Festival 56, but was not successful either. Of course, she would be quite reluctant to compete if it meant facing her fears of failure—and oftentimes, fear of success—and get into the contest head-on.

She won.

Now, she was off to represent the nation once again, her first adventure into the near year, attempting to retrace her journey into her storied career as one of the country’s most esteemed singers into WorldVision Success. She was proud of Andrea González when she won in Zafizamarrah, even hugging her and congratulating her on her enormous talent. Now it was time to be congratulated on her own.

Valleta. Sunny, balmy Valleta. It wasn’t the first time Viviana stopped by the islands—she remembered she once traveled to the bustling port during a Mediterranean cruise vacation with her second husband twenty years ago. She bought some tin St. George’s crosses (with sharp edges that also served as impromptu beer openers) and had a nice swordfish dinner that almost caused her to suffer from ciguatera poisoning and led her gravely ill for two days. It was enough to almost ruin her trip, but not enough to ruin the beautiful memories of the Maltese coast. Now she was able to soak in some sun (although it felt a bit colder than back home in Achaea) and join in the fun.

The Maltese were borderline crazy for WorldVision, even more so than what would be expected of the Achaeans, whose tempers were cooled somewhat after winning a few editions ago. The island friendship extended from the Achaeans’ hosting turn in Rosario where the Malta Comino Gozoans appeared for the first time. Since then, the Achaeans and the Malta Comino Gozoans have kept friendly ties and a friendly rivalry—the Achaeans with their chaotic good sluttiness, the Malta Comino Gozoans with their boundless optimism.

So you could argue there was a bit of pressure to succeed in Valletta.

Viviana never discriminated in her fashion choices. Instead of having a special wardrobe artist pick out the perfect clothes for her to wear, she simply check out her expansive closet and picked up a plain black sheer-like chiffon tunic shirt, see-through enough that an eagle-eyed viewer with a high-definition apparatus could notice her white brassiere. It was alright—she was proud of her perky boobs at 60, although they were naturally sagging on their own. She also had a classic Calvin Klein black dress pants that totally looked good with her shirts; she bought them on a whirlwind trip at a Marshall’s in Miami. Then were the typical Pandora collars with the overpriced trinkets and the Bulova rose gold watch she only pulled out on special events like this one and of course—the fabulous [url=https://i.pinimg.com/originals/64/f7/a3/64f7a34e2805994e5ae04dd8f37b3c5d.jpg] custom-made rose gold booties from the Betsey Johnson collection she bought a while back, when the pandemic got her into the nasty habit of compulsive shopping just in case she had a Facebook live or a tiny desk concert or an interview in the middle of quarantine. Some of it she returned back—no quantities were specified—, but she chose to stay with the boots, the piece de resistance that enchanted many Achaean women and became the sort of memetic mutation one could possibly dream of. But compared to the last time she competed, this look was darker and restrained. Maybe that could be the idea.

The audience was anxious for what the Achaeans would serve next. Given the…questionable (to say the least) choices portrayed in the last edition with an indecipherable song and a Sim-like structural chaos that earned another top 10 entry, many could be relieved (and surprised!) that the Caribbean nation could offer a dark pop/rock entry with a senior citizen. She was unfettered, though. The delegation was unfettered. The performers were unfettered.

When the camera was focused on the stage, the crew was dispersed. Clockwise: At three, there was Gustavo the drummer, with his sticks in hand and the right hand in the thumper. At six and facing the audience in the arena, there was Viviana looking at the floor, at once praying to God and the Virgin and trying to adjust her rose gold shoes. They were comfortable, yet they felt quite fragile. Behind her, a guitarist picked up his pick from his back pocket. Then there was a pianist at a short distance, alongside two female vocalists also wearing black from head to toe. The heat of the LEDs in the stage would burn them alive.

The lights flickered on and fixated on Viviana. She enjoyed being close to the audience; she thrived off the positive energy for her performances. Unlike Orongumilá, she was able to engage and vividly interact with them (barring restrictions, of course). For the TV screens at home, however, the audience could see black-and-white images for this first part of the song. There were lights on her back, flickering on and off like floodlights, setting up a mood of aloofness and mystery. Her countenance appeared to be contemplative, rueful, brooding. Not unusual with her music, but now she needed to bring that energy to the stage. She needed to reflect her worth amidst an unappreciative or inattentive lover. Yes, she doesn’t mind the company. But she is ready to assert her independence—her flesh, her body, her blood, is all hers and no one else’s. If she shares it, it’s because she wants to and not because she is breaking her boundaries.

Este es mi cuerpo, así tú lo quieres
Esta es mi sangre, no te pertenece
Si no me comes, quizás no me bebes
Y la memoria desvanecerá

Así son tiernos, mis ojos crucé
Quería entregarte todo mi ser

Then the bridge exploded with lights. Floodlights, flashlights, LED lights. Budding flashes of lights surrounded the stage and briefly engulfed the audience. In a one-two-three motion, the wide-pan cameras showed the how the lights timed with the riffs of the guitar in such a precise angle that it seemed that the guitar was activating lights with it sound—after all, isn’t light an extension of sound? The stage was covered in whites and creams and tinges of reds and drops of black and rose gold/pink. Then another camera panned to Viviana, growing a tad hot and sweaty over the lights absorbing her dark clothes, walking around the stage and interacting with the audience. She loved to be with the audience and absorb all their energy while she provided much energy on her own. Still another camera featured the unmasked audience (Malta Comino Gozo had done a terrific job at controlling the virus that, despite omicron, fully vaccinated visitors were allowed to wander maskless in the arena) cheering on the Achaeans as they should. The somewhat cautiously masked Achaeans, however, However, for this time she stayed a bit confined to the audience in the rectangular end of the catwalk.

Dame tu comunión
Déjame sentir tu piel, el corazón
En mi sol expiró
En mi sol expiró
Mi sol expiró

This performance had a tinge of somber sadness that was not unique to Viviana. The black dresses. The rueful contemplation of a broken relationship. The wine and the bread, the flesh, the violence of communion. Just like those wafers she would briskly dart over when the Eucharist was held so she could see the broken, delicious pieces of Christ slowly melt into her tongue and twist the senses of her palate, she could imagine her body being given over to her lover—bitten, chewed, savored—only for him to spit her out in contempt and disgrace. I will vomit you from my mouth, said the Savior to His lukewarm church. Was her lover growing lukewarm with her, too?

Y ahora que te vas, estoy inerte
Ven y mírame frente a frente
Vas recorriendo toda mi mente
Quizás tú sepas cual es mi final

Así son tiernos, mis ojos crucé
Quería entregarte todo mi ser

Once again, the bridge showed an explosion of lights coming from every angle. Each guitar riff translated into an angle of floodlights, LED lights, camera lights, flashing lights that would fill the arena with gilded explosions of a rock-and-roll kind. This was not intentional; the Achaean scenographers wanted the performance to play with the images of light and darkness, the faint streaks of red flashing on the screens intermittently as it collided with the beaming flashes of light. A light show, perhaps, was on the cards. Or perhaps it just looked good on the TV screens.

The audience was brimming at the Achaean entry—and not only because they could somewhat muster the essence of the words in an actual language. The Achaean audience, always present, always loud, more so in Malta Comino Gozo, which was familiar territory for those of means and intent. The camera played with the beaming audience and then to Viviana, then to a low shot angle with the cameras in the audience looking up to Viviana up top, engaging and interacting with them. When she said audiences gave her energy, she truly meant it.

It’s been a while for Viviana to perform a rock number like this one. Yes, years of touring and performing and sleeplessness may have taken a toll on her, but she still felt herself sexy and confident even at the ripe age of 60. Not may singers would reach a storied musical without paying a price taxed on her body. Maybe Madonna. But she never compared herself to Madonna as it was pointless (though she managed to catch glances with her at a concert in New York City a while back). For all the lovers, lovelessness, fear and fearlessness, she still felt the same insecurities as always, what with the competition and the role modeling and the fame. Maybe she needed a moment of communion with her own body. Maybe she needed a moment of communion with herself.

Dame tu comunión
En mi sol expiró
En mi sol expiró
Mi sol expiró

Dame tu comunión
En mi sol expiró
En mi sol expiró
Mi sol expiró

Then, she laid prone on the floor, her back laying on the rectangular end of the catwalk. There wasn’t much of a surface area for Viviana to work on—but no matter, a zoom-out wide pan showed a laying Viviana, clad in black and some fancy rose gold boots, gazing at the sky (or at the many lights and masonry work while squinting at the brightness) and laying her right arm on the floor while holding her microphone on the left. She wasn’t a lefty, mind you, but enough years of working with her left hand (and an accident that left her banged up in Mexico a few years back) left her somewhat ambidextrous. The camera focused on her, slowly zooming out to a major scene of the stage. On another camera, then at a low angle, Viviana laid her body on the camera’s side overlooking the audience, stroking her golden hair and circling her head in a seductive motion. It was a while since she performed like that. Might as well let them have it.

El corazón en mi sol
El corazón en mi sol
En mi sol expiró

El corazón en mi sol
El corazón en mi sol
En mi sol expiró

For the final extension of the chorus, the flooding of light collided with the crescendo of the music. The organized chaos of the light show invading the stage at the same time. The impressive array of light, twisting and turning, bending and creating, with brief streaks of red flooding the stage every so often, impressed the cheering audience in Valleta (and hopefully the people at home, too). A low-lying camera surrounded by the audience noticed how Viviana quickly got off the ground and kneeled, whipping her hair in a circular motion and passed her right hand over her body. Then she quickly stood up and looked straight at the front camera that quickly zoomed out to the on-and-off lightened stage. She needed to take this home, drive the intensity of performance and settle in the passion of the moment. That was her—passionate, emotional, intimate, uniquely her. After all, nobody stays in the business for 30+ years without ruffling some feathers and harnessing talent alone! But WorldVision, much like her experience with the World Hit Festival, is a much more meritocratic ballgame: age, experience and respect does not account for much. Even budgets and choreography won’t cut it; Andrea learned that lesson in Zafizamarrah a while back. But she didn’t care and she refused to care. She just wanted to perform and give herself as a communion to her fans for one more time.

Dame tu comunión
En mi sol expiró
En mi sol expiró
Mi sol expiró

Dame tu comunión
En mi sol expiró
En mi sol expiró
Mi sol expiró

Mi sol expiró

A sudden trail of fireworks ended the performance, and the stage quickly faded to black. The fireworks came from the front of the stage until the perimeter of the half-circular catwalk and into the front-facing stage where most of the performers were located. Flags were waived. Invigorated, Viviana quickly bowed and gave a curtsey to the audience once the normal stage lights triggered back. The audience reciprocated with cheers in kind. Wiping a few beads of sweat from her forehead, she managed to muster some phrasebook Maltese (they spoke English in Malta Comino Gozo, so learning Maltese was unfortunately not a priority for the team), “Grazzi! Inħobbuk, Malta! Thank you so much! Gracias!”

How did Viviana manage to remember how to say “Thank you” in three, maybe four languages, is a riddle for the ages.

This is my body, this is how you want it
This is my blood, it doesn’t belong to you
If you don’t eat me, perhaps you won’t drink me
And the memory will fade away

How tender things are, my eyes have crossed apart
I wanted to give you my whole being

Give me your communion
Let me feel your skin, the heart
In my Sun expired
In my Sun expired
My Sun expired

And now that you’re leaving, I am inert
Come and look at me face to face
You run along my body
Maybe you know what my end will be

How tender things are, my eyes have crossed apart
I wanted to give you my whole being

Give me your communion
In my Sun expired
In my Sun expired
My Sun expired

Give me your communion
In my Sun expired
In my Sun expired
My Sun expired

The heart in my Sun
The heart in my Sun
In my Sun expired

The heart in my Sun
The heart in my Sun
In my Sun expired
Last edited by Achaean Republic on Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Norrp
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Norrp » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:35 am

Norrp
Salena
Lips
English

Original Song

Salena Gammour was born in Feldstadt, Norrp on June 2nd, 1999. She is a singer who rose to stardom as a host. She became a singer making it all the way through the reality show Popstars – Neue Engel braucht das Land.

She is one of the most successful Pop Singer. NorrpTV wants to improve their run of average results in the WV and will be sending Selena and the songs "Lips" to Valletta in Malta Comino Gozo to try and get a good left side result.

After the postcard, we fade into an aerial view of the crowd who are applauding. Selena stood centre stage behind a microphone prop, with some theatrical fog being emitted to the heights of her knees. As the tune started, the lights on the stage floor slowly lit up one by one as She sang the first few lyrics of the song. She has a headset microphone on her lovely face. She makes eye contact as the camera comes towards her and goes past her side profile. She has 2 lady backing vocalists who stand at the back of the stage bopping along and singing "Woohoo". Selena claps her hands sideways to the camera at the end of this verse.

Lips
Cause your lips are on my mind
An addiction hard to hide
So mysterious that taste
Get it back into my life
Now your lips are on my mind
We could do this all night
With the world of love and riots in your eyes,
Tick tick tock
Like a well worn clock

As Selena sings "Lips " a huge pair of pink animated cartoon kissing lips pop up all over the screens of the stage amongst a lightish yellow background. They are nice lips they don't look cheesy. The spotlights are pink and white and rush around the crowd. Selena is happy and conveys this by dancing and shuffling her body to the song. Her dancing is like shimmering as she shakes her upperbidy Her long hair flows in the air machine. She runs her fingers upwards through her lovely hair up to the top of her head. We can hear the backing vocalists almost echo Selena's great voice! The camera shows us the stage and then cuts to Selena singing.

Cause your lips
Are on my mind
Drip like a dripping tap
Your name runs through my head
Drip!
Will, it never stop?
Till I get you to my bed
Cause your lips
Are on my mind
Lips Lips Lips Lips Lips Lips Lips Lips Lips Lips Lips lips lips lips lips
Your lips are on my mind!

The spotlights calm and Selena is lit in just white. We have a audience shot, a stage shot and a face shot of Selena singing.

For all, I want to do
Is lie here with you!
Wrapped up safe and warm
Sheltered from the storm
Tick tick tock
Like a well worn clock
Your fire is in my eye
Tick tick tock
Gotta take stock
Only we know why

The backing vocalists are captured on the screen singing in the abckground.

We could do this all night
With the world of love and riots in your eyes,

Just before the chorus starts, Selena quickly spins around and is now facing the lovely audience. As the chorus begins, she and her 3 backup dancers begin to dance. They all turn to the right and start strutting in place, before turning to their left and do the same movements and pose for the camera before continuing. As they turn back to face the camera, the dancers start to move forward slightly and are now diagonally dancing in front of Selena. The stage lights flash brightly for every "lips" as the background fills with pink lips again, each lighting up either dancer next to Diana. When she sings Cause your lips she makes shushing motion.

Cause your lips
Are on my mind
Drip like a dripping tap
Drip!
Will, it never stop?
Till I get you to my bed
Cause your lips
Are on my mind
Your lips are on, on my mind!

Selena sings with passion amongst the stage fog.

Yes yes no
Please don't go
I've gotta be by your side
No no yes
Just love that scarf
I wanna get inside
Inside you inside you
All I want is your lips

When she sings Cause your lips she makes a shushing motion.

Cause your lips
Are on my mind
Drip like a dripping tap
Drip!
Will, it never stop?
Till I get you to my bed
Cause your lips
Are on my mind

The backing dancers start clapping ad the beat kicks in and the camera wildly captures the whole stage as Selena dances energetically ruffling her hair. They dance beside her shaking their hips with her. Pink and white and red spotlights whirl around and we have lots of shots of the stage.
Cause your lips
Are on my mind
Drip like a dripping tap
Drip!
Will, it never stop?
Till I get you to my bed
Cause your lips
Are on my mind

The song ends with firework that boom out of the bottom of the stage to a huge cheer from the audience! "Thank you Valletta!!" She throws her arms about screaming with happiness she was so happy she leaves the stage from the side and then its set for the next entry
Last edited by Norrp on Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:10 am, edited 9 times in total.

Hanvaria
Attaché

Founded: Dec 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Hanvarian Contestant Prosecuted

Postby Hanvaria » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:43 am

To our dismay, Lawrence Iriba, our contestant for the competition, has been prosecuted due to a discrepancy in his travel documents. Please read the following report by the Minister of Immigration of the Free Republic of Hanvaria. He will be removed from the competition and be deported back to Hanvaria for trial. We are requesting a deportation of him from the country as soon as possible.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tsbk9_Ie3o8_6IiFB2frxeXdNnz-HidAt23Wlbvp0pg/edit?usp=sharing

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:26 pm

Vinido bueno, barush ahaba, welcome everyone and welcome all, we are broadcasting live from Valletta, in wonderful Malta Comino Gozo! This sunny island nation has the unrivaled job of hosting the 96th Worldvision Song Contest. And yes, folks, the undisputed prodigal child of Worldvision, is making their return! Talvezout, love or hate them, we will be back, fingers and toes crossed, for Worldvision 97, hosted in god knows where. But now, TRT, is here providing live commentary and other assorted goodies for this contest. You see, we're whetting everyone's appetite for when we come back next contest. And God willing, we finally win it! We've been a part of Worldvision since the contest was in the 30s editions, now it's nearly Worldvision 100 and we are still going without a win. I think it's criminal, but then again you can't arrest people for having bad taste sadly. Still, there's not point moping now - the show is gonna start.

And what a magnificent opener that was! One of my favorite things about Worldvision, besides the thrills of the voting and the great and not so great songs, is the unabashed tourism ads they liberally bombard you with each contest. This whole opener wasn't about Worldvision, it was about spending your hard-earned Tavares in Malta Comino Gozo! Still, they are an island nation just like us, so I suppose there is some form of bizarre kinship that is shared across these aquatic lines. Now, our two hosts, Brooke and Tom, from what I've heard they are stars here in these little islands. Brooke got her start from posting videos online, while Tom is the host of a popular evening chat show here in the MCG. Now, they have the unenviable task of presenting this whole damn contest, so please give them a warm round of applause!

01 - Carrelie

02 - Iqq Northwest Bir Tawil Halaib Triangles
Well, one of the most wonderful things about Worldvision is that there's room for everyone. That was the entry from the Iqq Northwest Bir Tawil Halaib Triangles, or the INBTHT for short. I want to say that's probably the shortest ever Worldvision song? Unless there's a song that's just a one second chord then the INBTHT has the record. Congrats to them.

03 - StrayaRoos

04 - Izmedu

05 - Polkopia

06 - Kalosia

07 - Aenglide

08 - Nightom

09 - Scotatrova

10 - Placely Placington

11 - Waisnor
This seems very much in that ever so pervasive strain of dance pop that seems to be omnipresent here at Worldvision, isn't it? Anyway, it is a very capable performance by a very capable performer. I can imagine it garnering quite a few votes from the various competitors here at Worldvision. Also, I must commend the visual effects and props here - MCG1 have been definitely doing nothing but a magnificent job hosting this whole contest.

12 - Adab

13 - Zamboodle
Well, if you're a furry, don't go to Zamboodle.

14 - Pemecutan

15 - Beepee
This is the type of over-dramatic melodramatic ballad that bubuelas (Talvesh word for grandma, used affectionately) seem to gobble up here in Talvezout. Of course, that means that it is a very good song and will likely do well. Beepee, I believe got their start at a Worldvision contest that was hosted by us. It is always a lovely time to see nations stick in for the long run - sadly we are not one of those nations! Still, this is a very wonderful ballad by two very wonderful performers that should do well. And frankly, ought to do well.

16 - Belgaam

MCG1 has been doing a wonderful job now, haven't they? Quite the colorful Worldvision, isn't it? Hosting Worldvision is no easy feat, but massive credit to MCG1 - they make it look easy!
Last edited by Talvezout on Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 am

27.Vartugia

Why is there a toddler at Worldvision?- "Let's Vote for Vartugia <3"

Yes, you read that right. Vartugia are somehow represented by a toddler. Why is beyond me other than that the toddler won the 2nd ever Vartugia Decides and at age 2 represent Vartugia

The toddler are all alone on the stage as the music begins to play.

LOL. L. O. L.
Why is there a todler at Worldvision?
Shouldnt he go to bed?
I have so many questions
On this

He tries to walk but he falls over. A grown-up picks him up. Somehow the toddler doesn't cry.

Everyone call your number and vote for us
Ensure that Vartugia will win
Everyone call your number and vote for us.

He begins to do dance moves but he falls over again and the grownup is back to pick him up.

I am 2 year old
Singing songs
LOL. L. O. L. – pee pee poo poo to the loo
Deepest text i know
Can we just end this contest now?
Points points points
420 points from every nation
Winner winner chicken dinner
Y’all are laughting at this
Just wait when i reprise this again

He accidentally pukes on stage.

His voice gets worse and worse and even the staging is a trainwreck at this point.

I am 2 year old
Singing songs
With lines that jsut breaks the flow of the orginal tune for no reasons
I have the best lyrics ever hands down
Pee pee poo poo lel
Go go ga ga

I belive he does something here. Look i dont know what to write here so enjoy the poorly written staging on this.

Sing with us because you will hear this again
When we get 12 points from the jury then we will win
Show me all the points that we will win tonight after the contest
Tonight we are celebrating Vartugia’s first ever win

Vote vote vote vote vote
Vote vote vote vote vote
Vote vote vote vote vote
Vote vote vote vote vote
Vote vote vote vote vote

Hashtag toddlerpride
Singing songs

His voice is quite tired as he repeats the word "vote" again.

Vote vote vote vote vote
Vote vote vote vote vote
Vote vote vote vote vote
Vote vote vote vote vote
Vote vote vote vote vote
Just fucking vote us
Last edited by Vartugia on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

28 | Britonisea | Amara Talin - Found

Postby Britonisea » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:24 pm

#28 BRITONISEA
Amara Talin - "Found"
Tune : RAIGN - "Who Are You"
Music: Evangelista Rocques, Kayla Luccia Lyrics: Tasha Louise

Amara Talin: She will become Britonisea's next representative as the country returns to the contest after the behind the scenes debacle at BITC during the 95th WorldVision Song Contest...

After the failed attempt at participation during last edition, Britonisea is back for its 50th entry at the 96th WorldVision Song Contest in Malta Comino Gozo, with Amara Talin singing her song, "Found"...

Three consecutive participations saw BITC lose the dazzle that it once had 20 editions ago as the nation struggled to get into the top 10. BITC's joint partnership with BVC saw the nation come second, but since the broadcaster has been left to their own devices, it hasn't been plain sailing. BVC were having issues of its own at the World Hit Festival, with Britonisea scoring 15th - once of its worse placements, which saw both Nightom and Estogium place higher than it in Aronyk before finishing on the right-hand side yet again the following edition. Daniel Ghant managed to bring Britonisea back into the top 10 - only just - as he placed 10th with 135 points for the first time since Vha Mehlodhivestoile winner Aaliyah Banques just missed out on victory at the 90th WorldVision Song Contest. It was the fourth time out of the last five participations that Britonisea failed to break into the top 9 which it had frequented 33 times in just over 40 participations, severely damaging the nation's average placement over the time it has participated at the contest. There have been questions as to why the broadcasters seem to be slacking, and there have been questions that most of BVC's and BITC's focus has been on the upcoming 7th edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile especially after last year's winner didn't go on to win the WorldVision Song Contest. It is thought that some of BITC's and BVC's options for their respective song competitions get fed into the hit Britonish show which is broadcasted in over 20 different nations. With the upcoming edition coming in less than a couple of months, both broadcasters are fishing around for music and talent that would be good enough to send to the contest, but not within the interest of the broadcasters to chuck them into the national selection.

WorldVision Song Contest 95 was a complete mess in the eyes of BITC. The country was one of the first to confirm its participation and announced it with a partnership with a production company that would choose the song for Britonisea. The national final would be shown online, and only feature Britonish songs and by the time the winner had started to prepare to go WorldVision Song Contest, they had refused the chance to represent the country for personal reasons and disagreements over switching the whole song into English. They argued that two songs in Britonish have won the WorldVision Song Contest, under BITC leadership, but BITC haven't sent a Britonish song since and would prefer to send songs in English - which is spoken by the majority. This wasn't the only reason that the winner withdrew, however. There were some internal disagreements from the production company and broadcaster BITC which lasted longer than the broadcaster thought, meaning that there would be no time to send an entry before the deadlines. Britonisea was due to perform in the first half of the contest last edition, but ended up simply broadcasting it without participation. Last edition also marked the first time in 64 editions that no ABEN nations participated in the contest, with the bloc switching between one another to participation to keep the streak going.

For the 96th WorldVision Song Contest, there were some suggestions that Britonisea would return with a bid to host the contest as it would mark 15 editions since Britonisea last hosted, in Boschke, and 30 editions since Telm City hosted. Some believed that due to the waning viewership thanks to the broadcaster's messy participation pattern and sub-par results, hosting would be the best thing to bring the interest back up as it did at the 81st WorldVision Song Contest, but BITC said that it would be working on other projects but a bid in the near future is not out of the question. On BITC's agenda was to find the next Britonish star who would re-solidify Britonisea as a major contender at the contest and one to watch out for, especially in the run-up to the centennial edition of the world's biggest music competition. The Britonish broadcaster are not ones to ostracise anyone (legal) who wants to represent Britonisea, but they knew that for the 96th WorldVision Song Contest, they were looking for a female soloist act - the first one in what would be five editions. Whereas male soloists tend to pull in most of the good results for Britonisea at the World Hit Festival, in WorldVision, it's all about the women with three of the four last female soloists to have represented Britonisea all scoring more than 210 points, placing in the top 2. Six of Britonisea's 7 wins are female soloists and so Britonisea knows a thing or two when deciding the right song for an epic female singer.

Enter Amara Talin, a 29-year-old singer from Telm City who is sending a very dramatic ballad that you'd find every year at Vha Mehlodhivestoile. Similar to the likes of Axis - "Stop" a song Amara says she idolises, and is definitely the sort of song that she would sing. For Britons, "Stop" alongside "Pyro" (which came out around that time) marked a turning of the tides for Britonisea in international song competitions, the point at which the nation turned into a powerhouse people know it as today. Amara says that with her song, "Found," she wants people to feel enthralled by what is happening on the stage and the message behind the song. She admitted that behind the scenes personnel believe that this song is the nation's biggest push since the 90th WorldVision Song Contest but we would have to see whether that translates into points...

Duration: 03:46
Main Vocalist: Amara Talin
Female Vocalist 1: Jeanette Baker
Female Vocalist 2: Alina Talin
Male Dancers: DIVERGENT Dance Group

After whatever that was from Vartugia performed, it was time for Britonisea on the stage. It was the first time that the country performed in the 28th position and they were hoping that this would bring some luck with it. For Amara, she was ready to get on the stage - in fact, she hated that she had to wait so long to get onto the stage. Nevertheless, after waiting around two hours, it was her time and she leapt up from her seat in the green room to make her way to the stage. She was wearing a white flowy dress that would fit in with the staging. The staging was a platform that was hoisted into the air by a couple of metres, with white semi-transparent sheets attached to the rigs, which swooped down to create a tent (almost) around her. There were openings between each of the white sheets, where Amara would sing out to and where the cameras would be able to catch her glance. Smoke billowed from under the platform as the stage personnel cleared the scene. There were little dazzling lights behind her which flickered as the song started. As you could hear the falsetto in the background, cameras were poised on this tent as Amara was looking down. There wasn't much light on the stage apart from the tent with her in it, which - in contrast with the rest of the darkened stage - looked like a beacon of light. Her camera shots kept on switching every couple of beats, and none of the shots was perfect - they were all shaky as though someone was manually holding the camera without a stabiliser. This was the effect that the team wanted to create, however, and along with the flickering lights that were made by the lights behind her, it created a sort of dystopic aura around the performance - with Amara locked sheltered by all the badness around her. Similarly to most Britonish performances these days, black bars appeared as the falsetto voices stopped playing and the shot quickly turned to black. As we opened up, Amara looked up to meet a camera that was in front of her. There was a slight sepia tint, not too noticeable if you weren't searching for it, but it made the performance look cinematic and this was quite a cinematic song. Amara gently caressed her face as she began singing the first line of her song...

Staring into the unknown,
Afraid to step towards the light.
Paralysed with fear and dread,
My bloodied hands, they shout I'm guilty.

Death looms as the whirlwind beckons,
I'm inconsolable.
The end's begun - my greatest test.

The camera shots during the performance were very slow, adding to the dreamy atmosphere that was created once the black bars had come in - completely opposite from how the song and staging started off. There was a mixture of close up shots, slowly zooming into Amara's face as she sang, with her gaze never leaving the audience in front of her. She had noticed, from previous performances, that there was a light that she could see ahead (which she assumed was a fire exit) that she would focus on that the cameras could make it look like she was looking at them. She smiled only just, but not too much to undermine the seriousness of the lyrics she was singing. The facial expression that Amara was giving looked almost as though she was trying to reassure herself that everything would be okay, despite death looming. As she sings how inconsolable she is, she moved her hand to her chest, with the camera capturing this intimate moment - pausing before, at a quicker place, tilting up towards her face as she sang the last few words for the first verse, "my greatest test". She rolled her neck back as we once again faded to black. The performance felt as though it was only giving glimpses of the stage, and the turmoil that is to happen around her.

I am here, the secret is out,
No more time to hide, no more land to scout
I've been found.
No more time to cry, all alone at night
I've been found.

The first chorus, as always, isn't meant to give away most of what's going on either but there was a long shot of the stage as we burst out into it with Amara slightly bending as she had to force the lyrics out of her throat at the sudden change of dynamics. The audience was only gifted with a couple of seconds of a long shot, with the camera movement being quite light and flowy, starting upright before turning into more of a canted angle before we quickly cut to the next picture of her from a low angle shot. Meanwhile, the lights were still focused on her but a couple of the strobe spotlights escaped, filling different parts of the stage with small detail. There was a light breeze coming towards Amara as she was singing, but you could tell that she was holding back and after she sang the final line of the chorus, she put the microphone down by her side, waiting for the next part of the song. There were some specks of orange light from the bottom of the platform that she was standing on - different ones to the ones that were flickering before. As we moved onto the next verse, the instrumentation of the song would slightly change as we move into the next part of it, with the orchestral elements being picked out such as the horn and some of the strings instruments. Through the camera shots and staging, the team wanted to use these as cues to add in some elements that would bring the performance together.

Been in hiding for too long, the paranoia takes hold
It slowly picks away at my soul,
I'm skin and bone; vultures - they're circling

Death looms as the whirlwind beckons,
I'm inconsolable.
The end's begun - my greatest test.

When singing "the paranoia takes hold", there was a camera that circled the platform that she was standing on, but Amara didn't follow it with her eyes, she just continued facing forwards - ignoring it. As you could hear the sound of horns coming in, acting as a cyclorama, you could see that there were projections on the outside of the four sheets, but the cameras focused on the front two from a further away point. One of the projections looked like the face of an evil character, with horns, laughing - one could argue it was the face of death. The other sheet had vultures that were circling around it. As we moved onto the line, "they're circling," there was an effect done which turned the projections of the vultures circling into the AR, with the birds flying towards the screen - bound to shock those who weren't focusing on the performance. As this was done, there was an establishing shot of the stage, as light slowly started to fill in - dimly lit. As she sings the pre-chorus once again, the smoke started to build up again, reaching Amara's shoes even though she was high up in the air. She then sang the introduction to the chorus, "I am here, the secret is out," with conviction.

I've been found.

I've been found.
I've been found.

As she repeated the opening lines of the chorus, now with the full drive of the beat behind her, the sheets collapsed as the fans were turned onto max power. The light that was once encapsulated in the podium that she was on had spread out towards the stage, with some lasers also being seen from the very back of the stage. As you look around the stage, it unveiled an army of a male army marching band, who were dressed in the goriest of outfits as though they had just come from war. The make-up made them look like death and alongside with some props which added to this dystopian scene around them. The men were in rows of three on each side, with those at the back having the timpani on them, with the drum in front of them attached to straps on their shoulders. The other band members had an array of different instruments, including large brass instruments which they pretended to play during this bit. With Amara being the only female on stage, dressed in white and on a podium, she heavily contrasted with what was going on below and around her. As the bridge came in, the lights quickly changed to become darker and scarier.

Yeah, the ground is closing in,
The temperature is rising,
The pressure, it mounts...
As the skies, oh how they darken,
All eyes on me, they are all watchin' -
They all want my comeuppance.

As the lights went darker, flashes of lights were coming from the top of the stage to mimic lightning. The men who were around her placed their instruments down as the camera cut closer towards Amara's face. As we zoomed out a bit, you could see the men running towards the podium, climbing on top of one another, pushing each other out of the way etc to get closer and closer to Amara. She started singing with a frightened expression as she could see the hands of the men appearing over the ledge of the podium. As she sang the lyrics, "All eyes on me, they're all watchin'", she looked down at the men with the cameras capturing this moment from all angles. As she finished the bridge section, she quickly extended out her arms, with a bright light seemingly rippling through the stage in a similar vein to a star exploding. As white light filled the camera screen, we cut to VTs of men falling in slow motion through what looked like a warped view of out-of-space (I suppose, similar to Estonia 2021 but better). Amara sang live over the VT, and in the VT, the men's make-up kept glitching towards the ones they had on the stage (looking like death) to normal.

I've been found.

After this subdued chorus started, the strings brought in Amara's most powerful chorus yet with the woman ad-libbing to add some vocal flair and excitement to the performance. The stage around her was changed during the VTs, and was made to look bare like what you would imagine a scene to look like after a war. The podium that she was standing on was slowly lowering itself as she sang the final chorus. The staging was white and cloudy, reminiscent of the gates of Heaven - with light blue, white and gold being the main colours on the stage.

I've been found.
I've been found.
I've been found.

No more time to hide, I've been found...

At the end of the chorus, Amara had reached the final line of the chorus, the platform had brought her down to normal level with the staging going dark once again - a single spotlight following her as she made her way closer to the edge of the stage, and the camera that was in front of her. As she sang the lyric, "I've been found", there were lights coming from the back, exposing the silhouettes of the scary soldiers - all of whom stood in a line behind her. She knew her time was up and with an alarmed look, as she turned around and faced them before the lights went to black. The audience cheered loudly for the Briton as she took a deep breath. "Thank you, all! Thank you so much!"

We then moved onto the performance by Kasanova Koratica.
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Illdonya
Envoy

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Illdonyan Commentary

Postby Illdonya » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:32 pm

Hello world and greetings from Valletta, Malta Comino Gozo! Illdonya failed to debut this contest but not to worry Illdonya will debut in the next Worldvision contest (Worldvision 97). For now, I, Janet Sonia will commentate on this worldvision contest! I am here in Valletta, Malta Comino Gozo where the beautiful island breeze comforts our faces. The "X" stadium in Valletta is one of the most magnificent stadiums in the world! But I must finish talking as the opening act is about to start! So hold on to your hats everyone, there will be amazing performances and songs tonight.

What an beautiful opening act! The amazing beauty of Malta Comino Gozo and Valletta is shown upon us. Us Illdonyans should travel here more often. I wonder if there are direct flights to Valletta. I might even consider moving here! Look at all these quaint houses and the beautiful seaside. This is really hard to resist. Ever since I landed here in Valletta I was starstruck by the beauty of this place. Anyway that is enough talk about the beauty of Valletta. The first song is about to start!

1. Carrelie (#CAR)
What a great song to kick the world vision song contest off! I love the performance, it was truly amazing. This song is definitely going to do well. Congrats to Marien Lochnette for a great kickoff, and good luck!

2. Iqq Northwest Bir Tawil Halal Triangles (#IQQ)
Oh my! This is quite a worrying situation we have here. The performer seems to have injured and maybe killed a few audience members. This worries me quite a bit. Back to the song, this song seems to be the shortest song in Worldvision! These short songs help shorten the show. There are a lot of countries participating so the show can get extremely long!

3. StrayaRoos (#STR)
What an amazing stage production! Look at all those really cool water effects! The effects are so realistic, and I hope that they don't drown from the realistic looking water! This song was quite good and you don't get many songs about sharks that often do we? Hopefully StrayaRoos will win for the first time! They also recently branded their national selection to RooVision!

4. Izmedu (#IZM)
What a great song! Despite an emotional past the performers pull an amazing performance! It must be tragic to have a good friend dying. Sympathy aside, the song is quite good and has a decent possibility of winning. I wish Kara an amazing contest and I hope that she recovers from the grief and pain. As they say in Illdonya, music may be the best medicine for healing. On behalf of Illdonya, we Kara and Letenje good luck with the contest!

5. Polkopia (#PLK)
What an amazing performance from Polkopia! The beautiful harmonies and the pretty melody create such a good song. Polkopia has had a few good contests actually. Polkopia had won world vision the most out of all the countries! I wouldn't be surprised if this country won the contest this time.

6. Kalosia (#KLS)
I love the melody of that song! I wonder where I can buy it hehe. This performance has such an energetic vibe to it! I think this country can do well. Good luck Kalosia!

7. Aenglide (#AED)
Wow. That was a good song! I love the beats and the harmonies. Aenglide will surely do well in this competition! Like many of the countries, Aenglide has not won any world vision contests yet. This contest could be it's first! And as always, good luck to Aenglide!

8. Nightom (#KNI)

9. Scotatrova (#SCT)
Avantí has such a beautiful voice! No wonder she was chosen to represent Scotatrova! The melody of this song is extremely enjoyable. I can see this song doing well in Illdonya. If Illdonya was participating and I was chosen to give some points to some countries, Scotatrova would definitely receive some points. Good job Scotatrova and good luck!

10. Placidly Placington (#PPT)
Quite an interesting song about Placidly Placington. Not only did this song sound decent, it gives a bit of information about the country and the song. The people in Placidly Placington must be quite loyal to their country and to Dave McDaverson. Anyway I wish some good luck to Television Director and Dave McDaverson.

11. Waisnor (#WSN)

12. Adab (#ADB)

13. Zamboodle (#ZBD)

14. Pemecutan (#PCU)

15. Beepee (#BPE)

16. Belgaam (#BLG)

17. Elejamie (#EJM)

18. Alezian Union (#ALE)

19. Ertzei Kishim (#KSH)

20. StrayaRoos Barrier Islands (#SBI)
Last edited by Illdonya on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Worldvision 97, 20th place
Worldvision 98, 19th place
Worldvision 99, 32nd place
Worldvision 102, 5th place
Worldvision 103, 19th place
Worldvision 104, 8th place
Worldvision 105, 26th place
Worldvision 106, 12th place

Kuhling (Feker Libi) International Airport

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:06 am

The stage fades back into the WV#96 logo as the camera approaches Tim surrounded by fans from Alezian Union, Carrelie, Achaean Republic and Waisnor for a brief interval.

Tim: "That was "Amara Talin" from Britonisea. What a performance!!" The crowd cheers as the camera pans from Tim out across the audience with flags and arms waving everywhere!

Tim: "35 participants are here tonight who all share one dream to win the Worldvision Song Contest! AND, Oh man do we have some fantastic participants! Iva?" The crowd cheers and agrees.

Tim: "So let us know at home what you think of our show and use our hashtag #WVSC! Now we move on to... Kasanova Koratica!"
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Kasanovakoratica
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Kasanovakoratica » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:57 pm

29.KASANOVA-KORATICA

Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVv2xSLMdIY

She LOVED!

By Cassidy

A lady walks onto the stage.

I hear you calling. But I will not answer.

Her phone levitates and starts ringing and singing.

Goodbye.

She ascends.
Last edited by Kasanovakoratica on Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WV29: 28th/29, 9 points
WV33: 22nd/25, 24 pts
WV34: 12th/30, 57 pts
WV35: 34th/39, 23 pts
WV37: 37th/40, 21 pts
WV39: 25th/45, 47 pts
WV40: 44th/44, 10 pts
WV41: 24th/34, 37 pts
WV43: 10th/28, 55 pts
WV44: 23rd/25, 23 pts
WV45: 24th/29, 26 pts (not counted by other people because time happened)
WV48: 17th/34, 46 pts (with some sweet lady named Gertrude)
WV68: 10th/26, 59 pts
WV85: 28th/28, 3 pts
WV88: 32nd/32, 9 pts
WV95: 27th/27, 12 pts
WV96: 27th/34, 44 pts
WV97: 22nd/25, 38 pts

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:58 pm

30. _Tödlichebujoku_

The Kiss Of Night

Viduriksin

Tune: The MVI ft. Karra - Kryptonite

Viduriksin is a group composed of Airi Kamiya & Kirsikka Jucausco. Having met at a dancefloor in Kaltekasai, the two bonded over their mutual interests in music and soon began to produce together. Their success in the club market began to emanate toward other audiences, and soon, they were in touch with TÖBUK for a possible performance internationally. That soon came to pass, and the two landed in Valletta, ready to party.

At first, darkness. And then, music and light. The stage floor instantly glows blue, illuminating Airi from below, her voluptuous dress glowing from below, its silky white folds spreading across the ground, covered from behind by a dark, velvety cape. No other light is shining upon her other than that from below, the blue light creating a dramatic and spooky mood as she gazes imperiously out of her bejeweled masquerade mask from center stage, even as other blue lights shine straight down into the audience, flashing with the beat

Give me something I could never have
From the realm where all must speak in whispers
Broker deals that risk a deadly wrath
If you're not worthy, then no one's worthy

A soft white light begins to shine upon her as she turns to her addressee, Kirsikka dressed in silver and wielding a sword, rather like Grimes at the Met, the camera view close in for the intimate second

I'll offer my heart to steel your might
Show me your strength, now cast the die
Oh can you fight her, can you deny her,
Can't see you fall to the kiss of night

Airi fades from view as the camera view turns to Kirsikka as she whirls and battles three figures clad entirely in black, the fighting highly stylized and in time to the music, all involved gracefully striking and twirling in time to the beat. The colors of the stage alternate between blue and red, the light from below throbbing as it does so, as spears of white light strike through dull colors from below. The effect is of a deadly duel on the dancefloor in a spy movie

As the dance break ends, Airi has moved away, floating down the projecting platform, a haughty look cast back to Kirsikka and her attackers as she resumes singing, a soft light once again cast upon her as lights glimmer and flash down upon the audience all around

Maybe you don't truly understand
The consequences of your lust for solace
Pray the fates might give a second chance
If no one's worthy, then you're not worthy

So tell me again what you desire
Am I so great, you'd face the pyre?
Try to fight her, try to deny her
So will you fall to the kiss of night

Once again, she fades from view. In an exciting dance-chase, Kirsikka weaves around her assailants, heading down the now-empty catwalk, dodging and striking, sword over the audience, but soon finding herself on the defensive

She weaves words, into your own
Breaks your mind, she stays unknown
And you fall

Her touch upon you, ooh
And I feel it too

Airi too is found to be overpowered, her cape pulled away, other figures grapsing at her as she sings the final chorus

I offered my heart to steel your might
Lured by your strength, we've cast the die
Tried to fight her, tried to deny her
Together we feed the kiss of night
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:36 pm

ETV1 presents WorldVision 96 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

Model and entertainer. Upbeat and fairly easy to please but sometimes he'll give criticism or comments on songs, regardless of whether or not he likes them. Expect positive comments from him, especially since my personal thoughts on the songs usually tend to lean closer to his opinions. Despite what the picture shows, he doesn't actually smoke. Calls Flynn "Fleen" because Y in the Iyilim alphabet is a consonant so it kept coming out as "Fluh-yeen", Flynn told him to pretend there's an I in it instead of a Y.

Ice hockey goaltender turned talk show host. Incredibly cynical and miserable to the point where he might seem a bit dickheadish. Almost always speaks in a flat monotone. Brought in not just as a foil to Cerin and his positive attitude but also because the two are friends off-camera. Will still give some positive comments on songs if they please him.

CE: Welcome to WorldVision 96! Bienvenido a WorldVision 96! Yalcom WorldVision 96! Live in Valletta once again!
FT: It's good to be back.
CE: Yes it is! Anyway, I'm Cerin Erali.
FT: And I'm Flynn Taggart.
CE: And we are your English language commentators for this evening. For a Spanish commentary, Iyilim language commentary or to sing-along to each entry, please press the red button. Thank you. Para Español, Iyilim o karaoke, pulse botón rojo por favor. Gracias. Aspenol, Iyilim o cereoc - Ancelis o Aspenol, ne Iyilim - plaes toc rad boton. Fenci.
FT: Call the number, text the number, use the app. Use whatever way you want to televote.
CE: Other than the reminder that the obligatory reminder that you, the viewers at home, can't vote for us at #17, there's nothing else that we need to say so on with the show!

01 - Carrelie

CE: Ooh, this is a nice opener. A bit dancey, with a nice sparkly and kind of a bubbly beat as well. I don't think it'll do well but it will definitely win fans over.

02 - IQQ whatever

CE: Fleen, they're killing the audience again!
FT: (sighing disappointedly) Hang on.
(Flynn picks up the shotgun at the back of the booth and, after loading a couple of shells, heads down to stage level to try and stop the INWBTHT entrant from massacring more of the audience. Only to come back upstairs a few minutes later where he puts his gun back where it was. Fortunately, he did get rid of the slugs to make sure it was safe.)
FT: The guards beat me to it.

03 - StrayaRoos

FT: This sounds like something from my early career.
CE: Or what I'd be listening to as I grew up.
FT: Feels a bit unfinished.
CE: It does but hey, it's good for what it is. Should get a respectable score.

04 - Izmedu

CE: So Izmedu come back after a decent break of... however long.
FT: Seven contests. Eight if you include this one. I can never remember where to end these.
CE: Fenci. And, to celebrate their return they have this!
FT: It's very underwhelming.
CE: I can see why but, honestly, I dig it. Very subtle and nuanced. Maybe it's to test the waters or maybe they're hoping their stage performance bails them out but, overall, this might do fairly well.

05 - Polkopia

CE: A little bit different to what they normally send.
FT: How?
CE: I don't know, it feels a bit more retro? Like, from when I was young or when you were my age. It's good, no question. It just strikes me a bit differently.

06 - Kalosia

CE: Ooh, a nice bit of indie rock from Kalosia. It sounds like it'd fit very much at home with the hosts.

07 - Aengide

FT: Aenglide trying to suck up to Polkopia, Ertzei Kishim et al.
CE: It's quite good. I quite like the beat, it's a bit thumpy. And her vocals really go well with it.

08 - Nightom

CE: This is quite decent as well. It's got quite a solid beat even if it doesn't really change the world and it really compliments his vocals as well. Well done.

09 - Scotatrova

CE: It's good.
FT: But...?
CE: Again there is no but. Other than the ones we're using to sit with. It's just simply "good".
FT: I'm sure there's a "but" there.
CE: A couple of bad lyrics. But hey, we can always throw those apples out, they're not tainting the orchard.

(N.B. Personally I'm not really keen on Ava Max so I found it a bit hard trying to be positive about it. And it's not really a song worthy of any real negativity from Cerin either)

10 - Placely Placington

FT: One of the WorldVision entrants ever.

11 - Waisnor

FT: Waisnor there, waking everyone up from the slumber Placely Placington had put everyone in.
CE: The beat's quite good, if a bit mysterious. Her vocals, not really. She seems a bit... nervous. I don't know. I mean, she is performing in front of millions of people but, I don't know.

12 - Adab

FT: This is definitely good.
CE: Oh definitely. It has some emotion to it, there's some depth. This should hopefully do well.

13 - Zamboodle

FT: And we go from that to this...
CE: Let's er, let's not review this song and say we did.

14 - Pemecutan

CE: Well the good news is that she sings it well.
FT: But...?
CE: OK, now there is an actual but. And, I don't know, the beat just feels boring. Like it's supposed to be emotional but it feels so basic and so stock. At least it'll snatch up a good amount of points.

15 - Beepee

CE: A bit of a change from Beepee but it's not a bad change. Potential top ten, at least.

16 - Belgaam

CE: And Belgaam's back!
FT: Sounds like an underwhelming return but knowing what happened last contest it doesn't matter really.
CE: I still think it'll do fairly well.

17 - Elejamie

FT: And here's us.
CE: OK, this should hopefully do well. A nice clubby beat, plenty of energy and atmosphere, charismatic singers, maybe this'll be our year!
FT: And the lyrics?
CE: It's a dance song, no one cares about the lyrics.

18 - Alezian Union

FT: Well this doesn't sound pandering at all.
CE: How can you hate this? It's fun, it's vibey, it's going to do well, no doubt about it.

19 - Ertzei Kishim

FT: OK, now we need to find out who copied whose homework.
CE: Yeah, my comments for the last song could easily apply here.

20 - StrayaRoos Barrier Islands

FT: Riveting. Must-watch entertainment.

21 - Crustyland

FT: I take it the budget ran out.
CE: That's actually what happened, Fleen.
FT: OK, wasn't expecting that.

22 - Metras

FT: Finally, something good.
CE: It's nice, it's folksy and it does have a bit of harmony to it. The downside is that it probably won't do so well. Just a feeling.

23 - Malta Comino Gozo

CE: Onto the hosts and this'll definitely do well. It's nice and upbeat, it's kind of Summery despite it probably being Winter in a lot of places and overall it's quite nice to listen to. It's just a question of whether or not it'll get them out of this slump, though.

24 - Spiritual Republic of Caryton

FT: Standard Carytonic fare.
CE: Yeah, pretty much. It'll do as well as they normally do but you have to respect the hustle they keep bringing.

25 - Achaean Republic

CE: Now, if my notes are correct and I'm not exactly 100% sure on it, but this is among the favourites. If it isn't then it's among my favourites. It's nice and ballady but again with a real interesting premise and emotion. I quite like it.

26 - Norrp

CE: It's nice and peppy. I could imagine it getting less good over time but for now I quite like it.
FT: She does seem a bit obsessed with the word "Lips". It certainly stopped sounding like a word after I was done hearing it.
CE: True but I still liked it.

27 - Vartugia

FT: It's Vartugia. What do you want us to say about them?

28 - Britonisea

FT: Why does the beginning sound like someone screaming into their pillow because they were angry?
CE: I don't know but, either way, this song can only really be described as "dramatic". Like, it's been polished really well, it's a Britonish entry of course it has to be. And it feels like it should be played during a really dramatic moment on some soap or drama TV show.
FT: So do you like it or not?
CE: I kind of do but at the same time I can see why people wouldn't be.

29 - Kasanova-Koratica

FT: I would've hung up on you too.

30 - Todlichebujoku

CE: So here's Todlichebujoku's entry and I must say that it sounds like it could do well. It has that vibe, that atmosphere.
FT: I don't like it. It just sounds boring.

31 - Hafamarimët

CE: First up, I do not like the whispering. It feels like ASMR but not as good. Not so sure on the ending either. But other than that, it's pretty decent.

32 - Saviera

CE: Not a bad tune. It sounds like a bunch of drunk dads but other than that, not bad.
FT: Is that it?
CE: Pretty much. I don't have much else to say on it, really. It's not really a song that needs a deep talk about it.

33 - Ethane

CE: And another pleasant tune from Ethane. Again, not worth a deep dive but it's still good for what it is.

34 - Moorland

CE: And, again, another song that doesn't really require much discussion. A nice, laid back guitar-y tune. What's to complain about.
FT: It's OK.
CE: And Fleen thinks it's OK so there's that as well.

35 - Ikslund

SADLY DISQUALIFIED
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Hafamarimyht
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hafamarimyht » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:31 am

31| Hafamarimët
Giving In - S t R E S S L E S S
Tune: Skin 2 Skin by Hyd
Music: Mïvnal Mudran, Rila Pnuvanetka | Lyrics: Rila Pnuvanetka

#HAF

S t R E S S L E S S is the project of singer-songwriter Rila Pnuvanetka and producer Mïvnal Mudran who first met when Mïvnal recorded and produced a demo for a band called Halt and Hold, of which Rila was the bassist. They discussed a mutual interest in hyperpop and electro, which led to them cutting a demo a month later. Halt and Hold went on tour shortly after that as openers for Teardrop's Nöjtuvjë tour, but six months later Rina was back in Mïvnal's studio with a fresh batch of lyrics and hooks, some of which eventually coalesced into the song Giving In. The pair decided to enter it into WorldVision Judadïl 96, TVH's national final, and as a result of the televote they managed to narrowly defeat Juža Alin, a top-selling pop star who was also the jury's favorite. A few quick rehearsals later, they find themselves in Valletta, ready to perform this song in front of an audience for only the second time.

Before the lights come on, as the postcard ends, Rila walks to the front platform of the stage carrying a microphone and a loop pedal. She sets the pedal on the ground, gives it a kick, and holds the microphone out over the crowd, sneakily catching some bits of conversation and arena noise. She kicks the pedal again and heads back to the center, placing the loop pedal on the ground and connecting it to a mixer. She puts the mic into a stand behind a small protective screen and throws some large headphones on (ooc: think like the ones Slovenia had in 2015), bright red to contrast with her black and white striped hair, which falls barely past her shoulders and looks slightly unkempt.

The lights come up and she kicks the loop pedal again, allowing the bits of audience noise to permeate throughout the entire arena. She twists a few knobs as the screens behind her show abstract black and white jagged lines moving to form different shapes that seem to shake for a moment before disintegrating and reconfiguring. She smiles a bit as she twists the mixer one more time before leaning towards the mic and beginning to whisper.

Giving in, patience thin
It's a sin where I've been
Into him on a whim
Chances slim, dark and grim
Put a pin, push it in
In the bin, thick and thin
Let's begin, take a spin
Double gin, figure in
Lose or win, take it in
Meddle in, medal in
Take a swim, deeper end
Double gin - let's begin

Mïvnal stands in the background, turning knobs and buttons on their own mixer, shown up close a few times during the prior verse. As the chorus starts, the arena washes with a strange blue-yellow and Mïvnal turns to their drum machine, bobbing their head along to the beat. A closeup on Rila's face shows light and shadow playing as if she was stepping through slots of light or driving through a tunnel. She smiles slightly yet confidently, making direct eye contact with the camera. Another shot of Mïvnal shows their left hand on the mixer and their right on the drum machine, obviously manipulating the echoes of Rila's voice.

If you wonder why I get bad inside
Grab you by the !! make you see right
Think you don't know why I get bad inside?
Love you hate you
On another night I'd be giving in
Giving you the !! keep you smiling
In another life we could be something
Not you not you

As the chorus snaps to an end, the camera cuts back to a closeup on Rila's face. She looks vaguely annoyed, though she quickly smiles a bit, confidently letting the audience know this is a show, this is her show, this is the band's show and they know what they're doing. The screen behind them again shows black and white patterns, though the changes between them are sharper, less fluid, more jarring and almost strobe-like. She jumps on her loop pedal during the repeating part, kicking it again as the verse moves on.

Pick me up, put me down
Not around, safe and sound
Soft or loud, freaking out
Buy the hound by the pound
Mark it down, out of town
Chicken out, what about
Getting up, moving on
Dusk til dawn - still a pawn
Broken bond, ölv ölv ölv ölv ölv ölv ölv ölv
Stand up strong, what is wrong?
Take too long, moving on

Promise promise promise promise promise promise promise promise

The video screens behind them make it look as if electricity is running through the entire arena, adding a sort of blue tint to the strobe-like effect. Several different angles focus mostly on Rila, her face, her whole stance (this one is at a bit of an angle, sort of 90s-inspired). A few quick shots of Mïvnal's hands and concentrated face as they go back and forth between drum machine, mixer, and synthesizer. They knock one side of their headphones off their left ear with their shoulder so they can hear the arena, which makes them smile to themself. They don't look at the camera once - they are simply in their own world, enjoying the experience.

Love you hate you
Not you not you

Rila takes her microphone out of it's stand and carefully, deliberately makes her way around back to the front platform. A camera keeps her in front focus as she walks, miming a cigarette at the appropriate line, and the camera continues to turn around her once she has arrived, showing a full view of the stadium in front of her as well as the back of her. She smiles and bops along to the verse, rolling her eyes on the second "what the fuck" before breaking back into a smile as the camera pans wide to show Mïvnal manipulating a drum machine and a mixer, creating the repeated bit of this verse. The camera cuts back to her as she moves on, looking now at people in the arena, making eye contact with someone else during two of the last three lines, before closing her eyes, throwing her head back, and flipping off the sky for the last line.

Rubajëk, danojëk
Mučajëk, what the fuck
Sigabëk, mävajëk, mävajëk
Out of luck, need a buck
Need a buck, money suck
Need a truck - steal a truck
Try my luck - out of luck
What the fuck, rana vmëk
Plovjë-vjë-vjë-vjë-vjë-vjë-vjë-vjë-vjë
Plovavjëk
Muhavjëk
Dar žödëk

I hope, I try
I lose, what the fuck
I smoke a cigarette, I leave, I leave
Out of luck, need a buck
Need a buck, money suck
Need a truck - steal a truck
Try my luck - out of luck
What the fuck, I run away from here
Broken-ken-ken-ken-ken-ken-ken-ken-ken
I'm broke
I'm alone
So I give up

The lights get dark, with just a small light on her and some vague twinkling from various places around the arena. This shot is a long closeup as she displays a bit of wistful sadness with the first two lines, breaking into a smile for the third.

You don't know my life
You are not my kind
You don't know my life

The camera shows Mïvnal kicking Rila's loop pedal and going back to their gear as Rila begins the walk back during the first few lines of the chorus. The previous vocals echo throughout, mildly manipulated by Mïvnal and their mixer, while they also maintain the synthesizer line. When Rila is back, she puts the mic back in its stand. The flowing shapes of the first verse are back on the screens, but in the blue-yellow color scheme of the first chorus.

Love you hate you
Not you not you

The lights go wild, colorful, with the stiffer, jarring shapes now layered overtop the flowing ones. Rila is having the time of her life, especially as she once again kicks the loop pedal and the audience sound clip comes back. She notices an audience member recognize their own voice and points at them with a huge smile. Quick camera shots show Mïvnal also having a good time, their smiling face turned down towards their equipment, their hands shot from above expertly moving from button to button, key to key, Rila stomping down in time with the beat, her face as she sings the final line.

Not you not you

Not you not you

She smiles as the camera pulls back and she runs to hug Mïvnal, shouting and screaming with the crowd, although far enough from her microphone that her voice isn't picked up. Amid the incoherent cheers, she can definitely be seen to scream "Thank you!" to the audience before she looks directly in the camera and waves, smiling, beside Mïvnal who laughs to themself, satisfied.
Last edited by Hafamarimyht on Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:25 am, edited 7 times in total.
WV19: 23rd (27pts)
WV24: 34th (9pts)
WV26: 34th (28 pts)
WV27: 31st (27 pts)
WV28: 28th (21 pts)
WV30: 18th (39 pts)
WV34: DQ
WV82: 24th (18 pts)
WV86: 21st (99pts)
WV87: 9th (160pts)
WV88: 19th (121pts)
WV90: 26th (81pts)
WV91: 15th (117pts)
WV96: 17th (134pts)
WV99: 11th (158pts)
WV100: 16th in SF/DNQ
WV109: 18th (71pts)
WV110: 8th (156pts)
WV111: 7th (196pts)
WV112: 8th (146pts)

WHF5: 8th (16pts)
WHF11: 22nd (3pts)
WHF13: 24th (5pts)
WHF56: 20th (6pts)
WHF57: 8th (18pts)
WHF59: 10th (13pts)
WHF73: 2nd (22pts)

Saviera
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saviera » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:02 am

.::: 32 ✾ Saviera :::.
Hold the Line
Totus
Tune: Satellit by Ted Gärdestad (Cover)

This rock band started as a duo named Sweet Steve & Hella Jeff, consisting of founders Steven Glukoser and Jeffrey Porkchop. Over time they grew into the rock band they are today, and to distribute the attention equally among all members, they rebranded as Totus, Latin for 'whole'. "Who we are today reflects all of us as a whole, not just Steve and I" said Jeff in an interview.

For WorldVision, they will sing a song titled 'Hold the Line'. They recorded the song in a studio in Stockholm and overheard members of a local Swedish band tuning their instruments. Those sounds inspired them to write what eventually became the song you are about to hear today, although of course it has been through so much work and modifications that it is hard to make the case that that band should be credited as songwriters, or that Totus plagiarized.

'Hold the Line' tells a story from the perspective of a man with a friend with benefits (FWB). He is at crossroads as he ponders upon the future of his relationship with this girl. What initially started as a physical fling has since evolved, with the girl catching feelings but him seeing the relationship as nothing but hookups. Uniquely, this dilemma is framed within the imagery of telephone calls; the song has a retro 70s kind of throwback style and as such, the story is set in a way that evokes the experience of dating in the 1970s. Totus aren't the experts here though, none of them were born yet at the time!

Anyway, here they are on the international stage at Valletta. They are dressed in graphic t-shirts and various dark shades of denim (largely black and blue pairs). An authentic look, reflecting the authentic selves they are presenting to the world. And the song begins.

The stage is filled with smoke, and the members are already drowned in it, playing. In terms of the colour of the stage lighting, it is mostly brown/orange in colour, with hints of red. As this sick intro plays, lead singer Jeff steps out of the fog heroically, walking up confidently to the mic stand as he gets there in time to begin singing.

You
Called me the other morning, you
Just wanted to know if I was doing alright
Like long-distance lovers, you wanted to know
The way our little secret will go

His singing style was rather... blunt. Rough, perhaps. Needy, even. But definitely laid back. His vocals were shaky in some parts but loud and clear in others. And yes, the phrase "give [...] ahead" is wordplay here.

I
Called you the other evening, I
Was wondering if you were already in bed
Waited for you to give me the ‘go-ahead’
To whisper all the things that we’ve said
But suddenly, wait!

The members of Totus all sang the chorus together, sounding like drunk uncles but entirely in tune. In this song's context, to 'hold the line' is not a request to pause the relationship, but rather a plea to keep things going as is, to delay confronting the issue at hand until the two of them have had the time to think about it.

Hold the line! Hold the line! Whoa oh
Gotta hold the line, while I let it go
Gotta hold the line, so just let it slow
Love can’t be forced, why don’t you just let it flow?
(Just let it flow)

And what was going on around the stage? Not much really, they were here to perform their song. After previously singing about 'you' and 'I' in the first verses, now it is about 'we'. This is the point in which Jeff confronts the fact that he and the missus are on different frequencies.

We
Tried to ring up each other, we
Now see each other differently since we first met
I’m more than a number, your feelings have grown
To me you’re just a girl on the phone
Wait don’t hang up, no!

Instead of a second (fourth?) verse, it jumped straight back into the chorus. How could they improve this performance? Perhaps raspier vocals? But what could they do.

Love can’t be forced, why don’t you just let it flow?

Now, THIS is a guitar solo! The guitarist, Steve, steps out onto the spotlight and becomes the centre of attention for the next 15 seconds. The crowd cheers. Eventually, he gives the floor back to Jeff.

As the song comes to an end, the lights flash three times, one for each syllable of the final line.

Hold the line!

The song comes to a sudden but powerful end. The audience cheers. Steve comes over and puts his arm over Jeff as the latter thanks the audience. After a few moments, they leave the stage, allowing for the next act from Ethane to set up.
Last edited by Saviera on Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:01 pm

33 - ETHANE
Sebastian - What We Used To Be (WWUTB) | To the tune of Tristam - Mistake.

Sebastian steps out on to the middle of the stage. He is alone, wearing a black suit and tie outfit, though it looks slightly worn and ragged from overuse. There is makeup on him, designed to make it look like he has been crying and is tired. Sebastian is looking down at the ground, shrouded in shadow and darkness. A spotlight is shining on him from above, initially faint but increasing in intensity as he sings the first two lines of the song. The camera is focused on him and his hidden face, doing a quick pan across the audience during the first line as they wait in anticipation.

Whoa, enough, enough
Whoa, enough, enough

Sebastian looks up and straight at the camera with a ferocious intensity, his blue eyes almost staring into the souls of everyone watching on their screens at home. A mild white glow illuminates the stage as he begins singing, fading in and out slightly as the song phases through different sections. Sebastian is gesturing as he sings, clearly captured in the emotion of the song. As he starts singing, a montage of him and a women play in the background, showing a couple in love but growing apart and their relationship fracturing, glimpses of argument and turning away from each other building throughout the song.

Terrified.
Can't escape my desire.
I am a fucking mess, it's all because of you.
Deify.
Made you a god, I hate it.
Thought if I gave it all that I'd be fixed by you.

Sebastian takes a few steps forward towards the audience. The camera flickers around him, capturing his whole outfit around the back too. There is it is clear the outfit is more broken, with scratches and tears along the back and at the corners which were initially hidden from view. The cameras also capture the montage in the background.

Was young and naive,
Now I'm broken in pieces,
I said I do or die, now it metaphorically applies,
Can't repent now you've broken our ties.
All we had then is now dead.
All that we built up is now dead.
Everything I am is dead.

Alongside the white phasing lights rimming the stage, pulses of red flash across the stage in irregular patterns, though still feeling somewhat connected in timing to the music. Sebastian is pacing more and gesturing more violently, singing out to the audience but appearing pained as he sings.

I put my all into what we used to be,
Should've known,
I was broken and I was never ready, for me.
I thought if I could just rely on you to fix me,
We would hold together as the lord decreed.

His eyes flick back and stare straight at the camera again.

Woah, enough, enough.
Woah, enough, enough.

The lights dim slightly, with the white lights still phasing in intensity. The spotlight continues to follow him around. The red lights stay, but are no longer flashing - they remain on at a lower brightness level to gently bathe the stage in red, not overpowering the other lights. The montage continues to play in the background, with the relationship clearly much more strained. A slight blue tint colours the montage video.

Suicide.
Yet you can hear me breathing.
Crying myself to sleep, I'm tired and broken.
Those blue eyes,
I can still see them seething.
I turned away from the care of your loving arms.

Sebastian sits at the edge of the stage, staring painfully out towards the audience as he sings. A few tears can be seen in his eye for special effect - the camera closes in on this show of emotion. The lights slowly and gently brighten.

Was young and naive,
Now I'm broken in pieces,
I said I do or die, now it metaphorically applies,
Can't repent now you've broken our ties.
All we had then is now dead.
All that we built up is now dead.
Everything I am is dead.

Sebastian stands up and starts pacing around again, the camera following his movements from different zoom levels. The red lights have returned to an intensive irregular flashing, while the white lights are brighter. The montage clearly shows some low-level violence between the two of them.

I put my all into what we used to be,
Should've known,
I was broken and I was never ready, for me.
I thought if I could just rely on you to fix me,
We would hold together as the lord decreed.

Sebastian is in the centre at the back of the stage. The red and white lights brighten, and slowly hone in on just Sebastian, gradually leaving the rest of the stage in darkness. Sebastian places his hand on his heart while singing the final line, which the camera zooms in on before returning to a generic head-and-shoulders shot as he finishes the line. As Sebastian finishes the line and stops singing, he turns his back to the audience and faces rear-stage, where the screen and the backstage exit are. This is to signify him turning his back on it. As he finishes singing, the montage also shows the two turning their back on each other. The lights slowly phase out, as does the montage in a slow-fade to black. Only the spotlight remains on for a second, before that blinks out too with the sound of turning a light switch off, leaving the stage in complete darkness.

I know I shouldn't stare,
I can't forget what we could have been.
Had I not turnt away from your embrace.
When I come back to me.
No way back
To your arms
I won't make the same mistake again
Know the way
Full of pain
My heartache the only memory of you.

"Thank you Valletta! Thank you Malta Comino Gozo! I absolutely adore being in this wonderful country and singing for you guys! I'll have to come back and tour again soon! Thank you so much! Goodbye!.
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Caribou Island
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caribou Island » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:47 pm

She got on sang.

She was great.

Everyone loved it.

The end.

Low green boughs, sun-warmed waters
From better days, I felt it just now
I grew up just today
Playing in young green fields
Made merry in golden summer waves

Carolina, I can’t remember
A single cloud dimming our blue skies
No peal of thunder, no rumbling hunger
Now I’m
On my way back to better days
On my way back to better days

We quarrelled often but we made peace as quickly
All those shallow tears and belly-deep laughs
Can't you hear our mother calling?
She must have heard us falling
One kiss to fix us up, we’re ready to play

Carolina, I miss your stories
Those streets we’d run around one bright day
Hey, release your small woes, we’ll cry tomorrow, ah ah
Follow me, back to better days
Follow me, I can lead the way

Star-eyed gazes, sweet young faces
Think what we’ve lost, but look what we’ve gained
Our yesterday was gold
Precious in every way
But now the time has come to move on

Carolina, to you I’m faithful
In you the gleams of old sunshine play
Hey, look back and smile, stay a while
But soon

Carolina, I’m moving on now
Time for someone else to learn your song
Hey, now don’t go crying, nor wistful sighing
Ah-ah
Never forget those careless days
Never forget those careless days
Last edited by Caribou Island on Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ikslund
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ikslund » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:14 pm

Ikslund

"Performance Art #43" - Rena Rena

She steps onto the stage.

"I call this piece .... art."

The proceeding two minutes blows the mind of the arena.

The sound of bongos heal broken hearts.

They heal broken families.

They heal broken nations.

Lives have been changed on this day.

The end.
Last edited by Ikslund on Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:00 pm

TIM: That was Ikslund with the last song of the night! Wow! Now that was our 35 songs for tonight and one of those will be crowned our winner tonight! Your vote along with the national juries determines who wins here so grab your phone! You CAN make the difference! So start voting for your favourites!

Brooke: It's so easy! Grab that phone, call that number send that text or press the button on the Worldvision app you can vote for any country apart from your own.

So are you ready?!

Both: Worldvision START VOTING NOW!!!

Tim: Meanwhile let's kick things off with our interval act! Take it away Joshua Azzopardi!

The crowd cheers as the interval begins and Joshua Azzopardi can be seen standing centre stage, looking towards the stage floor.
The song was super catchy, with Joshua's vocals layered over the synthy vibes and gorgeously unexpected sitar. The LEDs flood with black and white images of Joshua as a child. The veena kicks in behind Joshua's powerful vocals as he looks up from the floor with a solemn expression on his face towards the camera. He is lit in a cold yellow spotlight.

Give them all the great white houses
Give them all you take from me
But they'll never
Take my spirit now
While I'm running free

Give them all the cocktail parties
But you'll never
Take away my dreams
While I'm running free

As he sings "Give them all you take from me" he winks and the camera swings from in front of him to his side and then behind as he struts forward from the back of the stage towards the edge of the main stage to a sea of floating mobile torch lights

Give them all
The praise and honour
But you'll never ever ever
Break my break my break my spirit
Break my break my spirit
While I'm running free

Give them all the wealth and glamour
But you'll never
Break my heart
Whilst my love stays with me

But the great big city
Got the best of me
But you'll never take away
Take away my dreams while I'm running free

Give them all
The praise and honour
While I'm running free
But you'll never
Break my spirit!
No no break my break my spirit!

While I'm running free
While I'm running free

Break my break my spirit

While I'm running free
Try and get me
But you'll never break my heart
While I'm running free
Oh yes while I'm running free
Break my break my spirit
You won't do this to me
While I'm running free
Try and get me

Give them all
The praise and honour
But you'll never never ever
Break my, break my break my spirit

Break my, break my spirit
While I'm running free
But you'll never
While I'm running free
But you'll never

Tim: "Grazzi Josh!! What a fantastic interval!! We hope you all enjoyed that. What a night it has been! We just want to say it has been fantastic having the Worldvision here once again in Malta Comino Gozo.

Our islands are a popular holiday hotspot, from our beautiful beaches and quiet villages to our forests and stunning culture. But one thing we are very proud of.. is our nightlife lets take a look, shall we? A look at MCG's clubbing scene

We cut back to our hosts with a cocktail in each hand they cheer and take a sip and the crowd cheers as they made their way over to the podium.

Brooke: "Oh gosh, would you look at that!! "It's almost time to close the voting!"

Brooke turns playfully to the timer counting down on the LED'S.

Tim: "SO IT IS!"
Both: " Everyone! 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 MULTIVERSE... The voting is ... now... CLOSED! "

Brooke: "Right, let's get serious shall we?"

She downs her drink (don't worry it's just juice) turns to Tim and pulls a funny face which makes him look slightly bewildered but nonetheless grins in approval, the audience laughs. The spotlights rush towards the stage, the mood intensifies and the camera cuts to the hosts in front of the voting podium.

Tim: "Ladies and Gentlemen are you ready to receive the results?! Let's find out now who the winner is!!"

Both hosts encourage a cheer from the audience who are still as excited as they were at the start.

Brooke: "Starting with wishing the best of luck to all our participants here tonight you should all be so proud of yourselves! We will now take a tour through the multiverse to all our lovely 35 spokespersons."

Tim: "Because in a minute all those 12 points will be dropping in!"

Brooke: "It's time to give a warm Valletta welcome to all our national juries! Let's get the ball rolling with Strayaroos barrier islands the first of our national juries! Il-lejla t-tajba and Good Evening Duomiji!"
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 16 times in total.

StrayaRoos Barrier Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

Duomji Is Calling

Postby StrayaRoos Barrier Islands » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:01 pm

Please note that our Spokesperson presumably went to Circunses Arena for more Beer as he’s been drunk all day

SBI Votes
1:Placely Placington
2:A Glide
3:EleJammy
4:Maltesers Carrots Gum
5:Stray Roos
6:Zumbo idle
7:Saivera
8:VARtugia (Soccer Joke,VAR as in Video Assistant Referee)
10:Beep
12:Told you so Boku
In case you don't understand]
1:Placely Placington
2:Aenglide
3:Elejamie
4:Malta Comino Gozo
5:StrayaRoos
6:Zamboodle
7:Saivera
8:Vartugia
10:Beepee
12:Tödlichebujoku
Last edited by StrayaRoos Barrier Islands on Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Where the emus rule the world

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:21 am

"Good Evening Valletta!

This is BONC Norfolk Pinewoods calling.  My name is Luke Atmyass, and I am delighted to be presenting the votes of the Beepeean Jury tonight.  I want to thank you for a wonderful show tonight. The Jury found it very difficult to choose their top songs. But let's see what they've decided... exciting.

So let's start by looking at the early scores..."

7 Nightom
6 Norrp
5 Achaean Republic
4 Ertzei Kishim
3 Elejamie
2 Alezian Union
1 Polkopia

And now for the top points

And the 8 points goes to Izmedu

The 10 points goes to Britonisea

And now finally,

The 12 points, the douze points, from Beepee goes to....

CARRELIE

Congratulations to all the competing artists, and goodnight Valletta
Last edited by Beepee on Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:59 am

WAISNOR IS CALLING

"And once again, Grodno is with you! It's me agai, Ilya Kuzin, and I again was picked for announcing top 10 of Waisnorian jury in this contest, which is held in the beautiful Malta Comino Gozo! Good luck to all participants! And with that, we shall proceed:"

1 point - PEMECUTAN
2 points - IZMEDU
3 points - TODLICHEBUJOKU
4 points - BELGAAM
5 points - ADAB
6 points - BRITONISEA
7 points - AENGLIDE

8 points - CARRELIE

10 points - POLKOPIA

12 points - ERTZEI KISHIM
Last edited by Waisnor on Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Circunses is Calling

Postby StrayaRoos » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:10 pm

Here are the Roosian Votes and also The final participant of the RooVision Song contest Has been announced it is Asala and Her song Fusion!
Now Enjoy some free Music
Last edited by StrayaRoos on Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates