NATION

PASSWORD

The Azimuth Consortium (OOC) (TWI-Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Aecurora
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 06, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

The Azimuth Consortium (OOC) (TWI-Only)

Postby Aecurora » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:24 am

Azimuth Consortium

The Azimuth Consortium (AZC) is a political and economic union of states located across the the Western Isles. The AZC was created by a Treaty of Formation which superseded and incorporated various preceding treaties into the aforementioned. Notably the AZC has an internal market with free movement of goods, services, people, and capital coupled with abolished border controls with member states. AZC associate states are countries that have bilateral dealings and ties with the AZC as a whole without membership.

This thread will be for drafting the Treaty of Formation (which will include the establishment of AZC institutions such as an advisory parliament, rotating presidency, and other ideas previously discussed in telegrams) as well as the historical canon leading up to the present for the AZC.

Any TWI member interested in becoming a member may use this page.

Dispatch: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=aec ... id=1638694
Last edited by Aecurora on Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
------Aecurora | Uchiha-guku------
NSW x Qld + Okinawa x Philippines = Aecurora
eye-queue-roar-ah but queue and roar blend so they sound like kia ora (kyo-ra) so it sounds like eye-kia ora
Formerly Eurania

Nhoor
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nhoor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:43 am

Bump so that this thread will appear in my list
Jora li Nhórili monarcíya mey Gehermhach pw Bajwrey. Cleca òt henna déqhahen Lesta wnho Yasytwnwn.
The Dominion of Nhoor is a monarchy in the Western Isles. Click here to view the Factbook.

Wellsia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Wellsia » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:00 am

With the new ideas for Wellsia, it’s a go for me.

The United Partitions
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 22, 2021
Anarchy

Postby The United Partitions » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:52 am

After the IW where UP (from 1931 to 1947 known as the Republic of Khuazzah) was on the side of the Imperial Powers, a Aizconan backed military coup took over the country and slowly started to shift it back to a democracy (with extra steps making sure a dictatorship won’t be possible again, such as term limits and having the country be led by a council made up of representatives from each partition.).

By the 1960s, the junta would have been entirely dissolved as the democratic system was fully put into place, just in time for UP to seek international relations once again in order to improve its image and diplomatic reputation. Aecurora is founding a union which UP is interested in, and I always imagined that during the late 60s-80s, UP had a sort of economic prosperity (thought of this before the idea of the SSC). This prosperity could have been caused by joining the consortium, with its pegged currency and internal market.

Also my country tends to be more on the liberal side and makes a lot of profit from the tourism industry, so additionally with the abolishment of border controls my country would have most certainly been interested from the get go.
--------XOLXAYOTZTLI YN TITOLPEXTLI--------
Demonym and Adjectival: Salimanese
Official Name: United Partitions of Salimanasia
but you can call me uppy ;)
~ Member of The Western Isles ~

Aecurora
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aecurora » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:09 pm

The United Partitions wrote:After the IW where UP (from 1931 to 1947 known as the Republic of Khuazzah) was on the side of the Imperial Powers, a Aizconan backed military coup took over the country and slowly started to shift it back to a democracy (with extra steps making sure a dictatorship won’t be possible again, such as term limits and having the country be led by a council made up of representatives from each partition.).

By the 1960s, the junta would have been entirely dissolved as the democratic system was fully put into place, just in time for UP to seek international relations once again in order to improve its image and diplomatic reputation. Aecurora is founding a union which UP is interested in, and I always imagined that during the late 60s-80s, UP had a sort of economic prosperity (thought of this before the idea of the SSC). This prosperity could have been caused by joining the consortium, with its pegged currency and internal market.

Also my country tends to be more on the liberal side and makes a lot of profit from the tourism industry, so additionally with the abolishment of border controls my country would have most certainly been interested from the get go.

Historically the SSC was preceded by what I'd call the Southern Sea Resource Treaty Organization (SSTRO) which was akin to the European Coal and Steel Community, together with other treaties would eventually form the Treaty of Formation of the Southern Sea Consortium. I'd imagine the scarcity of raw resources and the need for rebuilding after the Imperial War, so the predecessor of the SSC would be focused on making an internal market for free flowing of resources. It would also be an attempt to prevent a cause of war that sparked the Imperial War, which was imperialist expansion. Especially for resources I presume.

I've heard that the Imperial War ends just before or around 1950, so a starter year for the formation of the SSTRO could be 1952 or 1953.
eye-queue-roar-ah but queue and roar blend so they sound like kia ora (kyo-ra) so it sounds like eye-kia ora
Formerly Eurania

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:56 am

When I get added to the map, I intend to join the SSC.
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)
  • Long live all the republics of the world! May justice and liberty prevail throughout the world!
14 Mar 2024 | ✉  Radio Free Hintuwan    Now Playing - Do You Hear the People Sing? (Filipino)   Economy shows signs of recovery

Aecurora
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aecurora » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:33 am

Would you all be willing to agree to have the abolished border controls non-mandatory? We will create a sort of Schengen-zone prior to the Treaty of Formation which is acknowledged in the aforementioned. To join the !Schengen would require satisfying different requirements and ratifying a separate treaty.

Hintuwan wrote:When I get added to the map, I intend to join the SSC.

Welcome. There is no drafted Treaty of Formation at the moment; ratifying this would be required for acceding to the SSC. Please stay tuned. Though would you be interested in being a founding member or a later member?
Formerly Eurania

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:08 am

Aecurora wrote:Though would you be interested in being a founding member or a later member?

Oh I'd love to be a founding member, if possible. :)

Aecurora wrote:Would you all be willing to agree to have the abolished border controls non-mandatory?

I'd be okay with that. Personally, Hintuwan opens its borders to all foreigners.
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)
  • Long live all the republics of the world! May justice and liberty prevail throughout the world!
14 Mar 2024 | ✉  Radio Free Hintuwan    Now Playing - Do You Hear the People Sing? (Filipino)   Economy shows signs of recovery

The United Partitions
Bureaucrat

Anarchy

Postby The United Partitions » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:40 am

Aecurora wrote:I've heard that the Imperial War ends just before or around 1950

1948 to be exact

Aecurora
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aecurora » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:07 pm

The United Partitions wrote:
Aecurora wrote:I've heard that the Imperial War ends just before or around 1950

1948 to be exact

Then 1952 would still be good.

I'm also introducing a !Europol, which for our case will be little more than a liaison office for SSC-member law enforcement.
Formerly Eurania

Aecurora
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aecurora » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:12 pm

Hintuwan wrote:
Aecurora wrote:Though would you be interested in being a founding member or a later member?

Oh I'd love to be a founding member, if possible. :)

Aecurora wrote:Would you all be willing to agree to have the abolished border controls non-mandatory?

I'd be okay with that. Personally, Hintuwan opens its borders to all foreigners.

Presumably founding members of the SSC would be involved in the earlier SSRTO. What is going on in your history in the 1950s?
Formerly Eurania

The United Partitions
Bureaucrat

Anarchy

Postby The United Partitions » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:44 pm

UP wouldn't have exactly been democratic by 1952, we would've probably still been a military junta and in a transitional period to democracy. Also the !europol could be called Southpol

Aecurora
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aecurora » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:08 pm

The United Partitions wrote:UP wouldn't have exactly been democratic by 1952, we would've probably still been a military junta and in a transitional period to democracy. Also the !europol could be called Southpol

The SSC dispatch has been updated with proposed institutions.

Also, this is for the SSRTO and not the SSC. Since the immediate objective was to create a common market for raw resources, the concern of a democracy in treaty members would be less prominent in the wake of the Imperial War and more of simply preventing war and boosting economic prosperity.

Only with the SSC is the democracy requirement scrutinized.
Formerly Eurania

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:31 pm

Depending on when SSC is founded, I might have joined as soon as the Imperial War ended.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

The United Partitions
Bureaucrat

Anarchy

Postby The United Partitions » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:44 am

Important Question Regarding the Name of this Association (I Highly Encourage All Members To Respond).

So far, "Southern Sea Consortium (SSC)" has been a placeholder name before we thought of a better one. We have come up with certain names and Aecurora and I would like to hear which one the other members prefer. The choices are the Azimuth Consortium (AZC), the Azimuth Union (AZU or possibly just AU), or keeping the Southern Sea Consortium (SSC). The name Azimuth comes from an angular measurement that is relative to an objective on a spherical coordinate system; poetically meaning that everyone is working together to reach a common goal of prosperity that is not far away. This name would be more relevant than the placeholder name as not all our members are or have to necessarily be in the Southern Sea.

Additionally, to explain the difference between the names consortium and union, a union is a political association formed of and by people of joining together for the sake of common interest. A consortium is much like the definition of a union, however it implies more of a partnership and working together, rather than uniting into a singular entity.

Wellsia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Wellsia » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:47 pm

I vote for Azimuth Consortium

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:52 pm

Perhaps "Southern Sea Treaty Organization"? Or "Association of Southern Sea Nations"?

Tbh though, SSC is good enough. It rolls off the tongue.
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)

Nhoor
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nhoor » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:12 am

As Nhoor is not really in a Southern Sea, any option containing "Azimuth" is preferable :)
Jora li Nhórili monarcíya mey Gehermhach pw Bajwrey. Cleca òt henna déqhahen Lesta wnho Yasytwnwn.
The Dominion of Nhoor is a monarchy in the Western Isles. Click here to view the Factbook.

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:14 am

Nhoor wrote:As Nhoor is not really in a Southern Sea, any option containing "Azimuth" is preferable :)

It seems like a majority of members are though.
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)

The United Partitions
Bureaucrat

Anarchy

Postby The United Partitions » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:22 pm

Considering the fact we've been calling it a Consortium for a while now, I think we should keep that. However I personally don't believe Southern Sea is inclusive enough (or catchy, you can't just call it the Southern Sea because that's something else). I vote for Azimuth Consortium, and people can just call it Azimuth (or AZC) if they please.

Aecurora
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aecurora » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:58 am

Razzgriz has DMd me his preference for Azimuth Consortium/AZC. So we'll switch to AZC.
Formerly Eurania

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:00 pm

An unpreferable development, but I suppose I can accept it.

Long live the AZC!
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)

Asaurcmi
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Asaurcmi » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:30 am

Questions, how will this organization function? Is it similar of the real life European Union and/or NATO?

Hyukai
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyukai » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:52 pm

Hyukai would be interested in joining. Count me in
A developing nation and a respectful member of The Western Isles. Join TWI now and build your nation along with others!

a smoll box i might use later lol
"Bold of you to assume your planes are accepted in Thromsonian airspace"
-Thromsa

"Maybe then Hyukai… into space?"
-Belantica

"Easy there IT clown."
-Aizcona

Quick Links

FAQ with Hyukai!
I didn't have any questions
YOU HAVE A QUESTION YOU HAVE A QUESTION.

Thank you for attending my TED talk.

Aecurora
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aecurora » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:29 pm

Asaurcmi wrote:Questions, how will this organization function? Is it similar of the real life European Union and/or NATO?

The EU but slightly less integrated. And less limited by geography.

Just a notice, we've decided to axe a Schengen-area for the AZC in favor of this, valid among signatories to a parallel treaty.

Hyukai wrote:Hyukai would be interested in joining. Count me in

Hello. I'll send you a brief overview, either through TG or discord. Expect either.

As with everyone else, I apologize for the hiatus, school is piling up. A tentative timeline will be released shortly that will detail the formation of the AZC, from the remnants of the Confederation and the amalgamation of various bilateral-multilateral treaties. It was formed in 1970, and membership had primarily been based on a 'stable political system with democratic elements and a respect for rule of law and civil liberties'.
Formerly Eurania

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents